The Ram 10

Printer-friendly version

Here is chapter 10 of The Ram

The Welsh Mountain Ram 10

Briony Betrayed wife and mother.
Sion Her eight-year-old son.
Ellairy Her nine-month--old daughter.
Arfon Brionys’ unfaithful husband.
Dave. Welsh bachelor hill-farmer.
Jenny and Lassie Daves’ sheepdog bitches.
Laddie. Daves’ sheepdog.
Jessica and Pansy Daves’ sows.
Angel Daves’ mare.
Gabriella (Gabby) Angels’ foal (Gift to Sion.)
Daphne Daves’ ‘girlfriend’
Cledwyn. Farmer further down the valley (Neighbour.)
Blodwen Cledwyn’s daughter.
Rachel Daphne’s TV friend.
Shirley Rachels’ GG wife.

The Ram 10.

As soon as tea was eaten, Daphne changed her elegant clothes for the farmyard ritual and Sion followed her eagerly as she stepped out to feed the animals. Briony cleared the dishes and felt a warm feeling as she glanced out through the back door to see her son happily swinging a bucket of protein nuts for the ram. He emerged empty handed and disappeared into the barn obviously to check on the foal again. Eventually the pair emerged with Sion smiling and bouncing in front of Daphne as they crossed the yard. Briony had rarely seen her son so deliriously happy. She turned to make hot drinks as they thumped their boots on the step to free the muddy snow. Then to Brionys’ joy, Daphne produced a compendium of board games and for a couple of hours the trio chased each others’ counters and markers around various different boards with Sion savouring the newfound delights of family interaction. Once again Briony found herself enjoying some rare moments of delight as her son shrieked with delight at some lucky throw of the dice or sigh of despair at the opposite. Several times Daphne glanced up to see Briony just beaming contentedly as she watched her son eagerly counting his markers up or down the squares. As the evening drew on, little eyelids began to droop and eventually, Sion fell asleep. Daphne carried the boy up to bed while Briony followed with Ellairy at her breast. After the children were abed, Sion woke up and asked Daphne if she would read a story.
“What sort of story?”

“Any story, you choose one.” Sion replied.

Daphne was at a bit of a loss. Then she had a brainwave.

“Wait here, I know of the perfect tale.”

Briony sat on the bed while Daphne disappeared only to return later with the story of ‘Black Beauty.’

Briony grinned as she spotted the title. Then felt a secret pang of guilt. She had rarely read to the boy and never a bedtime story. She wondered where Sion had got the idea. Then she felt a further pang of guilt; Daphne could not have chosen a more appropriate book. She decided to stay and lie with Sion in her arms as Daphne settled on the other end of the bed. The stay was not long. Sion was asleep before Daphne had finished the first chapter. Both adults crept silently from the room to return to the drawing room.

Briony settled on the large sofa and secretly hoped that Daphne would join her but Daphne seemed somewhat restless. After finishing their sherries, Briony finally tackled her.

“”What’s wrong? You’re like a cat on a hot tin roof.”

“I want to change into something nicer. These jeans and shirt don’t seem right for Christmas night.”

Briony became slightly exasperated.

“Well go on then silly! D’you want me to come and help you choose!”

Daphnes’ brow furrowed uncertainly.

“I’ve never had that before. Is that what real girls do?”

“If they trust each other and are good friends, yes, they do it all the time.”

Daphne hesitated momentarily then asked.

“Can I trust you?”

Briony squealed her protest.

“You cheeky thing! It should be me asking if I can trust you! You’re the one with the dick!”
Daphne protested.

“No! Not like that, I mean ... Promise you won’t laugh when I’m trying stuff on. I want to try on the outfit I bought for Christmas.”

Briony immediately felt empathy. ‘What girl couldn’t resist checking out her new outfits?’

“Oh get on with you girl. Come on, let’s see what you bought!”

They scampered along the passage like two naughty schoolgirls and were soon trying on outfits together. Briony had a good chance to check out Daphnes’ boobs and she was quite amazed at the development. She even got to check them out as she helped Daphne adjust the straps and get the bra to sit right. Daphne realised that there had been no need for Briony to help her spoon the ripe orbs into the C cups but it felt nice and certainly broke any ice. Briony stood in front of Daphne as she stood in bra and knickers.

“D’you know. The only thing you’re missing is a really slender waist. You’ve got girly hips and those legs are to die for. I could get quite jealous.”

“Thanks Briony, D’you think this dress or that one.”

“Go for the black. I want to see how you scrub up for parties. I’ve seen you do elegant and that’s good, now I want to see clubby!”

Daphne beamed at the compliment. ‘It was exactly the sort of remark she wanted to hear.’

She stepped into the dress and shimmied it up her body in most revealing and feminine motion. Brionys’ eyes widened with delight.

“My God girl! If you move like that on the dance-floor, you’ll get raped!”

“Call me ‘snake-hips’ baby. This chick grooves when the beat takes over.”

“Well not tonight gurrl! The babes are sleeping.” Briony chuckled.

“It’s too late anyway tonight babe, besides, it’ll take me an hour to put the slap on.”

“Is this what you wear when you’re out clubbing?” Briony asked as Daphne settled to the dressing table.

“Yep,” Daphne flung over her shoulder as she cleaned her face with wet-wipes then selected her foundation and applied it with practiced ease.

Briony watched fascinated as the new face emerged until Daphne stood up for inspection.

“Bloody hell girl. You’re one deadly man-trap. If I were a bloke, I could really fancy you.”

Daphne grinned, selected her jewellery and slipped into a pair of ridiculously high heels to stand poised and perfect before Briony. Briony wagged her head disbelievingly then watched as Daphne minced with perfect poise along the passage then down stairs to the drawing room. As she followed Daphne into the drawing room she found Daphne standing in the bay window looking out on to the floodlit snow. She looked completely at ease with her hands hanging loose at her sides while standing hips tilted. It was obvious the Briony that Daphne was an old hand at heels.

“You’ve got heels down to a‘t’ girl!” Briony observed.

Daphne turned and smiled as she responded with the pun.

“Well I should love, I am a Tee Girl!”

Briony grinned and settled on the sofa as she took the channel selector and picked a programme. Daphne went to a cabinet and opened it to reveal the drinks. Briony was pleased to see that the selection also included tea and coffee as well as an abundance of soft drinks. Daphne turned guiltily.

"I lied a bit earlier. I forgot, there’s a bottle of sherry here. What would you prefer?”

“Mmmm. I’d prefer cocoa.”

“Oh, that’s in the kitchen, I’ll go and get it. Cocoa it is for you then. I’ll have coffee. Shall I light the fire?”

“Oooh yes please, that would be romantic.”

Daphne hesitated nervously.

“Why did you say romantic? I’ — I’m not trying to seduce you.”

Then she bolted into the kitchen like a startled rabbit to make the cocoa.

Briony pouted in disappointment for secretly, she would have loved Daphne to have seduced her. She wondered what it would be like to be seduced by a girly-boy with a real dick.

‘At lease he’ll probably be gentle,’ she thought.

She stood to look at the snow on the lawn where they had fought the snowball fight and noticed that the footprints showed green in the floodlights. It was beginning to thaw and she felt a twinge of disappointment at the thought of leaving in the morning. When Daphne returned with a trolley loaded with the makings and some mince pies Briony commented on the thaw. Daphne went back to study the lawn.

“You’re right, it is thawing. If it carries on like this, we should be able to clear the road to Machynlleth tomorrow. What we can do is divide the work. I’ll use the eight-thousand to clear the snow and you can follow in my Land-rover. Your own car’s going nowhere until the roads are completely clear and it’s safe to tow you down the mountain road with your front end hanging from the back hoe arm. Are you able to drive a Land-rover?”

Briony nodded thoughtfully.

“It’s pretty much like a car isn’t it? Are four wheel drives’ difficult?”

“No just leave it in four-by-four until were clear of the snow lower down towards Machynlleth. Then I’ll park the tractor and I’ll drive you into town. Warn your sister to expect us once were clear of the snow and any possible complications.”

Briony nodded and sat back on the sofa with her cocoa and mince pie. Daphne bent down to light the fire and once again, Briony found herself admiring Daphnes’ shapely arse.

“You look good in that dress you know.”

“Why thank you kind lady. I hope you’re not trying to seduce me.”

Briony smiled outwardly but sighed inwardly for in truth she realised she had just made a pass at Daphne. It seemed because Daphne was dressed in a short mini-frock, she appeared more vulnerable than threatening. Daphne stood up, poured her coffee then sat in the arm-chair beside the fire and sideways on to Briony. This emphasized Daphnes’ long shapely legs and Briony wondered if it had been a deliberate ploy. She was staring at Daphnes’ legs when Daphne asked somewhat nervously.

“What! What’re you looking at?”

“Your legs girl! They’re to die for! My God I’m going to have to keep an eye on you in the clubs. If you go into a straight club, they’ll be lining up to rape you!”

Daphne smiled enigmatically.

“I’ve been in straight clubs plenty of times and you’re right they do ‘line up’ as you put it. That’s why I tend to avoid them now, unless we’re in a gang. Then the girls love it cos the ‘knuckle rash’ is held at bay. We ignore the leering drooling lummoxes and that enables the girls to also ignore them and thus avoid them as they fool about with us on the floor. Believe me Briony I’m pretty street wise about clubbing.”

“I can’t wait to go with you. It must be a scream.”

Daphne smiled and nodded.

“Well, yes, we do rather go OTT but we’re you know, a pretty mixed lot, or should I say ‘mixed up lot’?”

“Sounds like crazy fun. I envy you.”

“Well, I get out when I can but the farm is a tie, especially in this weather. If it’s snowing on the New Year, I’ll have to cancel everything.

“Didn’t you say to that Rachel that you’re going sometime in early January.”

“New years’ eve is fixed. I’m going to Manchester. First there’s a party at Rachels’ friends’ apartment on Sackman Street, then after midnight, we’re off out clubbing. There’s a few days grace for me but Rach’ is going down to Brum. I might hang around in Manchester or come home, it’s pretty much up in the air. Rachel’s coming here the next weekend as you already know.”

Briony fell silent. Since getting married and having children she hadn’t been once to a club venue on New-years’ eve. It had always been around to Arfons’ family where his parents and brothers just ended up getting drunk and then arguing while Briony kept a diplomatic silence. Briony would have loved to have just gone out for a wild, worry free, nights’ dancing and clubbing. She bit her lip thoughtfully.

“Would there be room for one more at this gig?”

Daphne smiled and nodded gently.

“You’d be more than welcome, the more Gee girls the better.”

“Gee girls ... what are Gee girls?”

“Gee-girls are Genetic girls; that is ordinary girls or transsexual girls, they’re all genuine girls between the ears. I’ve no idea how many will be there but Rachels’ wife will certainly be there for one, so you won’t be sticking out like a sore thumb or something. What about Sion and Ellairy?”

Briony sighed. ‘If the thing came off, she could ask her sister in Machynlleth to baby sit for a couple of days.’

“Maybe I could leave them with my sister. She knows I deserve a break, she knows about Arfon because she’s seen the bruises on me and Sion.”

“Well, if she takes them then you can come by all means. Best you grab some sleep while you can then. Tomorrow’s going to be a long day at least until we can clear the road below Cledwyns’ farm. Usually it’s pretty clear after that, well; clear enough for the land rover, I’ll park the eight thousand in Cledwyns’ farm yard. He can use it to feed his sheep while we push through to Machynlleth.”

Briony finished her cocoa and reluctantly took Daphnes’ advice. Daphne put the guard up on the fire to secure it and followed her up the stairs. At her bedroom door, Briony paused and turned to Daphne just as she was passing. It was Brionys’ last chance to somehow entice her knight in shining armour into her bed.

“Don’t I get a good-night kiss from my white knight then?” Briony whispered so as not to disturb her children.

“It’s only a kiss then dear maid. I’ve a long day tomorrow. The upper section of the road over the second Bwlch is always the worst bit and the road is not well marked. Every time we put up marker posts, the wild ponies knock them down as they used them for scratching posts.”

Daphne leaned into Brionys extended arms meaning to give her a peck on the cheek but Briony outmanoeuvred her and wrapped her hands around Daphnes’ neck to pull her into a clinch. For a moment, she felt Daphne flinch then tense before finally relaxing and savouring Brionys’ lips.

“Mmmph!” What was that about?” Gasped a started Daphne as she finally slipped Brionys’ embrace.

“That’s a thank you for saving us and being so nice.”

Daphne was at a loss for words for the passion in Brionys’ kiss had caught her unawares. She hesitated for a moment then slipped into the master bedroom. Briony stared wistfully at the closing door then sighed again and slipped into her own room. In moments, she was sliding into bed beside her young son Sion. The boy stirred but did not waken. Within minutes Briony was fast asleep in the huge king-sized bed.

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lovely gentle ongoing

Story.
I really appreciate the way they're slowly feeling their way into the relationship.

BTW, Land Rovers are in four wheel drive all the time - like Subarus!!

Landrovers.

I have owned landrovers for many, many years before I finally transferred to my tranny van.

I have owned a series 2, a series 3 and a 110 county. Only the modern landrovers are 'in 4*4 all the time and even they have an option at time of purchase to temporarily totally disengage the front diff. (Although, there are just so-oo many options available out there that almost half the landrovers on earth have some particular modification. They are still fantastic vehicles.

I far preferred the 2*4*4 option because one has the second option to get out of jail free. I don't own a landrover any more because I have no need for one and it doesn't lend itself to trannying.

My low-level Tranny van enables me to enter multi-story carparks with 2.1m height restrictions when I go into town and yet it still enables me to change in the back of the van.

Thanks for the comments Jen, I thrive on comments and always welcome them.

Love and hugs.

XZXX

Bev.

Growing Old Disgracefully

bev_1.jpg

One day, we'll be normal

Too many of us go about waiting for a kick in the ass, simply because we've had lots of them. Someday, I hope that changing from work pants to a skirt won't even raise an eyebrow.

Gwendolyn

David, you fool!

Finding someone who is not only accepting, but happily understanding and eager to share her life? Very rare, indeed. I hope Briony finds a way to break thru to David/Daphne's heart. I'm eager to read more!

Wren

Do they Still Double De-Clutch?

joannebarbarella's picture

I know that sounds suggestive but I'm talking about LandRovers. I first drove one in 1966 and that was the most difficult manoeuvre to learn.

Much grinding of gears until perfection was attained. I think Daphne and Briony are learning that little skill at the moment,

Joanne

The Ram 10

Go for it Briony!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Enjoyable Chapter

I can imagine someone using the line for you about having heels down to a T and you being a T girl. It's a very real line.

Thanks, Bev,

Much Love,

Valerie R