To Save A Family Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Matthew makes a deal with magical powers to try to save his broken family.

In part 2 the bargains are made and the transformation occurs.

My first new story in a while and my first to go to this wonderful website first.

Btw, about pronouns. The slipping between genders and names for Mike/Mary is intentional. I have found in my life people have had trouble adjusting to mine and since the family hasn't stayed in close contact it would be even harder and this is written from their point of view much of the time.

To Save A Family Part 2
By Bruce

I honestly believed that the summoning would work but I was still surprised to see the smoke and the light. Perhaps I was just startled that finally my hopes were coming true. What I can honestly say I did not expect to see was a girl in the center of the circle. Maybe if it was a demon of some sort, a tail or horns or something, but it was just a blonde girl, well dressed and pretty.

She smiled at me. “Not what you were expecting was it? The boss feels no reason to be intimidating at a friendly bargaining session so we try to come in a form that is less threatening. You can call me Sara.”

I could not contain my enthusiasm. It had worked! “You have to help me! My family, I need...”

She put a finger to her lips. “Shhh. I know why you called. We even have a plan to help you.” She grinned. “But first there is a bit of red tape. I need to ask you a few questions.”

“Don't worry I will pay any price...honestly I...”

“Calm please. We will get to that part. Question number one is why? Why are you willing to pay such a price for your family. Your mother has not been the best of moms and your sister went away from you. Why on earth would you help them?”

“I love them. I know mom hurts me but she can't help it. She's hurting so much inside. And Mike is my brother not my sister. I don't care what shape he takes. He did what he had to do to survive. They need me, they are both lost and they are my family.”

“Well, they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.” She dramatically flared her arms around the circle. “I am not sure they would do the same for you. Actually that gives me an idea. Instead of the standard transaction perhaps I can have a little fun with this. See how your love holds up in the face of the reality of your family. I will even give you an escape clause at the end. You up for a little game?”

This made me a bit nervous. “What kind of game?”

“I will set a way to reunite your sister and mother. It will involve a great deal of hardship on your part. After they are reunited you will get to decide if you want them together or want things back the way they were. If your love holds up you have your family again with the only cost being yours. If not I will put things back the way they were at no price to you personally. Sound good?”

“It sounds too good to be honest; but I'm desperate. You have a deal.”

She smiled. “Tomorrow find your sibling. I will show myself and your test will begin. Do not try to summon me again. I will come when the time is right.” With that she vanished.

Sleeping that night proved impossible. Before it was even dawn I headed for the city. I knew where I could find my sisters apartment. I stepped over the homeless man sitting in the door and tried not to wake him and climbed up the stars doing my best to ignore the smell. I knocked on the door and heard my brother/sister from inside...

Mike:

It has been another long night. I hated working the street. It felt like a betrayal of everything I was. I was supposed to be a man. It was damned if I do damned if I don't I guess. I needed the money for a therapist, and hormones, and clothing and surgery. The list seemed endless. I didn't have much talent or skill for anything else. Dad and Mom saw to it that their “little girl” didn't learn anything that might be a useful other than for a housewife. I also have to admit I couldn't focus at school either so that wasn't an option. Mind you I don't feel like I'm stupid; I just couldn't focus. Too much going through my skull.

My one big mistake was running into Dave. He didn't like girls working what he called “his streets” without permission. I had bruises for a while to prove it. I learned pretty fast that I had to give him his cut or I would wind up like one of those other girls that just vanishes. Moving somewhere else wasn't an option either. There was a code in town. Different pimps want different parts of the street. I tried once to relocate. Another beating and one final warning got me back to my corner.

It was hard to get ahead. I had the advantage that I wasn't hooked on anything like a lot of the other girls. I also didn't smoke and I didn't try to have a television. Strictly no frills for me, I had my eyes on my goal. It still didn't leave me much to put away for myself. After Dave took my stash when he first found me to cover his “cut” for the months that I was working I had gotten a bit smarter about where I hid things. Fortunately he also slept in most morning so I was able to slip away and deposit my money in a bank account my parents set up for me when I was little.

I still hated my life. I was dressing up more femininely than I did even under my parents roof. I was also being used by men. I am really not interested in men at all. There were many nights all I could think about was ending it all. Maybe I would be a guy in heaven? Although I am pretty sure if I end it all I would not go up there. I would probably end up in a place just like this. Only this time with no way out.

Seeing my brother Mathew again was one of the few things that gave me hope. From a practical point of view he gave me money that helped me build my stash much much faster. It was more than that though, it was someone who loved me. Someone who made me feel I was worth something not just some sick freak. He came as often as he could and we would talk and I would feel almost normal. Only problem was he always wanted to talk about Mom.

He seemed to think Mom still wanted me. I knew differently. He hadn't seen all of the fireworks between us. I couldn't even blame Mom for hating me either. I made Dad leave. I am surprised Matt didn't hate me for that also but he seemed to have a pretty low opinion of Dad to being with. A part of me still loved both Mom and Dad. That was why I couldn't go back. Seeing the disappointment in her eyes hurt me more than a beating from Dave. I didn't want to take anything more away from her and I was also pretty sure that I couldn't contain the part of me that was angry with her.

Today was going to be a visit from Dave so I tried to get home early. Meant I had to work extra hard to get clients so I could cover Dave's end of things for the night. It wasn't easy either since I had been sick for a while and had lost some weight. Had to put in extra effort to try and look good. Took me a good while to get to sleep even getting home a bit early so I was pretty put out to hear the banging at the door at the crack of dawn.

“Who the hell is there?”

“It's me Matthew! Let me in!”

I dragged myself out of bed and went to the door flinging it open. “Do you have any idea what time it is?” He rushed in past me. He looked about ready to burst. “Something wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong! Just the opposite I have found a way to get you back together with Mom!”

“Matt, I have told you again and again she doesn't want to see me. I don't have any way to get there anyways and you know what Dave would do if I vanish?”

He smiled. “What if I could guarantee that she would see you? What if I could guarantee she would welcome you home?

I shook my head. “How can you possibly guarantee that?”

A flash appeared and suddenly there was woman in my room. “Why that would be me. Your big brother here decided to make a little deal with me to get you and mommy dearest back together. I promised him you would be welcome home and you will be. The only cost would be his.”

My mouth hung open, what was going on? Suddenly she snapped her fingers. Another flash of light blinded me and suddenly everything felt different. I was across the room and I saw myself. It was weird seeing my body from the outside and the expression on my face was one of horror and disbelief. I looked down at the body I now wore. I was Matthew.

The woman smiled at me, “Now you should have no problem visiting Mommy.” She turned back to Matt in my body. “As for you we will settle up later.” She winked at him then vanished.

What had Matthew done? Why? Did he understand what he had gotten himself into. I was afraid for him but I was feeling something that might be even worse than that.

Looking down at my own body... a male body. I felt joy.

Comments and criticisms are welcome! Part 3 should come soon!

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Whoa...

I seriously didn't see that one coming right until the end. Excellent.

Matt

I'm wondering if Matt is going to be able to go straight home (and promise mommy to dress and act like a perfect lady,) or if she is going to have to play host to the pimp, then sneak home later.

Great story! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

To Save A Family Part 2

So, BOTH are now guys, unless I am mistaken.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

No, from the way I read it,

No, from the way I read it, it was a body swap. Matt is now in Mark's body (Which is still female). and Mark is now in Matt's body. Mark can go back home being welcomed in Matt's body, while Matt now has to deal with the pimp.

--Brandon Young

--Brandon Young

Yep, Bodyswap

Sorry if that wasn't clear but it was a bodyswap. I will try to make that a bit more explicit if i ever do a rewrite.

joy mitagated by worry

I can understand his mixed feelings. I'd love to be a girl, but not at that kind of cost...

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Cost

The cost is temporary. She needs to get away from the pimp, go home, and tell mommy that she promises to wear dresses from now on.

Of course, that's assuming that she's OK with being a girl.

Nice and sneaky

I liked that little switch!