To Make A Wish Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Thirteen

    Sara woke feeling a little confused as to what happened at first, but it all started to come back to her. She opened her eyes and scanned the room quickly, trying to find Hypatia so she could give her a piece of her mind for knocking her out, however she did it.

     “Where’s Hypatia?” Sara asked Sandy when she realised that there was only her, Sandy and Sheana in the room. “I can’t believe she managed to put me to sleep like she did Sheana.” Sara added as she sat up in bed and looked over at her still fast asleep sister lying next to her.

     “Hypatia did it for your own good sis, now calm down and take it easy.” Sandy said as she got up out the chair she’d been sat in and then sat on the edge of the bed so she could talk with Sara a little easier. “Hypatia said you’d used a lot of your own energy helping Sheana, so she knocked you out to give your body time to recharge itself.” Sandy explained as she looked her baby sister over.

     “How’s Sheana doing?” Sara asked as she looked down at her with worry in her voice.

     “Hypatia said she looked to be over the worst of it thanks to the healing properties in the crystals in the bed posts. She tried to explain it to me, but lost me.” Sandy giggled.

     “Where’s Hypatia now?” Sara asked.

     “She’s helping Samantha sort out some lunch for us all, and something to help Sheana with her cold.” Sandy said as she stopped Sara from trying to get out the bed. “So just relax and wait for your lunch to arrive.” Sandy added in a bossy big sister way.

     “Yes mummy.” Sara giggled as she fell back on the bed again. “Does mum now about what happened at the school?” Sara asked looking worried again now for another reason.

     “Yes, Hypatia called and spoke with her. Mum’s worried, but thinks Sheana is in the best place given what happened at the school.” Sandy told her. “Mike called earlier. He said that the headmaster had sent all the kids home. He and Jo were off to his house to check on what the men in black are up to.” Sandy added.

     “They must have caught some, if not all of what happened on camera sis.” Sara said as she slapped her hands over her face and let out a groan of frustration. “I should have realised Sheana was sick sooner and got her away from the school.” Sara said, blaming herself for what happened.

     “How were you to know this would happen sis? Stop being so hard on yourself.” Sandy said as she flopped down on top of Sara and hugged her. “Slayer or not, you’re still just a fourteen year old girl with a lot to learn about the world and the people in it.” Sandy added as she looked her baby sister in the eyes just before she kissed her on the cheek.

     “I’m glad to see you’re finally awake.” Came Hypatia’s voice from over near the door.

    Sara and Sandy both looked over at her and smiled when they saw her and Samantha stood there with a large tray each. They both realised at the same time just how hungry they were. Sheana must have been hungry as well, or she just smelt the food, because she started to open her eyes as well.

     “What happened to me?” Sheana groaned as she tried to remember where she was.

     “We’re at Hypatia’s place sis.” Sara said as she sat up again and looked down at her sister’s sleepy looking face. “She knocked you out with a red glow, just like she did to me.” Sara looked at Hypatia with a frown. “How are you feeling now?” Sara asked.

     “Much better thank you for asking, but I am really hungry.” Sheana said as her stomach made a weird noise to let them all know it wanted filling.

     “We better see about fixing that then young lady.” Samantha said as she walked around the bed to Sheana’s side and set her tray down before picking up a napkin and helping Sheana to sit up in bed. Samantha placed the napkin around Sheana’s neck and then picked up a bowl of something that Sheana thought smelled amazing, just before she sat down on the edge of the bed and started to spoon feed Sheana.

     “I could do this myself Samantha.” Sheana said between mouthful’s of the soup. “It’s very good by the way. Is there special herbs in it?” Sheana asked just before Samantha gave her some more.

     “I’m sure you could Sheana, but I like taking care of people.” Samantha said with a grin. “And yes it is a very special soup designed for heeling people with colds.” Samantha added just before giving Sheana some more of the soup.

    ”What’s in the soup then Samantha?” Sara asked when she saw that Samantha wasn’t going to tell them without some pushing to do so.

    Samantha looked around the room as though she wanted to tell them something, but without being overheard, then she looked at Sheana and Sara before she said, “Chicken.”

     “Chicken?” Sara asked with a puzzled look on her face. “Your secret cure for a cold is plain chicken soup?” Sara asked it like Samantha had lost her marbles.

     “There is nothing simple about this soup sis.” Sheana said as she sat in bed with her mouth open ready for another mouthful.

     “Samantha’s homemade chicken soup can cure more than just colds.” Hypatia said with pride. “You shouldn’t knock it until you’ve tried it.” Hypatia added as she handed Sara a bowl of the soup to try.

    Sara took the bowl and was soon putting a spoonful into her mouth. Sara had never tasted soup like this before. She’d had tinned soup tons of times, but it had never tasted like this. Sara felt like she’d had a taste explosion in her mouth, she was soon taking a second spoonful, and then a third.

     “I’m sorry I ever doubted you Samantha, this soup is amazing.” Sara groaned just before she put some more in her mouth.

     “Thank you Sara, I’m glad you like it.” Samantha smiled as she kept feeding Sheana.

     “How do you find time to do all the things you do and fit in sleep as well?” Sandy asked after she also tried some of the soup.

     “I don’t sleep, never have.” Samantha said in a matter of fact way, like it just didn’t bother her. “I would like to know what dreaming is like though.” She added looking thoughtful for a second or two, just before she carried on feeding Sheana.

     “You’ve never slept a day in your life?” Sara asked just to make sure she understood fully what Samantha was saying.

     “No, never. That’s how I was able to make Sheana her disguise in such a short time.” Samantha smiled as she kept feeding Sheana her lunch of chicken soup.

     “She’s never suffered for her lack of sleep though.” Hypatia said with a grin.

     “It does give us more times for other things, doesn’t it mistress?” Samantha blushed.

     “We get the idea you two.” Sandy said suddenly understanding what Samantha and Hypatia were getting at. “We have children present remember.” Sandy added as she looked at Sara and Sheana.

     “With everything that happened earlier sis, I forgot to ask you how your first day was going?” Sara said when she remembered the reason for Sandy being with Samantha this morning when they picked her and Sheana up from the school.

     “It was going really well.” Sandy grinned. “Everyone I’m working with are really nice. I’m even working with a couple of ghouls.” Sandy added in a whisper.

     “Ghouls?” Sheana asked looking worried. “You do know what they like to eat right?” Sheana asked as she looked at Samantha to see if she was going to try and cut her off from telling Sandy, but Sandy beat her to it.

     “Yes, they eat dead flesh every now and then, but most the time they eat what we eat.” Sandy said with a shrug. “They even asked me to join them for dinner later in the week.” Sandy added looking excited.

     “I hope it’s going to be a normal meal you join them for sis.” Sara said as she pulled a face.

     “Of cause it will be a normal meal silly.” Sandy said as she playfully slapped Sara on the arm.

     “Please don’t worry about them Sara, Sheana. They have worked for us now for some years and enjoy the company of humans over other demons.” Samantha pointed out. “They took quite a shine to young Sandy when they found out she knew all about the supernatural world.” Samantha added.

     “Do they know about Sheana and me?” Sara asked.

     “No, we won’t tell them anything about the slayer being her sister just in case they blab it out someplace.” Samantha said to reassure Sara and Sheana that their secret life was going to stay just that.

     “How did you explain Sandy knowing about the supernatural world then?” Sara asked looking puzzled.

     “We told them about my ex being a vampire, but we said that Hypatia came to the rescue, and that’s how I got to know Samantha and then got offered the job.” Sandy said with a grin. “We gave it some thought before I met the supernatural side of the workforce.” Sandy added with pride.

     “Do they have senses like vampires have?” Sara asked looking worried. “Prue said she could sense when I was close by when we first met, just like I can sense when she or any other vampire or demon is close by.” Sara added.

     “No one can sense you anymore sis. I solved that when I added the protection spell to your necklace.” Sheana pointed out as she wiped her mouth after finishing her soup. “Thank you for that Samantha, it was wonderful.” Sheana added with a grin, feeling much better now than she did when she first arrived at the mansion.

     “So I just read as a normal girl to everyone?” Sara asked as she looked at Sheana.

     “If I did the spell right, then yes you should, even when you’re in slayer mode, they won’t be able to track you, but you can track them still.” Sheana said with a grin.

     “Cool, I like the sound of that sis.” Sara grinned as she thought of the advantage that would give her when fighting vampires.

     “I had another thought while we were driving here earlier sis.” Sheana said as she sat up a little more so she could explain her idea to them all. “Can you make a belt to go with Sara’s slayer armour?” Sheana asked as she looked at Samantha.

     “Yes, I’ve already worked up some designs for one, so she can carry weapons to aide her in any fights she may have.” Samantha said with a puzzled look. “What is it you have in mind Sheana?” Samantha asked.

     “Do you have one of the crystals I charged with my sneezing?” Sheana asked.

     “Yes they're right here ready for me to give back to you once you were well enough to absorb the power back into your body.” Samantha said as she picked up a silver jewellery box and placed it on Sheana’s lap.

    Sheana opened the box and looked at the three glowing crystal’s inside. She picked one up and then held it tight in her hand while she closed her eyes and focused on shaping it into something while casting a spell over it at the same time. When Sheana was done she opened her eyes and then looked down at her palm with the crystal in it as she opened her hand and looked at what she’d formed the crystal into. Sara and the others found themselves looking at a blue crystal S.

     “Should you be trying to do magic at the minute, and why doesn’t it glow anymore sis?” Sara asked as she touched the crystal S. “I can still feel the power trapped inside.” Sara added as she looked up at Sheana again.

     “That’s because I’ve trapped the power in there so you can use it when you need to, and I feel fine again now.” Sheana explained. “Once Samantha’s added this to the belt buckle and then your armour. You will be able to blink yourself and others to safety.” Sheana added with a grin, happy with her latest idea to help keep her sister safe.

     “You’re over your cold already?” Sara asked just before she realised what Sheana had said about her being able to blink. “Wait! I’ll be able to blink myself and others from place to place?”

     “Yes it seems I am.” Sheana said with a grin as she saw the worried look on her sister’s face. “And yes you will be able to blink yourself and others to any location you want to, but you must have a clear image of the place in your mind, or nothing will happen.” Sheana warned.

     “What happens if someone’s placed an object in the location I blink to?” Sara asked still not convinced this would be such a good idea.

     “The spell I’ve cast on the crystal will bounce you to the closest open space.” Sheana said calmingly to a worried looking Sara. “I am good at what I do sis.” Sheana added with a pout at the fact her sister didn’t trust her.

     “I think it would be wise to practice with it before you try using it out in the field Sara.” Hypatia pointed out.

     “I think so to.” Sara agreed. “Last thing I want to do is think about being at school in the middle of a fight and then find myself there.” Sara said with a nervous giggle.

     “It doesn’t work that way sis. I’ve designed the spell so you have to touch a finger to the crystal and then focus on the place you wish to be transported to.” Sheana explained. “It will only activate on its own if your life force suddenly drops, or is dangerously low.” Sheana added looking worried as she said it.

     “Where would it transport me to sis?” Sara asked.

     “I told it to send you here at the mansion.” Sheana said as she looked around the large bedroom. “I thought if you were in that much danger, then you would need Hypatia and Samantha’s help. The crystal will deliver you to the spot in the hallway, so you won’t have trouble with the guards like we did yesterday.” Sheana added with a giggle as she thought about Sara having to fight with the stone guards when she blinked them into the training room. Sheana did think Sara looking good though as she ripped the arm of one stone guard, and then knocked the head off another one with it.

     “That was a very smart thing to do young Sheana.” Hypatia said, proud of just how intelligent both these girls were turning out to be. “How long will it take you to add the crystal to the belt you’ve been designing Sammi?” Hypatia asked as she looked at Samantha now holding the S shaped crystal.

     “I have the belt ready, but I was just trying to work out a design for the buckle. This is just perfect for it.” Samantha giggled as she gripped it in her hands. “Come Sandy, you can help me finish off the belt, so we can add it to the slayers armour!” Samantha shouted as she jumped up and then waited for Sandy to get up.

    Sara, Sheana and Hypatia sat and watched an excited Samantha run from the room with Sandy running close behind. “She gets so excited when she’s working on a new project.” Hypatia said with a smile.

     “Are you sure you’re feeling okay again now sis?” Sara asked as she turned to look at Sheana, not wanting to spoil Hypatia’s moment.

     “Yes, I feel as good as new, as you would say these days.” Sheana grinned as she made her hands spark with magic. Sheana then reached her hands out to the two bed posts at the foot of the bed and started to draw a glowing blue mist from each of the posts into her body through her hands.

     “What are you doing now Sheana?” Sara asked looking worried that something was still wrong with her sister.

     “I’m just taking back my power sis, don’t look so worried.” Sheana smiled as she carried on drawing the blue mist into her body.

     “The bed was designed to use the power and magic of the person lying in it to recharge them and make them well again.” Hypatia explained. “That is why you both feel well again now.” She added with a grin. “I must admit though, I’ve never seen the bed work so fast before. You are both very powerful.” Hypatia said with pride.

    Sheana finished draining the bed before she threw back the covers and got out. She was still a little unsteady on her feet, but felt much better again now. Sara got out as well and joined her sister to offer a little support while she found her legs again. Hypatia was happy to see both girls looking fit and healthy again.

*****

    Karl was just overseeing the loading of the vehicles in the loading area when he saw the commander walking over to him. Karl and his team were going into the school as government inspectors ordered to find out if it was a gas leak or not. The garage grunts were just stickering up the vehicles as Karl watched them and some of his team putting guns and other equipment in the vans they were using.

     “You’re cleared to go just as soon as you’re ready Karl!” The Commander shouted as he made his way over to where Karl was stood checking off all the items he thought him and his team might need.

     “We should be on our way in another ten minutes sir.” Karl informed him. “Have the techs managed to work out how the system was compromised?” Karl asked.

     “Not completely. They seem to think the only way it could be done, would be to aim a large blast of magic directly at one of the transmitters.” The Commander grumbled. “So I need you to check all the transmitter locations and see if any of them have been tampered with.” The Commander added, not that he needed to tell Karl what to do, Karl had been his second in command for a number of years now and knew what the Commander wanted done, and did it without question.

     “Do we know if any footage survived the attack, if it was an attack?” Karl asked, still not sure this was a planned attack on them by this slayer and her witch.

     “Not here and command, but we do have the experimental wifi unit at the school.” The Commander pointed out. “We were still running tests on it, and the range isn’t very far in the receiver. That’s why it was being tested at the school.” The Commander reminded Karl.

     “I’ll retrieve the unit so the techs can troll through the footage and find out who we’re looking for then sir. If it survived this power spike.” Karl said as he looked around at repair crews working on getting full power back up and running at the command centre.

     “We’re pretty much back on our feet now, just a matter of replacing a few blown bulbs here and there.” The Commander said as he watched a man in overalls doing just that. “I’ll leave you to get sorted. Give me a report as soon as you have something for me.” The Commander added just before he turned and walked away again.

    Karl got back to work motivating his team and the grunts working on the vans to make them look the part him and his team would be playing. True to his word, Karl was on the road just over ten minutes later and heading towards the school.

     “Are you expecting trouble sir?” One of his team, a man called Adams asked.

     “No, just a simple recon and retrieve.” Karl told his team members.

     “Damn shame, I was hoping to get a shot at this Slayer and her witch.” Adams said looking a little too eager to jump into battle with a force they had no chance of winning against.

     “Did you see the video of her taking down that Krennan demon?” Karl asked with shock in his voice.

     “Sure did sir. It just makes me more eager to go up against her.” Adams said with a grin.

     “No son, it just makes you a dammed fool.” Karl replied. “If we do encounter this slayer or her witch, we do not attack them. Do I make myself clear?” Karl asked his team in the back of the van.

     “Yes sir!” Came the reply from his team.

     “Did you get that team two?” Karl asked into the radio as he spoke to the team in the second van following them to the school.

     “Yes sir.” A voice came back over the radio.

    Karl went back to studying the plan of the school and where the transmitters and recording device were, so he could best deploy his teams to retrieve the items and then check out the cause of the power spike.


*****

    Hypatia had deemed Sheana well enough to do a little light training with her and Sara down in the training room while they waited for Samantha and Sandy to return from Samantha’s work room down in the basement of the mansion where she did all her work.

     “How does the disguise feel Sheana?” Hypatia asked as she had Sheana suited up in her new black witch armour, just as Sara was now suited up as the Slayer in her red armour.

     “It feels a little weird to be honest with you.” Sheana said in her new sounding sexy adult voice. “I’m not use to wearing such tight fitting clothing, but the crystals do make me feel more powerful.” She added with a grin as she summoned up a blue glowing ball of magic in one of her gloved hands.

     “Yes, well we all know you can use magic Sheana, but we need to get your body and mind working as one without magic.” Hypatia pointed out. “I want you to follow Sara around the course. Sara? Don’t rush and help Sheana as much as you can.” Hypatia added as she waited for the two girls to get started.

     “I could have stayed at school to do this sort of thing.” Sara whined playfully in her sexy voice as she helped Sheana get started.

     “Yes, but then you’d have missed out on my wonderful company for the afternoon.” Hypatia beamed as she watched the two girls make their way around the course.

    The two girls had just finished their third trip around the course when they saw Samantha and Sandy enter the room. Samantha had a red belt in her hand and a grin on her face.

     “Have you finished it already Samantha?” Sara asked as she made her way over to where Samantha and Sandy were now stood with Hypatia.

     “Wow Sheana! You look so different.” Sandy said when she saw Sheana dressed all in black complete with black hair and little half face mask. “If I didn’t know who the two of you were, I’d never guess in a thousand years.” Sandy added with a grin as she clapped her hands together excitedly.

     “Thank you Sandy, but Samantha deserves all the credit really.” Sheana said, still not used to hearing the different sound to her voice. “I still feel like everything is on show, even though it isn’t.” Sheana added as she ran a hand down her side and then left it resting on her hip as she came to a stop just in front of Sandy, which put Sara in front of Samantha.

     “It does show of your curves Sheana, but in a good way.” Sandy smiled.

     “So are you ready to give this belt a try then Slayer?” Samantha asked with a grin as she held it up in one hand while slowly moving her other hand down it like a girl on a game show would do when showing of a prize.

     “Not really, but we better see if I can get to grips with using this blinking power Sheana’s given me.” Sara said as she lifted her arms so Samantha could slip the belt around her waist for her and clip it shut at the front. “Will it return to the locket with the rest of the armour when I’m done with it?” Sara asked as she tried to look down and watch Samantha fasten the belt.

     “Yes it will sis.” Sheana said as she looked at the nice way Samantha had fixed the blue crystal S in the middle of a gold buckle that was now holding the two ends of the red belt closed around Sara’s small corseted waist. “That is very beautiful work Samantha.” Sheana added as she bent forward to get a closer look at the belt buckle and the crystal fixed in its centre.

     “Thanks Sheana.” Samantha grinned as she stepped back so Sara could give it a try. “I formed the gold part of the buckle around the crystal, so there is no chance of it falling out while you’re in a battle Sara.” Samantha added reassuringly.

     “I was quite shocked when I saw Samantha doing magic.” Sandy said with a grin. “I never realised that almost anyone can do magic with the right training and crystals.” Sandy added with a look that said she wouldn’t mind giving it a go herself at some point.

     “I’d be happy to work with you big sister.” Sheana smiled as she stepped over to stand next to Sandy so they could watch Sara try blinking herself someplace.

     “I’d like that a lot baby sister.” Sandy said as she wrapped an arm around Sheana’s smaller corseted waist and let her hand rest on Sheana’s far hip.

     “Were do you think I should try blinking to first?” Sara asked as she looked at Sheana for some help.

     “Let’s start with something simple so you can get use to it.” Sheana said. “Touch you left hand to the crystal on the belt and think about going over to the table at the other end of the room.” Sheana pointed to the table where the others had sat on Saturday while they watched her and Hypatia training.

    Sara took a couple of deep breaths and then she touched the crystal S. The others all watched as Sara suddenly vanished and then appeared over the other side of the room next to the table.

     “I did it!” Sara shouted sounding shocked it actually worked. Before Sheana could tell her to try doing it the other way, Sara touched the crystal again and was back where she started from. “It’s not as hard as I thought it would be.” Sara giggled.

     “It does get a little harder the further you blink, but I can’t see it being any problem for you Slayer.” Sheana said with a grin.

    Sheana worked with Sara for the next hour blinking all over the house until Sara could blink herself without any trouble. Then Sheana wanted to try a much longer blink to their bedroom back at the house. This had Sara looking worried, but she was ready to give it a go.

     “Just do like we’ve been doing and picture our bedroom.” Sheana said just before she vanished.

    Sara formed the image of her bedroom in her mind as she touched the crystal S on her belt. The next Sara knew she was stood in her bedroom with Sheana looking at her grinning. “Wow I could get use to this.” Sara giggled as she looked around her room. “We better get back and let the others know it worked.” Sara said just before she blinked back to the mansion. Sara had formed the image of the circle in the hallway where Hypatia had told Sheana to blink to, so when Sara arrived back at the mansion she didn’t set any alarms off like they did the night before when they dropped in to get Sheana sorted out with her disguise.

    Sheana blinked in next to her and they both giggled before making their way back to the training room to let Hypatia, Samantha and Sandy know they were back safe. Sandy was on the phone to someone when they got back to the training room. It took Sara a couple of seconds to realise that Sandy was talking to someone on Sara’s mobile, and she didn’t look happy with that she was hearing the person say.

     “They just got back, so I’ll let them know and see what they want to do. Thanks for the warning, Michelle.” Sandy said just before she ended the call.

     “What’s wrong sis?” Sara asked, knowing the look Sandy had to well after all these years growing up together.

     “Michelle and Jo have been listening in on the MIB’s and they are at the school looking for evidence.” Sandy warned. “Michelle and Jo have found out that Sheana’s little sneezing fit at the school took out the camera feed and power back at the MIB’s base of operation, but they were field testing a portable storage device at the school and they seem to think it might have survived the attack as they’re calling it.” Sandy added looking worried.

     “If they have footage of the time leading up to the point Sheana sneezed, then they will find out who the two of you are.” Hypatia said with a frown. “You have to go to the school and get that device, or destroy it.” She warned.

     “You ready to give the MIB’s something to think about sis?” Sara asked with a grin. “I’ll meet you in the toilets where you turned us invisible last week.” Sara added as she got ready to blink to the school.

     “Let’s go and see what they think of the new look Slayer and her trusty sidekick.” Sheana almost purred in her new voice.

     “You’re far more than a sidekick sis.” Sara pouted. “See you soon.” Sara grinned as she touched the belt buckle and vanished, shortly followed by Sheana.

     “Do you think they’ll be alright Hypatia?” Sandy asked looking worried.

     “I’d be more worried about the men in black if I was you.” Hypatia said as she took Sandy by the hand and led her out the training room and down the hallway to the kitchen. “I just wish I was there to watch the show.” She added with a sigh.

     “I’m sure Michelle will be getting some of it on film for us to look at.” Samantha said with a grin as she set to work making a pot of tea while they waited for Sara and Sheana to get finished at the school and return.

    Sandy was a little shocked at just how calm Hypatia and Samantha were being about her two sisters first mission wearing their new armour/disguise. It did give her some hope that they would return in one piece though watching Samantha make the tea while Hypatia sat at the kitchen table watching her work.

    Hypatia had formed a loose link with Sara so she could watch things unfold, and also offer some help if it was needed.

*****

    Karl had sent the second team to retrieve the experimental recording device while he used a device that measured magic to track down the source of the attack and where it started. He was in the hallway where Sheana had sneezed and was just making his way up towards the point where it had happened when he stopped and looked behind him after hearing the sound of heels clicking on the hard tiled floor. Karl thought he was seeing things as he watched two women walking up the hallway towards him.

    One was dressed all in red and had flaming red hair and sunglasses on, while the other one was dressed all in black and had black hair, and had her face partly covered with a black mask. “I’m going to need to see your hall passes boys.” The woman in red asked in a sexy sounding voice as she smiled at Karl.

     “I don’t know what you’re doing in the school dressed like that miss, but I’m going to have to ask you and your friend to leave the school grounds this instant.” Karl tried to explain as he took in the two very sexy looking women still walking towards him.

     “I don’t think they have hall passes Black Witch.” Sara said with a sigh.

     “I think you could be right Slayer.” Sheana said with a pout. “What shall we do with them then?” Sheana asked.

     “I think detention might be in order.” Sara said with a grin as they got closer to where Karl was stood holding his device still.

    Karl was suddenly feeling very nervous now he knew that the one dressed in red was the slayer and her black suited friend was the witch that had helped her the other night. Karl had turned the device toward the woman dressed in black, so he could get a reading on just how much power she really had. He soon got his answer, but not in the way he wanted when the device started beeping really fast just before it blew up in his hand making him drop it.

     “Look Slayer, we don’t want any trouble.” Karl said as he pushed a panic button he had hidden in his jacket.

     “Do you really mean that?” Sara asked as she reached out with her mind and forced Karl to answer truthfully.

     “No, we have orders to take you both in if we can.” Karl suddenly blurted out before he had a chance to stop himself. “I’ve just called for backup, so we can subdue the two of you.” He added just before he slapped his hand over his mouth trying to stop himself saying anymore.

    Sara smiled a smug smile as Sheana tried not to laugh at the worried look this man now had on his face as he realised the slayer could do far more than any of them first realised. Sara was just about to speak when the doors at each end of the hallway burst open and more men appeared, all with some form of gun in their hands ready to fire on the two girls. Sara noticed that a couple of the men were hanging back and they had a black box that looked to be heavy and around two feet squared.

     “The two men stood behind the three with guns right in front of us have the device Michelle warned Sandy about. I need you to blink to it and then get it back to the mansion for me sis.” Sara thought to Sheana.

     “You want me to just leave you here on your own?” Sheana thought back with panic in her voice.

     “Seeing you vanish will confuse them, and you’ll be back before they have time to react.” Sara pointed out. “Getting that device away from them and safely back to Samantha is the top priority here remember.” Sara added.

     “I’ll be as quick as I can sis.” Sheana thought to Sara just before she blinked over to where the two men were stood protected from the Slayer and her witch friend, or so they thought.

    Karl and his men all let out a gasp when they saw the woman dressed in black suddenly vanish from sight. They were all soon turning to look in the direction of the two soldiers charged with protecting the recording device when they heard them start shouting. They all looked just in time to see the woman dressed in black vanish again, but with the recording device this time.

     “I’m really grateful for what you did to save my men the other night Slayer, but I’m going to need you to return that black box to me right now.” Karl said as he pulled his side arm from a secret pocket in his suit and pointed it right at Sara’s face.

     “I wasn’t saving your men; I was simply stopping a war being started.” Sara said as she made her hair form the helmet. “As for you getting the little black box back, never going to happen honey.” Sara smiled, not that Karl or any of his men could see it now Sara had the helmet covering her face and head.

    While Sara spoke with Karl, she had reached out with her mind so she could keep an eye on all his men and what they were planning to do. Sara could sense one of his men was eager to prove he could take her down, and he was stood right behind her, ready to fire his taser.

    Adams thought he had the perfect shot being stood in the Slayers blind spot right behind her, so without orders to do so he pulled the trigger expecting to see the two steel prongs dig into the slayers back. His look soon turned to one of horror when he saw them dig into Karl’s chest instead.

    Sara had used the distraction of her helmet forming to slip her left hand onto her belt so she could blink herself out the way the minute the man fired his stun gun. Sara had blinked herself to just behind the man that had fired at her, so she had a good view of the thing knocking their leader on his back.

     “Now that wasn’t a very nice thing to do was it?” Sara pouted, not that anyone could see her pout, but they could hear it in her sexy sounding voice.

    Adams spun round and went to hit Sara with the butt of his stun gun, but Sara was ready for this and caught his wrist. Sara then squeezed it until he let out a yelp of pain before letting the taser drop to the floor. Sensing that the man to her right was about to use his stun gun on her, Sara spun around to block his shot using Adams as a shield. The man fired anyway thinking that the charge would still take out the slayer long enough for them to get an electro net over her. Sadly all he did was make Adams squeal like a little girl and wet his pants.

     “If you boys aren’t going to play nice, then I’ll just have to teach you all a lesson in manners.” Sara said just before she picked up the stunned Adams who she’d been holding up by the wrist, and she threw him at the man who’d just fired his taser into him. The man found himself pinned down with a groaning Adams lying on top of him.

    The third man from this part of the team was confused as to what he should do. He’d already seen two of his team mates try to taser the slayer and fail. As Sara read his mind she had to smile when she heard him having an argument with himself about whether it would look wrong for him to just run away.

    Sara had to make his mind up for him when she sensed their leader was going to take a shot at her now he’d come around enough to pick up his gun again. The problem was Karl wasn’t seeing just one Slayer, he was seeing four. Sara could see that he was going to end up shooting one of his own men, so she had to quickly put herself between his man and the bullet.

    Karl’s body armour had taken most of the blast from the stun gun, but the shock had still knocked him off his feet. Letting his anger get the better of him, he pulled the trigger on his pistol and felt the recoil as a shot rang out. Karl’s vision had returned enough for him to see at the last second he was going to hit one of his own men, but then he saw a red blur as the slayer got between his man and the bullet.

    Sara felt the bullet impact her back and it forced her to take a couple of steps forward, but it never hurt her, or damaged her in anyway. Sara spun around on Karl and snatched the gun from his hand before she gripped it in both hands and then ripped it to bits like it was made from plastic like some kids toy.

     “Are you insane?” Sara screamed at him as she picked him up off the floor and held him up in the air like a rag doll. “You nearly shot one of your own men you jerk.” Sara added as she remembered her mum wouldn’t be happy if she found out her daughter was swearing.

     “I was aiming for you, you Bitch!” Karl spat out as he tried to make Sara let go of him as he hung in mid air. “It was only a tranq bullet.” Karl added as he tried to make the slayer let go of him again.

    Not taking too kindly to being called a bitch, and also due to the other half of his team getting ready to fire on her, Sara decided it would teach this rude man a lesson if she threw him at his team. It would also give her time to spin around and grab the other man she’d just saved from being shot, so she could throw him at the other part of his team that she knew she couldn’t get with the their leader.

    Karl found himself flying backwards through the air just before he hit something soft. Well actually it was two something’s as he collided with two of his men, sending all three of them crashing to the ground in a heap. Karl looked up just in time to see the third man in this part of his team get hit by the man he’d nearly shot with his tranq gun. Even though they looked like normal guns and normal bullets, all the weapons his team carried were so they could capture their targets. Sara had no idea this was the case, so she’d thought the man was going to shoot and kill his own men.

Sara was glad when she saw Sheana appear next to her ready for battle, not that Sara had left her much to do. Sheana still cast a spell to stop any of the men from moving though when she saw the fun Sara had been having while she was gone.

     “You couldn’t wait a couple more minutes could you?” Sheana thought with a pout, but not really upset with her sister.

     “Sorry, but they all got a little trigger happy when you took their black box away.” Sara thought back. “I trust Hypatia has it now?” Sara asked, but already knowing the answer.

     “Yes. Samantha looked quite excited to have something new to play with.” Sheana thought with a giggle.

     “Good. Can you keep them all pinned down while I ask this one some more questions?” Sara said out loud as she pointed at Karl, who was still pinned to the floor on top of two of his men.

     “I can do better than that Slayer.” Sheana said with a grin as she picked Karl up off the floor and pinned him to the wall while moving all his other team members to the other side of the hallway and pinning them to the side where all the lockers were lined up, or what was left of the lockers. Most the locker doors were on the floor or hanging off. Sheana felt quite bad looking at all the damage she’d caused.

    Karl was shocked to see just how easily the black witch could use magic, but he soon had other things to worry about when he found himself looking the Slayer in the eyes, or sunglasses as it was.

    Sara had converted her helmet back to her hair so she could let this man see her facial expressions as she spoke to him. “I have some more questions for you, Karl is it?” Sara asked as she probed his mind for his name.

    Karl wanted to tell her to go screw herself, but said, “Yes my name is Karl.” He still found it strange that this woman could make him tell the truth, He’d been trained to resist the compulsion of a vampire with a little help from a drug the science geeks had come up with, but none of it seemed to be working against this slayer.

     “Okay then Karl, I need you to fill in some of the blanks.” Sara smiled as she looked at the man Sheana had pinned against the wall. “Why are you so eager to capture me and my friend here?” Sara asked.

    Karl tried with all his might to not give an answer, but he just couldn’t stop himself. “The Commander wants to find out how you can do what you do, so he can then make us just as strong.” Karl growled as he realised this woman could find out anything she wanted to. “Get out of my head you bitch!”

     “Now now Karl, I really don’t like being called that.” Sara warned as she lightly slapped the side of his face. “You don’t really know me now do you?” Sara asked with a pout.

     “I’d like to get to know you better Slayer, so why don’t you get your little witch friend to let me down, and I’ll dance with you.” Karl grinned, hoping that he could find out just how good a fighter this woman really was. He also hoped that she couldn’t use her mind thing while she was fighting.

    Sara had read all this in his mind, and was more than happy to play along with his pointless little game. “Let him down Black.” Sara smiled at Sheana. “I want to see how well he dances.”

    Karl was suddenly free as he found himself falling to the ground in a heap. “Sorry, should have warned you first.” Sheana said, but Karl didn’t believe she really was sorry for a second. “I fail to see what dancing with this man will prove? And you also seem to be missing any music to dance to either.” Sheana thought to her sister, not understanding what Karl meant when he talked about dancing.

     “He doesn’t mean that sort of dancing. He wants to see how well I can fight.” Sara thought back to Sheana as she got ready to entertain him with a show.

    Hypatia had warned Sara never to show off and only fight defensively unless she had no other choice left open to her, so Sara was ready to defend and only let Karl see what was needed to keep him guessing as to her true power level.

    Sara found it easy to read Karl’s mind while defending herself as they danced around. Karl was a good fighter, but not in the same league as Hypatia, so Sara let Karl think he had the upper hand more than once as she picked at his memories trying to find out more details of where their base of operations was.

    Once Sara had got as much information as she thought Karl had to offer, she linked with Sheana again. “I’ve got what I need from him, so you can restrain him like the others.” Sara thought to her sister.

    Karl thought the reason for the witch restraining him was because the Slayer was getting tired. A fact that Sara was only too happy to leave him thinking. In truth Sara didn’t even feel like she’d had a workout at all.

     “What do we do with them now Slayer?” Sheana asked as she still had them all pinned up against the wall and lockers in the hallway.

     “I think the least we can do is return them to the Commander, and say hello while we’re there.” Sara grinned as she gave Sheana the image of the MIB’s command centre and the large warehouse they kept all the different vehicles in. “Can you blink us all there sis?” Sara thought to Sheana, not sure she could move that many of them at the same time.

    Sheana just smiled and then closed her eyes as the crystals on her armour started to glow, then all of a sudden in a flash of light they had all moved to a large warehouse with people wandering around sorting out vehicles and guns.

    Alarms suddenly started going off and there were solders running around trying to get covered positions on the sudden intruders. Sheana formed Karl and his team into a human shield around herself and Sara to give them a little more time to assess the numbers they were facing before any of them took a shot at either of them.

     “Hold your fire! Hold your fire!” Karl shouted when he saw them all getting ready to fire. Karl didn’t fancy getting shot with another stun gun. His teeth were still chattery from the first one Adams shot him with.

     “I’m not looking for any more trouble; I just want to talk with your Commander!” Sara shouted to anyone willing to listen to her.

     “You’ve sure got a funny way of not looking for it Slayer.” A voice with a lot of authority said from behind a group of men on the far side of the warehouse.

     “Your man here told me what you have planned if you manage to catch me and my friend here, so I was hoping to talk some sense into you before someone got hurt.” Sara said as she pushed Karl towards an older man that reminded Sara a little of Tommy Lee Jones.

     “You both look a little different to the other night when you helped with the Krennan demons.” The Commander said as he looked at the Slayer dressed all in red, and who he knew to be the Witch dressed all in black now.

     “Yes, sorry about that, but you caught us on wash night, so we had to compromise. Best we could do on such short notice.” Sara lied. She didn’t want the MIB’s thinking the disguise was new.

     “Why don’t we sit down and talk about how we can help each other?” The Commander said as he stepped out in the open as a sign of trust.

    Sara probed his mind and found out he was just doing this so Sara and Sheana would release his men, then he’d given orders for a hidden team to fire darts and stun guns at the two of them. Sara linked with Sheana to warn her of the coming attack. “They plan to attack us the minute we release his men, so get ready to blink away from here.” Sara thought to her sister.

     “These boys and their toys could hit you and me with everything they have and it still wouldn’t stop us sis.” Sheana thought back.

     “I know that, but I don’t want to let them see that, or they will only start looking at ways in which they can hurt us both.” Sara pointed out.

     “I do have another idea we could try.” Sheana thought with a smile in her voice. “Let his men go, but don’t blink away when the trouble starts. I’ll handle this one for us.” Sheana added as she released her hold on the Commanders men so they could go and join Karl who was now stood at the Commander’s side looking a little upset with his failed mission to the school.

     “I want to thank you for returning my men, but there’s still the matter of the equipment you stole from us back at the school.” The Commander said as he tried to distract Sara and Sheana a little longer while his men got in position to spring the trap he’d set up for them both.

     “I’m sorry but you won’t be getting that back, and I also think its wrong for a bunch of grown men to be spying on children.” Sara said trying to get a rise out the Commander. It worked because Sara felt a spark of anger from him when she implied him and his men could be paedophiles.

    Not wanting to listen to anything else the Slayer had to say, The Commander signalled for his men to spring the trap he’d set up just before coming out to talk to the Slayer and her Witch.

     “Get ready sis, here it comes.” Sara thought to Sheana so she was ready for the attack.

    Sheana was ready when a group of men dropped from the ceiling on ropes while another group appeared from behind some crates ready to fire darts at them both. All the men went from doing their macho battle cry to being silent as they all looked confused at the weapons they now carried. Sara was trying not to giggle as she saw that Sheana had turned all their guns into water pistols.

    The Commander finally lost his cool and reached for his side arm so he could shoot the Slayer himself and put an end to this, but even he looked confused when he realised that even his side arm had been turned into a water pistol.

     “You won’t find a single weapon left in the whole base that shoots anything other than water.” Sheana said in her husky new sounding voice, thanks to the device Samantha had given her to use.

     “This is the one and only friendly warning for you and your men to back off.” Sara warned. “The next time your men try to attack me or one of the people I protect, I won’t be so nice about it.” Sara added with anger in her voice.

    Sara had no plans to hurt any of the Commander’s men more than she already had, but she thought the threat might work. She read the Commander’s mind as she warned him though and realised that he was a very stubborn man and this intrusion had just made him even more determined to track her and Sheana down. Sara had remained linked to Sheana while everything had happened, so she also knew the Commander wasn’t going to stop looking for them.

     “I could destroy their base sis?” Sheana thought to Sara.

     “No, that would just make things even worse sis.” Sara thought back with a sigh. “We just need to slow them down long enough to get the cafe up and running so we can keep a better eye on them and what they’re up to.” Sara added as she tried to think of some way to keep them busy.

     “I know just the thing sis!” Sheana thought very loudly as she formed an image of what she had in mind.

     “I like the way you think sis.” Sara thought back with a giggle when she saw what Sheana had in mind for them.

    The Commander looked a little worried when he saw the Slayer start to smile at him “If you’ve nothing more to say Slayer, then I will ask you to leave now.” The Commander said trying to look brave in front of his men. “I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again very soon.” He added as he thought about all the different ways he was going to extract what he wanted to know from this she-devil stood before him.

     “You can count on it Commander.” Sara smiled some more. “And I must say Commander, you have a dirty mind, but I’m no she-devil.” Sara added just before she and Sheana vanished again.

     “That bitch can read minds as well?” The Commander barked out as he turned to look at Karl.

     “She can do far more than that sir. She compelled me to tell the truth, and I couldn’t do a thing to stop her.” Karl said looking just as worried as the Commander did.

     “We’ll worry about that later, but for now I want you back at the school trying to find out why she wanted to stop you looking there.” The Commander ordered as he had a feeling there was something they’d missed while at the school.

     “Yes Sir!” Karl said as he waved for his team to follow him as he ran over to a silver van. His men followed him and Adams got behind the wheel.

     “What the fu...” Was all he said as he looked down and saw a set of bicycle peddles and a chain where the accelerator and break peddles use to be.

     “What’s the problem Adams?” Karl asked, not happy with what had happened with the slayer, he didn’t have time to fool around.

     “Someone picked a bad time to play a joke on us sir.” Adams pointed out as he looked down at the floor as he pointed to where the bicycle peddles now sat waiting to be used.

    Karl looked down and then let out a growl as he saw what Adams meant. “We’ll sort it out later, let’s just grab another van for now and get back to the school.” He said as he got out the van and walked over to another one. They soon realised that it wasn’t the mechanics having a laugh when they found out that all the vehicles had been changed to peddle power. Not one vehicle in or just outside the compound had an engine any more. A couple of the men tried to use the new peddle power vehicles, but they found out they could walk faster than the vans would go.

     “Take a taxi and get back to the school and see if the two vans you took there are still okay.” The Commander said to Karl with anger written all over his face.

    The Commander had no sooner finished speaking than a blue flash of light signalled the return of the two vans he’d just been speaking about. The vans appeared about ten feet above the ground and then fell to earth with a crash as the wheels gave way and the main body of each van hit the hard concrete floor, buckling the body of each van beyond use.

     “I’m really beginning to hate that Slayer, and her little Witch.” The commander snapped as he just turned around and stormed off back to his office to have a temper tantrum in private.

    Karl watched the Commander walk away, and then he turned to his men who were all stood around looking up to see if any other object might appear. “Let’s get to work cleaning this place up, and get on to sorting out all the vehicles, and getting us mobile again. Karl knew it would be a couple of days, if not a couple of weeks before they were back up and running again. He didn’t relish the thought of the Commander explaining to the higher ups about the loss of all their engines, never mind how a Witch was able to change all the weapons for water pistols.


*****

    Sara and Sheana had returned to the school so Sheana could use some magic to fix the lockers she’d damaged earlier in the day. The MIB’s had cleared the school out before they started their search, so the two girls weren’t worried about being seen by anyone, and they already knew the camera system was down. They both remained in their disguises though just in case. Sara had kept the link with the Commander open to see what he was planning to do once he found out that all their vehicles were now environmentally friendly. So she knew right away when he had the idea to send Karl and his team back to the school for the two vans parked outside.

     “The Commander’s sending Karl and his team back for the two vans here at the school. Do you feel like saving them the taxi fare Witch?” Sara asked with a giggle.

     “I’d be more than happy to help them out Slayer.” Sheana giggled as she chanted some words and a blue glow formed around her gloved hands.

    Sara linked with Sheana’s mind and then they both watched through the Commanders eyes as the two vans appeared ten feet above the ground. Sheana held the vans there long enough to make sure no one would get hurt, before she let them fall to the ground. Sheana added a little force, so she could be sure the vans were damaged beyond use.

     “That should keep them out the way for a couple of days.” Sara said as she broke the link so they could fix the school and then get back to Hypatia’s. They were going to grab Michelle and Jo on the way back, so Michelle could help Samantha look at the device they stole off the MIB’s.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thankyou Sara

wow what another great chapter , Sara and Sheana really had a great time making monkeys out of the MIB's i couldn't stop laughing at their antics , please please don't let it stop i'm looking forwards to more from them

The more pompus they are

The harder they fall! He-he!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Great chapter Sara, loved

Great chapter Sara, loved seeing the MIB's finding themselves completely unable to do anything, the Commander is a stubborn idiot.

Looking forward to reading whats next, thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Well clearly these MIBs are just annoyances

Once the gang has them sorted is when some really challenges will pop up imho.

It is nice to keep them around though so they can come around to cleanup after some supernatural dust up I think.

It sounds like the girls had some fun though.

Kim

To Make A Wish (New Chapter) Chapter 13

Why bother with trying to capture them? Karl knows it is not gonna happen

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

For One Thing....

...even if the chance of catching them is remote, the payoff's so great that the MIB consider it worth the risk. People do play the lottery, after all. And the girls have shown on this and other occasions that they'd rather embarrass their human enemies than kill them, so they probably feel that neither side is risking death.

But it does appear to me that the girls seem to have a plan to goad the MIB -- or at least the commander, who (unknown to them) seemed ready to be realistic about things back when the Slayer and Witch saved his men from the demons -- into useless activity.

I've thought of at least five plausible reasons why they'd do that, four of them serious and one just because it's fun. (These are 14-year old kids, after all. And there's no question that we'd rather read about this sort of thing than more weekly sparring with Hypatia while waiting for the United Nonhuman Forces of Evil to show up.)

Eric

I can't actually take the MIB

I can't actually take the MIB serious. They don't act like a secret service and more like the stupid SS-squad in a bad Nazi-movie. If you have no chance you retreat and think of ways to get a chance. They totally lack intel and still try to snatch them. If I was the commander I would just fire those show off types. They could have used it as an opportunity to gather intel on the slayer and the "black" witch, but instead they shot each other with their stun guns.

Seriouly I start to wonder if that is intentional to make them underestimate the MIB guys - but apparently it is not.

It was fun to see two teenagers humiliate the MIB, but I guess it won't stay that way.

SaraUK, thank you for writing this captivating story

Beyogi