To Make A Wish Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Fourteen

    Michelle and Jo were in Mike/Michelle’s bedroom trying to find out how the girls were doing at the school when they saw them appear in the room. Jo and Michelle had both seen Sara in her slayer armour on Saturday, but neither had yet seen Sheana in hers though.

     “Sheana? Is that really you” Michelle asked as she took in the sight of the woman dressed in a black cat suit and corset, decorated with small glowing blue crystals.

     “Yep it’s me.” Sheana giggled in her more adult voice. “What do you think to it?” Sheana asked as she did a quick spin to let Michelle get a proper look at her.

     “Your voice! Wow, Samantha really knows her stuff.” Was all Michelle could think to say as she sat at her computer desk looking at the two girls or women as they looked at the minute.

     “How did it go at the school with the men in black?” Jo asked. “We tried to find some video feeds to watch, but it looks like your little sneezing fit took them all out.” Jo added as he stepped over and wrapped his arms around Sara’s waist.

     “Let’s just say they have more to worry about right now than getting the cameras working at the school.” Sara said with a grin. “We came to collect you, so we can explain what happened to you all at the same time back at Hypatia’s.

    Jo and Michelle were soon getting their bits sorted out so they could go with Sara and Sheana. While they were getting ready, Sara and Sheana reverted back to their normal look, not feeling the need to remain in their disguises any longer.

    Once Jo and Michelle were ready to leave, they all linked hands and then Sheana blinked them back to Hypatia’s. Sara had to catch Sheana when they arrived in the hallway because it looked like she was about to pass out.

     “Sis! What’s wrong?” Sara asked looking worried as she lifted Sheana up in her arms.

     “I just came over all dizzy.” Sheana moaned as the room kept spinning.

     “Bring the child back to the room with the heeling bed in it Sara.” Hypatia said from just behind them. “Sheana is still getting over the cold she caught.” Hypatia added as she led them back to the bedroom with the bed in the middle of it.

     “I don’t understand Hypatia. She was fine while we were sorting out the men in black.” Sara said as she carried her sister up to the room.

     “The crystals in her armour boosted her power, but the minute she changed back and then transported you all here, she left herself weak.” Hypatia explained as she pulled the covers back and let Sara place Sheana back in the bed. “She’ll be fine after a couple of hours sleep.” Hypatia added as she touched her hand to Sheana’s forehead and put her to sleep again with the same red glow she used last time.

     “Do you mind if I sit with her while she sleeps?” Michelle asked looking worriedly at Sheana’s sleeping form now tucked up in the bed with the glowing blue bedposts.

     “Young Sheana brought back a device belonging to your men in black. I’m sure Samantha could use some help looking it over Michelle. Sheana will be a sleep for the next couple of hours anyway.” Hypatia said as she led them from the room so Sheana could rest.

     “Was it the portable recording device I called about?” Michelle asked all excited.

     “Yes it is, and I was hoping you caught some of the action on film.” Hypatia said to Michelle and Jo as they all walked down to Samantha’s workshop.

     “Like I said to Sara and Sheana when they came to pick us up, Sheana’s sneeze did a real number on their whole system.” Michelle explained. “All I could get were internal emails and a little audio.” Michelle added with a sigh.

     “You saw what happened anyway Hypatia.” Sara smirked. “I could feel you watching from the back of my mind.” Sara added as she tapped a finger to her head. “How do you think we did for our first proper mission?” Sara asked.

     “I thought you both did very well, but destroying their weapons and vehicles could have been going a little too far Sara.” Hypatia said with a disappointing sigh.

     “You must have read this Commander’s mind and seen what he planned to do to the two of us?” Sara asked looking a little shocked at what Hypatia had just said to her.

     “Yes I read his mind at the same time you did Sara, but the Commander and his men do a lot of good when it comes to keeping the vampires under control.” Hypatia tried to explain to an angry looking Sara. “What you did to stop them has now made more work for you and Sheana, because it now means the two of you will have to go out on patrol until they are back up and running.” Hypatia added.

     “I never thought of that.” Sara said as she realised that the men in black probably were doing a lot of good before her and Sheana showed up. “I guess it was a little selfish of me to just worry about them coming after the two of us.” Sara added with her head hung low in shame.

     “Don’t worry too much Sara. You needed to send a clear message to the Commander, that said you weren’t to be messed with, and you definitely did that my sweet child.” Hypatia giggled as she pulled Sara closer to her for a hug as they kept walking. “He’ll be back up and running in a couple of days, but he will stand down for a bit on coming after the two of you, now he’s seen some of what you can do.” Hypatia added with pride.

     “I dialled back my fighting style so as not to give too much away, and I made sure to not let any of the stun gun or darts hit me, other than the one I thought was a bullet heading for one of Karl’s own men.” Sara pointed out her one mistake.

     “You weren’t to know that the gun was only a dart gun Sara. It looked real enough to me as well, so I’d have done the same thing in your shoes.” Hypatia owned up.

     “You got shot at?” Jo asked with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open in shock.

     “Yes, but it was only a tranq gun.” Sara said as she tried to calm Jo back down again.

     “Yes, but you didn’t know that when you stepped between it and one of the men in black.” Jo pointed out looking even more shocked now.

     “No I didn’t, but I did know that the bullet couldn’t hurt me.” Sara said sounding more positive. “Between the dragon skin and the protection spell Sheana cooked up for me, I knew I’d be safe enough if it was a real bullet.” Sara smiled.

    They had finally got down to Samantha’s lab as they spoke. They all felt something strange as they entered the underground workshop.

     “What was that?” Sara asked for them all as she shuddered from the strange feeling of walking through an invisible wall of water.

     “We just walked through a transphasic shield. Samantha was getting a faint reading from the device, so she put up a shield to block any and all signals coming from it until she can locate and disarm it.” Hypatia explained as she walked across the room to where Samantha and Sandy were stood with the black box Sara and Sheana had stolen from the men in black.

    Michelle was soon working alongside Samantha as they worked on disarming the tracking signal, so they could start and look at the actual device. Sandy was glad to see Sara back in one piece, and even happier to let Michelle take her place at Samantha’s side.

     “You’re not hurt are you baby sister?” Sandy asked as she ran over and gave Sara a hug. “Hypatia said you were doing really well against them, but I was still worried about you.” Sandy added as she kept hugging her sister.

    Sara sat down with Sandy, Jo and Hypatia so Sara could tell them everything that happened on her mission. Michelle and Samantha listened to most of what Sara had to say, but they were both busy working on the device and pointing out where the MIB geeks could have used something better. Sandy and Jo laughed when Sara told them about Sheana turning all their guns into water pistols. Sara thought they were going to wet themselves when she explained about the vehicles, and then how Sheana had returned the two vans from the school.

     “I bet there’s a few bruised ego’s back at their base right now.” Sandy giggled. “But I’m glad you made it out in one piece baby sister.” Sandy added with a grin as she pulled Sara into another hug with her.

     “Trouble is sis; I did a little too well.” Sara pointed out. “Hypatia says I have to pick up the slack and keep the town safe from vampires until the MIB’s get themselves back in the game.” Sara added with a weak smile.

     “With great power comes great responsibility.” Sandy said trying to look wise as she said it with a straight face.

     “Okay Uncle Ben.” Sara replied sarcastically when she realised that Sandy was just quoting a line from the Spiderman movies with Toby Maguire in it.

     “Okay I got it from a movie, but it’s still a very good saying.” Sandy pointed out when she realised that Sara had seen the movie she stole the saying from. Sandy was glad when she heard Samantha and Michelle make a sound that told them all, they had made a break through.

    Samantha and Michelle were soon bringing up footage of the school. Michelle typed in the time and camera in the hallway where Sheana had sneezed and they all found themselves watching Sheana sneeze and then the thing with the lockers.

     “It’s a good job you grabbed this device Sara or they would know who you and Sheana are by now.” Michelle said looking worried for Sara and Sheana’s safety.

     “How can you be sure that all the other footage was destroyed in the blast?” Sandy said just before she started giggling.

     “What’s so funny about all this sis?” Sara asked looking a little angry with Sandy for giggling.

     “I’m sorry, but it just sounds funny referring to one of Sheana’s sneezes as a blast.” Sandy giggled some more, which soon had the others giggling as they thought the same thing.

     “Well to answer your question sis. I read the Commanders mind and he was pinning all his hopes on this device being intact when they retrieved it, so I can only assume that all other footage has been lost.” Sara said as she pointed at the device Samantha and Michelle were working on.

     “I also sensed that he was hoping this device would be intact.” Hypatia said as she stood at Samantha’s side looking at the recordings from the school.

     “This thing has incredible storage capacity.” Michelle said as she looked at how far back the recording went. “It’s got every bit of footage from the time they first turned on the camera system at the school.” Michelle pointed out.

    Everyone looked at Samantha when she started to giggle as she had an evil look on her face. “This could be poetic justice for them.” Samantha said to a puzzled looking group stood around her. “We can use this at the cafe to help us spy on them.” Samantha added when she saw none of them were following what she was getting at.

     “That sounds like a great idea, but how do you know the men in black won’t be able to track down where it is if we’re using it?” Jo asked.

     “We’ve already disabled and removed the tracking device and wireless uplink.” Michelle said as she pointed at a pile of computer parts on a bench.

    Hypatia stepped over to the bench and picked up all the parts just before they burst into flames and burnt so hot that not even ash was left behind. “Now we know they can’t trace it.” Hypatia smiled as she clapped her hands together like she was removing dust from her hands.

    They spent the next couple of hours looking through the footage and working out where the blind spots were in the camera system, then Sara, Jo and Michelle went back up to the room where Sheana was sleeping, so they could see if she was feeling any better.

    Sheana was sat up in bed drawing the power back into her body from the bedposts when they got up to the room. Michelle started grinning as she ran over to the bed and stood at the side of it waiting for Sheana to finish before she threw herself on the bed, knocking Sheana back down as Michelle kissed her on the lips.

     “Are you feeling better again now?” A worried looking Michelle asked after they stopped kissing.

     “Yes, much better.” Sheana grinned as she looked up into Michelle’s worried eyes. “I’m sorry if I worried you, I don’t know what came over me.” Sheana added just before she kissed Michelle again.

    Sara waited for Sheana and Michelle to finish kissing before she explained what Hypatia had told them. Sheana understood and agreed that it was foolish to try blinking all four of them back to the mansion just after getting over her first ever cold, and using all the magic she had against the men in black.

    Hypatia thought it best that Sandy drive them all home, rather than Sheana try blinking them. So after saying goodbye to Samantha and Hypatia, they all got in Sandy’s car and headed for home. Hypatia had sat down with Sara and Sheana with a map and showed the two girls where the largest trouble spots were for Vamps to hang out. Hypatia had explained that most vamps didn’t feed on humans, but they did like to cause trouble by compelling them to do things and get in trouble for it.

     “Ask Prue to go out on patrol with you until you get the hang of it.” Hypatia had said just before they left.

    Sandy dropped Jo off and then drove straight to their house. Michelle’s parents would be away for another couple of days and Sandy wasn’t going to drop Michelle off at an empty house. Sandy was soon parking up outside their house and the girls all got out and piled into the house so they could help with dinner while telling Prue what they did to the men in black.

*****

    Jenna had clapped and giggled all through dinner as Sara and Sheana told her, Prue and their mum about the trouble at the school and how they had fixed it all. Karen wasn’t happy to hear some of it, but she was glad that her two daughters had managed to get it all sorted out. Karen also wasn’t happy to find out that Sara and Sheana were going out on patrol as Hypatia had put it.

     “I’d rather you didn’t go out tonight. I like it better if Sheana had a nights rest before she tries using magic again.” Karen pointed out her concerns.

     “I could just go out with Prue if you want mum?” Sara said.

     “I’ll be fine mum, and I promise to only use my magic as a last resort.” Sheana begged, not wanting to be stuck at home while Sara and Prue put themselves in danger.

     “What I want is for neither of you to go out, but I’d hate myself in the morning if someone got hurt and you could have stopped it.” Karen sighed. “Just be careful, and no magic unless you really have to.” Karen added as she pointed at Sheana with a frown.

    Once dinner was out the way and the dishes were done. Sara and Sheana morphed into their disguises and then waited for Prue to put her disguise on from the other night before Sheana blinked them to the first trouble spot Hypatia had warned them to check out, but not before blinking Michelle home and giving her a goodnight kiss while Sara and Prue waited in another room.

    Most vamps had got wise to the vans that the MIB’s drove around in, so they knew when to hide, but as of yet none of them had met the slayer, so Sara and the others soon came across a group of four Vampire teens, or they looked to be in their late teens, age wise, but for all Sara knew they could be close to a hundred years old.

     “Lookie at what we have here boys.” The one that looked to be in charge said when he saw Sara, Sheana and Prue walking towards them all dressed for action. “Off to a fancy dress party ladies?” He asked as he blocked their path.

     “No we’re out hunting for vampires.” Sara said.

     “Fancy yourself as a bit of a slayer then do you darling?” The man asked with a chuckle as he looked at his three friends who had also started laughing, thinking it was all a big joke.

    Sara’s hand whipped out and gripped the vampire by the throat as she lifted him off the ground before throwing him back into his three friends and leaving them all in a pile on the floor.

     “No I fancy myself as a lot of a slayer.” Sara said just before she caught the wooden stake Prue chucked to her and she pounced on the vampire she’d just thrown.

     “You’ll get off me now bitch.” The vampire said as he tried to compel Sara.

     “Why would I want to do that?” Sara smiled an evil smile. “I want you to answer me some questions and if I get the right answers then I’ll let you go on your way, but if I don’t like what I hear then... Well you get the point.” Sara giggled as she tapped the point of the wooden stake against the vampire’s chest.

     “Okay okay! Ask your question!” The vampire said looking worried when he realised that he couldn’t compel this woman, and she was much stronger than he was.

     “Have you ever killed or fed from a human?” Sara asked, but she could already sense he had by the feeling she was getting from him. It was the same feeling she’d had the day she first met Jenna and Prue, and the vampire had come to attack Jenna.

    The vampire went to lie, but found that he couldn’t, so he blurted out the truth. “Yes I’ve killed lots of humans and fed off their blood.”

     “That’s all I needed to know.” Sara said just before she pushed the stake through the vampire’s heart. Sara stood back up just in time to see his body burst into flames and it burnt away until there was only a pile of ash in the faint shape of a human left.

    The three remaining vampire’s tried to run, but were soon pinned on the ground by Sheana using her magic. Sara frowned at her, but decided to get this over with so she could let Sheana stop. Sara asked the other three the same question and found out that they had all killed humans, so she staked them all.

     “I thought you promised mum you wouldn’t use your magic?” Sara said after staking the last of them.

     “True, but I thought it would be easier to hold them in place, rather than chase them all over town trying to kill them.” Sheana said with a shrug. “And it was only a little magic spell I used.” She added as she held her thumb and finger close together to indicate a small amount.

     “Just don’t overdo it okay?” Sara warned her sister. “We better see about getting to the next place Hypatia told us about.” Sara added.

    Sheana got ready to blink them to the next place on the map. This was the one exception Karen had made to Sheana using her magic. Karen didn’t want the whole town to find out about a red leather clad woman and a black leather clad woman roaming the town protecting them all from vampires and other demons if they could at all help it.

    They only found one other group of vampires where Hypatia had told them to look, but they turned out to be clean of human blood, so Sara let them go on their way.

     “It feels wrong just letting a couple of vampires walk away Prue.” Sara said after the two vampires, a male and female had run off into the night.

     “I hope you don’t want to stake me every time you look at me?” Prue pouted.

     “No, but I know you. I don’t know them two.” Sara said as she pointed off into the night where the two vampire’s had just gone.

     “Have a little more faith in you new abilities slayer.” Prue smiled as she used Sara’s street name. “And leaving some vamps alive will help to spread the word that you’re keeping the humans safe.” Prue added as she stepped up and wrapped an arm around Sara while kissing her on the cheek.

     “Should you be doing that sort of thing in the middle of the street?” Sara blushed. “A vampire making out with a slayer.” Sara joked to hide her embarrassment.

     “I’ve already got a name for myself when it comes to killing evil vampires, so it will only add to it when they start talking about me teaming up with a slayer and a witch.” Prue pointed out. “Come on, I know a couple of places Hypatia doesn’t know about, or she just never bothered putting them on the map for you.” Prue added as she let Sara probe her mind so she could give Sheana an image of where they needed to go.

    Sheana blinked them to an old pub on the edge of town, where Prue started to make her way into the place once she’d removed the balaclava she’d been wearing while they hunted, but stopped when Sara grabbed her arm and pulled her off to one side.

     “Sheana and I aren’t old enough to go in there Prue.” Sara thought to Prue, not wanting to risk being overheard by any of the un-dead that could be within ear shot, which would be a lot if this was a place where vampires hung out.

     “Don’t worry about it, the slayer is supposed to be older than you remember?” Prue thought back. “And you both look older than twenty one, not fourteen.” Prue added with a smug edge to her voice as she smirked at Sara.

     “Okay, good point.” Sara thought with a growl. “But whatever you do, don’t let mum find out about this.” Sara added with worry in her voice.

     “Your secret is safe with me Slayer.” Prue said out loud as she led them into the pub. Half the people in the pub stopped what they were doing and looked over towards the door where they had just entered, while the other half carried on like they hadn’t heard what Prue just said.

     “Half these people are human Prue.” Sara thought to Prue after she’d done a quick scan of their minds. Some knew that the person they were with were a member of the blood sucking variety, others had no idea.

     “Yes, that would be the half that didn’t just turn and look when I said the word Slayer.” Prue said it in such a way that Sara could picture her with a smug look on her face. “There are some evil vampires in here, but no one is allowed to kill or drink human blood on the pub grounds, or they have to deal with the pub landlord.” Prue thought to Sara and also Sheana, thanks to Sara making her part of the private chat.

     “Why would a vampire be afraid of the landlord?” Sara asked as she looked around the room feeling a little overdressed in her red slayer armour. She hoped the normal people in the pub would just think her and Sheana were going or coming from a costume party.

     “The landlord is a master vampire.” Prue thought to Sara and Sheana. “No normal level vampire in their right mind will upset a master vampire if they can help it.” Prue explained as she made her way over to the bar.

     “So he’s a dragon like Hypatia then?” Sara asked with worry in her voice as she wondered if this demon would be able to enter her mind like Hypatia could.

     “No, he’s nowhere near as powerful as Hypatia is, and whatever you do don’t let on that you even know about Hypatia.” Prue warned them both. “None of them know that I work for her, and I’d like to keep it that way.” Prue added just before she reached the bar and ordered drinks for them all.

     “Three jack and cokes.” Prue said to the man behind the bar as she slammed some money down to pay for them.

     “What are you doing Prue?!” Sara thought to her with panic in her voice. “Sheana and I can’t drink that.”

     “Don’t sound so worried. I was going to get Sheana to turn them into just coke once we were away from the bar.” Prue though back in a calming voice. “Do you really think I’m mad enough to not only bring you into a place like this, but then try to get you both drunk? Karen would kill me.” Prue thought with a giggle as she tried to work out how many different ways Sara and Sheana’s mum would kill her if she could see them right now.

    They found a table in the middle of the room and sat down to enjoy their drinks. Sheana had already removed the alcohol from her and Sara’s drink, but never bothered with Prue’s because alcohol didn’t affect vampires like it did humans.

     “I seem to be the centre of attention don’t I?” Sara asked in her sexy slayer voice just before taking a sip of her jack and coke, minus the jack.

     “I bet their all trying to work out if you’re real or not.” Prue smiled as she looked around the room at some of the vampires she knew to be evil.

     “Maybe if I staked one of them, then they would all get over it and let us enjoy our drinks without feeling like we’re in a goldfish bowl being watched by a hungry cat.” Sara purred just before taking another sip from her glass.

    Most the vamps in the room suddenly looked away, but a couple still needed more convincing as they just looked at Prue and her two friends with a snarl.

     “I don’t think those two are very happy to see you in here Prue.” Sara thought to Prue as she formed the image of the two vamps still looking at them from the other side of the room.

     “They’re not happy because I killed their friend; well actually it was you that killed their friend in the woods that day we first spoke to each other.” Prue pointed out for the whole room to hear, or the half of the room with un-dead super hearing that is. “I can’t wait to see you do the same to his two friends as well.” Prue added with a grin.

     “Well if they weren’t upset with you before, they sure are now.” Sara said as she showed Prue another image of the two vampires looking really pissed off with her, now they knew who had killed their friend.

     “Get ready Sara, they will attack any minute now.” Prue warned.

    No sooner had Prue finished her thoughts to Sara, did the two vampires move at lightning speed across the room to tack them. Sara moved even quicker and punched a hole through the first of the two vampire’s chests and was left with her arm sticking out the back still holding the vampires dead heart in her hand just before he burst into flames and was nothing but a pile of ash on the floor in seconds.

    On seeing what this red devil of a woman had just done to his friend, the second vampire made a break for it, but was soon being pulled back by Sheana as she used her magic to drag him back to where Sara had left a pile of ash that was once his friend.

     “Have you also fed on the blood of humans?” Sara asked the scared looking man as he tried to break free of the hold Sheana had on him.

     “Yes, and I enjoyed every minute of it.” The vampire said, even though it wasn’t what he wanted to say. He’d planned to lie his way out of it, but Sara had compelled him to tell the truth.

     “I’ll let you join your friend then.” Sara said as she did the same to him as she’d just done to his friend. He let out a scream of pain just before he burst into flames that were quickly just a pile of ash on the floor.

     “I don’t take kindly to customers starting trouble in my pub.” Said a man’s voice from over near the bar.

    Sara tuned to see the man that the voice belonged to and found a large over weight man dressed a little like a biker. He had on biker boots, denim jeans with rips all over them, a t-shirt that could have once been white, and a leather waistcoat that would never close around the man’s belly.

     “You should get a better class of customer then.” Sara said, not worried about upsetting the man. There was a gasp from around the room, most of them coming from vampires who thought this woman insane for talking to a master vampire like that.

     “Who do you think you are to talk to me like that child?” The man growled as he made his way across the room to where Sara was stood with Prue and Sheana. “Do you think yourself some sort of vampire slayer?” He asked with an edge of humour to his voice.

     “No, just a slayer.” Sara pointed out. “I’ll also kill other demons as well if they piss me off enough.” Sara added as she turned to face the large man fully. She didn’t like using such foul language, but it suited the age she was pretending to be. Sara was glad the heels gave her a little more height so she wasn’t looking up at him as much as she had been the Krennan demon when she fort him.

     “Well Buffy, let me explain a couple of things to you before you upset any more of my regular customers.” The man said as he suddenly swung his hand around expecting to make contact with the side of Sara’s face, but just finding thin air. “That’s not possible.” He said when he realised that this woman could move quicker than he could.

    Sara had been in his mind watching for what he planned to do next when he decided to take a swing at her, so it was easy for Sara to duck the backhanded slap to end up stood just behind him. She grabbed the back of his leather waistcoat and t-shirt just before she pulled him back and let him crash backwards into a table, making it collapse to the floor with him going with it. Sara realised that Prue was right about this master vampire not being in the same league as Hypatia.

     “The names Slayer.” Sara said as she put a boot on the man’s chest to stop him getting up off the floor. “Do I look like some TV character to you?” She asked as she pressed down even harder on the man’s chest to get her point across. If the heel on her boot had been a stiletto and not a block heel, Sara knew that the force would have stabbed it right through the man’s chest.

     “No one beats Armen like this.” The man said as he tried to remove Sara’s foot from his chest without much success.

     “Well Armen, do I really look like a no one to you?” Sara smiled down at him. “I’m not here to kill you Armen, but I did want to let the local nightlife know that I won’t be going easy on any vampire or demon caught hurting humans.” Sara added as she pressed down a little harder until there was a cracking sound as a couple of Armen’s ribs broke and he let out a pained grunt.

    Prue looked just as impressed as the rest of the pub when she saw how well Sara was at getting her point across. Word would soon be all over town and even further afield about the mysterious woman in red that calls herself Slayer, and her witch friend dressed in black. Prue just hoped that Sara was ready for the battles to come.

    Once Sara had her point across, she removed her foot from Armen’s chest and then helped him get to his feet again before holding out her hand to shake his as a sigh of respect, and to make sure there were no hard feelings.

     “As long as you follow my simple rules of not letting any harm come to the humans that come here, then I can’t see any reason we can’t get along Armen.” Sara said as she held her hand out.

     “I’ll do my best Slayer, but I won’t be held responsible for what happens once they leave.” Armen said as he wrapped his large hand around Sara’s much smaller one. Armen found it strange that a woman with such a small hand could do what she’d just done to him, but he’d learned a long time ago that size doesn’t mean anything.

     “That’s all I can ask Armen.” Sara smiled, happy to have a deal worked out with the master vampire.

     “Now we drink to seal our contract, Slayer.” Armen said looking much happier now as he signalled for a member of his bar staff to bring them all a drink.

    Sara was just about to turn him down when she felt Prue calling to her in her mind, so Sara opened the link so she could find out what she wanted. “What’s wrong Prue?” Sara asked her.

     “You have to share a drink with him, or it will be taken as a great insult, and an act of war.” Prue thought back to Sara.

     “Oh crap!” Sara thought back to Prue as she watched a man walk over to the table Armen had cleared for them and put down two massive tankards of ale. “Do you think a Slayer can get drunk?” Sara asked Prue in her mind as she sat looking at the tankard of ale.

     “Guess we’re about to find out.” Was all Prue thought back to her as she watched Sara pick up the tankard and banged it against Armen’s before she started to drink from it.

     “Yuk! How can anyone drink this stuff and enjoy it?” Sara’s thoughts could be heard by Prue and Sheana.

    Prue was having trouble not laughing as she heard what Sara thought of the drink Armen liked to have. She did start to worry though as the tankard empted and Armen had two more brought out, then he had another two after that. Prue could see that the ale was having an effect on Sara, but not as much as it was on Armen though, so she worked out that Sara could take her liquor. Prue was just wondering if Sara would ever stop peeing once she got to the toilet.

    Sara was glad when she finally saw Armen tip his head back to drain yet another tankard of ale and kept going as he passed out on the floor.

     “Now go we must!” Sara said in a slurred voice as she tried to stand up but nearly fell over when her hand misjudged where the table ended. Prue was there to catch her while Sheana grabbed her from the other side.

     “We better get you home and to bed Slayer.” Prue said as they walked her outside. This turned out to be a bad idea because once Sara hit the fresh night air she passed out cold in Prue’s arms.

    Once they were clear of the pub, Sheana blinked them home right to the bedroom. They hoped to get Sara in bed before her mum found out she was drunk. This didn’t go as planned when they saw a worried Karen run into the room with Jenna holding her hand.

     “I tell you somefing wrong with Sara.” Jenna said looking up at Karen with worry.

     “What happened?” Karen asked as she ran over to see what she could do to help her daughter. Karen soon stopped and looked angrily at Prue when she smelt the alcohol on her daughter’s breath as she gave her mum a sleepy smile. “She’s drunk?” Karen asked in much to calm a voice for Prue’s liking.

     “I can explain Karen.” Prue tried to say, but Karen cut her off by putting her hand up to let Prue know she didn’t want to hear it right now.

     “Sara honey, I need you to change out of your slayer armour so we can get you to bed.” Karen said to a very drunk Sara.

     “Can’t, want to sleep.” Sara groaned as she tried to make her way over to the bed so she could lay down.

     “No sleep until you change out of this stuff.” Karen said as she pulled Sara way from the bed again and looked her daughter in the eyes. “Focus on changing back to your normal clothes sweetie.” Karen added as she tried to keep calm.

    Sara grumbled some more under her breath as she focused enough to trigger the change back to her normal clothes. Karen and Sheana then got Sara into her nightshirt and into bed. Sheana quickly got ready for bed and got in as well. Jenna got in between the two of them and then Karen and Prue left the bedroom and turned the light off before heading down stairs, so Prue could explain just how her daughter came to be so drunk when they were supposed to be hunting vampires.


*****

    Sara woke in the early hours of the morning needing to use the toilet like she’d never needed to before. She soon regretted jumping up so fast when her head started thumping like she had a man on a set of drums in there trying to torture her. Sara only just made it to the bathroom and sat on the toilet without wetting herself.

     “How can anyone enjoy getting drunk?” Sara thought to herself as she wondered if she would ever stop peeing. “I must ask Sheana if she knows of a spell that will stop me getting drunk next time I have to seal a contract with a demon.” She said to the empty bathroom as she kept peeing.

    Sara had lost track of the time she’d been sat there when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. “Come in!” She shouted, but regretted it almost right away as the little man with the drum kit in her head started playing again. Expecting to see Sheana entered the bathroom, Sara looked worried when she saw it was her mother.

     “How you feeling sweetie?” Karen asked as she walked over and looked sad as she sat on the edge of the bathtub so she could check on her daughter.

     “I’m sorry mum.” Sara groaned as she put her head in her hands. “Are you mad with me?” Sara mumbled.

     “I was to start with, but Prue explained what happened. It doesn’t make what you did right sweetie, but I do understand the reason for you doing it.” Karen said with a smirk as she heard her daughter still peeing. “At least you can hold your drink.” Karen added with a snigger just before she lost it and started laughing at her own joke.

     “I’m never going to drink alcohol again.” Sara said as she finally stopped. “I’ll just live with a war next time and say no. Sara added as she wiped herself dry and then got up on shaky legs and went over to the sink to wash her hands and then splash some water on her face.

     “You’ll be fine again after you’ve had some more sleep.” Karen said as she helped Sara get back to her bed and then she tucked her in after making her drink a glass of water and take a couple of pills.

     “I am sorry mum.” Sara said after letting her mum tuck her in and then kiss her on the forehead.

     “I know you are my dear.” Karen smiled as she sat on the edge of the bed and stroked Sara’s hair away from her face. “Prue told me you were very impressive out there tonight.” Karen added with pride.

     “Right up to the point I started drinking.” Sara groaned as her head started thumping again.

     “You’re still young yet Sara and I’m sure you’ll make many mistakes, but as long as you learn from them, then they are never really mistakes, but learning curves on the path that we call life.” Karen said as she kissed Sara on the forehead once more before getting up and leaving the room to return to bed and gat a little more sleep before she needed to get up and get ready for work.

    Sara drifted off to sleep again thinking just what an amazing mum she had to just carry on as if life had never really changed, even though she now had a slayer and a witch as daughters, and another one that was starting her career as a fashion designer. Sara fell asleep hoping that when she next woke she would feel much better than she did right now.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks for another great

Thanks for another great chapter, it's good to see the MIB's do more than Sara hunting, even though it sounds like a lot of Vamps use to get away with stuff more when just MIB were patrolling. Seems Sara can down a lot of alcohol seen as she drank a master vampire under the table, especially given how hard it seems for a vamp to get drunk lol.

Looking forward to more, I just wish I didn't have to wait a week each time, still good things come to she who waits.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

To Make A Wish (New Chapter) Chapter 14

Wonder if there are other vampires, demons, or werewolves who are like Prue and Hypatia?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

great chapter

wow another great chapter in Sara and Co's story i really love it can't wait till next week ,
and i'm still looking forwards to lexi's next series of adventures in project guardian , what can i say i love all Your hard work Sara

Haveta laugh

Luckily Sara had Prue and Sheana as backup else in her drunken state she could have been vulnerable. I agree wholeheartedly as to why anyone would enjoy getting drunk.

Sara's first patrol. Good job, as she can selectively kill instead of the MIBs killing 'good' vamps and 'bad' irregardless.

Oh, I am not quite sure though, can vampires get drunk or are they just resistant to getting drunk, given Prue's ability to drink?

Kim

Good One...

Another enjoyable chapter.

Really nice touch, the cold weakening Sheana. I liked the interplay with Armen, though I'll be curious next time whether Pru tells Sara that while sharing a drink was mandatory, the drink-until-you-fall-over contest wasn't.

Sort of liked that last paragraph, with Sara suggesting that Karen probably considers a budding fashion designer in her family at least as disruptive to her life as a slayer and a witch.

Eric

WOW

I agree with mom life is filled with lessons of what not to do. Good chapter I think readers needed a break to laugh and chuckle a little.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

A Witch a Slayer and a Vampire

A Witch a Slayer and a Vampire walk into a bar. What do they drink?

Sounds like an old joke, how many punch lines can we write to this one. I collect jokes so please PM me any good endings and I will blog them when I collected a few. Sorry I love puns.

The only bad question is the one not asked.