Jem...Chapter 24

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Jem…Chapter 24

Chapter 24

*Adam…

What the fuck!?

What the fucking hell is going on with shit now….I know…I know what caused the whole fucking thing.

Fucking Jason Powers…

I hate that little cocksucker with a passion.

Why? He started it when we were kids. There’s just a way life is sometimes. So people are poor, some are rich, what comes up must come down, water is wet, the sky is blue. And the Marshall family doesn’t just own Harpers Point but we pretty much fucking built it!

Everyone else got it. Everyone else played by the rules. They gave respect where it was due.

Not that little fucker though.

Right off the bat ever since we were kids he’s been strutting around like he’s my fucking equal.

He’s not.

He’s just some shitty grease-monkey’s brat.

Working class trash.

He’s never learned his place, ever and he…he’s made my life fucking hell ever since the first day we met at the bike stand when we were kids. He just wouldn’t listen and I taught him as lesson.

That’s how it was supposed to go.

Cocksucker wasn’t supposed to hit back.

I wasn’t supposed to go home looking like that. Beaten, weak, a coward that let some low classed scum get away with tarnishing the family name. Dad was mad as hell and was going to do something right then to get even with Jason’s family but Grandfather stopped him and said I had to handle my own shit.

We’ve been enemies ever since.

I know he got “sick” which is bullshit really…just…you can’t get cancer that fucking young. And okay his Mom got killed by a drunk driver and he milked the hell out of that.

But he’s never learned.

And I haven’t been cut any goddamned slack from dad or my grandfather because of that. Because they’re always fucking watching, or know the stuff I do, that we all do somehow.

Then Jason got away. The little bastard took off to Toronto after breaking my nose and has been ducking the cops. They’ve got a warrant out for his arrest but he’s fucking vanished into the slums of Toronto or whatever. I want his ass, If I ever get my hands on him then…then I’ll make him disappear.

Like Michael…

Jason’s fucking non-blood cousin or shit like that. It’s like I’m being cursed by this fucking family!

Him though, he is really fucking with me. And he’s doing it on purpose too. Taking my parking space, my space…but yeah I had him checked out. He’s a mixed martial arts champion and his father’s an RCMP officer with a good record in cases where there’s stuff going on in schools and he somehow gets involved and made good on quite a few cases.

Hmmm….yes. That’ll have possibilities.

I’m sure they’re here because of me. That Jason’s sicced these dogs on me and that he’s trying to get even with me the only way he can. But the Mounty is here on vacation and Mike thinks he’s fucking with me but I’m got people too…Mike…Jason…

Like how there’s people looking in Toronto right now. But I’ve got people checking is Jason’s holed up like the little rat he is at Mike’s actual home in Kingston. I mean that’d be a perfect place to hide.

But I know about Jem…

Mike’s got a thing for her and she’s the little slut that’s supposed to be one of Jason’s friends. So…I came tonight to see her. And what did I see? Her, with an obvious think for Mike and him with her.

Which was just perfect or so I thought.

I mean, every woman…okay the lezzy and the fugly bitches don’t count but every fucking woman in town that’s like halfway decent knows who the hell I am and I can have any piece of pussy whenever I want. And she might be a bit skinny and shit but I wanted her.

And I’d have had her too if Jason’s fucking father hadn’t showed up. Bitch was trying to put on one of those I’m a good girl I don’t want it shows. Lying using cunt…they all want it…just look at the way they look and dress and sway.

They all want it.

They’ll all take it and no matter how much they lie about how much they don’t…they’re all whores, flash enough green and they shut up and take the cock. Even the so called dykes.

I reach up and feel the bump forming there from Jason’s fucking father. He’ll fucking pay too.

He got there and stuck his nose in my business with the little cunt this time but he’s not going to be there all the time.

I light a smoke and pace giving the crew the back off give me space look as I’m trying to think of a way to make them fucking pay for tonight. To show them the gloves are fucking off…

That’s when I hear.

“Fucking Skank!, I’ll kill her!, I’ll kill that skinny assed pink haired little slut!”

I stop and take a few drags off my smoke and watch this stacked blonde from the first sets tonight walking around the parking lot with a tall can of beer in one hand like she’s trying to find something that’s not there. Her band mates are waiting beside and inside this big extend cab truck drinking too and smoking various things.

I walk up to her and she looks at me. “You’re…Adam Marshall right?”

“Yeah and you’re Summer right?”

“Uh-huh, so…you a fan?”

“Definitely.” I say it but I don’t really care other than she’s hot. But her smile and that look that women get in their eyes when they get a taste of what the want’s there and of course that greedy look too when they know it’s me.

“That’s cool you guys wanna party?”

“Sure, but talk too.”

“Talk ‘bout what?”

“That pink haired little cock tease.”

Her eyes light up. “Oh, Mr. Marshall I think we’re going to get along just fine.”

“Call me Adam, please.”

up
296 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm.

I don't know. I think Angel has some problems ahead, but in my opinion, Adam and Scummer are in over their heads, and things just might backfire on them, in a big way.

Adam definitely seems like an elitist idiot at heart (what did he ever do? Such Bullshit), but if he does things wrong (as I expect he will), he could push people just that little bit too far, and get everyone against him, and possibly his family. LET THE EMPIRE CRUMBLE!

Use the force, Jem!

Hugz!
Wren

Adam and Scummer.

Are a bad combination for everyone possibly even them.
Hopefully it won't turn out like Empire.
*Big Hugz*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

bound to happen

that kind of scum does seem to find is own level. I'm not sure her band leader is going to appreciate Adam if Summers attention flows away from him though.
boy you really got a slow build going on.
thanks

Yeah Muzz already don't like Adam.

It'll be quite the amount of interesting times ahead in this story.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Well, well

Shades of Penguin and Poison Ivy getting together. Ironically I would trust them more than Adam and Summer.

Thank you for dipping our psyches into Adam's world view .... I think. Time for a very long shower. Ewwwwww.

Kim

Oh and Bailey?

You owe me a bottle of Gunk I had to use for that shower :P

Kim

Sorry Kimmie.

I don't have any spare Gunk to clean off the nastiness.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

You're right the Supervillains would be more

more honorable than those two. Ivy though would likely kill Adam off pretty quick since the Marshall's are into mining and forestry industries too.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Yuck.

Now I want to go shower. This look in Adam's twisted head reminded me of the look we got at Skummer a few chapters ago. I was thinking Adam and Skummer would be perfect for each other, and then you put them together. Sadly, this likely means more pain for our heroes and heroines before this is over, but I hope it also lets these two fall all the harder.

Yeah I thought a look at Adam would

be a good way to make the readers to see what's going on in his head in the nasty glimpses that we see in this short chapter. I'm sorry for all the showers that everyone's been having to take though.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I think the most entertaining...

end up of all of this is to actually have Adam behind bars, all the action over with, and ranting to his cell mate pretty much the beginning of this chapter -- and the cell mate spreading it through prison how stupid the idiot is. Word gets back to a big, mean, nasty guy that lost a kid brother or kid sister -- or a child of his own -- to childhood cancer that, "... you can't get cancer that fucking young."

Yeah...There'd be a mix of reactions Edeyn:)

Between the people that hate his family on general principle or the ones that'd be hired to protect him. His mouth would get him into trouble until he started using it to save his butt.
*Snerk*
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

It's funny to see Adam's

It's funny to see Adam's point of View of things, I really hope this butt-head gets whats coming to him in the end ;)

I can't stand Adam at all, I think it's because he thinks the world revolves around him. I knew a couple of guys like that in school.

Skummer thinks she can hurt Angel/Jem shes got another thing coming to her, You can't hurt something that's already broken *Giggles* However it seems Angel/Jem has slowly begun the healing process, It will be intresting to see her final decision on staying as Angel thou if she chooses that route.

Once she starts hormones or whatever thats really going to be a intresting house, 4 girls in one home... three in this house, thank god ones lil, and it's enough to make my brother scratch his head and leave ;)


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!

I love the 4 girl family dynamic here:)

And that's pretty much what it is as the girls haven't really been living with Jason at all. Angel's nowhere near even thinking in those directions yet.
Thanks Darkkitten:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I wondered...

...how long it would take for Adam and Skummer to get together after that little incident at the club. They could be quite a potent combination...

...depending on how Skummer and her current boyfriend react to Adam's preferred method of payment for his services...

...especially as his only interest in Skummer is to use her to further his purposes...

...much as her main interest in Rayne appeared to be to further her own purposes...

...so it's possible she may end up getting a taste of her own medicine...

...and this must rank as my most grammatically incorrect comment ever, containing no complete sentences - merely a whole bunch of clauses separated by ellipses (yes, the plural of ellipsis [...] is the same as ellipse [oval] as they're both derived from the same Greek word [ἔλλειψις - falling short])...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

It'll be interesting to see...

who will end up using who more and how this'll effect things with Angel and the Girls and Summer and her band.
Thanks for the unique comment Mittfh:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

this cant be good

having Summer and Adam joining forces is bad news.

DogSig.png

Nope, not good at all.

Angel and them better hold on tight.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

Un-uh

Never really cared for the villian's POV.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

That's okay too.

I just thought it'd add a extra flavor to things in the contrasts later on as things progress.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Adam And Summer

jengrl's picture

are so messed up. It wouldn't bother me if both the useless POS both wound up with extremely long prison terms or six feet under. That whole family needs to be taken down once and for all,and Mike and his dad are way more intelligent than these two are by a long shot. I hope that whatever they are planning, blows up in their face ten times over!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

I can't really see adam in

I can't really see adam in jail. It's probably against family honor or something. He'll probably serve a life sentence in the nut house. I can totally see both of the assholes nudging each other on and really really deep into the shit. Like organising hits on Angel or Mike.

I'll get you and your little dog too...

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Ewwwww. That was really well done. I feel so dirty a month of showers might just remove the traces of Adam.

I think one of the big differences between the written word and the visual media is that we get used to being inside one characters head and seeing the world only from their viewpoint. If Jem was a tv show, the cut scene to Adam would have seemed perfectly normal as we ride along externally with the characters. In the context of the written word, we really get to see inside a character and learn what makes them tick and it can be a very striking contrast and well used can be very effective. I think you used this well in that in only a few thousand words we've learnt an awful lot about Adam that will help us understand his actions in the coming chapters, although you do now owe me a bar of soap from my efforts to scrub Adam's psyche off! :-p

Adam's overwhelming sense of entitlement, his blatant and repulsive misogyny (even possible rapist) and possibly his achilles heel in that to be a Marshall 'man' he has to sort out his own problems. Adam isn't subtle or that bright (as the line about Jason's cancer shows) but he is violent and ruthless. He also clearly doesn't give a damn about anyone else. Mike could probably take him down and has already kept one step ahead of him for the most part.

And then there is Summer. She's manipulative, subtle, devious and she knows how to find peoples weakspots and apply pressure. She also has a ton of inside knowledge about 3/4 of the members of Starlight Butterfly. Jem could probably win in any straight contest between the two as she has been doing so far.

However, put Summer's strengths and Adam's strengths together and... *shiver* that's not a nice thought. Not. Nice. At. All.

I fear the pain is only just beginning for Starlight Butterfly and their unofficial roadie (Mike). Jem and Mike in particular need to watch their backs but Brook and Raven have both recently crossed Summer too.

Thank you for a less than enjoyable look at Adam this chapter! :-p



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I hope it's the opposite

I think Adam and Summer are thinking about their combined strengths, but in truth their weaknesses will be their undoing. They aren't a true team, Adam plans to use Summer, and vice/versa. There's no trust between them, as neither of them would trust anyone (nor is either one trustworthy). The real question is how long it will take for everything to blow up in their faces?

Madman and Scummer only trust themselves, and against Jem and all her allies, they're going to blow it, big time,

Wren

I hope so Wren or this story

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I hope so Wren or this story will need a 'Really Depressing Ending' tag!!! ;-)

For me in story terms the concern is that (to use an overly grandiose comparison) Adam is nazi Germany, Summer is Stalinist Russia and the girls are poor little Poland and while the alliance between Adam and Summer will inevitably implode it might be too late for the girls by then.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Please let the next chapter

Please let the next chapter be focused on the huge interstate pileup involving Adam and Scummer, those 2 together can mean nothing but trouble, I really hope Angel doesn't end up in a position where Adam can get her on her own, also lets hope the girls changed the lock when Scummer split.

Good stuff, thanks Bailey.

Hopeful hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Brooklyn had changed the locks a long time ago.

But there's also no interstate here in Canada but the Trans-Canada Highway is the closest thing really. These two will be trouble but we'll have to wait and see of what kind.
Thanks Lizzie.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

The Godfather;)

Bailey Summers

Adam is a jerk!!

Pamreed's picture

I thought I didn't like Adam, but now I hate him!! He is all the
a@#h%es that have ever given me grief!!! I can not wait for him
to go down!! Just him knowing that will be so cool!!

(Poor little chibi-me...)

Page of Wands's picture

An approximate script of Chibi-Me's reaction to this chapter:

chibi-me:
*sees Jem on chapter list.*

"Yay! Jem!"- (^.^)

*clicky linky, readsreadsreads*

"That's not Jem! That's a bad man!"- (@.+)

*curls up in corner.*

"Bad man hurt Jem! Make the bad man go away! Bad bad bad man!"- (>.<)

me:
(-_-);; -*sigh...*

---
Srsly, though, good chapter, even if my tender-hearted little avatar disapproves. I have to say, though, I now want to punch Adam in the face even more than I did before (and possibly take a shower or three, gah!) You could probably wring the douchebaggery out of him and bottle it, should one find a market for it.

It seems like Summer and Adam would be a perfect match for one another, in all the worst ways, but I don't think that's right. Summer is certainly Adam's type, but he's just about the worst thing possible for her: she's so used to getting her way and using others at her whim, hooking up with someone who is the same way but is just better at it will probably be hell for her. I can't wait to see the fallout when he eventually discards her for the next bit of arm candy that walks in front of him.

LOL!!!, Oh God that's awesome!

I Love the Chibi you's comments. And You're right Adam has liquid douchbag running through his veins. He was weened on it actually. He started stuff with Angel and flirting with Summer with the girl he's with there even.

Thanks for the great comment.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Two wrongs don't make a right!

The wrongs being Scummer and Adam.

Wasn't he the guy who ate the apple and caused man to sin?

Boy, Bailey you have a way with words that has now every reader out to lynch the two, (Scum and Damm).

I think it would be so nice to forgive and forget. Forget I mean when they are all behind bars in a high security detention centre for life.

So we have the guys with the white hats, Jem's Dad, Mike and his Dad and the CMP, a crew of Martial experts, Dad's truckie mates. And the Scum and her side kicks, Damm, his suckling followers, his family and the local police.

Not a bad match.

Bring it on!

Good one Bailey Thank you.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Oh Yeah things will get on, Rita!

The guys won't take things lying down either.
It'll get interesting:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Oh... they totally deserve

Oh... they totally deserve each other. Pond skum Adam with skum Skummer. Um... Angel of Mercy Jem and Angel of Retribution Michael vs the devil duo. I'm totally cheering for the side of angels here.
In the end these two will just escalate the situation even more and edge each other so deep in the shit they won't be able to pull themselves out - or be pulled out by Adams family.

Adam's got a worse attitude than Louis 14: L'etat ce mois. That boy has a serious god complex - in the end he probably won't go to prison but into the loony bin.

thank you for writing this captivating story, I can't wait for the next chapter,
*hugs*
Beyogi