To Make A Wish Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Sixteen

Previously...

    Sara’s interest was piqued now as she waited for Prue to get off the phone, so she could tell her who this man was the slayer would need to face. Hypatia must have been explaining some sort of plan to Prue, because she just sat with the phone to her ear for a couple of minutes without saying a word.

    Prue finally got done and ended the call with Hypatia before putting her phone down again and looking straight at Sara and letting out a sigh. “We may have a bit of a problem.” Prue said looking worried.

And now the story continues...

     “What kind of a problem?” Sara asked looking worried now at the fact Prue looked worried.

     “It seems your little show in the pub last night caught the interest of a passing vampire.” Prue said looking nervous all of a sudden. “It turns out he was due to meet someone at the pub last night, and that’s why Hypatia never put it on the map as a place to go and check out.” Prue explained.

     “I don’t see what the big deal is Prue. Once I’m back to normal, I’ll just deal with him like I did all the other’s I’ve killed.” Sara shrugged. “He can’t be more powerful than Hypatia can he?” Sara asked.

     “It’s not that Sara, it’s the fact you kind of know him already.” Prue said sounding very cryptic.

     “Why do I get the feeling you’re not telling me something here Prue.” Sara frowned, getting angry. “Who is this new vampire?” Sara snapped.

     “You know him as William the bloody, or Spike from the TV series Buffy.” Prue said looking worried as to how Sara was going to react to this little bit of news.

    Sara just started giggling as she thought Prue was joking with her, but she soon stopped when she saw the look on Prue’s face said she was doing anything but joking with her about this. “How can Spike be a real vampire? Do you mean some sad little vampire is pretending to be him right?” Sara asked.

     “No, the actor that played him in the TV show was based on the real one, and he actually looked a lot like him as well.” Prue said looking impressed at the fact James Marsters did look a lot like the real Spike.

     “And you’re just telling me this now!” Sara shouted.

     “The last I heard of him, he was over in America, so I didn’t see the point in saying anything.” Prue said in her own defence.

     “How did Joss Whedon find out about the real spike and then write him into the Buffy series?” Sara asked as she tried to get her head wrapped around what Prue was telling her.

     “No one knows, but the spike in the TV show is a lot like the real one, except for the real spike used to have long blond hair tied back in a pony tail, and he preferred wearing expensive suits to the long leather jacket.” Prue explained.

     “Was he in the pub last night when I staked those two vampires then?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, and he’s interested in facing you in battle now, to see if he can kill himself a real slayer, just like his character from the show.” Prue warned her. “Hypatia said he’s been asking all over town, trying to track down where you might be hiding out.” Prue added.

     “Do you think he’ll be able to track her back to here?” Karen asked looking worried now. Karen didn’t want this real Spike turning up while Sara was without her slayer strength or Sheana her magic.

     “No, Sheana’s protection spell and shield are still working just fine, even with her magic being gone at the minute.” Prue said as she tried to sense Sara’s slayer power, but was still unable to. “Spike will be thinking The Slayer is some sort of demon playing good guy, or girl in Sara’s case. He won’t be thinking a normal looking girl like Sara could be this red headed slayer.” Prue said as she tried to calm Karen’s worries a little bit.

     “So if Sara keeps her head down for a week or so, he might get bored and move on thinking the slayer might have left town?” Karen asked looking hopeful.

     “I’d like to say yes Karen, but to a vampire, a year is like a day to us. We just don’t measure it in the same way.” Prue pointed out the flaw in Karen’s human logic, compared to vampire logic.

     “And you say this Spike is the real version to the one in the TV show? So he got his nickname from the way he used to torture his victims with railway spikes?” Karen asked looking worried again.

    Prue was impressed at just how much Karen knew about Buffy, and the character Spike. Karen use to sit and watch the show with Simon, she just never thought she’d be sat talking about her son, now her daughter facing a real life version of him.

     “Yes he did.” Prue said looking nervous. “Spike is a little like me. He’s fed on humans, but can go between the two still. Some say it’s due to how old he really is.” Prue explained.

     “How old is he?” Josie asked.

     “No one really knows, but some say he has gone by the name, Vlad the impaler. Hence the name Spike.” Prue pointed out.

     “Hold on a minute!” Josie shouted in her cute sounding girlie voice. “Vlad the impaler was also the name of Dracula!” Josie shouted some more.

     “Yes, and he’s probably pretended to be other vampires through the years.” Prue said. “He loves showing off.” Prue added with a roll of her eyes.

     “Do you think he stands a chance of winning against me Prue?” Sara asked as some doubt started to creep in, as to whether or not she could end up losing a fight and dying against the real version of Spike/Dracula.

     “No, not a chance in hell Sara, but Hypatia wants to make sure he doesn’t make a show of facing you that the other humans will see and spread rumours about, or have it end up on YouTube.” Prue frowned. “I did just warn you he’s a bit of a show off.” Prue added with another roll of her eyes.

     “So what does Hypatia want me to do then?” Sara asked.

     “Well she did plan on letting you just face him and kill him, but this little hiccup in your powers has forced her to come up with a new plan to deal with it.” Prue said with a sigh. “Hypatia said she’d have faced him herself pretending to be you, but now we know he’s seen you at the pub, she says that would never work.” Prue explained.

     “So what is Hypatia’s plan then?” Josie asked this time.

     “Keep an eye on him until Sara’s back to her full slayer self, and then let her kill him.” Prue said with a shrug. “It’s a work in progress.” Prue added when she saw the looks she was getting from the others.

     “I wouldn’t call that much of a plan Prue.” Karen said with a growl of frustration. “What if this Spike tries to force Sara’s hand in some way? She’s in no fit state right now to face him.” Karen pointed out.

     “Can you even use your armour at the minute sis?” Sandy asked as she looked at Sara.

     “I’m not sure, I’ve not thought about trying.” Sara said with a shrug as she pushed herself up from the sofa and the warm spot she’d been cuddled up to Josie.

     “You’re going to try it now?” Karen asked looking worried.

     “We need to know don’t we.” Sara said as she tried to focus on the locket and releasing the armour. Sara found that her power was still there and she was soon pulling the red armour from it as she watched it form all over her body in a red flash.

     “At least we know you can still suit up while being on.” Sandy said as she looked at her former sister, now the slayer stood in the middle of the living room.

     “Yes, but talk about painful.” Sara groaned in her sexy adult voice as she felt the corset crushing her tummy and not helping her feel any better about having her period.

    Sara was soon retracting the armour back into the locket around her neck and falling back onto the sofa to carry on eating chocolate and cuddling with Josie.

     “I don’t think having your period and wearing a tight fitting corset go together very well sweetie.” Karen said with a pout when she saw Sara rubbing her tummy as she sat with her mouth open while Josie popped in a chunk of chocolate. “If you keep eating that chocolate, you won’t be able to get in the corset or cat suit.” Karen added with a giggle.

     “Right now I couldn’t care less.” Sara mumbled around the chunk of chocolate in her mouth.

    Jo and Mike, or Josie and Michelle stopped for a little bit longer, then Sandy drove them home with Prue driving shotgun, just in case this real life version of Spike was out looking for a late night snack. They got them both dropped off and returned home without any trouble, but they did see a couple of silver vans driving around, so they knew that the MIB’s were mobile again and looking for trouble in some form or another.

     “Did you have any trouble dropping them off?” Sara asked the minute Sandy and Prue entered the house, and before Prue had time to remove the ring that made her look like a different person.

     “Do you think we’d be back now if we had any trouble baby sister?” Sandy asked as she wrapped an arm around Sara and led her back towards the kitchen so they could all have a hot chocolate before bedtime.

     “I guess not, but I just feel so... so...?” Sara couldn’t think of the right word.

     “Girlie? Weak?” Sandy offered with a giggle. “The world worked just fine before the all powerful Slayer showed up sis. So it will keep going for another couple of days while you get over your girl troubles.” Sandy added the last part in a whisper as she grinned at her sister.

    They were soon entering the kitchen where the smell of hot chocolate filled the room. Jenna and Sheana were sat at the kitchen table, while their mum made the drinks and poured them into mugs. Sandy and Sara went to help carry them to the table.

     “Not as much fun as you first thought it would be is it baby sister?” Sandy asked when she saw the face Sara pulled as she took her seat on the other side of Jenna to what Sheana was sat. Sheana wasn’t looking very happy about the way she was feeling either.

     “I just feel so bloated and yucky.” Sara grumbled as she dropped marshmallows in her mug. “Will it feel this bad every month?” Sara asked in a whiny voice, just like a normal teenager her age would.

     “It’s hard to say at the minute honey.” Karen said looking sympathetically at her daughters. “We’ll have a better idea when you get your next one.”

     “I’ll just be glad to get over this one.” Sheana said looking miserable. “I don’t want to start thinking about it returning next month.” Sheana added with a shudder as she moved in her seat and pulled a face.

     “I miss not having my powers as well.” Sara pouted. “What if I don’t get them back when this is over?” Sara asked looking worried.

     “You still have all your slayer powers Sara; they’re just being repressed while your body deals with other things.” Prue said trying to reassure Sara and Sheana not to worry.

     “How can you be so sure I haven’t just lost it all for good?” Sara asked looking grumpy.

    Prue quickly picked up a spoon off the table and threw it at Sara’s head. Sara saw the whole thing take place in slow motion and caught the spoon just before it hit her right between the eyes.

     “Are you insane?!” Sara screamed as she slammed the spoon down on the table and looked at Prue for an answer. “How did you know I’d be able to catch that thing? You could have killed me.” Sara screamed some more.

     “Firstly I just knew you would, and secondly, if you hadn’t, then the protection spell would have stopped it killing you.” Prue pointed out looking smug with herself for proving Sara still had her slayer power.

     “So Sara can still defend herself, but things used for attack like her strength and mind thingy, have all been locked away until she’s back to her normal self?” Sandy asked as she tried to understand what Prue was saying.

     “Yes and the same goes for Sheana as well.” Prue said with a smile as she watched Sheana and Jenna feeding each other marshmallows.

     “How can you be so sure?” Sandy asked.

     “I can’t, it’s all just best guess, but I was right about the spoon, and the fact Sara would catch it.” Prue pointed out as she looked at an angry looking Sara still gripping the spoon in one hand.

    Sara opened her mouth to say something to Prue, but was stopped when a little hand pushed a marshmallow in her mouth and giggled, when all Sara could do after that was mumble.

     “Drink your hot chocolate Sara honey, before it goes cold.” Karen said before Sara could swallow the marshmallow and carry on saying what she was planning to say in the first place.

    Sara did as she was told and was soon finished and headed up to bed with Sheana and Jenna. They all got ready for bed and were soon cuddled up together ready for a good night’s sleep, and hopes of feeling much better in the morning.

*****

     Over at the MIB’s base of operation, sleep was the last thing on their minds as they got ready to go back out on patrol after being without weapons and vehicles. Well vehicles with engines that is. Sara and Sheana had left them in a sorry state the day before when she first had a run in at the school, and then had to make a point to the Commander when Sara read his mind and found out he wasn’t going to stop trying to catch her and Sheana.

    The Commander had called in some pretty big favours to get new weapons and vehicles delivered in less than twenty four hours, but he had, and now his men were getting ready to go out on patrol, and also see if they can get any leads on this Slayer and her little witch friend that caused all the trouble the day before.

     “I hope your men are ready for a busy night Karl?” The commander asked as Karl got ready to go out with his eight man team including himself.

     “We were born ready Sir.” Karl said with a grin. “I’m eager to get some payback on the Slayer and her witch.” Karl growled as he thought about what happened at the school, and how he was beaten up by a woman dressed all in red.

     “Don’t go doing anything foolish if you get a solid lead on where she might be.” The Commander warned. “She’s got too much muscle with that witch backing her up. We need to be smarter than her, if we plan to catch the two of them.” The Commander added with a smug look on his face, like he really thought he stood a chance of catching the two of them.

     “I plan to catch some vamps and see what we can get out of them tonight sir, then report back with what we find out.” Karl told the Commander his plan.

    Karl and his men were soon loaded up and in two of the new vans and heading out on a mission to catch some vampires. Karl thought the town seemed a little more quiet than normal; they had been driving around for a couple of hours, and still not caught sight of a single vampire or demon of any sort.

     “Do you think they all left town because of the Slayer sir?” Tanner, the soldier driving the van asked.

     “I doubt it Tanner.” Karl said as he kept looking out the window for any sign they were being watched by any blood suckers. “More likely their keeping their heads down just in case they end up in this Slayers sights and don’t live to regret.” Karl added.

    Karl had his men drove around the town for a couple more hours, and was just about to call it a night when he spotted a well dressed man in a suit with a long blond ponytail and a woman walking down the middle of the road beside him like they owned it. The equipment started going haywire the closer they got to the couple.

     “Looks like we finally got a couple.” Karl said as he readied his dart gun, while the rest of the team got the stun guns ready for use. “No fancy stuff, just stun and dart them, got it?” Karl asked as they pulled one van in front of the couple, and the other one behind them.

     “Bout bloody time you wankers showed up.” The man said sounding like a Londoner as Karl’s team surrounded the couple with their weapons aimed.

     “You’ve been waiting for us to arrive and catch you, blood sucker?” Karl asked as he decided to engage the man in conversation.

     “No! Been bloody waiting for you to turn up so I can get me some info on this woman calling herself the Slayer.” The man asked Karl directly as he tapped the walking cane he was carrying on the floor to emphasise each word. “I right fancy meeting her I do.” The man added in the same cockney London accent.

     “And just who do you think you are?” Karl asked as he kept his gun trained on the blond haired man. “It’ll save me some time later if you just tell me now.” Karl pointed out in a matter of fact way.

     “Well don’t we seem a little cock sure of ourselves mate?” The man asked with a chuckle. “The names Spike by the way, and the lovely lady is Drusilla.” Spike said as he held a hand up to the raven haired beauty stood next to him.

     “Spike and Drusilla? Are you kidding?” Karl asked with a chuckle of his own now. “Big Buffy fans are we?” Karl added between chuckles.

     “I did warn you about getting that yank to put us in his little telly program.” The woman Spike had just introduced as Drusilla said as she pouted.

     “That you did Dru, but I had no bloody idea he was going to turn my name sake into a bleeding joke did I?” Spike said through gritted teeth.

     “Don’t be angry with me baby.” Drusilla pouted some more as she wrapped her arms around one of spikes just before resting her head on his shoulder.

     “I’m sorry my darling, Spikes just a little pissed off with wandering around this bloody town trying to find this Slayer.” Spike said in a calmer voice after taking a couple of deep breaths that he didn’t really need to take due to vampires not breathing. “Right then mate.” Spike said looking at Karl again.

     “I’m not your mate blood sucker.” Karl growled.

     “Touchy sod aren’t yu?” Spike replied.

     “I am when it comes to your kind.” Karl said as he looked at his men stood behind Spike and Drusilla. The look Karl gave his men, told them that he was about to make his move.

     “Well tell me what I want to know, and I’ll leave you and your friends to carry on playing action man, and be on my way.” Spike said with a smile like he didn’t have eight men pointed various weapons at him.

     “And just what information do you think we have, may I ask?” Karl said looking a little puzzled now, that this Spike looked a little to calm for someone surrounded my armed men.

     “Word on the street is, you and you mates got your ars’s handed to you by this Slayer a couple of times now, and you have been getting close to finding out where I might be able to find her.” Spike explained his reason for wanting this little get together.

     “And what makes you think we’d tell you if we did?” Karl asked.

     “Never said I’d give you a choice in it.” Spike said looking cocky. “Where can I find this Slayer?” Spike asked as he looked Karl right in the eyes as he tried to compel him to speak.

     “I’ll give Joss Whedon this; he got the dumb part about right between you and the one in his TV show.” Karl said with a grin. “Do you really think we’d be stupid enough to hunt your kind, and not be prepared for you trying to compel us?” Karl asked.

     “Tough one to answer that. I did hear you were dumb enough to attack a Krennan clan, so I just thought you might be dumb enough to track my kind without a little cocktail to prevent me compelling you.” Spike shrugged like it was no big deal.

     “You’re really starting to piss me off!” Karl shouted as he finally pulled the trigger on his tranq gun while aiming at Spike.

     “Well the pup can do more than just bark.” Spike said in Karl’s ear. Spike had moved and inhuman speed to stand at Karl’s side after pushing the man that was to Karl’s left back into the van side denting it and leaving the man slumped in a heap on the ground.

    Karl found himself pushed up against the side of the van before he had time to speak, not that he knew what to say. He did think this was it though, and Spike was going to kill him. Karl looked for some help from his men, but most of them were on the ground rolling around in pain as the female vampire this Spike had called Drusilla whipped her way through them all breaking limbs and knocking them out.

     “Don’t look so worried mate; she won’t kill any of them.” Spike pointed out when he saw Karl looking at his man with worry in his eyes. “I like the mystery we have, and the movies, books and telly shows they make to let people find out we’re real. Well most the movies.” Spike said as he thought about it a little more. “Don’t get that bloody twilight.” He frowned. “Why would anyone think we’d bleeding sparkle in the sun?” Spike actually asked Karl. “That’s just bleeding stupid if you ask me.” Spike said just before he realised that Karl was turning blue from where he was being held up against the van by his throat.

     Karl fell to the ground coughing as he tried to get some air back into his lungs while Spike and now Drusilla stood over him. He finally managed to find his voice again. “I thought the books were quite good, but the films were a letdown.” Karl said in a croaky voice between coughs.

     “You really are just going out of your ways to piss me off now aren’t you mate?” Spike asked as he pulled Karl to his feet and pushed him up against the van again, but not by the throat this time.

     “Maybe that should tell you that I don’t like you very much, well not at all actually.” Karl spat out. Karl was getting sick of being on the losing end of all these battles they seemed to keep finding themselves in.

     “He knows something Spike. I can sense him hiding something from you.” Drusilla said in the same creepy way that the Drusilla in the Buffy TV show use to speak.

     “Where can I find this Slayer?” Spike asked again, but this time with a little anger in his voice.

     “What Slayer?” Karl asked with a smirk.

     “Sexy bleeding red head, sexy looking bod! Kicked your ars the other day, so I heard.” Spike tried to jog Karl’s memory.

     “Do you find this Slayer sexy?” Drusilla asked with a pout.

     “Don’t start this now Dru baby. Can’t you see Daddy’s a little busy?” Spike said with a roll of the eyes. “You’re way more sexy my little princess of the night.” Spike added as he leaned over and gave Drusilla a kiss.

     “Bite me, break my bones if you wish, but please just kill me if you’re going to keep doing that in front of me.” Karl moaned as he was forced to stand pressed against the van while he watched Spike and Drusilla making out.

     “You army types never are too big on showing your feelings are you?” Spike asked. “Bet I could change your mind after a threesome with Dru and me.” He added with a grin as he showed his fangs and his face changed to that of his vampire form.

    Karl suddenly looked very worried, but not because Spike had changed to his vampire form, but because he was worried about being made a sex object for a very old and powerful vampire and his girlfriend. “Torture me all you want Spike, but I still can’t tell you were to find this Slayer.” Karl decided to tell the truth.

     “Torture never really works mate. You don’t get to be my age, and not learn a couple of things.” Spike said as he looked Karl in the eyes just before he bit his own finger and then forced it into Karl’s mouth and made him taste some of his blood.

     “What the hell are you trying to do to me?” Karl mumbled as he twisted his head from side to side trying to get Spike’s finger back out of his mouth as he tasted the salty ashy taste of his blood.

     “Do you think you’re the first to come up with a drug to block a vampire’s compulsion, mate?” Spike asked as he finally pulled his finger back out Karl’s mouth. Spike then let go of Karl and stepped back to stand at Drusilla’s side again. Karl saw his chance to try and get away, so he went to run, but found he couldn’t move more than a couple of steps before Spike spoke his next words. And Karl found himself doing as he was told. “Stop! Come back and stand where you just were mate.” Spike said in a calm voice.

    Karl found himself stopping and then stepping back to the point he’d just been stood while Spike had made him have some of his blood. “What have you done to me?” Karl asked, but was shocked he was able to speak freely.

     “Powerful stuff vampire blood. It makes you do whatever a vampire wants you to do.” Spike explained. “Now I want you to tell me everything you know about this Slayer.” Spike added with a grin. Karl found himself telling Spike everything he knew about the Slayer.

    Karl knew he must have blacked out at some point because the next thing he remembered was being lifted from the ground and placed in the back of one of the vans and returned to the command centre by his men. Karl looked confused when he found himself being strapped down to a stretcher and rushed down to the infirmary where a group of men and women in lab coats were waiting to look him over. Before he had time to put up a protest about it, he was stuck in the arm and everything faded to black.


*****

    Sara woke and really didn’t feel like getting out of bed, but she had no choice when she saw her mother enter the bedroom and walk over to the bed before throwing the covers back and then helping her to sit up before going around to the other side and doing the same with a sleepy looking Sheana.

     “Morning girls, time to get up and get ready for school.” Karen said as she set to work getting the girls uniforms ready for when they had both done in the bathroom. “How are you both feeling today?” Karen asked.

     “To crappy to go to school.” Sara groaned as she just sat on the edge of the bed looking half asleep still. “Can’t we just take the day off mum? Please?” Sara whined as she stroked Prue’s fur while she lay at the bottom of the bed in her wolf form having just been woken herself by the covers landing on her when Karen threw them back off the three girls lying in the bed.

     “Stop being such a baby. I’m not going to give you any more time off school. Lots of girls feel the same way you do now, and they all have to go to school still, so get up and get ready for school.” Karen said as she walked back over to the bed and helped Sara to her feet before pushing her towards the bathroom.

    Realising she wasn’t going to win this argument with her mother, Sara did as she was told and was soon slipping out of her night clothes and disposing of the pad and tampon Sandy had shown her how to use the night before, before she was then getting in another hot shower. The shower seemed to work and she was soon feeling more awake and able to face the world. She was soon dressed and padded up down below and leaving the bathroom so Sheana could enter and do the same thing. Mum was still in the room sorting out some more clothes for some reason.

     “Is someone else coming to school with us today mum?” Sara asked when she saw it was a couple of school uniforms she was putting together.

     “No honey. These are just in case you and Sheana have any mishaps later in the day.” Karen tried to explain in a way that wouldn’t freak Sara or Sheana out, not that it looked to be working, judging by the look Sara was now sporting.

     “Do you mean mishaps as in making a mess of our uniforms and needing to change into clean ones?” Sara asked on the very edge of losing it. She was beginning to see the advantage to not having her slayer strength at that very moment.

     “Yes, and don’t start shouting about it young lady.” Karen said before Sara could say another word. “I’ve also done you and Sheana a note to get you out of doing games today. Now finish getting ready and then come down with your sister for some breakfast.” Karen added just before she left the bedroom with a sleepy looking Jenna walking at her side, holding her hand. Prue had already left the bedroom and gone down to get her morning drink of plasma, or that’s what Sara assumed as she wasn’t on the bed in her wolf form anymore.

    Sara got her bag packed for school, and also sorted out Sheana’s for her. Sara could understand what her mother meant with the spare uniform, but she hoped her and Sheana wouldn’t need them. Sara waited for Sheana to finish in the bathroom, and then she explained why they were taking extra clothes with them to school. Sheana wasn’t any happier about it than Sara was, but she knew they would both feel better if they did have trouble while at school, if they could change into clean clothes.

    Once they were both ready for school, they left the bedroom and went down for some breakfast. They entered the kitchen and saw Jenna sat munching on a bowl of coco pops and both decided to join her. Karen hadn’t started anything for them, so she was happy to let then join Jenna for a nice simple breakfast.

    Karen was going in a little later today, so she could make sure Sara and Sheana got off to school alright. Karen was feeling a little more worried today, because she knew that Sara and Sheana didn’t have their special gifts to help protect them, but part of her knew both her daughters could look after themselves still if needed. Karen also knew that both girls were wearing necklaces that protected them from danger and getting hurt, she just hoped neither of them needed to use them.

    With breakfast finished, and their teeth brushed, Sara and Sheana grabbed their bags and left the house to go and meet up with Jo and Mike at the end of the road. Sara had never realised just how heavy her school bag was without her slayer strength to help her carry it. The heavy bag still couldn’t stop her smiling when she saw Jo stood at the end of the road, but she soon stopped smiling when she saw the serious look both Jo and Mike had.

     “Even without my mind reading ability, I can tell that you two have some bad news for me.” Sara said as she came to a stop and lifted her school bag back on to her shoulder to try and make it stop digging in so much. “What’s happened?” Sara asked.

     “The MIB’s got mobile again last night and were back out on patrol.” Jo said as he reached out and took Sara’s bag from her and slung it over his shoulder to join his.

     “We knew they would sooner or later.” Sara shrugged. “You don’t have to struggle with both mine and your own bag Jo.” Sara said as she tried to make Jo give her bag back.

     “I know I don’t, but I want to.” Jo smiled. “Now back to the men in black. They had a run in with this Spike; Prue was telling us about last night.” Jo added looking worried again.

     “Did he kill any of them?” Sara asked looking more worried herself now.

     “Not from what Mike’s been able to find out so far. He had a woman with him, and they did a real number on the team by all accounts.” Jo explained. “From what Mike and I have been able to work out from the internal emails we’ve read so far, he was trying to find you, or the red headed version.” Jo added, not wanting to just come right out and call Sara the Slayer.

     “I’m pretty sure I’m safe for the time being then Jo.” Sara shrugged off his worry. “If they knew where I lived, or even who I am, they would have acted on it before now.” Sara pointed out.

     “I just think we need to be careful until you get your abilities back.” Jo said, not happy with the way Sara was playing down the threat this Spike and his girlfriend posed for her and Sheana.

    Sara’s main problem at the minute was just getting over her first period, just like Sheana. Neither girl expected Jo to understand just how they felt at the minute. It was bad enough being without there powers, but add in the way there bodies felt bloated and yucky. Neither girl could care less about the men in black picking fights they would never stand a chance of winning.

     “Let’s just focus on getting through the school day shall we?” Sara said as she started walking, she actually liked the idea of Jo carrying her school bag for her. “I have no plan to suit up until after this monthly curse is over, so there is very little chance of either the MIB’s or spike finding this Slayer they both seem so eager to face.” Sara added as she put her arm through Jo’s and enjoyed the feel of being protected that he offered her.

    Jo couldn’t argue with Sara’s logic, so he let out a sigh to relax himself as he walked with his girlfriend clinging to his arm like he was her protector. This made Jo feel better about himself, even if it was only for a couple of days.

    Sheana had done the same with Mike as they followed close behind. Sheana was feeling lost without her magic, but it was nice to see Mike stepping up and playing the protective boyfriend, as he wrapped an arm around Sheana and pulled her closer and he took her school bag off her and threw it over his other shoulder, just like Jo had done with Sara’s. Sheana looked into Mike’s eyes and saw Michelle smiling back at her in those beautiful eyes he had.

     “You’ll get through this Sheana.” Mike smiled just before leaning in for a quick kiss. “I’ll do all I can to help you.” Mike added when they broke the kiss.

     “Thanks for that Mike.” Sheana smiled, feeling a little better already. “I wish I could spend the day with Michelle though, and just sit eating more of that chocolate and watching funny things on the TV.” Sheana added with a sigh as she rested her head on Mike’s shoulder.

     “I wish Michelle could do those things with you as well.” Mike said with a sigh.

    Sheana knew how Mike felt about being his male form, and how he’d love to take the ring off that keeps him looking that way, so Michelle could be the one walking down the road with her right now.

     “I’m sure we’ll find a way for you to do that one day Michelle.” Sheana said as she lifted her head to whisper it in his ear.

    Mike smiled as he turned his head and stole another kiss from Sheana while they walked down the road towards school.

     “This doesn’t look good.” Jo said as they got closer to the school and saw a couple of police cars parked up out on the road. As they got to the school gated they saw a couple of police escorting Susan Hopkins off the school grounds with her screaming and begging to be left to carry on doing what she’d been caught doing in the first place.

     “Let me go! He needs me to finish putting up the poster for her to find!” Susan was screaming while fighting to break free from the police holding her.

    The thing that shocked Sara was the same thing that shocked all the other students. Susan was dressed in some perverts idea of what a school girl should look like, and not in the school dress code uniform.

     “Do you think she finally picked on the wrong student?” Jo asked as she was led past them still screaming to be left alone to carry on putting up the posters. Susan Hopkins was the girl that Sara stopped from picking on Kimmie, and then got in trouble with the gym teacher for hitting balls at her and Sheana.

    Sara looked worried as she watched the wild eyed crazy looking girl get dragged past her. Sara started to worry that her and Sheana might have pushed her over the edge with the magic and the inhuman abilities Sara had.

     “She just turned up to school dressed like that and started sticking up blank A3 sheets of paper all over school.” Another student said after hearing what Jo had said. “She slapped a teacher across the face when he tried to stop her. Just kept saying he said she couldn’t stop until all the posters had been put up all over the school. Something about he needs to get a message to the Slayer.” The boy added with a chuckle.

    Sara suddenly looked worried again as she started pulling Jo along with her, so they could go and find one of the blank posters and see if it had any clue as to what the message was. Sheana and Mike had heard what the student just said, and were also following close behind as Sara went in search of a poster. It didn’t take them long to come across one.

     “Why would someone want her to put up all these blank pieces of paper?” Jo asked as he looked at a wall covered in them.

    Sara and Sheana didn’t look as puzzled as Jo and Mike did. They could both read the message printed on the poster just fine.

     “Can you read this sis?” Sheana asked as she realised the message had been written using magic, so only someone like her or Sara would be able to read it. Sheana thought it was a clever way to draw out the Slayer. The thing that had Sheana worried though, was the message Spike had left for the Slayer.

     “Yes, I can read it just fine.” Sara said looking worried and sounding angry and scared at the same time.

     “There’s a message wrote on these posters?” Mike asked in a whisper as he looked around to make sure they were far enough away from everyone else to be able to talk about it. “Wait before you answer that.” Mike said as he pulled his mp3 player out his pocket and pushed a couple of buttons on it before nodding for Sara and Sheana to carry on talking. Mike had turned up the power on his device for blocking all signals around them to make sure the MIB’s couldn’t hear what the two girls had to say, or now see them for that matter.

    Sara found herself thinking she was Glad Mike/Michelle was on her side, looking at how handy he/she was when it came to computers and all things electronic. Mike had made them all these little devices, but it looked like Mike had been playing with his to boost the power output to cover a much greater distance.

     “So what does it say?” Jo growled under his breath as he kept looking around for any sign of them being approached by another student. “How come Mike and I can’t read it?” Jo asked as he squinted at the blank pieces of paper.

     “The reason you can’t read it is because it’s been written using magic, so only someone like me or Sara would see it, or someone from the supernatural world like a demon or vampire.” Sheana explained. “You can’t respond to his request Sara. Not as you are at the minute.” Sheana added as she looked at her sister still reading the message over and over again.

     “What does it say?” Jo asked again with anger in his voice at being kept in the dark.

    Dear Slayer or whatever your real name is.

    If you’re reading this, then you saw what I did to the child I got to deliver my message. Please don’t worry yourself with her well being, for she will be fine again in a day or so, and won’t remember ever helping me deliver this to you. I wish I could say that all the other children will be as safe, but that will all depend on you.

    Meet me tonight at midnight, in the same place I saw you stake the two vampires, so I can have a chat and find out a little more about you and why you seek to kill my kind.

    If you fail to show this evening, then I will kill one child tomorrow, then two the next day, and three the day after that, and so on and so on until you finally show up, or I run out of children.

    I look forward to meeting you at midnight.

    Spike

    Sara read the poster out to mike and Jo.

     “You can’t be seriously thinking about showing up this evening Sara!” Jo said when he saw the look in her eyes. “You’ll be no match for him without your slayer powers.” Jo pointed out looking scared for her.

     “Did you just hear what I read out Jo?” Sara asked in an angry whisper. “He’s going to kill a fellow student if I don’t show up, then he will kill two the next day and then three. I don’t see as I have a choice.” Sara added as her shoulders slumped.

     “You need to call Hypatia and explain everything to her, I’m sure she’ll be able to call him off.” Jo suggested.

     “I plan to later when I get home after school, but until then, I have to look at it as though I’ll be going to meet this Spike at midnight.” Sara said with a sigh as she pointed at the poster, or blank paper to everyone else but Sheana.

     “How did he know to leave a message here at the school for you? Do you think he knows you’re a student here?” Mike asked in a whisper.

     “I doubt it Mike. He refers to him killing a child, more like the slayer is older and protector of all the children at the school, not one herself.” Sara said as she looked at the magical text on the posters again. “My guess would be he got one of the men in black to spill the beans on them staking out the school looking for me, and this Spike thought it a good place to start with.” Sara added as she felt the cramps in her belly get worse due to the stress of this latest move against her, and at such a bad time, not that there could ever be a good time for this sort of thing.

    Before Sara had time to say much more, they were herded away from the posters and into the school to start the day now Susan had been taken away for questioning. Sara knew it was going to be a long day, but she wasn’t in any great rush to face this vampire called spike, not without her slayer strength anyway. She found herself hoping that Hypatia might have some sort of idea as to how she could face him, but not end up with it turning into a fight to the death.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Sara is in a real preserved cucumber

She has to show up or maybe she has to pretend to show up I would suspect. I am hopeful that this monthly power loss is only temporary once it is clear she is not going to have a Slayer-sized case of PMS.

I think she will really have to have some allies for this one.

Kim

I've got a question

I love the story, but I wondered about something in this chapter. If Mike's true form is now Michelle, wouldn't she get periods? Perhaps Sheana's spell to make her Mike half of the time delays that? I'm not truly female (Darn it!) but as I understand it, a period is very important to a female's health. I may just be totally wrong, it just popped into my head when I read the part with Mike and Sheana.

Wren

Here's your answer Wren :)

Hugs Wren.
In answer to your question. Yes Michelle will have a period, but she's not been a girl quite as long as Sara and Sheana yet, so she has it to look forward to. It will be part of the story yet to come, but I didn't want to look rude by not answering your question :) Please keep reading and all will become clear in an upcomming episode.

Hugs, love and happy reading :)

SaraUK

Another great chapter, damn

Another great chapter, damn Spike is evil, hope Hypatia can suggest a way to help, I thought Sara and co would have chance to recover but it seems dear ol' Spike has other plans. I hope Prue doesn't get involved, for Spike to have lived so long means he has to be powerful, I would be gutted if Prue ended up dead trying to cover for Sara.

Looking forward to more, I wonder what's happened to Karl, is he a vampire now?

Thanks for sharing Sara.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Just had a thought I wonder

Just had a thought

I wonder if at some point when her powers return will Sara read someone's thoughts and find someone who's struggling with gender like she was, having the ability to mind read is all well a good when you don't have to feel or hear the despair in others minds. If Sara comes accross someone in such pain she'll want to help.

Maybe she'll discover Susan has been fighting her attraction to Kimmie by bullying her, maybe getting Susan to come out will make her a BFF for Sara.

Looking forward to what might happen next.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I think this is a problem for

I think this is a problem for Hypathia or the MIB to solve... Hypathia can't seriously let Sara play slayer when she's like this - I think she could intervene... There is no way that killing children will help the peace she's trying to preserve.
She should just go out and put that Spike guy down.

Ah and the joys of periods... I wonder if she'D thought about that issue when she signed on the girl team ^^ Probably not. The only one that I pity is Sheanna, she wanted nothing of this and has to live with all the problems. Poor girl.

thank you for writing this captivating story, I can't wait for the next chapter,
Beyogi

Share

Sheana shares Sara's hearth so I don't think Sara's escapades will be a problem for her.

I didn't mean her escapades,

I didn't mean her escapades, I mean the fact that Sheanna is essentially a f2m transsexual... or something like that. She shouldn't be too thrilled to have periods, but the very deadly problems they have would probably worry her more.
On the other hand, witch and savior can have a fallout. Apparently that happened to Merlin and Arthur.