You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 08

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 8

     Danielle suddenly felt alone and scared now that Lianna had left the room and she was now left looking at a room full of people she knew very little about. Danielle found herself backing up to where her new mum was stood with Amy. She felt better when she saw Mandy’s arms wrap around her in a protective way. Danielle looked up and saw her mum smile back down at her, and she felt much better.

     “So you must be Danielle then young lady?” Mr Stanman asked as he leaned on his desk and looked the girl up and down as she was cuddled up to her new mother looking scared.

     “Yes Sir, I’m Danielle.” She nodded her head up and down. “I’ve never been good with school Sir.” Danielle warned the headmaster.

     “Yes your father was telling me before you arrived that you tend to run away from them.” Mr Stanman said with a raised eyebrow. “I don’t normally tolerate that sort of thing here, but given the school you were placed in, I can’t say I blame you for playing hooky.” Mr Stanman chuckled.

    Danielle and most the room looked at Mr Stanman with shocked looks on their faces. “Should you be saying things like that in front of the child?” Mandy asked with some anger in her voice.

     “No Mrs Wayne, but with that school it’s true.” Mr Stanman frowned. “It’s more like a prison prep school than a place for normal education.” He added with a huff in his voice.

    Mr Stanman was typing on his computer as he spoke to them. “Let’s see what education they managed to teach you when you did go.” He said as he pulled some info up on the screen. “Why am I not surprised at that.” He said with a frown.

     “Problems?” Carl asked.

     “Nothing I wasn’t expecting Carl. It looks like their filing system is all messed up at that school.” Mr Stanman said as he let out a sigh. “Their system is telling me that you’re a young troubled boy, and I can see that’s wrong to start with. I don’t think they have the brightest staff working at that school.” He chuckled some more.

     “If you can’t get at the info, will you be able to enrol her in the school still?” Carl asked, not happy with all the messing around.

     “She’s already enrolled Carl.” Mr Stanman said. “I was just trying to find out what level of education she’d got so we could best place her in the right classes.” He explained.

     “Will you be able to get the information any other way?” Carl asked.

     “If it was any other school I’d say yes, but with that place, I doubt it. The best thing we can do is give Danielle some standard tests for someone her age and see what marks she gets, and then we can place her in the right classes to suit her needs.” Mr Stanman told them.

     “When can she sit and take these tests? I want to get her back into school or some form of education as soon as possible.” Carl asked.

     “I can set her up with most of the tests today, so we can work out what level of education she’s reached.” Mr Stanman pointed out. “Will she be able to stop for the day so we can give her the tests?” He asked as he looked at first Carl, and then Mandy.

     “Will she be okay here in school on her own” Mandy asked looking just as worried as Danielle now looked, to be the one left behind.

     “Mrs Wayne, Danielle is in one of the safest places she could be.” Mr Stanman reassured Mandy. “It would be a great help if we could do the tests, so we don’t have to trust what that other place thinks.” He added, not even bothering to call it a school.

     “Will you be okay to stop and do the tests sweetie?” Mandy asked as she turned Danielle around and crouched down to look her in the eyes.

    Danielle nodded her head up and down trying to look brave, but the look in Danielle’s eyes said she was anything but brave. “I’ll be fine mummy, but what do I do about lunchtime?” Danielle asked.

     “I’ll get Miss Wren to come and get you, so you can spend it with Lianna and her sister.” Mr Stanman reassured her. “Lianna will also be in the library for some of the afternoon while her sister has gym.” Mr Stanman added with a smile.

     “That will be exciting for you then sweetie.” Mandy smiled, feeling better that Danielle won’t be on her own at lunchtime. “Uncle Brad will pick you up with the others at home time and bring you home again.” Mandy added.

     “Do you need any money for your lunch Danielle?” Carl asked as he got his wallet out ready to give her some money.

     “The school will sort that out for her Carl.” Mr Stanman said as he pulled a credit card out his draw and handed it over to Danielle.

    Danielle looked at the card and saw it had the school crest on it and also said it was a VIP lunchtime pass. “What do I do with this Sir?” Danielle asked as she held the card up.

     “Just take it to the dining room and get whatever you want for your lunch, and then hand it over to the dinner lady at the counter and she’ll swipe the card through the machine and it will log what you had to eat for your lunch.” Mr Stanman explained how it worked. “Normally your parents would be charged then at the end of each month, but as you’re a special guest of the school today, then it will be the schools little treat this time.” He added with that same kind smile.

    Danielle smiled at the idea of just letting the school buy her lunch for her while Mr Stanman made a call and they waited for Miss Wren to come in and get Danielle sorted out with the first test she’d be taking that day. Miss Wren entered the room and then took Danielle to the library after Mr Stanman explained what they needed Danielle to take tests in.

     “All those tests will take a couple of days to get through Sir.” Miss Wren pointed out. “Will she be able to come into the school tomorrow as well?” She asked as she looked at Mandy and Carl for an answer.

     “I can’t see any problem with that Miss Wren. Can you my dear?” Carl asked as he looked at Mandy.

     “No that will be fine, but will she be okay to use the VIP lunch card again tomorrow?” Mandy asked as she looked at Danielle still looking at the posh looking credit card in her hand.

     “Yes she will be fine to use the card again tomorrow as well.” Mr Stanman said with a wave of his hand to dismiss any worry Mandy might have had. “After all that you and Carl have done for the school, it’s the least we can do in return.” He added.

    Carl had provided the school with a new gym and pool, as well as three new minibuses just like the one Brad used to ferry the kids back and forth from the two schools they all went to. Craig, Richard and Nicole all went to a middle school at the minute, but would all be starting here at this school after the summer holidays.

    Miss Wren smiled as she offered Danielle her hand so she could lead the scared looking girl to the library so she could start the tests. Danielle was a little surprised when Miss Wren sat her down in front of a computer and loaded up an English test for her to do.

     “I’ll be back in half an hour to see how your doing Danielle. The test gives you forty five minutes to complete the test, but most can do it in half an hour.” Miss Wren said as she walked away.

    Danielle started reading the questions on the screen and was soon answering most of them easily. She lost all track of time and had just answered the last question when Miss Wren walked back into the room just off from the main library.

     “All finished?” Miss Wren asked with a smile. “Do you want to move onto the next one, or take a ten minute break before you start that one?” She asked.

     “Can I take a ten minute break please Miss Wren?” Danielle asked as she stood up and stretched her legs for a bit.

    Miss Wren let Danielle take a break before she sat her back down in front of the computer with a mathematical test. This test went on until Danielle got a certain number of questions wrong. Danielle realised that she’d been sat answering questions for nearly an hour and a half before it finally stopped her.

     “Math’s don’t seem to bother you Danielle.” Miss Wren said as she saw her final score and made a note on some papers she had with her.

     “What’s the next test Miss Wren?” Danielle asked.

     “It’s nearly lunch time so I’ll walk you down to the dining room so you can meet up with Lianna and her sister for now Danielle. I’ll let you sit and read after dinner with Lianna while she’s in the library, then I’ll give you one more test while Lianna goes to her final lesson of the day.” Miss Wren told her.

     “Okay Miss Wren, but what will the test be on?” Danielle asked, hoping to be able to read up on it while she kept Lianna company after lunch.

     “The final test for the day will be on history, but don’t worry about doing to good on it. This is just to check the level of knowledge you have on the subject.” Miss Wren said as she walked Danielle to the dining room.

    Danielle never realised how hungry she was until Miss Wren walked her into the dining room and she was hit in the face by a wall of amazing smells. “Wow! This place looks more like a restaurant than a school canteen.” Danielle said as she looked around at all the food on offer.

     “Don’t let the staff hear you call it a canteen Danielle.” Miss Wren giggled. “They take great pride in being able to offer real eatable food for the students.” She whispered in Danielle’s ear. “Feel free to go and help yourself or you can stand off to one side and wait for Lianna and Lauren to get here and they can show you how to get served.” Miss Wren said with a smile.

     “I think I’ll wait for Lianna and the others to get here, and then eat with them Miss Wren.” Danielle said as she stepped out the way to wait.

     “Okay dear, but I’m going to get mine before the stampede starts and all the good stuff is gone.” Miss Wren grinned as she grabbed a tray and started walking around the different sections putting her meal together.

    Danielle stood and watched Miss Wren get her lunch and had a pretty good idea of what she needed to do when Lianna and the others arrived in the dining hall. It wasn’t long before other students started turning up and getting their lunch. Danielle watched a couple of well dressed students enter the dining room and get their lunch before walking over and looking down their noses at Danielle.

     “Look Angela, they’ve started training up the cleaning staff much younger these days.” The first girl said to the one stood next to her.

     “You think they would at least give them a uniform to wear Lilith.” The second girl said as they got closer to Danielle trying to intimidate her.

    Danielle being scared and not knowing what to say or do just looked down at the floor. She was even more scared when she saw even more kids gather just behind the first two, but she was soon looking up and grinning when she heard one of the new kids speak and saw it was Lianna with Peter, Lauren, Jessica, and Jennifer stood with her. There were also seven or eight other kids with them as they all crowded around the two girls that had been poking fun at Danielle.

     “I hope you were just welcoming my new cousin to the school Lilith, Angela?” Lianna said with menace in her voice as she looked the two girls in the eyes from Danielle’s side.

    Lilith and Angela looked puzzled as to whom Lianna was to start with, but their brains must have kicked in because the one called Lilith spoke. “Andr... I mean Lianna?”

     “Yep, in the flesh, so to speak.” Lianna smiled. “Now what were you doing to my cousin?” She asked in a growl.

     “We were just about to ask if she wanted to join us for lunch because she looked lonely stood here all on her own.” Lilith lied.

     “I find that a little hard to believe Lilith, so why don’t you run off and eat your lunch before I make you wear it instead.” Lianna warned the two girls.

     “Just because you dress like a girl now hon, doesn’t make you an instant bitch you know.” Angela said trying to act tough in front of all the others.

     “If I hear of you bothering my cousin again, then I will show you more bitch than you can deal with hon!” Lianna said as she went nose to nose with Angela.

    Danielle had to grin as she watched the two girls almost run away from the group of family and friends now stood around looking at her smiling.

     “Fancy finding you here sis.” Lianna grinned as she saw the look of relief on her face. “I told you we had your back while here at the school.” Lianna added with a giggle.

     “What are you doing here sis?” Lauren asked as she gave Danielle a hug to let her know she was happy to see her, even if it was a shock to walk into the room and find her being set on by dumb and dumber.

     “I’ve been doing tests in the library all morning, and I’ll be there all afternoon and again tomorrow.” Danielle pouted. “My head hurts already from all the thinking.” She frowned.

     “Does this mean they’re going to let you come here as a student then?” Lianna asked looking hopeful.

     “The Headmaster told daddy that I’m already in, but they just need to test my level of education.” Danielle didn’t bother going into details about the records at her old school being broken. She knew what the problem was, but wasn’t going to open that can of worms.

     “We better go and eat then.” Lianna said as she led Danielle over to the dinner line and joined it with the others in their large group. Lauren and Lianna introduced everyone to Danielle and vice versa.

    Danielle said hi to them all and then asked Lianna how her morning had been. “How was your first morning as a girl at school then sis?”

     “All the teachers made me stand up and explain the reason for me being in school dressed like this.” Lianna frowned.

     “She was getting quite good at it by the last period before lunch.” Lauren giggled. “It was like watching one of them girls on the game shows.” Lauren added with even more giggles.

     “Maybe I should try it in the form of an air hostess this afternoon then.” Lianna said with a grin. “The girlie parts can be found here and here.” Lianna said in a bimbo sounding voice as she pointed at her breasts and groin area.

    Their group got looked at as they all burst out in a fit of giggles. “Mother would kill you if she found out you did that in class, but it would be funny to see sis.” Lauren giggled.

    They were soon at the front of the queue and getting what they wanted for lunch before they all found a large enough table to seat them all that was empty. Lianna had kids looking at her, and even some of them came over and wished her luck with it all.

     “Have you had any bad reactions to your new look Sis?” Danielle asked as they ate their lunch, which Danielle thought tasted really good, but not as good as the food back at home. Danielle had to smile when she thought about how good it felt to be able to say that.

     “I’ve had some strange looks and comments under some kids breaths, but nothing I wasn’t expecting.” Lianna shrugged. “The overall response had been good really.” She added with a smile as a couple of girls walked up to her and said she looked nice and they asked where she got her nails done.

    Danielle watched as Lianna spoke with the two girls like she’d been one all her life. Lianna was very animated as she told them about having her hair and nails done the day before, and where she had it all done. Both girls made a note of the address and said they would call in and get their nails done at the weekend while they were in the city shopping.

     “You’ll have Jane paying you commission at this rate sis.” Danielle giggled as another couple of girls asked her about her nails. Danielle and Lauren were soon being dragged into the chat when the two new girls noticed the work they had had done on their nails as well.

    They all finally finished their lunch between students coming over to ask Lianna questions, some of which Lianna didn’t answer, but just blushed a deep shade of red. Lauren, Jessica and Jennifer snapping at some of the students when Lianna blushed. They all decided to give Danielle a tour of the school so she had some idea of where everything was, and how big the school was.

     “How does it compare to your old school Danielle?” Lianna asked as they finished the tour and sat on a bench that had been built around the base of a large tree in the grounds of the school.

     “It makes it look like a concentration camp.” Danielle giggled as she looked around at all the happy faces. All the students liked coming here, not like her old school where they looked like inmates being punished. “I see you still have bullies here though.” Danielle added with a worry in her voice.

     “You talking about Lilith and Angela?” Lauren asked with a giggle.

     “Yes, they look set to make trouble for me if all you hadn’t turned up and stopped them.”

     “Lilith and Angela are all talk, don’t let them bother you sis. They’ll keep well away from you now.” Lauren said with a wave of her hand like it was nothing worth worrying about in the first place.

     “They may try and get you in trouble with the odd teacher still though, but they do that with everyone.” Peter shrugged. “I think even the teachers have learned to take no notice of them now.” He added with a chuckle.

     “Students like that actually exist? I thought you only saw that in the movies or TV shows.” Danielle giggled.

     “Oh they're real dear sister.” Lianna giggled as she wrapped an arm around Danielle’s shoulder and gave her a one armed hug. “We do have fun setting them up, just to watch them run to a teacher. When they bring the teacher back to show them the mess, it’s all been cleaned up, so the teachers now take no notice of them for the most part.” Lianna grinned.

     “And here was me thinking you were a nice girl.” Danielle pouted, but was soon laughing along with the others.

     “I am a good girl.” Lianna pouted back at her. “I was just a little rebellious as a boy though.” She said with a grin.

     “My dear old brother, god rest his soul.” Lauren said it like her brother had died, which in a way he had. “Would join in all the pranks, just to fit in with all the other boy’s.” Lauren explained.

     “Do Aunty Chrissy and Aunty Becky know about any of this?” Danielle asked looking shocked at what she’d just learned about Lianna, or Andrew as it was at the time.

     “Yes our parents know all about it, but just let it slide because they knew he was struggling to fit in as a boy here at the school.” Lauren explained. “But I doubt they will be as forgiving now sis.” Lauren warned Lianna with a stern look.

     “I’ve got no need to try and be something I’m not anymore.” Lianna said with a grin as she looked down at her new school girl look.

    Lauren started squealing as she threw her arms around her sister and hugged her. “I’m glad to finally have my sister out in the world for everyone to see.” Lauren grinned as she gave Lianna a quick peck on the cheek before sitting back up again.

     “I think I’ve got enough to deal with already sis, without them thinking I’m in love with my own sister.” Lianna frowned as she pushed Lauren back so she could sit up properly again.

     “Does that mean you don’t love me anymore sis?” Lauren pouted, but Lianna could see Lauren was trying not to grin as she did it.

     “Yes I still love you sis, just not in that way.” Lianna smiled. “Now Danielle is another story all together.” She added as she threw her arms around Danielle and rested her head on Danielle’s shoulder.

    Danielle felt that warm feeling deep in her chest when Lianna did that, but knew she was just playing around, even if Danielle did wish Lianna really felt that way about her. “Hey! It’s okay for you to play around, but I’m the new girl here, and the last thing I need is for all the other students to think I’m a lesbian.” She giggled as she playfully pushed Lianna away.

    Lianna felt a little hurt to hear Danielle say that for some reason, but she brushed it off and started giggling as she played around with the others in the same way. Lunchtime soon came to an end and they all walked back into the school.

    Lauren and the others all walked with Lianna and Danielle to the library, to make sure they both got there okay, before they all ran off to get to their next class. Lauren had gym, so Lianna was going to be in the library studying for just over the next hour. Lianna wasn’t looking forward to doing this until she found out Danielle was going to be spending the time with her.

     “How do you think you’re doing on the tests so far sis?” Lianna asked in a whisper, so as not to disturb the other students in the library.

     “I did okay on the maths test, but I think English was a disaster.” Danielle whispered back with a frown.

     “What test you doing later?” Lianna asked.

     “Miss Wren said it would be history, but she didn’t say what sort of history. So I’ve got no idea what to study up on.” Danielle let out a sigh as she thought about how little she knew about history in general.

     “I could coach you on what we’ve covered so far, it may help you get a better score.” Lianna offered.

     “That would be great if you could.” Danielle said a little too loud, as she soon found the librarian shushing her, and all the other students looking at her and scowling.

    Lianna giggled as Danielle just started blushing as she sank down in her seat trying to hide from all the looks she was now getting. Lianna was soon up out her seat and shooting off to get a couple of books for Danielle to look through with her. Lianna also got her history notes out for Danielle to look through as well.

    The hour seemed to fly by and Lianna was soon packing up her things and heading off to meet up with Lauren for the next lesson together while Danielle got ready to take the dreaded history test Miss Wren had promised her.

     “Good luck on the test sis.” Lianna said as she hugged her. “Wait for us here at the end of classes and we’ll come to you before going out to see if Uncle Brad’s here to pick us up.” Lianna added with a smile before hugging Danielle again and then running off to her next class.

    Danielle watched Lianna run of down the hallway, but jumped when she heard a booming voice shout. “No running in the hallways young lady!” Danielle spun around to see Miss Wren stood there grinning at her.

     “Sorry about that dear, I didn’t mean to make you jump.” Miss Wren smiled.

    Danielle was thinking otherwise judging by the look Miss Wren had on her face. Danielle thought she took great pleasure in suddenly shouting and making the students jump. By the time Danielle remembered that she’d been watching Lianna walk away, Lianna had vanished around a corner out of sight. Danielle wondered if she’d started running again once she was out of sight. Knowing Lianna, Danielle thought it to be a definite yes.

     “Are you ready for the test then Danielle?” Miss Wren asked with a smile as she led Danielle back to the little room with the computer in it.

     “Can you ever truly be ready for a test Miss Wren?” Danielle asked nervously.

     “Very true dear, a very good answer.” Miss Wren giggled. “Well take a seat and just do your very best Danielle.” Miss Wren said just before hitting the return key on the keyboard and leaving Danielle to start the test.

    Danielle started working her way through the test and smiled when she realised that the help Lianna had given her was really helping her to answer the questions.


*****

    Lianna needed the toilet on the way to meet up with her sister, so she made the detour to the toilet set aside for her to use. Just as she was leaving the toilet after answering the call of nature, she bumped into a couple of her old male friends who had been keeping their distance from her since arriving at the school this morning, and starting classes with her sister.

     “Hi guys” Lianna said in her normal bubbly way, not trying to act like a boy anymore.

     “What happened to you man?” The first boy asked called Simon. “You’re acting so girlie.” He added with a frown.

     “I am a girl Simon, or I will be one day.” Lianna said. “I’m sorry if you feel betrayed by me, but this is the real me.” Lianna added as she held out her arms and let the two boys get another good look at her.

     “This is just so weird.” Ian, the second boy said as he looked at one of his former best friends now dressed and acting like a girl. “Are you sure you’re not being forced, or worse brainwashed into thinking you’re a girl?” He asked in a whisper as he looked around to check for them being spied on.

     “This isn’t some bad Hollywood movie script Ian.” Lianna giggled. “I’ve always felt like I was in the wrong body, and now I’m going to start fixing that. I’m still sort of the same person you both got to know, but this is what I feel like on the inside. I’d like to still be friends with the two of you.” Lianna said looking worried that she’d lose two of her friends over what she was now doing.

     “I can’t believe we never noticed any of it before today man.” Simon said as he ran his hand through his hair looking deep in thought. “I guess you won’t be our fellow prankster anymore?” He asked with a sigh.

     “I don’t plan to be a fellow anything anymore Simon.” Lianna giggled as she looked down at herself in her school uniform. “And stop calling me man or this girl will kick your ass for you.” Lianna pointed out as she poked Simon in the chest.

     “I see some things haven’t changed then.” Ian grinned when he saw the same look in Lianna’s eyes as he’d seem a hundred times in Andrew’s.

     “Sorry Lianna.” Simon said as he held up his hands as a sigh of surrender. “It was just a slip of the tongue.” He added.

    Lianna saw the fact Simon just called her by name, a sign that they could still be friends after all. “Well can we still be friends and hang out while at school?” Lianna pushed.

     “I’m not sure it’s good for our bad boy image to be caught hanging out with a girl.” Ian said as he screwed his nose up like he’d just smelt something nasty.

     “What about hanging with a girl that can beat you up?” Lianna asked as she playfully punched Ian in the arm.

    They all laughed as Ian tried to defend himself from her attack as she punched him a couple more times. Then they had to stop when they saw Miss Wren walk around the corner.

     “What is going on here?” She asked looking angry with Simon and Ian more than she did Lianna.

     “Nothing Miss Wren.” Both boys said at the same time looking scared of just how bad it looked.

     “It didn’t look like nothing to me.” She snapped at them. “Looked like you were picking on Miss Lianna to me.” She added as she finally got to where they were all stood.

     “Please don’t be angry Miss Wren. Simon and Ian were just talking to me, and I started playing around with Ian.” Lianna explained. “They were very good friends of Andrew’s, and were just trying to find out what was going on with me now I’m dressed like this.” Lianna said, hoping to stop the boys getting in trouble.

    Miss Wren looked in the two boy’s eyes and then looked in Lianna’s eyes to see if there was any sign Lianna was being picked on and forced to lie, so she could protect the two boys from getting in trouble for it. Seeing no sign that Lianna was covering for the two boys, Miss Wren relaxed and smiled at them all. “And what do you think to your former friend now dressing like a girl?” She asked.

     “She’s not just dressing like a girl miss, she is a girl.” Simon pointed out as he turned to look at Lianna stood between him and his friend Ian.

     “Can you accept her as a girl then, or am I going to need to keep a close eye on the two of you?” Miss Wren asked with warning in her voice.

     “Lianna is still our friend Miss Wren, so any trouble she has will not be from either of us.” Ian pointed out. “And god help anyone we catch picking on her.” He added with a growl.

     “I hope that means you will come and find a teacher, and not deal with it yourself young man?” Miss Wren smirked, but knew that it was just big talk from one friend for another one.

     “Yes, that’s what I mean Miss Wren.” Ian suddenly said when he realised what he’d said right in front of a teacher.

     “Well you all better get to class.” Miss Wren said as she looked at the time and realised they were all late for their next class. “I’ll walk with you Lianna to your next class.” She added as she placed an arm on Lianna’s back and started walking her down the hallway.

     “Bye guys, talk to you later!” Lianna shouted as she looked back to see Ian and Simon still stood looking at her. They both smiled at her then, just before turning and running off down the hallway.

    Miss Wren was about to shout at them, but thought they needed to run or they would be really late for their class. “Were they really your friends when you were still Andrew, Lianna?”

     “Yes miss. They said that they had been waiting for the right time to talk with me about all the changes.” Lianna told her. “I guess I did a much better job of hiding it than I thought.” Lianna added with a smile.

     “You may have to give some of your old friends a little time to come around to the idea of you wanting to be a girl.” Miss Wren said as they walked.

     “Does what I’m doing bother you Miss Wren?” Lianna asked with worry in her voice.

     “Not at all dear. I think you’re very brave to realise and do something about it at such an early age. I’m sorry if anything I’ve said might have upset you.” Miss Wren said looking a little shocked at the question.

     “You have made it sound like I am just pretending to be a girl, when in my heart I feel I am a girl, and am now starting to do something about it.” Lianna said as she stopped walking and looked up at Miss Wren with a very serious look on her face.

     “I’m sorry for making you feel that way Lianna. I never meant to make it sound like that for a second. It was just a poor choice of words on my part.” Miss Wren said with a bow of her head. “I can see this is who you really are, I’m just not sure how to refer to your two sides some of the time without it sounding a little weird.” Miss Wren explained.

     “I understand Miss Wren, and I’m sorry for thinking what I did.” Lianna smiled. “I’m just a little jumpy about what people say to me at the minute.” Lianna explained.

     “I can understand that my dear.” Miss Wren smiled as she started leading Lianna down the hallway again. “It looks like most your old friends are now your new friends though.” She added with a grin. “Even if you did have to beat them into it.” She giggled.

    Lianna found Miss Wren funny. She’d never taken much interest in any of the teachers before today, but most of them had been okay with her new start at the school. She did get some strange looks from a couple of them, but they were older teachers and both male. They looked at Lianna like she was mad for wanting to be a woman in a man’s world; she thought they were thinking as they looked at her.

    Miss Wren knocked on the classroom door and then entered when she heard the teacher say “Enter!” She had a quiet word with the teacher and then left the room and Lianna stood waiting for the teacher to have a go at her for being late, but the teacher just smiled and waved her hand for Lianna to take her seat so she could carry on with the lesson.

    Lauren looked worriedly at her sister, but relaxed when she saw Lianna smile at her. Lianna got her school books out and started listening to the teacher and even answered a couple of questions as the lesson went on. Lianna was still glad to be finishing, so she could go and see how Danielle got on with her History test.


*****

    Danielle had finished the history test, and even had time to go back and double check a couple of the answers she had given before Miss Wren returned to see if she’d finished.

     “How do you think you did Danielle?”

     “I think I did okay on it Miss, but Lianna gave me a lot of help during the last period when she was in the library while her sister had Gym.” Danielle explained.

     “I’m glad Lianna was able to offer you some help. I’ll let you get off and meet up with Lianna and your other family members then now, so you can go home and relax.” Miss Wren smiled. “Get an early night, you have another busy day of tests tomorrow.” She warned.

     “What will I be tested on tomorrow Miss?” Danielle asked, hoping to get some more help from Lianna and Laruen later at home, so she could test well tomorrow.

    Miss Wren made a list of the four remaining subjects they wanted to test her on, then Miss Wren let her leave the library to go and meet up with her family and head home. Danielle remembered what Lianna had said, so she waited just outside the library for her and the others to come for her. She didn’t have to wait long for Lianna, Lauren, Jessica, Jennifer and Peter to walk around a corner and start running to meet her. Danielle smiled and waved as she saw her new family members smile and wave back as they all ran to see how she’d done in her history test.

    Danielle told them how she thought she did, and she hugged Lianna to thank her for the help in the first period after lunch. Uncle Brad was waiting for them in the silver minibus, so they all jumped in and said hi to him before they left the school and headed for home.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thankyou Sara

you know i look forwards to this story it has great realism and very interesting characters please keep up the great work , as with all your other works i start reading and can't stop .
Thanyou

So whats the can of worms??

is daniella also tg :-) ??

you have planted so much hints and still lets as hanging in the loop..GRRR

and then we must wait every time a bloody week, but still we love your story go on...

But pretty Please don`t let us wait so long....

SHH12

Danielle has a secret

From this part it looks like she is keeping a big secret.

Mr Stanman was typing on his computer as he spoke to them. “Let’s see what education they managed to teach you when you did go.” He said as he pulled some info up on the screen. “Why am I not surprised at that.” He said with a frown.

“Problems?” Carl asked.

“Nothing I wasn’t expecting Carl. It looks like their filing system is all messed up at that school.” Mr Stanman said as he let out a sigh. “Their system is telling me that you’re a young troubled boy, and I can see that’s wrong to start with. I don’t think they have the brightest staff working at that school.” He chuckled some more.

Plus hiding her front from everyone makes me think there is a big secret she is hiding we shall have to wait and see.

Thanks for a great story
Randi

Randi

A good read

Sara ,

Another good read as usual, Liana's friends seem to be excepting her without any drama's.

ROO

I can't stop reading

so please don't stop writing.

Danielle was bullied at the home. If she was also bullied at school, what else went wrong? The school records?

If they told me that Monday came after Sunday, I'd ask for a second opinion.

Thanks Sara,

A great story and most enjoyable,but perhaps Danielle does have a secret,we shall just have to wait and see.

ALISON

Yah know I am sick and tired of people always saying

.... that this is a man's world, as was mentioned in this story. I just wonder why women just put up with the shit even if the 'sex is good'. Now I hear men always complaining about 'reverse prejudice' due to women taking back ownership of who they are instead of kowtowing to the arrogant demands of men. Witness the rant of Rush Limbaugh.

I say again, when time comes when women have the economic wherewithal to support their own family without relying on a man to help out, we will get more freedom for women.

Oh thank you Sarah for all this and trying to show that some men seem okay. To me they are just a necessary evil no matter how pretty they are.

Kim