FPI -- Frilly Pantied Investigator (first scene)

Printer-friendly version



FPI -- Frilly Pantied Investigator

Copyright 2007 by Heather Rose Brown

Recently, my unpredictable muse presented me with an interesting concept for an action/adventure type story. I came up with a really neat title image, got a first scene, then ... nothing. Well, not actually nothing. I do have a feel for where the story might go and a vague idea of whodunnit, but no real story. I'm hoping someone else might see what I have so far and maybe have some suggestions on how to get from here to the end of the story. Here's to hoping!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I had spread a brand new box of crayons around my coloring book and was trying to decide if I wanted My Little Pony's mane to be orchid or lavender when I heard the faint but unmistakable scritch of someone picking the locks to my apartment. More out of instinct than any specific plan of action, I quietly rolled towards my bedroom door, slid into a standing position, flattened myself against the wall, and switched off the light.

A moment later, the brief jangle of the security chain told me whomever was trying to break in had managed to pick both the main lock and the deadbolt a lot more quickly than any amateur could manage. Reaching under my skirt, I silently cursed the layers of crinoline before I found my weapon in the holster strapped around my carefully shaved thigh.

On the one hand, wearing a gun under a frilly, baby blue party dress felt odd ... even odder than wearing the dress. On the other hand, years of service in the Bureau had made carrying a weapon second nature to me; I felt naked without it. Up until a year ago, the Federal Bureau of Investigation had been my life. Before I could really start getting seriously bitter about my forced "retirement", the sharp snick of a chain being cut quickly brought my attention back to the present.

The door creaked noisily as it opened. It was a creak I had purposely fostered for just such an occasion. Light flooded the entry hall, followed by a shadow. It was the invader's first real mistake. My heart thumped under my ribcage as the shadow approached.

I held my breath when it paused outside the bedroom door and hoped the thunder of my pulse hadn't been heard. The mother-of-pearl handle was beginning to feel slick in my sweaty grip. Just as the invader began moving again, I reached around the door frame, grabbed what felt like a handful of collar, and yanked hard.

Before he could react, I slammed him against the door and shoved my weapon in his face. Yes, I said he and his. The hair and body language suggested female, but the general shape I could see under his heavy overcoat said male. At that particular moment, I was too pissed to be politically correct. "Okay buddy," I whispered, "you're seriously cutting into my playtime. Tell me who you are and what you're doing here before your neck winds up enjoying a pleasant breeze."

My captive mumbled incoherently around a mouthful of steel. Realizing my mistake, I pulled the muzzle back a few inches. "Okay, try that again."

"Richard ... is that really you?"

I lifted the muzzle a few inches and pressed it against his forehead. "I'm the one asking the questions. Let's try it one more time. Who are you?"

"D-Don't you recognize me? It's your old boss, Barry."

I took a second look and realized he was telling the truth. My former supervisor went cross-eyed as I released the safety. "You're not giving me a very good reason to not blow your head off."

"Please, I n-need your help."

"After the crap you put me through, you've got the nerve to come asking for help? Why the hell should I?"

"J-just. ..." Barry paused and closed his eyes. "Just open my coat. It'll explain everything."

I undid the top two buttons. Underneath I found a pink peter-pan collar trimmed in white eyelet lace. "Okay," I said as I reset the safety and took a step back, "you've got my attention."

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I don't know

I don't know Heather but you certainly had me chuckling while I was reading. Sometimes the bit and pieces left by our muses drives us mad because they don't add up to a story. Sometimes we can sew the cotton-picking things to together to make a tale but... sometimes not so much. All I can say is I love the start :)
hugs
grover

Oh this is going to be fun

Rachel Greenham's picture

Just when we were wondering what to do after Urban Renewal ended...

FPI

Can I please have a large glass of whatever you are drinking????!!!

Ok, to paraphrase what they say on a well-known British television programme - "You've started so I'll be interested to see how you finish!"

One word to describe it so far?

INTRIGUING!

Susie

Heather, it is elementary....

Heather,
It seems quite clear from the target that Jezzi and her "Vain Girls" have become transvestic terrorists. Jezzi,the "Osama" of this new weapon now strikes fear into the hearts of all able bodied Republican males. No male is safe, not even FBI middle management, evidently.

After the kidnapping and makeover, your femme profile is on "My Space" and the video of the feminized victim servicing studly men is on "YouTube". Dick Cheney, who thought he was getting yet another bypass surgey has DDD boobs and is dancing in Vegas. Well, its a place to start?

Cute story line and don't mind me.

Gwen

Gwen Lavyril

Gwen Lavyril

Thank you!

Thank you for your feedback, everyone! It was definitely an interesting shift doing an action/adventure type scene. I'm glad you were able to get a chuckle, Grover. Even though it may be a bit darker than I'd usually go for, I was trying to include a bit of humor in this story.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to add to this story. Bit's and pieces are still simmering in my head and I may post more if anything resembling a story develops. It'd be a real challenge for me to try putting out chapters out as often as Erin did with Urban renewal.

*offering Susan a fizzling glass of grapefruit flavored beverage*

Here ya go! It's called Squirt. I dunno if it has anything to do with this story, but it is what I was drinking when I wrote it. :)

I haven't read Jezzi's "Vain Girls" but I think I'll look for them and see what they're about. I hadn't really considered including tg terrorist or a large scale conspiracy, but it is an interesting idea. Kidnapping kinda goes in a different direction than I had been thinking, but it is an interesting idea too.

There definitely won't be anybody "servicing" anybody in my story. I realize there's plenty of folks who enjoy that and it's cool with me, but it isn't the kind of story I like writing. *shrugging* I hope the lack of sex won't stop people from reading my story, if I do find a way of continuing it.

Okay, I'm definitely starting to get some more ideas. Don't know what, if anything, they will add up to. Stay tuned and find out!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Heather Rose Brown
Author of Bobby's Rainy Day Adventure

Ah yes, Squirt

The secret ingrediant is the ester of wood rosin.

Maybe ODing on the soda explains this story?

Quirking and interesting. Why is the ex-FBI in a child's dress and why is his ex-boss? The forced retiree is probably because he feels comfortable that way and it's necessary to his type of private investgation but the ex boss? Blackmail or has he been brainwashed and complelled to do this to extort a *favor*?

Good luck with this, could be inventive. SAm Spade in a sundress and mary janes?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Oh, Heather

You really are too sweet. I did not expect you to actually entertain my little stream of consciousness, but such is the earnest nature of the sweet folks here. Besides, Dick Cheney actually has DDD already to match his chin,chin,chin. Also, unlike Washington, I think that Nevada has standards the prostitutes have to meet? I resisted using "Dickless Cheney", that was just too easy, well there is bird shot for that too, I suppose? :)

You are really a love Heather and I mean that.
Gwen
Gwen Lavyril

Gwen Lavyril

"My Little Pony" in 2007? Oh

Daphne Xu's picture

"My Little Pony" in 2007? Oh my, what foresight.

"My captive mumbled incoherently around a mouthful of steel." What's the matter? Can't you talk with a gun in your mouth? (Sean Connery, "The Untouchables")

So the opening scene came out in 2007, and the third chapter in 2019? That's about my pace of writing.

-- Daphne Xu

Writing FPI

As much as I love this story, it's definitely been difficult to write. I think part of it is because it's a bit different than the stories I've written before. But the challenge of that difference has also made writing it lots of fun! :)