Sweet Dreams-29...Oh Crap! WTF?

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-29…Oh Crap! WTF?

Chapter 29

If your life flashes before your eyes I fucking protest. Who said Slipknot could produce the video for my life?

The Drive-By… with my Daddy…I was little and I was on my big wheel just going down the alley and Daddy was there watching my from the bar’s red fire door smoking and talking to these guys that’d come up and they’s like do this secret handshake and stuff.

~Huh…looks like a hand off, seems like Dad was a dealer.~

He was still a good Daddy...Dad as far as I can remember, took care of me and he would play with me and my Happy meal toys and I think that he loved animal crackers.

I remember shot glasses of apple juice with him or milk.

I remember him arguing with these mean looking black guys a lot.

I remember that one pulled a gun and aimed it at me and Mom? She looked so different back then…still like a stripper but healthy? She yanked me inside the bar and she covered me with her body.

I remember not being allowed to look but I ran upstairs anyway and saw Daddy beating the black guy so bad that he couldn’t get up and he took the gun and pointed it at his two friends and telling them to get the eff out of here and to never come back.

It was those two guys in the Black Pontiac with the shotgun…

I remember Daddy turning when we were coming back from the store and him seeing them…they swore…then two shiny black barrels side by side and the biggest boom I ever heard and Daddy dropped to his knees and covered me.

There was so much blood!

Like the blood in the eggs.

I ruined the eggs.

Cliff is going to freak and fucking beat me again.

Cliff…

The stepshit…

Stickpins and cigarette burns, holding my hands in scalding dish water, just out and out punches sometimes and kicks.

“Don’t bother he can wear your old shit, he’s a little fag.”

Fag.

Fag.

Me…

Alex…

Jen screaming and outing me.

Cliff… “Merry Jew-day here want a candy?”

No…it doesn’t taste like candy.

Too smooth, but I was just a little kid.

“Bite…”

“Bite…”

“Bite you little fucker!”

The slap up under my jaw, then one across my face…blood, mouthfuls and mouthfuls of blood.

Mom…

Drunk all the time.

Glass pipe in her mouth all the time.

Laughing, screaming, and swearing as she’s scratching holes in herself.

Her…hot wax, hugging me spooning me, holding me, cuddling with me.

Slamming my head into the floor, or the drywall.

How in the fuck am I still alive?

Maybe I’m better off this way…?

……………………………….”HUNTER!”

“Hunter! C’mon wake up! Come on!”

“Alex?”

“Yes, yes baby it’s me c’mon?”

“You’re real?”

“Yes I’m real, I’m real and I love you!”

“Here.” Stern demanding voice…. “Adam…”

“Dad…”

“Give her to me and shut up and drive.”

“Dad?”

“Now Alexander.”

I feel arms passing me to other arms and my eyes are all blurry and I hear Adam barking orders. He has me in his arms? “April! Take my car and meet us at the hospital!”

I’m trying to see but things are blurry.

I feel that I’m getting into the back seat and that we’re driving really fast.

“Ugh…I hate driving fast.”

“Shush…” Adam telling me to shush.

“I’m sorry…” I whine…”See…”

“See what?”

“You were right…”

“I’m not always right Hunter.”

“You were right about me…”

“I can’t be right about you; I don’t even know you yet.”

“But…but I’m not a girl……oooow!” I’m trying to cry, my body wants to cry but I’m all stuffy and all I can taste is blood and I start gagging.

He rolls me over and I’m horking my guts up in the back driver’s side foot place right behind Alex.

“Oh………God……..I’m sorry…I’m…sorry….”

I’m crying again and there’s more blood dripping into the puke.

“Faster Alex…run those lights.”

I’m almost seeing the accident that I’m imagining that we’re going to be getting into. I feel Adam leaning in beside me.

“You’re not dying…you got that? You’re not, you’ve been staying under my roof, you live under my roof and you have to follow my rules…and you’re not allowed to die. I not fucking finished with you yet.”

“But…but…I’m…I’m not worth it….” I’m sobbing and coughing and still bleeding…retching too….there was something that came out with the last cough through my nose ick, really ick and clotted looking.

There’s the car moving and the screech of tires then we’re stopped and I can hear Alex yelling for help…

Adam leans into me as he’s picking me up to carry me again.

“I don’t know why you came here to us; I don’t know how you do it but….”

(Sniffle-cough-ow.) “B...but?”

“But I’m not letting you go….you mean too much to this family.” He does this quick wipe of tears then scoops me up and carries me inside or rather to where they’ve got the stretcher and all these people in scrubs and stuff and these way too bright phlorescent lights and I’m being put on the stretcher and their running me to someplace and it gets all hectic, busy and dizzy.

They push both Alex and Adam out of the room with all these people. I get jabbed with a needle.

“C’mon Hunter don’t fight us?”

Fuck that they stuck me with a needle! Uncool!

I hit someone.

“Jesus that hurt get her restrained…”

People jump me and I’m back home and in my old school and I fight until another jab and they stay on me until I sag and can’t move…oh…oh..I haven’t felt this stoned in a long time and the way too bright lights get this rainbowy thing around their edges and the people coming in and out of the light are dark and shadowy.

“Shit! What the hell she’s bleeding again…?!”

“What the hell is that…get some more light here.”

“Is that glass? I can’t tell someone call plastics and radiology…lets get her calm and stable…what ever this is it’s digging in when she tenses and her blood pressure spikes.”

“Hunter…”

“Hunter…”

“Uhn…wa…”

“We’re going to take care of you…you’re going to be okay…just relax and breath.”

“Okay…are they okay?”

“I’ll go find out but you really, really need to relax kiddo it’s important.”

“Stress kills right doc?”

“Right now yes…especially for you. I’ll go and check on them but we’re going to have to move you around for tests and stuff.”

“Okay…my face hurts.”

“Yeah I imagine it does. I’ll see you soon.”

He left and the other people are doing the medical stuff that medical people do and after no sleep and this…I think that I actually fell asleep.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ouch!

So along with all of her other problems we have a needle phobia or that might simply be her PTSD acting up under the stress. It also sounds as if that bleeding is really serious, but we kind of knew that already.

The real surprise was Adam. Somehow Hunter made the leap and was accepted by him. That's the other side of the coin of all the faults his upbringing brought with it, Loyalty. Once you're one of his, you always are.

Excuse me, I have to go wipe my tears now.
hugs
Grover

More PTSD than a needle phobia...

I'm glad Adam's coming across strong with this part. So glad I put up the tissue alert.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Well, hell,

join the club, I've been doing that virtually every chapter!

Arrrrgh!

This isn't just a Cliff hanger, it is a Cliff, Buddy and Glod hanger. Bailey, I just got to know... FWIW, you have too many excellent series to for me to have a favourite but this has to be one of the best. Not just of you but of the site. More, more.... (please. Forgot my manners there...)

More's on the way Thera:)

i'm really glad that this is hitting all the right notes the support and enthusiasm really helps.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Not a sick ..

But something cliff did to her. And another cliff hanger.
Great story, thanks

Yeah, it was something Cliff did...

I'm writing him and the stuff he's done and I really dislike the guy.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Adam

has contacts an can probably get him hunted down by the police once he fully understands whats going on.

I have done that

Written people I truly hated, almost as if they were real. The hard thing is to keep them, er, real, so that they aren't just ciphers. You are doing that rather nicely...utterly the wrong word.

Thanks Steph:)

Unfortunately the incident with the tree ornament was real and there's a lot of bad things I've seen put into cliff but he's at the same time not OTT with some of the real shitheels out there.

But I get what you mean;)
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

As always this story is

As always this story is awesome, these last few chapters in particular have had me so far at the edge of my seat I feel like i'm sitting a razor blade lol.

Looking forward to finding out what next, I assume the glass was from the time with the step-shit but I guess we'll have to wait n see.

Big hugs and sloppy kisses to you and Jonelle :P

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

That can't be comfy Lizzie:)

Hopefully we'll get you off the razors edge and into a comfy place with hot coffee & chocolate with the next one.
*Great Big Angel Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Thanks For The New Posting

With the high action/emotional state that the series is in now, I appreciate the quick posting of this next chapter. I'm hoping the posting rate will continue until the current crisis is resolved.

OH wow!

Hunter built a family from the shards she found. Adam is fiercely loyal, much like his son and i'm sure April will get the girls sorted out. It will be good for Hunter to get all the wounds of the past looked at and maybe also get some of the PTSD looked at too.
Collapses are scarey, but some good can come out of them.... rebuilding for example.
Love this story more and more Bailey,
Love and hugs,
Moon

Thanks so much Moon:)

You're right sometimes stuff falls apart and it's wrecked other times the whole thing gets shaken up and we can say... "Look, still solid."
*Love and Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I almost couldnt read this chapter

But I'm glad I got through it. Adam deserves kudos here. And now are we going to find out what the heck is going on with her health wise?

DogSig.png

Soon, it'll be soon:)

I'm working on it right now.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Awww

This was a great short chapter. Scary but shows that Adam really does have his good points. I hope so see what happens soon. Alexs ex really freaked out in the last chapter but it seemed like the other girl was ok with everything and really scared for Hunter. Atleast thats the way it seemed to me I hope everything works out for them.

Thank you!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this chapter so soon after the last one!! I've been worrying so much about Hunter.

For me the thing that really stood out this chapter was Adam telling Alex to run the lights given what happened to Alex as a child. If anyone was going to be cautious about driving in a car with Alex, it would be Adam given that. It seems Hunter has really got under his skin by standing up to him and giving him the chance of reconnecting with his son. Also, kudos to Adam for referring to Hunter as 'her' throughout. :-)

Bailey, I was most impressed by the way you wove the glass ornament into the story. Taking something that seemed to stand alone as a scene from Hunter's past to demonstrate what a sh... poo-poo head... that Cliff was and then weaving it into (I'm guessing) something much bigger in terms of Hunter's future. Heck of a way to come out that's for sure!

Thank you for an excellent chapter! :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yeah the scene with Adam telling Alex to run the lights had...

just settled on me as I could see the scene playing out in my head and we get a look at how this is part of the things leading into Powdered Sugar which I'm treating as much as I can as just one of the peaks in the story.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

...Oh Crap! WTF?

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

just what my brain was screaming

Glass?

Jamie Lee's picture

Hunter has glass in her nose? How? Did scum bucket shove some type of glass up her nose or shove her face into a glass object? Besides beating the hell out of her, what else did he do?

Maybe it's time to find this ball of road apple and show him a really good time over a tall bridge.

Hunter is the very first person to go toe to toe with Adam and not flinch. She is the very first person to cut through his BS and tell him how the cow ate the cabbage. She is likely the very first person, in a long time, to show he is needed. She is the first person who has caused him to think about his life and when things started going sideways.

And now, Adam needs Hunter in his life because of how good she is for all of them. It's time to bring something to justice for all its done to Hunter.

Others have feelings too.

Nurses told that

stress my have triggered my stoke I should have died that Brain hemorrhage and 17% mortality rate.