You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 13

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 13

Previously...

    Danielle ran into her bedroom and over to the bed where she’d left the towels, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she was her Aunty Becky stood holding the towels like she was ready to take them into the bathroom. The thing that had Danielle worried was the fact her Aunty Becky was looking down at Danielle’s groin area where her labia should have been, but found herself looking at a penis instead.

    Becky wasn’t as shocked as Danielle thought she would be, but then again this wasn’t the first time Becky had seen a sight like this. The last time she’d seen this was just before Chrissy went in for the surgery to turn her small penis into a clitoris. She looked Danielle up and down, and apart from the small thing between her legs, and even at that it was only a penis of a much smaller child, not someone of Danielle’s age, all Becky could see was a young naked girl shaking with fear. Becky soon got her brain back in gear and looked at a very scared Danielle and said. “I think you’ve got some explain to do.”

And now the story continues...

    Danielle found it too hard to support herself anymore as her legs gave way and she just fell to the floor still naked as she started sobbing. Danielle had been so worried about her new family finding out, but she didn’t want them to find out she was a freak this way. She’d seen the look Becky had in her eyes a thousand times before, add to that the tone of voice she’d just used, and Danielle knew she was in big trouble, and was probably about to be shipped off to yet another foster home.

     “I don’t know how to explain any of it Aunt...” Danielle trailed off, not sure she was still allowed to call her Aunty Becky or not.

    Danielle jumped when she felt something being placed around her shoulders and then pulled around the front as Becky set to work getting her dried using one of the towels off the bed.

     “Stand up and come over to the bed before we have to put you in another bath.” Becky said with a sad smile as she pulled Danielle to her feet and led her over to the bed where she helped her to sit down on another towel why she got the sobbing girl dried.

     “How long did you think you could keep this from us sweetie?” Becky asked as she sat on the bed next to Danielle and pulled her into a hug as she kept sobbing.

     “I was going to tell you, but the more I found out about Lianna, the more I realised that I was different to her.” Danielle got out between sobs.

     “Different in what way Danielle? Have you been taking pills to help you look like a girl?” Becky asked.

     “NO! I am a girl!” Danielle snapped at Becky. “I’ve always felt like something was wrong, then I started to grow breasts, then I knew that I was a girl, but with the wrong bits down there.” Danielle said in a much softer voice as she pointed down to her groin.

     “So you’ve never taken any kind of pills, or been given any vitamins by any of the foster people you stopped with?” Becky asked, still not sure how Danielle could look like a girl apart from the thing between her legs.

     “No ma’am, never.” Danielle said as she looked down at her hands, as she noticed how wrinkled and old they looked at the minute due to the long soak in the bath she just had, she was too scared to look Becky in the eyes and see the look she’d become to use to seeing after all this time.

     “What’s with all this ma’am business?” Becky asked as she lifted her hand to Danielle’s chin and forced her to look her in the eyes. “I’m still your Aunty Young lady.” Becky said in a firm, but motherly way just before she pulled Danielle into a hug again.

     “I didn’t think you’d let me call you Aunty after I lied to you.” Danielle said as she started sobbing again into Becky’s shoulder where she’d buried her head. “Will you send me away like all the other foster people did when they found out?” Danielle asked in a scared voice.

     “No we will not!” Becky said a little too loud as it made Danielle flinch and start sobbing even more. “I’m sorry sweetie; I didn’t mean to make you jump. No we won’t be sending you away, but we will help you to find out just what’s going on with your body.” Becky added as she hugged Danielle even tighter.

     “Do you know what’s happening to me Aunty Becky?” A teary eyed Danielle asked as she looked up at her Aunty with some hope in her eyes that she might have an answer for her.

     “Not yet, but I plan to help you find out.” Becky said as she got up off the bed and set about helping Danielle get dressed so she could take her to see Prue. “You need to get dressed so I can take you to see your nana Prue.” Becky added.

     “Do I have to dress as a boy?” Danielle asked with fear in her voice.

     “Do you want to dress as a boy?” Becky asked as she was just about to hand Danielle the bra and panties she’d picked out to put on after her bath.

     “No, never again.” Danielle said as she shook her head from side to side while pulling a funny face to let her Aunt Becky know she didn’t like that idea at all.

     “Well let’s get you dressed as a girl then.” Becky said with a grin as she carried on handing Danielle the bra and panties. “I’m not sure what the problem is down there Danielle, but to me you are a girl through and through.” Becky said.

    Danielle couldn’t help but smile when she saw that her Aunty Becky was going to help her get to the bottom of the problem with her body and why she had small boy parts, but the rest of her body screamed ‘girl!’.

     “Will everyone else be mad with me for lying to them Aunty Becky?”

     “Maybe a little sweetheart, but they will soon get over it and want to help you.” Becky said as she helped Danielle to get dressed.

    Once Danielle was dressed, Becky led her down stairs and into the kitchen where Holly was looking in a cook book and checking to see if she had everything she needed to make something for dinner.

     “I’m going out mum, and I’ll be taking Danielle with me.” Becky said to Holly.

    Holly knew Becky well enough by now to hear panic in her voice when she spoke, and she could tell that Becky was worried about something. “Where are you going dear?” Holly asked as she closed the fridge door and turned to look at Becky to see what her face did as she answered the question.

     “I need to take Danielle to see my other mother.” Becky said not bothering to lie. “It turns out Danielle has been hiding something from us.” Becky added with a frown as she looked down at Danielle, who was slowly trying to work her way behind Becky so Holly couldn’t have a go at her when she found out about her secret.

    Holly hearing the word secret and the need to go see a doctor made her think that Danielle was pregnant. “Oh god you’re not saying that the poor child is pregnant are you?” Holly said as she started thinking of just how Danielle could have got pregnant.

     “No mum, Danielle isn’t pregnant.” Becky said with a roll of her eyes. “I think Danielle would be happier if it was that.” Becky added with a giggle when she saw a shocked looked Danielle looking around her right at her Nana Holly.

     “What could be worse than being pregnant at fifteen?” Holly asked.

     “Starting to go through puberty as a girl when you have a penis.” Becky more mouthed the word ‘penis’ than said it out loud.

     “What!? You mean she’s like Lianna?” Holly asked as she finally understood what Becky was trying to say.

     “I don’t think so mum. Danielle is developing as a girl without any help from hormones.” Becky explained. “She just has a very under developed boy bit.” Becky added, not wanting to use the ‘p’ word again.

     “You poor thing.” Holly said as she came around the table and went to give Danielle a hug, but Danielle was still being overly cautious so she backed away scared that Holly might want to hurt her. “I only want to give you a hug child.” Holly said when she realised that Danielle was scared of her.

     “Sorry nana Holly.” Danielle stopped stepping away and let her nana wrap her arms around her and pull her into a tight hug. “Everyone has always gotten angry with me in the past, once they found out there was something wrong with me.”

     “Well they're all a bunch of idiots, that’s all I can say.” Holly hugged Danielle even tighter as she said it. “Let them try while I’m around. They’ll see the wrong side of my temper.” Holly added like only a protective nana could.

    Becky had seen Holly lose her temper more than once in the past, and she felt sorry for the fool that pushed her to that point. “We better get going now mum. Will you call Mandy and let her know where I’ve gone and why?” Becky asked as she checked to make sure she had everything she needed in her purse before holding out her hand and smiling at Danielle to let her know everything was going to be alright.

     “Yes ,yes. You just go and help get my granddaughter sorted out.” Holly said as she walked the two of them to the front door and almost pushed them out of it. “I’ll call and let Carl know as well, but I have a feeling he may already know by the time I get hold of him.” Holly pointed out as she remembered the meeting he said he had with the team looking into the adoption and why Danielle hadn’t found a home before now.

     “What will happen to me if Carl and Mandy don’t want me anymore?” Danielle asked close to tears again as she started to panic again.

     “Your mum and dad will always want you Danielle.” Holly said as she bent down to look the scared child in the eyes. “And I don’t ever want to hear you call them anything other than your parents from now on.” Holly added in a firmer tone, but she did give Danielle a little smirk and a wink as she said it.

     “Sorry nana Holly. I’m just not used to people being so understanding and excepting of what I am.” Danielle explained her reason for being so confused over what to call them all, now they knew what she was, or wasn’t as the case seamed.

     “You better get used to it young lady, because you are part of this family now, and we don’t turn our backs on family.” Holly said as she gave Danielle and then Becky a hug before letting them leave the house so she could go and call Mandy and Carl.


*****

    Carl had been busy in meetings most the morning before he finally got to the one he wanted to get to the most, which was the team he’d got sorting out the adoption of Danielle. Carl was sat in his office at the hotel when the team of four people entered looking nervous about something. The team were two men and two women.

     “I’m sorry that I couldn’t meet up with you yesterday, but I had something more important come up to do with another part of my family.” Carl said with a smile as he indicated for them to take a seat over on some couches he had over in one corner of his office. “I hope you have some good news for me people, and I’d also like to find out why the poor child had been bounced around nearly thirty foster homes.” Carl added with an edge of anger in his voice at the thought of Danielle having such a bad life up to this point.

    All four of the team members looked worried now as they looked at each other. None of them wanting to be the one to speak first and put their boss in an even worse mood than he already seemed to be in over this child he wanted to adopt.

    Finally one of the women plucked up the courage to speak first. “I’m not sure there’s an easy way to say this sir, but the girl you call Danielle is actually a boy called Daniel.”

    Carl started laughing like the team were joking with him. “Trust me when I say that the child living with me at the minute is a girl.” Carl soon stopped laughing when he saw that the other four weren’t laughing, or even looked like they were joking for that matter. “There has to be a mistake, did they give you the right file?” Carl asked looking all serious again now.

     “We’ve been having some trouble tracking down all the information on the child, due to all the foster homes he/she had been sent to.” One of the men tried to explain. “We couldn’t find any record of the child ever going to see a doctor either.” He added.

     “The child is a she, so I would appreciate it if you’d refer to her as a female.” Carl said in a firm voice that told the four of them to do as they were told, or look for a new job.

     “Yes sir.” They all said, understanding very well how Carl felt about any and all transgender people.

    Carl was just about to launch into them about finding out just what had been going on with Danielle and how her records could have been screwed up to such a great extent, when all of a sudden his mobile started ringing. He looked to see who it was and looked worried when he saw it was someone calling him from home.

     “I’m sorry but I need to take this.” Carl said just before hitting the answer button. “Hello, is everything alright?” Carl asked.

     “Yes and no.” Holly’s voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “What is it Hol... I’m sorry mother, but I’m in the middle of a meeting with the team that are supposed to be sorting out the adoption, but I’m beginning to think they aren’t suited for this kind of a task.” Carl frowned as he looked at the worried team sat around him.

    Carl was getting so angry over all this trouble with Danielle that he almost forgot himself and called holly by her name, which he’d been warned about. Holly liked to be called mother by all of the adults living in the house, and most of the other adopted family she now had.

     “Would it have anything to do with gender issues by any chance?” Holly asked as she was sure the team had found information about a boy, not a girl. She was going to overlook the little slip Carl almost made with her name.

     “Yes it is, but how would you know any of this?” Carl asked, puzzled that Holly was on the phone saying that Danielle had Gender problems just like the four person team sat around him were saying.

     “Let’s just say Danielle’s been keeping a little secret from us all, but Becky has taken her to see Prue to see if she can shed some light on the problem.” Holly explained. “I think it could be helpful to Danielle if you and Mandy went to help her get it all sorted out, and I’m sure Prue will be able to explain things to you a little better once she’s taken a look at Danielle.” Holly added.

     “Yes Ho... Mother. I’ll head over to Prue’s surgery right away, but I better give Mandy a call and fill her in.” Carl said.

     “You just get yourself over to Prue’s surgery, let me call Mandy and get her to meet you there.” Holly told Carl just before she ended the call so she could then call Mandy and fill her in.


*****

    ;Mandy was stood at the counter trying to do the final check on the changing service orders for the hotel, which wasn’t going well as she was trying not to laugh at Chrissy and Amy while they danced around acting silly to some song playing on the radio they had playing in the shop to help them work better.

     “I really do worry about you two at times. “Mandy giggled as she watched them dancing up and down the shop.

     “We can always make room for one more sis.” Chrissy pointed out with a grin on one of her trips past the counter where Mandy was working.

     “Tempting, but I think I’ll pass.” Mandy said just before her mobile started ringing. Seeing it was Holly, she answered it right away. “Hi mum, is everything okay?”

     “Yes kind of dear, but I was wondering if you could spare some time to meet Becky at your other mother’s surgery.” Holly asked in a calm voice so as not to panic Mandy too much.

     “What’s happened mum?” Mandy asked, panicking anyway. “Is Danielle alright?”

     “Danielle is just fine, but Becky thought it would be a good idea to get her checked out by Prue to make sure.” Holly lied. “I just thought it would make Danielle feel better if one of her parents were there with her when Prue did the check-up.” Holly added in a matter of fact way.

     “Okay then mum, I’ll head over there now and meet up with Becky and Danielle. Thanks for letting me know.” Mandy said as she got her things ready so she could leave as soon as she got off the phone with Holly.

     “Well don’t stand talking to me then child, be off with you.” Holly said just before the phone went dead.

    Mandy couldn’t help giggling at just how quick Holly could end a call. She put her phone in her purse and then explained to Chrissy and Amy about Becky taking Danielle for a check up, and Holly wanting her to go and be with her new daughter while she had it done. Mandy had a feeling that Holly was keeping something from her, but she couldn’t be sure until she got to her mums surgery and saw Danielle for herself.

     “Give Danielle a big hug from me when you see her sis.” Chrissy said.

     “Give her an even bigger hug from me as well.” Amy added with a giggle.

     “I’ll give her one big hug and say it’s from the two of you, how does that sound?” Mandy asked as she walked to the back door of the shop and out into the rear car park where her car was parked.

    Chrissy and Amy couldn’t stand and wave Mandy off because they needed to get back to work and do the final check on the changing service orders before Linda turned up for them from the hotel.

    Mandy was worried about her new daughter, but she still remained focused on her driving as she made her way across to her mum’s surgery to meet up with Becky and Danielle.


*****

    Lianna had been quiet on the trip to school, Lauren thought it was down to her being worried about the reporters being outside the school again, but they had drove in through the main gates without a single person being stood outside the gates. The real reason for Lianna being quiet was because she was busy thinking about Danielle and what she might get up to today while being stuck at home on her own, well without any of the other kids around to hang out with.

     “Miss Lianna!” She heard the teacher shout, sounding unhappy that he’d just caught Lianna starring out the window, and not listening to what he was trying to teach her. “As interesting as it must be looking out the window, I would like it if you’d pay attention.” The teacher barked.

     “Sorry sir.” Lianna said as she focused on what the teacher had to say, not that it was really that interesting to begin with.

    The class finally ended and Lauren had to say goodbye to her sister for an hour or so while she had gym, and Lianna was going to spend some time in the library.

     “Are you feeling alright sis?” Lauren asked looking worried for her sister and her lack of interest in their last class.

     “I’m fine sis.” Lianna smiled as Lauren and a couple of her friends walked Lianna to the library to make sure she didn’t have any trouble from the students still not happy about Lianna going to the same school as them.

     “She’ll be okay you know?” Lauren said all of a sudden, like she could read her sisters mind. “Danielle is use to being on her own sis, so I’m sure she’ll be able to cope without you being around to keep an eye on her.” Lauren added with a roll of her eyes.

    Lianna looked ready to argue with her sister that she was wrong, and that’s not what she’d been thinking about, but she just couldn’t bring herself to lie to her sister.

     “You really like her don’t you sis?” Lauren asked as they walked.

     “Of cause I like her, just as I like you. She’s my sister.” Lianna said with a strange look like her sister had just lost her mind.

     “I don’t mean like her sis, I mean like her.” Lauren said again with even more meaning behind the last part.

     “I don’t know what you mean sis.” Lianna said looking worried as to what her sister was going to say next, but hoping she’d just let it drop if she played dumb about it. Lianna wasn’t going to be that lucky though.

     “I think you do my sweet little sister.” Lauren said with a grin as she playfully bumped into Lianna as they walked.

     “When did you work it out?” Lianna asked as she hung her head in shame of just how bad she was at hiding her feeling most the time.

     “That Saturday you first met her.” Lauren giggled. “I’ve never seen you stick your neck out like you did that day for Danielle.” Lauren pointed out.

     “I was just trying to help her out.” Lianna tried to argue, but she already knew that Lauren was right, she had fallen for Danielle that first time she saw her having trouble in the clothes shop while she was trying to find a dress to buy herself with the small amount of birthday money the foster people had given her to treat herself with.

     “You really are as bad at lying as mother is my dear sweet sister.” Lauren said with a sigh as she draped an arm around Lianna in a show of sisterly support.

     “Do you mind if we talk about this when we have a lot more privacy sis?” Lianna asked as she looked around at all the other children moving from class to class.

     “Sure thing sis.” Lauren smiled as she understood the fact her sister didn’t want anyone overhearing too much.

    They finally made it to the library and Lauren gave Lianna a hug before she ran off with her two friends so they could get to their gym class. Lianna watched her sister run down the hallway before letting out a sigh and then entering the library. Lianna looked over at the table where she’d sat and helped Danielle cram for the history test the other day, and once again she found herself wondering just what kind of fun Danielle was getting up to right now.


*****

    Becky had tried to get Danielle talking in the car as she drove her to see Prue, but Danielle just sat looking out the window thinking about all the times she’d taken this same drive when a social worker took her to yet another new foster home. She’d been moved from one town to another as they slowly started to have trouble placing her due to her medical problem as they put it. None of the social workers wanted to deal with a sick or mentally disturbed child, or that’s what they saw when they looked at Danielle’s file, or more Daniel’s file as that’s what the name said on it. From the earliest of memories Danielle knew she was different to the other boys, she tried telling the foster people when she was first put in care, but none wanted to listen. Some even beat her for speaking such things. Another foster worker locked her in a cupboard with a copy of the bible until she swore that she was a boy, and he was just looking for attention.

     “How far is it to see Nana Prue?” Danielle asked. She wanted to take her mind off the thought of all those foster homes she’d been placed in. Her Aunty Becky and nana Holly had promised her she wouldn’t be sent away, and she believed them.

     “Not much further now sweetie.” Becky smiled as she reached over and took hold of Danielle’s hand while she drove down a long stretch of road that didn’t require her to keep changing gear. “I must warn you that your nana Prue can be just as protective as your nana Holly, so she will most definitely want to hug the stuffing out of you.” Becky added with a giggle.

     “I can think of worse ways to die.” Danielle giggled as she tried to make her Aunty Becky relax and stop worrying about her so much. “Is nana Prue a doctor then?” Danielle asked.

     “Yes she is. She’s the one looking after Lianna, so you know that you’re in safe hands.” Becky said as she tried to reassure Danielle.

     “Will she be able to fix me like she fixed Lianna?” Danielle looked hopeful as she asked it.

     “If she can’t, I’m sure she’ll know someone that can.” Becky said with determination. “I also must point out that Lianna is a long way from being fixed as you put it. Nana Prue only did a little cosmetic work to help Lianna feel better about herself.” Becky explained.

    Becky was soon parking up outside the surgery Prue owned and she parked her car before getting out and walking around to help Danielle get out.

     “I’m scared Aunty Becky.” Danielle said as she took hold of Becky’s hand once she’d locked the car.

     “I know you are Danielle, but you will soon see that you don’t need to be.” Becky said with a smile as she led Danielle to a front door and then pushed a button.

    Danielle watched as Aunty Becky stood waiting for something to happen, then she heard a woman ask who was calling. “Do you have an appointment, and may I take a name please?” The woman asked in a polite voice.

     “Hi Kim, its Becky. Can I come in please?”

     “That depends, do you come bearing gifts?” Kim asked excitedly.

     “Sorry, but it’s just me and Danielle.” Becky explained.

     “Not sure I could eat a whole kid, but I’ll give it a go.” Kim replied with a giggle.

    Danielle just stepped back as she tried to make Becky release her hand so she could run away.

     “Don’t worry hon; she’s just playing with us.” Becky said as she pushed the door when she heard it click open. Becky was soon dragging a reluctant Danielle down a long hallway and around a corner where she saw a tall woman walking towards them grinning. Becky had to stop walking when she felt that Danielle had stopped dead in her tracks.

     “So you must be this Danielle I’ve been hearing all about.” Kim said as she reached the spot where Becky had been brought to a halt by Danielle refusing to move another foot. “It’s nice to finally meet you Danielle. I’m your Aunty Kim.” She smiled at the girl.

    Danielle just stood looking at Kim, to afraid to even blink, as she kept hold of Becky’s hand like Becky could protect her if she needed to.

     “She’s a quiet little thing isn’t she?” Kim said looking at Becky when she realised that Danielle wasn’t going to answer her.

     “She’s a little on the shy side around new people Kim and I really need to get her in to see Prue right away.” Becky said, almost pleadingly.

     “Well she had a patient cancel on her at the last minute, so I can get you in now if that’s fast enough for you?” Kim asked with a grin.

     “That’s great Kim.” Becky said as she started walking again towards Prue’s office and dragging Danielle along with her now whether she liked it or not.

    Kim was just about to ask if Becky wanted a drink when she heard the bell that let her know they had someone at the front door to the surgery, so she went to see who it was. “Walker surgery, how may I help you?” Kim asked in her professional voice.

     “Hi Kim, its Carl... And Mandy.” Carl added the last bit after a pause as he watched his wife pull up next to where he’d just parked his car.

    Kim buzzed them in and Carl held the door while he waited for Mandy to get out and join him before they both entered the surgery. “What’s going on Carl? I got a cryptic phone call from Holly telling me to come here because Becky has brought Danielle to get a check up.” Mandy was worried and upset now she saw that Carl was here as well.

     “There seems to be some confusion as to Danielle’s real gender.” Carl tried to explain the best he could, not having much information to work with.

     “What are you talking about? Any fool can see that Danielle is a girl.” Mandy said as she looked at Carl like he’d lost his marbles.

     “You don’t have to tell me that baby, but according to the file my team showed me, and what Holly said on the phone when she called me earlier, I’m not sure what’s going on.” Carl shrugged as he led the way down the hallway and around the corner to where Kim was stood waiting for them.


*****

    Becky reached the office door that led to Prue’s office and knocked on the door with one hand, while keeping a firm grip on Danielle with the other. Becky could feel Danielle shaking, but she just knew that if she let go, Danielle would make a break for it.

     “Come in!” Prue shouted, so Becky opened the door and entered the office where Prue was sat behind a large desk looking through a bunch of papers. “Hello Becky. I wasn’t expecting to see you today.” Prue added looking a little shocked to see her enter the room.

     “I’m sorry to just drop in like this mum, but I need you to take a look at Danielle for me.” Becky said as she stepped to one side, so Prue could take a look at the newest member of their ever growing family.

     “Hello dear. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Prue smiled as she looked at the brown haired girl with a look of terror in her eyes as she clung onto Becky’s hand. Prue thought she looked a little skinny, but still a very pretty girl none the less.

     “He... Hell... Hello ma’am.” Danielle stuttered out.

     “Drop that silly ma’am stuff, and call me nana Prue or just nana if you prefer?” Prue giggled as she got up from her desk and walked over to join Becky and Danielle. “So what brings you knocking on my door then Becky?” Prue asked.

     “Danielle seems to have a birth defect.” Becky tried to explain.

     “In what way Bec’s?” Prue asked looking puzzled.

     “Danielle seems too...” Was all Becky got to say before there was a knock on the door right before Carl and Mandy burst into the room like they were both possessed.

     “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Danielle screamed out as she ripped her hand away from Becky’s and ran to the other side of the room where she fell to the ground behind an armchair and started sobbing while curling up into a little ball.

    Carl, Mandy and Prue all looked as Danielle vanished behind the chair, then they all turned to look at Becky to see if she could explain what just happened, and why Danielle was acting like this.

    Becky explained about her taking some washing up to Danielle’s bedroom, and how Danielle had come running out the bathroom naked. Becky then went on to explain about the small boy bits Danielle had between her legs.

     “She’s really a boy?” Mandy asked still in shock from what she’d just been told. “That can’t be possible. I’ve seen her chest.” Mandy added as she shook her head trying to clear the fog that had formed.

    Mandy made her way across the room and knelt down behind the chair at the side of the sobbing girl. She reached out to touch Danielle, but pulled back when Danielle let out a squeal and tried to curl up even tighter.

     “Danielle, it’s me your mummy.” Mandy said in a calming voice as she tried to touch the girl again, but she flinched away again.

     “You don’t want me, I’m broken.” Danielle mumbled out from where ever her head was now buried. “No one ever wants me when they find out I’m broken.” Danielle added with more sobbing.

    Mandy couldn’t take any more of what she was seeing, so she reached down and pulled a struggling Danielle up onto her knee so she could hug her properly. “I don’t care how broken you think you are young lady, you are my daughter now, and I’ll do all I can to fix you.” Mandy said as she hugged the sobbing child in her arms.

     “I’m sorry I lied to you mummy.” Danielle said when she finally stopped crying and looked up at Mandy with puffy red eyes.

     “What do you think you lied to me about?” Mandy asked as she moved some of the wet hair stuck across Danielle’s face out the way of her eyes.

     “I lied to you about what I am mummy.”

     “And just what do you think you are sweetie?” Mandy asked with a pout.

     “I don’t know what I am mummy. I thought I was like Lianna, but I don’t need any of them hormones to look this way, but I have boy parts, but I don’t feel like a boy.” Danielle said as she started sobbing again.

     “Well if you don’t know what you are, then you haven’t really been lying to me have you?” Mandy asked as she rocked the girl in her arms. “And if you don’t feel like a boy, and you don’t look like a boy, then we must reach the conclusion that you’re not a boy.” Mandy added as she lifted Danielle head up enough so she could kiss her on the forehead.

     “So you won’t be sending me away then mummy?” Danielle asked as she gripped on to Mandy for all she was worth.

     “What kind of a mother would I be if I did that?” Mandy asked with another pout. “I’m sorry to say you’re stuck with me and the rest of your new family young lady.” Mandy added as she helped Danielle get up off her knee, so they could join the others on the sofa’s Prue had in her office.

     “I have no plans to send you away either.” Carl said as he sat down and held out his arms so Danielle could go and sit on his knee.

    Danielle jumped on her father’s knee and let him wrap his arms around her as she sobbed some more, but because she was happy now not worried like she was before. Mandy sat on the sofa next to them and they all had a group family hug.

     “Now we have you calmed down again Danielle, do you mind if I take you into the next room and have a look at this little birth defect your Aunty Becky was telling us about?” Prue asked as she held out her hand for Danielle to go with her.

     “I want mum and dad to come with me, so they can see what is wrong as well.” Danielle said as she gripped onto both her new parents even tighter than she already was.

     “You’ll be safe with my mother Danielle.” Mandy tried to reassure her.

     “I know that mummy, but I want you and daddy to know just what is wrong with me, so I’m sure you still want me to be your daughter.” Danielle said in an almost pleading manner.

     “My sweet child, you could have two heads and a monkey’s tail, and I would still want you as my daughter.” Carl said as he helped Danielle to her feet so he could then stand up, and then he helped Mandy to stand again. “But if it helps you feel safer, then we shall come and see what there is to see.” Carl added as he held out his hand so Danielle could take hold of it and then follow him into the next room.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

Keep ya eyes peeled for a new story Sunday from SaraUK/u

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope

Thanks for this chapter Sara,

I hope that Danielle has the same condition as Carla in my story of The Girl inside the Boy, which is of course an intersexed condition , although i think Carla has had an easier life than poor Danielle being shoved around different foster homes, at least now she will get treatment as well as being loved. ''Always looking forward to the next chapter''

Hugs Roo :)

ROO

Now there's one I've not come accross

I've met some intersex conditions in my time but this is a new one on me.

"Broken;" I'd say "not built the same as most other people."

A shame that Danielle's own parent(s), and most foster homes, couldn't cope with a little birth anomaly.

Riveting stuff as usual, Sara and Samantha.

S.

Well so much for the milk of human kindness

It is amazing how people can be so freaked out over what is part of the biological reality of life, that there are always 'manufacturing' variances. Despite what it says in the bible which this reality seems to 'threaten'. Being humans, we cannot not put it on the reject bin if we have any compassion at all. The idea of a little reworking to help a child is what should have happened.

Now, is she CAH or is she hermaphroditic would be the question.

Kim

I wept all the way though

I wept all the way though this but especially the latter part, such anguish from a child is just way wrong, I dont care how much paperwork is involved the SS have clearly neglected and abused that child and I have a feeling Carl will spend whatever it takes to track down every single one of Danielle's past "carers" and have them prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

No child should suffer like that especially when it's blatantly obvious by the physical changes that it's not psychological even though that should matter, then again how many religious bigots are there that would ignore the medical proof in favor of their own belief.

Thanks for sharing this gut wrenching heart breaking chapter, big weepy hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thanks Sara,

A real heart stopper and I don't know if I will last the week!
Elizabeth has said it all for me,complete agreement.

ALISON

YYYEEESSS!!!

Finally now both of her parents know about her and she wants them to see for themselves. She did that to show she trusts them and hopefully that she will begin to open up with the family also.

Joshlyn Amanda

the kids story

i love the story and have done since pt1 i do hope that there is a lot more to come.

keep up the good work you should see about making into a t.v. series which would be very apt. love it all.

I knew they would accept her

But the part where Danielle ran and hid made me cry anyway. Imagining all the problems of being an orphan, and then to have this happen to you?

Sometimes we don't realize how good we've had it (okay, not always, but generally).

I know this is fiction, but suppose this happened? I wouldn't be surprised if it did. And just think, what if it happened in a Muslim culture?

Wren

so sad..

This chapter is so bitter sweet... I cry smiling for Danielle...