Cruising For Trouble -- Part 2

Printer-friendly version

CRUISING FOR TROUBLE

longandcurly_0.jpg

PART 2

Summary: In the second of three parts, the bargain Eric made with his family has him spending the rest of the cruise as Erika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We left the salon and made our way to the ship’s center shopping and restaurant area. We stopped to get a salad for lunch and to discuss my new circumstances.

“Erika, everything went so well at the salon and I’m sure you’re going to have an exciting time this week. Your sister and I will help you however we can and point out things that will help you with your feminine comportment. You seem to be adjusting pretty well already, but I bet it will feel totally natural before long.”

“Mom, this is not supposed to feel totally natural!”

“Dear, that is a figure of speech. I just mean that over time you will feel more comfortable this way.”

"You just never told me that this would be so extreme. This is more than a little punishment. I think I would have skipped drivers education, instead of being turned into a girl."

"Look at the bright side little sister, your drivers license picture will look so much prettier now."

"Sasha, I told you not to tease him. That does remind me, Lulu has arranged to get you a new ID card this afternoon. We need to stop by “ship's services’ and have your picture re-taken."

After our light lunch, we stopped at a couple of the boutiques and my mother picked out a few outfits and swimsuits for me. She thought that this would help Sasha's wardrobe last longer and we wouldn't have to share as much.

When we were done we made the quick stop to get my new ID. The clerk asked why we needed a new one already and my mother said that they misspelled my name and I was embarrassed by that. He looked at my old card and then me. He kept looking at the ID card, and me and then told me to sit in the photo chair and smile. Click-click, I was now Erika for all to see.

longandcurly_0.jpg

---The picture on my new ID---

Back at the room my mother ushered my dad inside to see his new daughter. When he saw me, I could tell he looked very confused.

"Rita, I can't believe this is really Eric. I thought you were just going to have his hair trimmed a little."

"Bill, he needed to feel like a girl if he was going to try and pass as one. Isn't she beautiful."

"She!"

"Bill, for now you need to think of Eric as Erika. If we don't treat her as a girl, she won't feel like one."

It was almost like I was not there. They were discussing my situation and planning my vacation without me. My mother reminded my father that he had told her that she had complete freedom in getting me ready to pass.

I could see my father was shocked by the complete makeover I had received. He went along with my mother's recommendations, because he thought it would teach me a good lesson. Now he was clearly not as sure about the idea. The lessons I would be learning were a little different than I think he anticipated. I was now effectively another daughter and he had to treat me just like Sasha for the rest of our vacation.

For the first time in a long while, I could see that he felt some sympathy for me. He sat down next to me on my bed and put his hands on the back of my hands, which were on my lap. He spoke to me very softly and with a very kind tone in his voice.

"I know this must the very difficult for you. Your mother and I will try and make it go smoothly and help you out however we can. I never thought it would end up going this far, but you do look lovely. I guess I am going to have to get used to calling you Erika. That is the name your mother and I originally were going to call you, before we found out at the last minute you were a boy. The doctors had told us they thought we were having a girl, and then you surprised us when you were born. We were never disappointed, but now I guess we can use that name for a little while. It is probably a nice treat for your mother."

"You never told me that before."

"It didn't seem that important. I think your mother would have been happy either way. For your first six months or so you had to wear a fair amount of baby clothes that was styled for a girl. It was easier than returning all of the baby gifts."

It was a nice talk with my dad and it lasted for nearly 20 minutes. I think it was the first time in over a year that we just sat and chatted. He made me feel loved and I appreciated his empathetic acceptance of my current situation. When we were done he gave me a sweet peck on my cheek. He would never have done that with Eric.

It was late afternoon, but our first formal dinner would not be until 7 PM. Sasha convinced me it would be a good idea if the two of us went up on deck and got some sun or just fresh air for a while. She thought it would be good for me to get used to being outside as Erika. We made our way up to the main deck and just strolled around. I still needed practice walking in shoes with high wedges so the practice was good. After walking around the entire topside twice, I began to feel more stable and in control. Sasha helped me adjust my hips and stride to walk more girl like. The breeze felt nice on my naked legs and when it blew up and under my sundress. The sensation started to feel almost pleasant.

When we first started walking I noticed a few guys look in our direction. At first, I assumed they were checking out my sister, but I realized I was getting eyed as much as her. This was something I never contemplated or had a clue how to cope with. When I was Eric I don't ever remember getting checked out by girls. Maybe I was, but it was never so obvious. I was now a girl for only a few hours and I had guys attracted to me.

Sasha told me not to worry about the boys. "I'll just have to get used to that. You are as pretty as any teenager on the ship, so it's just going to be something for you to learn to handle. Most guys are just lookers anyway.”

“What about the others?”

“It’s not hard to be polite and let them off easy. If you are not interested, just tell them that you have a boyfriend already.”

“What do you mean, ‘IF’?”

“Erika, I’m not telling you how to have fun, but you are on vacation and you may want to socialize. I’m not always going to be there for your company.”

“I was never that good at talking with girls, how can I talk with guys?”

“You do have a lot of questions. My guess, with girls you were trying to get their attention and sound interesting. With guys, you already have their interest and you just have to decide which one you want to be with.”

“I don’t want to be with any of them!”

“Relax, you have a lot to learn or should I say re-learn.”

We returned to the room to get ready for the evening. I took a quick shower, but made sure my hair did not get wet. It still looked fabulous from the styling and I did not want to deal with drying it. Sasha told me to remove my makeup and she would replace it with evening makeup.

I washed off all of the regular makeup, but the semi-permanent makeup remained. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I still looked completely girlish. The eyeliner highlighted my eyes, and my lips look plumper due to the tinting. My hair was unmistakably styled and I found myself smiling back at my reflection.

My sister noticed my mood shift and told me to get my pretty butt over to her for some more makeup.

“It looks like someone likes how they look.”

“I was just looking at my face.”

“It’s okay Erika, I am not trying to tease you. You are very attractive and I know you like it.”

“I am just glad I look passable.”

“Passable, very funny. You look great. Just admit you like how you look. I am not going to give you a hard time or tell anyone.”

“I am not sure what I think, but it is kind of nice. I shouldn’t like this at all, but some part of me is enjoying this. Please don’t tell mom or dad.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you try and figure it all out. Tonight should be fun, and we can take each new experience as they come.”

I wore Sasha’s blue formal cocktail dress. It had better coverage of my breasts, so it was the obvious choice over her black one. I had a hard time navigating on heels, which were only connected to my feet by some very thin straps. I practically looked like a bridesmaid when I saw the full affect of my ensemble.

blue dress.jpg

Sasha was equally beautiful in her black dress with black pumps. Together we looked like a pair of knockouts. My father looked at us with a little fear in his eyes.

“You girls look much older than your ages. I can’t believe how grown up you both look. I am a little nervous taking you two to dinner looking that sexy, especially you Erika. Sasha, I need you to watch out for your sister. She is going to get a lot of attention and may need some help.”

“I already talked to her about things like that and I think she is ready.”

“Then it’s time for us to go and enjoy dinner together as a family.”

We entered the main dining room, which had been set up elegantly for the evening affair. We had stopped by the dining room on our earlier tour of the ship, but had not experienced a meal there as yet. We had to wait to be seated. As it turns out, all meals in the formal dining area are by assigned seats. Each family is assigned a table, and it is their table for the rest of the cruise. Some of the tables are small and others are very large. They set up the tables so that families can have some privacy, but also so they can socialize with other families. Since our family was only four people, they placed us at a table with another family of four people. We would be eating with this family each night that we elected to eat in the formal dining room.

We were introduced to the Grant family. They had arrived in the dining area a few minutes before us, and already had been seated. We had been grouped with them, because they had two children that were approximately the same age as Sasha and I. They seemed very happy to meet us and were quick to engage us in conversation. One of the first things that they said was that they were surprised to see two girls. Their family included two boys that were a junior and seniors in high school, and they were told that we had a senior girl and sophomore boy. My mother was quick to the explanation, and told the story about the messed up ID cards. The two boys did not seem at all upset by the error.

I squirmed a little when I was seated next to the younger of the two boys named Mark. Sasha was paired up with David and we were all seated. The agenda for the evening was a multicourse meal, followed by a speech from the captain and some ballroom dancing. I planned to make my exit as early as possible.

Mark told me that they lived in Boston, but that they had lived in Hinsdale, IL when they were much younger. They still had some family in Northbrook, which was only one town over from our home in Highland Park. They had not been in the Chicago area for nearly 3 years, but always liked it there. This was also their first cruise and so far they have been enjoying it. Mark and David had spent the afternoon at one of the topside pools and even did some surf boarding in the special wave pool specifically designed for that. Mark said we really should try that.

I didn’t want to say that I had spent the day in the salon, so all I said is that we went to one of the spas for a while and spend some time relaxing up on the deck. We talked a little bit about school and I even managed to say how excited I was that I would be getting my learners permit this summer. Mark told me that he had just recently passed his driving test and now had his license. He was so excited that he took it out of his wallet to show me. We did not seem to have very much difficulty finding things to talk about. Every now and then, I had to use choice words when describing some of my past activities. I had to be very careful not to say anything that might blow my cover. After some initial jitters, I found it pretty easy to talk with him.

After talking almost exclusively with Mark for about 10 minutes, I engaged my sister in a brief conversation about the food. I could see a small smirk on her face and she looked at me and then shifted her eyes over towards Mark. She then smiled at me and blinked her left eye in a sign of approval. I had been feeling pretty good until then, but realized that she was acknowledging that there might be something between Mark and me.

Following Sasha’s silent comment, I looked over towards my mother until we made eye contact. She seemed pretty happy, but fortunately did not make any similar gestures like Sasha. My father seemed to be engaged in conversation with Mr. Grant. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the evening and I was clearly passing my first test with flying colors.

The meal lasted about an hour and a half. You can cover a lot of conversations in that period of time. Before we were finished with dessert we all seemed to know a lot about each other. After the meal we made our way to the main ballroom to hear the captain’s speech. It was a nice welcoming speech and provided us with a lot of information about the amazing ship that we were on. When he concluded, I started to think about heading back to the room.

At that point they started some live music for entertainment and dancing. For the adults they passed around Champaign and for those of us underage, they provided other sparkling beverages. We gathered around as a family listening to music while enjoying our beverages.

As we were relaxing David came over and asked Sasha if she would like to dance. They headed out to the dance floor to do some formal dancing. Sasha had always been pretty graceful, even though she did not have that much experience doing formal dancing. I was watching her dance when Mark came over and asked me to dance. I became a little flustered, but Mark held out his hand as if to guide me. A few moments later his hand was on the small of my back and I was holding him. It was a strange sensation and I was in a little bit of shock. I kept trying to smile, but I didn't know the right way to react. The longer we were out on the dance floor the more I seem to get comfortable. I could see in Mark’s eyes that he was very happy sharing the dance with me. He was obviously attracted to me and I wasn't sure how to respond. He was not acting in any way inappropriate, but he was clearly trying to act charming in my presence. Before the evening was over I had danced four numbers with Mark and one with my father. When dancing with my father, he made the strange comment that Mark seemed to be a nice boy. I let it pass, but was not sure what he meant by that.

At the end of the evening we all said our goodbyes and my parents commented that we would look forward to seeing them for dinner the following evening. It was then that David suggested that the boys could take Sasha and me to the pool in the morning. It was supposed to be a hot day and later in the afternoon they were going on an excursion into the Montego Bay to do some sightseeing. We were also welcome to join them for that, but they thought swimming in the morning might be a fun start to the day. Before I could answer, Sasha said that would be great. With that we headed back to our cabin.

“Hey little sister, how long has it been since you’ve had a date? I’m not sure you would call this a date, but it should be fun hanging out with them.”

“Why did you do that?”

“We were probably going to the pool anyway. You seem to be having a good time with Mark and having him around should help keep other guys away from you.”

“Probably right about that, but he might get the wrong idea.”

“What idea is that? Like I said before, when was the last time you were out with somebody of the opposite sex?”

“He’s not of the opposite sex!”

“It’s just for fun. It’s not like you’re going to sleep with him.”

“You’re making me nauseous.”

“I think you’re just seasick.”

“You’re supposed to be looking out for me.”

“I am. Mark is a nice guy and if he does anything you don’t like you know his parents will hear about it. It’s about as safe as it could be.”

“It just gives me butterflies to think about it.”

“Butterflies can be good. The guys are going to meet us at the pool at 9:30. You can wear one of your new bathing suits and the pink flip-flops.”

When we got back in the room I found a new pair of silk pajamas on my bed. They were ocean blue and had the name Oasis of The Sea on them. I had not forgotten my pajamas, but my mother wanted me to spend the entire trip as Erika and that included time in the room. It seemed like a moot point to argue, so I took them and put them on. They immediately felt so different than my old pajamas and made me ponder my current situation. Up to this point my makeover had been so that I would appear female for other people; the pajamas however were so that I would feel like a girl when I was by myself. Everything that had happened so far seemed to be geared to draw me deeper and deeper into my female persona.

I was very tired from the events of the day and fell asleep very quickly. It felt like the night had passed so quickly when it was time to get up in the morning. Sasha and I went together for a quick breakfast so we could meet up with the guys.

We met them as planned by the largest pool on the main deck. We were lucky to get four deck chairs exposed to the early morning sun. The temperature was still comfortable, but with the direct sun it felt very warm.

We had been on the ship for a day and a half and this was my first time lying out in the sun. Sasha had spent some time while I was at the salon yesterday, but for me it was a first. My skin was very pale, so I had to make sure I put on plenty of lotion. I liberally spread the lotion on my body everywhere but my back. I asked Sasha to put some on my back, but she said she was busy putting on her own lotion on. Mark overheard me and volunteered to put it on my back. It was an unusual sensation having a guy rubbing lotion onto my back. Almost without thinking I asked him if he needed me to rub any onto his back. He smiled at me and said that would be very nice. I think I made the offer instinctively without thinking. I started to rub some lotion into his back and could feel that there already was some there to begin with. I mentioned to him that it felt like there was lotion already there, but he again smiled at me and said he thought he could use a little more.

After sunning for about an hour we decided to go for a swim. I was nervous about getting my enhancements wet and wondered if they would stay in place. I was careful getting into the water and fortunately did not seem to have any trouble. The water felt invigorating and we all started swimming around playing games and splashing each other. It was all good-natured and we were having a lot of fun. The games led to a lot of touching and I found myself being lifted out of the water by Mark. He was holding me under my legs and back almost like a baby. I was laughing and I gave him a big smile while I glanced into his eyes. It was a moment I never intended to happen, but it was too late to take back. Our friendly socializing had taken an unexpected small step forward. For the rest of the time at the pool, I tried to avoid a repeat moment, but our friendly interaction clearly had escalated. When we got out of the pool, he rubbed some more lotion on my back and neck, even before I asked for assistance.

We stayed at the pool for about two hours but had to leave to get ready to go on shore. Sasha had a great time with David and seemed very pleased that I have had fun with Mark. We did not go to shore with the Grants, but confirmed that we would be joining them for dinner in the evening. My mother wanted us to do some shopping at the local island boutiques. Sasha was thrilled to be going to the boutiques. She wanted to pick out an authentic Island style dress or two.

“Well did you two girls have a nice time at the pool?”

“Erika and I had a very nice time. It was fun being with David and Mark and we all just hung out by the pool.”

“Yeah mom, the pool was very nice.”

“It was more than the pool that was very nice, right Erika?”

“That’s enough Sis. We had a good time.”

“You know mom, Erika is probably going to want to pick out a new dress before she sees Mark again this evening.”

My mother gave us both a raised eyebrow look “ Well girls, it sounds like we have some shopping to do."

On the island, we were hounded by locals trying to sell us just about everything and offers of services like hair braiding. There was no way my hair was going to be braided after getting it so completely restyled just yesterday. We got very good at saying "no thank you,” sometimes multiple times to the same vendors.

In some of the nicer boutiques, we shopped for summer dresses and stylish accessories. The first time I was sent in the back to try on a dress I was a little afraid, but I quickly got over it and started enjoying it. I had never particularly enjoyed clothes shopping before, but then this was more recreational than out of necessity. I liked how some of the dresses were flattering on me. My dad who was just tagging along had to critique our new Looks. I could see him trying to adjust to seeing me look and begin to act more girlishly. In only one day I had gone from totally reluctant, to strutting my stuff. He looked just a bit forlorn by my new attitude, but he never outwardly complained.

I ended up with three new dresses before we were done. I especially liked the last one I picked out, since it had local flowers in the pattern and I thought they were really colorful. If I could have grown those flowers in the Chicago climate I would have bought some seeds to bring home. I planned to wear that one in the evening.

Before we returned to the ship we stopped for a frozen island drink at the Port. My dad and I chatted some more about my changes.

"Dad, you've been pretty quiet all afternoon, is everything okay?"

"Yes Erika, I am just not as interested as you in dress shopping."

"I didn't think I was either. I feel almost like a new person. It is kind of liberating."

"I am glad you are doing fine with it. I just never thought you would adjust so quickly and completely."

"I know that underneath my dress I am not really a girl, but I am experiencing sensations that are all new to me and I am enjoying it."

"Well we are on vacation so it's good you are happy."

"Thanks dad, Mom seems all right with it too."

"I think she is more than alright with it. I think she really is enjoying this."

"I never expected to feel this way, but in being Erika I feel more girlish, than I ever felt boyish when I was Eric. It's hard to explain, but this has not been that difficult for me to adjust too."

"Let's just see how you feel in a few days. Maybe the thrill will wear off."

"Okay daddy, how does my hair look?"

We showered up and readied ourselves for dinner. I wore my new print dress. My sister lent me a pair of her dangly silver earrings and showed me how to put on some of my own makeup. It was part of the whole experience of looking pretty, but I wanted to look my best for everyone at dinner.

The Grants arrived at dinner about five minutes after us. We had just received our beverages and were still looking over at the dinner alternatives. When they saw us, Mark quickly made his way over to meet me. We had an awkward moment when he didn’t know whether to hug me, give me a peck or what. Ultimately, he gave me a big smile and said he was very excited to see me again. I told him I was very happy they were able to join us.

We all heard about their eco-tour and swimming experience in the spring fed pond. It sounded like a fun afternoon. We told them about our shopping afternoon, which Mark said sounded a little dull. I told him that I bought the dress I was wearing and he perked up.

“You look spectacular in the dress. It makes your afternoon totally worth it.”

I thanked him for the compliment and felt myself blush a little.

Dinner was almost as good as the previous night’s formal menu and we spent most of the dinner talking about each other and about life at school. I had to embellish my stories to keep the descriptions consistent with my new appearance.

Instead of having dessert off the menu, Mark asked if I would like to go to Johnny Rockets up on the entertainment deck for dessert later. I looked at my parents to see if it was okay. I could see by their faces they were not sure it was a good idea.

“Erika you have had a very long day, your mom and I think maybe tonight you might want to take it easy and get some rest.”

“Come on Dad, we are on vacation. The whole trip is rest. I can sleep in tomorrow if I am tired.”

“Well I guess that would be okay, but I don’t want you out really late.”

Mark’s parents made him promise to bring me back to my room by 10:30 PM. It was about 8:30 and Mark said he would come by my room at nine o’clock to pick me up.

Back at the room I got a lot of attention from my sister and parents. My parents were somewhat panicked that I was going out with a boy for ice cream. They had pushed me down the slippery slope and now I was putting myself in a position that that no one was prepared to deal with. They warned me that I had no experience being with a boy and I had better just go for ice cream and no more.

“Don’t fret, I am just going out to be social. We went to the pool this morning and he was quite the gentleman. I am just trying to get the most out of the cruise and I am feeling much better adjusted to being Erika.

My sister did not say that much to me, but she clearly was encouraging me on.

“You seem to understand relationships much better as a girl that you ever did as my brother. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

I had to laugh a little at that last comment, but I know she really meant it.

______________________________END OF PART 2

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Nina,

A very pleasant story with a twist,well characterized and so well written.
Eric/Erika is certainly finding herself.

ALISON

Erica is doing great

and now she's got the attention of cute guys, what a lucky girl!

DogSig.png

Getting in trouble - Nina.

Eric had a habit of getting into trouble one way or the other!

I have a feeling Erika may as well!

Good story, she looks fabulous.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

very fun read

I loved the story and I am waiting the the next part

Plain to see that Erika will

have fun going for desert. Bet that she never thought that this would happen, either.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

This story is...

...pie in the sky hyperbole. I have to project my own antipathy toward this kids mom since the author is not letting him do it! She won't buy the kid boys clothes but she will go on a shopping spree to buy him girls clothes? A real guy would not miss the chance to point that bullshit (hypocrisy) out! She sets him up (in the salon) to appear as a girl even at times when he may be able to be more comfortable in his own skin as it were? Before anyone starts spouting off about all guys having an inner femininity... The kid was living as a guy for 15 years... Not all masculinity is a farce to be pealed away to reveal the inner swan!!!! I would resent the hell out of each of these his family.