Dragon Riders Part 2

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego


Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]


Dragon Riders

Must love dogs
Chapter 4

They say time flies when you are having fun, it had been several weeks since that first meeting in the UN. The meeting with the UN Security Council went off with only one little hitch, the NYPD SWAT had tried to stop Jill, members ambushed her, rushing forward to grab her as she teleport in with Starfly, but they found that it was way to hot as Starfly turned up the heat, and burned a huge circle around her. Then Jupiter and Comet arrived and all the members of the team found them self hanging from the flag poles outside, Fire and Rescue had to be called to get them all down. Once inside the Security Council's chambers Jill voiced her concerns about the NYPD delaying her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, sorry for my delay, but the NYPD decided that I was a threat to your safety. They have seen the error and I think they will not be joining us any time soon. Now in front of all of you see a small box", With a wave of her arm small little boxes appeared. "In that box is a device that will allow you to understand any dragon rider or Mother, sorry its not a universal translator, so you will still have to have those boys and girls to speak to each other, but with this handy dandy translator, you will understand any dragon rider. Comet drop the temperature 30'. We'll bring the temperature back up as soon as all members are wearing the Universal translator."

A shiver went through the members as they felt the temperature drop, some members tried to move away from the council's table, but found a invisible wall around them. Opening their boxes they placed the small wick like device in the ear and the temperature begin to rise where they were seated. Of course there is always one holdout when you try to get everyone to go with your plan, the USA. But Jill continue as if nothing was wrong, but she could see that the USA member was getting very cold.

"Just place it in your ear, the next rider to speak to you may not speak English and you can't push #1 to hear English here". Looking about the room she see the USA member final put the wick in her ear. "Very good, Comet turn it off, Starfly get us nice and warm, but easy on it. Now if you would hold any questions I will explain why I am here and what you all will be doing to prepare your world. As you know we have two islands, Dragon Pacific is our home, Dragon Atlantic is our port of arms and training grounds. Now each of you are going to send to Dragon Atlantic personnel from five combat Divisions, three air squadrons, fighter and bomber, and air naval personnel to equip your aircraft carriers with the latest in hover jets with beam weapons. These people must be made available asap, it will take at least six weeks to train them on the weapons and the sooner they are trained the sooner you can rotate more in We hope to have at least 10 Division per country in a year, those smaller countries maybe one to two. Now I will take your questions".

China: "How many Divisions will you be able to train and equip every six weeks?"
"We will be able to train 25 full divisions, 15 squadrons and at least three Carrier wings. Next?"

Great Britain: "Will ever country get access to this training and equipment and will they be able to attack other counties with it?"

"To answer the first question, yes. The answer to the second, no. Only on Dragon Atlantic will they be allowed to fire upon others using a system we borrow from the 'Yanks' called MILES, let them explain that to you if you not sure what it is. Can they attack other countries using the equipment, no, unless you consider moving across an border an attack, their weapons will not fire upon any other person, the weapons are design to fire on the scouts only. We however can, if need be, remove those weapons from any countries leaving the personnel behind where they sit".

USA: "So what good is these weapons if we cannot protect ourself from attacks from other nations?"

"Any nation that has an Embassy at Dragon Pacific would be under the Dragon Rider's protection and that the Mothers of the Riders will be the first people the Ambassadors of those Embassies will meet. Dragon Island will also launch stealth satellite that will monitor world communication, much like the CIA does today, as well as some very very special ones that will look for and help eradicate coca, poppy, marijuana plants except those that are ear marked as medical needed. The Man power that this will save your governments alone would pay most of your salaries here.

Of course you all have your convention weapons to defend yourself, let just say if a convention tank fires at a dragon tank, they going to be really shock to see that round bounce right back at them. Same for jets, no locks for SAM missiles possible, and machine guns rounds cannot knock a dragon ship down. Also each soldier will be equip with personal body armor, guarantee to stop anything short of a 50 Cal. But they will not be able to use that armor with your convention weapons, the armor would reject any other weapon".

"Ladies and gentlemen, time is our main concern here and I have waste a lot of my by coming here to explain this to you. Our main concern is to equip the nations of your world to fight an enemy not only here on Earth, but soon we hope on the other moons and planets of this system. I have three requests to you all, #1, remove any and all occupying forces in other countries, #2 get your ambassadors to Dragon Pacific. Tell them to bring their family, our Academy will teach grades KG-12 and we will have staff from the greatest schools, colleges, universals, be sure to ask about the school uniforms, and final #3,any further chats will be through your ambassadors on Dragon Pacific, Good day". With a touch on Comet she vanishes from the room.


Dragon Riders

Must love dogs
Chapter 5

Today was the first day of school for the riders and others, (children from the ambassadors) Months had come and gone, problems rose and fell and the riders moved on them. First it was North Korea, but 196 riders with dragons took care of it in mere minutes, South Korea had wanting to cross the borders then but the riders held firm that they would not allow it and South Korea backed down. China had rattled the saber but when 196 riders turn and face you. After that any other country that even looked like it was going to try something got a visit from a rider. Iran's weapon grade nuclear rods disappeared one day, there are rumors they are on the moon.

Todays' worries, the school uniform, the riders hated it, but the mothers loved it. Its a colored checker pleated skirt, white blouse, with a matching tie, white socks and black shoes. The boys got to wear pants, solid color, white shirt and back tie. The only time we riders got to wear pants was Martial arts and dragon training. Riders were no longer involved with the every day crises, our mothers and academy staff handle that, if you wanted to speak to a rider you went through diplomatic channels to arrange that. Each mother was assign an ambassador, my had the USA.

Now today, a rider's school day started at 6am and ended at 8pm. From 6am to 7am was Martial arts, having 196 riders singing cadence during their morning training was something to see, and the world was going to see it soon. Just days before Jill was told that an American News Crew would be filming her for a week and today was the first day, when she asked, "Why me?" Mother said "Because you are the American Rider and your last public speaking event was the first day at the UN, The people of the USA want to get to know their rider, Other countries are also doing it, I am sure you will see the news crews all over the island". So from 6 - 7 the crew filmed the Martial arts training, uniforms were the Chinese traditional martial arts suit in red, she joked with the crew that it covered the blood very well, then one member follow her home filming her as she got ready for school. In school the crew follow her to her very normal classes. From 8 - 12, Math, English, History, Chemistry. 12 - 1 lunch. 1 - 3 Biology, Computer Technology. 3 - 6 Modern Dance/Ballet - Dragon Training. 6 - 8 Dinner, homework, baths and bed time. When asked about the 8pm bed time, she told the crew, when she turns 14 she would be allowed to remain up till 9pm, but Sunday through Thursday bed time was 8pm. During the filming of the dragon training crews would lose sight of the riders on the dragons due to the new chameleon feature, something the riders were all having fun with.

On the weekends, riders worked with their pets, most taken the whole day on Saturday and a few hours on Sunday. For six straight day the crews filming the riders were everywhere. Sunday evening she sat down with the News team to answer questions, her mother was there as well as the ambassador from the USA.

The News Anchor, turn to her crew, "Are we taping now? Good" Facing back forward, she ask her first question, "Jill that first day at the UN, were you worried that you might fail?" Looking first to her mother she turns her head back, her hair falls across her face and with her hand she brushes it back. "Were we worried we would fail? No way, our main concerns was some joker thinking he was God, the Hulk all rolled into one and try to cross the hot zone. Lucky for us we had no heroes to kill".

"For an eight year old girl you talk like a well rounded individual, may I ask how you learned to speak with such force and drive".

"Well my mother can vouch for me here, I love history, much can be learned from reading, listening and watching, people like Churchill, Kennedy, King, Dalai Lama, MacArthur, so many more, I guess you could say I am a bit of each".

"Well your words reach millions of people that day, changing their life's forever. On day two of the UN raid you were attacked by NYPD members of SWAT and had a private meeting with the UN Security Council, can you in your own words tell us of that day?"

"Raid? Mother can still show you our tickets stubs, we paid for the tour". A slight smiles crosses her lips, "What can I say about the meeting I had with the council, very little, the ambassador will vouch that I conducted that meeting with one goal in mine, to brief them of the threat we all will face and what we can do about it. As for the NYPD, I have the up most respect for them, and I am glad I did not have to hurt any of them that day". To show our admiration for those folks we have given the NYPD the latest dragon equipment in drug and bomb detection, not to put the old K9's out of work, but where they had just one K9 team they will have a hundred such teams using the equipment. This equipment will also be given to each major law enforcement agencies as well as all the larger coaster cities besides NYC. Teams of officers will be attending training at the Dragon Atlantic island soon, those officers will train their counterparts at their home station".

"Right, can we ask questions concerning Dragon Atlantic?"

"I have not been to Dragon Atlantic, I'm sure that the ambassador can help with that, maybe even get you a tour there."

"Ambassador?"

*cough* "I'm sure once the Embassy receive your written request that it can be arranged".

"Alright we do that as soon as possible Ambassador, Jackie if we may ask you a question, up till three months ago you and your daughter did not exist, there is no records of a Jackie Madisome age 24 anywhere, nor a Jill Madisome, can you please explain?"

"Let just say, we are humans from earth and beings from another dimension, a dimension where Dragons are very much alive, changed us to who we are today, who we were three months ago is of no concern today and it is a closed subject as many of us still have family that will be protected best by not saying any more on that."

"I see, alright then Jill, our crew followed you for a week, during all this time we did not see a child having fun, but a warrior training. What do you do for fun? Favor movies, Ice cream, are you boy crazy yet?"

"I really don't have the time for fun, my best times I would say is when I am with my dragons flying high in the sky. Movies, sorry I've not been to one, no time, mother says maybe later when I am older, ice cream I have to say vanilla, and boys, sorry no way, yick, besides mother said I cannot date till I am 16, ask me then."

"So Jackie will you and daughter leave the island during the holiday, or is it stay at home?"

"Jill will be training with the American units during those periods, but will be back ever evening for dinner. My plans, hang out here on the island, go shopping, while she is training. I've not been able to do anything for myself since our return to Earth, later maybe when Jill is happy with the American forces, she may join me for another walk through New York City, we did not get to see much that day".

"ahh I am sure they will welcome you both with open arms today. Jill any special request concerning New York City?"

"I like to see the Zoo"!

"The Zoo? OK That a new one for me, but I am sure that can be arranged for you someday. There you have it Ladies and Gentlemen of American, Jill Madisome and her Mother Jackie I am Destiny Stone for ZNN, good night."

"Cut!, that a wrap and Jill, Jackie, Ambassador King, my thanks for the putting up with us for this week, and Ambassador we will be getting with your staff ASAP for that tour to Dragon Atlantic."

Jackie takes Jill's hand and teleport to Jill's room, "good night sweetheart, you were wonderful", a kiss to her forehead, "Sweet dreams Jill". "Thanks Mother, see you in the morning". In a blink mother is gone, *sign* "I wish I could teleport like her" A whine from Jupiter, "yes Jupiter I have you and your sisters for that, forgive me buddy?" Another whine and a paw in the air which she takes and shakes, "Thanks my friend, now off with you I need to get ready for bed".


Dragon Riders

Must love dogs
Chapter 6

Spring break, two words that most school age children love to hear, because of the other children that attended the Dragon academy were from other countries, the academy had adopted the normal breaks such as Spring, Summer, and the winter holidays breaks. For Jill and the other riders it meant seven days of training with the country they were from, for Jill it was going to be at Fort Irwin, CA. Because the Dragons could teleport her home every evening, she would not be staying over night during any training exercises.

Its been two weeks since the airing of the ZNN story, so a lot of News reporters were going to be covering this, and the Academy had promised that life size robotic scouts would be used during this training. The scouts look like a blue dragon, a pelagic sea slug, they roughly the same size of a dragon when full grown and can attack using beam weapons, as well as using the tail like a whip to hit objects. They have no forcefields and can take a lot of damage from normal convention weapons, but beam weapons are quicker, doing far more damage. Now since scouts normally landed like a meteor and grew to their true size within minutes of escaping the shell of the meteor, the Academy was going to teleport the life size units straight to the impact area where units would be able to conduct live fire exercises on them. These life size units would also be able to fire back, but the weapons used far less of a charge and the most anyone would get from a discharge would be a mild tan if in the beam for any length of time.

9am, or as the military officer next to her had said when she ask the time, oh nine hundred. She been sitting there with this Public Affairs officer for over 2 hours. The unit that was to go through the live fire with her had been sitting on its can since 5am. "Hurry up and wait", she mumbles. The PA Officer, "Sorry, what did you say?" "Jill turns to face him, "Tell me why are we waiting and for whom are we waiting?"

"The Post Commander is at the Air Field, waiting for the Secretary of the Army's plane to land, then they will motor cade here, then the Secretary will address the troops and have a press conference with the News folks present at which time the live fire will commence."

Pushing a stone on the Dragon bracelet a 8'x8' screen appears out of nowhere in the air just above her wrist on the screen her mother's face, "Mother I need to know where the Secretary of the Army is right now and what he or she looks like." "Problems dear"? "Yes, I'll tell you all about it this evening, now can I have the information I requested?" "Sure thing sweetheart, here you go." On the spilt screen two items appear, first a radar image of Air Force One and a picture of the Secretary. "Comet", pointing to the screen, "Fetch". Comet blinks out and blinks back with the Secretary.

"Dragon Academy, drop fifty scout combat setting at level 2". "Roger out". Mean time the PA officer is holding on to the Secretary, "Sir, welcome to Fort Irwin sir". "How in the hell did I get here"? "She did it", pointing to Jill. Mean time Jill is now addresses all the combat units through her bracelet, "Live fire will commence, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, now" Just as she says that last word, fifty scouts lands, all turning and firing, at level 2 setting, their beams stun unprotected troops, turn off any running vehicles to simulate battle hits, offices commanded troops to return fire, but its to little to late, every vehicle has taken a multi hits from scouts.

"Starfly, place a force shield over all of us here, Dragon academy, remove all but three scouts". "Roger, out". forty seven scouts vanish. She then turns to the Secretary, "You or the Post Commander, or both of you are at fault here today" Her finger pointing up at his face, the news crews are snapping away while the PA officer is trying to stop them. "Jupiter, teleport that officer", pointing at the PA officer, "to the air field now". Turning back to the very shock Secretary, "I'm going to say this once, so you better shut your mouth and listen. I am here to train with the American units".

"You little Bit- aggg". His eyes are like saucers as she hold her hand in the air, her fingers moving slowly, she lower her voice to almost a whisper, "Sorry its not the Force, I'm just using one of natural talents to control gravity at your larynx, by compressing on it, you cannot speak, now you shut up or else". Release her grip on him, she continue loud enough for the News crews to hear all that is said.

"Now I am leaving here for the rest of the day, and tomorrow morning when I return at oh seven hundred live fire will commence at one minute after that. There will be no delays nor press conferences and if you ever make another rider, mother or academy staff wait for your sorry butt then I will make sure you are sitting on top of the Washington Monument, Control turn the scouts level to maximum".

"Roger out".

"Dragons destroy those scouts!"

It took the Dragons 60 seconds to do as she commanded, more then enough time for the news folks to get some really great shots of her pets in action.

TBC
Dragon Riders

Must love dogs
Chapter 7

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dragon Riders Part 2

Wondering if the Dragon Academy School is set up like a British/Hogwarts syle with four seperate dorms, or like the American style and are there any clubs, sports, or extra curricular activities

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Comet. Fetch.

terrynaut's picture

hahahahahaha

I love it. I wonder if your brain injuries have made you more creative. I think you're doing well. Yes, you could use an editor but then again, virtually all authors need help from editors at least some of the time.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

I like this... funny yet quirky story

I am excited to see where this goes, because I have enjoyed reading both chapters so far.

I agree with terrynaut, although you have a really good story, you could use some additional help, and spell check seems to be removing certain words from some of your sentences.

One of the most helpful things I have found for my writing is I use some of the free Text to speech programs out there. Having the computer read back what you type will help you fix difficult to spot grammatical errors in sentences that seem to be missing an adjective or verb. It will also help polish your own style without relying on an editor until you are ready for one.

Free NaturalReader <---free no purchase with Anna a Microsoft voice included.

I use this program to listen to my own stories as well as I copy and paste stories posted here on BCTS into the program. So I am free to surf the web while stories are read to me.

thank you

Just letting you know I use this almost every time when I not sure how my edit was, it helps to hear the words from another source, thank you for letting me know of this.