My Chance At Last

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

My Chance at Last

By

Julie D Cole

I want to share a very special time that I had whilst living in Hong Kong. I was short of money so I decided to take a job in a bar that was pretty hard work and I was on my feet for almost 8 hours a day. The owner was awful to me because I’m not the most masculine of people and she said that I needed to start at the bottom as a glass collector and then work my way up. It meant that I only got a small percentage of the tips so I had to rely on the meager wage to buy food and pay my rent so not much was left at the end of each week.

All this hard work meant that my weight and size dropped dramatically but probably it was also because I didn’t eat many foods that were filling or fattening. We had been issued with outfits that I prefer not to call uniforms and I had black trousers and a black shirt with canvas shoes. Most of the girls were serving customers in the bar and the owner liked them to wear mini skirts and blouses and they were at least allowed to alternate. Some nights were white blouses and others were yellow, blue or pink. The more cleavage that was shown the happier the customers and the bigger the tips. The barmen got to share the tips if the girls collected enough but never me as a glass collector.

At least I had some fun with most of the girls except for one who went out of her way to bully me. She even pulled my hair and twisted my arm on some occasions to let me know I had to keep out of her way. Some of the girls did want me to have a share of the tips but she stopped them.

Over the weeks that I worked there several staff left but I was never given chance to move to the bar that was probably a decision made between the owner and this bitch of a waitress who seemed to become the staff supervisor overnight. I knew that was going to mean more hard work and abuse and less chance for transfer or anymore pay. I hated her and tried to keep out of her way.

Then one night the owner was away and Bitch face was not working. Ivy who was a nice girl was trying to organize things and one of the barmen was helping. Two girls went sick so we had four barmen, me and Ivy and one other waitress and the bar was busy because some event or other was on.

Ivy asked me to help out so I said OK but they already had the four barmen. Then she said that she meant as a waitress. I mumbled back that it was impossible because I was a boy but she wouldn’t take any excuses and because I’m part Asian I had soft skin and nice features so I could easily pass as a waitress.

I didn’t tell Ivy that I did like to dress in my sisters clothes when I was living at home and that I had a small stash of clothes and some shoes in my small apartment and still spent some relaxing time as Karen. So walking in heels was very pleasurable and I’d practiced a lot.

So despite my resistance Ivy pulled me into the staff room and opened a locker to present me with a uniform. Tonight was the night for white blouses and black mini skirts with nearly black tights and black stilettos with 3 inch heels. ‘I can’t wear those’.

‘Why not?’

‘Well first of all they are the wrong size.’

‘OK solved. Here are my spares and it looks like you are the same size as me. Now what’s your next problem?’

‘They’ll kill me since I’m used to my canvas shoes.’

‘Well if you don’t try you will never know and don’t think our feet don’t ache at the end of the evening. Is that it?’

‘Well OK I’ll try but I am a bit flat chested aren’t I?’

‘Mmm let’s see what we can do take off your blouse and put on this bra. Not bad so lets pull you into position to give you a cleavage.’ She took some tape from a drawer and pulled my breasts together popped on my bra and packed it with soft tissues and I was amazed at the effect. I had cleavage. Wow.

Then Ivy took a brush from her bag and re-styled my hair to part it on the other side and it did look a bit more feminine. She applied some liptick and a little mascara to my eyes and there was Karen the new waitress.

‘Come on let’s get going because customers are getting impatient. Here put on this nametag and remember that’s your name.’

‘But who will collect the empty glasses?’

‘Don’t worry about that my mum is going to help and she’s already on her way.’

So that was it a new waitress was reluctantly born and pushed into the busy bar. The guys behind the bar were making fun at first but then it started to get really busy and they saw that I was doing OK so they accepted me with no more mickey taking.

It didn’t take me long to master the art of serving several customers at once and even encouraging them to drink quickly and the tips started to flow. Jake commented that it was the best night we’d had for ages and most of the tips were coming from my high speed service and the customers had taken a shine to me.

I was having the time of my life, being paid a better rate and racking up the tips. Ivy was delighted and several customers asked who I was and commented on my bust and nice legs. I felt awkward to have such comments made about me and blushed a lot.

Then one of our regulars who was sitting at the corner of the bar called me over and he obviously knew who I was. ‘Hi Kate dearest, you do look extra nice tonight.’

‘My name isn’t Kate, it’s Karen.’

‘Oh really. But it says Kate on your nametag.’

‘Oh sorry. This isn’t my uniform. I just borrowed it.’

He looked deep into my eyes and said ‘I know it’s not your uniform. I know all of you and who has the best features.’

‘Oh really.’ I felt a little bit uncomfortable for a moment but then he smiled and I realized that he was joking.

‘Yes you have the nicest legs and a cute butt. Did anybody ever tell you?’

‘No I try to keep myself to myself.’

‘Yes you are normally wearing trousers aren’t you. I’ve often thought that you were the most beautiful girl in here and that they were mad to have you collecting glasses.’

I must have been crimson by now but at the same time his flattery was exciting me.

He was a nice man called Teddy that was short for Edward. I could see why he had this name because he was as cuddly as a teddy bear. He was semi-retired and he’d made a lot of money in America before he came to live in Hong Kong. I always liked him because he spoke to me even as a glass collector but tonight he was extra kind.

He drank bourbon so I made sure that he got large measures and none of the watered down stock that bitch lady tried to pass off. He made me feel very confident in myself and said I had a figure like a model. I laughed and said he was such a smoothie.

Teddy normally would disappear to eat around 9pm but for once he just ordered snacks in our bar. He was very generous to me and gave me a $20 tip. Not Hong Kong $ but US $. Wow. But I still put it in the tips jar.

By 11pm my feet were aching and by midnight when we closed the bar they were dropping off. Teddy had gone and as we shared up the tips I’d cleared more than $500 Hong Kong myself that was the best night anybody could remember for ages. It was either the fact that bitch lady wasn’t working or my high speed service according to Ivy but I was sure it was the former and not the latter. By the way I guess that $500HK is about $70 US so not a bad nights work.

When we went to the locker room I started to get changed back into my own glass washer gear when Ivy said to stop and she’d loan me a nice top so we could call for a nightcap or a coffee.

‘But I can’t go out like this.’

‘Sure you can so come on let’s go for an extra special treat on the way home.’

‘Where to?’

‘Lets go for a foot massage to one of the late night massage places that I know.’

‘No aren’t they a bit seedy?’

‘Of course not they are legitimate. This is new Hong Kong not like twenty years ago.’

‘But I never had a massage before.’

‘then you are in for a special treat and don’t worry I’ll get us a discount through my friend. It will cost us about $50HK each.’

‘OK I would like to try because my feet are really aching in these heels.

Ten minutes later we met JoJo her friend and we’d paid. As we entered the salon it was pitch black. Even with soft lighting I couldn’t see a thing. I tripped over the step and nearly broke my heel. We were taken to a small room where we undressed to bra and panties and we were given a night towel robe and a pair of silky shorts to wear underneath.

As we moved through to the massage lounge each of us were greeted by a young masseuse who settled us into big leather arm chairs that reclined. We were covered with lightweight towels and then my girl who was called Angel genly placed my feet into the wonderful soft warm wooden bucket of warm water sprinkled with rose petals and with oil essence to help circulation and bring our feet back to life.

Oh the bliss and Angel hadn’t even started.

Then she put back the chair a little more and placed a warm bag across my tummy for relaxation. I laughed because I’d seen girls at work place warm bags to relieve pain at the time of the month so I joked to Ivy ‘Is it my time of the month, I’ve forgotten.’

Well after that Angel went to work on my shoulders and she found tension to relieve that I didn’t expect her to find. She moved down each arm and pulled the tension out of my body through each finger tip. It was like a small electricity charge each time.

‘I thought this was a foot massage.”

‘It is but this is because you are Ivys friend. She said you did her a big favour tonight.’

‘Oh thanks. But it isn’t really necessary.’

Well then she moved on to my feet and legs commenting how nice and slender my feet were and how I should come back for a pedicure and she’d give me a special rate. Wow I was really tempted by now and I was feeling fantastic.

Angel worked hard under the soles of my feet and the aching soon disappeared. I felt like I wanted to dance by the time she’d finished. She pushed and pulled and it wasn’t at all ticklish like I’d expected.

She the dried each of my feet and legs in turn wrapping them in towels so carefully that I felt like a baby getting ready for bed. She applied oils and creams and massaged until they were fully soaked in.

We finished just ahead of Ivy and were then given a cup of hot Chinese tea and we sat for five minutes before dressing to leave.

‘Well how was your first time Karen. Did you like it?’

‘Oh Ivy I want to do it again it was wonderful. You are so lucky to be a woman.’

‘Well let’s see what we can do tomorrow and if I can’t persuade bitch lady to let you work as a waitress on a more regular basis.’

‘Oh Ivy I do hope so. It was wonderful.’

So you didn’t mind to be Karen tonight?’

‘No it was great but I’ve got to get into my apartment like this and what if someone sees me?’

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A wonderful relaxing massage for the mind...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Julie, I can feel the tension just dropping off. A lovely solo? Or a marvelous beginning? Either way, great entertainment. And the massage was SO relaxing!

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Lan Kwai Fong Or Lockhart Road?

joannebarbarella's picture

I'm sure I've been to that bar! But I've never been to the massage parlour.

Nice little story Julie, and in Hong Kong there's a bitch-lady in every bar,

Joanne

You know your way around

Of course it's Lockhart Road. I'd love to introduce you to the owner and the bitch and Teddy at the bar. I can really recommend the foot massage. I'm thinking at least once per week from now on.
Hugs

Jules

I'd love to visit...

Andrea Lena's picture

...perhaps one day you can give this old girl a tour? Love your work to pieces!!!!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Angel worked bad under,

Angel worked bad under, Testking 350-018 the soles of my feet and the pain soon disappeared. I felt similar I hot to dance by the moment she'd dressed. She pushed and pulled and it wasn't at all ticklish, Testking 70-432 equivalent I'd expectable.

My Chance At Last

To be a girl. Hope she gets more chances and can get the chance to choose to be a boy, or a girl for good,.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

nice story

ninatg1's picture

It seems so real and plausible. I think Karen was made for the job... do they need more help?

Nina

Everything is real isn't it?

Oh Nina you are so right. This is a story from real life about real people that I've met and a recent real experience with a foot massage.
It was written because a nice friend suggested readers like stories like this so I thought I'd see if it was popular.

Jules

Hong Kong waitress

Jules,

Good story and you took time to set it up the story and plant seeds, then you began the delivery and there are more expectations.

Between being in your shoes or at your table I feel I can't lose.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you Julie,

You tell such a good story as others are now finding out.
Perhaps you can arrange a tour for your Aunties, 'Drea and
Joanne, and your old Grandma Alison,now that would be something,
Hong Kong would never be the same!!

ALISON

Good Fun

You are always kind to me. Yes Hong Kong or Shanghai offers such luxuries and pleasures where we can all feel totally feminine and enjoy the things women know are most important. Men have it so tough these days.

Jules

that was nice

kristina l s's picture

It hit all the high points but I will admit to just a minor little niggle that it had a pinch more flesh on the bones. Lean cuisine rather than a full meal maybe, but it does certainly still work as is. Hey I'm guilty now and then of doing short little things too, so don't mind me, I did like it.

Kristina

More flesh on the bones

Thanks. I could still flesh the story out a bit because of the experiences I based it on. I don't know if it is better to go back though and edit or write another story.

Jules