Reluctantly Marcie - Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Finnaly! Wow is reloaded and I can play again!

What do you mean I can't?

Common get real! I fed you yesterday.

I am NOT, I repeat NOT responisble for paying off your poker bets.

Whatever I am going to play...

WHAT THE FLAGNAR! YOU DELETED IT AGAIN!

This is a work of Fiction. No transpeople were harmed during the making of this story. Muses on the other hand are about to lose some limbs...

I woke to the sun shining into my face, which means its about 10 ish. I rolled over hoping it was really just a nightmare. No such luck the blobs are still stuck to my chest. I lay in bed for some time thinking it over. Was it really that bad to be stuck as a girl for three weeks. More importantly as Marcie.

I found myself wondering which was more important to me my boyhood or my sister's happiness. I had already agreed to be Marcie for the time being and her flower girl. I wasn't really a girl under all this stuff was I? It should be no different than that time in season 4 episode 16 Halloween. Just a bit longer and I didn't have a bloody pulsing open wound across my throat and forehead. It was kinda fun though best costume ever. Even though I was a female zombie in Blake's nightmare it was still funny. Heck most of the crew and cast couldn't stop laughing which was why it took 3 days to shoot it.

I rolled over again. Problem was this wasn't the movies wear after a few hours I could take off Marcie. I would have to be Marcie to real people for days. I usually go to a public school but for some reason, I blame television, the thought of going to school as a girl brought up the idea of a girls school uniform, pleated skirt, white blouse etc. I couldn't even remember if I had ever seen such a thing in real life. A small tiny part of me may have been excited at the thought but that was it. The rest dreaded the girls in school. Gwen had gone to a private girls school. The girls there were mean I remember that much.

I rolled over again. The problem was I had lost the freedom to chose for myself. That is what really was bothering me. I wonder can I still be Mark with a girls body? Is it possible? I just didn't know. I am only 12 how am I supposed to understand all this. I think grownups end up in creepy hospitals because of stuff like this.

A soft knocking occurred at my bedroom door. I knew it was mom when she opened the door and called out "Mark". I just sniffled as a reply. I didn't even know I was crying. I didn't look up or even move. I did feel mom come over and sit down on the bed where I was facing. She didn't say anything she just waited.

After a few minutes of silent sniffles she handed me a tissue so I had to move and blow my nose. When I sat up and looked at her she had a guilty look on her face.

"Mark I am sorry for what happened. Its all my fault I should never have let it go that far. I was just trying to protect you." Mom actually started to sniffle herself so I handed back the Kleenex box. We both cried for a few minutes. Each saying sorry to the other, I am not sure why I did that.

Mom explained that she was just protecting me. The Marcie parts were to help me be separate from Marcie. I know of a few child actors who are stuck in a stereo type of being the character they portrayed all the time. They are not and do not act that way off the stage but they are seen that way. Since I am not really Marcie this has not happened to me. I also remembered about Molly. Molly was a girl who was my current age at the time. She was cast as Cousin Molly Bucksworth, she was supposed to be my girly cousin for a season but after a week of shooting she got drugged or drunk, I forget which I was almost 6 at the time, and got caught by the director. It was the fame of being "Marcie's cousin" that allowed some older fan to entice her. She made a fool of herself in public and was cancelled from the show. I heard after the show ended that she is banned from acting again because of that. The "fan" is also in jail.

I am not kidding about the banned part no director will take her seriously because of that display. I know there was a video involved but I don't know anything more about that. Maybe when I am older I can find out more. So while I do not like what mom allowed to happen I can understand her reasoning.

We talked some more just small talk really. I knew it was more to let me calm down and think things through. I just sat there in bed in my pajamas after awhile we ran out of small talk and it was back to things. Mom talked about seeing a doctor to remove the Marcie bits, they were just latex, fake really. I told mom thank you but I would think about it. She left me in my room to think about it and I did.

I wondered what it would be like to at least get through the wedding as Marcie then I could get them removed via a doctor and return to myself. So really I wasn't stuck. I got up from my bed and went looking for some clothes. My normal boy clothes. The familiar y fronts, the worn jeans with the thin knees, the plain old tshirt a size or so too big. My regular day wear. I told myself the mirror would show me Mark as always.

I was wrong in the mirror was Marcie looking like a cute tomboy. I groaned someone somewhere would probably want a pic of this look. Shaking my head I left my room. I may look like a girl but I am still a growing teenaged boy. I was hungry and the smell of breakfast was enticing my now growling stomach. It wasn't until I got to the kitchen that I realized I hadn't eaten last night with everything going on.

As I got into the kitchen I found I wasn't the only late riser, dad was still in his pj bottoms and had that itchy stubble all over his face still.

"Marcie" Dad of few words before that morning cup of gross stuff takes effect.

"Dad" i just nodded.

"Daddy Marcie." he corrected, he always did things like this way back when.

"Oh right Morning Daddy!" the sweetness almost dripped in the air, its been awhile since I did the Marcie speak. Its a voice thing. He sputtered his precious coffee when I did that and I laughed at it. Not giggled but out right laughed. That more than anything else cheered me up. Stacy chose that moment to walk into the kitchen, she was of course all ready for the day, makeup just perfect, the right accessories with her outfit, which as dad did point out was a little older for her. It was a A line skirt that came over her knees and the tight elbow length sleeved top showed a little to much cleavage.

Dad and Stacy did their usual argument while I grabbed some cooked ham, soft yoke eggs and toast. I wasn't the center of attention and I loved it. Stacy routinely tried to dress above her years in what dad calls trashy. Dad wanted his daughters in suitable clothing, which according to mom, Stacy, and Gwen involved figure hiding "dumpy" clothing. As the only boy I could get away with the dumpy look. Mom tried many times to update "My look" with golf shirts and whatnot.

"You should dress more like Marcie is." I sputtered my berry juice at that comment from dad.

"What do you mean dad Marcie, Oh Marcie!" Stacy gave me the look and from the tone of voice I had committed some horrible sin.

"Leave me out of this!"well I tried. Didn't work though as before I could finish my breakfast Stacy pulled me towards her room. We passed Gwen in the hallway, a short few girl manual words that should be sentences just missing stuff and Gwen had the other arm. I tried to protest I didn't need anything and that what I was wearing was fine. I should be safe right? Wrong my first sin was apparently the "wrong" underwear. The list went on for a bit including my utter lack of makeup. They spent a few minutes going through Stacy's wardrobe for a modern look. My suggestions of the more girly type Marcie outfits being fine went unheard. Mom heard the arguing and came in to help. The "Tone it down girls" didn't make me feel all that better since I was one of the girls.

I now know why it takes an hour for girls to get ready. Every outfit is tried on then argued over repeatedly. In simple terms none of what Stacy has is really a Marcie style. Marcie is more of a girly girl, where Stacy is more along the lines of a hip lost tomboy chick. I don't get the terms either. The comments from Mom and Gwen about Stacy's drab wardrobe had me in fits a few times.

Most people don't know this but a public relations agency or PR rep does more than just post around pics for child actors they help build an image for them. This is what was used to decide on Marcie aka me style. My rep was Bob Matliks, he has one of those last names that sounds worse than it is. Bob is really a nice guy and his staff of 10 people, all girls for some reason, are the ones that have worked and maintained Marcie's image being totally separate from plain Mark.

They finally settled on a mid length lace trimmed denim skirt and a plain white top with Girl Power on the front. I think that's from some group but at moment can't remember the name. A bra and panty set are chosen from the back of Stacy's drawer as well. I was then ushered to my room to get properly dressed after a bath. I complained I had one last night. This got me looks from all three and a "What?". 8 minutes later I was washing with a poofy in a scented bath water. None of which were mine.

It was well past lunchtime by the time I had gotten ready as Marcie with her new updated makeup look from last night. Gwen Mom, and a changed Stacy were waiting in the living room for me. The flower girl dress fitting wasn't until the evening so I didn't see what the fuss was about. When I got down and they approved after a minor correction to my eyeshadow, apparently I had chosen night time verse daytime shadow.

I still didn't understand why Mom was insistent we didn't have enough time. Mom mentioned something about a new wardrobe for the little time. I didn't really pay that much attention as I thought she meant Stacy and not me. During the drive we did some small rehearsing. To the public Marcie Swain is my cousin, and Mom is my Aunt Helen. They had me practice saying Aunt Helen in the Marcie voice. Which although I hadn't noticed, with my changed voice and the speak I overheard from girls at school, had changed Marcie from small girl to modern teenager.

The trip to the mall was thankfully uneventful and we all got out as if it was the most normal thing in the world. In reality I was nervous. Almost 4 years had passed since I was last Marcie in public, well in public for real not on tv that's different. I was sure I would get recognized, one as Marcie, or two as Mark in a dress. At first nothing happened when just crawled along looking into this or that shop. After spending about 30 minutes just choosing underwear we made it to the cashier. This is where it got a bit weird. The girl behind the till kept giving me strange looks. I was ok with that but moms 'Grab your bag Marcie' kinda put a stop to that.

"Oh my god! Your princess Marcie!" squeal. It was the wrong thing to say or do. Squeals are like the female distress call and therefore most of the girls rushed towards us. Many whispers of "Its really her" followed. It took the cashier two tries to run the items through. She had insisted that I get a discount. I also had to sign an autograph on a hastily torn book cover for her. I almost signed it 'Luvs and huggles Mark' but changed it to Marcie at the last second. Getting the girly hearts with dots took me a bit as I was definitely rusty.

I thought for sure a bunch of the girls would demand autographs as well but actually only three did as the rest ran off to parts unknown. We moved on to yet another store for more shopping and I finally understood that the wardrobe was for me for the next few days. I didn't really think I would need all that much but Mom, Stacy, and Gwen were in their element. They have this thing about it its like a fever overcomes them and they become like small girls in a candy store. Ones that have overdosed on too much sugar anyways.

As an example we had been in this store for all of 20 minutes and I had tried on ten outfits, only two of which were the same outfit just different colors. Which is fairly impressive when you consider the small store has only 5 racks in total. When I am interrupted by Patty from the agency. I certainly wasn't expecting her at all, she isn't in the loop, so I gave her the Marcie squeal and hug. I wasn't really all that thrilled to see her but put on a good act.

"Marcie you look so grown up now just look at you." she gushed. It was an effort to not roll my eyes.

"It must be my lucky day as we are just releasing your series on Dvd you have to come over for the promotion."

Uh oh...

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Reluctantly Marcie - Part 3

What if there is a call for Marcie to return to the T.V.? Could Mark handle being her and not give in to the Marcie alyer ego?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

"Uh oh..."

Uh oh indeed. He's headed deeper and deeper into the fem side. I hope he can handle it...

DogSig.png

Either this is all one chain of ?un?-happy accidents or...

He is being set up.

What are the odds the rep from the producers of the show would be at that mall and that shop while he is stuck as Marcie and the show is about to be re-released on DVD? Admittedly you go for help from those you know but mom seemed to call in the former show folks way too fast for just an ordinary wedding that was not also a publicity event.

Why couldn't the flower girl do it in a wheelchair or on crutches? Is her leg or whatever really broken? Is is all an accident, has evolved into more or was planned? Does the mom/dad still see Marcie in him and the boy as a shell? What the BLEEP is the truth here?

- GRIN -

And all the clothes?

Mom did make a half hearted attempt to say they could go to a doctor and have the fake bits removed but it rang a little hollow. She knew he loved his sister, Bridezilla or not, and wanted to help and getting cut out of those appliances might mess up the wedding, certainly the dress fitting.

Why can't the manufacturer be called, told what happened and have them overnight ship fresh solvent or even fax them the recipe for the solvent mix so a doctor can remove them without damage? Why the LONG road of a clothes buying spree for the almost teenaged Marcie? And the clothes don't solve his school delema.

Dad is helping and hurting with calling her Marie. Safer in a way, less chance of leaking his secret but demeaning/devaluing the boy and the sacrifice he is making. This maybe BC and many here would love to be dragged lovingly into womanhood but is it what this child really wants/needs, in their heart of hearts/soul ?

You KNOW beyond wanting HER to *hawk* the DVD's the studio will want to film the wedding with their former star participating. BIG publicity push and HIS life goes out the window.

He's only 12, give the boy a break!

You muse is a cruel task mistress.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. you need some new stuff for Missing Manhoods, tels? Maybe it would placate your muse?

NAH!

John in Wauwatosa

OK, Time! It seems clear: Mark WAS betrayed by his mother..

Ole Ulfson's picture

Perhaps by his entire family including daddy and by the TV (no the other kind) people! Where is his resentment and rage? Hell, where is his breakdown and therapist?

I just don't see someone in Mark's, MARK'S, position just going along quietly. It's not real. If he doesn't care, there's no story! Without conflict, there's no story!

I love this story, up to this chapter, but if MARK doesn't care, the next and final chapter should be: And she lived happily ever after to the end of her days!

Sorry 'bout that,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Unlike a previous poster, I

Unlike a previous poster, I could see this going either way.

It seemed to me that Mark isn't a manly man, or anything else. He's pretty androngynous as a boy; effeminate to a degree. He obvious passes as a girl with almost NO help at all, so in full dress, doesn't even raise eyebrows.

Mind you, I think he has a strong sense of self identity - you have to, to be able to go back and forth between two radically different roles (three, if you consider 'Princess Marcie' and 'going outside Marcie' as two). It is just that the identity doesn't depend on gender or sexuality.

Now, having suspicions on family motivations is fine, but I could see other things going on. The _family_ might not have planned anything, but the agencies could have heard about the wedding, and decided that the real life family of 'Marcie' having a wedding involved might be a good trigger for setting off a round of DVD's. Note that despite him starting young, he last played 'Marcie' at age 8 - four years ago. That's about one round of re-runs, then release to DVD/VHS.

Sometimes it really IS coincidence, at least to the humans. You might look at someone higher up manipulating, but it doesn't have to be a conspiracy!


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Uh oh...

You should really try to find out what your muse is eating/drinking/smoking each time before she "convinces" you to write these stories...

...so that we can make sure she has enough supply ;)

Thank you!

Martina

Don't

No encouraging my muse!

Really?

It does not appear that she requires much in the way of encouragement.

You, on the other hand, may need a tranquiliser. Of course, if we get you drunk, then the muse can push past your resistance and take over!


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

A Question?

The plot goes as if Mark were stuck (well, semipermanently) in the girl appliances.

From Part 2: >> The end result was that the product she had used was a special adhesive that requires this remover to remove. None of the other removers on the market would remove these. <<

I'm often wrong or have poor understanding, BUT doesn't the sentence imply that "this remover" is also on the market? Emma's a professional make-up artist and has access to all kinds of tools of the trade, like adhesives. This stuff wasn't slipped to her by some rouge chemist. I think someone bought the adhesive, therefore the adhesive is "on the market" (to the right clientele), so then the remover should be on the market. For sale. Just buy more! If Emma needs to go thru' some TV studio purchasing department, so what? Just do it; it can be shipped to her overnight.

Maybe neglecting this simple solution is part of the conspiracy to "bring Marcie back".

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

One *trope* I've seen used to keep breast forms stuck on is ...

"this is a sample product that is not yet FDA approved so I only have the one can of remover but they are the most realistic fake breasts to date."

Or " I Googled the manufacturer to air freight more remover but they went out of business last month." or some other reason. Or "Damn it, I tried but there is a pilots strike or bad weather or UPS drivers all walked out on strike so I can't get any solvent until next week. The manufacturer said most acetone/heptane mix based solvents would take them off in an emergency but would likely ruin the forms and are harsh on the skin unlike their special enzyme activated solution" or yada yada yada.

Or worse... Um, I have bad news. These are not the forms I thought they were. There was a mixup at the factory in labeling. These are intended for SRS patients and have special hormones in the glue and gel that stimulate real breast growth. To take them off now might cause severe reactions from the sudden loss of the hormones...Or "I bought these from a weird shop from a bathrobe wearing man who said he was a wizard. He said it was important to read the instructions but a fake breast or vagina is a fake... OMG! Have you showered or taken a bath in them yet????""

I'm inclined to see this as an accident but as mom called in the former Princess Marcie people the network/studio thought what a great idea to get the teenaged Marcie to promote them. They were afraid to ask as they remembered he didn't want to be her any more but now that she is back...

IE more taking advantage of the situation than causing it.

Still worry about the kid.

Hum, another small for his age kid. Some TV and Hollywood child stars had growth disorders like the girl from National Lampoon's Vacation who could never grow up normally and died from complications of her genetic disorder in her early 30s still looking like a teen.

So why is he so young looking. But he is... what 12 so no red flags quite yet.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Ooooh, tels. I have something for Manhoods I think. Give me a few hours.

John in Wauwatosa

Well, the implication that

Well, the implication that the top was crystalised makes me believe that it wasn't so much a _solvent_ as a _catalyst_.

Considering that the prosthetics are experimental (have temperature sensitive "nipples", etc), then I'd expect that the bonding agent isn't really a glue, but rather a complex organic molecular structure designed to specifically transfer heat/sweat/etc between the prosthetic and the body (and possibly adapt to the multilayered structure of skin). Thus, you'd need a releasing agent capable of altering the structure of the molecule, not simply breaking the bonds. Breaking the bonds would _still leave the agent in the skin_. Otherwise, they could simply use MEK to dissolve the prosthesis.

That said, part of the issue is that if Mark is stuck as Marcie for the week or so to get a new supply of the deactivating agent, he might as well _stay_ that way until after the ceremony, rather than switching back and forth during final fittings, rehersals, publicity events (What? You don't think that people would be following her ex-costar and realize that "Princess Marcie" was around?)

Again, don't put everything down to conspiracy.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

It may not be a conspiracy

but nobody is really all that unhappy at the situation either. They are all more than willing to take advantage of Mark and his predicament for their own benefit. I see no real concern for him and his well being from any of his family or anyone else.

Keep in mind that almost

Keep in mind that almost noone actually _knows_ everything.

The makeup artist doesn't necessarily know that this was only a temporary willingness. She might have figured it was the same as before, which is 'sure, I'll be Marcie when it's necessary!'.

The PR person at the end has been stated straight out to be 'out of the loop' - to her, it's just "Great! Marcie's visiting, so we can try to take advantage of it!'.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

This message is for your muse

Please, Please, Please encourage Tels to continue the Reluctantly Marcie series ! ! ! !

_Bev_

agreed

would love to see if this develops and if it does what happens next kind of thing because as is it seems to me to leave us all hanging a bit

Uh oh...

The English Teacher's picture

Can anyone else see the avalanche beginning?

What next? Of course she'll have to do the promotion, Then it's off to girls school and then the producers will be calling with just the right script.

Holy Hanna Montana, batman!!!!

No wonder Tels put and end to the run-away freight train.

So much to read, so little time and only one of me :)

The English Teacher

Reread this product of your crazed muse, tels...

demands completion.

Nuff said.

Hum, beyond Belle and your Dorothy colab, any news on Missing Manhoods?

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. And then we have your transformed, almost certainly by magic, boy and her super girl costume lurking in you muses's mind.

P.P.S. So what is your typical breakfast, tels? A five pound bag of sugar and a case of Dr Pepper?

John in Wauwatosa