You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 17

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 17

Previously...

    Becky and Danielle had reached their home as they talked and Becky looked a little worried when she saw Prue’s car parked up outside the house. Danielle saw the new car parked up, but she had no idea that it belonged to her nana Prue.

     “Looks like your nana Prue might have some answers for you Danielle.” Becky said as she pointed out whom the car belonged to that Danielle was currently looking at as they walked up the driveway to the front door.

    Danielle suddenly felt really scared again, but this was a much bigger fear than the one she’d had when they were walking up the drive to her new Gran’s house. Danielle was scared that her nana Prue was about to say she had to become a boy again.

And now the story continues...

    Becky stopped walking when she felt that Danielle was now dragging her feet, so she turned to make sure nothing was wrong, but she soon saw there was when she saw the look of fear in Danielle’s eyes as she was almost trying to walk backwards down the drive again.

     “What’s wrong sweetie?” Becky asked looking worried at the sudden change in Danielle’s mood.

     “I don’t want to pretend to be a boy again Aunty Becky. Please don’t let them make me be a boy.” Danielle begged as she started sobbing again.

     “No one is going to make you be anything you don’t want to be sweetie.” Becky said in a soothing voice as she wrapped her free arm around the sobbing girl. “Come on inside so we can have a chat with your nana Prue.” Becky added as she broke the hug and led a scared girl into the house.

    Danielle was glued to Becky’s side as they entered the house and made their way towards the kitchen. Danielle froze with fear as they entered the dining room and saw her nana Prue stood with nana Holly and a man that was even bigger than her Uncle Brad

     “Hi mum, mum, dad.” Becky said as she looked at first Holly, then Prue and finally Frank. “I wasn’t expecting to see either of you today. Do you have some news on Danielle’s condition?” Becky asked as she lifted her arm up to look at Danielle’s face peering around her to look up at Frank.

     “Hello dear.” Prue said as she stepped over and gave Becky a hug before she tried to give Danielle one without much success as she was trying to keep Becky between her and Frank. “You don’t need to be scared of Grandpa Frank Danielle.” Prue said with a smile as she bent over to look around Becky at the frightened girl.

     “I have a Grandpa?” Danielle asked as she took a better look at the large mountain of a man stood off to one side smiling at her in a friendly way. “He’s so big.” Danielle added, not being able to think of anything else to say at that moment in time.

     “That he is sweetie, but he won’t hurt you.” Prue said. “He just wanted to come and meet his new granddaughter.” Prue added as she held out her hand for Danielle to stop hiding behind Becky, and come meet him properly.

    Danielle looked nervous to start with, but she trusted her nana Prue, so she reached out with a shaky hand and then let her nana Prue lead her over to the large man. “Hel... hello Grandpa Frank.” Danielle squeaked out with a stutter.

     “Hello poppet. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Frank said as he picked Danielle up like she was a small doll. “And please just call me Grandpa, all the others do.” Frank added with a smile just before he sat Danielle on his left arm.

     “Nice to meet you Grandpa.” Danielle smiled as she realised that he wasn’t here to hurt her at all.

     “To answer your question Becky, yes I am here to talk about Danielle and her condition.” Prue said. “Don’t look so worried Danielle; it’s nothing bad I’ve found out.” Prue added when she saw the worried look return to Danielle’s face as she was still high in the air sat on Frank’s arm like it was a tree branch.

     “You’re a skinny little thing aren’t you?” Frank asked as he started to tickle Danielle, making her giggle and almost fall to the ground, but Frank caught her and then took a seat at the dining table, sitting Danielle on his knee as he did.

     “Frank! Don’t frighten me like that.” Prue snapped when she thought he was about to drop the girl to the floor head first.

     “I don’t know what you’re so worried about; she’d just float to the ground anyway.” Frank chuckled as he poked and tickled Danielle some more.

    Prue just gave Frank her trademark stern look, not that it did her any good as Frank just kept playing around with Danielle. “Would you like me to explain what I’ve found out Danielle, or would you rather me wait until your parent’s get home so I can explain it to them as well?” Prue asked when Frank finally stopped tickling Danielle long enough for her to stop giggling and get her breath back.

     “Do you mind if we wait until mum and dad are here to hear it nana Prue?” Danielle asked, feeling that having her new parents there when she found out the verdict and what would happen next, would make it seem less scary.

     “We don’t mind at all my dear.” Prue smiled. “I called them both before I came over, and Mandy invited us to stop for dinner anyway.” Prue added.

     “We better go and make a start on dinner then, or we’ll not be entertaining anyone this evening.” Holly said as she turned to make her way into the kitchen, but stopped and turned back to look at Danielle. “Do you want to come and help me cook dinner Danielle?” Holly asked.

     “Can I really come and help?” Danielle asked looking all excited as she slid of her Grandpa’s knee and ran over to where Holly was stood smiling at her.

     “I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t mean it.” Holly said as she held out her hand and took Danielle’s before they walked into the kitchen.

     “Do you want to come in the kitchen? I’ll make a pot of tea and we can talk while I help them sort dinner out.” Becky said as she got up from the table and then waited for Frank to get up and help Prue get to her feet before they followed Holly and Danielle into the Kitchen.

     “Best idea I’ve heard all day.” Frank said as he smacked his lips together to let Becky know he was thirsty. Becky and Prue both giggled as they knew how much Frank liked his cups of tea. Becky grabbed the box with the apple pie in it and took that with her so she could put it in the fridge for later, or them as Mable had sent two of them back with Becky and Danielle.

    Danielle was already busy helping Holly when Becky, Frank and Prue entered the kitchen. Holly was showing Danielle how to peel potatoes so she could boil them ready for going in the oven for roasting.

    Frank helped Prue take a seat at the kitchen table before taking a seat himself, while Becky put the kettle on and set to work making a pot of tea for them all. “Do you want a cup of tea with us Danielle?” Becky asked as she was sorting out how many cups she would need.

     “No thank you Aunty Becky.” Danielle said as she pulled a face to let her Aunty know she didn’t like tea.

     “I take that face to mean you don’t like drinking tea?” Becky giggled.

     “No, I don’t like coffee either.” Danielle said. “The only hot drink I do like is drinking chocolate.” She added in a dreamy voice. “I never use to get it very often, but I would always treat myself to one from a starbucks when I found one.” Danielle said with a grin.

     “Your Aunty Becky and Aunty Chrissy make a pretty mean mug of drinking chocolate you know.” Prue pointed out in a fake whisper. “They even throw on marshmallows.” Prue added as she saw Danielle’s little eyes light up.

     “I have to go into work tonight, but I’ll have a word with your Aunty Chrissy and make sure she makes you a mug.” Becky promised as she went over and gave Danielle a hug from behind as she kissed her on the cheek.

    Becky made the pot of tea and then got Danielle a can of soda out the fridge and opened it before putting a straw in it to make it easier for her to drink from it with wet hands while she helped her nana Holly sort out everything for dinner.

    It wasn’t long after Becky finished making the drink that they all heard voices just before they saw the kitchen door to the dining room open and Mandy, Carl, Chrissy and Amy entered the room.

    Mandy walked over to Danielle and hugged her from behind and she rested her chin on Danielle’s shoulder to see what she was doing. “Hello sweetie, did you have a good day?” Mandy asked.

     “Hi mummy.” Danielle said as she smiled and rested her head against the side of her mother’s enjoying the feeling of having someone care about her enough to ask about her day. “Yes I had a wonderful day. Aunty Becky took me to see my new Gran, and she gave me apple pie and ice cream, as well as some money for my birthday.” Danielle added all excitedly.

     “Did I just hear you say you had some of Mable’s apple pie?” Carl asked as he looked at the fridge door while licking his lips.

     “Yes she did, and yes Mable sent me back with two of them.” Becky said with a roll of her eyes at just how much Carl loved Mable’s apple pie. “Well almost two of them, Danielle had a piece out of one.” Becky pointed out.

     “That’s okay then, it means that Danielle has already had her piece.” Carl said jokingly with a straight face as he looked over at Danielle stood over near the sink.

    Danielle had very little practice with people joking with her, normally if someone said something to her they meant it, so Danielle thought that her father was being serious when he said she’d already had all the apple pie she was going to get. Danielle suddenly looked heart broken when she thought she’d not get to taste any more of that wonderful pie.

    Carl felt a lump form in his throat as he saw Danielle’s face and shoulders drop as he made his joke, so he quickly made his way over to where she was stood with Mandy. “I was only joking with you sweetie.” Carl said as he pulled Danielle into a hug with him. “You can eat as much of the pie as you want. You could even have pie for your dinner if it makes you happy.” Carl added as he broke the hug and looked Danielle in the face to make sure she was looking a little happier.

     “She’ll do no such thing Carl.” Holly said in a stern voice. “She can have a piece after she’s eaten her dinner like everyone else. That goes for you as well.” Holly added, She knew that Carl was a swine for sneaking a piece of pie before his dinner, when he knew that Mable had sent a couple home with Becky or one of the others when they call in to see her.

     “Okay, forget about the having it for your dinner part.” Carl chuckled as he looked worried. “But you know what I’m getting at.” Carl added just before he pulled Danielle into another hug with him.

     “Thank you daddy. I’d hug you back, but I don’t want to get your nice suit wet.” Danielle said as she just stood with her arms by her side.

     “It’s only a suit honey, so get them arms around me and show me just how much you love your dear old dad.” Carl chuckled as he hugged Danielle a little tighter.

    Danielle was only too happy to do as she was told. She was shocked though when she buried her head in her father’s shoulder and got a wonderful smell of flowers and sweet perfume, not the macho sent of male aftershave. She liked the smell a lot and took in a deep breath through her nose to enjoy it even more.

     “I love you daddy.” Danielle found herself saying like it was the most natural thing in the world to say. She’d watched other children out with their parents in the past, and always felt a pang of pain when she saw them being picked up, or simply held close to stop them getting lost. Danielle wished so many times to know what it felt like to be loved in that way, and now she finally knew.

     “I love you to Danielle my sweet daughter.” Carl said as he crushed her to him even more.

    Mandy not wanting to be left out was soon joining the hug as they both hugged Danielle to let her know she now had two loving parent’s to help keep her safe from the troubles of the world.

     “Do you want to come and talk with us and your nana Prue someplace a little more private sweetie?” Mandy asked once they stopped hugging.

     “Can’t we just talk in here, so I can keep helping nana Holly make dinner?” Danielle asked, partly because she was having fun helping out in the kitchen, but mainly because she didn’t want to be sat down when nana Prue told her what was wrong with her body.

     “Are you sure you don’t mind everyone else being present when your nana Prue explains what she’s found out?” Mandy asked to make sure Danielle had thought what she just said through properly.

     “We’re all family here right? So they all need to hear it at some point mummy.” Danielle shrugged. “I don’t want any more secrets from any of you; I’ve done enough damage already.” Danielle added as she thought about Lianna being upset with her, and not talking at the minute.

     “That’s the best way to look at it all sweetie.” Mandy said as she gave Danielle another hug. “And we will all be here to help you get through it, even the ones you don’t think are at the minute.” Mandy added as she knew what Danielle was getting at about the damage part and Lianna being upset with her.

    Mandy and Carl took a seat at the large kitchen table, as did Chrissy and Amy, so they could all find out what Prue had discovered about Danielle’s medical condition. Prue waited for everyone to get seated and then she started to explain what she’d found out from the rushed through lab work she’d had done.

     “Having spent some time talking with Danielle yesterday, I don’t think much of this will worry her, but we will need to get some things sorted out very soon, or she will start to suffer.” Prue started to explain.

     “What sort of things mum?” Mandy asked looking worried now.

     “Well you see dear, Danielle was never a boy. She is in fact a female, and always has been.” Prue said with a grin. “All the scans show her to be female apart from the defect between her legs, which is just a flap of skin covering her female parts.” Prue added as she turned to look at a shocked Danielle now stood over near the sink with a potato in one hand and a peeler in the other.

     “What are you trying to say nana Prue?” Danielle asked, not sure she understood what was being said to her.

     “You have the chromosomes of a woman, the ovaries of a woman, but for some reason it looks like you have the outer genitals of a male. The labia lips, or folds of skin that form the female genitals had fused, which enlarged to appear like a penis. You have a normal uterus and fallopian tubes” Prue said happily.

     “What does all that mean to the people in the room that didn’t go to medical school?” Carl asked for the group when he saw that Prue was under the impression they should all have understood her.

     “It means that with some minor cosmetic surgery, Danielle will be a normal fully functioning girl.” Prue explained more basically.

     “But if Danielle is a girl, then how come she’s not had a period, or any related problems from not being able to have a normal one like any other girl would?” Mandy asked as she tried to get her head round what her mum had just told her.

     “That’s probably the only good thing to come from her not eating properly all this time. Danielle is very under developed for her age, so it’s stopped that part of puberty kicking in yet, but it won’t be long now she’s eating right again.” Prue explained the eagerness for them to get Danielle booked in for the surgery to fix the problem.

     “How soon can you get her a spot?” Carl asked. “Get the best person in their field to do the work. No matter the cost.” Carl added looking all business.

     “Carl honey, don’t you think we should sit and talk with Danielle about all this first?” Mandy asked as she looked over at a worried looking Danielle.

     “I’m really a girl after all?” Was all Danielle could think to say as she tried to understand what her nana Prue had just said.

     “Yes you are Danielle, and once we’ve had that minor cosmetic surgery done, you will be a normal girl in every sense of the word.” Prue explained.

     “Do you mean I could get pregnant?” Danielle asked as she put a hand on her belly. She was soon trying not to giggle as she saw her father start coughing as he dribbled tea out his nose.

    Carl had picked the point just before Danielle asked Prue her question to take a large sip from the cup of tea Chrissy and Amy had poured for them all. The shock of hearing his new daughter asking about getting pregnant had caused Carl to suck in more tea than he should have, before breathing out his nose and taking the hot tea with it. Lucky for Carl the tea had been out for some time now, so it wasn’t too hot and didn’t burn him, but he did make a mess.

     “Yes it does dear, but looking at your father’s reaction to that question, I wouldn’t plan on finding out any time soon.” Prue said as she passed Carl some tissues, so he could clean himself up.

     “I’m sorry daddy.” Danielle said as she ran over and tried to help. “I didn’t mean to upset you, but I just wanted to understand what nana Prue was saying to me.” Danielle added as she helped to clean up the spilt tea.

     “You didn’t upset me honey, I was just a little shocked to hear you ask such a question at your age.” Carl chuckled as he pulled Danielle up onto his knee so he could show that he wasn’t upset at all, just worried to hear such a comment from someone so young.

     “Will the surgery be very painful nana Prue?” Danielle asked with worry in her voice as she sat cuddled up to her father.

     “It will feel uncomfortable for a couple of days after it’s been done sweetie, but I’ll be keeping an eye on you the whole time to make sure we have you on the best pain medication.” Prue promised.

     “I’d like to have it done as soon as I can then nana.” Danielle said as she tried to look brave, but really she was scared to death.

     “I’ll get a date sorted out then tomorrow.” Prue nodded at Danielle and Carl.

     “How does this sort of thing happen mum?” Mandy asked as she looked at Prue.

     “What, the mistake they made when Danielle was born, or the fact she was born this way?” Prue asked, not sure what Mandy was getting at.

     “I mean the way Danielle was born with female bits that looked male.” Mandy asked with a blush, not happy to be saying such things with her daughter in the room.

     “There are a number of possible causes dear.” Prue said with a sigh as she tried to think of some. “Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is the most common cause. Danielle’s birth mother could have encountered male hormones while she was pregnant with her. Her mother could have had a male hormone producing tumour.” Prue added. “The truth is Mandy we may never know the reason it happened, but we can help Danielle fix it and live a happy life as a female.” Prue smiled at Danielle sat on Carl’s knee as she said this last bit.

     “Mandy is the only mother I’ve ever had, the woman you just spoke of will never get the right to be called that, not after what she did to me when I was born.” Danielle said with anger in her voice, and in her eyes. “I’m sorry for using your name mummy, but I was making a point.” Danielle added looking a little worried that Calling Mandy by name might have got her in trouble, but that was soon laid to rest when she saw a tear run down Mandy’s face as she opened her arms to give Danielle a hug.

     “I’d promise to be the best mother you’ve ever had honey, but that wouldn’t be to hard would it, so I’ll just promise to make you as happy as I can.” Mandy said as she hugged the stuffing out of Danielle once she’d jumped down off Carl’s knee and jumped up onto Mandy’s.

     “You already have mummy.” Danielle said as she hugged her with tears running down her cheeks.

    Danielle was happy to sit on Mandy’s knee for a little bit, but she was soon back helping Holly while Mandy and Carl talked about the surgery and who Prue had in mind to carry it out.


*****

    Lianna had not been having the best day at school, she’d cheered up a lot since the chat with Lauren about Danielle and how she felt for her, but Lianna couldn’t stop wondering if what Lauren said could be true. It was now afternoon break and Lianna was sat in the library because Lauren had gym again next period.

    Hi Lianna, is everything alright?” Simon asked as he sat in the seat next to her. “You look troubled about something.” He added.

    Lianna wasn’t sure she wanted to talk to her former best friend about all this, but as she thought about it she realised that what Danielle had done to her was no different to what she’d been doing to Simon all these years.

     “Hi Si.” Lianna said with a sigh. “You could say I’ve been a little bit of a hypocrite with someone when I had no rights to be.” Lianna explained the reason for her troubled look.

    “Feel like talking about it?” Simon asked with a smile. “I won’t promise I can help much if it’s to do with all this, but I’ll try.” Simon added as he indicated the way his former best friend was now dressed.

     “You may be the only one that can help me at the minute Si.” Lianna said with a sad smile.

     “You really must be in trouble if I’m your only hope of fixing it.” Simon joked.

    Lianna found herself giggling, even though she didn’t really feel like doing so at the minute. “You need to have more faith in yourself Si, you’ve helped me out many a time with sound advice.” Lianna said as she playfully slapped Simon’s arm.

     “Well! Tell Uncle Simon what troubles you, and I’ll see if I can help you sort it out.” Simon smiled as he blanked the way his former best friend was acting so much like a girl now.

     “How did you feel when you first found out about me being this way?” Lianna asked as she looked down at her hands cupped in her lap on top of the school skirt she now wore. “Were you angry with me for not telling you my secret?”

     “I guess so, a little bit, but how do you tell your best friend a secret like this?” Simon asked as he pointed at the way Lianna was dressed now. “I think you did it the right way, and I’m not angry or upset with you over it, if that’s what’s worrying you.” Simon added, not understanding the real reason for Liana’s strange mood.

     “I’m glad to hear that Si, but the reason for me looking troubled has nothing to do with you and me, but how I’ve been treating someone else in a very similar position to me.” Lianna tried to explain without saying too much.

     “So you’re upset with someone for keeping a secret from you, and now it’s got you thinking about how you’ve been keeping a secret yourself?” Simon asked as he started to understand Lianna’s problem.

     “Yes.” Lianna said as she hung her head in shame.

     “Did this person or persons have good reason for keeping their secret?” Simon asked.

     “Yes, but I just thought they could talk to me about it, so I could help them.” Lianna tried to explain how it had made her feel when she did find out.

     “How many times did you come close to telling me about Lianna when you were still Dru? And why did you never tell me?” Simon asked.

     “Too many to count.” Lianna said with a sad laugh. “I was just too scared I’d lose you as a friend. Part of me knew you’d be cool with it, but another part was worried you wouldn’t be, and I’d lose you as a friend.” Lianna sighed.

     “And you don’t think this other person feels, or felt the same way about her secret?” Simon asked with a smug look as he could tell by the look on Lianna’s very different looking face to what Dru use to look like, that he’d made her think about it in a different light. “What’s Danielle’s big secret anyway?” Simon added.

     “How do you know that I’m talking about Danielle?” Lianna said as she tried to hide the shock of Simon working out who she was talking about.

     “It’s elementary, my dear Lianna.” Simon said doing his Sherlock Holmes impression as he pretended to smoke a pipe.

     “Please do tell Sherlock.” Lianna giggled at just how silly Simon looked right now. That’s one of the things she liked about Simon, he could always make her laugh when she felt down.

     “Danielle is the only new member of the family that could have a secret big enough to have you so upset.” Simon said once he stopped acting silly with his pretend pipe. “Do I get to know the big secret then?” he asked in a whisper as he looked around to make sure no one was close enough to hear it if Lianna did tell him.

     “Not right now Si, but once I’ve spoke with Danielle and she says it’s okay to talk about it then I’ll tell you.” Lianna said, not wanting to betray Danielle’s trust any more than she already had by the way she’d been treating her since the big secret was revealed the day before.

     “I can understand that Lia.” Simon said with a grin. “I should be used to you and your family keeping secrets from me by now.” He added with a chuckle as he bumped Lianna with his shoulder.

     “I’ve kept one from you, well two if you count this new one, and the names Lianna.” She added the last bit with a growl.

     “What about Anna? That sounds pretty cool.” Simon asked with a grin.

     “It’s L-I-A-N-N-A, not Lia, or Anna. I like the sound of the full name.” Lianna said as she stuck her nose in the air just before she started giggling.

     “Okay Lianna.” Simon chuckled. “I still can’t believe you managed to keep this from me for as long as you did now.” Simon added as he looked at all the little female things Lianna did so naturally.

     “Not as surprised as me Si. I got pulled to one side by Lauren or one of the other family members and told to be more careful how I acted when we were doing something.” Lianna said looking worried as she thought about some of them times. “It’s nice to just relax and be me for once with you.” Lianna added with a grin.

     “I’m still your friend Lianna. I’d say best friend, but with you being a girl now, it could get tricky if we start hanging out like we use to, but I’ll always be here to talk to about stuff.” Simon smiled. “And with some luck I might be able to hang out with you and Lauren a little more as well.” Simon added as he wiggled his eyebrows.

     “I trust you with my life Si, but if you ever do anything to hurt my sister...” Lianna said, not needing to finish it because Simon already knew he’d never do anything to hurt Lauren.

     “That’s never going to happen Lianna.” Simon said with his hand on his heart. “I want to take things slow to start with, and see if we have a spark.” Simon tried to explain.

     “Treat her wrong, or break her heart, and you could be seeing another type of spark.” Lianna warned him.

    Simon looked worried as he got a vision of Lianna’s Uncle Brad having a quiet word with him, or a serious lack of words, but something similar to Morse code. With Simon’s head being used as the thing being dashed and dotted by his fist.

     “Would backing out now be classed as breaking her heart?” Simon asked as he found his mouth had gone dry all of a sudden.

     “Yes it would.” Lianna said as she looked puzzled at the sudden U-turn Simon had just made. “I’m only teasing you Si, don’t worry about any of it really.” Lianna added when she realised that she might have laid on the threats a little too heavy.

    Simon relaxed a little after that and they sat studying until the bell sounded to let them now the school day was over. Simon walked with Lianna to meet up with Lauren, and to make sure Lianna didn’t get any trouble from other students, not that many of them would now they knew that the soccer team wasn’t scared to help her out in times of need.

    Lauren had just stepped out the girls changing room when she saw Lianna and Simon walked towards her. Lauren was stood grinning when the two of them reached her. “Hi sis, Simon.” Lauren smiled.

     “Hi Lauren. How was gym?” Simon asked as they started walking with Lauren in the middle so she was walking next to Simon.

     “Good thanks. The teacher wants me to join the hockey team after the holidays.” Lauren said excitedly.

     “Wow you must be good then.” Simon said looking impressed that the gym teacher had asked Lauren to join the team, and not just try out for the team.

     “That’s great news sis. Our mums will be really happy for you.” Lianna said with pride for her sister.

    They chattered about things to do with school as they walked, and they were soon out at the car park where Brad was stood waiting for them. Simon hung back when he saw Brad, but he did get a peck on the cheek before Lauren ran over to the minibus and jumped in. Simon saw the way Brad was looking at him, and quickly ran off in the opposite direction.

     “Why’s Simon running that way sis?” Lauren asked Lianna as she got on the minibus and looked to see what direction Simon was running in.

     “I’ve got no idea.” Lianna said before she saw him look back at Brad who was still watching him run away. “Uncle Brad might be able to answer that one for you though.” Lianna added with a giggle.

     “Uncle Brad! Stop trying to scare my boyfriend!” Lauren shouted before she realised what she’d just said. She slapped a hand over her mouth a little too late.

    Brad had spun around and was now giving Lauren the same look he’d just been giving Simon. Lauren could see why he ran off now; she wanted to do the same when she saw the look in his eyes. Brad just let out a low growl as he closed the side door on the minibus and walked around to the driver’s side and got in.

    Lauren and Lianna kept quiet on the trip home. Lauren because she was worried what her Uncle Brad was going to tell her parents. Lianna was quiet thinking about how to apologise to Danielle for how she’d been acting the night before.

    Lianna looked worried when Brad pulled into the drive at home and she saw that nana Prue was here, as well as Uncle Carl and Aunty Mandy. Lianna knew that something had happened with Danielle before she even got in the house.

    Brad parked the minibus, but before he even turned the engine off, Lianna had the side door open and she was running for the house. Finding the dining room empty, she headed for the kitchen when she heard voices and laughing coming from it.

    Danielle was giggling and having fun as she danced around the kitchen with Chrissy and Amy. They had put the radio on and were making her laugh with their silly dancing. Danielle soon stopped giggling though and looked away from the kitchen door when she saw an angry looking Lianna burst into the room.

    Lianna burst into the room, but looked puzzled when she saw that Danielle was fine, and having fun playing around with her mother and Aunty Amy. Lianna went to smile at Danielle to let her know she wasn’t upset with her anymore, but Danielle looked away before she got to see Lianna’s smile. Lianna went to speak, but was cut off by her mother beating her to it.

     “Go to your room and get your homework done.” Chrissy said when she saw the way Danielle reacted to Lianna’s look.

    Lianna went to speak but she was led from the kitchen. “But mummy, I...” Was all Lianna got out.

     “What ever it is can wait until later. Go and get your homework done right now.” Chrissy said as she sent her daughter up to her room with the other children that had just entered the house. “We have some news about Danielle to explain to you all later, while we have dinner, so we don’t want any trouble from you.” Chrissy added as she gave Lianna a little push towards the stairs.

    Lianna knew she wasn’t going to be able to explain anything to her mother now, so she followed the others up to their rooms and set to work doing her homework.


*****

    Danielle had been joined by Craig, Richard and Nicole, so they had all set to work laying the table with Amy and Amber helping them do it right. Then they returned to the kitchen so they could start grabbing the bowls with the food in. Danielle had been a little quiet since seeing Lianna burst into the kitchen.

    Dinner was soon on the table and Danielle was seated with Mandy one said of her and Craig on the other side. She saw Lianna, Lauren, Jessica and Jennifer enter the dining room, but she avoided eye contact with Lianna as they all took their seats and started to fill their plates. Chrissy had seated Lianna so she couldn’t start any trouble for Danielle while they all ate.

    Lianna could see that talking to Danielle over dinner wasn’t going to be allowed, so she decided to sit down with Danielle after dinner and say sorry. Lianna just hoped that the news her mother had spoke about wasn’t bad.

    Carl and Mandy waited for everyone to finish their dinner and have desert of apple pie and custard this time to make it a little different for Danielle. Then Carl asked for quiet while he explained what had been discovered about Danielle’s condition and what was being planned to correct it.

    Everyone looked worried when they heard the part about Danielle going in for surgery over the next couple of weeks. The only one that looked upset and angry about what had just been explained was Lianna.

    All Lianna heard was that Danielle was a real girl and would be able to do everything a normal girl can do. Lianna found herself getting jealous and angry over what Danielle was now. She pushed her seat back from the table and got up from her seat before storming out the room like she’d done the night before.

    Danielle watched Lianna leave the room and she let out a sigh as she wondered if they would ever be friends again. Due to the news and the fact Danielle had helped sort out dinner, Chrissy got all the kids to help with the dishes and clean up in the kitchen tonight. All the kids knew better than to argue with this, so they all got stuck in. None of them wanted to have a moody Lianna helping them, so they never asked about her helping as they got it done.

    Lauren wanted to tell Danielle what she’d spoke to Lianna about while at school, but after the way her sister had stormed out the dining room, Lauren had no idea how her sister felt again at the minute.

    Once the dishes were done, Lauren went to find out what Lianna’s problem was now. Lauren got up to Lianna’s room and knocked on the door before entering. Lianna was lying on her bed with her back to the bedroom door.

     “You okay sis?” Lauren asked already knowing it was a lame thing to ask, but not being able to think of anything better to say at that point in time.

     “No!” Was all Lianna snapped as she snuffled from all the crying she’d been doing? “Life isn’t fair sis, why couldn’t I have been born like Danielle, or a girl like you would have been even better.” Lianna said as she sobbed some more.

     “I know you feel like life has been mean to you sis, but taking it out on Danielle isn’t going to make things any better, or make you feel any better is it?” Lauren asked as she shuffled onto the bed and pulled her sister’s head up onto her lap.

     “I’m jealous of her sis, and I hate her for it!” Lianna screamed as she buried her head in Lauren’s lap and sobbed even more.

    Lauren just let Lianna cry for a bit longer until she finally stopped and pulled herself together, then she helped her to sit up again so Lauren could help dry her eyes. “Feel better now sis?” Lauren asked looking worried. “I hope you didn’t mean all those thing you said about hating Danielle?” Lauren asked with a pout.

     “No, but I am jealous of her, just like I’m jealous of you and every other girl in the world.” Lianna sighed.

    Don’t you think it’s time you went and let Danielle know you don’t hate her then?” Lauren asked.

     “Yep.” Lianna nodded as she got up off the bed and set to work hiding her puffy eyes.

    Time had gotten on while Lianna sobbed and then fixed her makeup, so by the time she looked good enough to face Danielle and apologise, it was close to bedtime, and she met her mother in the hallway.

     “You’re Aunty Amy and I are making drinking chocolate for everyone, do you feel like joining us?” Chrissy asked her daughters. “But only if you play nice with Danielle young lady. I’ve had enough of this silly mood you’ve been in the past couple of days.” Chrissy added in a warning tone as she looked at Lianna.

     “I’m sorry about all that mommy.” Lianna said as she hung her head in shame of how she’d been acting. “I was just on my way to Danielle’s room to say sorry.” Lianna added.

     “Well I was going to fetch her when I’d come to see you, so we can both walk down to her room together.” Chrissy said looking a little happier to see her daughter acting more like her old self. “Lauren? Go down and tell your Aunty Amy that we could be a couple of minutes due to Lianna wanting to say sorry to Danielle.” Chrissy said to Lauren as they got to the top of the stairs.

     “Okay mommy.” Lauren said just before she made her way down stairs while Chrissy and Lianna made their way to Danielle’s bedroom.

    Chrissy knocked on Danielle’s bedroom door and finally entered when she didn’t get an answer. Danielle looked to be a sleep in her bed, and she never moved when Chrissy entered the room and sneaked over to see if she was asleep. Chrissy hurried Lianna back out the room so they could let Danielle sleep.

     “It looks like you’ll have to wait until morning to say sorry sweetie.” Chrissy said once they were far enough away from the bedroom to not wake Danielle.

    Lianna didn’t like the idea of leaving it any longer, but she knew her mother was right. “Okay Mommy.” Lianna sighed as she let her mother wrap an arm around her and lead her down to the kitchen so they could have a hot mug of drinking chocolate before it was time for the other kids to go to bed as well.

    Amy and the others all looked a little sad that Danielle was already in bed asleep, but they all had their hot chocolate and then went to bed. Lianna was still feeling bad about all the trouble she’d been over the past couple of days, and also how she’d not been the friends she should have to Danielle when she needed one the most. Lianna thought herself to be no better than all the other people that had let Danielle down in the past, but starting tomorrow, Lianna was going to change all that and show Danielle what a true friend she really was.


*****

    Lianna woke just after three in the morning after having a weird dream to do with Simon and her going out on a date while Danielle was sat at another table with Lauren, on what looked like a date. Not being able to go back to sleep, Lianna slipped on her dressing gown and decided to walk down to Danielle’s room and wait for her to wake so she could say sorry.

    Once Lianna had walked down the long hallway to where Danielle’s room was, she quietly opened the door and sneaked inside. Lianna could see in the faint light coming in through the open curtain that the bed had been made, so Lianna thought Danielle must be in the bathroom so she entered the bathroom and had to turn the light on, which told her that Danielle wasn’t in there either. Lianna turned back towards the bedroom, that’s when she saw a folded piece of paper on the pillow, so she walked over to the bed and picked it up to read it. Lianna had to turn on the bedside lamp before she could.

    I’m sorry to leave you all this way, but I think it best I go and let you all get back to you wonderful lives. I can’t live in a house where Lianna feels jealous of me, and even hates me for what I am. I’m sorry I ever came looking for her now, as I never wanted to hurt anyone. I was just hoping to find a friend.

    Goodbye

    Danielle

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am delighted to see another episode

YHIAW is one of the FEW stories that I've re-read. I do hope that this isn't the last we see of it.

Thank you both and please remember that those who are with you far outnumber the few who have nothing better to do than mourn the fact that they can't write a decent story.

Susie

Danielle and Lianna

Danielle is acting like Chrissy and Lianna is acting like Becky.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Not Nice At All - Cliffhanger

SaraUK,

This is not a nice way to end a chapter. Now we have to have a girl hunt and hope that it is successful. Hopefully, sooner than later, Danielle and and Lianna can work out their differences and reconnect. I'm looking forward to the continuation of this story.

Going back several chapters thanks for having Linda standing across the street. We need to hear more of her background.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

thanks

loved this episode really hoping for another next week. please
thanks with hugs

No...

Danielle why did you have to run away. If you were listening then you should have busted right in; told Lianna what you felt right there and then. Great chapter and can not wait for the next chapter.

Joshlyn Amanda

Danielle fits in the family

Danielle fits in the family so well, I mean really running away, maybe she should have been Chrissy's daughter lol. Lianna will have to do some serious bowing and scraping to make up for being a grade A brat about Danielle's medical condition. Granted I think most of us get jealous of gg's but I have never hated anyone for being gg. It's not their fault nature handed me a lemon rather than an orange.

Part of me doesnt blame Lianna after all she's young and dealing with a lot of new feeling, but I admit she has come accross in the last two chapters a whiney spoilt princess, maybe the worry over Danielle running away will get her over that. I imagine Mandy and Carl will be furious, I hope this doesnt cause sisters to turn on each other.

Having to wait a week to find out is gonna kill me, thanks for sharing

Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Yes she fit in ; )

tmf's picture

As JennaFL say the girls act as the parents once did. I'm sure Lianna will help find Danielle and explain what she meant when Danielle over eared her and Lauren talk.
Now Sara, you definitely have to continue writing. Be it book 5 of YHiAW, more TMaW, PG, or others stories.

Always a lot of Love and Happiness.
Peace tmf

Cliffhanger again...Grrrrrrr

Bloody hell another week of sitting on the edge,
yes danielle reacts a lot like Chrissy,
I hope she(Chrissy) can help Danielle when the find her,
and nothing happens to danielle (horror)

Thanks for your superb writing
Shh12

Thank you Sara,

I know that it will be worth the wait,I love this story
and I fully agree with Susie's comment,it is so true.
We need you Sara!

ALISON

You do realize she has not had her surgery yet

... and the thing is she will have her first period, like in soon.

One of your best cliffhangers hon.

Funny, I was always the most emotionally balance person, even puberty, twice, did not seriously unbalance me. Lianna is not handling it well at all. Sadly I don't believe even if Lianna does make up with Danielle that they could have genetic children as Lianna, unlike Chrissy and Amy and Cathy, she has not gone through a male puberty afaik.

Oh, Lianna was wrong, she has kept at least three secrets from Simon, the third one being that Mommy is TS but that is perfectly understandable as she has only recently informed and for all of her life she has only known her as being a normal woman.

Kim

Love This Story!

jengrl's picture

I love this story and have followed it from the beginning. Poor Danielle! That girl has been through so much and you can't blame her feeling the way she does. Lianna needs to understand that life isn't always fair.On the one hand, I can understand where she is coming from in wishing she was a biological female like Danielle and Lauren, but Chrissy and Amy need to sit her down and remind her that her situation does have the advantage of possibly having biological children with Danielle, the way her own parents had her and Lauren. That wouldn't be possible if they were both biologically female. I hope they can find Danielle and get a chance to talk to her, before something bad happens? I really hope there will be further chapters of this and all your other wonderful stories!

Hugs,

Jen

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Another run away because of a misunderstanding

Over the life of this tale, all the way from way back over there, how many times has someone ran away because they THOUGHT they were not wanted, not loved, or spouse was running around, etc? And now, we have Danielle, who at least has left a note, indicating she might have thought some about this, but she should have consulted the family about what was happening ( sound familiar? ) before she left.
Knowing the resources Carl has available, she won't be gone long, lots of love and very little harsh words is all it will take. And of course, listening to what the family has to say, and especially to what Lianna says to her.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm