Thanks, Mom!

Printer-friendly version

As Charley watched Mom mope around the house, just as she'd moped around the house since ... well, he just wanted to smack his older sister Ruthie silly!

They were so much in love, Ruthie'd written in the note she'd left, that they just couldn't wait. So before Mom had even started to think about wedding plans, they were gone, eloped! Mom had been devastated! She'd been so happy when Ruthie and Sam had announced their engagement; now she would get to be able to do with her daughter all the things she'd dreamed about since Ruthie was six and had dressed her Barbie in a wedding gown that they'd gone to the Barbie store and picked out together. All her plans had come crashing down, and, while she was happy for her obviously happy daughter, she couldn't get over her depression at not being a part of things.

That had been in September and it was now a brand new year. Charley loved his mother very much. but he couldn't think of anything he could do to help her ... till he say the Vaingirls ad on TV. Charley didn't have a transgendered bone in his body, and he had thought "RuPaul's Drag Race" was about cars! He'd never walked in his mother's high heels as a toddler, never tried on Ruthie's clothes or played with her makeup when a tween, never even been a caricature of a girl for Halloween, but when he saw the commercial, he knew what he could do.

And he did.

And Mom liked it.

And so did she.

Vaingirls 1601.jpeg

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Mom!

Glad to see you back, Jezzi Stewart!

Richard

Come to think of it...

Andrea Lena's picture

...I never went to my Senior Prom either. If I ever get a makeover, I want at least one pose in a Wedding Gown! Thank you, Jezzi!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thank you Jezz,

' quite delightful.Loved it.

ALISON

Good Story

What a lovely, short sweet twist.

Brava, Hermana

Joani

Thanks, Mom!

Cool story

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Great

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

But I wanna know the details... Come on girl, dish the dirt. Explore how Charlie felt and came to like substituting for his sister... Pleeeeeese?

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

SO good to see more Vaingirls!

I loved the original stories and have been hoping for more. Thanks Jezzi!

Hugs and love,
Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Yes. Details!

I wanna know who Charlene married???

Please write a longer story about this "switch" for Mom's benefit!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee