Derby Day Surprise - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

derbyday.jpgDerby Day Surprise — Chapter 2
By Julie D Cole


The flight was very comfortable and not busy, so I had an empty seat at the side of me and 2 in flight comfort packs so I could have a shave before we landed. One thing I found about travelling to US of A was I would be arriving just a few hours after the time I departed so I’d still have time to see a bit of New York this evening with luck.

I opened my laptop and searched through the data base I’d set up where I logged as much information as I could on my high-level key account customer contact. His name was Jeremy Boyce or JB as he likes to be called. He was Head of the UK operations. Well his actual title was Chief Executive Officer but he liked to have a more modern title. He didn’t realize his staff hated him and he thought he was God’s Gift to women.

He had been irritated with me at first because I had managed to get past his secretary. But because I’d disguised my voice and he thought I was a female he couldn’t resist. Finally, he responded to my questions after I dropped my voice to a husky style and told him I was ‘Pussy Galore’ looking for JB and was he Mr. James Bond 007.

He laughed and so he seemed to be attracted saying he had a saucer of milk for me if I wanted to pop in to see him. I didn’t have to try too hard after that and he persuaded me to give him my mobile number and he’d call me back. He did later the same afternoon. I then played little miss helpless needing his assistance.

He offered me lunch the next day but of course I had to decline. How could I? Still I built up a telephone relationship and managed to extract a little bit about his private life and his likes and dislikes. It also gave me chance to chat to his secretary and after two or three phone-calls, some flowers and a bit of girly chat she opened up a lot. She could certainly gossip and I had to keep my office door closed when we chatted so our voices didn’t carry. I was inventing a life about myself.

He definitely liked the ladies and so I found that I could now get at least 5 minutes of his valuable time. My disguised voice had been enough to get my foot in the door that he assumed was a 6inch black patent stiletto and not my size 6 Cuban heel. Well I am a bit of a shorty and I need all the help I can get. Isn’t it strange that men who try to raise their height are ridiculed yet girls can wear flats or platforms, pumps or even clogs or army boots and nobody even blinks. Life isn’t fair!!

Anyway, back to the story. I’d developed a rapport with him and he tried more and more to coax me to meet him. The more I resisted the more interested he was and the more orders I got even though they were small value. This was getting noticed in my weekly sales reports.

He was definitely attracted to me, getting worked up in our chats and I guess even I was even a little excited myself sometimes and he knew how to make me giggle. He was very suggestive and sometimes I could imagine myself as a woman with him standing naked over me like he said and so I was beginning to question my own sexuality. I had to keep reminding myself that I was trying to win over a major account and to be careful in case I was traced by him. This was dangerous but I still looked forward to the banter. He was funny and I was laughing.

Finally, I managed to convince him to join us on one of our corporate event days where we’d like to talk to him about signing an annual contract. He obviously saw this as his chance to meet me until I disappointed him by saying wives were also invited but by this time he’d said yes.

He asked if I was married or if I had a boyfriend that I’d be bringing along, but I said I was not usually invited and normally my boss stepped in.

‘Oh he comes in for the glory does he?’

‘She’s not a he, he’s a she and she’s very attractive. You’ll like her I promise.’

I was smiling to myself at the time thinking what would happen if I got invited and then I could meet him as Steve without telling him but say a few things he’d said to me to make him think a bit. Anyway, not much chance so I said he’d have to wait until the account had matured and that sadly he’d have to be satisfied with my boss until them.

‘Tell me more. What’s her name? Who is she?

‘Her name is Marie-Chantal LeClair and her mother was French and her Father from Belgium. The name itself had him drooling but I knew from his disappointed he wanted me, Sarah.

Anyway, as usual Marie was delighted to move in on the account since she would get all the glory and also pick up a fat bonus I suppose. In the meantime, I’d be packed off to search for more success. It’s a tough life in sales. Lots of travel and nights alone and it can get boring. No wonder I hadn’t met a girl and settled down. But I thrived on the sniff of an order and the small praise, but the commissions weren’t bad either.

Anyway at least my life had been more interesting since I’d found a new sales ploy with my disguised voice and I could be as much of a scamp as I wanted and it seemed like I could get away with murder. [lucky the death sentence is illegal in UK I suppose]

So now I’ve back-filled I should get back to the plot.

About an hour before we were due to land in New York I unpacked some of the clothes and went to the toilet to shave and change. Not spacious but I managed. In went masculine Steve and out came Sarah. Well not quite because I still had to look vaguely masculine to be able to pass through customs so the items I put on were feminine style but not all the way. I could hardly wear a skirt could I? These tight jeans looked OK but I had to be a contortionist to get them over my feet and up my legs. Bum looked nice and front zipper girls side for the left hand and some pattern on the pockets but they looked OK even though I didn’t get a full view in the mirror. The jacket was tighter fit than normal and I left the bra empty and with the buttons fastened I reckoned I could still pass for male. Did I just write that?

I put on some lip gel and left the wig in the bag until later. Eye liner helped a lot and I thought that wouldn’t really matter through passport control and customs as I was from England and normally at New York the customs agents are too busy trying to be rude to visitors to notice who is at the other end of the voice.

As I passed through the check point I couldn’t resist using my girly voice and so the immigration officer did at least look up with a frown on his face and said ‘Male or Female Sir.’

I just smiled as he looked me up and down, frowned, shook his head and waved me through.

Now I had to complete the disguise before I met anybody else and I needed privacy. So as I headed to the bathrooms I felt that I had to go for it. I opted for the girls bathroom. Wow we should have places like this. Clean and bright with fresh aroma.

Nobody looking at me so I ducked into a cubicle and put on the wig, waited a few minutes and then came out to tidy and comb it. Touch more make-up and hello gorgeous. Mmm not bad. Better than I expected. Now the voice had a woman behind it. My confidence increased dramatically.

So Sarah was out of the closet so to speak. [bathroom in America if you need the translation.]
Nothing to declare except my virginity and so out to the other side to try to find Carole. There he was. Mm he obviously kept himself in shape and as I got closer I almost cricked my neck looking up at him.

He smiled down and grabbed my hand to shake it and mine went limp. He squeezed it and leaned towards me kissing me on the cheek taking in the freshly applied Channel perfume that I’d purchased on the plane.

‘Nice Sarah. You smell scrumptious.’

Then he took my bag and put his arm around my waist guiding me towards the exit and whisked me off to the car park.

‘Want some lunch before shopping young lady to get your bearings?’

‘Err OK that would be nice. Do we have time?’

‘Don’t worry these places stay open late. As long as you are as decisive choosing outfits as I hear that you are with clients we’ll be fine. Sorry to hear this was dropped on you at the last minute. I’d have gladly spent a couple of days with you.’

I could see he was a real charmer.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Off to the Races

Julie,
Good story with Steve doing a balancing act. Seemingly Sarah is not presently showing signs of wanting to be involved or part of the race. But I suspect between his client and boss things do not always go as planned.

It will be good to see where the story goes and how people progress.

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you Julie,

Your story is coming along nicely,but I know how devious
you can be,and I love it,a lot of mileage in this one so
I will hold on to my hat,I think that it will be a wild ride!

ALISON

I made the mistake...

Andrea Lena's picture

...of not holding on, and my hat's already flown off. Do I hear the trumpets blaring First Call? The smell of Jasmine mixed with soil and grass? All that's left for me is to place a wager on the outcome, and I'm at a loss. I suppose this old grey mare will just bet on Julie to deliver another great chapter like this one!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

You give me pressure

How did I get into the saddle on this one. It was only a bit of fun for friends who like the Kentucky Derby. Now I'm expected to come from the back like Secretariat used to do.I'm only an amateur on this site. OMG I'll never learn!!

Jules

They're under starter's orders...

And they're off!! I hope this is a 4miles 376 years Grand National, not a 6 furlong sprint! Love it! Ginger xx

How many yards in a furlong?

I remember 8 furlongs in a mile and maybe 2240 yards in a mile. But we are running metres aren't we? So does my story have to be 5.36 times the sprint distance? That must be at least 10,000 words and it's over jumps as well. I'll try my best. Are you sure you can stay the distance?
Julie

Jules

Re: How many yards in a furlong?

Hello Jules,

...8 furlongs in a mile and maybe 2240 yards in a mile.

There are 1760 yards in a mile! Eight furlongs in a mile equals 220 yards in a furlong.

Regards,

Dave.

A Furlong

joannebarbarella's picture

Is 220 yards. A mile is 1760 yards, so 10 furlongs is 2200 yards. As a metre is about 1.1 yards the Derby is approximately 2000metres. If you want to change that into feet it's 6600! Words are optional!

See, you young'uns don't have all that useless information about Imperial measures. Just think how hard we had it at school,

Joanne

Maybe we're just a little too strong in our traditions...

I'm American, but I'm not one to stubbornly hold on to something when I know I'm beat. Metric is the way to go!

Kind of like all the money we waste in copper to make coins that go for one cent. I think it's dumb, but my dad thinks that the penny is some vital part of our nation's heritage. I just don't get it.

Keep the Pennies

'Cos your dad is right. But also because pretty soon a penny will be worth 10 euros.

Jules

Coins

joannebarbarella's picture

When Australia changed its currency from Pounds to Dollars (1966) one of the then new coins was a rather large 50 cent piece (a real wear-a-hole-in-your-pocket coin) which contained a substantial amount of real silver.

The price of silver increased dramatically when the Hunt Brothers tried to corner the world market in silver and the value of the silver in the coin became considerably more than 50 cents. The Hong Kong Chinese, never slow to recognise a bargain, went all out buying up the Aussie coins and shipping them to Hong Kong where they melted them down for the silver content.

The Australian Government belatedly recognised the favour that they were doing for these entrepreneurs and debased the coins so that the silver content became purely nominal,

Joanne

It's Basically Zinc Now...

Since the middle of 1982, the U.S. penny has been made of copper-plated zinc. (2.5% copper overall, 0.8% not counting the plating, according to Wikipedia.) That's why they don't get melted down, or collected by those folks who set up in hotel rooms around the country to buy gold, silver, platinum, etc.

Wikipedia says that it does cost more than 2¢ to make a penny, but apparently that's mostly from production costs rather than from the metal in it; making them from, say, aluminum wouldn't be much cheaper. (I get about a 1/200th of a cent for the copper at the current $3.50/pound (¾¢/gram), if I didn't blow a decimal place somewhere. The zinc, at 87¢/lb, would come to about half a cent.) And if pennies were eliminated and everything was rounded to the nearest nickel or dime, you'd most likely need to make a lot more of those.

Eric

It's One And A Quarter Miles

joannebarbarella's picture

Or about 2000 metres. I suspect that Steve/Sarah is going to have to run further and faster than the winner and probably jump a few fences and hurdles into the bargain. She may end up making the Grand National look like a doddle,

Joanne

Entering the home stretch

ninatg1's picture

With the preakness coming this weekend, i hope you can add a little more to your derby story. Its great so far.

Preakness?

I'll have to understand that before I continue. But I'm happy to oblige after that.

Jules

Simple....Triple Crown...

Andrea Lena's picture

From Wiki:

In the United States, the three races that compose the Triple Crown are:

Kentucky Derby, run over 1-1/4 miles (2.01 km) dirt track at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky;

Preakness Stakes, run over 1-3/16 miles (1.91 km) dirt track at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland;

Belmont Stakes, run over 1-1/2 miles (2.41 km), the longest dirt track in thoroughbred racing, at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A furlong is:

Ole Ulfson's picture

1/8 Mile or 220 yards. This is how it came to be so:

A furlong is a 'furrow long' or length of one furrow in a medieval field. The length of a furrow varied depending on the type of soil. It was usual for horses to take a short breather at the end of the furrow before turning in to the next furrow.

The heavier the soil, the harder the horses had to work, and so the less time between breathers. This led to shorter furrows, and therefore local variations in furlong length. These variations were not removed until the railways required a universal standard measurement.

The word itself comes from: Middle English; Old English 'furlang' length of a furrow.

Furlongs are used for the lengths of some horse races including the Kentucky Derby.

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Amazing

Does that mean that a chain is how far the horse went before the harness fell off and a Perch was when the farmer stopped for his fish and chips?
Much more interesting than the metric system don't you think? Let's go back.

Jules

What a great story, and you're comming to see me...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Well, no, I don't live at Churchill Downs, only fillies an stallions... Never mind. But that part of Kentucky. It's beautiful country so I know you'll enjoy it!

I hope Louisville can survive the onslaught of a visit by Julie in the guise of Sarah. You always shake things up wherever you go! Have Sarah wave at me if she sees me at the track.

Good luck with your bets,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

I Liked This.

>> did at least look up with a frown on his face and said ‘Male or Female Sir.’ <<

Did he answer his own question or what? He could have said "Male or Female, Ma'am"!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Thank you Julie,

You can see who the oldies are (I'm possibly the oldest) who
understand both Imperial and Metric .It is said that the French
invented Metric and even they don't understand it!!We did learn
it at school back in the 40's as engineers always used it as a
measurement,in millimetres,not centimetres which seem to confuse
some people.My grand kids are amazed that I can measure in both.
So a Triple Crown to you ,Julie,don't rush it.

ALISON

Hi Jules!

I'm getting the impression Steve has done this before! (Dress as a woman that is). Oh, shopping in NYC (on the companies dime), this should be fun ! Loving Hugs Talia

Spending on the Companies Dime

I like your phrase. It's a new one on me. I suppose a dime is the smallest US denomination. Is it equal in value to a Euro yet as the EU crisis deepens?
Hugs
Jules

Jules