To Make A Wish Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2012

Chapter Twenty Seven

Previously...

    Prue had put the TV on and was checking out a couple of the news channels when she came across one of them showing live footage of Sara’s school with a female reporter going on about the wild animal sighting, and how it was rumoured to be a hoax connected to a new movie being made. The thing that left Prue and Sara with their mouths hanging open, was the footage of them both that looked like it had been filmed on a mobile phone.

     “I’ll let the three of you get to class now, I need to have a word with Prue about something.” Sara said just before she broke the mind link and looked at Prue worriedly.

     “Hypatia is not going to be happy when she sees this all over the news Sara.” Prue pointed out as she pointed at the TV with a worried look.

     “She might not see it.” Sara said sounding hopeful. “I’ve never seen a TV while I’ve been at the mansion.” Sara pointed out, but her hopes were soon dashed when she heard the dread voice in her head.

     “Just because you don’t see one, doesn’t mean I don’t have one child.” Hypatia’s voice thundered in her head. “You and Prudence better get over here and start explain yourselves.” Hypatia added just before Sara felt the presence fade again.

     “She’s seen it.” Sara said looking worried as she looked over at Prue.

     “I know. I just heard her speaking too.” Prue said looking even more worried now.

    Sara was soon suited up in her slayer armour, so she could blink the two of them over to Hypatia’s place to explain the reason for the public outing.

And now the story continues...

    Hypatia was stood in the hallway with her arms folded across her chest, she looked angrier than Sara had ever seen her before. Sara had no idea if Prue had ever seen Hypatia this angry, and she wasn’t about to ask her.

     “You won’t be needing your armour, so you can change back to your normal self Sara.” Hypatia said as she spun on her heels and then started walking towards the lounge before Sara could offer any sort of a reply.

    Sara and Prue took that to mean they should follow her, so Sara retracted her armour and then ran to catch up with Prue, who was walking just behind Hypatia.

     “Take a seat so you can both explain to me the reason for doing such a foolish thing and getting caught on film doing it?” Hypatia said as she pointed to a sofa for Sara and Prue to sit down on. Hypatia took a seat on the sofa facing them, and then she just looked at them as if she was waiting for one of them to start speaking.

     “Michelle found out from the MIB’s system that they were starting a mission to watch me and Sheana, so we came up with the plan to have Michelle play me at school, so Prue and I could put on that little show you saw on the news. We thought if they saw the Slayer and the girl they wanted to watch because they thought she might be the slayer...” Sara trailed off as she saw that Hypatia understood why they did what they did.

     “Did you not think to contact me before you carried this insane plan out? I could have helped you come up with a better one that didn’t involve getting caught on film like you did.” Hypatia frowned as she asked. “And how did The Commander and his men get onto you in the first place?” Hypatia asked looking more confused at that bit.

     “I’m sorry Tia, but I didn’t think we had the time, and I was more worried about keeping me and my family safe, than I was about you or The Commander trying to keep a lid on us human’s finding out about the supernatural world.” Sara shot back as she stood up for herself and what she’d done. “We think he found out because not all the spies at the school are teachers. A maintenance man saw me jumping on Jo last Friday when we had that fight. We think that he’s a spy, and Michelle thinks that they would also put someone in the office as well.” Sara added.

     “I’m not sure if you’ve noticed this Sara, but you’re not a human anymore.” Hypatia pointed out. “You’re something that both sides will want to see destroyed if you keep doing crazy stunts like this one today.”

     “Is that how you feel about it? Do you want to see me destroyed?” Sara asked as she started to lose her temper with Hypatia, and what she was implying.

     “I should take you across my knee for just thinking such a childish thing.” Hypatia snapped back.

     “I am a child Tia! Just a fifteen year old girl that saw her family in danger, so I acted to prevent it in the only way I could see.” Sara said as she finally broke down and started sobbing.

    Hypatia soon lost all the anger she was feeling when she saw just how heavy all this was pressing down on the girl before her. She got up and went to sit the other side of Sara to where Prue was sat trying to comfort the sobbing child.

     “I’m sorry Sara.” Hypatia said as she wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer as she stroked the back of Sara’s head. “You act so grown up most the time, that I forget you are still only fifteen.” Hypatia added with a sigh.

     “I just feel like everything that’s going wrong is all my fault. Mike getting killed, putting the family in danger, the men in black trying to capture Sheana and me.” Sara sobbed.

     “That’s because you are only seeing the bad things that have happened Sara.” Hypatia tried to make her see. “What about freeing Sheana from the ring she’d been trapped in, or saving little Jenna from being taken by that vampire the day you first met her and Prue? Have you spoken with the other members of your family about these feelings you’re having?”

     “No, they would just say I was being silly.” Sara snuffled as she looked up at Hypatia.

     “Well they would be right then wouldn’t they?” Hypatia smiled. “I’m sorry for getting angry with you Sara, too many years of playing it safe I guess. I still don’t understand the need for all the showing of and turning Prudence into such a formidable looking wolf though.”

     “I kept calling her Spike to make the men in black think I was chasing down spike, that’s why we made her white.” Sara explained. “Making her larger did mean The Commander could come up with the movie publicity stunt as well.” Sara said looking a little more hopeful.

     “That was a clever little detail to throw in there Sara, but in future, please contact me and let me in on the plan, and I promise to do what’s best for you and your family.” Hypatia smiled as she pulled Sara closer to her again for another hug. “Because I like to think of you all as my family too now.” Hypatia added with a sigh as she kissed Sara on the top of her head.

     “Thank you Granny Tia.” Sara said with a grin as she looked up at Hypatia.

     “Granny?! Do I look old enough to be a granny to you?” A shocked looking Hypatia asked as she held Sara at arm’s length to see her reaction.

     “No, but you are old enough to be my gre...” Was all Sara got out before Hypatia stopped her.

     “If you want to live to see sweet sixteen, I suggest you not finish that sentence.” Hypatia growled just before she started giggling as she pulled Sara back into the hug they were having when Sara made the Granny comment.

     “How about a loving Auntie then instead?” Sara mumbled from where her head was buried in Hypatia’s chest.

     “That sounds much better. I could live with being Auntie Tia.” She said trying it out for herself.

     “I’m sorry for the things I said earlier Auntie Tia.” Sara pouted.

     “Don’t be sorry for speaking your mind child. Samantha would be proud of you for standing up to me like you did, and you did the right thing in putting your family first.” Hypatia said with some pride in her voice for this young child and her quick thinking. “Do you know if your plan worked in removing the problem of the commander’s men watching you?” Hypatia asked.

     “No, not yet. I need to wait for Michelle to get home from school and check on the computer.” Sara informed her. “I was in contact with Michelle and the others just before we saw the footage on the news and you spoke to me though, and the headmaster was sending all the students home for the rest of the day, so I hope to find out very soon if our plan worked.”Sara added with a smile.

     “How is poor Michelle copping with everything? I was glad to hear she was still alive, and your mother should have all the paperwork she needs to get Michelle enrolled in your school just as soon as you have this other little problem sorted out.” Hypatia explained about all the paperwork she’d got Samantha to make up for Karen to use when she pretended to be Michelle’s mother. One of the things Samantha was good at was forging counterfeit papers for people.

     “I’m hoping to have this little problem sorted, so mum can bring Michelle to school tomorrow and get her enrolled.” Sara said looking hopeful about the men in black being happy that Sara Anne Read wasn’t the Slayer. “We will need to be careful, just in case The Commander does have a person in the office at School though.

     “I hope so too my dear. The last thing we need is the men in black watching you and Sheana this coming weekend for the grand opening of the cafe.” Hypatia said with a grin. “Then we’ll be able to keep a better eye on The Commander and his little army.” She added with an even bigger grin.

     “Who will be looking after the cafe while Sheana, Jo, Michelle and I are at school?” Sara asked as she realised that they wouldn’t be able to watch the place all the time.

     “I have a couple of trusted friends that will be helping to run the place, but none of them will know about the hidden room with the computer system in it for watching The Commander, or about you and Sheana being the Slayer and her witch friend, and I want to keep it that way after finding out about Armen’s deal with The Commander.” Hypatia explained. “Speaking of which, Samantha needs some help from Sheana, so they can hide the room to all except the ones we want to see it.”

     “I know she’ll be more than happy to help out, we just need to sort out a time to meet up at the cafe to get it all finished off.” Sara smiled at the thought of having a job and earning some extra money for clothes and to help keep the house stocked up with food now they had so many more mouths to feed.

     “I better let you get home then, so you can see if Michelle and the others are back yet, and if your little show got The Commander off your trail.” Hypatia said as she got to her feet before she helped Sara and Prue up. Prue had been very quiet while Sara and Hypatia spoke, a fact that didn’t go unnoticed with them.

     “You okay Prue?” Sara asked.

     “Yes I am now Sara.” Prue said now she knew they were leaving again.

     “Your life is safe Prudence, but please come to me the next time a plan like this is put into effect.” Hypatia said in a stern voice.

     “What have I missed?” Sara asked when she saw how worried Prue looked, and how Hypatia was looking at her in an angry way.

    “What Prudence did today getting seen by humans, and then getting caught on film as well, is one of the worst crimes in our world, and I would be within my right to take her un-dead life for doing so.” Hypatia explained. “But Prudence has proved herself to be part of this new family we have, and I won’t kill a member of my family ever again.

     “Why didn’t you warn me about this rule Prue?” Sara asked looking shocked to hear about this only now.

     “There was no other way to make this work, and keeping your secret from The Commander is more important than my life.” Prue said as she hung her head in shame.

     “We would have come up with another plan if I’d known that rule, and your life means a lot to me Prue, and don’t forget about Jenna.” Sara said and she threw her arms around Prue and hugged her.

     “After seeing the footage, I don’t think anyone will believe that large white wolf could be anything but a hoax.” Hypatia smirked. “The only place I’ve seen a wolf that large was in the silly movie about the sparkly vampires.” Hypatia giggled as she referred to the Twilight movies.

    You’ve seen the Twilight movies?” Sara asked trying not to giggle.

     “Yes, but only because Samantha made me.” Hypatia replied with a smirk. “The books are far better, but it’s still a silly concept.” She added with a wave of the hand to dismiss any further talk of her movie watching taste.

     “That was the kind of look we were going for when Sheana came up with the Charm last night.” Sara pointed out as she hugged Prue close. “Prue was only doing what I asked her to, and any future action taken against Prue will have to go through me first. She is now under my protection.” Sara said as she made her Slayer armour form.

     “As you wish Slayer, and I feel sorry for the fool that tries that.” Hypatia smiled an evil smile as she thought about anyone able to take down this force of nature that had been training with her for the past several weeks.

     “I promise to run any future plans past you first Auntie Tia, and I’ll be in touch about meeting up at the cafe to get the shields in place to hide the computer room.” Sara said in her Slayer voice, which made her calling Hypatia Aunty Tia sound a little weird.

    Hypatia smiled and gave a nod as she walked Sara and Prue to the hallway and that she gave each of them a hug before she watched Sara touch her belt and then they vanished. Hypatia let out a sigh as she turned around and walked back to her study to carry on going over some paperwork for all the companies she owned.

     “That child is going to make life very interesting for us all.” She giggled.

*****

    Jo. Sheana and Michelle/Sara were just leaving the main school building when they heard the voice of the head master calling to them, so they all turned around and looked worried when they saw Karl, The Commanders second in command stood with him. They thought about making a run for it, but knew they wouldn’t get far without Sheana using magic, so they decided to go and see what the headmaster wanted them for.

     “I’m sorry to bother the three of you at a time like this, but I just wanted to have a quick word about Michael Baker. I just need to finish talking to this gentleman first though.” The Headmaster said as he turned to talk with Karl.

    Karl was looking closely at this girl who they had all thought to be the Slayer, and he wanted to laugh now he was stood so close to her. He thought there was no way this girl could fight like the Slayer; she just didn’t have the look of a fighter. He was soon letting the headmaster know that he had men looking around the school just to be safe, but it looked like a hoax by the film company, and not to worry about it.

    Jo. Sheana and Michelle/Sara all let out a sigh when they saw Karl walk away acting like they were nothing to do with his reason for being at the school. Sheana had been ready to blink her and the other two out of school, but was glad she didn’t need to in the end.

     “I’m sorry to keep you all waiting.” The Headmaster smiled. “I don’t know why the army feels the need to keep looking around the school, now they know it’s just a hoax by some silly movie company.” He added with a roll of his eyes.

     “What is it you wanted to see us about Sir?” Jo asked, knowing that the Headmaster could waffle on for hours about nothing at all to do with the reason he stopped you.

     “Oh yes!” The Headmaster said after looking puzzled for a couple of seconds. “I want to do a little bit of a memorial service for Michael, and I know that the three of you were his closest friends, and I was hoping that you would maybe say a few words.”

     “I’m not sure I’d be able to do that Sir.” Jo said looking worried. “My friendship with Mike isn’t something that can be put into a few words.” He added pretending to choke up at the thought of doing such a thing.

     “I don’t need an answer from any of you now. Take some time to talk about it with each other, and then get back to me.” The Headmaster said as he put a comforting hand on Jo’s shoulder. “Now go home and make the most of your extra day off, because I want you back bright and early tomorrow ready to learn lots of wonderful new things.” He added with a smile.

    Jo and the others just looked at the Headmaster like he’d grown a second head as he said that to them, but not wanting to waste anymore time talking to him, they quickly turned around and started walking away from him, and out the school building and finally the school grounds as they made their way back to Sheana and Sara’s place to meet up with the real Sara. Jo had nearly kissed Michelle/Sara a couple of times while being with her at school, and he wanted to cuddle and kiss the real one.

    They never spoke about the wolf or the Slayer on the walk back to the house, just in case they were still being watched. Jo did take the time to think about what the headmaster had said about him standing up and saying a few words about Mike.

     “You okay Jo? You seem a little more quiet than normal.” Michelle/Sara asked looking worried.

     “Just thinking about what the headmaster asked us to do.” Jo sighed. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to stand up and say what it will mean for me to lose a friend like Mike.” Jo added with a lump in his throat. Even though it was Mike pretending to be Sara, he could never show his face around the town again, and Jo was still having trouble with that.

     “I’m sure whatever you say, if you get up and say anything at all, will make him feel proud that he had you as a friend.” Michelle/Sara smiled as she took Jo by the hand to let him know that she was proud to have him as a friend still, just like Mike was.

    Jo could read between the lines and knew just what Michelle/Sara was trying to say, and it made him feel better about everything, and it also made him make up his mind to do as the Headmaster asked. “I’m going to do it then. I’ll stand up and tell the whole school what an amazing friend Mike was, and how I will miss him, but hope that he finds the happiness he couldn’t find in his first one.” Jo said with pride.

     “I’m pretty sure he already is.” Michelle/Sara grinned as she looked over at Sheana walking the other side of her to what Jo was walking.

    They were soon back at Sheana and Sara’s home, and Sheana got her key out and let them all into the house. “Sis! Are you home?” Sheana shouted as she looked through the house for Sara and Prue.

     “Where could they be?” Jo asked looking worried, but before he had time to worry too much, he saw Prue and Sara in her Slayer armour appear in the middle of the living room. Jo stood and watched as the red armour vanished into a spot on Sara’s neck to leave her stood smiling at Jo.

     “Hi Jo baby.” Sara said as she stepped over and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. “Sorry for not being here when you got back, but Prue and I were summoned to Hypatia’s place, she saw us on the news.” Sara added as she looked over at the TV where she’d seen it earlier with Prue.

     “You made it onto the news? Cool!” Jo said getting lost in the excitement of the moment.

     “Trust me when I say it’s not so cool getting told off by Hypatia.” Sara winced. “She wasn’t happy about us not talking to her before we did what we did.

     “Tell her to try expecting one plan, just to have someone do something different.” Jo grumbled.

    Sara turned to ask Michelle what it felt like to play her for half a day, but stopped and watched as Michelle removed the ring and then morphed back to looking like her normal self, and not a copy of her.

     “There’s the girl I love.” Sheana grinned as she threw her arms around Michelle and started kissing her like they hadn’t seen each other in a week.

     “Looks like someone missed you Michelle.” Sara giggled as she watched her sister trying to suck the life out of Michelle. “What did it feel like to be a girl at school then today?” Sara asked when Sheana finally let Michelle up for some air.

     “Like I said earlier, it was fun, but I’ll feel better when I can go as me, rather than pretending to be you.” Michelle giggled as she handed Sara the ring back that made it possible for her to become Sara in the first place. “Shall we go and see if our plan worked, and we got the men in black off yours and Sheana’s backs?” Michelle asked as she held out her hand to help Sheana get upstairs to hers and Sara’s room.

     “God I hope so, because I don’t know what else we could do to convince them I’m not the Slayer.” Sara said looking worried.

    Sara and Jo led the way up to the bedroom with Michelle and Sheana walking just behind, and Prue bringing up the rear.

    Michelle grabbed her laptop and was soon doing her things and logging on to the MIB system to check up on the status of the mission looking into Sara and Sheana. “It worked.” Michelle said with a grin after scrolling down some pages of data. “They’ve closed the case as being a mistake with no further action to be taken in the matter.” Michelle added.

    They all started cheering and dancing around the room together. Sara was soon kissing Jo. Michelle and Sheana were soon doing the same. Prue slipped out the room to go and see if Holly was doing okay looking after her own kids as well as Jenna, so she could give them some privacy.


*****

    The Commander was in his office working on his computer when there was a knock on his door. “Come in!” He shouted as he closed down the file he was working on and looked up to see who it was disturbing him.

    Karl opened the door and entered the room. “Sorry to bother you Sir, but I just thought I’d report in and let you know what we found out at the school.” Karl said as he stood waiting for The Commander to tell him to have a seat.

     “Please take a seat Karl, and tell me what you’ve found out.” The Commander said looking a little excited, thinking Karl had found out something interesting.

     “We found no trace of the wolf, or the Slayer when we got to the woods on the edge of the school, but we did see where the wolf entered the school grounds.” Karl explained. “By the looks of it, I think it was spike. Some of the kids we spoke to said that the woman in red called the wolf Spike.” Karl added.

     “Do you have any idea what he was looking for?” The Commander asked.

     “I think he was trying to track down the Slayer by following her scent. We looked at some of the footage we got of him walking the grounds, and it looked like he was sniffing things. It must be the Slayer’s scent he was trying to find.” Karl made a guess.

     “Well it looked like he found the Slayer, just not in the way he thought he would.” The Commander chuckled. “What about the mission to investigate the gym teacher and the student and her cousin?”

     “Dead ends on both counts Sir.” Karl sighed. “We saw the student and her cousin stood looking scared to death while the wolf walked past them, and we also have footage of the Slayer and the girls, so she can’t be the Slayer.” Karl explained.

     “I thought it was a long shot to begin with, but you have to follow every lead.” The Commander said as he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes looking tired. “Looking at how fast she showed up after the wolf did, I still think she’s working at the school, or she’s a student there, but she does look a little old to be a student.” He pointed out.

     “Sir? Can I ask you a question?” Karl asked looking nervous as he got up out the chair and was just about to leave the room.

     “You can ask, but I won’t guarantee an answer.” The Commander chuckled.

     “Some of the men and I are wondering what’s going off in section six? We’ve seen you take some of the vampires and other demons we’ve caught into that section, but none ever return.” Karl asked.

     “You don’t need to worry about section six. It’s just some help we’re getting to come up with new weapons to use against the vampires and demons like the Krennan.” The Commander said it in such a way as to let Karl know the conversation was over and he should leave.

    Karl didn’t like the way The Commander was acting about section six, but there was no way for him to get into that section and find out what was going off. Karl had noticed more men in expensive business suits coming and going that morning just before he had to leave and get over to the school. He knew the Commander wouldn’t normally have anything to do with the private sector, but he looked quite cosy with these guys. Karl didn’t like to do it, but he knew he’d need to make a call or an email to someone higher up the chain of command, and make sure the Commander hadn’t gone rogue on them.


*****

    Sara, Sheana, Michelle and Jo had all taken it in turns entertaining Jenna all afternoon while also taking it in turns to help Prue sort out dinner. Prue loved to spend time in the kitchen, and she also loved to see her little sister Jenna giggling as she played board games with the others and then sat watching cartoons with Sheana, who seemed to love watching them just as much as Jenna did.

    Michelle ended up helping Prue in the kitchen while Sheana lay on the floor next to Jenna giggling at the silly things happening on the screen.

     “How are you doing Michelle? It must be a big shock to find your life up rooted like this?” Prue asked.

     “If I’d been closer to my parents, then it would have been worse, but I can’t say I feel much different to how I’ve felt the past couple of years looking after myself.” Michelle tried to explain the way she felt. “Losing Sheana, Jo and Sara would have been harder to deal with, but luckily I still have them.” Michelle smiled as she heard Sheana giggling at something else on the telly along with Jenna.

     “I’m not sure how you can do it, but I think you might want to let Sara know you don’t blame her for what’s happened to you.” Prue whispered as she looked to make sure Sara was still in the living room with Jo and the others. “She ended up in tears at Hypatia’s earlier today. She thinks it’s her fault all this has happened to you.” Prue added looking sad for Sara.

     “She is prone to thinking silly things isn’t she?” Michelle whispered back. “Sara and Sheana are two of the best things to ever happen to me. Not every transgendered person gets their dream come true by being in the right place at the right time.” Michelle added with a giggle as she struck a sexy pose for Prue.

     “I know Sara would like to hear you say that to her.” Prue giggled at the silly pose Michelle was doing. “I hope you don’t take this the wrong way Michelle, but you were born to be a girl, you just never looked happy as Mike to me.”

     “I’ll take it as a real compliment Prue, and I do feel like this is who I should have been all my life.” Michelle looked down at herself as she spoke.

     “Will you be okay going to school tomorrow as a girl then?” Prue asked with a grin.

     “Yes, if Karen can get the paperwork sorted out.” Michelle pointed out.

     “Hypatia told Sara and me that Karen already had it all when we saw her. So it will just be a case of Karen being made to look like Michelle’s mother and getting you enrolled at the school.” Prue said as she made it sound really simple.

     “Wow, that was fast, but the sooner I get back to going to school again with the others the better.” Michelle said feeling nervous, but excited about going to school as a girl finally.

     “Do you not want to spend any time with Jenna and me?” Prue asked with a pout.

     “Yes! But I just love going to school, and being able to go as a girl is a dream come true to me Prue.” Michelle said, worried that she’d really upset her with the answer she gave.

     “Don’t sound so worried Michelle.” Prue giggled. “I was just playing with you. Jenna will be happy with whatever time you can spare to play with her, and as long as you keep helping out in the kitchen like you are now, every once in a while, that will keep me happy.” Prue said as she hugged Michelle back.

     “I’ll do what I can Prue, but Sara says that Hypatia plans to open the cafe this Saturday, so things could be a little manic for a week or two.” Michelle warned.

     “I understand that. Did Sara mention about Samantha needing Sheana’s help with casting a spell to hide the computer room under the cafe?” Prue asked.

     “Yes, she did talk to her about it, and they will sort out going to do it after patrol later in the week. They said something about blinking over and getting Samantha before blinking to the cafe to sort out the spell.” Michelle filled Prue in on what Sara and Sheana had spoke about.

    Karen and Sandy got home at the same time, and Prue had dinner ready to dish up just as soon as the two of them had slipped off their shoes and taken a seat at the table while the others helped Prue get it all dished up. Jo had texted his mum and let her know that he’d be stopping for dinner at Sara’s again.

     “Dinner smells wonderful like always Prue.” Karen said as she took in a deep breath to enjoy the smell a little more. “I also see that your little performance this morning made it onto the news, but did it work?” Karen added as she looked at Sara.

     “Yes it did.” Sara grinned. “Michelle checked when they got home from school, and the mission has been dropped due to them now having footage of me and the Slayer in the same place at the same time.” Sara added looking proud of what they all achieved.

     “Did turning Prue into a large white wolf make them think it was Spike roaming the school looking for you?” Sandy asked as she looked at Sara.

     “We think so looking at the data Michele had up on the screen.” Sara shrugged. “It said they thought Spike was trying to track me down around the school, but ran off when I showed up.” Sara giggled.

     “The news also said that the wolf tried to attack some of the students. Was any of that true?” Karen asked looking worried.

     “No, but I did get Prue to growl at a group of four girls that use to be Susan Hopkins’s friends, but they had been saying some really nasty things about her, so I got Prue to scare them a little.” Sara said looking a little sheepish herself.

     “How much was a little?” Sandy asked, knowing the look Sara had on her face, and it meant things went a little further than she had planned.

     “They might have wet themselves.” Sara said with a wince.

     “They might have, or they did?” Karen asked looking a little angry with Sara and Prue know.

     “They did wet themselves Karen.” Prue said looking a little shamed for what she’d done. “I’m sorry Karen; it’s as much my fault as it is Sara’s.”

     “I can’t say I’m happy about what you did, but I can understand you wanting to help protect this Susan ready for her return to school later in the week, but I need you all to start and think about the long lasting effects to doing things like that to people.” Karen tried to explain.

     “I’m sorry mum; I just got carried away in the moment.” Sara said as she looked down at the table in shame.

     “I know you are sweetie, and I forgive you.” Karen smiled. “Now then, after dinner we need to finalise the details for tomorrow, and I need to try out this charming spell that makes me look like Michelle’s mother.” Karen said between mouthfuls of food. “We’ll need to sort you out with a uniform as well.” Karen pointed out.

     “Do you think I’ll be able to stop at school tomorrow when we’ve done talking to the Headmaster?” Michelle asked looking hopeful.

     “Yes you will. I’ve been emailing the Headmaster through the day, once Samantha dropped off all your documents and showed me how to access the email account she’d set up in your mother’s name. They already have you enrolled, and I just need to have the final meeting with the Headmaster when I drop you off.” Karen smiled.

     “How will we be getting to the school Karen?” Michelle asked looking worried they might have over looked some simple details. “If we turn up in your car, the men in black will see that it’s registered to Sara’s mum.” Michelle pointed out.

     “Samantha took care of all that and she’s hired a car from the airport in your new mother’s name, and it’s parked up around the back of the cafe ready for morning. We’ll need a lift off Sheana though, so everyone thinks we stopped the night in the flat above the cafe.” Karen said as she looked at Sheana with a smile. “I hope you don’t mind Sheana?” Karen asked.

     “Not at all mum, I’ll be glad to do my little bit to help out.” Sheana grinned as she thought about getting to be with Michelle at school very soon.

     “What’s my new last name going to be anyway?” Michelle asked when she realised she’d got no idea.

     “Taylor, Michelle Taylor is your new name.” Karen informed her. “And I’m Maggie Taylor your mother, but you can just call me mum.” Karen added with a smile.

     “Thanks Karen.” Michelle said with a sad look in her eyes as she realised she’d never get to call anyone mum again, other than when Karen had to use the charm and become her for school events and things like that.

     “Michelle, I know this could be a little early for you, but I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to call me mum or mother, just like Sheana does. I’m not going to try and replace your real mother, but I can understand how you must feel at the minute.” Karen said as she reached over and took hold of Michelle’s hand in hers.

    Michelle was soon sliding over onto Karen’s knee as she started sobbing. “I’d love to be able to call you mum. It’s been so long since it feels like I had one.” She sobbed as Karen hugged her.

    Karen sat for some time with Michelle on her knee cuddled into her enjoying the loving embrace she was getting from her new mother. “I’m sorry about that mum.” Michelle snuffled with a smile on her face.

     “Don’t ever feel sorry about having a good cry my dear.” Karen smiled back as she grabbed a napkin off the table and then wiped Michelle’s eyes for her, before she slid back onto the chair and carried on eating her dinner.

    Karen knew it was just a name, but she could see how letting Michelle call her mum, had really cheered her up, and Karen kind of liked the idea of having another daughter around the house, even if she would have a different last name.

     “At least this way you won’t slip up and call her Karen at the wrong time.” Sara pointed out with a grin. “And I get a geek for a sister.” She added with a giggle just before Michelle threw a screwed up napkin at her.

     “I bet I won’t be a geek when you need help with your homework sis.” Michelle said as she screwed her face up and stuck out her tongue.

     “Sure you will.” Sara giggled. “Just a cute lovable one that I get to call sis from now on.” Sara giggled some more.

    Michelle could see Sara was just playing around, so she never took offence at any of it, and knew she’d be there to help her new sister if she needed it. And at the end of the day, in a family where one sister is a witch and the other is a slayer, what’s wrong with being labelled a geek. Michelle thought to herself, even if she hoped to one day make Sheana more than a sister to her.

    Once dinner was out the way, Sara, Sheana, Michelle and Jo got the kitchen cleaned up with the normal help from Jenna, but Jo was the one helping her wash while the other three dried and put away. Karen had gone to get changed out of her work clothes and take a soak in the bath. She was sat in the living room talking to Prue and Sandy when the girls got done and piled into the room giggling with Jo carrying Jenna in his arms.

     “You better go and get this charm you keep talking about, so I can find out what it feels like to be changed into another person.” Karen said looking a little nervous about it.

     “You don’t need to look so worried mum.” Michelle smiled as she sat down next to Karen and draped an arm around her new mother’s waist. “The weird part is going from being a boy to a girl, and then back again.” Michelle pointed out with a giggle.

     “I don’t plan on doing anything like that!” Karen said looked worriedly up at Sara and Sheana stood in the doorway still. “I don’t mind playing another woman, but I’m not becoming a man for anyone.” She added in a stern voice as she wrapped her arms around Michelle like she could stop anything like that happening to her new mother.

     “We better make sure we get the right rubber band then.” Sara said with a nervous smile. “Jo? Can you come with us for a second?” Sara asked as she looked at Jo sat on the sofa tickling a giggling Jenna.

     “Okay.” Jo said with a sigh and a roll of his eyes as he realised what he was wanted for. “I’m beginning to think I should let the two of you call me Igor.” Jo said as he hunched over and started dragging his left foot behind him. “What is your wish master?” He asked in a creepy voice.

    Jo’s playing around soon had all the others laughing, even Karen couldn’t help having a giggle when she saw him playing around. Karen also felt sorry for Jo, because he could end up looking like a woman again because of Sheana not thinking to charm different coloured rubber bands. Sara must have had the same thought because of what she said next.

     “I think you should change the colour of the girl’s rubber band, once we remember which one it is.” Sara said with a grin.

     “Why didn’t I think of doing that the other night when I first charmed it?” Sheana asked looking puzzled as to why she hadn’t thought of such a simple thing.

     “I think Michelle distracted you with that Catwoman look she came up with.” Sara giggled.

     “Oh yes!” Sheana said as she got that faraway look in her eyes, as she thought of the older version of Michelle dressed in the PVC Catwoman costume from the movie they called Batman Returns.

    Sara was soon rolling her eyes as she grabbed Sheana’s hand and dragged her up to their room so they could get the correct rubber band. Jo was following close behind, ready to check they took the right one down to Karen.

     “I’m sure this is the one to make you an older man Jo.” Sheana said as she passed Jo one of the two rubber bands in her hand.

     “I hope so. I really don’t feel like growing breasts tonight.” Jo said with a sigh just before he slipped the band on his wrist and then looked down expecting breasts to grow anyway. His chest puffed out a little, but he grew in size and filled out all over as he became a fully grown man in a nice suit. “I could get used to looking like this you know.” Jo said in his new deeper manly voice.

     “Well sadly I’m not looking for a sugar daddy, so take the band off again Jojo.” Sara pouted as she looked at this older man Jo was now. “And you better change the colour of that one, so we don’t get them mixed up again.” Sara said looking worried about giving their mum the wrong one and turning her into the man she was looking at right now.

    Sheana did better than changing the colour of it, she made it look like a bracelet that only the wearer would be able to see once it was slipped on the wrist. It was a simple looking design, but would work better than a rubber band, and wouldn’t cut of circulation to the wrist after wearing it for some time.

     “Can you do the same sort of thing with this one?” Jo asked as he returned to normal after slipping his rubber band off.

     “Sure, not a problem.” Sheana said as she took the rubber band from Jo and placed it in one hand while placing her other one over the top. Sara and Jo stood and watch as Blue light seeped out from between Sheana’s fingers just before she opened her hands again to reveal a male version of the bracelet Sara was holding for their mother to use. “Will this be alright for you Jo?” Sheana asked.

     “I’ll never get tired of watching you do that.” Jo grinned as he slipped the bracelet on his wrist and he became the older man again, but wearing a jeans and a polo shirt this time. “This feels much better.” Jo added as he help up his wrist with the bracelet on it, not that Sara and Sheana could see it clearly, but they could see a faint blue glow from Jo’s wrist.

     “Why can I see a faint blue glow sis?” Sara asked with a puzzled look as she looked at Sheana for an answer.

     “I’ve spelled it to show us who are wearing any of the charms I’ve made. This way we can keep an eye on anyone that might get their hands on them in the future.” Sheana explained.

     “Does this mean others will be able to see the blue glow as well?” Sara asked.

     “No, just you and I.” Sheana replied. “You and I are linked, so you can see my magic.” Sheana explained.

    This fact was proved when Jo said his next words. “What blue glow?” He was holding up his wrist with the bracelet on it at the time, like he was looking for something he just couldn’t find or see.

    Sara, Sheana and Jo all returned to the living room where Michelle was still cuddled up to Karen, while Sandy was sat on another sofa with Prue sat next to her, and Jenna was sat on Sandy’s knee getting a cuddle from her. Sara was carrying the charmed bracelet in her hand and she handed it over to her mother to try it out.

     “Are you sure this is the one that will turn me into Michelle’s mother Maggie, and not her father?” Karen asked as she looked at the bracelet.

     “Yes we’re sure mum.” Sara replied in a whiney voice. “Jo has just had the other one on upstairs in our room, and that is where he left it.” Sara pointed out.

     “Do you want me to try it on first mum?” Michelle asked as she held out her hand to take the bracelet off Karen.

     “No, I need to do this myself, and I trust Sara not to play such a cruel joke on me.” Karen said as she took a deep breath and then slipped the bracelet onto her wrist. Karen winced as she waited for the pain to start, but other than a tingly feeling and her clothes changing, nothing else happened. “Did it work? My voice!” Karen suddenly said as she realised that she sounded like another woman now.

    Karen was soon on her feet and making her way into the hallway where there was a large mirror for her to see what she looked like now. Karen found herself looking at a stranger in the mirror, but she was doing everything that she did.

     “What do you think mum?” Sara asked as she stood with the others watching Karen lift up her hands and then open and close her mouth trying to catch out the woman in the mirror.

     “I think it’s amazing, but I can’t believe it’s still me.” Karen said as she looked at her hands as she open and closed them. “I don’t feel any different.” She added with a giggle.

     “You’d feel the difference if you became a male.” Jo pointed out. “But the female to female change I gather is like the male to male change I just did upstairs.” Jo added with a shrug having never gone from a female to female change before.

     “Well I think we’re all set for getting you into school then tomorrow Michelle.” Karen smiled using her new Maggie Taylor disguise. “We just need to sort out a uniform for you, and then get Sheana to transport us over to the Cafe before eight in the morning.” Karen pointed out.

     “Why so early?” Sara asked.

     “Samantha told me that the workmen will be in at eight thirty, and it will look a little weird if we suddenly appear in front of them.” Karen pointed out.

    Sara could understand them not wanting that to happen, so she let the matter drop as they watched Karen remove the bracelet and then they set to work getting everything ready for the next morning and Michelle’s first real day at school.

    Jo stopped another couple of hours, and then he left for home, but had Sara as company all the way. Sara had morphed into her armour and was ready to blink to Jo’s location if he got in trouble, as she had formed a mind link with him, but he made it home safely. So she morphed back and then got ready for bed before joining the other down in the kitchen for a hot chocolate.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Glad Karl is reporting higher

Glad Karl is reporting higher up, it sounds like the commander has lost sight of his mission and has sold out to corperations, what worries me is whether these corperations are attempting to recreate Sara as a super soldier by combining the strengths of severaldifferent beings and removing their weaknesses. You can guarantee if they succeed they will lose control of it, it would be an inevitability of creating such a being.

Great story, I always look forward to more.
Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Super Soldier

tmf's picture

or a Frankenstein horror, one piece of this demon, one piece of that demon, one piece of this vampire, a little bit of cybernetic in between and you have a lots of troubles.
and yes losing control is an absolute, or may be worst Spike gaining control of it.

as Elizabeth say "Great story, I always look forward to more."

Peace and Love
tmf

Okay, I'll admit it

When I first read the part with Mike's death, I thought it was a bad idea. I apologize, you were right. Seeing all he ramifications, and the way they're handling them, it makes the story seem more realistic (yeah, a story about a genie, vampires and demons-so realistic!). One of the few weaknesses of the story was the idea that Sheana could whip up a quick solution to their problems. Mike's death shows that this isn't always true, no matter what they might desire. Much better!

Section Six? Sounds like a serious problem, maybe even for Hypatia. I hope Michelle can get some info for Sara before it's too late!

Great Story!

Wren

Well I do hate to see what their food bill must be like now

... I mean, the Reade family has just taken in four more mouths to feed. Ouch.

What is great is that it has not even occurred to them to use Sheana's powers to make them a cool million or something. They seem determined to make money from honest work which is cool. I mean, really, how stupid can the Commander be if he can not realize that with those kind of powers, they could commit all sorts of crimes but they haven't so how evil could they be?

Hmmm, I think Sara and Sheana's periods are coming up so I wonder how they can be better prepared for it.

Kim

It's Not a Question of Evil

Nobody has ever claimed that the Slayer is on the demonic side of the good-evil divide.

It's a matter of control. Someone who is stronger than the MIB and doesn't take orders from them -- in fact, she pranks them from time to time -- is a loose cannon that they can't afford to ignore. And if her powers can be duplicated, they owe it to themselves and their superiors to try to do so.

Eric