The First Queen in the Village 16

Printer-friendly version


The First Queen in the Village 16



by WannabeGinger

The first group of Runners and Riders having been listed, Christine wants to get on with the Invitation that they'll receive. That way, the party will definitely go ahead, then it's only a question of how many people to come?

Chapter 16 How to invite.... and to what???

"Darling, let's pause on the selection of the people to invite and get on with how we tell them about our little 'event'. I mean, nothing will happen withou their knowing about the party...." Christine's enthusiasm was unbridled. She couldn't wait to get the artist's pad and her sketcher's pen.

Andy sat back, knowing that this would be where his skills would not be the ones required. Art, not his best. Words? Maybe better, especially now he had a picture of Christine's intentions. Careful wordcrafting would be needed.

"Ok, you do the pretty pictures, honey... and make them softer and larger than life, won't you...... I'll have a stab at writing the text for them to be intrigued.."

So that was how the next hour was spent, with both the lovers sitting at the table in the dining room of their little cottage. Christine ended the hour surrounded by a pile of screwed-up sheet where her early attempts at graphic design were consigned to history. There remained three images on the table. three that she obviously felt content with as designs for invitation cards that they would deliver, by hand, to several village residences.

Andy, meanwhile, started by writing, as if by hand, personal letters to the intended participants. He felt that hand-writing would be more attractive and more welcoming than typed or printed cards. By the end of the hour, he wasn't so sure, but he was more content with the content of his message.

Christine was particularly proud of one image and decided to show this first to Andy. The others could wait until he expressed an opinion on the first. Her design skills were really very good, Andy thought, as he pored over a beautifully crafted image of swans and feathers and pale sunshine. All very feminine. Spaces for text content were easily seen but could be moved. It was a direct appeal to the feminine side of the women who would receive the card.

"We are sending these to the women concerned, are we not?" Andy wanted to check. "... And the invite will be for them 'plus a guest' if they want to bring him??!"

"No, no, I've been thinking about this... a lot.... I'm firmly of the view that this should be for a 'girls only' evening first. You'll be the exception - the notable exception - but this party will lead on to one with couples invited....... And, don't forget, "Christopher" will have disappeared by this time. This will be me and you - well, you as you're now only later. "You'll be Andy at the start of the night, only becoming Astrid later. Savvy??"

Christine looked at her husband, still girly after the sex they had enjoyed...... "I've been thinking.... you need a manicure tonight! Let's play games with you!"

Andy nodded and smiled girlishly. He knew the men not allowed thing made sense "Ok, fair enough. Then this is very girly and, even with one or two of the guests rather more 'alpha', it will work beautifully. I'd be delighted to receive one.... "

"Then so you shall, my love. After all, you have a major part to playing the success of the adventure! Now, let's look at your intended copy for the card." Christine was anxious to see how these women would be netted and drawn into land.

Andy had narrowed the text down to one proposal. It could be amended but he wanted Christine's buy-in to the style and sound:


An Invitation...

...to an evening of luxury
here in your very own village

Christine & Andy wish to invite you (and just a few neighbours)
to spend a few hours exploring
the more exotic and attractive lifestyle options that
are available but may have been out of sight until now!

Please come for an evening, starting at 8pm next Friday at their home,
"Two of a kind", 1, High Street, Much Humping in the Marsh

Wine and nibbles will be provided.
Regret, no gentlemen invited (this time!)

RSVP by Monday at the latest (as others who may wish to attend may attend if you cannot)
Dress: Informal, (as informal as you like!)

"I'm delighted!" said Christine. That will flow beautifully through my swans and their feathers.... Did you like them?"

"Very much indeed. They could have been made for eachother! I think we've done it first time. Let's not agonize. I'll begin writing the cards as soonas we have the materials tomorrow and you have translated the design into the computer. I think hand-written is best, don't you agree?" Andy wasn't going to change his mind, but asked any way.

"Oh, certainly. It will take more time but it will make it very personal."

"What about my name being on the invite? I started with it being addressed to couples and, now, I'm the only guy there!"

"No worries, honey. If anyone asks, I'll tell them the truth. You'll only be there for the first drink and some nibbles...Then, you'll disappear. Only to be replaced by Astrid a bit later, when I've gotten round to full exposure of the plan for them and their partners!"

"Beaut!!" Andy was happy with that, if not a little anxious that he had to pull off what Christine had planned. "You will get me help to finish my preparations won't you? With Lottie, I mean... or Heidi?"

"Exactly! They'll be thrilled to be involved if you ask me." Christine was sure. "Now, let's work on that list again. We have enough, but I'd like some more to make this a full wild success....."

Chapter 17 will bring the rest of the Runners and Riders into view!

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ah, The game is afoot, Watson...

Ole Ulfson's picture

It certainly is Sherly, and let it proceed apace!

By Jove, Well done, Ginger! ;D

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Thank you Ginger,

It will be difficult to tell who will be riding whom,
but the end result will be worth the wait unless the
stewards intervene or if there is a fall at the first hurdle!

ALISON

keep it in the family

... we have to plan that the individual stables will provide one runner and one rider to start with...... it could get messy otherwise....... (though Bev and Heidi and Lottie might complain... must think about that)................ plenty of time for interactions after the first race is run .... sorry about the wait between chapters......

The Saddling Enclosure

joannebarbarella's picture

No whips or spurs required while the fillies are all still in the paddock, but we'll get to see their colours,

Joanne

Oh....I told some friends...oopsies...

Andrea Lena's picture

....here are Gladys Worthington and her husband Drew.... showing their colors. I suppose mauve or cerise teddies would have been more appropriate, but they're ready either way!

images_13.jpg

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I'll make sure that they're.....

I'll make sure that their colours are fully described when they get out on to the course! The Stewards are examining them in the parade ring in the next chapter (I hope) xx