A Surprise for Dad

Printer-friendly version

A Surprise for Dad

Janet L. Stickney
[email protected]

I didn't bother to sneak out of the house when I left, I simply walked out to my car, got in, and drove away. After so many years of practice I was really good at becoming a girl, and never really worried about being found out any more. I was wearing the wrap skirt, the plaid one with a white pullover top when I went directly to the drugstore, picked up more eye shadow and foundation, plus more nails, then drove to the mall. My breasts, like my hips, were mostly me, with just a little padding, but I didn't think that would last much longer because my body had started to change quite a bit within the last few months. With my long shiny brown hair bouncing on my shoulders, I made my way through the mall, eyeballing the window displays as I passed each store, making my way directly to the café area. I looked around a moment, then saw her sitting alone at a table. I made my way through the crowds of people, stopping to get a soft drink before I approached her. Walking around behind her I slipped into the chair next to her.

"This table is…I'm sorry but, I'm waiting for someone".

"Hi" I said in a soft voice, "I'm Susan."

It took her a moment as she looked me over, then…"Wow! My goodness, you're gorgeous!" I smiled when I looked at her. "Susan? I know what you told me on the phone, but I never expected you to look so….good!"

She sat there and listened as I told her that I was almost a girl, that I virtually had the body of a girl, complete with breasts of my own, a hairless body and wider hips, and smooth, hairless skin. Then I told her that I simply couldn't be a boy any more, no matter what, and so far, at least up to that point, nobody had a clue about how I felt. Cheryl lived across the street from us, and had casually mentioned to me that she had seen a girl leaving my house a few times. Knowing that I didn't have a girlfriend, she finally added up the facts, and decided that I was the girl she had seen. That's when I decided to let her meet the girl I was striving to be, which is why we were there at the mall. Cheryl was my age, I had known her almost from birth, and I trusted her more than anyone.

"I've seen you before, but…what I mean is, I never expected you to….you're telling me that those are real?"

"I use some padding on my hips, but…"

"Those boobs are real? Really!?"

"Yeah" I said with a grin, "but you can't tell anyone Cheryl, this is between just you and I, okay?"

"Yeah, like anyone would believe me if I told them! You're a real doll!" Cheryl put her hand over mine, then…"Thanks for telling me…Susan, I can guess how hard it must have been for you to admit something like this to anyone, and I gratified that you chose me."

As far as I knew, nobody knew what I was doing, and the need to tell someone had been growing for a long time. That need to share with someone that might be sympathetic, a friend that I could talk to was what I needed most, but telling my dad was out of the question, although the time was rapidly approaching when I would be unable to hide the changes, and he would surely find out anyway. It was the moment I would have to face, yet I dreaded the very thought of it; that made Cheryl the obvious choice, which is why I asked her to meet me.

"My dad doesn't know Cheryl, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to hide the changes for much longer, I'm about to measure a full B cup, and without the padding I have 35 inch hips. I positive that when he does find out, I'll probably have to quit school and move out."

"What do you mean? Are you growing that fast?"

"The hormones are changing my body a lot faster than I thought they would Cheryl. Like I said, I'm almost a full B cup now, and that's happened in just the last few months! If I get any bigger…"

"I get it" Cheryl said, "but why hide it? What I mean is, what can he do about it now?"

"He can't just throw me out I guess; and probably wouldn't anyway, but my life would probably become really difficult if he did find out, and since we have another six months before graduation…well, you get the idea."

"Yeah, I can see that, but what are you going to do now?"

"Wear baggy clothes like I have been I guess, and hope for the best. I don't seem to have much choice!"

"That might work, except…"

"What Cheryl, tell me!"

"Some of the kids at school? Well, I think they already know. What I mean is, the way you walk and wave your arms around? Even the way you talk! Everyone already thinks you're either Gay or that you want to be a girl, and my guess is that if you showed up dressed like you are right now, well everyone would be sort of glad in a way. Then they would know for sure, wouldn't they?"

"My dad would kill me."

"Maybe, has he ever seen you…like this I mean?"

"No way!"

"Then maybe it's time he found out! He will sooner or later anyway, so why not just tell him? Maybe it won't be as bad as you think."

"And maybe it'll be worse! Maybe I'll die too."

As Cheryl and I talked about it some more, what I already knew in my heart became even more obvious. When I finally decided that she was right, that I had to tell my dad, I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. If I were going to let the cat out of the bag, tell him the truth, then it had to be the perfect moment, and I had to be wearing the perfect outfit, not just jeans and a top or a plain skirt and blouse. I looked into Cheryl's face, and as she offered to loan me her white dress, I almost started to cry. I was about to change my future, and she was trying to help me! I was overwhelmed that anyone would do something like that. Telling me that we had to make sure it fit, she insisted that I try on it, so she and I went to her house. Her mom and my dad were both gone, so we were able to get into her bedroom without any fuss or embarrassing moments. As I let my skirt drop to the floor and pulled the top off, I saw Cheryl staring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just that you have a really nice shape, better than I expected, that's all."

"Like I said, it's mostly padding right now!"

"Here, try this on" she said as she handed me the white dress.

I had to remove some hip padding so the dress fit better, but when I saw my reflection in the mirror I had that same crushing sense that I had always been right; that I should have been a girl. The dress hugged every curve, accenting my breasts, then displaying them just well enough to let everyone know that they weren't fake. The hem was just above the center of my knees while the wide straps over the shoulders left my arms bare. In style it was a throwback to the 50's. A sheath dress with a wide vee starting at the shoulders, plunging to a point between and just above my breasts. Cheryl and I both knew that if I wanted to make a statement, it was the perfect dress. After I changed back into my own clothes, Cheryl and I hugged, then I took the dress with me when I went home. Alone in my room I could decide just when I would tell my dad. I didn't think he would actually hit me, but I was real sure that he wasn't going to be happy to find out that his only son wanted to be a girl, although I had tried to send him the message for years. I had openly worn eyeliner and mascara a few times, pink tee shirts, even some hot pants and blusher once, but so far he never said a word. The phone rang…

"Hi!" dad said, "I was wondering if you would like to meet me for dinner? I have a late client, and I was thinking that we could go to Muellers?"

"Hi dad. How late?"

"Eight? I'll make the reservations."

"Dad, I have to tell you something really important, so maybe you can get a booth?"

"Sure. What's wrong? You sound a little…odd?"

"I'm fine dad, but what I have to say? Well, it's really important. I'll see you at eight."

The decision, for better or worse, had been made at the moment I heard his voice, driven by my incessant desire to become a girl, but compounded not only by my continuing desire to quit hiding that fact from my dad, but also, my rapidly changing body, which was robbing me of time. I had to do it. As I undressed and headed for the shower I thought about what Cheryl had told me.

"If you're going to tell your dad, then don't go half way Susan. Go all out. Be the girl you want to be, the daughter he might have had, and more importantly, don't be ashamed of yourself! You are who you are, and nothing, or anybody, is going to change that!"

I had three hours to get ready for a debut that would make me, or break me, and to tell the truth, I was really scared. I dusted my body with a sweet powder, set my hair in rollers, then went to the dresser to pick out what lingerie I was going to wear. I didn't have that big a selection, but I picked out the high cut white panties and the bra that matched. The panties were tight enough to help hide things, which were already small and shrinking, and the bra was a front hook with padded demi cups. It would push up and enhance my natural breasts, leaving no doubt that they were my own, and would be perfect with that white dress. With my hair in rollers, I started my makeup with very light foundation. My thin beard allowed me to shave only twice, maybe three times a week, and that meant that I never had to use a lot of makeup, always letting me look more natural, a very big asset. I chose a soft blue eye shadow highlighted with taupe and a touch of silver, black eyeliner and mascara, then a soft peach toned blusher. Sheer to the waist pantyhose, then the dress. I zipped it up and stepped into my only white heels. They were sling back with an ankle strap, three inches high, making me a full 5'10" tall. Taking the rollers out I brushed my hair out, letting it fall naturally to my shoulders, the slight curl adding body and a few waves. Using a white rhinestone clip, pulled my hair back on my left side, added a pale red lipstick, some perfume, white and gold earrings, then a cheap rhinestone choker necklace and the matching tennis bracelet. My brown hair and green eyes went well with the dress, and I knew that I looked better than I ever had any right to. Then I began to get cold feet. 17 year old boys just don't want to be girls, and even if they do, they aren't supposed to look the way I did. Cheryl was being kind when she said that I was gorgeous, because to me, I was at best, merely an average looking girl. Deep down, I guess I was hoping that dad would think I was pretty. Gathering my courage again, I found my white purse, put my things in it, then stared in the mirror one last time. I was going to need to use all my skills and be as feminine as I could manage. With a grin to bolster my courage, I grabbed the purse, opened the door, and walked out of the house before I changed my mind or lost my will to face my dad.

I was at the restaurant a bit early, gave the name and was showed to the booth. Thankfully it was slightly dark, and better, the booth wasn't near the front. I was sipping on a soda when I saw dad walk in, but when I saw that he wasn't alone, I began to panic! I recognized the other person right away. It was Katherine, dad's highest profile client! I wanted to crawl under the table, but I was stuck there as the waiter showed them to the table. Dad saw me. I was clearly family. I looked like the sister I didn't have. As his eyes got wider he hesitated a moment, giving no visible sign that anything was wrong as he let Katherine sit first, then he slid in next to her.

"I'm sure you know who Kathy is, this is…"

"Susan" I said quickly to save dad the embarrassment of not knowing my name, "pleased to meet you."

They ordered drinks as I just sat there, then after nervously chatting for about twenty minutes…"It was very nice to meet you my dear, but I won't stay long. Your father tells me that you two have some important things to talk about, so I better scoot."

After Katherine left, dad and I sat there facing each other alone.

"This is obviously what you wanted to talk about" he said with restraint in his voice.

"Yeah. Dad, I've always thought that I should have been a girl! How could you not know!? I wore eyeliner and mascara, even blusher, hoping you would figure it out, but you never did! Now I don't have a choice."

"And why is that?"

"I've started to…develop."

"Develop?"

"Dad!" I said in an exasperated tone, even as his eyes immediately went to my breasts, then he looked up at me with a stunned look on his face. "In case you're wondering" I said, "they're real. This is all me….well, almost all of it anyway."

"But how did this happen?! I mean…"

"Dad" I interrupted, "I just couldn't stand it any more! I knew that I should have been a girl, and it was driving me crazy, so I started taking hormones over a year and a half ago! That's why I'm developing! Dad, I was meant to be a girl, and I will be fully developed very soon if I keep growing at the same rate anyway."

"You took drugs that would make you turn into a girl?! But how did you get them!?"

"It was easy dad, I ordered them from a place that sells them over the Internet."

"So, if you're becoming a girl…how did you come up with the name Susan?"

"Susan Michelle, after grandma, and mom."

"I see. And given your…development, there isn't anything I can do about this? Right?"

"I'm a girl dad, and I always have been, only it didn't show before, and now it does."

"I was hoping that you would go to college, then come in with me as a partner, but…"

"But why can't I still do that? What I mean is, what's changed, other than my name and what I'll wear? And what? Girls aren't smart enough to do what you do?"

"It's not like that, you know what I meant! It's just that I just never thought anything like this would happen to me!"

"Happen to you? What about me? Do you know how hard it was for me to keep this a secret? How much I wanted to tell you? Or how hard I had to work to be the son you wanted? I tried dad, I really did, you know that, but this is who I am, and I just can't hide it from you or anyone else any more, and it's not just because I'm starting to develop! I'm simply tired of hiding from everyone, and lying to you!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. It's just so…" dad sat back and sighed. "You're right of course. I guess I can't claim innocence… I saw the eyeliner, mascara, the pink shirts and those tight shorts you wore; I wondered about a few other things I saw you doing, and couldn't figure out why you wanted your mothers vanity desk so badly. I guess I figured it was just something you were doing to fit in with the other kids. I mean, I've seen them on television, so…."

"Those are the Goths dad. Lots of makeup and black clothes, totally weird. You know I'm not like that! I just want to be a normal every day kind of girl, like mom was!"

"It looks to me like you have succeeded."

"I had to tell you dad, it was killing me, hiding this from you all the time!"

"I'll bet."

"You're not angry with me are you?"

"Hell yes I'm angry with you! You didn't trust me enough to tell me about this before now, did you? Telling me now, after you started to…already have… developed, seems a bit anticlimactic, doesn't it? Whatever you've done, there's no going back, is there?"

"I doubt it, not now dad, and even if I could, I wouldn't."

"I see" dad said with that stoic tone in his voice. "You're 17 now, and I guess you should know your own mind, but given what you just told me, it doesn't seem like there's anything I can do about this, so I guess I'll just have to accept it, regardless of what I think, won't I?"

With all of the stress, that soda ran right through me, so I excused myself. "I have to use the ladies room dad, I'll be right back."

As I stood up dad got his first good look at my shape, especially my legs as my dress crawled up a bit when I slid out of the booth. By the time I returned, dad had ordered two drinks, one for me, one for him, his a double by the look of it.

"Okay" dad said as I sat down, "I guess I'll have to concede the point, you obviously have the body for it, but tell me this, you're going to finish school as a boy, right?"

"Yeah, I won't do anything stupid now, that would only cause more problems."

"I'm glad to hear that" he said sarcastically, "maybe we can get your diploma sent out with just your initials on it, which should make it easier to for you to get into college anyway. Now I guess it's time for me to say that this is all my fault. Maybe if I had been home more, maybe this wouldn't have happened."

"It wouldn't have made any difference dad, sooner or later I would have become a girl whether you were home or not. It's not you dad, it never was. It's something inside of me." After taking a long look into my drink, "Can I still live at home? Or do I have to…leave?"

"Move? No, why would I make you move? You'll stay at home with me, but maybe we should spend more time together? For the life of me, I cannot understand why any guy would want to become a female, so maybe you can help me understand a little better? I need to…what I mean is, I've always had a son, not a daughter, and on top of that, I don't know what it is that you want from me! Believe me, I never expected something like this… especially this!"

"All I want to be able to do is be myself whenever I'm not in school dad, that's all! Nothing else is going to change! I like the same colors, the same sports teams, the same foods, everything is the same except for what I'll be wearing!"

It was hard for dad to understand, but at least he was trying, didn't threaten me, scream and shout or anything like that. But I didn't expect him to. He's a lawyer. He's trained to be really cool under pressure. His response was more than I expected. It was the best I could hope for. He and I had been alone since my mom slowly died of cervical cancer. I was 12 at the time, and had already been dressing up in her clothes for a few years by then. When she died I managed to salvage everything I could, like most of her jewelry, some clothes and some shoes, but that was about all, except that dad let me have her vanity. Now he was faced with the fact that I wanted to be a girl, a girl that resembled his wife, my mother, more than a little I guess. From his point of view he had first lost a wife, now a son, and gained what? I had the task of convincing him I wasn't just a boy in a dress. I had to convince him that I was his daughter by being the best daughter I could. I did my best to smile, and tried to stay light hearted through dinner, hoping to convince him that I was right, then…

"Here's to my new daughter" he said as he lifted his glass, "may she and I find our way through this together."

I almost cried when he said that, wiped away a tear, then we went home a it later. I changed into my nightgown, then joined him to watch the late news. He didn't say a thing when I showed up in the lilac nightgown, but he looked, he couldn't help himself. The next morning I was up first, and after I changed into a pair of jeans and a blouse, I went in to make breakfast. Dad showed up when the smell reached his bedroom. As we ate…

"I'll bet that you don't have a very large wardrobe, do you?"

"Not much. I had to borrow that dress I wore last night from Cheryl."

"Cheryl knows?!"

"I had to tell someone dad, and she is one of my best friends."

"I suppose. What now?"

"Huh?"

"What I mean is, what you said last night; that you want to dress like a girl whenever you're not in school. What does that mean…exactly?"

"Just what it sounds like, but if you say no…"

"That's exactly what I'd like to do" dad said sourly, "but from what you tell me it wouldn't have mattered what I would have said, even if I had known earlier…" I started to say something when he held up his hand. "I truly believe that you wouldn't do something like this unless it was true, so I'll accept what you tell me. It's just so…are you Gay? Is that it?"

"If you're asking me if I would like guys, then I'd have to say yes, but only like a girl would like guys! Not the other way, no!"

He sat there looking at me a moment, then…"If I let you buy some more clothes, you won't go crazy on me will you? You did say that you don't have much, and if I'm going to see a girl around here from now on, you might as well look presentable I guess, so why don't you call Cheryl and see if she'll go with you. Women always shop in pairs anyway, so you might as well."

"So…does this mean…"

"It means" dad said, "that we'll try it for a while and see how things work out. I'm not sure that I can stomach seeing you all dressed up like a girl all the time, but we'll try it for a while and see how it works out…okay?"

I agreed of course, and he gave me his credit card! Later, after he left for work, I called Cheryl who wanted all the news, so I asked her to come over, and be prepared to do some shopping. We didn't go crazy like dad feared, but I bought the essentials, like more bras and panties, three skirts, shorts, two dresses, a pair of nice dress slacks, some shoes, and a coat, had my ears pierced and got some pantyhose. At Cheryl's urging, I bought a flannel nightgown. I saw a lot that I wanted to get, but with my body still changing, I had to hold back, just in case I changed sizes. I also wanted to get my hair styled but didn't dare, I still had six months of school to go and didn't want to take the chance, not right then any way.

Things got a bit better after dad started seeing me dressed like any normal girl would at home, Usually jeans or a skirt and blouse. I continued to manage to hide things at school, but it was getting harder because I had another spurt of development which really rounded out my hips and back side, my boobs grew to a full B cup, my waist seemed like it was getting smaller, and my skin got very smooth. Still taking the hormones, I cut back from two pills a day to one a day, hoping that I could get through school without anyone finding out. Twice a friend of mine asked me about my butt, telling me that it looked like I had a girls butt! I used an elastic wrap to tape down my breasts, but that hurt and I didn't like it. About three weeks before graduation something happened that changed my carefully laid plans.

I had dropped one of my books and bent over to pick it up, which is when the girl behind me saw a potion of my panties. She tapped me on the shoulder, I jerked upright, turned, and hit the side of my head on the corner of the wall, which knocked me loopy, then slid sideways and fell down a few steps to the first landing. I landed hard enough to loosen the bandage holding my boobs down, then it came loose, so when I rolled over on my side, well…I flopped out. The obviousness of my breast couldn't be missed, and believe me, nobody standing there did. Combine that with the fact that Shelley and several others saw my panties was all it took.

I ran into the restroom and fixed things, but the damage was done, and I knew it. As I walked out into the hallway, the Principal and the school nurse were standing there, obviously waiting for me.

"In my office" she said. Once we were in her office and the door was closed…"It seems as if you have something to tell me".

"Uh…ummm….no ma'am."

"Shelly and several others are saying that you have breasts. They say that they saw them when you fell down. They also say that you're wearing panties. Now, is there anything you would like to tell me?"

"Can I…can I call my dad?"

She let me call dad, and when I told him that I needed him at the school immediately, that there had been an accident and I was in the Principals office, he said that he would be right there. That's when I elected to just sit there, ignoring the nurse and the Principals demands, simply waiting for dad to arrive, which he did, about twenty minutes later.

"It seems" Mrs. Benton said, "that your son has breasts! Did you know that?"

"Of course I knew about it" dad replied quickly, "He is becoming a girl, and in fact has been for quite a while now, and if it weren't for the fact that there is so little time left before graduation, he would be attending as a girl right now…with my blessing!"

"Can I…" she started, then…"I would like Mrs. Ward to examine him, and if what you say is true, maybe we can work something out."

I looked at dad, saw him nod his head yes, and went with the nurse. Without a word I removed my shirt, then the bandage I used to hide my boobs, and let them free. As she watched, I took off my slacks and stood there in my panties facing her. Since I always taped down what was left of my manhood, it looked as if I were a girl. Thankfully she did not ask me to remove them. I quickly dressed and joined Dad in the Principals office.

"He" Mrs. Ward said, "is a girl! I had him undress to his panties and saw no sign that he is a ….he!"

All I could do was grin on the inside. I didn't dare do anything but stand there quietly. My fate hung on what the principal was going to do. After what seemed like a long wait…

"Well, if he is a she, then why isn't she dressed appropriately?"

"Susan only had a few weeks to go until graduation, so we, she and I, decided that it would be better if she simply graduated and went on with her life." Dad sounded very lawyerly.

"That's why you requested her diploma with only initials."

"Of course" dad said.

Looking right at me…"I'll expect you to be properly dressed tomorrow. Come see me first thing in the morning before classes start."

"Yes Ma'am."

Dad went back to his office, and I went back to class, but I stopped at the restroom first. Since there wasn't any hiding my predicament any more, I removed the bandage around my chest and let my hair out of the ponytail. Using my fingers I did my best to fluff my hair. With my head up, I walked back to class, my clearly visible boobs bouncing with every step. Nobody said a word when I walked into the classroom, yet every eye was trained on my very obvious boobs. As we filed out of the room I could hear the remarks; some unkind, others not, yet nobody said a word to me, until….

"I knew you were different, I just couldn't figure it out until now!"

"Hi Janice."

"You…ah…wearing a skirt tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why not? Might as well, now that everyone knows that I'm really a girl."

"See ya tomorrow then?"

"Sure."

And that's how it was. I went to school the next day dressed like all of the other girls, in a skirt and blouse, only my skirt was short, about mid thigh on me. I wore a plain bra, nylons and flats, and my makeup was impeccable. Not many kids said anything, so I managed to graduate on time, but as a girl. That summer I worked at dad's law firm, starting college that fall. I have a fully developed female body, which will be complete in a few months after I heal up. Life is good now, and dad and I get along just fine, and that means more to me than anything else.

up
237 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story brings back memories of my attending school as a

prepubescent girl and had the acceptance of my teachers, my friends, including the boys, and my aunt Caroline. My birth mother however had a herd of cows when she found out. That is when things got really dark for me.

This story is very sweet, and Cheryl knew something was up even before the meeting in the mall. But with support, love and acceptance, Susan will go far. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Delightful

Janet,

As always, your write a delightful story. Thanks

Red MacDonald

simple

Great story Janet, If life were only that simple there would be many thousands that would have had better lives, Unfortunately the real world does not work that way. so most of us live our lives in secret and cry a lot.

Hugs Ronnie :)

ROO

Yes Ronnie!!

Pamreed's picture

I hid my true self until I was 50! And yes I cried many times!!
I remember asking God to let me be a girl!! He didn't but I did
and 14 years later I am very happy!! But there are so many of us
that through circumstances are not able to be their true self!!
I think that may be changing with the new generation, I hope so!!
Still this was fun and let me imagine what could have been for me!!

Hugs,
Pamela

So I’ve been a boy and I’ve been a girl and, trust me, being a girl is better

Surprise 4 Dad is

a wonderful story. Love how everything worked out.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Handy,

having a lawyer for a Daddy!

Handy,

having a lawyer for a Daddy!

perceptive man...

... your Dad! Love the story! Thanks, Ginger xx

Oh my.

Extravagance's picture

Things went a bit ...tits-up, on the stairs. :D
I guess it was for the best though.

Catfolk Pride.PNG