You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 25

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 25

    Lianna Sent Danielle a number of texts messages, but didn’t get a reply to any of them, so she wondered if Danielle was just busy having tests done before she went in for the surgery.

     “Still nothing back from her yet?” Lauren asked as she walked with Lianna towards the dining hall.

     “No, but Aunty Mandy did say that Danielle would be having tests done most the morning before the surgery this afternoon.” Lianna said trying to put a brave face on the worry she was feeling.

    They were soon at the dining room and all the others were stood waiting for them, so they all headed into the dining room and got their lunches before finding a table away from all the others, so they could talk about Danielle. They didn’t want other students to overhear about Danielle having surgery and start asking questions. They all thought Danielle had been through enough without students at this school treating her like an outcast, or a freak. Lianna was getting to know what that felt like with some of the students.

    Lianna had found a note shoved in her locker at break time that said she was a queer freak that shouldn’t be in the school, and a couple of boys had called her a faggot as well, but Lianna just did like Lauren said and took no notice. She wasn’t going to let a couple of assholes spoil her time in school, and for the most part the other students were fine with her being in school. Lianna wondered if most of the name calling was down to the fact she was now getting to talk with more of the girls in school, making some of the more macho men jealous.

     “Have you had any word from Danielle yet?” Jessica asked once they were seated around a table.

     “No, but she’s not having the surgery until this afternoon, and I think they’ve had her doing tests all morning because I’ve not had any replies to the texts I’ve been sending her.” Lianna said with a sigh as she got her phone out again and checked to see if she might have missed it vibrating in her blazer pocket.

     “I hope it all goes okay for her.” Jennifer said looking worried.

    Lianna was just about to say something, but stopped when she saw a shadow of a person standing behind her block out some of the light. She looked behind her and saw it was Simon and Ian.

     “Hi Lianna, Lauren.” Simon smiled more at Lauren than Lianna. “I heard that Danielle was Ill, how’s she doing?” Simon asked.

     “Who told you that?” Lianna asked looking angrily around the table to see which one of them had spilled the beans on Danielle having surgery.

     “Lauren told me on Friday. She said that was the reason for you not being at school. You were playing nurse.” Simon said with a puzzled look as to why Lianna was acting so defensively about it. “I asked if you were wearing a cute little nurse’s uniform, but she just punched me in the arm and called me a jerk.” Simon added with a chuckle.

     “Yes, she just fell and bumped her head, so I stayed at home to keep an eye on her. And no I didn’t dress up like a nurse either.” Lianna added the last bit in a tone that said Simon was an idiot.

     “Is it okay if we join you?” Simon asked.

     “Sure, take a seat.” Lianna smiled when she saw the pleading look Lauren was giving her to let Simon sit with them.

    Simon and Ian both pulled up seats and joined the others. They hadn’t been sat with them long before they saw Lianna pulling her phone out as they heard it making the noise you hear when a cell phone vibrates.

     “Is it Danielle?” Lauren asked excitedly.

     “Yes it is.” Lianna replied as she pushed some buttons and read the text message.

     “What does it say?” Jennifer asked.

     “It’s from Aunty Mandy using Danielle’s phone.” Lianna explained as she read the message. “She says that Danielle as just gone into surgery, and she was busy all morning having tests done, and that is the reason for her not replying to my earlier messages.” Lianna explained.

     “Surgery? How hard did Danielle hit her head?” Simon asked looking shocked.

    Lianna looked around the table at her family as she tried to gauge whether or not to say anything. She got looks of you can trust them, so Lianna took a deep breath before she started to explain the reason for Danielle needing an operation.

     “So let me get this straight then. She was being raised as a boy, but she suddenly started growing breasts, and no one thought this weird?” Simon asked when Lianna finished explaining to him and Ian.

     “Yep, pretty much.” Lauren nodded.

     “Wow, poor kid. Does she want to be a girl then, like you?” Simon asked.

     “Danielle is a girl; they even say she should be able to have children when she’s older.” Lianna answered.

     “Won’t you be able to have children then?” Ian asked looking confused. “I thought they altered everything so you can function like a woman and do all the things a woman can.” He added.

     “Sadly I will never be able to have a child, that is something not even medical science can help with.” Lianna said in a sad tone. “Danielle is a girl through and through, where as I have the mind of a girl tapped in the body of a boy.” Lianna tried to explain.

     “I’m sorry Lianna, I didn’t know that.” Ian said.

     “Don’t worry about it Ian, it’s not your fault I was born in the wrong body. I’m just glad to still have the two of you as friends.” Lianna smiled.

     “So was your situation the reason for Danielle coming to live with you then?” Simon asked.

     “No, we didn’t find out about Danielle’s problem until after she moved in with us.” Lauren answered.

     “Is that why you were upset with Danielle last week then?” Simon asked as he started piecing together Lianna’s bad mood and the talk they had about people keeping secrets.

     “Yes it was, and it led to Danielle almost getting killed.” Lianna said as she hung her head in shame. “She ran away Thursday night, and got attacked, but Uncle Brad got there before anything to bad happened, but Danielle smacked her head while trying to get away from her attacker.” Lianna explained. “She thought I hated her.”

     “I trust the fact you spent Friday looking after her, that things are okay between you again now?” Simon asked with a smile. “And you told her how wrong she was about you hating her?” He added with a smug look.

     “Yes.” Lianna blushed as she looked down at her phone pretending to do something, but just not wanting to make eye contact with Simon.

     “Give her my best when you see her, and tell I said to get well soon and not to go breaking my friend’s heart.” Simon said the last part with a warning tone to his voice, but he was soon smiling again when he saw the look Lianna gave him that said that would never happen.

    Lianna knew that Simon and Ian would come to the party she’d spoke to her mother about for Danielle when she was better. Lianna also knew that Naomi. Polly and Natalie would also come, as would Jennifer’s, Jessica’s and Lauren’s friends, as they had all took an instant liking to Danielle on the first day they met her. Lianna and Lauren were still the only two that knew about the party they were thinking of throwing for Danielle, and they were keeping it that way under orders from their mother.

    Lunchtime came to an end and they all went off to their afternoon classes and to wait for any news from their Aunty Mandy as to how Danielle was doing.

    Lianna spent the afternoon doing her classes, but most of her time was spent thinking about Danielle, and how lucky she was to be having the surgery to make her look like a girl. Liana knew that Danielle’s surgery was more a cosmetic thing to fix a defect from birth, but part of Lianna was still jealous of her for having it done.


*****

    Danielle opened her eyes groggily and saw the nurse that had asked her to count down from ten, but she couldn’t remember what number she’d gotten to before she lost count.

     “Just relax Danielle, and you will start to feel more awake in a minute or two.” The pretty eyed nurse said with a smile. Danielle thought she had a very pretty smile to go with her very pretty eyes. She thought the nurse just looked very pretty.

     “You’re very pretty.” Danielle said in a slurred voice just before she let out a giggle.

     “So are you sweetie.” The nurse giggled back. “Now just lay still for a bit.” The nurse added as she checked on some things around Danielle.

    The more aware Danielle became, the more she realised that the surgery must be over due to the fact she couldn’t feel anything around her groin, and she started to panic a little, but at the same time she had a strange full feeling down there that she’d never felt before.

     “Is it all over? The surgery I mean?” Danielle asked in a raspy voice due to her mouth feeling like it was full of cotton wool.

     “Yes it all went really well, but the doctors will explain all that to you in a couple of minutes.” The nurse said.

     “Why do I feel so numb but full down there at the same time?” Danielle asked.

     “You’ve been fitted with a catheter to help stop the risk of infection while you heal, and also make it easier for you going to the bathroom.” The nurse said the last part in a whisper. “The reason it feels weird is because you’ve been fitted with a female one, now everything has been opened up down there.” She explained.

    Danielle just started grinning as she thought about her looking like a girl from head to toe. “I’m really a girl then now?” Danielle asked.

     “You were always a girl sweetie.” Mandy said from the doorway just before she stepped into the room with Carl following her in. The two doctors were following just behind. “How you feeling honey?” Mandy asked when she got to the bed and smiled down at Danielle.

     “Numb and full at the same time.” Danielle tried to explain with a puzzled look on her face.

     “That will be the catheter making you feel a little funny. One of the doctors said.

     “Yes I know, the Pretty nurse told me what you’ve done.” Danielle smiled as she pointed to the nurse that had just explained everything to her.

     “Please just call me Gail.” The nurse blushed. “I’ve only explained about the catheter sir.” Gail added as she looked at the two doctors.

     “Very well, so we better explain the other bits then.” The doctor said as he looked at some paperwork and tried to decide where to start. “First of all I want to let you know that the operation was a big success, and you will look wonderful once the swelling has gone down, but you will be sore for a couple of weeks while it heals.” He warned.

     “When will I be able to see it?” Danielle asked.

     “I’d say a couple of days if all goes well. It will take that long for the swelling to go down enough for you to see anything.” The doctor explained.

    Danielle was happy to let the doctor talk to her parents while she lay back and looked as happy as she could for someone who had just woken after surgery. Danielle’s tummy groaning let the other know that she was hungry, so the nurse was soon running off to sort her out with some food.

     “We’ll leave the three of you to talk, and the nurses will keep checking in on you Danielle.” The doctor smiled just before he left the room.

    The nurse came back with a plate of sandwiches and some fruit, as well as a large jug of juice. “I hope this will do you until dinner time Danielle? I don’t want to spoil your dinner by giving you a proper meal now.” Gail said as she looked at the time. It was just after three in the afternoon, and dinner was server at five, so the patients were all done by the time visitors arrived at six.

     “This is fine.” Danielle mumbled around the mouth full of sandwich she was already chewing on.

     “Okay.” Gail giggled. “Just push this button if you need anything, and no trying to get out of bed.” Gail warned just before she left the room.

    Carl and Mandy were happy to sit and let Danielle eat something while they sat together on a sofa in the corner of the room. They were just happy to see her out of surgery and looking well as she ate something.

     “Feel better now sweetie?” Mandy asked when she saw that Danielle had cleared the plate of sandwiches, and was now sat munching on bits of fruit that she was pulling out of a plastic tub the nurse had brought in with the plate of sandwiches.

     “I feel better now I’ve had something to eat, but I’m feeling a little sore down there.” Danielle said with a wince as she pointed down at her groin.

     “Gail did say to buzz her if you need anything, and it sounds like you need something for the pain.” Carl said as he stepped over and handed Danielle the little cord with a green call button on the end of it.

    Danielle pushed the button and a minute later a smiling Gail entered the room to find out what Danielle needed her for.

     “Is everything alright Danielle?” Gail asked.

     “I’m beginning to feel a little sore.” Danielle winced again.

     “Let’s see if we can do something about that shall we.” Gail smiled as she handed Danielle another little cable with a button on the end of it. “Push this button when you feel the pain starting, and it will add some pain relief to your drip in your arm.” Gail explained.

     “What happens if I push it to many times?” Danielle asked, worried about giving herself an overdose.

     “You can push it as many timed as you wanted.” Gail said as she pushed the butting five or six times. “It will still only give you a small amount every so often.” Gail explained.

    Danielle was soon resting her head back on the pillow and enjoying the feeling of the pain relief working as the soreness she was feeling started to go away. Danielle was soon drifting off to sleep, even thought she had been asleep for a couple of hours while they did the surgery.

    Mandy and Carl stepped out and called everyone to let them know Danielle was doing fine and was resting at the minute. Mandy couldn’t call the kids while at school, so she used Danielle’s phone to send Lianna a text message to let them all know she was fine, and looking forward to seeing them all later in the evening.


*****

    Lianna was sat in the library doing her homework when she felt her blazer pocket buzzing, so she quickly pulled the phone out and looked to see who was texting her. She smiled when she saw it was a message from Danielle’s phone saying that Danielle was fine and resting after having something to eat, and the surgery went fine.

    The text message had left Lianna in such a good mood that when she bumped into Nigel Lint and a couple of other lads on her way to meet up with Lauren for their last lesson of the day, she wasn’t bothered about him calling her a fag.

     “If I was a ‘Fag’ as you put it Nigel, sweetie, then I would still be a boy and I’d be showing an interest in you, but I’m a girl now, so that would be like saying if you ‘ever’ got a girlfriend, then that would also make you a fag, but I can’t see that ever happening, can you?” Lianna asked as the hallway started to fill up with other students, some of which were friends with Lianna and some of her family.

    Nigel tried to think of some witty comeback, but the long quiet pause just left him and his two friends looking like idiots. “Err, well, whatever.” Nigel said just before he turned and walked away through a crowd of kids all laughing at him.

    Lianna had a small group of students walking with her to her final class of the day, and she got a raised eyebrow from Lauren when she saw Lianna’s entourage.

     “What’s with the diva look?” Lauren asked as she pointed at all the other students now wandering off to their own classes now they saw that Lianna was safely with her sister at their next classroom.

     “I had a run in with Nigel Lint and a couple of his friends.” Lianna shrugged. “They called me a fag, so I pointed out the difference between a gay man and what I am. I left him looking like a fool in front of a hallway full of students.” Lianna giggled as she thought about the look on Nigel’s face as she brought him down a peg or two.

     “You should go and report him for saying stuff like that.” Lauren said looking angry.

     “That would just let Nigel know he was getting to me, this way he is made to look like a fool, and I also show him that I can fight my own battles.” Lianna explained as she led her sister into the classroom and they took their seats. “And you were the one that told me to just ignore him.” Lianna reminded her sister.

     “I’d still like to report him, just to see him get told off by Stanman.” Lauren growled. She was trying to work out whether or not she should say something to their parents about her sister being called names by some of the students. If she said something and their mother had a blow out about it, Lianna would be angry with her, but if she kept quiet and it got worse, she would be in trouble, and the main aim of their mother’s blow out. Lauren was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard what Lianna said next.

     “I got a text message from Aunty Mandy, she says that Daniele is out of surgery and resting after having something to eat, so we can all go and see her later tonight, but not until six.” Lianna pouted.

     “At least it will give us time to get our homework done.” Lauren said looking on the plus side to them not going to see Danielle until six.

     “I’ve already done mine, so I will just have whatever we get from this lesson to get done.” Lianna said looking smug with herself.

     “Maybe I should get out of doing gym, so I can do my homework in the library as well.” Lauren pouted.

     “You could, but then you wouldn’t be trying out for the hockey team would you.” Lianna pointed out. “And you love playing sports, where as I never did.”

    Nana Prue had warned Lianna about not getting to over active while she had her groin glued up like it was, because it could cause damage if she stretched too far. Swimming was about the only form of sport Lianna enjoyed as either Lianna or as Andrew, but even then Andrew preferred to go swimming as Lianna, so he got to wear one of her pretty swimsuits.

     “Good point sis, and I never have liked going to the library.” Lauren said screwing up her nose. “Too many books, it’s creepy.” She added with a shudder.

    Lianna had to slap her hand over her mouth when Lauren said the last part, due to the teacher just standing up to start the lesson. The teacher frowned at Lianna, but just started the lesson and left Lianna to sort herself out and open her text book. Lianna frowned at Lauren once she had recovered from the silly comment, but Lauren just sat there looking smug because she nearly got her sister in trouble.

    The last lesson dragged on, and Lianna kept looking at the time willing it to be over, so they could get to six o’clock and she could go and see Danielle. Lianna was beating herself up now for those couple of days last week when she was in a bad mood with Danielle, because that was lost time she could have spent having fun, but at the same time Lianna found herself wondering if they would have ever told each other how they felt if she hadn’t acted like that with Danielle. The lesson finally came to an end and Lianna almost ran Lauren through the school and out to the waiting minibus with Brad stood leaning against it.

     “Slow down sis!” Lauren shouted as she was almost pushed into the minibus by Lianna. “This won’t make six o’clock come any faster.” Lauren pointed out.

     “It might.” Lianna grinned as she jumped in the minibus and sat there looking eager to see the others arrive.

    Once they were all onboard and Brad was behind the wheel and driving them out the school grounds, Brad shouted back to explain to all the kids what they were about to do.

     “We have a little stop to make before I take you all home. We’ll be calling in at a shopping centre, so you can all grab a gift to give Danielle later.” Brad explained as he drove down the road.

    Most the kids thought it was a good idea, but Richard just looked bored with the idea of going shopping for gifts. He just wanted to go home do his homework and then spend some hours playing video games. He wasn’t planning on going with the others to the hospital to see Danielle and he’d looked like he was in a foul mood since the others got on the minibus.

    Brad parked up in the shopping centre car park and then led all the kids into the shop and told them to stick together. The kids walked through the shop like an invading arm as they hit first the toy section, then the sweet section as well as getting her a card and a balloon that said ‘Get well soon’ on it. Brad did a quick head count when he noticed someone was missing though and pulled them all off to one side.

     “Hold it kids, we’re missing one!” Brad said with a frown as he realised it was Richard. “All of you wait here while I go and fetch Richard.” Brad growled as he wandered off through the shop towards the games section where Richard always ended up.

     “I wouldn’t want to be in Rich’s shoes right now.” Lianna said to the group as they saw that Brad was using his angry walk.

     “I doubt you’d want to be in any form of male footwear.” Jessica giggled. “But I know what you mean.” She added when she also noticed the walk Brad was using as he balled up his fists at his side and almost marched up the shop in search of the missing child.

     “Daddy is going to kill him for this.” Jennifer said as she watched her father walk around a corner out of sight.

     “I know our parents are getting sick of him getting in trouble.” Nicole said.

    Even thought Richard and Nicole were twins, they couldn’t look or act more differently if they tried. Richard was on the small side, and took a lot of stick at school from the larger kids, and some had found out about his families past, and they called him names, so Richard would play up and get in trouble just to try and look cool. Callum saw where this would lead his son, as he remembered picking on Chrissy in the same way, and he found it hard to live with later on in life. Callum and Jayden often wondered if Richard was more like his father than he liked to let on, but Richard had never shown any interest in girl’s clothes, so they thought it was more to do with him being small, but it ran in the family and there was little anyone could do about it. Richard was good at sports though, and one of the star players on the soccer team, and he always came to Nicole’s defence if she needed it, as he did the rest of the family, so that balanced out the trouble he got in most the time.


*****

    Richard was just checking out a new game that had just been released that day when he found himself being scooped up under Brad’s arm like he was a toy.

     “Hey! Put me down.” Richard shouted as he tried to wriggle his way out of his Uncle Brad’s grip, but Brad just gripped him a little tighter. “I said put me down now.” Richard added with more anger in his voice.

     “I thought I’d take a leaf out of your play book and just take no notice of what you say, and do my own thing, so enjoy the ride kiddo.” Brad said as he just kept walking through the shop with Richard tucked under his arm.

    All the others had stopped where Brad told them too, none of them wanting to upset him anymore than he already was. They were all trying not to laugh when they saw their Uncle Brad walking towards them with Richard under one arm.

     “Let’s get to the check out and pay for all these items.” Brad said as he reached the others, but he still made no attempt to put Richard down.

    They all headed for the checkout and placed the items on the belt and then a couple of them sorted out bagging all the items as the woman scanned them. The woman looked at Brad a little strangely as he stood there with a credit card in one hand waiting to place it in the machine and punch in the pin, while holding a child under his other arm.

    Richard had given up trying to get free and was just hanging from Brad’s arm, red with shame. Brad paid for the items and then walked the others out to the minibus where he finally placed Richard back on his feet and pointed into the minibus.

     “Are you insane bro?” Nicole asked as she punched Richard on the arm.

     “Don’t start sis.” Richard whined. “I just wanted to check out a new game.” He added.

     “I hope you enjoyed it, because mum and dad will be banning you from playing any games until your thirty for this little stunt.” Nicole warned.

     “Whatever.” Richard said as he sat back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest and looked out the window like he wasn’t bothered.

    Nicole just looked at him for a couple of seconds before she moved to another seat to leave him to fester in his own bad mood.

    Brad pulled into the driveway at home and pulled up in front of the house. He let all the kids out and then watched as Richard gave him a dirty look before he went inside to get his homework done. Brad just shook his head and remembered how he was at Richard’s age. The advantage Brad had was the fact he was close to being six feet tall and didn’t get any stick from people. He did get the odd comment about being so tall, but most were too scared of what might happen if they upset him, not that Brad was a violent person.

    All the others thanked Brad for stopping off at the shopping centre so they could all get something for Danielle, as they got out the minibus and ran off into the house to get their homework and chores done before having dinner and then going to see Danielle.


*****

    Danielle was sat reading a book while being sat up in bed when she heard the clicking of heels on the floor out in the hallway that seemed to be getting louder and louder. She smiled when she saw Chrissy, Becky and Amy enter the room.

     “Hi!” Danielle shouted as she put her book down and then held out her arms to get hugs from them all. “Mum and dad left a little while ago to get some dinner why I had mine.” Danielle said when she saw Chrissy looking around the empty room.

     “How are you feeling sweetie?” Chrissy asked with concern in her voice. Out of anyone, Chrissy and Amy knew just how Danielle was feeling right now.

     “Sore, but well worth it if I can be a real girl at the end.” Danielle grinned.

     “I know what you mean sweetie.” Chrissy said as she hugged Danielle. “Do you need anything doing for you?” Chrissy asked when she saw that Danielle was bed ridden due to the catheter.

     “Just some company and you’ve already taken care of that Aunty Chrissy.” Danielle grinned some more as she hugged Becky and then Amy.

     “We can be good company as well.” Amy pouted as she gave Danielle a hug.

     “I meant all three of you.” Danielle pouted back which soon had Amy grinning and then she started to giggle as she gave Danielle another hug.

    The three of them had come straight from the shop, and hadn’t bothered to call and grab anything for Danielle because they had already sorted out for Brad to call in at a shop and then let the kids buy Danielle some gifts, and they didn’t want to risk doubling up on anything.

    Danielle was giggling at some story Chrissy, Becky and Amy was telling her when Mandy and Carl got back to the room.

     “Hi sis.” Chrissy grinned as she jumped up and ran over to Mandy and threw her arms around Mandy and hugged her. “I told you everything would go just fine didn’t I?” Chrissy added.

     “Hi sis.” Mandy said as she hugged Chrissy back. “Yes you did tell me, but I think you’re rubbing off on me, and I can’t help but worry about things these days.” Mandy giggled.

     “That’s not such a bad thing now is it?” Chrissy asked with a grin.

     “Just as long as the running away doesn’t rub off on you.” Carl said as he stood just to Mandy’s side.

     “I don’t do that anymore.” Chrissy said gritting her teeth and playfully punching Carl on the arm, which just made him chuckle. “Danielle does it much better than I did anyway.” Chrissy added as she went back to sit on the edge of the bed where she’d been when Carl and Mandy entered the room.

     “I’ve done with running away too Aunty Chrissy, so someone else can take over that role.” Danielle said.

     “I’d rather no one pick up where your two left off, if you don’t mind.” Mandy frowned.

     “I second that one.” Becky sighed as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy and rested her head on Chrissy’s shoulder.

    Amy got all excited when she saw Amber enter the room, and she was soon covering her wife in kisses as they hugged each other. “Did you miss me today?” Amber asked between kisses.

     “I always miss you baby.” Amy pouted. “I’ve had to put up with Chrissy and Becky being all lovey duvey while they treated me like poor Cinderella.” Amy added in a pained voice.

     “Are you calling us the evil stepsisters?” Chrissy asked in mock horror.

     “If the cap fits.” Amy said with her nose in the air just before she stuck her tongue out at Chrissy, and then she hid behind Amber when Chrissy tried to grab her.

    Amber wasn’t much protection, and Chrissy soon had Amy pinned on the sofa in the corner of the room as she tickled her.

    Danielle could see what Lauren meant the other day about her being as ticklish as Aunty Amy now. Amy couldn’t do anything due to her giggling and squealing so much. Danielle had to hit the little button to give herself a shot of painkiller, due to her bouncing up and down a little with all the giggling she was doing.

    Chrissy got off Amy and helped her to sit up and get her breath back, while they watched Danielle giggling at them.

    Mandy sat on the edge of Danielle’s bed and looked worried when she saw her daughter push the button that gave her a shot of whatever painkiller it was they had her on.

     “Does it hurt sweetie?” Mandy asked.

     “Only when I laugh.” Danielle giggled some more. “But I like to watch you all playing around and having fun.” Danielle added, not wanting them to stop having fun around her.

     “That will pass soon enough; and then we will have you back home where you can join in the fun and games.” Mandy said as she felt the need to give Danielle a hug.

    Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber all stopped for an hour, then they left to go home and get some dinner. Danielle got hugs off them all before they left, and she was told it wouldn’t be long before Lianna and the other kids would be turning up to see her. This put a smile on Danielle’s face, and she sat talking to Carl and Mandy while they waited for the invasion to begin.

    Danielle didn’t have to wait long before she heard the stampede of feet on the floor outside her room as a group of kids tried to all get to Danielle’s room at the same time. Danielle knew it was her brothers and sisters because she could hear Uncle Brad and Aunty Ann shouting for them all to stop running and remember that people were sick and trying to rest.

    Lianna must have won the race, taking no notice of what her aunt and uncle had been shouting. Lianna stopped in the doorway for a second with a grin on her face, just before she was pushed into the room by the wave of others that didn’t stop when Lianna did.

     “Hi Danielle.” Lianna got out as she ran to the bed trying to stop herself falling over and getting trampled by her other family members. “How you feeling?” Lianna asked as she managed to stop herself falling across Danielle’s lap by placing her hands on the bed to steady herself. Lianna still leaned in and gave Danielle a kiss though.

     “I’m feeling much better now you’re here.” Danielle smiled as she licked her lips to savour the flavour of Lianna on them.

     “I hope you’re referring to seeing all of us?” Lauren asked with a grin from just behind Lianna, breaking the moment the two of them was having. Lauren already knew what Danielle had meant, but didn’t want to let them get to engrossed in each other, due to them all having gifts to give her.

    Lianna gave Danielle another quick kiss and then stepped to one side while the others handed Danielle the gifts they’d bought for her.

    Danielle’s bed was soon covered in stuffed animals, boxes of chocolates and bags of sweets. Danielle had never seen so many things that were hers, and she had tears in her eyes as she thanked them all. They all smiled and said she was welcome. The only one that didn’t look happy to see Danielle was Richard.

     “Thanks Rich.” Danielle smiled as he handed her a large bag of gummy bears that Nicole had thought to grab for her brother to give Danielle.

     “Sure, whatever.” Richard shrugged as he stepped away without bothering to give Danielle a hug, or show any sign of affection at all. He went over and slumped down on the sofa as he pulled a handheld games system out his pocket and started playing on it like he was the only one in the room.

    Daniele looked hurt for a second or two, and wondered if Richard hated her for some reason. Richard had been a little moody towards her from the beginning, but as she watched the way he was with the others, Danielle soon realised that Richard was like that with everyone, but this new mood seemed to be aimed at her directly, and she wondered what she might have done to upset him. She was soon being distracted by Craig placing the largest bunch of grapes in Danielle’s lap that she’d ever seen, but she did have to move them when she took in a sharp gasp of pain.

     “Sorry sis, I wasn’t thinking.” Craig said as he suddenly remembered where Danielle had just had surgery done. He picked them back up again before Danielle had time to move them, so she grabbed her painkiller button and pushed that instead. “I’m really sorry.” Craig kept repeating as he watched his new sister go from gripping the bed covers to looking relaxed again, and finally she looked over at Craig and smiled.

     “Thanks for the grapes baby brother, and don’t worry about that.” Danielle said as she pointed at her lap where he’d placed the bag of grapes. “I hear that it’s the main job of a baby brother, to inflict pain on their big sisters.” Danielle giggled.

     “I don’t want to be one of those baby brothers though.” Craig pouted, and Danielle could see Diamond poking out a little. “I’m sorry.” Craig added as he threw his arms around Danielle and hugged her.

     “I know you are, and I forgive you.” Danielle sighed as she hugged Craig back. “Do you want to help me eat these grapes then?” She asked him when they broke the hug.

     “Yes please!” Craig said as he pulled out a hand full and handed a couple to Danielle before popping a couple in his mouth.

     “Did you really buy these for me, or just so you could eat them?” Danielle asked with a frown as she saw how much her brother loved grapes.

     “I bought them for you, but I do love them myself.” Craig grinned as he put a couple more in his mouth and then fed Danielle another one.

     “This is the first time I’ve been able to fully enjoy them. I normally only ever have grapes when I was in a supermarket stealing them.” Danielle said to Craig with a giggle, just before she remembered she was in a room full of people that all heard what she just said. Danielle looked around the room worriedly expecting to see disappointed looks on her family’s faces, but they all looked sad for what she’d had to do while trying to survive.

     “We won’t judge you on past deeds sweetie.” Mandy said.

     “Don’t worry; we paid for these.” Craig grinned as he popped another grape in Danielle’s mouth.

    Craig soon got bored with feeding his sister grapes and wandered over to see what game Richard was playing, so Lianna sat on the bed next to Danielle and they held hands.

     “Simon and Ian send their best, and hope you get well soon.” Lianna said looking nervous as to how Danielle was going to take the news that they knew she was in hospital.

     “They know about me being in hospital? How much did you tell them?” Danielle asked with fear in her voice.

     “I told them everything, but it was only after I slipped up and got my lines crossed.” Lianna said as she hung her head in shame. “Simon had asked me how you were doing, and I thought he already knew about you being in hospital, but he’d heard about you banging your head on Thursday night. I had to explain everything to them after that.” Lianna added with a sigh.

     “And how did they take the news?” Danielle asked as she gave Lianna’s hand a squeeze to make Lianna look up at her.

     “They were worried about you, just like a friend would be.” Lianna said as she looked deep into Danielle’s eyes and just wanted to get lost in them.

     “They’re your friends, not mine Lianna.” Danielle pointed out.

     “They’re your friends as well now.” Lianna grinned.

     “I wish everyone wanted to be my friend.” Danielle said as she looked over at Richard sat on the sofa playing his video game.

    Nicole had noticed the way her brother had pretty much blanked Danielle since he arrived, and how Danielle kept looking over at the sofa where he was sat playing a game ignoring everyone in the room.

     “It’s nothing you’ve done Danielle.” Nicole said as she sat on the other side of the bed to what Lianna was sat. “Uncle Brad told us not to do something while out getting your gifts, but my dear sweet brother had to go pushing his luck, and got embarrassed when Uncle Brad carried him through the shop.

     “What did he do?” Danielle asked in a whisper.

     “We were told to stay together, but Rich wandered off to look at the video games.” Nicole said with a roll of her eyes, as if to say her brother was an idiot for upsetting Uncle Brad.

     “Uncle Brad wouldn’t put him down again until we paid for all the items and got back to the minibus.” Lianna added.

     “Mum and dad weren’t happy when they got home, so they forced Richard to come with us tonight, or he would be banned from playing any video games for a month.” Nicola explained the reason for Richard being there now, and why he was in such a foul mood. “I don’t know what’s wrong with him lately, but I know mum and dad are getting sick of it.” Nicole added as her shoulders slumped. She loved her brother, and most the time he was great fun and always happy, but the past month he’d been moody and snappy with everyone.

    The time seemed to fly by and it was soon time for them all to leave. Danielle got hugs from them all; even Richard stepped over and gave Danielle a hug before leaving the room. Lianna was the last of the kids to leave the room, after she gave Danielle a long loving kiss.

     “I’ll come and see you again tomorrow evening.” Lianna smiled, but she was sad about leaving Danielle. “Do you want me to bring you anything?” She asked.

     “Just yourself.” Danielle smiled back. “I think they pretty much covered everything else.” Danielle added with a giggle as she looked at all the cuddly toys and sweets she now had to choose from.

     “You’re cheap to buy for.” Lianna giggled as she stole one last kiss before she was pulled from the room by Lauren, who had ran back in to stop Brad coming in for her sister. “See you tomorrow!” Lianna shouted just before she vanished from sight.

     “Your father and I will be working tomorrow, but Mable, Jane and some of the others have said they will come and keep you company and we will come and see you straight from work.” Mandy said in a reassuring way, so Danielle wouldn’t think they didn’t care about her. “And I’ll be calling you in the morning to make sure you slept alright.” Mandy added as she pointed at Danielle’s cell phone.

    Mandy had a tearful goodbye with Danielle, which set Danielle off because she’d never had anyone show so much love and worry for her before now, and the room full of people she’d had was like the dream’s she’d had of how a birthday party should be, not that she’d ever had one, or been invited to one.

    Carl was finally able to drag Mandy away, and Danielle settled down for the night after another nurse called Karen helped her to brush her teeth and then gave her another painkiller to help Danielle get some sleep.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
166 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Richard

There is more to Richard than is being revealed. Is he a crossdresser and ashamed to admit to this wonderful TG family? Or is he a borderline TS, and having internal problems dealing with it, and hasn't asked for family help? Or is it something else entirely?

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 25

Richard could be subjected to some sort of bullying at school by the siblings of those who have been badmouthing Lianna and Danielle

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Still such a cool story!

I think Craig is a very cool little brother (I wish I could have traded mine for him) who loves his big sister a lot. Danielle is so lucky to be in a mostly happy family. it's great that she and Lianna are so connected.

I worry about Richard. There is something else going on. Maybe he needs a little more individualized attention from Mom and Dad?

Wren