Hello David 1

Printer-friendly version
David, awkward around boys and unable to fit into their rough
and tumble activities, had felt much more at home with girls and their
generally gentler pursuits. By the time he was seven he’d developed a deep
longing to be one of them and detested the body he’d been born with.

Connie decided to take matters into her own hands and
become the girl that she knew she was supposed to be!

Hello David
Chapter 1

by Sydney Moya

Copyright © 2012 Sydney Moya
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com. The model(s) in this image is in / and are no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model(s) use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character(s) of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.

Legalities: This work is the property of the author, and the author retains full copyright, in relation to printed material, whether on paper or electronically. Permission is granted for it to be copied and read by individuals, and for no other purpose. Any commercial use by anyone other than the author is strictly prohibited, and may only be posted to free sites with the express permission of the author. ~Sydney Moya.


 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
 
Chapter One
 
“Hello David, it’s your mother, that is if you haven’t forgotten you have a mother,” said the caller in that maternal tone that had Connie feeling so guilty lately.

“Hi Mom and no I haven’t forgotten you either,” she responded, remembering to lower her voice so it would sound a bit more masculine and hating herself for being such a coward.

Anybody watching her would have found the voice jarring, as it didn't fit the speaker.

It had been six months since her trip to Thailand for the surgery which had signalled the end of her physical transition to womanhood. Legally she was Constance David Richards, a 23 year old network analyst with encouraging prospects. She lived in a very nice two bedroom apartment had a vibrant social life and loved her gorgeous boyfriend Jason to bits.

He thought she was the most beautiful girl he’d ever met and was utterly besotted and though Connie didn’t know it he was seriously thinking of popping the question. At 5ft 6, with a full strawberry blonde mane that swept past her shoulders, a cute button nose and striking green eyes that flashed with vitality and a well-shaped body Connie was certainly attractive and the envy of many women.

With a life like this she should have been walking on air and truth be told she was that is until she remembered her family or when they called to check up on her like at that moment. You see Connie had been born male, the second child of Helen McIntyre a realtor and Jack Richards an air force colonel. She’d had two siblings Julian, six years her senior and her childhood hero. He’d passed away six years back just after Connie had finished high school. His death had devastated her because she’d loved him dearly and he’d been the only one she’d confided in about her gender dysphoria. Virginia or Gina as everybody called her was the baby of the family and two years Connie’s junior and the apple of her father’s eye.

As a child Connie had felt awkward around boys, unable to fit into their rough and tumble activities and had felt much more at home with girls and their generally gentler pursuits. By the time she was seven she’d developed a deep longing to be one of them and detested the body she’d been born with, wishing that through some magic she’d go to sleep and wake the following morning as the girl she was supposed to be.

Being sandwiched between two near perfect siblings didn’t help matters, Julian was the son of every father’s dreams, indecently great at sports, popular, good looking while Gina was the little princess she longed to become. So unable to deal with her dysphoria which made fitting in so hard, she took solace by becoming a bookworm. At least in the world of letters she could be herself, free from the stereotypes the real world wanted her to conform to.

Going into her teens she’d been really lucky to experience a light and relatively late puberty unlike her brother who’d turned into a man overnight. Connie had remained short and thin and her one gripe were her hated genitals and the regular erections she so detested. By age sixteen she’d known she HAD to be female and started buying hormones after discovering the whole sex-change process at eleven. The hormones had quickly ended whatever chances her body had of becoming like Julian’s. Breasts started budding, hips widened and her skin softened. After a while the annoying hard-ons ceased much to her relief. Her joy at her feminine body was tempered by the fact that she had to continue living as a boy and to hide the changes by wearing dark and baggy outfits.

Socially she had no life whatsoever as she had nothing in common with the boys and girls didn’t care much for short underdeveloped boys like him thus condemning him to life as a recluse which hurt her deeply. She never went to things like homecoming and spent her Prom night crying in her room.

Luckily the agony of high school ended and she earned grades good enough to qualify for a few bursaries and she went off to college to study computer engineering much to her father’s dismay as he’d always hoped one of his kids would follow him into the military. Once in college she’d confided in her brother about how she felt and to her relief he was quite sympathetic, telling he’d always thought there was something up with her. He’d promised to help in breaking the news to the rest of the family but unfortunately he’d died in a car smash six weeks later while Connie was still working up to the nerve to tell her parents she wanted to transition.

Unable to add to her parents’ grief by taking away another son from them she continued to hide her true nature throughout her college life, her only concession to femininity being her long hair and the hormones she continued taking. This went on for two years until the strain of hiding who she was threatened to overwhelm her.

Suicide seemed like a plausible solution and she seriously considered it for a while but once again the thought of her mom, dad and sister burying another family member caused her to think twice and to seek help.

The counselling services at her varsity were her first recourse. Connie was very frank with the counsellor she talked to telling him how she felt she needed to be a woman and the despair being a man brought her.

That was how she began living as Connie. Her counsellor referred her to a psychologist who dealt with gender identity and it didn’t take long for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria to be made. Her psychologist encouraged her to transition and Connie took her advice and began living as a girl full time.

However she didn’t have the guts to change her name let alone inform her family about her transition. Because her college was 200 miles away from her home town she didn’t get visits from her family and there were no other students her parents knew about who could have told on her. She avoided going home over the summer under the pretext of working and gaining experience in her chosen field.

She only went home at Christmas and stayed for New Years before leaving two days into the New Year. To hide her figure she wore a breast binder during her entire visit. Her mother told her to eat more while her dad said she should get into weightlifting. Both of them nagged her about the long hair she sported. Besides teasing her about looking so girly, Gina hardly noticed her presence. Connie still felt like a fifth wheel in this family and reverted to her pre transition high school personality. Since this was par for the course with her any way and everybody still grieved for Julian this went unnoticed.

During that year she completed her education, graduating with high honours in Computer Science. Somehow no one revealed her secret to her parents and sister at graduation. To look more convincing as Mr David Richards she shortened her hair some ways but not too much, wore a suit and acted more like a guy than she normally did so her parents wouldn’t notice anything amiss. However, as soon as they headed home, Connie had re-emerged for the real graduation pictures with her classmates and the celebratory parties that marked the end of college.

That was two years ago and the last time Connie had seen her family. With her education complete she had found a job and went on ahead with her transition, changing her name and records. She’d scrimped and scrounged and took out a loan to finance the surgery she so desperately required before flying out to Thailand to get it because it was substantially cheaper than getting it done Stateside.

Connie absolutely loved the results, she would linger in the bath feeling complete never tiring of looking at her redesigned body. The doctor had told her she looked as normal as any genetic woman and thanks to a new technique would even be capable of self-lubrication when aroused. Even the need to dilate regularly didn’t faze her, it was so worth it.

Like a lot of transgendered ladies Connie’s life had literally begun after the GCS, she’d been learning to socialise as a girl from the time she was in college but always rebuffed male advances because she didn’t feel confident enough to handle a relationship while still pre-op. All that changed after the surgery, suddenly a lot of the tension she had felt disappeared, there was no chance anybody would say she was a man and she could prove it if necessary.

She’d met Jason, her boyfriend a month or so after the medical holiday on a night out with some workmates. He’d asked to dance with her and for the first time ever she’d agreed to dance with a guy. Somehow she opened up to him and they’d clicked instantly and started seeing each other on a regular basis.

Connie lost her virginity to him a couple of months after that. Having Jason make love to her was the most incredible thing that had ever happened to her. It validated her identity as a woman and was simply mind-blowing and she realised that she had fallen in love with him.

Unfortunately or fortunately Jason felt the same and had taken Connie to meet the parents and of course she would have to reciprocate which was going to be difficult seeing as her family didn’t even know she was now legally a woman. She hadn’t told Jason her life story either and had no idea how to break the news to either of them. Lying constantly was starting to take a toll on her and a part of her missed her family and speaking to them over the phone didn’t help assuage the longing she had for them to accept her as she was now.

“So why don’t you visit honey, my own son is now a stranger to me,” responded Helen.

'If only you knew how much,' thought Connie sadly.

“Don’t be a stranger honey, you’re always welcome here,” continued Helen.

“I know mom but I’m really busy at work,” replied Connie knowing that was a lame excuse even as she made it.

“David what kind of job is it that keeps you so busy? It must be doing wonders for your social life if you’re so busy. How are you going to meet a nice girl if you’re always working?” Helen pontificated, “I hope it’s nothing illegal dear?” she added worriedly.

This is so weird on so many levels thought Connie.

“No Mom it’s a perfectly legal,” Connie answered. And I’m the nice girl she nearly added.

“Good I hope they're paying you decently for slaving away for them,” remarked Helen in that matter- of- fact tone parents sometimes reserve for errant children.

“It’s enough to get by and I like my job,” said Connie.

“Well that’s nice but you should remember your job won’t look after you or be there for you when you’re sick,” Helen lectured, “that is what family’s are for.”

You could have fooled me, if wasn’t for this job I’d still be a miserable person thought Connie with a bit of bitterness. So much for family being there when they couldn’t even see how upset I was.

“I know Mom,” said Connie before changing the subject, “so how are Gina and Dad?” she asked.

“They’re both fine dear,” answered Helen.
 
 
Two weeks later
 
Connie was in her apartment puttering around on a nice Saturday morning when her phone rang.

“Hello,” she said.

“Oh hi,” said her sister’s cheery voice, “may I please speak to David?”

Oops cringed Connie realising she’d answered in her Connie voice.

“Um just hold,” said Connie carefully.

“Hi David speaking,” she said after re-modulating her voice some.

“Oh hey David it’s Gina, who’s the girl answering your phone? I thought you were single. Any way I’ll be in your neighbourhood in a few hours and I need a place to sleep. So give me directions to your place,” Gina all at once
 
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
To Be Continued...
 

If you liked or dislike my story, please leave me a comment or PM and let me know. I cherish all constructive criticism and will use it as such in order to improve my writing for you. ~Sydney Moya

 

up
252 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story is..

One of my numerous poor attempts to pass the time, do tell me what you think of it and if I should carry on.

Sydney M

Poor?

Andrea Lena's picture

...I really like this, and I'm looking forward to how things continue. Thank you.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I agree with Drea

This shows a lot of promise. Please continue!

DogSig.png

Yes, please!

Do continue. ^__^

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Definitely continue, Sydney. This is very well written and you

ended the first chapter at just the right moment. I wonder what Gina is going to think of Connie?

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Connie/David has a problem

I love the way this story is going especialy after this paragraph

“Oh hey David it’s Gina, who’s the girl answering your phone. I thought you were single. Any way I’ll be in your neighbourhood in a few hours and I need a place to sleep. So give directions to your place,” Gina all at once

To be continued
and yes continue

Randi

Randi

Hello David

How does Gina feel about Constance David Richards? We know that Constance David feels that his/her parents would not accept him/her being a girl, but we have not heard from them. And does Jason know about Constance David Richards past?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hello David

Great start, Looking foreward to more!!

Richard

UH OH!

How will she explain this one I wonder? I found it easier to deal with my mother by letting her know the truth! Luckily she accepted me better as Vivien than the moody lonely dummy I was before.

Hugs

Vivien

Lies and deceit get us no where in the long run!

Nice

Good idea, and nicely executed... so far. (hint hint)

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Please continue!! I'm really

Please continue!! I'm really looking forward to their reactions!

Well..

I didnt expect such a chorus of people liking this so i will bow to the pressure and carry on. expect a posting of this along with the second part of new direction and Nicole 15 anytime next week!
Thank you for all the messages!
Sydney M

ooh David's in trouble if only he can be found.

It's a great story I can't wait to hear what happens next, oh wait chapter twos already up {evil giggle}

I am always amazed at the power of words when they come flowing out of the heart; even in small numbers.