Adam and the Three Wishes - Part 6/6

Printer-friendly version
Adam and the Three Wishes, Part 6

By Portia Bennett

Introduction: Obviously, Adam has come to a decision. Did he use his three wishes, and if he did, what were they? The magic community pretty much had things laid out for Adam, and Adam took offence to it. That might influence his decisions.

This is another story in the Cynthia Chronicles series. Other stories in the series are An Incremental Journey, Cynthia and the Reluctant Girlfriend, Cynthia and the Dumpster Diver, Cynthia and the Moment of Truth, Cynthia and the High School Years - Part I, Cynthia and the High School Years - Part II, Charli and the Girl Cave, Bobbie and the Glass Ceiling; and Randi and the College Professor,. The time frame of this story takes place about three to four years after Charli and the Girl Cave. If you haven't read the stories before, it might be a good idea to go back and start at the beginning.


 

Once again Holly H. Hart has willingly provided her invaluable help in proofing and straightening out my poor English. Thank you so much, Holly. Additionally, I want to thank Holly and Wren for suggesting that I expand the ending a bit. Their suggestions helped make it a better story.

This work is copyrighted by the author and any publication or distribution without the written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of the characters to persons living or dead is coincidental.


 

Adam and the Three Wishes

Part 6

Chapter ll

It had been one of the most restful sleeps he could remember. The dreams were beautiful, and peaceful. In one he was trying on some new outfits. They were like the ones that had been in the closet in Hartford, the ones that had disappeared. Then they were making love. He was paying homage to her breasts that were joyously tingling and sending wonderful signals to her groin. He started kissing her at the juncture of her thighs before finding her very hard and sensitive clit. She came in waves like riding rapids in the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. It was a wonderful ride. Then he entered her, and they began a slow journey to another crashing orgasm. She stirred slightly before rolling onto her left side, her right hand cupping her right breast. She didn't move for the next two hours.

"Time to get up sleepy head, we have a lot of work to do."

"Leave me alone. I wanna sleep."

"Theresa Grunewald, you have exactly five seconds or I'm going to pour ice water on you while Phantom attacks your toes."

"Okay, okay, I'm getting up." She flipped the blankets back, and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. That was when she realized she was wearing a nightgown. She looked down and saw what had to be two beautiful breasts tenting the gown. "Oh - My - God!" She looked up to see a smiling Cindy Brewer standing in the doorway.

"Are you okay?"

"I think I'm fine. I don't know." She choked a bit, and stopped to breathe before talking again. "Wow! I guess it happened, didn't it. How did you get in here?"

"Phantom let me in. I figured since Phantom did it, it was okay. You weren't answering the doorbell. I could have let myself in, but I wasn't invited."

"You said Theresa. That was the name I would have picked. How did you know?"

"His Wisdom knows these things. All the records have been changed. He changed everything last night. Check your purse if you want. He never misses anything. May I call you Terri? It's a pretty name. I never knew a Terri before.

"Yes, I would like that very much."

"Before all this happened, you were pretty much an open book. Now, you're mostly immune to those intrusions. That's one of the benefits we have."

Theresa looked down again. They were still there. She pulled the top of her night gown away from her neck. Yes, they were beautiful. She could see all the way down to her pubic mound. Her hair was about the same color it was before. She also realized she was considerably slimmer and probably shorter than before.

"You'll have plenty of opportunity to check things out. It's all yours. It took me the better part of a year to get used to it, and I was nine at the time. I will never get over the joy I feel, and I suspect you won't either.

"Okay, here's your robe. You need to take care of things in the bathroom pretty much like you did before. Of course you won't need to shave, your face, that is. We'll start on the other stuff after breakfast. We have less than thirty days to teach you the ropes. Here're a couple of things you need to know about this. There are no built in memories. He can't do that with us, and if he could, he probably wouldn't. Get going. I'll start breakfast."

Terri flipped the light on in the bathroom and stared at the image reflected back. She was quite pretty, even with the disheveled hair and bushy eyebrows. Her eyes were dark brown. Her face was a bit rounder and her nose was definitely smaller. There was a bit of an exotic look about her, and there was something familiar about it. 'This is so good.' She reached down and hefted her breasts through her nightgown. Feeling their weight was a wonderful sensation. They easily filled her small hands, and then some. One thing hadn't changed. She needed to pee. Without a doubt, there would be something different about that.

Some of the things she did just made sense. She lifted her nightgown and sat down. It was quite natural. After finishing a minor cleanup, she noticed a pair of panties hanging where she used to leave her briefs. She slipped them on and checked herself out in the full length mirror on the back of the door that hadn't been there the night before. The panties were low cut and helped emphasize her femininity; however, she realized she was definitely going to have to do some trimming and sculpting down there. Her breasts seemed a bit large, but that was probably due to the newness of the situation. She checked the bra hanging on the hook next to where the panties had been - 34C.

Cindy was scrambling some eggs. She had microwaved two strips of bacon and brewed a cup of coffee. "Sit down and eat. We have a big day ahead of us and you need your energy."

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I ate a couple of hours ago. I ran five miles with Don before breakfast. There're a couple of good jogging routes around here. You might want to start. The temperature is getting a bit brisk. After breakfast, I came down here to check on you. The Wizard came by last night and we talked a bit. Everyone who is supposed to knows what happened. We are so happy for you."

"Came down, where do you live?"

"Don and I live on the third floor on the other side. You've never seen us because we didn't want you to. Myrna and Avery Mankowitz, our good friends, live down the hall from us. You'll love them. They're not magical, but there is plenty of magic about them. I think you figured out about this place. My father's company owns it, and Bobbie's father and Don's father are partners.

"How come I am so calm about this? Here I am finally the way I've wanted to be, and I feel like I should be crying, or dancing around the block, or something." The enormity of the situation was starting to sink in, and the tears did start to come. She wasn't sobbing, but the tears were definitely there. It was like the dreams she'd been having at a more and more frequent basis. Only this time it wasn't a dream.

"It's okay to cry if you want to. As far as not being emotionally blown away, The Wizard did that for you. It will gradually wear off. We can't have you walking down the street checking out your reflection in every window and tripping over all the pedestrians. I couldn't keep away from the mirrors for the first few months.

"You need to be as normal as possible as far as your outward behavior is concerned, and the little spell knocks a bit of the edge off of things. There's a box of tea in your cabinet, and a cup of it in the morning will help a lot. It's neat stuff, a bit like a buffered medicine, only it's buffered magic. It does only what's needed for the moment. I had it the first time after I was kidnapped. It helps reduce the affects of the trauma, and believe me you are going through a bit of trauma at the moment.

"It's easy when the transformation happens to the non-magic because The Wizard can insert all sorts of false memories if he chooses. I have seen a number of transformations where he didn't because he felt there was a harsh lesson to be learned. You'll meet Ginny and Sonya one of these days. Ginny's one of Randi's best friends. She started over as a five year old. Sonya runs a ballet school in Bridgeport. She was a pre-op transgendered dancer before The Wizard allowed her to be a little sister to her previously little brother. But that's a whole different story.

Cindy handed a piece of paper to Terri. "What's this?"

"That's a neat little spell. It turns off your ovulation. I've already done it for you. It's twofold in purpose. One is that you can't get pregnant either deliberately or accidentally. The second is that you're not ready for periods. When you think you are, then you may turn your system back on. That's the second line. It's a very handy spell.

"This is your Magic Primer," Cindy said pulling a large book out of a cloth bag. "It's volume one of three. It belonged to my mother, but she doesn't need it any more. She's memorized it. It's programmed learning. That is, you can't advance until you are ready, and it's very good about teaching the basics. I think you should start it tonight. Here are the other two volumes." She reached into the bag, and pulled out the two books.

Terri looked suspiciously at the bag. "How much stuff is in there?"

"Quite a bit. I had better warn you about a few things. Sweet, little blue eyed Randi is an exceptionally powerful witch. Not only that, she is a genius several times over. On a small scale, she can manipulate space and time. She did her thing with this bag, and gave it to me last Christmas. You and I could get in this bag, and there would be room for more. Randi has been warned not to teach you anything beyond whatever level you are currently at. She can tutor, even show you short cuts, but new magic is off limits. She and Charli are just about all we can handle at the moment.

"Speaking of Charli, Phantom, you've been awful quiet," Cindy said turning to the now full grown cat sitting on the counter.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to get used to what's happened. I know you told me it would probably would. I guess I'm a bit in awe at the moment."

"Phantom," Terri asked, "how long have you been able to talk?"

"Since about two weeks after you found me. Daddy and Grandma Maddy would give me lessons. They all visited me when you were out."

"And Willie is your Daddy, isn't he."

"Yes Ma'am."

"I thought so. And, what's with this 'ma'am' stuff? I'm still me. You didn't call me 'sir' did you?"

"No, you were Adam, but you couldn't hear me."

"Well, it's Terri from now on. I have a feeling that we will be together for a long time.

There was a faint scratching at the front door. "That would be 'Grandma' Maddy. Don't ever call her that to her face. She raised Petra and Selene after their mother was killed. They were only weeks old, and she was able to nurse them thanks to The Wizard's magic."

Phantom jumped to the floor and approached the door. The handle turned and the door swung open admitting the beautiful little cat.

"Do you think Randi can install a pet door between our pantries? This is a long ways to walk; besides we won't have to worry about doors," Maddy asserted as she approached.

"You'll have to ask her. I'm sure she would love to do it.

"This is what I mean about Randi. When she was six she installed a pet door in my closet and connected it to the other half in Bobbie's closet. The only thing was the doors were a block apart. Somehow, she figured a way to eliminate space between the door halves. We have tested them up to ten miles. We're not sure what range they have. She also developed a way to expand the doors to human size. They work just fine. The Wizard does it, but his portals are just temporary, although they can range across the globe. They're still researching that one. She put a basketball court in the men's room at the Greyhound station. She had some people thinking they were crazy before The Wizard stopped it. I couldn't stop laughing. A girls' volleyball team ended up in the men's room, and three guys ended up in the basketball court. She got into big trouble for that one.

"Maddy, why don't you work on Phantom's lessons? Terri and I have an appointment for her makeover in a little over two hours.

The next two weeks were intense to say the least. Regardless of what magic could do, and it became apparent to her very quickly that she was magic, she had to learn about things that she hadn't given that much thought about. Makeup was just one. She could magically apply makeup, but until she learned how to do it manually, the magic couldn't help her do it properly. There was a very pleasant surprise when they discovered that first morning that the entire wardrobe she had discovered in the closet in Hartford was now residing in her closet.

"We wanted to see how you would react to them. You did very well, and when you decided to show them to Jim, that meant quite a bit. We were pretty certain you were sure of the direction you would take. It just made everything easier for us."

There was the mystery of the bra. Except it wasn't a mystery at all. Terri had read numerous times about how complicated it was for a new transformee to put on a bra. Cindy had offered to show her. "Let me try," Terri responded. She made sure nothing was twisted, placed her arms through the space made by the shoulder straps, then making sure again nothing was twisted, grasped the hook strap in her right hand at the first hook. Similarly, she grabbed the other strap at the first eyelet. Then she reached behind, and it was easy to insert the hook in the eye. The rest of the hooks and eyes followed easily.

"How did you figure that out so quickly? As far as I know, you never 'dressed'.

"Not enough to matter, I always thought that too many TG authors made a too big a thing over putting on a bra. All this putting it on backwards and twisting it around, and then struggling to get your arms through the shoulder straps didn't make sense. There had to be an easier way.

"I guess there's still some adjusting to do," she said as she arranged her breasts into the cups, "and the shoulder straps aren't quite right."

"Here, let me help you adjust those. It might take a while to find your comfort zone. It did for me. When these girls started coming in," indicating her breasts, "I was getting new bras about every two or three months. It drove Mom crazy. It was a great time for me after I got over having my first period. I didn't have the option putting it off like you are going to. I'm sorry your puberty lasted only twenty seconds or so. There just wasn't any way to let you grow up more slowly."

"You said makeover. What exactly are you talking about?"

"Pretty much the whole nine yards: The Wizard doesn't really understand fashion. We've got to get the makeup right. I'll help you with it once we see what's right. Your eyebrows are atrocious. They'll fix those. Your nails, due to your job, should be kept attractively short. Your hair is a mess, but has great potential. Of course we'll get your ears done. Once the experts tell us what's right, I'll help you keep it that way."

"What am I going to wear? There're so many choices."

"Just something casual: you may not be ready for those low riders, but those designer Levis are quite nice, especially in this cold weather."

"God, all those shoes: I have to figure out how to wear all of those?"

"We'll work on it. High heels are tough. But just because you can wear high heels doesn't make you a woman.

"We'd thought about giving you a week at ten to twelve years old, a week at fifteen, another at eighteen, and the last week at 24; however, there's just not enough time to do it correctly. So, were going to have to go the immersion route."

Immersion it was. Bev would show up every two or three days to work on the magic lessons. If she had been a tough task master in loss control, it was nothing compared to what she was being put through now. "You don't ever want to get involved with magic QC."

"Bev," she would always be Bev, "when I first came to 'Old Muddy', several made allusions that you were a lesbian. I always thought you were wonderful, a bit tough, but wonderful. Your preferences didn't bother me. Obviously, I had my own issues. I know you've had children, or I wouldn't be here."

"We had a wonderful marriage, your great-great grandfather and I. He might still be alive today, but he was struck by lightning while trying to get the wheat in. I was alone for a long time, and by choice, I changed my identity. I went to college, got a degree, and went to work in the insurance industry. You will meet Debbie one of these days, soon. We've been together for more than eighty years, now.

Marissa, Cindy and Bobbie helped her with female refinements. Charli and Randi would show up unannounced on the weekend, and they would talk about being younger girls. They also talked about their past lives. Terri was horrified. Randi installed the pet doors.

Terri's confidence grew by leaps and bounds over the next two weeks; however, terror was awaiting her just around the corner. It was Thanksgiving, and she was going to Kansas City. The Wizard said it was just a pre-Christmas gift, but Terri knew it was more than that. It was going to be a test of the whole system as far as Terri's beliefs were concerned. It was going to be a great holiday or a great disaster.

"Terri, everything is going to be just fine. The Wizard has never been wrong yet," Cindy said. She let Terri out at the terminal and headed back to prepare for her own trip to Bridgeport.

Flying business class was a wonderful experience, and it gave Terri some freedom that she wouldn't have enjoyed had she been flying in the back with the goats and chickens. It was morning, but they still offered her a glass of champagne as the other passengers boarded. She remembered the calming spell that Cindy had taught her. It was more a breathing exercise, but it helped.

Cindy had insisted that she email a picture to her mother. She had Don take it with her camera. He was a pretty good photographer. He made her look a lot better than she thought she looked. She would find out later that all her earlier photos had been 'corrected'.

Too soon, or was it not soon enough, they were landing at KC. She had just a carry-on, so she didn't have to worry about waiting for baggage claim. She had called her parents from her cell phone as soon as the plane had touched down. They were close to the airport. Her dad was driving, and her mother saw her and waved. Terri waved back. Her stomach started doing flip-flops. Then her mother was hugging her and crying at the same time. "You are so pretty. I know you are happy. I can tell.

"Carl, close your mouth, and put your daughter's bag in the trunk."

"My God, she looks just like your great aunt, Simoné."

"She does, doesn't she. Come on, we'll have plenty of time to talk in the car."

"Give me a hug, Daddy. I won't break. I think that officer wants us to leave."

They wove their way out of the airport and back towards Kansas City.

"I don't suppose you're going to play golf anymore, now that you've done this," her father said as he looked at her in the rear view mirror.

"Daddy, why would I stop playing golf? Besides, my clubs changed along with everything else. I'll still beat you, and I'm going to get lessons from Bobbie Anderson. The last time I saw her at a golf course, I got a hole in one."

"Was that before or after?"

"That was before, but it still doesn't matter.

"Daddy, are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm not mad. I'm not even disappointed. It's just that all this magic stuff is difficult for me to believe. I wouldn't have, but Bev gave me a demonstration. The real funny thing is that I know it's you in there. There's no question in my mind."

"Daddy, it's always been me in there. It's just that I'm finally in the right 'there'.

Chapter l2

It was a great holiday, and it did a great deal to boost her self confidence. She was sorry that her brother and sister would never know about the change, but it was probably for the best. She had asked The Wizard to include her father in the circle of those who knew what had happened. Neither he nor her mother would ever be able to tell anyone about what had happened.

There was another crisis looming. Jim would be returning to Boston soon. Terri had told him by email that she had changed, but she didn't say to what degree. Jim's answers were a bit vague, but he maintained as long as his best friend was happy, that was the most important thing. Apparently the Silicon Valley thing was going quite well, but Jim was eager to get back home.

Terri told him that she had some work to do Saturday and wouldn't be able to pick him up at the Airport. Actually, it was grocery shopping. Terri was planning on a big dinner for the two of them, if he didn't run away screaming. She wasn't planning on seducing him. That would have to wait for a while. She wasn't sure that she was ready, although she dreamed about them almost every night. They were the most enjoyable dreams.

There was one thing that Terri wasn't sure about. How would she meet him? How would she let him see the new her. Fortunately, that was all taken care of. She had just retrieved her last bag of groceries from her car when the cab carrying him arrived. She was thankful that at least he didn't see her in the car because it would have given everything away. He had his roller bag and a carry-on, but he still insisted on holding the door for her.

'God, he looks good.'

They waited at the elevator; it seemed to be stuck at the third floor.

"Hi, I'm Jim Matthews. You must be new here. I've been away for a while."

"Hi, I'm Terri. I just got here a few weeks ago." How she kept from shaking she didn't know.

"Where're you from? You're certainly not from around here."

"Kansas City."

"My best friend's from Kansas City."

The elevator finally arrived. It was empty. As the door closed, Terri couldn't wait any longer. Any resolve she'd had about doing some sort of fancy reveal had evaporated.

"Jim, it's me."

"Excuse me?"

"It's me. It's just that I'm Theresa Grunewald now."

"You're kidding me. How ...? No, Cindy and Bobbie told me what to expect. You're really Adam? No, that's not right. I mean, you were ..."

"This is who I've always been. It's just that I feel a whole lot better about things, now. I was planning on us having dinner together tonight. Would that be okay?"

"Yes, Terri, I think I would like that very much. What time?"

"How about 7:00?"

"Good, that will give me a chance to get ready."

Everything was the way she wanted it when he rang the bell. The lights were dimmed, the candles lit, pleasant music playing, and the Prosecco was chilled. She was going to let him cook the steaks on the stovetop grill, but everything was set to go. She opened the door to find him standing there with a large bouquet of roses."

"They're beautiful."

"Had I known when you did this I would have had them there for you then, but Cindy and Bobbie told me to leave you alone for a while.

"Hi Phantom, how're you doing?"

"Great, Jim. We've missed you."

"Uh, did he just talk to me?"

"Well, you heard him. Welcome to the family.

"It means quite a bit, but it will all make sense to you as time goes by. Let's open that Prosecco."

Jim cooked the steaks to perfection and the salad and vegetables were perfect. Terri had prepared a Charlotte Russe for dessert. It wasn't perfect, but that didn't matter.

After dinner they moved to the main living area to finish their dessert and sip a little port. The music was Rachmaninoff Piano Concert No. 2. It was very romantic.

"Jim, how long have we known each other?"

"I guess about six years, Why?"

"Have we done things together: played golf, gone to movies, gone out to dinner, things like that?"

"Well, yes."

"I've been thinking about things for quite a while. I had thought we might take it slowly. You know, go out on a few dates, take some day trips, things like that. I certainly wouldn't go to bed with someone on our first date. But then I got to thinking about our conversation about that model, Simoné. It turns out that she's my great-great aunt, not bad looking for an old dame. Anyway, I went back to check my punch list, and it seems we've done everything that's on it. So, I think it's time to make love: like the sooner the better."

"Terri, you've had a month to get used to this little miracle; however, I've had only a few hours. I know what we said that time, and I still feel that way; however, comma, I need to get used to this whole thing. I've never gone to bed on my first date either, and as much as I want to make love to you, I want to do it right. There's one other thing, well actually a lot more than that, but you need to be really sure, too.

"I want you to understand something. You are still my best friend, and you happen to be occupying a very attractive package. Let there be no doubt about that. There is something that I will do on a first date if you will let me."

Terri wasn't sure what to say, and she could feel the tears forming. She looked at Jim with disappointment and a question written on her face.

"Would you like to go to a basketball game with me? I have two tickets to a Celtics game next week."

Terri nodded.

"Good, it's a date. Now, I want to kiss those beautiful lips of yours. I have a feeling that you've not done that before either."

The kissing thing was very easy, easier than Terri had thought it would be. She lifted Jim's hand to her breast, and he gently caressed her. She wanted him so much, but maybe he was right. Maybe it was too much, too soon.

The next weekend they went out to dinner with Cindy and Don, and Avery and Myrna Mankowitz. They went to the same restaurant Jim and Adam had gone to previously. Cindy allowed Terri to erect the screen of silence around their table. Terri was also able to create some ambient table noise so that all would seem normal to the observers.

"This is an excellent place, and we have a fond memory of it," Cindy explained. "This is where we found Charli. She was barely sixteen at the time, had been homeless for four years, and was working as a girly boy prostitute to survive on the streets. She lived in a maintenance access under a freeway bridge a few miles from here. She had raised Willie from a kitten. She also befriended Padrona, a junk yard dog to end all junk yard dogs. She's a Rottweiler-English Mastiff cross, and weighs more than Wolf does. She saved Charli's life several years before we found them. You'll meet her soon. She's doing special work for His Wisdom."

"You say she was sixteen? She's barely 11 if I have the numbers correct," Terri said.

"True, that all changed that night. Four hoods picked her up next door. Bobbie and I sensed she was there. The hoods drugged her, and then rather brutally attacked her in an alley down the street. We got there just in time. One of the guys sucker punched her. It ruptured her spleen and lacerated her liver. Fortunately, we were able to contact His Wisdom. He did the major repairs in the ambulance going to the hospital.

"The Wizard regressed her age to six, so she could get the right schooling and family life. Her being a girl was known to all of us, and he fixed that, too. He's known as Dr. Bettencourt around here."

"Esmeralda and Charli told me that her parents were murdered."

"Yes, they owned a grocery store. Two hoods robbed the place and killed her parents, and aunt and uncle."

After dinner, Don drove them to the area where Charli had grown up. Cindy led them to the bocce ball courts and memorial, and on to the maintenance shed. There were several sets of balls on the shelves. One set caught Terri's attention. She could feel something about it.

"They're in there aren't they? But there're three of them," Terri said.

"Yes, the other one was one of their cohorts who raped Charli. They will be there for a minimum of 500 years. Charli will have the ultimate say as to their disposition."

A few nights later Terri and Jim went to a ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev. Terri sobbed through the tragic ending that Prokofiev had originally wanted to make a happy one.

She invited Jim in for a glass of limoncello after the performance. She had been trying to think of some romantic music to play, but couldn't think of anything for the longest time. Finally she knew what she had to do. She had placed the CD in the player ready to go before they left. Now the remote was beside her.

They were lightly making out to start, but things were definitely heating up. If Jim had any previous hesitation, it wasn't evident now. Terri knew she wasn't hesitating. She reached over and pressed the remote. The quiet beat of the snare drum barely intruded at first. The twenty-four beat repeated rhythm was gradually complemented by the flute and other instruments.

The intent was obvious to Jim and he didn't say a thing. He just gently picked her up, carried her into the bedroom, and quietly shut the door.

Phantom went out the front door, and locked it behind him. He and Maddy were going to hunt rats.

******************************

A no-fault divorce was granted in Missouri about 60 days after the papers were filed. They basically split their assets. They didn't have that much. Jim moved in with Terri as soon as the divorce was granted, although they were already living together except for Jim's official address. He wanted nothing more to do with the other unit, and the owners put it up for sale.

Jim and Terri were married in a quiet wedding a few months after that. There were no attendants for the bride and groom. The Lewises, Schmedlaps, Andersons, Brewers and a few dozen others were there, as were many of Jim's friends and family. Many were so happy that Jim and Terri had finally tied the knot. They had expected them to get married many years before. The Wizard and Wolf were there, as were most of the cats. No one seemed to mind.

After their honeymoon, the young couple moved to Hartford. Jim was taking over the IT branch at his company's Hartford office. Construction was completed on the duplex conversion project, and the old duplex was now a nice five bedroom, three and one-half bath house. It still retained many of the furnishings. For some reason, it hadn't sold yet. The Lewis Finance Company carried the note at a very low interest rate. There was a lot of room for visitors, but Terri and Jim had other plans for the bedrooms over the years.

Terri was no longer doing loss control surveys for the third party administrator as a major insurance company had enticed her with an offer for a senior loss control consultant position at their home office in Hartford. The pay raise was substantial. The 401K deferred compensation plan included 50% matching by the employer, and the company had an excellent health care program including maternity leave. Terri wasn't showing yet, but she knew she would be soon.

It was Wednesday night, and she had the meeting of the local coven at the house. Randi and Charli were visiting, and they would be at the meeting.

It had been a great year, without a doubt.

*****************************

"Boss, did Terri actually have three wishes?" Wolf was gnawing on a large ham bone that Terri had sent him.

"Actually, that was just a ploy to get her to show up here. We'd been happy to give her quite a bit just to get her to do what she did," The Wizard replied.

"I remember that she was adamant about Jim's memory not being altered. What else did she ask for?"

"She wanted to be asleep if and when the transformation occurred. She wanted her father to know what happened, and she wanted April Dawn to be able to love and be loved. April's married, pregnant and very happy now. It took some work, and her magic's gone. She doesn't know she ever had it."

"Terri's happy, too, isn't she?"

"Ever after."

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonderful ending to a

Wonderful ending to a wonderful story. It's great that Terri even requested a happy ending for April Dawn. I was afraid that April might cause trouble later on.

Bigotry

littlerocksilver's picture

Hopefully part of her happiness will involve losing her hatred.

Portia

That she thought of others...

Andrea Lena's picture

...shows a real change of heart. Thank you for this little gem!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Adam and the Three Wishes - Part 6/6

Love how things worked out. But what about Wolf and that lady canine? Will they have children? Is there a story about April Dawn's romance and will her children be witches

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

"Ever after."

Awww. Nice. I'm glad she thought of April, that was a nice gesture.

DogSig.png

No Karma

A very good way of preventing your Karma from running over your dogma. Give a good life to your former lovers departed ball and chain. No pay back, no wrap around only freedom. In simpler terms "She let her go." {Said in a bad Terminator imitation.}
He he he he he snicker....

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

A Note of Thanks

terrynaut's picture

Thanks for tying up all the loose endings in a kind way.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Great story. It seems rather

Great story. It seems rather strange that they would disarm Terry like this, considering they apparently want to produce many little witches. Or did they just block the access to her magic?

Adam really took a long time to accept the "wishes", but I can understand him. I wouldn't trust the SRU wizard either. What he did to more or less innocent people in some stories would make me wish that they'd jumped off a bridge, because they'd been better off.
What did he do in your story universe that the rumors would spread this far? Apparently he's got a worse reputation than he really is.

I'm glad it turned out well for Adam.
Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

Nice story!

Nice ending. It may have been a conspiracy of epic proportion, but it worked out nicely in the end. I liked that Terri showed real compassion for April and thus eliminating a possible threat. Great story, thank you Portia! (Hugs) Taarpa

Adam

Just got around to reading this. Interesting take on the Wizard.

Thank you for commenting

littlerocksilver's picture

You might find the other stories in the series interesting. They start with The Cynthia Chronicles, Volume 1. This story (Adam and the Three Wishes) is what will be one of the earlier stories in Volume 2. Go to An Incremental Journey, Cynthia and the Reluctant Girlfriend, Cynthia and the Dumpster Diver, Cynthia and the Moment of Truth, Cynthia and the High School Years, Parts 1 & 2. Charli and the Girl Cave starts Volume 2. The story you just read fits in the early part of the second series. Two stories that take place some time in the future are Bobbie and the Glass Ceiling, and Randi and the college Professor. I intend to write several more stories in the series, but right now I am working on the eighth novel in The California Saga series. It won't be finished until some time next year.

I figured that most of the stories about The Wizard didn't really reflect who he was or what he was doing, so I tried to create a realistic world that explained how things really happened. The Wizard is only part of what's going on, and not until Bobbie and the Glass Ceiling do we find out what's really going on, or at least some of it. Cindy and Bobbie play significant roles throughout, as does Randi, Cindy's little sister. Actually, all of the characters are important to the over all 'plan'.

Again, thank you for commenting. I hope you will find time to read the other stories.

Portia

Portia

A Wonderful Story

WillowD's picture

And so ends another awesome Cynthia Chronicles story. Thank you for writing these.