Tears of the Princess -- Chapter 15 -- Conclusion

Printer-friendly version

Tears of the Princess

By Melodie Thomas

Edited by Holly Hart

Chapter 15

Tears of the Princess

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tears

I don't think I can speak highly enough of this story. Was 'Smith' lying again? I don't think anyone will ever know. Sure most of the loose ends were answered, but just like real life things do get messy. This still has tones of a darker, nastier Jason Bourne like programming people into becoming weapons with a similar ending. One is still out there.

As for Dan and his crew, they all well deserve their happy ending. However, but oh my did you make me cry with your closing line. The Tears of the Princess indeed!

Well done! So very well done!!!
hugs
Grover

Tears

Now McNeil and Lin can get married and start the hunt for "the one". There's always more when a sleeper is left out in the cold.

DJ

Truthfully.

I'm trying to figure out how to say this here. Great story, loose ends tied up (except for the one that is still loose and may never be tied up), was Smith being truthful? Well, no one will ever know now will they? Dan and Lin, Charlie and Maria, Sunan and Rachana, good things did come out of all that grief and pain, I think.

And Stephanie is at peace. That last paragraph had me pretty choked up.

Maggie

Not a writer my foot!

I really liked this story for your attention to technical detail, mixed cultural exposure, tasteful action, and putting the TG element in its proper place. For me, the first bra, first skirt element is just boring, boring, boring. And, you gave those who'd become women real lives, not just a painful series of traumatically being outed, like in real life. I wish there were a way I could give TG wanabees a wave off that they would take seriously.

You seemed to insinutate that key people in the US were not making use of the girls was a fantasy; that certain of our highly placed people are just dirty old men; perverts actually. I'd concur with that.

I don't believe in our government any more, and think that most of us vets are alive because we are not big enough to be a bother, and that we were good little soldiers when they used us. They are making a great cry over the Paterno thing but that is just the tip of the ice berg.

Congratulations on a fine story.

Gwendolyn

Thank you!

Great story. Good character development, story arc and level of suspense. BRAVO!!!!!

Wow

Great story, I really loved this series. Thank you for sharing it with us and look forward to your next endeavor.

Huggles,

Winnie
Winnie_small.jpg

Wonderful

Melodie,
Thank you so much for a truly great story and a superbly suspenseful, exciting and sweetly romantic read. I really hope that you have more in the pipeline.

Well plotted, good character drawing and smooth arc. Brava, girl, Brava

Joani

PS I suspect this ain't your first rodeo

KUDOS ON A GREAT GREAT STORY !!!!!

Thank you very much Melodie for this wonderfully written story, you kept me "hooked" with a well developed and structured story line and strong characters.
Again KUDOS and THANK YOU VERY MUCH
gothic.jpg

gothic.jpg

Congratulations!

To you both, for I'm sure it was a team effort. I hope you don't mind but I have a copy of both stories safely tucked away for my future personal enjoyment.

Of course, like all thrillers, it was hopelessly improbable but what a gripping read! Thanks a million. I know it's dreadfully ungrateful thing to say but ... is there another in the offing?

Robi

Yes, it was a team effort, but the story was all Melodie's

Mainly I proofed it and helped Melodie improve her grammar and use of the proper tense. And she improved tremendously over the course of the two stories.

I did critique a few plot elements, but not that many, and she did not use a number of my possible suggestions, because she already had plans for the way the story was going that differed from what i thought might be happening. She kept me in suspense as much as she did all of you, her readers. It was just that I got a 2-4 week jump on you, because she stayed a few chapters ahead of what was being posted.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Congratulations!

To you both, for I'm sure it was a team effort. I hope you don't mind but I have a copy of both stories safely tucked away for my future personal enjoyment.

Of course, like all thrillers, it was hopelessly improbable but what a gripping read! Thanks a million. I know it's dreadfully ungrateful thing to say but ... is there another in the offing?

Robi

Thank you!

I'd just like to say thank you for such a fantastic story.

What a spy novel Great Reading

I am currently reading this wonderful story and KUDOS it has all the makings of a international spy novel . I read the Princess of the Desert and followed the story hear loving the brilliance of your work.
Thank you many times over for the time it took you in creating,writing & posting this for our enjoyment.
Big Hugs Richie2

Wow.

What an emotional journey.

Thanks for the story, it was a wonderful read.