You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 29

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 29

Previously...

    Danielle opened the front door and saw a man stood there wearing a business suit, but it didn’t look smart and expensive like her fathers did. Danielle thought it looked like the man had been sleeping in it, judging by all the wrinkles, and the man hadn’t shaved in a couple of days, but Danielle had a feeling she’d seen him someplace before.

     “Hello Miss. I’m here to see a Daniel Mason.” The man said just as Holly got to the front door.

     “Who’s at the door Danielle?” Holly asked as she looked out and saw the scruffy looking man stood there.

     “You’re Daniel Mason?” Then man asked looking angry all of a sudden. “I’m with child services and you need to come with me.” The man snarled as he reached in and grabbed Danielle by the arm as he started pulling her from the house towards his car.

     “Take your hands off her right now!” Holly barked as she went to push him away from Danielle, but the man was taller and stronger than Holly, so he just pushed her away, sending her backwards where she fell over and banged her head on the door frame as she fell, making her see stars.

    The man never stopped dragging a screaming Danielle out to his car where he opened the back door and started to shove Danielle into the back seat.

     “Nana! Nana!” Danielle Screamed as she watched Holly trying to come to her senses and get back to her feet. Danielle now knew where she’d seen this man before. He’d been the one moving her from home to home, while taking no notice of anything the foster parents said to him, and now she was being taken away from the one place she’d finally found where she fit in.

And now the story continues...

    The man had thrown Danielle into the back of his car and closed the door before she could put up a fight. She tried to open the door, but he’d used the child locks to stop her getting back out, and he had some form of a dog guard meshing stopping her from getting into the front and out that way. She was in a panic until a sudden loud bang caught her attention as she saw the man’s head slam nose first into the window of the same door she’d just been shoved into the car by. He was quickly pulled away again as he went flying back across the gravel driveway and landed in a heap, leaving a trail of blood running down the window.

    The car door flew open and Danielle saw a very angry looking Brad looking at her. His look soon changed to one of concern for her as he pulled her from the car and held her in his arms hugging her as she sobbed and shook, too scared to speak.

     “Don’t worry Danielle, he won’t hurt you again.” Brad said, and Danielle believed him after what she’d just seen him do to the man.

     “You are in so much trouble now mister.” The man snarled as he staggered to his feet and started walking towards Brad. “Give him to me now, or else...” Was all he got to say before Brad grabbed him by the throat and started squeezing to shut him up.

    Brad had shifted Danielle to one side without putting her down, not that Danielle was about to let go of her Uncle Brad. The man was now dangling a couple of inches off the ground as he tried to make Brad release his throat before he choked to death.

     “You come to my home and hurt my mum, and try to take my niece away, and you say I’m in trouble!” Brad barked at the man as he got right in his face. Go and check on your nana Danielle, and also grab a phone and call your father and explain what happened to him.” Brad added in a much softer tone as he placed Danielle on the ground and watched as she ran over to check on her Nana Holly and then run into the house once she saw that her nana was fine and getting to her feet looking angry with the man Brad was still holding by the throat, but he had placed him back on the ground again now.


*****

    Carl was just in the middle of a meeting with some clients when his personal mobile started ringing. He’d got it on vibrate, so as not to seem rude if it did ring during the meeting, but he always answered this phone, just in case it was important.

     “Please excuse me for just one minute.” Carl said as he saw Danielle’s name and picture flashing up on his phone. “Hello Daniele, is everything alright?” Carl asked.

    All Carl could hear on the other end of the phone was sobbing to start with and then what did come out didn’t make much sense to begin with. “He... He’s come, take me away.” Danielle was sobbing down the phone.

     “Danielle? Danielle? Who’s come to take you away?” Carl asked with panic in his voice. “Where are you now?” Carl added as he looked at the rest of his team helping him sort out the deal to buy another hotel. “Is your Nana or another grown up with you?” He asked.

     “Nana got hurt, Uncle Brad has man.” Danielle stuttered out.

     “Put your Uncle Brad on the phone.” Carl said in a calm voice as he slipped on his jacket and got ready to leave.

     “Carl?” Brad’s voice asked on the other end of the phone. “Is this you?” Brad asked.

     “What’s going on Brad? Danielle isn’t making much sense at the minute. She just keeps going on about Holly being hurt and some man trying to take her away.” Carl explained what he knew so far.

    Carl looked at the people sat around the table and then said. “I’m sorry, but a family matter has come up, so I’ll have to leave the final details to my team, and I’ll speak to you again soon.” Carl was off out the door before any of them had time to get up and say anything in return.

    Vic followed Carl out and was ready to drive him home, while he spoke to Brad and found out what the trouble was.

     “Sorry about that Brad, what’s happened?” Carl asked again.

     “Some little prick in a suit turned up on the doorstep and tried to abduct Danielle.” Brad said with anger in his voice.

     “Do you know where he went or who he was?” Carl asked also sounding angry now.

     “What’s your name asshole?” Brad asked the man he was still holding by the throat with one hand while talking to Carl on the phone with the other.

     “You have him there with you still?” Carl asked, sounding a little shocked by it.

     “To right, the little bastard pushed Holly over and made her bang her head. I’ve got a good mind to give you a beating just for that.” Brad growled as he pulled the man closer. “I’m still waiting for a name asshole!” Brad shouted as he gave the man a good shake to stop him passing out.

     “Ken Douglas.” The man said in a choked voice.

     “Calls himself Ken Douglas, and looks like a creepy little shit.” Brad said to Carl down the phone.

     “Ken Douglas? Cheep suit, scruffy looking?” Carl asked.

     “Yep, that’s him.” Brad agreed.

     “That’s the child care worker that came to my office last week barking out orders.” Carl said. “I had his supervisor remove him from Danielle’s case at the same time I took legal custody of her.” Carl explained. “Vic and I are on our way back; don’t kill him before I get there.” Carl said with an evil chuckle as he thought about the man being held by Brad.

    Carl ended the call and then made a call to Jonathan Woods, the supervisor in charge of Danielle’s case, to find out what the hell was going on, and why he’d sent that nasty little man to collect Danielle. Carl wasn’t shocked to find out that Ken Douglas had been suspended pending an investigation into the poor handling of Danielle’s case, and Jonathan was shocked to hear he’d turned up at Carl’s home trying to take Danielle away with him.

     “Is Danielle alright? Do you know where Ken Douglas is right now?” Jonathan asked.

     “Yes Danielle is fine, but only because Danielle’s Uncle was at home. He was able to stop Ken from taking Danielle, and also stop him from leaving himself. He’s being held until the police arrive to arrest him.” Carl informed Jonathan.

     “Do we need to get the police involved?” Jonathan asked with worry edging his voice.

     “He’s assaulted two members of my family and also tried to abduct one of them, and you expect me to leave the police out of it?” Carl said losing his cool a little. “I’m going to hire the best lawyers I can, just to make sure he gets the maximum sentence possible.” Carl informed Jonathan.

     “I’ll meet you at your house so we can talk about it some more.” Jonathan said before the line went dead and Carl ended the call his end and dropped the phone in his pocket again.

     “Unbelievable.” Carl said as he banged his fist down on the dash of his car, which Vic just happened to be driving at the minute.

     “What’s wrong?” Vic asked.

     “That assholes supervisor just asked if I could keep the police out of it.” Carl growled at the thought. “You heard my response to that.” Carl added as he took a couple of deep breaths.

     “This Ken Douglas sounds a little unstable for being a child care worker, if you ask me.” Vic pointed out.

     “I didn’t like the guy from the first minute I saw him enter my office last week, and now I know why.” Carl frowned. “I have a feeling this Jonathan Woods is trying to cover something up, and I plan to find out what it is. He said that Ken had been suspended, pending a review of his conduct in Danielle’s case.” Carl added as he started thinking out loud more than actually talking to Vic.

     “Do you think this Ken Douglas knew more about Danielle than he was letting on, and planned to take her for his...” Vic couldn’t bring himself to finish the sentence.

     “I’m not sure, but don’t say anything like that while Brad still has him by the throat, of Brad will kill him.” Carl warned as they turned onto the street and then the driveway where they saw Brad stood with Ken Douglas by the throat, while Danielle was sat on the step’s to the house hugging Holly, or more to the point Holly was hugging Danielle as she sobbed her eyes out and looked scared to death as she was still shaking with fear.

    Carl jumped out the car and ran over to Holly and Danielle, while Vic went to sort out Ken, as he was a deep shade of red bordering on turning purple, due to Brad having a tight grip on his neck still.

     “I’ve got him now Brad, take a deep breath and step back my friend.” Vic said in a calm voice as he helped Brad release his grip.

    Brad released his grip like Vic asked, and then he stepped back and watched as Vic twisted Ken’s arm up behind his back in a very painful looking hold that had him on his toes trying to ease some of the pressure.

     “You’re breaking my arm!” Ken screamed out in pain.

     “You have no idea just how much self control it’s taking for me not to go ahead and break it, you little piece of shit.” Vic whispered in Ken’s ear just before he gave Ken’s arm another little twist, as if he was proving a point.

     “Don’t let them take me daddy, please don’t let them take me away again.” Danielle sobbed as she let Carl wrap his arms around her while Brad sat the other side of Holly and pulled her into a hug as she was sobbing now as well.

     “No one is taking you anywhere you don’t want to go sweetie.” Carl said in a calming voice as he rocked Danielle in his arms. “Thank you Brad, thank you for saving my little girl.” Carl added as he looked at Brad who held Holly in his arms as she shook and sobbed.

     “No thanks needed boss. She’s my family too remember.” Brad said with a growl as he looked at Vic and the man that started all the trouble.

     “What happened to his face?” Carl asked when he saw that Ken’s face was covered in blood, and it looked like his nose had been broken.

     “I slammed his head into the car window just before I threw him backwards into that flower bed.” Brad explained. “Sorry about the flowers.” He added when he saw the mess he’d made of the flower arrangement.

     “I’m sure Mandy and Chrissy will forgive you when they find out what you did to save Danielle.” Carl smiled as he hugged Danielle a little tighter to him.

    Ken looked relieved to see a couple of police cars pull into the driveway, it was like he’d done nothing wrong as he started barking out orders at the officers as they got out their patrol cars. He did look shocked when he found himself being cuffed and led over to a police van that had just entered the drive.

    Carl let Holly pull Danielle back into a hug with her and Brad when he saw Jonathan Woods walking up the drive towards him and Vic.

     “I was really hoping to keep this a little more, low key.” Jonathan said as he looked at three police officers trying to get a screaming Ken into the back of a police van.

    Carl was just about to give Jonathan a piece of his mind when they all looked at an officer who had started shouting for his sergeant to come and take a look at something in the trunk of Ken’s car. Carl and Vic followed a couple of other officers and felt sick when they saw the rope and duct tape lying in the there waiting to be used.

     “Do you still think this should be kept low key Mr Woods?” Carl snarled as he looked at Ken Douglas with daggers in his eyes. “I will make sure that man never sees the light of day again, if it’s the last thing I do.” Carl made the promise.

    Carl was so busy telling Jonathan Woods what he planned to do, that he and the others never noticed the fact that Brad had got to his feet and walked over to see what had upset Carl so much. Once Brad saw the rope and duct tape, he lost his temper and made his way towards Ken and the officers trying to get him in the van as he fought with them. Ken soon changed his mind when he saw the large man that had so easily held him by the throat, now making his way over to him with murder in his eyes.

     “You little fucked up freak! I’m going to kill you with my bare hands.” Brad screamed as four officers, Carl and Vic all tried to stop Brad from getting to Ken, who was now jumping into the van and trying to close the door to keep Brad away from him.

    Brad did stop dead in his tracks, but it wasn’t due to any of the officers or Carl and Vic. He stopped because he suddenly found Danielle blocking his path.

     “Please Uncle Brad, don’t hurt him anymore.” Danielle begged him.

     “Why would you defend him Danielle?” Brad asked looking confused as he was still being held back by the officers, just in case he tried to attack Ken again.

     “I’m not defending him Uncle Brad. I’m stopping you from getting in trouble for hurting him.” Danielle said as she looked over her shoulder and frowned at Ken now locked in the back of the police van. “I’m sure he will be made to feel welcome in prison when he gets there.” Danielle added with an evil smirk as she watched the realisation of what she meant start to sink in to Ken’s mind, and he was soon beating on the door to be let out again.

    Carl and the others relaxed and let out a sigh when they felt Brad relax and stop fighting them. Brad held out his arms and let Danielle step into them. “Thank you Uncle Brad for saving me from that man.” Danielle said as she let Brad hug her.

     “Keeping you safe is turning into a full time job for me.” Brad chuckled as he let all the anger wash out of him.

     “I’m sorry for being so much trouble Uncle Brad.” Danielle mumbled from where her head was buried in his stomach.

     “Don’t be sorry Danielle; none of this is your fault.” Brad said as he broke the hug and made Danielle look up at him when he lifted her head to look him in the eyes.

     “Sorry.” Danielle said again, but was soon giggling as she realised what she’d just said, as Brad frowned at her just before he too started to chuckle.

     “Why don’t you go and sit with Nana Holly while we talk to the police.” Carl said as he led Danielle over to the steps where Holly was still sat nursing a bump on the back of her head. “I’ll call Prue and get her to pop over and take a look at you.” Carl said when they reached Holly.

     “I’m fine Carl, just worry about getting that animal out of my sight before I lose my temper and finish what Brad started.” Holly said waving off any worries Carl might have about her.

     “I can either have Prue come and see you, or I can ask the paramedics to take you to the hospital.” Carl explained with a raised eyebrow.

     “Fine! Get Prue to come and take a look at me then.” Holly scowled back at Carl, realising that she wasn’t being given much of a choice in the matter.

     “Excellent choice mother.” Carl smiled, just before he walked off with his phone to his ear as he started making calls to everyone.


*****

    Becky was just looking over some paperwork in her office at the club when her mobile phone started ringing; she let out a sigh when she saw it was just Carl calling her.

     “Hi Carl, everything alright?”

     “It’s been better.” Carl replied with some strain in his voice. “Are you still at the club?” He asked before Becky could ask any more questions.

     “Yes, do you need something from here?” She asked.

     “I need you to go to the shop and help Amy and Chrissy finish up for the day, so Mandy can come home. That creepy child care worker I told you all about from last week, tried to abduct Danielle this afternoon.” Carl explained, but left out the part about the rope and duct tape they found in the trunk of the man’s car.

     “Is Danielle alright?” Becky asked with worry in her voice.

     “Yes, Brad was at home and stopped him, but Holly got pushed over and she bumped her head. She looks alright, but I’ve got Prue coming over to have a look at her anyway.” Carl said as he tried to ease Becky’s worries.

     “Chrissy and Amy will want to come home as well when they find out about Holly.” Becky warned.

     “I’d rather you not tell them for that reason Becky. There’s nothing for either of them to do if they did come home, and it would just mean more work for them all tomorrow, so I was hoping we could keep this between us until this evening.” Carl asked in a pleading tone.

     “Okay.” Becky sighed after weighing up the pros and cons of what Chrissy would say when she found out she’d been keeping things from her. “But I’m pointing Chrissy in your direction when she finds out the truth.” Becky warned.

     “And I’ll accept full responsibility for it all.” Carl chuckled.

     “Good!” Becky replied with a giggle. “Will Brad still be able to make the school run?” Becky asked, as she thought about the kids being stuck at school.

     “I’m going to call the hotel and Have Callum or Jayden go pick them up in one of the hotel minibuses, as I think Brad will still be talking to the police.” Carl said.

     “What did Brad do to him?” Becky asked sounding worried.

     “I’ll tell you later when you don’t have to pretend not to know anything in front of your wife.”

     “But I don’t know anything, not really.” Becky pointed out.

     “So you won’t be trying to cover things up in front of Chrissy and Amy then will you?” Carl said smugly.

     “There are times when I really hate you Carl.” Becky growled down the phone at him.

     “Now I know you don’t mean that Bec’s.” Carl chuckled.

     “No, I don’t.” Becky sighed. “I’ll see you later then, when I bring home a very angry Chrissy and Amy.” Becky said just before ending the call and started getting her things together, so she could leave the club.


*****

    Mandy, Chrissy and Amy all looked shocked to see Becky turn up at the shop, but they were all looking worried when they saw the look on Becky’s face.

     “What’s happened?” Mandy asked before Chrissy and Amy had a chance.

     “There’s been some trouble at the house involving Danielle.” Becky started to explain. “Don’t worry, she’s fine, but Carl thought it best if you go home and be with her, while I stop here and help Chrissy and Amy run the shop and get all the orders finished up and out in the post.” Becky added as she looked at Chrissy and Amy in such a way as to tell them she wasn’t going to argue this point with them.

     “Do you know what happened?” Mandy asked worriedly.

     “The child care worker that went to see Carl last week, turned up at the house and tried to take Danielle with him, but Brad stopped him. The police have been called and Danielle is safe at home still, but she’s a little shaken up, and Carl thought it best for her mother to be there to help calm her down.” Becky explained what she knew, but leaving out the bit where Holly got hurt.

     “I better go and check on my little baby then.” Mandy said as she started getting all her things together.

     “Give her a hug from Amy and me.” Chrissy said as she gave Mandy a hug before she left the shop out the back door where her car was parked.

    Chrissy and Amy tried grilling Becky for more information, but she had nothing more to tell them, due in part to Carl not telling her for this very reason.


*****

    Mandy pulled into the driveway at home expecting to see police cars parked everywhere and lots of people running around, but other than there being one police car, everything looked normal. Mandy parked her car and ran into the house looking for Danielle. She found everyone sat in the dining room around the table while a couple of officers took down details of what happened. Mandy looked worried when she saw her mother stood behind Holly looking at her head.

     “What happened to you mother.” Mandy asked as she looked at Holly.

     “I just bumped my head when I tried to stop that animal taking Danielle away.” Holly said as she waved off Mandy’s worries for her. “We come with super thick heads in our family.” Holly added with a grin.

     “Danielle! Are you alright sweetie?” Mandy asked as she noticed Danielle sat at her Nana Holly’s side looking worried for her nana. Mandy ran around the table and sat in the chair next to Danielle and pulled her into a hug that she never wanted to release.

    Danielle just started sobbing again as she let Mandy hug her. “She’s fine honey, and the animal is locked up, where I plan to make sure he stays.” Carl said as he walked over and sat in the seat next to Mandy and pulled the two of them close to him.

    Mandy was soon being filled in on what had happened, and what had been found in the trunk of his car. To say Mandy was mad would be an understatement. She wanted them to bring back hanging, or the firing squad.

    Danielle was happy to just let her mother hug her as she had her rant. Danielle knew she was safe again, and the nasty man that caused her so much trouble was locked away. Danielle also had total trust in what her father said about not letting him ever get out of prison again.

    The police finished getting everyone’s statement and then they left after promising to keep them all informed of what happened.

    Brad got a big hug from Mandy once the police had gone, as she thanked him for being home when that animal turned up trying to take her little girl.

     “I hope you still feel that way when you see the mess I made of the flower bed.” Brad chuckled.

     “Who cares about some flowers, I just hope you made him suffer.” Mandy growled.

     “He suffered alright.” Danielle giggled as she thought of how Brad slammed Ken’s face into the car window before throwing him backwards across the ground.

    Holly managed to make Prue stop fussing over her long enough to put the kettle on and make them all a drink, so they could sit and wait for the others to get home from school and work. Danielle was sat cuddled up to her mother as they waited.


*****

    Lianna had been distracted all the way through her last lesson of the day, and it hadn’t gone unnoticed on Lauren.

     “What’s wrong sis?” Lauren asked as they put their books away and left the classroom. “You spent more time looking at your phone under the desk than you did taking any notice of what the teacher was trying to teach us.” Lauren added looking worried for her sister and the way she kept looking around for something.

     “I’ll explain when we get home sis, but not here.” Lianna said sounding very cryptic.

    Lauren knew that look Lianna gave her when she spoke, and it meant she didn’t trust others not to overhear and that would be bad for someone. “Okay sis.” Lauren nodded to let Lianna know she understood.

    Lianna had spent the whole last period thinking about just how stupid she’d been to try calling this person calling themselves Clare. She just hoped the person would try texting her again, but as of yet there was no reply to Lianna’s last text to her. Lianna was soon worried about other things when she stepped out in front of the main school building and instead of seeing Brad, it was Callum and Jayden they saw waiting for them in a minibus from the hotel.

     “Where’s Uncle Brad?” Lianna asked looking puzzled to see her aunt and uncle. Lianna thought they were lucky that it wasn’t Kara and Jayden picking them up, not that it would bother any of them, but Kara did tend to dress a little on the glamorous side, and would have stood out a little more than Callum and Jayden did right now. Callum was in a nice looking suit, and Jayden was in a female version with a skirt and shear stockings.

     “All we know is that there was some trouble back at home, and Brad had to talk to the police, so your Uncle Carl called and asked if we could do the school run.” Callum explained what he knew.

     “Is Danielle alright?” Lianna asked with worry in her voice.

     “Yes as far as we know, but we won’t have all the details until we get home.” Jayden said as she helped Lianna and Lauren get on the minibus while they waited for the others to arrive.

    It was another five minutes before the others were all on the minibus and they were leaving the school grounds and heading for home. Callum was driving, and he went straight over to the house, rather than taking Peter home to Sara and Cathy’s. Jayden explained that they would all be joining them for dinner, so everything that had happened could be explained to them all.

    Lianna was the first out the minibus when they pulled up outside the house, and she was closely followed by Lauren and the others.

     “Danielle!” Lianna shouted as she ran into the dining room on her way to the kitchen where she thought Danielle would be helping Nana Holly with dinner, but Danielle was sat at the dining table being hugged by Mandy on one side and Carl on the other.

     “Lianna!” Danielle shouted back as she sat up and held her arms open to get a hug from her.

     “What’s happened?” Lianna asked with panic in her voice as she ran over to Danielle and threw her arms around her in a hug.

     “Oh Lianna, I thought I would never see you again.” Danielle said as she started sobbing again.

    Mandy and Carl waited for all the kids to enter the room and then they explained to them all what had happened. Danielle was soon getting hugs from the whole family, and then they all went to make sure Nana Holly was okay.

     “I have something for you Lianna.” Danielle said as she got up and led Lianna into the kitchen and then over to the pantry. “Close your eyes please.” Danielle said before she opened the door and went inside to get the cake she’d made for her.

     “When can I open them again?” Lianna asked after being stood there for a couple of minutes.

     “Okay, you can open them again now.” Danielle was stood just in front of Lianna with the tray holding the heart shaped cake with pink frosting and the words I love you piped on top of it in red icing.

     “Did you make this for me?” Lianna asked as she looked from the cake to Danielle and then back again. “It’s so beautiful, thank you.” Lianna said as she helped Danielle place the cake on the kitchen table before she wrapped her arms around Danielle again and kissed her.

     “Nana Holly helped me make it, so I can’t take all the credit.” Danielle said when Lianna stopped kissing her. “I just hope you like the taste of it.” She added with some worry in her voice.

     “I know we will, Nana Holly is one of the best teachers when it comes to baking, or any form of cooking.” Lianna grinned as she licked her lips.

     “We all love you as well Danielle.” Lauren pouted as she looked at the cake. “I hope we can have a piece as well.” Lauren added in a pleading tone.

     “I don’t mind Lianna sharing it with you, if that’s what she wants to do.” Danielle grinned as she saw how excited they all looked at the thought of having a piece of cake she’d made.

     “You already know we share everything, so I’d be happy to share it with you all.” Lianna said as she pulled Danielle closer to her again.

     “We’ll save it until after dinner though.” Holly pointed out as she took the cake back to the pantry where it was cooler and also safer from Richard and Craig, who were hovering around with a look that said they would take a taste the first time everyone looked away.

    Mandy and Carl led all the kids back out into the dining room and let them sit down and listen to Danielle tell them what happened in her own words, and how Brad saved her life again.

     “Uncle Brad was so cool. It was like watching a scene from a Tom and Jerry cartoon, when the big dog grabs Tom by the throat and stops him getting away.” Danielle giggled as she remembered watching the cartoon show whenever she could. Danielle was soon sobbing again as the shock of it all got to her, and she thought of what could have happened if Brad hadn’t been at home. Lianna was there to hug Danielle as she sobbed and got it out her system.

     “He won’t ever get near you again Danielle.” Carl said as he watched Lianna hugging her close. “And as soon as you’re well enough, I plan to teach you how to defend yourself from something like that ever happening again, or anyone else trying to hurt you.” Carl added.

     “I’m not very good at fighting daddy.” Danielle pointed out.

     “I won’t be teaching you to fight sweetie, just to defend yourself in case someone tries to attack you.” Carl explained. “There is a big difference between the two things.” Carl added.

     “Can’t I just have Uncle Brad follow me everywhere?” Danielle asked with grin.

     “No! I don’t want daddy hanging around at school when you start after the holidays.” Jennifer said with a look of horror on her face as she thought about her father following Danielle around the school and also keeping an eye on her at the same time. “I’d never get another date again.” She added.

     “Another date?” Brad asked from the doorway as he entered the room after taking a shower and getting cleaned up from his work out in the gym and the set to with Ken Douglas.

     “Daddy! Thank you for saving Danielle’s life again.” Jennifer said as she blanked the fact he overheard she’d been on a date already.

    Brad was soon being hugged by all the kids, as they all saw him as a big hero for what he did to the animal that tried to abduct Danielle and do god knows what to her.

    Danielle was soon being hugged by Chrissy and Amy when they got home with Becky, Then Chrissy turned on Carl after she found out about her mother getting hurt and Carl kept it from her. Danielle got hugs of everyone as they got home from work, and she liked the fact she was so well loved now.

    They were soon all sat around the dinner table enjoying a meal, but everyone was looking forward to enjoying a piece of cake after. Danielle was too nervous to eat her piece when Lianna put it in front of her, but she soon found her appetite again when she started getting the thumbs up from around the table. Danielle was shocked at just how good it tasted, and she tried to make everyone thank Nana Holly for it rather than her, as Danielle thought it was all thanks to Holly for telling her what to do.

     “Are you sure you didn’t have any more children other than these two, Chrissy?” Cathy asked when she saw just how unwilling Danielle was to except the praise.

     “I wish she was mine Cathy.” Chrissy said with a sigh. “She never would have lived the life she had up until now.” Chrissy added with pain in her voice.

     “I’d be proud to grow up to be as pretty and kind as you Aunty Chrissy.” Danielle said with pride in her voice.

     “You really need to set your goals a little higher sweetie; you’re already both of them things.” Chrissy blushed.

    Danielle was soon blushing more than Chrissy after hearing Chrissy’s complement.

    The children all got the dishes washed and put away, as well as cleaning up the kitchen before they all wandered off to do their own thing. Lianna, Lauren and Danielle all ended up in Lianna’s bedroom where Lauren could see that Lianna was still distracted by something that happened at school. Even Danielle could see that something was bothering Lianna.

     “What’s wrong sis? You’ve been distracted since you got back from the library at school. Did someone have a go at you again?” Lauren asked with some anger in her voice.

     “No, nothing like that, but something did happen.” Lianna said as she got her phone out and showed Lauren and Danielle the texts she’d received from a girl calling herself Clare, that said she was just like Lianna and trapped in the wrong body.

     “Do you think it might be someone playing a trick on you?” Lauren asked not sure what to make of the person calling themselves Clare.

     “I’m not sure, it’s hard to work out from a hand full of text messages, but she seemed to be in the same sort of pain I was in until I realised what the problem was.” Lianna shrugged.

     “I’d still play it very careful sis, just in case it is someone playing a prank on you, even if I can’t see what they hope to gain from doing this.” Lauren said as she held up Lianna’s phone before she handed it back.

     “Could you not sort out a place to meet up with them, and talk in person to see if they are for real?” Danielle asked.

     “I did try to call them and sort something like that out, but I didn’t realise at the time, they were in the library with me, and I scared them off when their phone started ringing.” Lianna said as she bit her lip nervously.

     “Did you not get a look at them before they left the library then?” Lauren asked.

     “No, whoever it was were fast. They had already run away using one of the fire exits.” Lianna explained. “I sent them a text to say sorry for scaring them, but they haven’t got back to me yet.” Lianna added as she looked on her phone to see if they had tried to text her again while she spoke to Lauren and Danielle about it.

     “I wouldn’t go saying anything to the parental units about this, or mother will be setting out on a mission to try and help this Clare, which would just mean more trouble for the person, if they are serious about all this.” Lauren warned her sister.

     “I can’t do much at all until they decide to start talking to me again, if they talk to me again after what happened in the library.” Lianna said as she let her shoulders slump down in defeat.

     “I’m sure they will text you again, just give them some time to calm down from the shock of making first contact with you about it, and the little scare you gave them.” Danielle giggled.

    It was soon time for bed and Danielle was glad when Lianna and Lauren decided to sleep with her in Lianna’s bed. Danielle had some nightmares where Ken tried to take her away from her new family, but Lianna and Lauren were always there to wrap their arms around her and pull her back to safety.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Danielle and the family

I am glad it all turned out OK for Danielle. Brad is to be commended for all the protection he has provided for the family since long before any of the kids were born. And it is family he takes care of, all of them. And not just a select few.

I am glad, SaraUK, that you decided to continue this story in the vein you have. God Bless!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

how..

do not see the delete option.

Anyone...

Want to get their hands on the guy and kill him more then Brad? I am happy that Danielle was able to stop Brad for getting into anymore trouble. I really like What Danielle said about Ken's treatment in jail probably be.

“I’m not defending him Uncle Brad. I’m stopping you from getting in trouble for hurting him.” Danielle said as she looked over her shoulder and frowned at Ken now locked in the back of the police van. “I’m sure he will be made to feel welcome in prison when he gets there.” Danielle added with an evil smirk as she watched the realisation of what she meant start to sink in to Ken’s mind, and he was soon beating on the door to be let out again.

Way to go Danielle. Now to figure out who Clare is.

Joshlyn Amanda

Anyone...

Want to get their hands on the guy and kill him more then Brad? I am happy that Danielle was able to stop Brad for getting into anymore trouble. I really like What Danielle said about Ken's treatment in jail probably be.

“I’m not defending him Uncle Brad. I’m stopping you from getting in trouble for hurting him.” Danielle said as she looked over her shoulder and frowned at Ken now locked in the back of the police van. “I’m sure he will be made to feel welcome in prison when he gets there.” Danielle added with an evil smirk as she watched the realisation of what she meant start to sink in to Ken’s mind, and he was soon beating on the door to be let out again.

Way to go Danielle. Now to figure out who Clare is.

Joshlyn Amanda

Anyone...

Want to get their hands on the guy and kill him more then Brad? I am happy that Danielle was able to stop Brad for getting into anymore trouble. I really like What Danielle said about Ken's treatment in jail probably be.

“I’m not defending him Uncle Brad. I’m stopping you from getting in trouble for hurting him.” Danielle said as she looked over her shoulder and frowned at Ken now locked in the back of the police van. “I’m sure he will be made to feel welcome in prison when he gets there.” Danielle added with an evil smirk as she watched the realisation of what she meant start to sink in to Ken’s mind, and he was soon beating on the door to be let out again.

Way to go Danielle. Now to figure out who Clare is.

Joshlyn Amanda

Anyone...

Want to get their hands on the guy and kill him more then Brad? I am happy that Danielle was able to stop Brad for getting into anymore trouble. I really like what Danielle said about Ken's treatment in jail probably be.

“I’m not defending him Uncle Brad. I’m stopping you from getting in trouble for hurting him.” Danielle said as she looked over her shoulder and frowned at Ken now locked in the back of the police van. “I’m sure he will be made to feel welcome in prison when he gets there.” Danielle added with an evil smirk as she watched the realisation of what she meant start to sink in to Ken’s mind, and he was soon beating on the door to be let out again.

Way to go Danielle. Now to figure out who Clare is.

Joshlyn Amanda

Nasty

Look forward to finding out what role did that supervisor have in all this. I strongly suspect those two are in cahoots.

Kim