My Super Secret Life...Potentials-9 The Start.

Printer-friendly version

Potential-9 The Start.

Chapter 9

*Vanir/Vana……

I run over to where Cody is and find him aways away pinned to a tree by a tree branch blood everywhere….

“Oh shit, oh shit of fuck…Cody…hang on Cody we’ll get help…” I’m looking for something anything…I don’t have a phone…shit!

I pull off my shirt it’ll help stop the bleeding….I have to try.

“Aaaargh!” Cody screams as he pushes himself off the branch…oh…dammit! He falls to the ground and I almost puke…blood wow there’s so much blood.

I run over and try to use my shirt to staunch the blood and he’s coughing… “Cody shush you gotta breathe slower, try not to move help’s coming.”

I’m feeling the pull towards my shielding self…I shift and bite my lower lip…I get sort of super girly like this…fuller and curvier. I’m almost spilling out of my bra…my hands are starting to shine…? Oh no, what now…

“Hang on Cody…”

He reaches up and moves my hands. “I’m okay…”

I push his hands down to keep him from keeping me from helping him. “No you’re not.”

He stares at me and he’s so…intense…

“I’m okay…” He pulls my bloody shirt away…holy…the hole on his chest…it’s closing, pulsing and moving almost but rapidly closing on its own.

“You…self…mend?”

“I’m a regenerator…healing factor…a family trait…”

“That’s amazing…”

“Yeah…It got you to take your shirt off.” I look at him shocked and he’s got this grin…showing some sharp teeth…but he’s also elegantly handsome…elflike but dark skin under black velvet fur…like some dogs the skin of his lips is dark colored.

I cover my chest as I feel my nipples get hard…I’m blushing…oh…dammit…

Dammit…I’ve no idea what to do...no experience with guys. Not past being friends and everything happened home before I found someone willing to court me.

But as wigged out as I am I can’t help but to touch the shrinking wound and the shine from my hands leaps at the first contact from me to him.

It feels like…like I just did really hard exercise all at once…but the sort of shiny white energy is in the wound and Cody gasps…and the wound closes like almost instantly.

He’s staring at me….I’m staring at the healed wound that’s even starting to refur over as the shine’s fading.

I’m in shock. “Did I…?”

“Just healed me…” He takes my hand and gets up. “We tell no one but the AA’s.”

“But…”

“No…anyone with healing gets in deep shit…”

“Huh?”

“Look…Valla right?” I nod.

“People with healing powers are sought after by the rich and the needy and they’ll either end up burning you out or they’ll blame you when you can’t heal something or somebody.”

“But you’re the first time that I’ve done that.”

“Good…fine, it’s great but I’ve seen this stuff happen.”

“Happen?”

“Yeah…” He sort of hunches and he’s stalking almost pulling me behind him while heading to the others.

*Cody……

I’m not pissed off, well I sort of am. There’s stuff that I get reminded of when I was being hunted and chased.

And I remember stuff like the psi-kids or the other Meta kids that could heal. People are fucking selfish assholes and they will use a healer up with their needs and demands even if they’re legitimate and honest ones. Regens like me are safe because of the fact that you might catch mutie from any kind of transfusion.

I’m not pissed at Valla, she seems a really sweet girl but she’s only seen a little of the life from what I figure. She needs someone to look after her.

We get over to where Samantha is and Faith is and their both sitting on the cargo bot-loader thing and their staring.

I turn to look at what they’re staring at and Daystar is coming down all shiny and golden like…hmm how do you describe this guy. That guy from that old relic movie Thor? Make him clean shaven and put him in biker boots, faded jeans and a tight black t-shirt then make him all golden glowing Super Sayan and you’re close.

Good the calvary’s here.

*Faith/Drew……

I…

Okay great I get to rescue the princess.

I head over to where Samantha’s at in the power armor suit loader thingy and I look at her. “Huh…you’ve looked better.”

“Thanks… (Cough.)…little help/”

“You know how to get into this thing?”

“Sure my dad’s an engineer.”

“So’s my mom but that’s not helping me any.”

“Sheesh sorry, take a pill.”

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean.”

“I mean, what’s your problem.”

I bite my tongue. “Nothin…”

“Sure…like that’s actually the case. You know I’m a Vox right?”

“A what?”

“Vocal powers, a siren.”

“No, so what does that have to do with stuff.”

“I can read voices.”

“Huh?”

“It’s not nothing, it’s something and I can hear it all over your vocal ranges.”

“Great…how about it’s none of your business.”

“Jeeze what the heck did I ever do to you.”

I just glare at her. I’m sure that she might be alright to some people but she’s a damned Barbie doll and just as fake. Pretty and shiny from head to toe and almost like she really…

She’s one of them, she might be a meta but she’s one of them perfect people. And compared to my life…

Just…grrr.

I’m getting the latchings undone and open it so she can get out and even sweaty and with blood on her face like a nose bleed and stuff she’s still looking just…

Too damned good…I get too good a look at her breasts and how they’re just so really well defined through her damp tight shirt and in makes me stir down below and at the same time it makes my nipples get hard…dammit…I’m not supposed to feel stuff like that.

And she’s smiling at me; even after this whole thing we’ve been through she’s smiling.
Grrr… “What? Why are you smiling at me?”

“Thanks Drew.” She leans over and she kisses my cheek. Even after I’ve been and asshole she just kissed me on the cheek.

I sit on the servo-suit thingy and draw my knees up…I don’t get her. Okay maybe she scares me a little.

She sits beside me on the thing as Valla comes back being dragged along by Cody and then there’s this shimmer in the air and Daystar’s coming down to land. Samantha looks up at him with a great big smile. “Hey Uncle Chris.”

Uncle? What!?

Oh just who the hell is this girl?

*Samantha Chase……

Drew is so…

She’s cute, like really cute.

But she’s really uptight. I’m sort of into guys and there’s the thing I’m reading mixed signals sort of in her language tones and cadences. She sounds like a semi husky voiced girl, just enough to be sexy like but the way that she talks is male.

I’m sometimes attracted to girls too but it’s a kind of specific thing with them, only some girls and only some of the time. Drew’s sort of right in that perfect zone maybe…maybe she’s both.

I’m transgendered just the way that things had come about so I’ve actually had very little issues with what I am but trying to figure out who I am sexually is hard. Even more with someone like Drew who honestly likes me as much as she doesn’t like me.

In the end I just go with sort of letting her be the Emo-girl she is and drop the whole urge to ask her what’s up her ass. If she’s as confused as I’ve been that’s not a good way to go about things. That’s touchy stuff. And I’m way too tired for the drama.

Then Cody’s coming back and well it’s Cody and I might sound like I’m all over the place in who I’m into but Cody is just…

Yeah he’s more that cute, feral and sexy…

Or rather he’s all kinds of day-yam.

And then there’s Valla, and he’s holding her buy the hand as they come back into the clearing. I might be kind of jelly about it since she’s in her bra and that’s not really being structurally sound and she got really big breasts that I’d honestly need surgery to get in my like or some other kind of augment.

And Drew was definitely checking her out until Uncle Chris comes flying down for a landing.

“Is everyone okay?”

I grin. “Hi Uncle Chris…yeah sort of we ran into someone here though…I don’t know some kind of magic user type going after Valla here.”

He looks at her. “You okay?”

“Yes sir everyone was real kind and came to my rescue. Ah think I surprised him and his pet.”

“Pet?”

“Yes sir he called it a Grendle or something.”

He looks at me. “How bad?”

“Demon in a toy, some kind of animated body I think Uncle Chris, the mage though he was seriously Sithing.”

“You have enough to download it?”

“Yeah but something to eat and stuffed help.” Like I said I’m a Telemechanic, so everything I can see and hear I can download telepathically into a computer. I catch the tubes he’s pulled out of his belt’s pouches and the bars. Honey and peanut butter like in the army from a tube and a bacon bar…yeah they’re evil candied bacon with toasted smoke almonds pressed into a bar….

Cody…Cody is staring at me with this look. Eyes wide and just staring like slightly tranced.

I offer him half… “Thanks…regen’s a bitch and….oh my shit that’s good.”

Drew’s making faces at both of us. “Why don’t you too just shoot up lard right into your veins?”

I grin. “It’s got nuts those are omega threes it evens out.”

Vana’s telling him about the fight and what happened with the start of things on his end and he’s powered down and looking around. He stops and he holds his hand over something and he picks it up with a stream of light from his hand like a tractor beam…cool because I’ve never seen him do that before.

“That’s new?”

“Always’s training kiddo, always learning.”

There’s this marble thing that he floats up out of the grass and into an evidence pouch. Vana’s all. “That it y’all the thing thet he was using to fry me like a bug on a July night.”
She blushes because of her federation or Confed accent, some people call it Dixie or Dixmerican….actually I find that it’s one of the few charming things about the Federation.

He looks over at me. “Sammy, get everyone over to the Ark and teach them how to download Avery’s on their way over and you know the drill. Then here… (He tosses me a card.) take everyone out to supper.”

I smile and sigh at the same time. “I get AA privileges?”

“No, but you get being my assistant’s privileges.”

“Cool, okay!” Oh I can deal with that.

He lights up and he takes flight again headed to The Ark himself and I look at the other who are trying to get their heads on straight after watching Uncle Chris do his thing. Even without a costume he’s impressive; he’s one of the only supers that totally out in the open about who he is.

Squashes a lot of flak that way, Victory gets a lot of flak for being top superhero and superheroine out there. Some people are actually all butt-hurt over just that fact alone that the top super’s a woman.

It’s not long before there’s an Ark aerovan coming in for a landing and some of the tech’s get out and Avery’s there smiling at us. He’s about our age but he’s really hot looking with long tumbly wavy blue hair, he’s a mutant psi and sort of on the B team for the Ark Angels like me.

Faith and Vana are staring at him too.

Did I mention that he’s hot looking? He’s kind of got this whole elf thing going on with his mutation…flawless skin and he’s a really beautiful man, guy, teen.

“Hey you all need a lift?”

I smile and call out. “Shotgun!”

*Karma/Quinn……

I wake in my body and the pain hits me too of the strain I had put out when I was in Mark’s body. I cry out in pain and it just…

I deserve this…

After what I did I deserve this…I can feel the strain behind all of my muscles and yet I’m not supposed to. I guess this is psychic pain…

And it’s over all too soon.

Yeah too soon.

Which to be going back to not felling anything…

Hurts even worse.

I’m crying which sucks because I can’t do anything about my tears and stuff and that little extra bit of suck was tearing me down even more when there’s a hand out of nowhere and Aerin’s there.

“Blow.” She has a tissue to my face.

I blow…and she wipes my tears aside with her thumb.

“You pushed it too hard.” She’s frowning at me but who can tell what that actually means she a goth.

“Yeah…thanks…”

“Yeah…later…”

And just like that she leaves.

So just what the heck was that just now?

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sometimes Superhumans just need human moments.

But Cody's still going to be Cody. Hopefully the characters will develop as the story melds together.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

YAY!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

"Meanwhile back at the Batcave after a shower and a meal..." or not. That's one of the things I like about your writing Bailey, in that you take something that often a writer might skip over in a line and turn it into a way of developing the characters further. :-)

Thank you for another chapter of this story.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I try to get those things in, they make better characters and...

better characters make a much better story. Batman should have every now and them how hard it is to shower with all those bruises, or trying to eat with a cracked tooth. It'd be cool to see those things in more stories.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

wrap up/ lessons learned

they are going to be going over stuff for awhile.
Drew needs to get a grip, not every pretty girl is his sister.
good chapter, thanks

Drew's got a lot going on in that whole teenaged thing.

Broody, issues with their sister and family, moving and a whole new place and a changing body and hormones. All of the kids have their differences and issues that'll make things interesting.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Artist

Like watching an artist fill in the spaces on a canvas, each area with it's own unique colors and strokes, so do you fill in this story with words, to color it brightly with emotions and light, our view of the characters in strokes of rich hues that blend all the threads together. Thank you Bailey

Draflow

I've always been a Bob Ross fan:)

You can't have a good story without good characters and good characters are colorful.
You're very welcome.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers