You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 33

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 33

    Cathleen pulled into the large driveway back at Danielle’s and then she, Penny and Kat helped Danielle and Tina to get all their new clothing into the house.

     “Looks like I’ll need to sell one of my hotels to cover this little spending trip.” Carl chuckled as he walked out into the hallway where the girls were putting down all the shopping bags they had just brought into the house.

     “Hi Daddy!” Danielle shouted happily as she ran over and jumped into his arms. “Thank you for letting Cathleen, Penny and Kat take me shopping. I had a wonderful time.” Danielle grinned as she let Carl hold her in his arms.

     “I’m glad you had such a wonderful time sweetie.” Carl smiled back at her as they hugged.

     “Thank you for buying me so many new things Mr Wayne. I’m sure my father will be happy to pay you the money back if I spent too much.” Tina said trying to sound very prim and proper.

     “Did you have a good time Tink, and get everything you saw that took your fancy?” Carl asked as he placed Danielle back on the ground and then turned to look at Tina.

     “Yes, I had an amazing time.” Tina grinned.

     “Then that is all the repayment I need, and please call me Carl.”

     “Thank you Carl.” Tina said as she stepped forward and gave him a hug.

     “A happy child and a hug, what more could I ask for than that.” Carl chuckled some more as he hugged Tina back.

    Tina found herself wishing her father was more like Carl, but then Carl hadn’t lost his wife, so he had nothing to try and forget, by throwing himself into his work. “All my father seems to do now is work.” Tina said before she could stop herself.

     “I’ll have to be having a word with him about that the next time I see him.” Carl said as he broke the hug with Tina and held her at arm’s length. “Do you mind if I borrow Danielle for a short time Tina? I’m sure that Cathleen, Penny and Kat can keep you entertained while I do.” Carl added as he looked up at Cathleen and the other two from where he was kneeling down in front of Tina. Chrissy and Amy are in the kitchen.” Carl said to seal the deal.

    Tina soon found herself being grabbed by the hand, as the girls ran off towards the kitchen, while Carl stood back up and held out his hand to lead Danielle in the direction of the living room where they found Mandy sat on one of the sofa’s waiting for them. Danielle ran over and sat down next to Mandy and cuddled up to her, already knowing that something was wrong.

     “What’s wrong mummy?” Danielle asked with fear in her voice. “I’m not being sent away am I?” She added as she looked up to see what sort of reaction Mandy would have to her question.

     “No, you’re not being sent anywhere.” Mandy said as she wrapped her arms around Danielle like any mother would do, to protect their child. “Your father and I just need to have a little chat, and make you aware of something’s that have come to light, and we think it best you hear them from us, rather than a stranger later on down the line.” Mandy explained as she held Danielle tight.

    Danielle felt relief as she heard Mandy’s words and felt how protected she felt as Mandy hugged her. Danielle looked over at Carl who had sat the other side of her, when he spoke.

     “I’ve had some people looking into this Ken Douglas, and up until a short time ago he never existed, so they looked a little deeper and it turns out that he’s a very bad man that’s part of a group that take pleasure doing things they shouldn’t with children.” Carl explained in a way that avoided to many details.

     “You mean he’s a paedophile?” Danielle asked showing more understanding than Mandy and Carl gave her credit for.

     “Yes he is, and we need to know if he ever tried anything with you, or took you to any place where others might have tried things?” Carl asked, but hoped to get a ‘no’ from Danielle.

     “No! I’d never let anyone do anything like that with me.” Danielle said looking shocked. “Was that why he turned up here last week?” Danielle asked as she started to shake.

     “We don’t know sweetie, and I hope we never do, but we just needed to ask.” Carl said as he took hold of Danielle’s hand.

     “He just moved me from home to home whenever the foster parents started asking questions he didn’t like, but then the foster homes started to get more and more scary until I finally ran away and found all you.” Danielle explained as she cuddled into Mandy even more.

     “He can’t hurt you anymore sweetheart.” Mandy said as she hugged Danielle even tighter. “Daddy will make sure he can never hurt you ever again.” Mandy promised as she could see it was the one promise Carl would keep.

     “Do you have to tell the others about all this?” Danielle asked looking and sounding worried about it all.

     “We think it will be for the best, so they won’t be shocked by any of it if they hear about it later, and it will give you a good group of friends to surround yourself with.” Carl said.

     “What if they all hate me for what could have happened?” Danielle asked.

     “You’ve not done anything wrong sweetie.” Mandy pointed out. “Don’t ever think yourself to blame for any of this. Those sorts of people are just animals that should be put down.” Mandy spat out as she got angry. Mandy’s anger soon subsided though when she heard Danielle start to giggle.

     “Sorry mummy, but you look kind of funny when you get all angry like that.” Danielle giggled some more.

     “Well, what do you expect when someone tries to hurt one of my babies.” Mandy pouted as she hugged Danielle tighter still, to the point of nearly crushing her.

     “Can’t breathe mummy.” Danielle squeaked out.

     “Sorry.” Mandy giggled as she stopped hugging Danielle and then kissed her on the forehead. “Did you have a good time today shopping with the others?” Mandy asked wanting to change the subject to more fun matters.

     “Yes I did, and I hope you won’t be to mad with me, but I did let the others talk me into trying on some dresses that you said I couldn’t try on when I went out with you shopping.” Danielle admitted.

     “I’m not mad sweetie, just as long as you didn’t buy any of them.” Mandy said looking worried. “What I can’t see can’t hurt me.” Mandy added.

     “No, I’d never do that mummy. Danielle said with a shake of her head. “But it was fun playing around and trying them on.” Danielle cuddled into Mandy again as she said it, happy to have someone that loved her.

    Mandy and Carl were soon taking Danielle back to the kitchen, to see what the others were up to, and to say hello to Cathleen, Penny and Kat.


*****

    Lianna was eager to get home and spend some time with Danielle; she was still worried about the friendliness she’d seen between Danielle and Tina at the barbeque the day before. Lianna was also worried about what to do with the news she’d found out about Charlie and the mysterious Clare that texted her both being the same person. She spoke a couple of times with Lauren about it through the afternoon walking between classes, and they had decided to keep it to themselves until they knew more about Charlie.

    Brad picked them up from school at the end of the day, and Lianna was eager to find out what sort of a day Danielle had had with Cathleen and the others. She was the first out of the minibus when they got home, and she made a b-line for the kitchen on entering the house.

     “What have I told you about running in the house young lady?” Chrissy’s voice rang out stopping Lianna dead in her tracks.

     “Sorry Mother.” Lianna said looking sheepish as she waited for Chrissy to walk the rest of the way down the hallway to where Lianna was now stood waiting.

     “Give me a kiss and a hug, and I’ll let you off this time.” Chrissy smiled as she held her arms open and turned her head so Lianna could kiss her cheek.

     “Hello mummy.” Lianna smiled as she hugged Chrissy and then kissed her on the cheek. “You’re home early, is everything alright?” Lianna asked.

     “Yes, sort of.” Chrissy said, not sure how to answer that question properly. There was nothing really wrong, other than Danielle being informed of what could have happened, and then Mandy and Carl asking Danielle some questions to make sure she hadn’t had anything done to her by that animal called Ken Douglas, which thankfully hadn’t, but that was all going to be explained later in the evening during dinner.

     “You don’t sound too sure mother.” Lianna said looking puzzled.

     “We just have some family stuff to talk about later this evening, so don’t worry about it too much.” Chrissy said brushing off Lianna’s worries.

     “Does it have anything to do with Danielle?” Lianna asked still looking worried.

     “Yes it does, but don’t go bugging her about it while Tina is still here.” Chrissy warned. “Like I just said, we will talk about it over dinner or a little later if Tina stops for dinner.” Chrissy added.

     “Tink is still here?” Lianna asked with what looked close to a scowl.

     “Yes, she’s in the kitchen with your nana and the others.” Chrissy said.

     “I better go and say hi to them all.” Lianna said as she slipped away from Chrissy and started towards the kitchen at a fast walk.

    Danielle was sat at the kitchen table with Tina one side and Kat the other when Lianna entered. Danielle pushed her chair back and shot up from her seat before throwing herself at Lianna and wrapping her arms around her neck.

     “Hi, I missed you today.” Danielle said as she tried to squeeze the life out of Lianna.

     “You did?” Lianna asked with some shock in her voice.

     “Yes I did.” Danielle said in a scolding tone as she stepped back and frowned at Lianna. “I had fun, but it would have been even better if you’d been with us.” Danielle pouted just before she pulled Lianna into another hug.

     “Well don’t you just look like the cutest little school girl.” Cathleen said breaking up the touching moment between Danielle and Lianna. “I’m so glad you stopped acting like such a tom boy Lianna.” Cathleen added with a grin.

     “Cathleen! Shut up.” Lianna said looking worried a she looked over at Tina like she wasn’t in the know about her condition.

     “Don’t worry, I told Tink all about us both.” Danielle said as she tried to reassure Lianna that everything was okay.

     “You told her about me? Don’t you think you should have asked me first, or are you such close friends now that what I think doesn’t matter?” Liana snapped angrily.

     “I didn’t think you’d mind, and she was bound to find out sooner or later.” Danielle argued her reason for telling Tina their secrets.

     “I would have chosen later, much later.” Lianna said as she turned on her heels and stormed back out of the kitchen and headed for her bedroom.

     “Looks like someone had a bad day at school.” Cathleen commented as she saw the kitchen door swinging back and forth where Lianna had just left the room.

     “I blame the hormones.” Lauren said from the side of the doorway where she’d just watched her sister leave. “She’ll be fine again in ten minutes.” Lauren added, being the most experienced with her sister’s mood swings.

     “I better go and have a word with her, and see if I can make her understand that I wasn’t trying to go behind her back.” Danielle said as she made her way over to the door.

     “Do you want me to come with you?” Tina asked.

     “No, I think that would just make matters worse.” Danielle pointed out with a frown.

     “I think all those with homework should make their way up to their rooms and get it done before dinner.” Chrissy said as she rounded up all the kids that let out a groan.

    Richard, Nicole and Craig didn’t have any homework, so they took Tina down to the games room to play some video games while they waited for the others to get back down. Cathleen, Penny and Kat were stopping for dinner as well, so they also joined them. Penny and Kat were soon having a dance off on the new dance machine Carl had bought for Danielle.

    Tina was worried about Danielle and Lianna, but she was soon being distracted by Penny and Kat’s silly dance moves.


*****

    Lianna walked into her bedroom and threw her school bag down on the bed and then set about getting changed out of her school uniform and having a wash. Danielle was sat on her bed when she got back out the bathroom.

     “Your new best friend not with you?” Lianna asked in a sarcastic tone as she walked over to the bed and grabbed her bag before walking over to her desk and starting her homework.

     “Please don’t be like this with me Lianna.” Danielle pleaded. “I’m sorry, but I didn’t think it would be such a big deal, and she’s fine with what you are.” Danielle explained.

     “What do you mean, what I am?” Lianna snapped.

     “You know I didn’t mean it like that.” Danielle snapped back. “Stop looking for reasons to hate Tink. She’s just our friend, and I do mean ours.” Danielle added in a much calmer tone of voice.

     “I’m still not happy with you for telling her my secret.” Lianna said also speaking in a softer tone.

     “I’m sorry for that, but she is jealous of how good you look.” Danielle smiled as she played with Lianna’s ego. “Tink said you have very nice legs.” Danielle added.

     “She did?” Lianna asked as she looked down at her legs poking out of the denim skirt she was now wearing. “I don’t think there that special.” Lianna added with a shrug, but the grin on her face said she was glad someone thought she had good legs.

     “Does this mean I’m forgiven, or should I go before you think of even more nasty things to say about me?” Danielle asked as she got up off the bed and started to walk over towards the bedroom door ready to leave.

     “Please don’t go!” Lianna shouted as she jumped up and ran over to grab Danielle by the hand and lead her back over to the desk and sat her down in the spare seat at the side of the desk. “I’m sorry for acting like such a bitch.” Lianna said with a sigh.

     “Tough day at school?” Danielle asked as she reached out and took hold of Lianna’s other hand in hers.

     “Not really, but I have been worried about you and Tink spending all day together.” Lianna admitted. “I know it’s foolish of me, but I just think she’s so cool and kind of cute for her age.” Lianna added.

     “Maybe it’s me that should be worried.” Danielle pouted as she let go of Lianna’s hand trying to look upset with her.

     “She’s not my type Danielle.” Lianna said as she stopped Danielle getting up off the seat.

     “Tink isn’t my type either.” Danielle said in a pleading tone. “I love you.” Danielle added as she sat on Lianna’s knee and wrapped her arms around Lianna’s neck and rested her forehead on Lianna’s and looked her in the eyes.

     “I’m sorry.” Lianna said again just before she closed the distance between them and started kissing each other. “I should go down and say sorry to Tink as well.” Lianna added when their lips parted.

     “I think you should get your homework done first, or you’ll be in even more trouble.” Danielle pointed out. “I’ll stop and keep you company while you do it.” Danielle added with a smile just before Lianna had time to ask her.

     “Thanks baby.” Lianna grinned just before she stole another kiss and then let Danielle move off her knee and onto the spare seat again.

    Danielle sat and watched Lianna doing her homework in silence for a short time before she spoke again. “How was your day at school really?”

     “It was okay.” Lianna shrugged. “Can you keep a secret?” Lianna asked after another couple of minutes where she looked to be deep in thought.

     “I think I’ve already proved I can.” Danielle frowned as she looked down at her groin before looking at Lianna again.

     “Point taken.” Lianna giggled. “I’ve found out who this mystery texter called Clare is, but you can’t say anything to anyone apart from Lauren about it.” Lianna explained looking serious.

     “Was it someone playing a prank on you then?” Danielle asked with a scowl.

     “No, it’s a lad in the same year as Jennifer, Jessica and Peter. He’s a bit of a loner and doesn’t have any friends to hang around with at school.” Lianna said sounding sad about it.

     “How did you find out it was him texting you?” Danielle asked.

     “He’s got a broken wrist, so was in the library when I got their today, and I’d seen him walk into a door last Thursday and wanted to make sure he was alright. Well one thing led to another and he joined us for lunch, and by the end of it we all exchanged mobile numbers and I realised that his number was the same as the person calling themselves Clare.” Lianna explained.

     “Did you ask him about the text messages?” Danielle asked.

     “No, but he was asking me a lot of questions about my transition and how I knew I was doing the right thing. It was only later I found out he was Clare, and I’ve not seen him again since.”

     “Are you going to let him know that he’s safe talking to you about his feelings?” Danielle wondered out loud.

     “I think I’ll leave it for the time being, and just let him know that we all want to be his friends before I bring up the fact I know about his feelings and the fact he calls himself Clare.” Lianna said, but not sure it was the best way to approach the subject with Charlie.

     “That sounds like a good way to do it.” Danielle said making Lianna feel a little better about it all. “If he sees that he can trust you as a friend, then he will talk to you about it when he’s ready.” Danielle added.

     “You mean like you did?” Lianna smirked.

     “I was going to tell you in the end, but things just got out of hand, and it was different for me, I was living under the same roof, and scared that I might have been thrown out again once I told you all.” Danielle mumbled as she made a pattern on the floor with her foot.

     “I was just teasing you.” Lianna giggled as she poked Danielle in the side making her squeal.

     “I’ll show you teasing.” Danielle said as she snatched the pen out of Lianna’s hand and ran off towards the bed with Lianna close behind.

    Liana took a running dive at Danielle and they both fell onto the bed in a fit of giggles. Danielle wasn’t ready to relinquish the pen right away, so Lianna started to tickle her and Danielle was soon only too willing to hand over the pen.

     “I hate you.” Danielle said as she tried to get her breath back while she lay on the bed next to Lianna who was also trying to get her breath back.

     “No you don’t.” Lianna grinned just before she leaned in and kissed Danielle.

     “No I don’t.” Danielle grinned back just before she returned the kiss.

    Lianna was soon back at her desk doing her homework and Danielle sat next to her chatting about some of the things she’d bought. Lianna soon noticed that Danielle was distracted about something and she remembered the family chat her mother spoke about when she got home from school.

     “Mother said we need to have a family meeting later, do you know what it’s about?” Lianna asked as she looked over at Danielle and saw she did know.

     “Mum and dad found some things out about that man that tried to take me away last week.” Danielle said looking worried.

     “What sort of things?”

     “Daddy said that he’d found out the man was part of a paedophile ring, and was planning to make me vanish and...” Danielle trailed off, not able to say anymore as her eyes filled up with tears.

     “Oh god Danielle, that’s just horrible.” Lianna said as she pulled a shaking Danielle into a hug. “He can’t touch you anymore, and I’m sure that Uncle Carl will make sure he never will.” Lianna said to reassure her.

     “I know that, but it’s still scary to think about it all, and what might have happened if I’d not found you that day in the city.” Danielle mumbled as she’d buried her head in Lianna’s shoulder.

     “You could drive yourself insane thinking about what could have happened, but it didn’t, and you have a lot of people who care about you now, and not one of us will let anyone hurt you again.” Lianna promised as she pushed Danielle away far enough to look her in the eyes.

     “I hope you realise that you’re the best thing to ever happen to me.” Danielle smiled just before she threw her arms around Lianna again. “I love you so much Lianna.” Danielle said as she squeezed even tighter to get her point across.

     “Just as I love you my sweet Danielle.” Lianna sighed.

    Danielle pulled herself together and then sat and waited for Lianna to finish her homework before they left the bedroom and went to find Tina, so Lianna could say sorry to her for being such a brat when she got home from school.

    Tina was having a dance off with Nicole when they found her in the games room. Cathleen, Penny and Kat were stood watching and clapping to the song that was playing. Craig and Richard were playing some racing game on one of the many games systems they had in the room.

    Lianna and Danielle walked over and started clapping along to the song as they watched the two of them play around. Tina won, but Nicole still hugged her like a good sport would.

     “You’re really good Tink.” Nicole said as she tried to get her breath back.

     “Thanks Nicole, but you’re not too bad yourself.” Tina said sounding out of breath.

     “Hi Tink, can I have a word with you for a minute?” Lianna asked looking nervous.

     “Sure.” Tink smiled nervously as she stepped off the platform and followed Lianna and Danielle over to a quiet part of the room away from the others.

     “I just wanted to say how sorry I am for how I acted earlier, and for being a little bitchy with you at the barbecue yesterday.” Lianna said looking shamed at the way she acted.

     “Don’t worry about it Lianna.” Tina said waving off Lianna’s worry. “Danielle explained the problem, and I want you to know that I’m not interested in dating a girl, and I value you both too much as friends to do anything silly like try and come between you.” Tina added with a smile.

     “Friends?” Lianna asked as she held her arms open to get a hug.

     “Friends.” Tina grinned as she stepped closer so they could hug each other. “I also just want to say that I think you look so amazingly cute, way too cute to have ever been a boy.” Tina added as she hugged Lianna even tighter to let her know she didn’t care about the secret.

     “Thanks Tink, but I am still a boy at the minute. Everything you see is just window dressing.” Lianna pointed out with a sigh.

     “Trust me Lianna, you’re a girl where it counts, and I never would have guessed otherwise if Danielle hadn’t told me.” Tina said looking very serious as she said it. “I have to wonder how you pulled off being a boy looking at you now.” Tina added with a puzzled look.

     “I have to wonder myself sometimes.” Lianna giggled. “Thanks for saying I look good as a girl.” Lianna added.

    They were soon joined by the others and Tina ended up sat talking with Nicole and they were soon acting like the best of friends, which Danielle thought would be a good thing because they were the same age, and would be starting at the school in the same year after the holidays.

    Tina called Damon and he arrived shortly after to take Tina home, so Tina gave everyone a hug and they all waved goodbye to her at the front door.

    Danielle had found out that Tina had nothing to do for the rest of the week, and Cathleen was not doing much, so Danielle asked Cathleen if she would like to take her and Tina sightseeing. Cathleen jumped at the chance and Tina asked if Damon would be alright to drive them around, when he arrived to pick her up.

     “It would be my pleasure Tink.” Damon had smiled. Cathleen had looked quite happy to be driven around the next day.

     “I’ll see you tomorrow then Damon.” Cathleen smiled as she waved to Damon just before he got in the car after helping Tina to get in the back and put her seatbelt on.

     “I look forward to it.” Damon smiled back.

    Cathleen turned around and entered the house to find a line of grinning children and grownups all looking at her, she knew that they were all going to tease her for the rest of the night about her so called date the next day.

     “What?” Cathleen asked trying to pretend there was nothing going on. “I’m just helping to keep Danielle and Tink entertained until the other children finish school at the end of the week.” She added as she made her way past them all and headed for the kitchen to see if Nana Holly needed any help sorting out dinner.

    The others just burst out in a fit of giggles as they didn’t believe Cathleen’s reason for tagging along with Danielle and Tina. Penny and Kat already knew that Cathleen had liked the looks of Damon from their first meeting that morning when he’d dropped Tina off at the house and they arrived to pick the two of them up. Then Cathleen had asked Tina a load of questions about Damon while they ate lunch as well, so it wasn’t a big secret what she was planning.

    Dinner was soon ready, and everyone returned home from work so they all sat down to enjoy the meal. Danielle was nervous about how the others would react when they found out about Ken Douglas the child care worker, and what he had been planning to do with her, but her worries were proved wrong once Carl had explained what he’d managed to find out with the help of his lawyers. The whole family just looked glad that Brad had been around and was able to stop him getting away with his plans. Brad looked angry that he’d not just killed him like he wanted to, but Ann soon calmed him down by telling him off and saying she had nothing that would look good to wear while visiting him in prison.

    Danielle and the other children got the table cleared at the end of the meal and then they all got stuck in and cleaned up the kitchen before they all went off to spend the rest of the night listening to music, or playing video games. Danielle, Lianna and Lauren all ended up in Lianna’s room listening to music while they talked about Danielle’s day and also what to do about Charlie and his texts to Lianna saying he was a girl called Clare. Lianna explained to Lauren the minute they entered her room that she’d told Danielle about Charlie and Clare being the same person as far as she knew from the phone numbers being the same.

     “Are you sure that it was this Charlie that text you, and it wasn’t just some other students that stole his phone and then they text you instead?” Danielle asked as they lay on the bed with their feet hanging over the edge while looking up at the canopy over the bed.

     “I guess they could have, but he did seem to have a lot of questions to ask me in the library, and he does seem to act a lot like our mother said she did when at school.” Lianna agreed that Danielle could have a point.

     “I think we need to be careful how we deal with this.” Lauren warned. “If we try and force the point with Charlie, we will just scare him off, and I think he really needs a friend right now.” Lauren added with a sigh.

     “I was going to just let him see that we want to be his friends and help keep the other kids off his back, and hope he feels he can trust me with his secret, if he has one in the first place.” Lianna explained her plan.

     “You’ll have to work fast then, as we break up at the end of the week sis.” Lauren said looking worried about just how good her sister was at making friends, and the fact that Charlie was scared of his own shadow most the time and very untrusting of people being kind to him, with good reason given his history of being picked on.

     “I’m hoping that Jen and Jess can help, they do have some of their classes with him, and I’ll see him in the library when you have gym as well.” Lianna said as she started to work out a plan to help Charlie become their friend and also let him see that they can be trusted.

     “Are you going to tell them what you think Charlie is?” Danielle asked.

     “No, because I don’t know what he is, if he’s anything at all.” Lianna shrugged. “He may be like me, or just like dressing in his sisters clothes every now and then.” Lianna added.

     “Lianna had to sit with a friend of Nana Prue’s many times before they decided that she was really my sister.” Lauren explained to Danielle.

     “Why didn’t I have to do that then?” Danielle asked looking puzzled.

     “You were already a girl, and if they hadn’t done that surgery on you, then you’d have gotten very ill at some point.” Lianna said. “Then I’d have to spend even more time nursing you back to health.” Lianna added with a pout as she threw her arms around Danielle and hugged her.

     “Part of me wishes that you’d been like me, so you didn’t have to wait.” Danielle said as she looked Lianna in the eyes when they finished kissing.

     “I wish I’d been born a girl in the first place, but wishes never come true.” Lianna sighed.

     “Mine did.” Danielle grinned.

     “What did you wish for?” Lianna asked.

     “I wished for someone to love me, and for a family.” Danielle grinned even more. “And I got them both.” She added with a giggle just before she leaned in and kissed Lianna again.

    Lianna and Lauren couldn’t even imagine what Danielle’s life had been like growing up without a family like they had, but they both loved her very much, Lauren as a sister, and Lianna as a sister and hopefully one day a lover.

     “Are we everything you wished for sis?” Lauren finally asked Danielle when she stopped kissing Lianna.

     “Yes, and so much more.” Danielle replied in a dreamy voice.

    They all lay on the bed for a little bit longer, but then Lauren talked Danielle into giving them a fashion show, so they could see the new clothes she bought that day. They all ran down to Danielle’s room and then Lianna and Lauren crashed out on the bed and waited for Danielle to model each new outfit.


*****

    All the grownups were sat in the living room talking about what Carl had found out about the child care worker, and how none of them could even begin to understand why anyone could do such a thing.

     “Can we change the subject please?” Chrissy finally asked looking upset.

     “Sure, what do you want to talk about instead?” Carl asked.

     “Anything except what those animals do to children.” Chrissy shuddered. “Lianna asked me the other day about throwing a late birthday party for Danielle, what do you all think about throwing it this Sunday, and also making it an end of school party for them all at the same time?” Chrissy asked.

     “Do you mean get Danielle gifts?” Amy asked.

     “No, not a birthday party like that, more a party so she can see some of the new friends she’ll be making at school when she starts after the holidays.” Chrissy explained.

     “I like the sound of that, and it would give the other kids one last blow out session before they don’t see each other for six weeks.” Carl smiled as he already started making a mental list of things to get sorted out.

    Chrissy got nods from everyone, so it was decided that a party would be put on at the house the following Sunday.

     “We don’t have much time to get it all sorted out, and will the children be able to sort out with their friends to come in time?” Mandy asked.

     “With face book and texting, they will all know about it by lunchtime tomorrow.” Amber giggled.

     “We’ll tell the children at breakfast in the morning, and then they can all start spreading the word then.” Chrissy said as she grabbed a pad and pen off the coffee table and then started making a list of things they would need for Sunday.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope...

That Chalie is going to be invited.

Joshlyn Amanda

As far as security goes

Danielle should really be introduced to her protection so she knows how to continue to be protected. I still wonder if Ken's supervisor is in on it so Danielle should be cautious of possible enemies. An aware principal is a safe principal.

Kim