Kit and Kin 7

Printer-friendly version
tumblr_ly8kk58q9k1qhz96go2_500.jpg
Kit and Kin
 
by
poetheather

 
Takeshi Saito was a quiet student who kept his head down in Ravenscrest High School trying to get along. But strange things happen in this small town and the spotlight finds those who would rather hide. So Takeshi finds himself pulled from his happy geek corner to somewhere else, somewhere he is not sure of.

Just another day in Ravenscrest.

January 19

Takeshi walked over in front of his Sousobo, curled his tail under him, sat down on his haunches and said in a voice as calm as he could manage, “I am ready.”

The old woman looked down at the little vixen for a moment, as if measuring something and then nodded, satisfied. She looked over the other family members and said in that commanding voice, “Prepare.”

Takeshi’s eyes widened as the forms of her relatives sort of wavered and straightened, their faces pushing out into muzzles, ears pushing straight up from the top of their heads. They looked completely comfortable in the clothes they were wearing even though it was clear they were all this sort of strange fox — human hybrid with a very expressive face. In a way that was difficult to put into words, they looked like people who just happened to be foxes as well. The also had a different number of tails peeking out from under their yukatas or kimonos, from three to nine. His mother on the other hand was an entirely different matter.

She had a half human half fox form as well, but while his kasa’s family looked an easy mix of the two, this form was much more feral, much more beastial than the rest of the Saitos. She looked more powerful than the rest, with clearer muscle definition and bulk and her form seemed much more geared towards combat based on the way her hands looked claw like. His mother was definitely more a monster than the rest of her relatives and Takeshi’s breath caught in his lungs as for the first time in his life he feared his mother. She was even taller than she had been by at least a foot and a half and looked more than capable of tearing him to shreds with little effort, even with all of his training.

The visible differences between these two forms made something abundantly clear to Takeshi, something that had not really penetrated until that very moment, that Kitsune and werefoxes were not the same thing, not even remotely. They even felt different in addition to looking different. There was some sort of subtle energy that Takeshi could feel that was not the same between his mother and the other Saitos. It kind of reminded him of what he had felt off of that coyote in the woods and that worried him.

Once the rest of the family had transformed into their forms, they began to dance, slowly at first, but with growing speed. It was another somewhat traditional Japanese Temple Dance that was part of training and the reason for that was becoming clear now. They were also chanting in that language he had heard before but he could almost make words out now and it was very frustrating that he was still not able to make out any of the words. It was right there, at the edge of his perception, but just unable to connect. There was power there in both the words and the dance and the air was crackling with it, like the air before a summer storm.

Again Takeshi couldn’t move, held fast by some invisible force far stronger than him. Heat rushed through his body then cold, alternating, along with an electric current that seemed to grow in strength as it tore through his body causing his muscles to convulse. The fur on his body stood up, which felt very strange, almost so it prickled, and made him look very bizarre. The effects of the forces on his body made him start panting and the itching feeling crawled on the inside around the inside of his skin, pushing out. He was sick to his stomach and getting light headed, vertigo threatening to toss his meal everywhere. As the sound of the chanting barking growling yapping caterwauling yowling baying snarling crying shrieking grew discordant Takeshi got groggy, eyes barely able to stay open, and felt like he was trembling, ready to pitch over, though the energy held him fast.

Pain wracked his body again, and something within him contorted, shifting, growing taller, stretching, bones elongating with a surreal sensation of pulling taffy. Longer hair was growing from his head and it felt like more tails were growing from his backside. The feeling was very bizarre and his mind almost rebelled at the imput. His limbs did not feel right, as they were not set like a humans. Colors shifted as his eyes transformed again. He blinked a few times, swallowed heavily to keep from vomiting and then the world settled, solidified into place.

Before a new yukata was draped over his now narrower shoulders, he noted that he had a pair of nearly C cup breasts, with small areolae and nipples. He blinked a few times before it registered. He had breasts. They were covered in a mix of fine red fur on the outside and white fur on the inside but they were still clearly breasts. There was no denying the clearly mammalian shape they had and the way they pushed out the Yukata. Then there was also the continuing absence that had to be noted. None of this indicated that he had returned to his old form in any way or shape. Takeshi sighed in resignation as the silk was draped over him. He slid his arms in, belting it tight while saying, “So, I gather by the way I look that this means that my name is going to be Maeko now?”

His mothers rushed over to him and enveloped him in their arms. In a voice thick with emotion, his kasa said, “You are our daughter now. We will miss our son but we are happy that you are still with us.”

Her mom kissed Maeko on the cheek, which was actually more of a soft lick than anything else, and said sadly in a rougher voice than normal, “Welcome to the sisterhood. This isn’t what we wanted for you but we will do what we can to help you fit in.”

Maeko teared up a little at their words and hugged them back tightly, burying her face in their fur. “Thanks moms. This means a lot to me. I love you, both.”

“We love you too.”

As they hugged, Maeko heard his mom mutter something that confused her, “So that’s what she meant.”

Her great grandmother cleared her throat and said formally, “I welcome to the clan Maeko Saito, three tailed Kitsune. Your release from the bonds of childhood shows that you will indeed become a vixen to be reckoned with in time to come. To come forth with three tails at your age is rare. It is a sign of your family’s power and your personal power. This bodes well for your future. Now sit and listen to the history of your clan so that you might learn the ways of your people.”

The old woman gestured and one of her Uncles walked up, bowed to her and then faced Maeko. Seeing a fox face with glasses on it was a bit strange but Maeko was not going to snicker. That would be unseemly and make her look like an idiot. “Maeko Saito, the history of the Kitsune is ancient one. The Kitsune people are an old people, interacting with kami, kami-sama, fae, oni, spellcasters, drinkers of life, were tribes and humans freely. In Asia we were well known for our trickster ways and our power, having respect in all worlds. Our clan, the Saito, mostly lived in Japan, and is one of the clans who pledged their allegiance to the Goddess Inari, saying that we would not hurt humans, as they are at an unfair advantage against the rest of us. This we have done for a long time, both by watching over them and by teaching humans how to defend themselves in various ways.

Maeko was a bit shocked at that. Were the stories that she had learned as a kid, the legends of Japan, of spirits and heroes and demons and such true? Had this been another way the family had sought to teach without making things too obvious?

Her Uncle continued on. “We have also served mortal people and rulers of the country in our role as Ninja, working to provide protection and intelligence at various levels. The most recent ruler we served in Japan was the Tokagawa Shoganate as well as the Emperor. We still have Clan members in Japan but our branch of the family came to America in 1860 attached to the first Japanese Embassy. Our Clan, having fulfilled their obligation to the Shogun and having felt a calling towards a northern point, left Washington DC in 1865 and came here to Ravenscrest a short time later. We built our homes here and made our lives here, keeping to our ways in private while we blended our lives like the others in town. We made friends with many of the locals, including the McCormicks, with whom we felt a kinship, but that changed at the advent of World War Two.

Cutting her eyes over, Maeko noticed her mother grimaced at the mention of her family of origin. Were they really that bad? What had happened that had driven her mother away from her family? Now Maeko really wanted to know, as there seemed to be even more tied up into the family drama than she had previously thought. It made her parents romance seem much more Romeo and Juliet than Girl Gone Wild, which was actually only a little bit better.

“Much of our family was shipped off to the Heart Mountain internment camp in Wyoming though a few stayed to protect the compound and uphold our charge, as best as they could. Our businesses and homes in town were split up by the McCormicks and the Lockes and we lost a great deal of wealth. But it was the McCormicks who most abused our trust in this, using this to gain more wealth to put them in even stronger footing than they had been amongst the various Were families. They used our friendship as an excuse to buy short and try to cheat us out of our own. Our family has since regained much that we have lost through various means, to the chagrin to the McCormicks as you do not fight ninja, especially Kitsune ninja. It is folly to try. However, we hold our family’s sacred charge here, in Skogshaven and in California and we shall continue to do so as long as our Goddess Inari wishes us to do so.

Maeko blinked her eyes a few times as she tried to process this last bit. Was that really the short form of her family history? They had a job to do, given to them by a Goddess, the Goddess that this shrine was dedicated to? It kind of made her head spin and she was not quite sure how to react. But first things first, “Uhm Uncle, what job is that?”

The grin he returned to her was a touch unnerving and he winked at her before answering. “We serve as a liaison between the Fae courts and the other Unseen, such as Witchs, Weres, Vampires and the like. At times, we also do this between them and humans. Because Kitsune live comfortably in both worlds and we like both humans, the Unseen and the Fae, we are the natural people to talk to each side.”

“We’re diplomats?” asked a confused Maeko.

“Kind of. That is one way of looking at our job but we do more than just that. We also try to protect people from any of the Fae that decide that the mortals look like easy prey, which can include the Unseen. That part is more difficult, but we Kitsune are powerful, never doubt that.”

Maeko looked at the faces of the adults as if trying to find an answer there and then blinked a few times. She finally just said, “Okay. So kind of like the UN then. Right. Well… outside of the fairytales, what can Kitsune do?”

The adults laughed, clearly amused by this question. His Aunt Chiharu decided to answer that one, saying, “Well, we can naturally turn invisible, reduce our weight, and become incorporeal. We all have a degree of shapeshifting ability, though it varies as to how much you actually have. Some can only change minor things about themselves while others can completely alter their form. And we can all do magic.”

“Magic?” Maeko was clearly incredulous.

“Yes. It is closer to Fae magic than Witches magic to be sure, but it is magic none the less.”

“Wait… what? I don’t get that. Magic is magic right? There’s a difference?”

“Yes Maeko, there is.” replied Chiharu. “There is always a cost with magic, but the cost for Witches is a bit graver than the cost for Fae. Since they are mortal and do not have as easy an access to energy as any of the Fae do, their cost is time off their life. If they are willing to pay the cost they can do most anything, so it does not pay to cross them, because a determined witch will cut off a lot of her life just to ensure you pay. But Fae, they cast their magic off their individual source of power. If they cast too much it can drain and they will die but it can also replenish over time. Very powerful Fae who have built up their magical power can cast some very powerful spells that are difficult to counter. With Kitsune, an indication of magical power is number of tails.”

Maeko’s eyes were a bit wide as she took this all in. “Right, so magic is pretty crazy.”

“Very true. It also takes a while to learn. We will start you on simple things like basic warding, light, things like that, some of it will come naturally, some won’t.” She said with a smile, reaching over to pat her shoulder. “I am sure you will do fine.”

“Am I going to meet some of these witches and other Unseen?” asked Maeko, a little bit worried about where some of this could be leading her. It all sounded so overwhelming right now that she kind of wanted to crawl into bed and cry.

His Sousobo shook her head. “No, not yet. That will happen in due time as you take up the sacred charge of the Goddess. However, we have other introductions to make first.”

Maeko shook her head and asked, “To whom?”

“The Fae.”

She goggled some and replied quietly, “Oh.”

“Remember to be polite.” Her great grandmother teased.

The same Uncle who had opened the small door for her stood and moved to another section of the wall. He undid some latches, waved his hands in a strange pattern a few times and then slid open a different section of wall. Her Sousobo then called out something that did not sound like Japanese at all and it threw Maeko. She called it out a second time and then a third.

The air shimmered like the air above hot asphalt in the summer, wet and almost tangible. Then a man, tall but strongly muscled and dressed for a Rennasaince Faire, with dark black hair and a well groomed goatee and moustache stepped through with a familiar little fairy fluttering next to him. Following behind him was a similarly dressed woman with white blond hair and a gentle smile gracing her lips. The man scanned the room quickly, caught eyes with his Sousobo and spoke with a very deep and warm voice, “Ah, Countess Saito, another of your kin has come of age I see.”

His great grandmother bowed formally and smiled at the man. “Yes your Grace. Allow me to introduce my great granddaughter, Maeko Saito. Maeko, let me introduce his Grace, Duke Corvalis and his lovely wife, Duchess Naethien.”

Maeko was unsure if she should bow or curtsey and so ended up with this awkward mix of the two. The blond Fae laughed lightly, a sound that Maeko was sure she had never heard before, as the laugh was far too light to be regular laughter that humans made. The Duchess commented, saying, “I see she is one of the many in the valley who has changed with their coming of age.”

“Yes your Grace, she is nonetheless adapting fairly well so far. Her mothers were the ones who had the greatest trouble with this change.” commented her Sousobo with a slight chuckle.

The Duchess cut her eyes over to her mothers, who colored under the intense blue eyed gaze that seemed to hold a great deal of humor. “Really now? Your lovely daughter Amane and the fierce Grace McCormick troubled by gaining a daughter? That had to have been a sight to see.”

“We were pleased by our son, your Grace. This change came as a terrible shock.” replied her kasa calmly. Maeko’s mother however seemed to be trembling slightly under the gaze.

The Duchess walked closer to her mother while the little fairy flew over to Maeko. While the Duchess was leaning down and talking softly to her mother, the creature was fluttering in front of her saying, “You’re no longer a fox!”

Maeko frowned, having wanted to listen to what the Duchess was saying, and simply said, “Yes.”

“That’s okay. You look good this way too. You know… your ears still kind of look the same.”

Her mother had stopped shaking and was now smiling softly, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes. Maeko was a bit concerned but this little thing was still in the way and clearly wanted all of her attention. “I’m a pixie.”

“Pleased to meet you. I’m Maeko.”

“I’m Pepper. You’re really pretty.” stated the pixie, embarrassing the teenager.

The Duchess cleared her voice and the pixie started. She then bowed her head and flew over next to her blond haired woman, replying to the unspoken command in a flat tone, “Yes your Grace.”

Shaking his head in obvious amusement at the pixies actions, the Duke chuckled, “So you will be the newest kitsune to attempt to reconnect our two worlds? I would not desire to share in such a task young one as it is quite daunting. While there are some of the Coven who know of us but most in this don’t know of us. Through various mishaps we have become disconnected with the others in the valley and that might prove to be ill. It is only the Well of Orin that we share now and nothing else. Recent actions in the town have worried us and we cannot just let some of these powers move through this valley. That needs to change.”

“Wha… what can I do?” nervously asked Maeko.

The Duchess spoke up, smiling at her in a way that warmed her heart. “Make friends among the other Unseen. There are times coming when the ability to pull together would serve us all well. And when you feel you can trust those friends, let them pierce the glamour and see with clear eyes.”

The Duke nodded and added, “You are not the first Kitsune in this valley to have this task. This is difficult and we acknowledge that. We just ask that you try. So, Maeko, are you willing to try?”

Maeko swallowed heavily as she thought about what was being asked, trying to fix this problem that others had failed to fix, presumably including her haha. What made it likely that she could succeed where the others had not, where her haha had not? She was not any more skilled than them?

But then again, what did she know about all of this? For all she knew conditions might have changed since the others had tried. But how was she going to find these people and when she did, how was she going to make friends with them? She had trouble making friends with the girl she loved now. What the hell chance did she really have with new people?

But then again, could she really say no to this task? It went along with the charge her family was given by Inari only a bit more specific. She really had no choice did she? “Yes your Grace. I am willing to try.”

The Duke grinned broadly, clearly delighted by this answer. “Excellent. We will have Pepper here watch over you and report occasionally on your headway. The Countess will also report on your progress, if you do not mind Lady Saito, so we have a full picture of what is going on.”

“Not at all Duke Corvalis.” Her Sousobo replied in that calm manner of hers. Maeko felt slightly trapped but was aware that there really was nothing that could be done. She smiled and bowed.

“Excellent. Well then, take care. Lady Saito. Maeko. Good Luck!” The two Nobles walked into the shimmering barrier and then vanished.

As the doorway was being closed, Maeko sort blinked as she tried to process everything. This was really heavy. Something light rested on her head and she rolled her eyes upwards, as if they would be able to see what was there. They were not. She asked curiously, “Pepper?”

“Yeah?” came a tiny voice from above.

Maeko didn’t say anything, resigned to having a tiny pixie on her head while she just sort of walked over to her parents who took her into their arms and hugged her. Her haha brushed one hand up and down her back, saying comfortingly, “There, there love, it will all be okay.”

Maeko closed her eyes, unsure how it could ever be okay again.

up
204 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Got to love those pixies

Pixies just want to have fun.

And that is still the cutest picture of a fox I have ever seen.

They do tend to be rather

They do tend to be rather chipper.

And that is a happy fox.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

happy chipper c

What kind of trouble can a kitsune, a pixie, a trouble-making vamp, and Coyote herself get into?

I have no idea what you are

I have no idea what you are talking about... blink blink blink...

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Trouble?

Drakira's picture

Trouble just seems to follow any and all weres around. The only question is, what shape it will take? And all this new were stuff will definitely give Mikaela a headache to deal with, provided that her life isn't still tossed upside down when this is taking place.

Drakira

Oh yeah... because she does

Oh yeah... because she does count as a Were as well. Just wait until we get into more of the McC family history.

Poor Mikaela... she's going to need a vacation after all of this.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Who's to say...?

Drakira's picture

Who's to say that Mikaela didn't go home for Winter Break? We only know what she's up to in October. But, as to the McCormick family history, Mikaela's got an archive for that, ;).

Drakira

Well, at this point classes

Well, at this point classes will have started again, so she could be back here. ;)

And the archive would certainly let her know who did what tho whom for how many cookies.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Well...

Drakira's picture

Well, that's also assuming that she hasn't learned any new tricks as well. She could've learned a great deal between October and January, too. And maybe have found something pertaining to other Unseen as well?

Drakira

That is quite true. Who know

That is quite true. Who know what crazy lore-istic tricks she could have learned? She could have even learned how to file things in a manner that does not require magic to find things. ;)

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Well, there's that and then....

Drakira's picture

Well, there's that and then she might have learned some other stuff as well. Maybe some things that will make her a formidable opponent? Besides, I also have a few plot twists up my sleeve.

Drakira

True that. I am looking to

True that. I am looking to more of her adventure as well and it will be fun to see these two interact.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

No, the question is "What

No, the question is "What trouble can't they get in to"


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

All of it?

All of it?

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

With that may weres, you

With that may weres, you can't even use the excuse "They're too far apart to get into both at the same time!"


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

LOL... that is so true. Oh

LOL... that is so true. Oh the chaos that is about to descend...

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Pepper

Why do I get the impression that having a pixie as a sidekick is going to be a mixed blessing?

I'm looking forward to the fun that is sure to be coming. Maeko and Pepper are sure to be an interesting team.

And... we have the trickster kitsune along with Coyote herself. I can't wait! Ravenscrest is about to become even more interesting. What trouble will those three precipitate? Or will it be four? Adding a certain vampire to the mix will be interesting.

Could it be anything but a

Could it be anything but a mixed blessing?

And just imagine the kind of trouble that Maeko can get into? There is a certain Coyote bound to be involved so Ravenscrest is going to get a good bit more interesting.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Hum... does that mean she is Pixilated?

-- snicker --

WHAT?

None of you ever watched Mr. Deeds Goes to Town?

Not a Gary Cooper fan?

Heathens!

BTW VERY curious to see what her human form is. I assume it will be female. But as a part kitsune can she glamour that and appear as her male self on occasion.

Hum? Was he ever in gym class? If no one ever saw him naked SHE might get away with the good old "I was tomboy but since THESE grew -- points to her now perky breasts -- I had to grow up and become a girl," excuse.

Or something like that.

Mind you in THIS town Godzila could walk down the street singing a tune from the Barney TV show and hardly be noticed.

John in Wauwatosa

funny-pictures-history-if-youre-happy-and-you-know-it-clap-your-hands.jpg

John in Wauwatosa

Hey... I am a Gary Cooper

Hey... I am a Gary Cooper fan. That was a good film. The remake was okay but not as charming as the original. And in terms of Pixilation... probably. :)

As for her human form, it will be seen next chapter. And why wouldn't he have been in gym class? I mean he had a year and a half there in which to have it, and in that time someone would have seen him without his shirt. Add in swimming and such and the odds are that someone would call BS on that particular story.

But never fear, a cover will be had and I think you will all agree that Kitsune don't play.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Tricks

Seems the easiest approach would be if any of his family could appear to be him, so that they could both be seen at the same time. If this happened there would be not problem with someone making a connection between old male self and new female self. Would likely be the kind of trick the town thing that kitsume's are known for enjoying.

That is very true. It would

That is very true. It would be a nice trick and certainly confound most everyone.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

That's a heavy

responsibility to lay on someone, much less a new someone, in so many ways. This should be a wild ride.

It is a lot to lay on anyone.

It is a lot to lay on anyone. We shall see if she is able to handle the burden.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Kit and Kin 7

WOW! I bet that Takeshi/Maeko never thought that this wold be her future. But can Takeshi/Maeko morph into Takeshi and Maeko, or just one?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ravencrest pixies!

So after Elsbeth's given us several glimpses into what the pixies over in Skogshaven get up to, it looks as though we're now going to get glimpses of the Ravencrest tribe (well, one member at least!). Meanwhile, there's another parallel in that liaising between Fae, Unseen and Norms while trying to keep all three sets coexisting peacefully (plus eliminating threats) sounds broadly similar to the Ravencrest equivalent of Skogshaven's Adjudicator (IIRC the role Morgan is tasked with over there).

In other news, Takeshi / Maeko has now experienced full fox and hybrid forms, so presumably next time she'll get to see her new human form for the first time - closely followed by the setting up of the obligatory cover story, which while it will inevitably be bought by all the Norms, may not be bought by some of the Unseen clans (i.e. the ones that are intimitely familiar with the exact same cover story!)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

There is a difference between

There is a difference between the Adjudicator and the role of the Kitsune. The Kitsune (and only those allied to Inari) try to do this subtly and in a manner that guarantees the privacy of most of the others, but occasionally the do marry humans or others, because of love. Because that's the way they roll. This may be their sacred charge but they also tend to like doing it, because they also can prank others at the same time.

And yes, next chapter is the pragmatic chapter where all the mundane things have to be dealt with. The cover story should be fun and all of that. As for who buys it and who doesn't... we shall see.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Then again, Ninja can put

Then again, Ninja can put together cover stories in a way that the others can't. Training can be a scary thing in that respect. Just wait. :)

Now the real question is not can they construct a cover story, but can Maeko pull it off.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

heh

The cover story is that she has always been a girl, and was just pretending to be male. She had to give it up because her boobs were growing and binding them was too much of a pain.

[snicker]

I am unsure if anyone would

I am unsure if anyone would buy that as she has already done a year and a half of gym with the guys. That would make selling that story a lot more difficult to pull off. I mean, his body has been seen and trying to say it hasn't would be a trick. They might go for something a touch more plausible.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Simple

The simplest cover story would be one of the biggest TG fiction tropes, namely that Maeko != Takeshi. Takeshi fell ill or was recruited to an emergency McGuffin hunt, while his long-lost cousin Maeko suddenly expressed a desire to move to Ravencrest...

Added onto which, if that's the cover story then if Maeko no longer has to hide her athletic prowess or put up with bullying (well, the gender flip may in itself help with that), it will add weight to the cover.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Simple cover stories are used

Simple cover stories are used for a reason, because they can be believed easily by others. Things like that are tropes, not because they are bad, but because they are easy. The difference between a good lie and a bad lie is often the complexity. Good lies need to be complex enough to cover the bases yet simple enough to be believed. Bad lies are often too outlandish or too complex. They fall apart too easily. That trope stands up well, because it is a good lie at the heart of it.

The believability of the story rests on the supporting details. That is where good lies often fall down, insufficient support. So there needs to be details that make the story believable, make it ring true to others. That is where the magic of a good lie is, the details. If you add too many, you slip into a bad lie due to too much complexity but too few means there are gaps that will attract attention. All the fun and games of creating both a convincing lie and a cover identity.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Sheldon anyone?

Drakira's picture

Why does that sound like any lie that Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory tries to concoct?

Drakira

I believe that you are

I believe that you are familiar with this concept then.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Uhh...

Well THAT esclated quickly... lol. I see that big things are in the works then. Good to know Heather. Please kee pup the good work with K&K here. ^_^

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Heather never babies her characters ..

... even when they still are kinda babies in a way especially in this case. Consequently I am not surprised at how fast Maeko's situation has escalated. I do not know where Heather gets this endless supply of buses she throws her characters under ;)

As for Maeko's life, she will be in for it soon enough.

Kim

Well, there was a sale by the

Well, there was a sale by the Kenivel estate and I got a great deal... just kidding... or am I...?

And yes, Maeko will be in for it soon enough.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

I thought that was you

I saw over by those things. Good thing I stocked up when I did then. :P

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Probably. The deal was just

Probably. The deal was just too good to pass up. I had to buy them all.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Yay Pixies

Elsbeth's picture

Lovely, anyway good story. Adjudicator is different, beside having the power of the Summer Court behind her, Morgans responsibilities go beyond Skoghaven. Because of the Woods its a very important place, however she does a lot of traveling. Looking forward to the next chapter.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Yes, Morgan is very different

Yes, Morgan is very different from Maeko (bloodlines not withstanding). They have completely different jobs they have to do and for different reasons. The motives of the Summer Court would occasionally mean that the Kitsune have to work against them. It's part of their agreement with Inari. Thankfully that does not happen often of things could get ugly.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

yet another nice chapter....

The stories really starting to takes shape, and as fantastic as this all seems, it's Just another day in Ravenscrest! looking forward to more. (Hugs) Taarpa

Thanks. I'll get more up as I

Thanks. I'll get more up as I can get to it.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Trouble

There is going to be some serious trouble.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna