Belle of the ball 16

Printer-friendly version

I can't believe how hard this is.

Did you know that women walk by moving their hips side to side while guys walk more by doing the same with their shoulders? I didn't and walking with a book on my head while having some teacher follow me holding my shoulders killed my thigh muscles something fierce. I got it but it took me far longer than anyone else in class. And the book still falls down. It's not anywhere easy as it looks trust me.

My natural walk was moving more of my whole body than just either my shoulders or waist. And to think next week they want us to try this in heels! Yuck! Part of the class was training in how to speak too. Now that I was good at..sort of. I got into a bit of trouble when I mimicked Ms Bain. Half the class was in fits of suppressed giggles. Ms. Bain was NOT amused hence the walking lesson.

I think come hell or highwater, where does that saying come from, she is bound and determined to make a lady out of me by months end. Id rather peel onions than do this stuff. I'm a guy for crying out loud! Still some of it was interesting though. The speaking infront of a crowd that is next week should come in handy. By the time class ended I was sore but according to Ms. Bain I walked less like a scurvy seadog and more like a young woman. I think she watches too much Pirates of the Caribbean.

Was I ever glad to see mom walk in at the end of class. She just stood their watching me make a fool of myself. I kept hoping she was here to rescue me from the evil clutches of deportment class. Ms. Bain and Mom did chat for a bit though while I was walking with the stupid book. When the teacher finally signaled class was at an end and we all curtsied we were allowed to leave.

When I walked up to mom she had this look on her face. It was a look I had never seen before. I'll try to describe it. Her face was tilted just a bit to the side and she had her eyes squinted while her face had a hint of a smile to it. It was like she glowed somehow. When I walked up to her she wrapped me in a hug that was a little tight.

"Belle you make me so proud." She whispered in my ear.

"Okay mom can you let me breath please!"

"Sorry honey. It's just.. Oh nevermind!" and she put one of her hands to the side of my face. She actually had some tears in her eyes. This was starting to get me worried.

"Can we go mom?" I asked while trying to not hop up and down on my feet I really really wanted to get out of the whole Belle outfit. The walk to the car didn't take all that long and I started to get in foot first as usual when mom stopped me.

"Belle a young lady sits first and pulls her feet in with her legs together so as not to show her panties." I really shouldn't have but I grinned from ear to ear and got in just like normal. Mom just shook her head.

"Belle.."

"I'm Bill remember mom." she looked at me and nodded her head. She was a little disappointed when I said that not much but the hint of a smile was gone.

With my legs together and the skirt giving me a minor wedgie we started the drive home. She didn't speak to me until we got to the stop light.

"Bill. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have but seeing you as Belle in a deportment class with other girls also dressed in the same school uniform was very touching for me. It made me so proud to see my daughter in a school that I could only dream of when I was a young girl."

"But I'm your son, mom, not your daughter."

"I know and that is what makes this so difficult. Still I'm very proud of you for behaving in the class. Please don't mind me but I'd like it if I could take a picture of you with the girls in your deportment class." She had this faraway look on her face again.

"Yeah whatever mom." As if I didn't have enough problems. Speaking of problems I looked at mom and wondered if now was the best time to talk about Jason. Perhaps not. For the rest of the ride home I mentally review possible ways of bring up Jason and what he had asked. I knew I was far and away out of my depth with him and needed the advice.

Without thinking as we parked in the driveway I got out in a reversal of what mom had tried to get me to do the first time. It wasn't until I saw the smile on her face that I realized what I had done without thinking about it. Nor did I notice how I was walking by swinging my hips. After we got inside I kicked off my shoes and ran upstairs as fast as I could. Once in my room off the blouse and skirt came as fast as I could do it. I hadn't worn the sweater that day.

Dressed in a pair of comfy old sweatpants with a few stains here and there from grease or paint and an old one piece hoodie I went downstairs to supper. It was not till I noticed dads look that I looked down and realized that I had sat with my legs together and back straight while on the edge of the chair.

"Sorry" and I changed to my normal open legged slouched position. It felt wrong to do that and I can't explain why. Mom gave me a look as I put my arms on the table though so that I was still not allowed to do. Sam was amused in her wheelchair but said nothing and we had supper. I did on occasion slide to the side of my chair knees together to help Sam cut her tofu and pour some of the gravy onto it. We did our usual Grace and ate in mostly silence before Mom and dad started the usual chat about work. Things had returned to normal and I was happy. I was Bill at the supper table not Belle even though my bra poked out my breasts I was still Bill.

"Mom what did Ms Bain ask you?" I said while eating my tofu steak.

"Who is Ms. Bain oh you mean Ms Barnes. That's not a nice thing to say about her Bill you should be ashamed of yourself." I would have been if dad didn't start choking on his milk as he got the joke. Mom gave him the look.

"Your not helping Dan! Nor you young lady!"I saw that Sam was trying hard to not laugh as she was shaking.

"Sorry hun but what Bill said was kinda cute. Ehemmm so you were saying she asked you.." Trust dad to diffuse mom. I took my knife and tried to cut some more steak for Sam. So I missed any facial expressions mom might have had.

"Well.. she asked if I would give my permission to have Belle attend a charity fundraiser for the children's ward of the hospital on Thursday."

"That doesn't sound to bad it would be a good experience for Bill.." dad started to say.

"As a maid." mom finished. In my shock I knocked over Sams glass of water a bit and it splashed on the table and dripped down on her lap so she hastily used a napkin to soak it up. Dad stopped chewing his steak and swallowed audibly. I don't think he chewed it much.

"But mom I'm a guy."

"Sally Bill is a boy" We said at almost the same time.

"I know I know" mom said " She explained how they could use the help as more parents had accepted than she had anticipated. Your partly to blame for that apparently Bill." I looked guilty at that.

"But he's a boy Sally." dad repeated himself. His fork still had a piece of steak on it but it wasn't moving.

"Yes but I was thinking that maybe he could help out some other way and not as a maid."

"Oh like a butler maybe" Sam chirped up. I liked the idea immediately of being a suave butler that was clearly a guy.

"Yes... that would work he would be able to help. Do you think she will go for it Sally."

"I think so Dan. Hold on I got the form in my purse with her phone number." Mom got up and rummaged in her purse for a piece of paper and took the handheld off the charger before returning to the table. We all waited anxiously as mom dialed and waited for the rings. I took a little before she started.

"Hi Ms Bai...rnes" Mom gave me a dirty look" Its Sally Thorne calling. Hope I didn't catch you at a bad time. Oh yes Belle's mother. Yes Yes fine thank you. Actually we were just talking... Oh I see well we were wondering if it was possible for Bill to be a butler instead. Oh I see. Okay I'll be right here. No it shouldn't be a trouble we were not planing on going anywhere tonight. Thank you. " and she pressed the button to hang up.

"She is going to see if she can get a hold of the costumers who are providing the uniforms for Thursday and see if they have a butler costume as well. She will phone back."

"Very well. About time we started to put our foot down on this Belle nonsense." And that was the end of the matter as far as dad was concerned. I ate the rest of my supper in silence as I was worried that I might have to wear some maid uniform as a girl. We were well into the strawberry shortcake desert mom had gotten earlier when the phone rang. Mom picked it up and was silent for a bit.

"Yes.. I see .. Well yes Bill has breasts but .. Oh yes I can see how that might .. alright would tomorrow be...oh I see I believe we have a fax machine here somewhere ... alright I'll get them to you as soon as we can then. Thanks again. We would love to its for charity after all thank you."

"Well" I asked dad gave me a look I think he wanted to say it first.

"She can get a butlers uniform for you but she needs your measurements tonight as they will have to alter it. The maid's uniforms are mostly for size but the butler requires a bit more to fit she says."

"See Bill all you have to do is put your foot down and be a man." Dad says with a grin. I hope he is right. But... doesn't seem like I have all that much luck lately. Still its for the children's ward.

Taking my measurements was easy really mom used her measuring tape on me to fill out the form that Ms Bain had given her. It took awhile as there was a lot of measurements on the form. After I was done mom made me a bubble bath. I had not had one since I was a kid and for some reason I really enjoyed it. Mom even came in to wash my hair, I didn't need her help and I splashed her playfully. She returned the splash and after a small water fight in the bathroom we were both wet and laughing. All my tension of the day had gone. How do mothers do that anyways they just know what to do. Once I finished washing up, it didn't take me long, I helped her dry the floor.

Mom followed me into my room after she changed into her bathrobe and had me sit on my bed while she played with my hair and a brush. It felt nice and I really relaxed for the first time in days.

"Feel better kiddo?" She asked me.

"Yes mom I do thanks" I gave her a hug before she tucked me into bed in my borrowed sleep shirt. It's not a nightie.

"Your welcome sleep well sweetheart. I'm so proud of you." she said as she flipped off the light and closed my door.

I went to sleep that night with a smile on my face as I thought about how this might help poor Bethany. My dreams were filled with a small running girl with pigtails holding my hand.

For some reason I was in that darn golden dress and couldn't find my pants.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I say, keep'm coming! ^^ I

I say, keep'm coming! ^^

I don't mind the frequent updates, since I do enjoy the story very much. :--)

I do wonder what's going to happen with his butler outfit... The way the story is going, He will either end up as a maid or look like a female butler... I do hope you'll give him a break sometime. I'm surprised he hasn't gone insane yet ^^', Poor Bill...

Does the mother actually believe Bill is a boy? Because I have the feeling she thinks he's just in denial.

Sam is confusing as well. She said she believes Bill, but she doesn't really do anything to help him be seen as a boy, on the contrary she playfully puts make up on him that doesn't get off that easily...

I'm actually hoping BELLE really is in denial, because then it doesn't seem all that cruell.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Well the denial angle is well known of course

... and yes it would be less cruel if that were so. It can go a few ways of course, one of which being certain kinds of accidents, medical condition etc that would make staying as Bill problematic. A more nuanced reason for Belle to continue to exist without destroying all of Bill so to speak would be a salutary outcome.

Becoming a crossdresser is a possibility as well has staying in-between are other possibilities, anything short of full SRS as he does not seem to not have a problem with 'Little Bill'. So, that means, that some kind of 'non-op' option sounds like the fairest outcome for Bill, if we want to keep any T element in our protagonist at the end of the story. There as a strong element of femininity to him though, but as it turns out it is not in how he walks. So, why do people perceive him as being so girly then if he walks like a sailor or so Ms Bain (er Barnes) says.

I agree with John of W though (I think I will shorten that to JOW in future :) ) that his mother is not helping things as she really should support him by at least not calling him 'Belle'. Also, I repeat, an informal meeting, preferably at school that should only take 5 minutes should be sufficient, with no 'dressing up'. After all if Belle/Bill is a boy, as vouched for by his mother, than the issue of pregnancy is finished.

Well, we'll see how it goes but I detest the idea that Bill somehow gets forced to date a boy or somehow comes about to like boys since he is not oriented that way and that takes even more away from his core identity.

Kim

A female butler

WillowD's picture

Yup. I have no idea how Tels is going to create a female butler uniform for the story, but that is what I see happening. And I'm sure that having a massive number of measurements is part of it. I suspect the female butler uniform is going to be custom made.

I am so loving the comedy of errors in this story.

A fun read

I agree with Sara S.....Keep 'em coming!
Although, I'm not so worried about his going insane or perceived cruelty.

I imagine that the butlers costume will be fitted very well...and that he'll look like a girl in a butlers costume. Butlerette.

Of course, the meeting with Jason's aunt will spiral out of control. Maybe being accused of an abortion?

This is a fun read.

Dance the dream you're in

EXCUSSSSSE ME!

Why didn't mother point pout politely but firmly her child, the one Ms BAIN is trying to force to be a young woman, is in fact a male , biogocally and mentally so who wishes to remain male despite what self appointed do-gooders think is best formHER.

She should have X'ed the charity event on it's face and now with the, "need" to tailor the butler costume . I'd say GET LOST to her. And get HIM out of a woman's deportment class.

And end the unisex bathrooom crap.

This is going on far too long and sad to say much of it IS mom.

If she doesn't stand by her child it is time Bill call her by her given name and not mom ot mother. She is not deserving of that honor.

ACK! Another two steps forward THREE steps back chapter or so I fear for Bill.

And I agree, unless a second medical opinion is needed, AKA Bill is a chimera?, it would have been easier for him if he WAS intersex or had some medical reason to become or in fact was female. But Bill sure seems to be Bill, other than his androgenous shape and ability to pull off being a girl perfectly. Bill needs help ASAP or he is in for an unhappy life a Belle.

And Jasoin and his idiot aunt can sit and spin on it!

-- GRIN --

EVIL tels TM

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Belle of the ball 16

Why do I get the idea that Miss Barnes will draft Belle into being a mad, even if there is a butler's outfit available?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Belle of the ball 16

Elsbeth's picture

*sigh* poor Bill. I think its going to be a butler outfit, however it will be very feminine. Keep the story coming, enjoying the read.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Cola & popcorn for everyone...

We're all in this for the LONG HAUL! I think Tels is taking her cola in an IV. LOL I'm in agreement though, Moms got to put this fantasy of Belle away if Bill's even going to have a chance at remaining a boy. IMHO, Belle's never going away, totally anyway. Auntie Drea having not scene Little Jaci all day walks down the hall and peaks in Jaci's room and see's this hugh bowl of popcorn, candy wrappers on the floor next to the waste basket, and the biggest bottle of cola you ever saw with a sippy straw, sitting next to Barbie. Jaci never hears her Auntie peak in as she's furiously tapping on Barbie's keys! Auntie Drea sighs, closes the door and walks back to the kitchen thinking to herself, with that much passion what ever she's writing has got to be good! (Hugs) Taarpa

it would be

A bottle of juice. Tante Drea doesn't allow the girls to drink cola.

Killer Mom

I think this whole mess that has been made of Bill's life would mostly go away if not for his mother putting him back into these situations. She puts him in dresses, deportment class, and an endless series of charity events as Belle, she doesn't want a son she wants another daughter. And Bill's dad is only weakly resisting the lost of his son to his wife's actions. Mom will have her way over male Bill's dying body.

And your point is?

Jill Johnson's picture

I don't know if you get it but......that's the point, (of the story). Oh yeah, and last time I looked 100 people liked it.

Jill

Belle

I really love all your stories and no matter what anyone say please keep writing them long may your muse shine

Can