How I became Dawn 2

Printer-friendly version

Well as you can see this is not just one event but also several. I will go back though the years as I go along this way you get the whole picture of the who I am. If you are wondering as to what year, this is let me tell you. The events in this tale for the most part are centered in 1985. You see at the time we were living in base housing, which in the nature of things has built in friendships. When people leave the service of their country they have to find new homes. As with all things this is not as easy as it sounds. For there are several factors involved in this alone being a child does count against one in this regard. Alas, that was not the only factor in this move of ours. You see that Mom’s father had called and ask her to find a place that they come and stay as well.

With both of the folk’s working it was us children that got the job of cooking and caring for the house. Now the chores were basic ones. Everyone has them to some degree but we had to them to spec. which was alright. Now with two sisters in the place you would think that all I had to do was take care of the outside stuff. WRONG it seems that my older sister could not cook and the younger one well was a tomboy. Therefore, I was a 7th grade homemaker. Which in a way was good and, in away bad.

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wish I had had those chores to do, instead of shoveling the

sidewalk and mowing the grass when I was 9 and 10 years old. Anyway, Dawn, these little chapters may be short, but they say quite a bit, and are defining who you have become. I am finding this story very interesting.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

How I became Dawn 2

So, you learned domestic skills, early, huh?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Dawn

Renee_Heart2's picture

Well in your orginal stroy it was a rainy day in 1982 that Barbra has taken up for you. Dawn is about ready to start the 6th grade, & there was no mention of siblings. This is an intresting story but slightly confusing I must say.

Love Samantha Renee Heart