Lipstick And Lead Part 09

Printer-friendly version

 © August 2012


Part Nine of Eleven

Chapter Nine: The Trap

    Nicole had a good view of Damon Gunn’s men getting set up to shoot her as soon as she showed in the warehouse she’d told Brad Lockwood to meet her at, but she had no plan to show up, but she did plan on taking out some of her competition. Nicole noticed that Brad Lockwood was stood with Damon, while the two guys that almost found Samantha and Sara at the mall, they were hiding close to the place they were all expecting Nicole to enter through.

    Damon Gunn looked at his watch as if to let Brad know he wasn’t happy to be kept waiting by this woman responsible for shooting his son. He was just about to ask Brad where she was when they heard a phone ring. Brad worked out where the cell phone was, and he picked it up and answered it.

     “This wasn’t the sort of meeting I thought you wanted, you bitch!” Brad snarled into the phone just before Damon snatched the cell phone out of his hand.

     “Are you the one who shot my son?” Damon asked in a calm voice.

     “Yes, and I will keep shooting him if you don’t cancel the contract you have for the death of Samantha Kaye and her son.” Nicole said sounding just as calm.

     “You dare shoot my son and then order me to do as you say?” Damon asked as he tried to remain calm, but Nicole could see he was getting red faced as he tried to keep that calm in his voice.

    Nicole smiled an evil smile as she watched two figures moving among the machines and crates stored in the warehouse as they started taking out Damon’s and Brad’s men. Nicole knew the two figures to be Athena and Viper. The two of them had met while on a mission going after the same target. Nicole heard through the grape vine that they had killed the target and then got married right after.

     ‘They do work well together.’ Nicole thought to herself as she watched how quickly they worked their way around Damon’s and the two men Brad had working for him.

    Both Athena and Viper were experts with knives and guns, just like Nicole was. Nicole had had run ins with both of them in the past, and she had left them both with scars to prove it, which is the reason for the two of them now taking out Damon’s men so they could spring their own trap on the ice princess when she showed up, but Nicole had already planned for this and was waiting for them to turn up so she could kill the two of them and then take out Damon and Brad.

    Nicole took aim with her rifle and smiled as she saw the scar across Viper’s left cheek. The scar that she’d left him with after a knife fight that Nicole came out on top of because Viper thought he was the better fighter because he was a man, a mistake that he was now reminded of every time he looked in the mirror, or the woman he loved looked at him, just like he was reminded of the ice princess every time he looked at his wife, Athena. Nicole had slashed Athena down her right cheek, as a reminder to her that the ice princess was the better assassin.

     ‘Till death do you part, Viper.’ Nicole thought as she squeezed the trigger and a shot rang out and blew Viper’s head apart.

     Nicole turned the sniper sight on Athena just in time to see her look over and watch her husband fall to the ground dead. Nicole took aim at Athena, but so did Brad when he heard a woman scream out the name ‘Viper’. Brad taking a shot at Athena caused Nicole to miss due to Athena moving because of Brad’s poor aim.

    Athena made her escape in a shower of gunfire, and Nicole couldn’t get a clean shot, so she had to let her get away for now. Athena looked like she’d been hit by one of the shots Brad had fired, so she’d be looking for a doctor before she returned.

    Brad Lockwood and Damon Gunn had taken cover behind some large crates, both of them with guns drawn ready for action. Nicole looked through the sniper scope on her rifle, she saw that Damon still had the cell phone in his hand, so she redialled the number and waited for him to answer.

     “See what you get when you try fucking with me bitch!” Damon screamed into the phone like it was one of his men that just took Viper’s head of.

     “You have such a mouth on you Mr Gunn, and I think you should apologise for calling me a bitch, or it will come back to bite you in the ass.” Nicole warned as she took aim at Damon’s backside.

     “Fuck you, you crazy Bitch.” Was Damon’s reply.

     “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Nicole said in a calm voice as she squeezed the trigger and clipped Damon’s ass with a bullet.

    Damon screamed out in pain as the bullet grazed his backside, sending a searing pain through it. “Fuck! The bitch just shot me!” He grabbed his ass where the bullet hit, as he hopped around in pain.

     “Unless you want her to take another shot in someplace that hurts even more, get down.” Brad said as he pulled Damon behind the crates out of Nicole’s sight.

    Nicole called the cell phone again, but it was Brad who answered it this time. “What is you want lady?” Brad asked, not wanting to risk calling her a bitch, like Damon made the mistake of doing twice.

     “I want Damon to make the call and cancel the contract on Samantha Kaye. Tell him to make the call and cancel the contract now, or I kill you both.” Nicole said with anger edging her voice to let Brad know she wasn’t joking.

     “Call and cancel the damn contract on that woman and her kid before we both end up dead.” Brad said as he looked at Damon Gunn, still rolling around on the floor in pain.

     “That bitch shot me, why should I do anything she wants?” Damon snarled.

     “She could have taken your head off you dumb shit! She grazed your ass on purpose, now make the damn call and cancel the contract already!” Brad said as he threw Damon his own cell phone to make the call. Brad had no doubt that the woman on the other end of the phone was true to her word, and even now she was aiming her sights at them, ready to fire.

    Damon winced as he picked up the cell phone and made the call to the dealer that set up the contract for Damon. It took him five minutes to go through all the details with the dealer and get the contract cancelled off.

    Nicole placed a call to Ferret using another phone to make sure the contract had been cancelled. “Ferret, Damon Gunn should be cancelling the contract as we speak.” Nicole said when she heard Ferret’s voice on the other end.

     “I’ll check up and make sure he has cancelled it then.” Ferret said as Nicole heard him tapping away on a keyboard. “Have Athena and Viper shown up yet?” Ferret asked as he worked.

     “Viper’s dead, but Athena got away.” Nicole said angrily. “It looked like she was injured though as she ran away.” Nicole added on a positive note.

     “If she wasn’t pissed off with you before ice, I bet she is now you shot her husband.” Ferret said with an evil chuckle. “Hold on, something’s happening.” Ferret added.

     “What is it?” Nicole asked.

     “The contract has just been cancelled, so no one else will be hurt.” Ferret said with a sigh.

     “That’s good then, I can end this now.” Nicole said as she got Damon Gunn in her sights again. “I need you to send that file on Brad Lockwood to the police department he works at, so they know the reason for his death.” Nicole added just before ending the call with him.

     “Okay, the damn contract is cancelled, now call that crazy bitch and get her to stop sh...” Was all Damon said before there was a thud as the side of his head exploded and he fell to the ground in a heap.

    Brad looked on in horror as he saw Damon’s head explode, then he was more worried about himself as he started to run, but it was pointless as Nicole already had him in her sights as she pulled the trigger and watched him fall to the ground with a large hole where his face use to be.

    Nicole calmly packed up her rifle and then left the area just as she heard the sirens to let her know the police were about to arrive. Nicole had one more stop to make before she left the city. She still needed to pay a visit to Seeley Gunn and finish what she started at the diner.

    Nicole had found out the name of the hospital Seeley Gunn had been taken too and she was now walking down a hallway towards the room he was resting in. Nicole had left him with no hearing in what was left of his left ear after shooting most of it off at the diner.

    She found the room and was glad to see there were no police guarding the doorway. Nicole walked into the room and saw Seeley asleep in the hospital bed. Nicole had no sympathy for a man that would try to use a child for a shield trying to save his own life.

    Nicole pulled out a syringe with nothing but air in it and stuck it into his arm before pushing down the plunger and infecting the air into his arm. Nicole left the room and was well gone before Seeley died of a heart attack due to air pockets in his blood stream.

    Now that Nicole had taken care of the contract and the reason for Samantha to give evidence, she was ready to head back to the cabin and help Samantha and Sara settle down in a new life. Nicole didn’t think it safe for either of them to resume their old life, and this way Sara could just have a life as a girl.

    Nicole was soon packed up with all her weapons back in the storage locker, she was in a new disguise and making her way to the airport and getting on a plane and heading back to the cabin.

    Samantha and Sara both burst out of the cabin when they heard the sound of a motorbike getting louder. They were both hoping it was Nicole returning, but neither of them had seen another person since Nicole brought them to the cabin, so they were hoping for the best.

    Nicole came around a bend in the dirt track road and saw Samantha and Sara both stood on the porch waiting for her. Nicole had only just dropped the side stand on the bike when she was being hugged by the two of them.

     “Is it over? Did you get him to cancel the contract?” Samantha asked with hope in her voice.

     “Yes, the contract has been cancelled, and I also took care of his son, so you have no reason to give evidence now either.” Nicole said as she made her way into the cabin with the back pack still on her back.

     “You took care of everything?” Samantha asked as she followed close behind with Sara walking next to her.

     “Yes, everything is good for you again, but I think it best for you and Sara to start a new life, well you anyway Sammi. I can have new ID’s sorted out for you both, and I’ll even make sure Sara get’s all the help she needs with her transition.” Nicole explained.

     “What about money and me looking for work, will the new ID be any good for that?” Samantha asked.

     “Don’t worry about the ID’s. You’ll be able to pass the most invasive of checks, but you won’t have to worry about needing to work.” Nicole started to explain. “I’ve earned a lot of money doing what I do, and I want to give you some of it to help get the two of you set up in this new life.”

     “I’ll accept your offer, but only if you remain part of our lives Nikki.” Samantha said.

     “We’ve talked about this Sammi.” Nicole growled. “I can’t just settle down like you and Sara, people will come looking for me.” Nicole explained.

     “I think you’re an expert at disappearing, and this is just some excuse because you’re scared of having feeling for people again!” Samantha snapped as she got up and left the cabin to take a walk and cool off before she faced Nicole again.

     “Is what mum says true? Are you just scared about being with us?” Sara asked in a hurt tone. “We love having you in our lives Nikki, and we don’t care what you’ve been doing all this time.” Sara pleaded.

    Nicole didn’t have an answer for Sara, but she did have to wonder if she was just using her job as a reason to walk away again when they were both safely in a new city and settled down with Sara seeing a doctor about her transition. She was also still worried about Athena and the fact she’d left her alive. Nicole knew that Athena would be coming after her harder than ever now, so she could avenge her dead husband.

     “I will need to sort out a few things, but I think it would be nice to settle down and watch you grow up to be a pretty young woman.” Nicole finally said as she decided to make her mind up and give it a go, but only once Athena was dead. “I’ll go and find your mother and let her know the good news.” Nicole added as she got up off the stool she’d sat on at the breakfast bar and left the cabin to go find Samantha.

    Samantha was sat on a large bolder that looked out over the valley below the mountain side where the cabin was, when Nicole got outside and found her. Samantha looked over her shoulder when she heard someone walking toward her and she went back to looking out over the valley when she saw it was Nicole.

     “Come out to tell me more reasons for you not hanging around?” Samantha asked as she kept looking anywhere except at Nicole who was now sat next to her on the bolder.

     “I could, or I could just say that I want to play a bigger part in Sara, and your life again, but I will need to take care of something before I can.” Nicole said.

     “What is it you need to sort out?”

     “I’ve had a couple of assassin’s tracking me for some time, and I’ve just managed to kill one of them, but his partner will be coming at me even harder now.” Nicole explained.

     “They were a couple?” Samantha asked.

     “Yes, but not when I first met them. She won’t stop coming at me until I’m dead, unless I kill her first.” Nicole said as she let Samantha cuddle up to her.

     “Just make sure it’s her being put in the ground.” Samantha sighed as she rested her head on Nicole’s shoulder.

     “That’s always top of my list.” Nicole laughed.

    Nicole and Samantha returned to the cabin and found a happy looking Sara in the kitchen humming and singing as she busied herself sorting out dinner for them all. Samantha joined her in the kitchen helping to sort out dinner, while Nicole started sorting out what she needed to do, so she could retire and spend her time with them.

    They all enjoyed a wonderful meal before settling down to have a chat about what she’d done while away, and also what they would all be doing when they finally found a place to settle down. Sara finally lost her battle against sleep and she was fast asleep with her head resting on Nicole’s knee.

     “You’ve made her so happy Nikki.” Samantha whispered as she looked at Nicole stroking Sara’s hair.

     “I still find it hard to believe that you had my child.” Nicole said as she loved the thought that she helped to bring Sara into the world.

     “I’m glad I made love to you that night, I just wish things had turned out differently.” Samantha sighed.

     “We both knew it was never going to end well once Jason saw us together in your bed.” Nicole pointed out. “And he would never have let the two of us be together.” Nicole added.

     “Do you ever regret killing him?” Samantha asked.

     “No, never.” Nicole said looking very serious.

    Nicole worked out everything she’d need to do over the next couple of days, while she just hung out with Sara and Samantha, but she knew that she needed to go down the mountain and make contact with Ferret, and get the photos to him for the new ID’s for them all.

    Samantha had said that she wanted Nicole to play Sara’s mother because the two of them looked more like each other than she and Sara did now. Samantha still had the brown hair cut short, where as Nicole had short black hair and the same eyes as Sara, so they looked like mother and daughter.

    Nicole was going to take the 4x4 down the mountain and do some shopping while she was down there, and she even agreed to take Sara with her, as no one was going to be looking for a mother and daughter. Samantha waved them off and then went back into the house to do some cleaning up while they were gone.

    Sara smiled all the way down the mountain and then she looked excited as they switched to one of the cars and made their way into the city to do some shopping and also let Nicole call and speak to Ferret.

     “I need to make a call while we drive into the city.” Nicole said as she but the blue ear piece in and dialled Ferret.

     “Hi Ice, I was beginning to worry I wasn’t going to hear from you again.” Ferret said after answering the call. “I’ve still got nothing on Athena, it’s like she’s just vanished off the face of the planet. Are you sure that bullet you said she got hit with at the warehouse didn’t kill her?” Ferret asked.

     “I’m sorry for being quiet the past couple of days, but I just wanted to unwind from the job. I doubt she would have died from that injury, she looked to be moving pretty fast, even with a gunshot to the arm.” Nicole explained.

     “I’ll keep looking for her, but she’s almost as good as you when it comes to not leaving a trail.” Ferret pointed out the problems he was having.

     “I need you to sort out something else for me as well. I’ll be sending you some photos; I need you to make up a full set of ID’s for three people.” Nicole told him. “I’m going to be retiring Ferret, and I want to thank you for all the help over the years.”

     “I’d like to say I’m surprised, but I had a feeling this was coming from the day you called and said you were taking this job involving Samantha Kaye.” Ferret said with a huff in his voice. “So you’re looking for a good set of ID’s then, not the normal quick look set like you normally asked for?”

     “You’ve got it Ferret. I need a full legend building for the three of us, but I’ll email all the information over to you later today. I’ll sort you out with enough money to keep you in computer parts for some time to come, for sorting out all this.” Nicole promised.

     “The sort of legend you’re looking for isn’t going to be cheap anyway.” Ferret warned.

     “I know, but it’s going to be worth it.” Nicole smiled as she looked over at Sara sat next to her looking out the window and enjoying the time away from the cabin.

     “I’m happy that the ice princess finally found a reason to thaw out.” Ferret chuckled.

     “So am I Ferret.” Nicole giggled at his joke. “I’ll speak to you later then. Bye.” Nicole added just before she ended the call.

     “I can’t believe you’re actually giving all this up to spend time with mum and me.” Sara smiled as she looked at Nicole.

     “I finally have a reason to give all this up; I just wished I’d known about you sooner.” Nicole admitted as she reached over and took hold of Sara’s hand and looked at her with a sad smile.

     “You’re with me now, that has to count for something, and don’t forget the whole keeping us alive thing as well.” Sara grinned.

     “I do have to question whether saving you was the right thing to do or not.” Nicole frowned, but was soon giggling as a pouting Sara started slapping her arm.

     “I know you don’t mean that Aunty Nikki.” Sara pouted some more.

     “You know that I’d kill to keep you and your mother alive.” Nicole said looking serious.

     “I know that, and you have killed people for us.” Sara smirked.

     “I hope that is all behind me now, the last thing we need is a trail of dead bodies leading to our doorstep.” Nicole said with a raised eyebrow.

     “We don’t technically have a doorstep yet though.” Sara pointed out with as giggle.

     “Let’s get the new ID’s sorted out, and then we can work on finding a doorstep to not leave a trail of dead bodies leading to.” Nicole grinned.

     “Sounds like a fun idea.” Sara giggled.

    Nicole was soon pulling into the grounds of the local community college, so Nicole could send the files to Ferret, and get the ID’s sorted out. Sara waited in the car, due to her not looking old enough to be at college, and it could tip of the wrong people.

     “I’ll be as quick as I can. Don’t leave the car, and don’t unlock it for anyone but me.” Nicole warned just before she got out the car and went to the computer lab.

    Sara was still sat in the car looking at all the people walking around, when Nicole got back.

     “Did you get it all sorted out?” Sara asked as Nicole got in and started the car.

     “Yes, I sent the files and Ferret will be working on them as we speak.” Nicole said with confidence as she drove them to the nearest mall.

     “Have you told this Ferret about me being a girl now?” Sara asked.

     “No, but it won’t be hard for him to work out once he sees the photos and reads the information in the file I sent him.” Nicole shrugged. “He’s really brainy and can work things out pretty quick.” Nicole added with a grin.

    Sara started grinning and clapping her hands together when she saw where Nicole was talking them. Nicole was soon parking the car in one of the mall parking lots and then she got out and helped Sara out the car before they entered the mall and started window shopping.

    It didn’t take long for Sara to get a little bored with just looking in the windows, and she soon wanted to try some things on.

     “Please let me try this dress on?” Sara pleaded.

     “I wish you could Sara, but someone might realise that you’re not what you appear to be just yet.” Nicole had to remind her.

    Sara couldn’t have looked more hurt if Nicole had just slapped her across the face when she realised what Nicole was getting at. Sara just threw the dress at Nicole and ran from the shop.

    Nicole threw the dress over a rail and then ran out after Sara. Luckily Sara had run out to the car and was sobbing when Nicole caught up to her.

     “I’m sorry I upset you Sara, but the last thing we need is some customer reporting you for being a boy in a ladies changing room.” Nicole tried to explain.

     “I’m not a boy.” Sara sobbed.

     “I know you’re not, but other people won’t see it that way if they saw you undressed in a changing room. One day you will be able to try on as many dresses and other clothes, but until then we need to be careful.” Nicole said as she pulled Sara into a hug.

    Nicole could see that Sara was to upset with her to carry on shopping, so they got back in the car and made their way back to the old barn behind the run down old cabin. They were soon on the dirt track heading back up to the cabin at the top of the mountain where Samantha was waiting for their return.

    Samantha was stood out on the porch when Nicole pulled up outside the cabin. Nicole was just opening the door on the 4x when it slammed shut again due to a bullet impacting the driver’s side door window. Lucky for Nicole, the 4x4 was fitted with bullet resistant glass, so she was unhurt.

     “Stay in the truck and keep your head down!” Nicole snapped as she pulled a pistol out the glove box and then jumped out of the 4x4 and ran to protect Samantha who was out in the open on the porch looking worried for her daughter. “Get in the cabin Sammi!” Nicole screamed as she ran up the steps.

    Nicole was just a foot away from Samantha when she felt a white hot pain shoot through her shoulder as she was shot. The bullet went straight through Nicole and then hit Samantha in the chest, knocking her backwards into the wall of the cabin before she fell to the ground in a heap.

     “Mum!” Sara screamed.

    Nicole looked around just in time to see Sara getting out the truck and Athena walking out of the forest on the other side of the open space in front of the cabin. Nicole knew it was all over as she had dropped her gun when Athena shot her through the shoulder.

     “Run Sara, run as fast as you can!” Nicole shouted as she fell to her knees waiting for Athena to finish the job and claim her victory.

 

To Be Continued Next Sunday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow, talk about a bad cliffhanger!!!

tmf's picture

Wow, talk about a bad cliffhanger!!!
Love the story, I was hopping for some reason that Athena would only surface in the next chapter. If Athena is vindictive evil bitch, I sure that she will try to keep Nicole for last and make here witness the death of her family first.

Peace, Love, Happiness
tmf

What's Right vs. Reality

littlerocksilver's picture

From the beginning, I've wanted things to work out for the former lovers and their daughter; however, it's getting more and more difficult for me to accept that Nicole can turn off the switch and become a full time parent. There is something convenient about the current script. We shall see. I can 'see' Nicole dying and buried; however, what you see is not always what you get. Nicole must die. What happens after that ...?

Portia

Lipstick And Lead Part 09

Who will live through the cliffhanger

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Okay Sara. You have me on the edge

of my seat. I hope my butt doesn't fall asleep before you post the remaining chapter of this great story. Very, Very well done hon.

Hugs and love,
Cathy_t_

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

I'm betting ...

Sara steps up to the plate. She picks up Nicole's dropped gun and "drops" a stunned Athena right where she stands.

She stops the bleeding for Nikki and then the two of them save Sammi, bury Athena and all live happily ever after.

Yes? No? Please don't break our hearts and kill anyone other than Athena!?!?!?

Hugs,
Erica

I knew it!

Somehow I just knew that Athena would show up as it was basically given away that Athena was as good as Nicole. This is where even the best become sloppy with emotions running high and being too excited with possibly having a family and also with the hopes of retirement from being a Hit Person! Professional Hit People Do Not Have Lives Of Their Own, EVER!

Yes, I know. Now everyone thinks I watch too much T.V right? Ha, I don't have television as it just gets in the way of real life so there lol!

Great chapter as usual. :}

Hugs

Vivien

Aw, Crap.

Gonna be a long wait till that next chapter.


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Necessary death

Well I think that both Athena and Necole should die in the next chapter.Nicole's death is necessary like John Marston's in RDR,otherwise Nicole's past will continue haunting them until they're all dead by enemies Nicole made over the years.Anyway you did a great work as always.:)

Not nice Marina!

Leaving us in suspense like that.

The possibilites are endless!!

But I'm counting on the ones with the white hats winning

Great story, thank you.

Hugs

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Talk About Clearing the Stage...

The carnage here is worse than Hamlet (g).

Plenty of ways this can go. Any bets on Ferret showing up and changing the odds?

Eric