Nightmare in Elm Grove - Kyles Halloween adventure.

Printer-friendly version

I just love my neighboorhood. Only here can it rain on halloween after everyone is out trick or treating!

It didn't just start off with a small drizzle. Oh no it had to pour buckets down in less than a minute. Of course it also had to happen after I decided to walk through the unfinished housing section too. It wasn't bad enough that I was getting poured on and soaked to the skin. Nope it also had to rain enough that the newish cement street covered in mud from all the housing work being done invites idiots in large trucks to go buy you at speed. So not only was I wet I was covered from head to toe in muck as well. I tried to keep my treat bag dry but eventually stopped at a sight and poked a small hole at the bottom to let all the water out as it was getting heavy.

Our house isn't that far from the new housing development. I had cut across here a dozen times over the last few weeks to get home quicker. So far not even a stubbed toe but today gods. On the good side I collected a number of different half broken tools that some of these workers just toss into the rubbish pile. A little work and they are almost as good as new. I even traded one or two in for some cash which I used to buy some cigarettes. I know I know an 11 year old kid has no place buying cigarettes but I don't smoke them. I sell a cigarette for dollar each to whatever junkie fool at the school needs one. It's an investment which I turn around to put against my pile of savings for a car so I can get out of this god forsaken rat hole called Elm Grove.

I can just see mom when I get home."Kyle Edward Nesbit I swear only you could dive headfirst into a mud puddle..." It would go on and on. I think she hates me. I love my mom but sometimes it's just so unfair. Little Katie my brat of a sister gets everything handed to her by my parents just cause shes a girl. To be fair I suppose I get my own stuff too. They did buy me that rad Bmx for my 8th birthday. Mom also got me this Superman costume as well even though its probably ruined now. The cape is kinda useless though since it is sewed on my back I can't even use it to cover myself from the rain. It also seems to be shorter and smaller somehow.

Back at that last house I visited Mrs. Kraus the phys ed teacher said how cute I looked. She is obviously not a comic book fan since she called me superguy or I think she did. It was hard as the last part was cut off by the sound of the truck horn. I was sure my normally brown hair was showing as this rain probably ruined that temp dye stuff to make my hair look black. I could feel rivers running down my head almost as if I had long hair. The more I walked down that muddy sidewalk the more the heel of my boots raised up from the muck. Before long it was like walking in my old rubber boots that had the wacky heel higher than the rest. I had to adjust the way I walked the further I walked.

By the time I got to our street I was freezing cold. My skin was probably turning as blue as my costume when I reached the front walk. Strangely enough mom was waiting for me and rushed over with a raincoat to protect me as I walked up the sidewalk. She asked me a few times if I was alright but I was way to cold by that point to do much talking. I was filthy from head to toe but mom saw I was far to cold and pulled me right into the shower near the garage where she made me stand under the warm spray till I stopped shivering. I can see her point as my costume was ruined anyways. Even the red shorts of the outfit looked ruined. She came in at one point and helped me to remove the superman costume and my white underwear. It was my imagination but they looked different and lighter than I remember them being when I put them on this morning.

She helped to wash me from head to toe including shampooing my hair before she wrapped me in a towel. She did it funny as she wrapped it around my chest. But then again the cold had done something funny to my chest as the nipples were pushed outwards in small triangles so I could understand why she did that. Once I was mostly dry again but still very worn out from the cold she put on just the pajama shirt on me but not the pants. She also had me step into a snug pair of underwear for bed. I think she grabbed an older pair as mine are never this snug fitting.

She also brushed all my hair backwards and then put something high on the back of my head before she tucked me into the soft sheets of my bed. It did not take me very long to fall asleep. In mere moments I was off to the land of feverish dreams. Dreams that made very little sense. I know I woke from time to time with a worried mom standing over me and offering me chicken soup. That was Wednesday night.

I eventually woke up properly feeling weak but at least I could think alright. It was morning at sunlight was pouring through the curtains in my room. Curtains in my room? When did mom put those in? Must have been while I was sick. As I got out of my bed I looked around for my slippers and saw a pair of moms on the floor instead. I guessed she wore mine to her room while I was sick by mistake. I weaved out of my room still a little unsteady on my feet but otherwise not to bad before I made it to the bathroom as my poor bladder was threatening to overflow my back teeth. I knew I didn't quite have the energy to stand up to pee like normal so I just sat and did my business instead. I guess even junior was having problems as I dribbled down under myself instead of the usual stream.

Wiping myself was a new experience with the wad of paper tissue. The roll just went zoom and in seconds I had a mass of toilet paper instead of one or two sheets. Wiping with the wad felt funny and I just assumed I was far to sick still as I didn't feel myself wiping junior or his two buddies. I did notice that my chest still felt funny. When I felt under my jammies shirt I still had the two triangles on my chest. I guessed that I got an infection or something from the mud as there was even some sort of small lumps behind my nipples. My nipples were also tender. Not really sensitive but more than normal anyways. I bet mom had some sort of yucky pills for me to take from a doctor too.

I had to use the wall from time to time to steady myself before I made it into the kitchen area. Mom immediately rushed over to me and steadied me towards the table chair. The short walk had made me even more tired than before but I was hungry. Mom brought me a bowl of her homemade chicken soup. Her soup is great as it has noodles and real meat in it. There is also potatoes, celery, and various other vegetables I cannot recognize in it. She even crushed up some crackers into it just the way I like it. The bowl was smaller and I thought I would ask for second but before I even finished that small bowl I was falling asleep at the table.

I think dad came at one point and carried me to bed as I'm too heavy for mom to carry anymore. When I woke up the next time I found out mom had also changed my bedsheets to what looked like a spare set of Katies. I guess my fevers messed up my normal sheets and mom used what was close at hand to give me clean sheets. I also noticed she had cleaned up my normally messy room as well. I pulled myself up into a sitting position and then pulled my pajama top out to see that I still had the puffy chest infection. It was like that when mom came in.

"Sweetie how do you feel now?" she asked me in a kind voice like she used to use when I was little.

"Better mom but my chest has not gone down yet. Do I have to take some yucky pills?"

"Why would you have to take pills?" she asked me with a funny puzzled look on her face.

"Cause my chest is all funny and lumpy." It should be obvious as they were pushing out the front of my pajama top a bit.

"Can I see sweetie?" which is a what I expected her to ask. So I lifted up my pajama top, which seemed longer than it normally was, for her to see. She gently probed around each nipple and when she pressed to hard it hurt. She said sorry each time I flinched but she continued until she had done both sides before helping me to put down my top.

" I don't feel anything wrong."

"But mom! Look my chest has triangles on it and there is lumps behind each nipple and they hurt!" I mean isn't obvious! Mom looked at me all serious before her face broke out in a wide grin and she laughed at me.

"Kayla sweetie it is just your breasts growing in they will get more sensitive as they get bigger. It just means that you will have to wear your bra to protect them just like us big girls do." she said it with a smile. It took me a few minutes to figure out exactly what she said and when I figured it out she had already stepped out of my room.

Kayla? Me? No my name is Kyle. Isn't it? A thought sprang into my head and I reached down for my boy parts only to encounter a flat front. Reaching under my gitch I felt for junior and his two friends. I didn't find him but I did find a small soft spot that felt strangely like what I know Katie has. I pulled up my covers and took a look. I was wearing girls panties on not my normal y front boys gitch.

Me a girl? Since when? I didn't get more time to figure out what had happened when my brat of a sister Katie bounced into my room in her white frilly blouse under a red jumper dress. She had on her lace trimmed socks and her hair was in two pigtails. She never comes into my room like that and certainly never bounced over and sat down on the edge of my bed before. Mom also followed her into my room where she laid out my superman costume pieces onto the back of a chair near a table I have never seen before in my room.

"Mommie said you are a big girl now and have boobies. Can I see them Kayla?"

"Katie! Stop bothering your sister and you should never ask another girl to see her breasts it is not polite."

"Sowwy mommie." Katie said with a sad look on her face.

"Kayla sweetie I managed to get your Supergirl costume clean for the school dance tomorrow night if you feel up to it. I want no arguments from you young lady. If you feel better you may go but only if you feel better and not before." mom admonished me. School dance? I don't recall asking to even go to it. I mean like only girls or the older guys go to it. Wait a minute, Supergirl? I made agreement noises and feigned sleep before they would leave me alone. I opened my eyes as soon as they left and stared out to my now curtained, lace curtained window.

What the heck happened to me on Halloween?

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh no!

While I like Supergirl, I feel very sad for anyone forced into something against their nature. This time no dreaming was involved just a kid walking home. Old graveyard under the new housing project?

Hugs
Grover

Good one

Let this story be a warning to any boy who thinks that they can wear their costume in the rain.

"Shrinkage may occur when wet" is not just a product liability warning that you can ignore.

-- Sleethr

W.T.F.? Why does Kyle/Kayla remember but no one else?

Nice to this short tale from a while back continued, tels.

Still begs the question WHY?

Why him?

Why does everyone believe SHE was always a girl?

Why did the clothing, room, people's memories and all change but NOT his, her's now?

And are there other victims like her?

Assuming this IS a curse and not some blessing.

But then she's upset and bewildered by it. So at least to her it is a curse.

Hum, if it changed a boy into a girl have any girls been made into boys?

Would be ironic in a romantic way if the only one that believes him is a fellow victim but FtM vs her MtF.

And lastly how? What is causing the changes? What magic, chemicals, voodoo?

Or our evil tels after too much sugar and caffeine.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Elm Grove borders Wauwatosa. Google it.

John in Wauwatosa

no way, John!

I'm sure its a suburb of Edmonton, Alberta.

spooky story, will we get more?

DogSig.png

Strange.....

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Must be some real strange chemicals in that muck.
Did he/she? eat any of the muck drenched candy?
Or just get soaked in it?

One first class ticket to Elm

One first class ticket to Elm Grove. Take my money now! John can you pick me up?


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Hmmm....

Kyle is now Kayla after recovering from a halloween rain storm? Kinda makes you wonder whats in the water. Lol. Ok Tels, can you bottle that water and send some over? I'll trade you some popcorn... ;-) munch munch slurrrrp! (Hugs) Taarpa