Summer with Em - Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

Summer with Em
Part 1

by Julie D. Cole

Copyright © 2012 Julie D. Cole
All Rights Reserved.
Girls-in-Leeds.jpg

 
 
I was relieved to find a job during the summer holidays that my aunt arranged through her friends. I needed the cash since my bank account was looking pretty grim and mum had said ‘no more bail outs.’

At least it also gave me an opportunity to stay with my aunt away from the distractions of nightclubs in London which is a big drain on my funds when I’m out with friends 3 nights per week. I just love the nightlife and the music sends me crazy sometimes especially when the drinks are free from students working the bars.

I wasn’t sure what to expect as I arrived in Manchester but there was Aunt Em waiting for me at the rail station and she looked great. In fact she’s only 5 years older than me since she was her dads mistake and she is completely different to mum who married young and left home when Aunt Em was only 10 years old. She’d had a lot more freedom than mum I suppose and she had a great personality that meant she was successful at whatever she did so she had a good job and a fantastic 3 bedroom apartment in a new development near Salford Docks.

I was a bit embarrassed by the big hug I received and she almost squeezed all the air out of my lungs.

She was smiling as she asked if I’d been on a diet since all my teenage body fat had disappeared but sadly with the exception of my manboobs that I was hiding by strapping them back tightly with bandage. It was a bit uncomfortable as she hugged me and I felt her nice firm breasts but nervously held her back so she couldn’t feel mine.

She picked up one of my bags and pushed me off towards the car park and linked arms with me chattering all the way to the car. I guess I’m OK with a few drinks inside me but chat is not top of my list of skills. But I didn’t need to say too much because Em as she asked me to call her was answering for me most of the time.

We were soon zooming through the traffic of Manchester in her VW Golf that was the perfect car for overtaking at traffic lights by switching lanes and Em took a delight in accelerating away from the male drivers. I was nervous but not frightened since she handled the car very well and I thought she’d have given Jeremy Clarkson a run for his money if she ever got on to his Top Gear show.

It was about 5pm when we arrived at her apartment and of course the first job was the grand tour. Wow it was fantastic with a great view over the canal and the nice pedestrian areas. She even had a balcony that she used for sunbathing. The lounge was immaculate and straight out of a designer book so I was thinking it might be difficult for me to slob about. She had a small office with a computer so luckily she had wi-fi. I could use my laptop and skype my friends at least.

I was given the larger guest room and exclusive use of the bathroom since she used her en suite bathroom at the side of the main bedroom. I was slightly envious and would love to have a pad like this but really I was very impressed and proud of Em.

I unpacked that took me longer than normal since I felt I had to put everything out of sight and keep the bedroom tidy. It was a bit on the feminine side but then I couldn’t expect anything else for 8 weeks. She was hardly likely to change the décor for me. I was a bit embarrassed about my gym gear when she explained about the job. I was going to be an attendant at an exclusive gym club that a friend of hers managed with a bit of lifeguard work in the pool. I hoped I’d never have to strip to save anybody and wondered how I might change without showing them in the mens room.

Em had prepared a snack and as slim as I am it didn’t touch the sides and I could have eaten the same again.

‘Well young man that was quick. Would you like something else?’

‘No, No, I’m sorry but I didn’t eat on the train since the sandwiches were not so good and very over-priced. I should have accepted mums lunch pack.’

‘well how about we take a look around and I’ll buy you a welcome drink. I’ve arranged for us to meet Rebecca tomorrow for the interview even though you’ve got the job. Did you bring your CV and your certificates for life saving?’

‘Of course. I just need to double check though since you’ve made me doubtful that I packed them with my laptop.’

Em took me for a walk around the area and showed me the local coffee shops and where to buy supplies. We met a few of her friends and after a while I started to speak out a bit and lose my shyness. We sat outside the bar since it was mild outside and Em ordered a bottle of wine since I told her that was our regular practice before I went clubbing with friends. I suppose it was a bit better quality than I buy so I sipped it rather than slugging it back.

We chatted to some married couples who were neighbors and to the barman who seemed to fancy Em and then headed back to the apartment so it gave me time to log on to my laptop and send some messages out on Facebook. I skyped mum to let her know I’d arrived OK and then caught up with all my messages and e-mails. I heard Em say goodnight but I think it was past midnight before I climbed into bed.

Now I was really looking forward to the stay with Em and hoped I liked the job.

I slept OK and I heard Em moving around obviously trying to wake me without making an issue of it. Suddenly I felt that I needed the bathroom so I ran across the hallway and was relieved that Em was in the kitchen since I was only wearing shorts. As I stood there I looked across at the mirror to see my tussled hair that was in need of a cut and then at my bleary eyes. I tried not to lower them but it was impossible not to look at my chest boobs. Blast these things they seem to get bigger rather than disappearing with the rest of my puppy fat. Maybe the strapping was forcing them to grow like new shoots searching for sunlight. At least taking the job at the gym might give me chance to exercise and try to turn fat to muscle.

I touched the nipples and ran my fingers gently across each of them. They were sensitive and seemed to harden almost immediately. Whatever I thought these things were not going to disappear without a fight. It was an incredible feeling and so I cupped each boob one by one caressing them and wondering why it was me who had this problem and why they hadn’t been given to some young girl desperate for a cleavage.

I was startled by a knock on the door from Em who was telling me that breakfast was ready. I washed and cleaned my teeth and put on a gown from the hook that Em had left with the new towels. It was a silk material that seemed to set off my nipples again. I wrapped it around me and tied the tape. I dampened my hair and pushed it back and then went through to join Em.

Breakfast with Em is a big event. She treats it as her main meal of the day and since I was famished again I wasn’t complaining. The fruitjuice was refreshing and whilst the cereals were a bit more healthy than the ones mum buys I liked them. Less sugar and lots of ruffage was Em’s preference. I can eat anything these days so they went along well with the yoghurt and figs before she cooked two eggs over easy to accompany the brownbread toast. I could get used to this.

As I cleared the plate I was suddenly conscious of the gown gaping open and I was sure that Em had been staring because she suddenly turned her head and shot over to the sink with her plate. Damn. I I should have taken care to get up early and fix my tape.

Em never said anything but I felt embarrassed so I excused myself to use the bathroom to take a shower. I felt bad for not helping Em but I couldn’t look her in the eye just yet just incase she’d had an eyeful.

As I soped myself in the shower I looked at my smooth body and not only did I have the boob problem but I needed to harden my stomach muscles and get rid of the soft tum and maybe I could work on my butt a bit and tone up whilst I was in Manchester. I wanted to be as slim as the hot guys who attracted so much attention these days whichever club I frequented.

As I wrapped the tape around my chest I pulled it extra tight and then I selected a black t shirt and an open shirt that matched my jeans.

Em said I looked OK but that I should wear trousers not jeans and better to leave my trainers behind so wear some shoes. I only had one pair with me so the match wasn’t perfect. Em said she’d have to help me a bit and once I’d got the training gear from the gym she’d treat me to new trainers to match.

She seemed to focus on my chest area a few times and she almost said something before we left but must have had second thoughts. She chatted about her friend and what I should talk about in the meeting I’d be having with her. I had to show confidence and a keenness to learn from the experience and not just treat it as a job.

We arrived in about 15 mins with Em showing me the best way to walk there that was a more direct route and took about the same time. I guessed that was her way of saying I had to make my own way and not rely on her as chauffeur.

The gym was owned by a hotel chain and was very impressive. I was looking forward to working there and taking advantage of the facilities and I hadn’t even started.
 


 
 
To Be Continued...
 

up
383 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What a fun read!

Love the way this started. Wonder what Em had on her mind but I'm sure we'll soon find out. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Looks like a great start.

ninatg1's picture

Julie:
You've already got me hooked. It looks like the start of a fun story. I can't wait for part 2.
Nina

Nice start.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Now the question is, is it man boobs or more then that.
Either way I feel there is a bit of an adventure awaiting out hero, or is it heroine.

As always...

Andrea Lena's picture

...a lovely tale about wonder and discovery. Thank you for making my evening!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

when

yes when are you coming out with part 2? should be interesting to see how he does the life guarding piece.

Dani

Empathy

I love the way this has kick off Ms Cole such a tender introduction to a story you have fully drawn me in such that I have total empathy with the characters k-jo

I was lying down minding my own business when life came by and drove right over me

Love this story

I am clearly adding this one to my favs!

Hugs,

Kay

Interesting

This is an interesting start I wonder if he is intersexed or misdiagnosed at birth, what is their name I didn’t see it mentioned.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Self conscience

Jamie Lee's picture

Finding summer jobs can be difficult if they are limited where a person lives, so it's sometimes necessary to travel to take a job. And if family offers lodging so much the better, as long as they get along with each other.

His having very little body fat leads one to believe he works out enough to keep it down to an acceptable level.

But with breasts along with the low body fat leads to other possibilities, mainly hormonal. Has he seen a doctor about his developing breasts? Is he too embarrassed to do so if he hasn't?

He bounds his breasts when he gets dressed for the day, what will he do for his new job if he has to wear a specific outfit which might display his chest in some way?

And when will Em broach the subject of what she observed when the robe opened? Maybe she will help him get to the bedrock of his now physical nature, and come to accept it.

Others have feelings too.

Thanks Read On

To see how accurate your comments are please keep reading.

Jules