My Summer in Pantyhose Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis:
Jamie meets Megan for lunch.

Chapter 10

I had a hard time sleeping Thursday night as I was so excited thinking about my meeting with Megan. I usually wake up on my own but my mother had to wake me on Friday morning.

"Come on sleepy head. Get ready or you'll make me late."

I was initially very foggy but then I remembered my approaching lunch date with Megan. Could I really call it a date? Did she think of it as a date? I was immediately awake.

"I picked out some clothes for you to wear so you'll look nice today," my mother said, pointing to some clothes at the foot of my bed.

The hose were the new coffee shade. The shorts were a pair from the mall shopping trip that I hadn't worn yet. They had pink flowers embroidered on the small back pockets so I had avoided wearing them. But what freaked me out the most was the shirt, a polo-top with aqua and cream colored horizontal stripes, a thin white collar, and very short sleeves.

"Mom, that's not my shirt."

"No, it's one of your sister's tops. I think it will fit. We should have bought you some casual tops at the mall but I didn't think about it."

"I can't wear that!"

"Why not? You certainly can't wear those grubby t-shirts you're always wearing."

"But that's a girl's shirt."

My mother smiled. I realized how silly that sounded as I was openly wearing pantyhose on a daily basis. "It will look good on you Jamie. Just trust me. Now hurry up and get ready."

My mother left the room to put on her makeup for work while I put on the clothes. I looked at myself in the full-length mirror on the bathroom door. The shirt felt very soft. The sleeves or lack of them looked a bit odd as they barely covered the top of my arms. Its length was a bit on the short side as well. The bottom hem only covered a couple inches of the top of my shorts. The pockets on my shorts were going to be visible at all times. My legs were a couple shades darker than a pair of beige hose would have made them. Not what I wanted for my first meeting with Megan but I figured the outfit was passable and probably wouldn't attract much attention.

I met my mother waiting at the front door.

"Well. You look very nice," she said. "I told you that top would work."

"Are you sure I can't wear one of my t-shirts? I have clean ones."

"Do you want to impress Megan?"

"But this is Julie's shirt Mom. It's a girl's shirt."

"Megan will be impressed that you're wearing something a step above average geek wear. How much effort do you think Megan will put into deciding what she should wear for meeting you. Shouldn't you repay the compliment by putting some effort into your wardrobe?"

"Well, okay. I guess it's not too girlish." I started to slip on my sandals but my mother stopped me.

"Wear your clogs today Jamie. They're a bit more dressy."

I took the clogs out of the closet. They had a wide heel at the back, about an inch. I had only worn them at home so far. My mother hates to be late for work so I knew better than to protest. I slipped my nylon-clad feet into the clogs and followed my mother out to the car. As I followed her, I noticed that we were wearing the same shade of hose. How many teenage boys can say "my mom and I were wearing matching pantyhose"?

A short time later I was sitting on my grandmother's couch watching my mother and grandmother talking outside.

"Well," my grandmother said when she came in, "it sounds like you have a full day before you."

I smiled.

"What's the girl's name again?"

"Megan. Megan Whitticker. She goes to our church."

"Oh, yes. My, my. She's very pretty. Your mother said we need to call her to let her know when to meet us. How's 11:30 sound to you?"

"Great."

"That's not too long to wait?"

"I think I can hold out."

My grandmother smiled. "Your mother said you missed your breakfast. How about some cinnamon rolls. I think I have a can of those instant ones."

"Sounds good to me. Especially if you have some hot chocolate."

"Let me put those in the oven and then you can have some breakfast."

My grandmother headed toward the kitchen. I removed my slippers and stretched out on the couch, placing my hose-clad feet on the arm of the couch. Who would have thought that wearing hose would lead to a date with Megan. I mused over what we might talk about. I didn't suppose she was into fantasy novels or RPGs. Maybe I could talk her into reading the same books as me. I realized that I didn't really know the first thing about her other than she was beautiful. I think she played basketball in junior high. I should have gone to the games.

I heard my grandmother on the phone which wasn't unusual. Then I heard her ask for Megan. I sat bolt upright.

"Hello Megan. This is Jamie's grandmother. Can we meet you at the foodcourt at 11:30? Okay, we'll see you then. Goodbye."

I entered the kitchen to find my grandmother putting the rolls into the oven. "Why did you call Megan? I wanted to call her."

"Oh, I'm sorry Jamie. I was waiting for the oven to heat up and well, it was something on my todo list. She sounded pleased to be seeing us today."

"Uhm. Are you going to have lunch with Julie?"

"You don't want your grandmother hanging around?"

"Well, I ... I think Megan just wanted to eat with me."

"Yes, I'm going to have lunch with Julie but I'll still be able to keep an eye on you." My grandmother smiled.

I felt awkward and frazzled. What was Megan going to think of me? My grandmother was treating this like some sort of playdate with little kids. The kettle whistled, providing a mechanism to change the conversation.

"There's the water for your hot chocolate," my grandmother said.

I got a mug and a packet of cocoa. The rolls were soon ready as well and we ate them together at the kitchen table.

"You look very presentable today," she said.

"Thanks," I said. "Mom picked out my clothes this morning."

"Megan will think you look very smart."

After breakfast I tried to read a book but was too excited to concentrate. I read paragraphs over and over again as my mind kept wandering. I gave up eventually, deciding to make a mental checklist of topics to talk to Megan about. By 11 I was a total basketcase. I had visited the bathroom numerous times. I felt simultaneously cold and sweaty. Earlier I was daydreaming about impressing Megan, now I praying I wouldn't throw up or lose my ability to talk.

"Okay, Jamie. Let's go."

I followed my grandmother out to her car. My hands were visibly shaking on the ride over. I no longer cared what I was wearing and there was a part of me that wanted to simply call the whole thing off. The mall was sparsely populated, mostly mothers with young children and old people walking for exercise. My clogs made a clacking sound as we walked. How did girls keep these things from sliding off?

"Emma?" said an older woman approaching us. "I haven't seen you in ages."

"Lucy," said my grandmother, "how have you been?"

"Well my doctor says I have to shed a few pounds so I'm exercising."

"Oh I should be exercising too but I don't think my legs could stand it."

"So who's this with you?"

"This is my grandson Jamie," she told Lucy. "This is Lucy, an old friend of mine," she said to me. "I'm sure your mother will remember her."

"Your grandson," said Lucy, smiling as she looked me over from head to toe.

I could tell she wanted to ask a hundred questions but politeness stopped her. They chatted for a few minutes about people they knew before my grandmother told her we had to be going. "Jamie is meeting a friend for lunch," my grandmother explained.

"Oh," said Lucy, raising her eyebrows as she surveyed me. "Another boy?"

"Oh no, his friend is a girl."

"Really. Well I guess.... You two have a good afternoon. I've got to keep burning those calories."

I wondered what Lucy had planned to say. I knew what she was thinking.

"Sorry, Jamie," my grandmother said. "I see that Lucy is as competitive as ever. Don't let her bother you. Okay sweetie?"

"Sure thing grandma."

We navigated the mall to the food court. It wasn't very crowded that day and I quickly spotted Megan sitting alone at a small table. "There's Megan," I told my grandmother. "I'll come look for you and Julie when I'm done." I had taken a few steps in Megan's direction when my grandmother stopped me.

"Hold on Jamie. I want to meet your friend." My heart sank. I wanted to appear a bit more independent to Megan. It was bad enough that my grandmother had made the call to arrange the time.

As we approached Megan's table, I felt my stomach doing flip-flops. She was studying the theater listings so she wasn't aware of our approach or my ardent admiration of her profile. Her auburn hair was pulled back into a pony tail exposing her small, gold-hoop earrings. She was wearing a pink polo top in a similar style to mine along with a short jean skirt and open-backed sandals with a small heel. Her legs were crossed and one of her sandals was dangling from her toes. She appeared to be wearing suntan hose.

"Hi Megan." My voice cracked a bit on the last syllable but at least I managed to speak before my grandmother said anything.

Megan turned and smiled warmly as she stood up. "Hi Jamie. Hello Mrs. Clark."

"Nice to meet you Megan. I'm going to find Jamie's sister and have lunch with her. You two have fun."

"Okay," said Megan, taking charge. "We'll look for you when we're done."

My grandmother moved slowly through the food court toward the shops.

I turned back to Megan and smiled. Megan looked me up and down. "Nice clogs. Where did you get them?"

"It was one of the shoe stores in the mall. Julie would probably remember which one."

"We'll have to see if they have any in my size. So, what do you want to eat?"

"I usually get a sandwich at the SubShop."

"Okay." Megan slung a small pink clutch purse with a thin strap over her shoulder and we headed for the sandwich counter. "So," she said, after glancing down at my legs again, "are you wearing a darker shade of hose today?"

"Uh, yeah. My mom bought some darker ones the other day."

"They're more noticeable but your legs look really good."

"Not as great as yours."

"Thank you. That's sweet. Are those girl's shorts?"

"Yeah. My mom bought them for me."

"They're cute."

Megan ordered first, a small veggie sub. I usually get a large meatball sandwich but I decided that would make me look like a pig and they tended to me messy so I went with a small turkey sub. Megan led the way back to our table. I had trouble keeping my eyes off her gorgeous legs.

Megan again crossed her legs and let one of her shoes dangle from her toes. She was sitting more next to our small round table than under it so her legs were on full display to me. I kept glancing at them as I unwrapped my sandwich.

"You really like my legs, don't you?"

"I'm sorry. I, I didn't mean to stare."

"It's okay. It's flattering. But, do you like my pantyhose or the legs inside them?" Megan looked at me intently with a devilish grin.

Was she playing with my mind? "Uh, I, I like both. I mean your legs. I don't know." I felt my cheeks warm.

"Jamie, I do believe you're blushing." Megan giggled. She seemed to be enjoying the affect she was having on me. "It's okay. I'm just teasing you. My legs look a lot better in hose." She leaned toward me and whispered. "I also like how they feel. But don't tell anyone."

"Okay."

Megan took a couple bites from her sandwich so I did the same. "So why did you call me?"

"Samantha said that you asked about me. She and my sister encouraged me to call."

"Did you want to call me?"

"Yes," I said emphatically then realized how stupid that sounded.

Megan giggled. "You've never talked to me much before. I figured you didn't like me or even worse you were just indifferent to me."

If she only knew how much I thought about her. "I've always liked you. I guess you've noticed I'm kind of shy."

"Really?" Megan laughed. "That's a shocker."

"I didn't think you would want to talk to me."

"Sorry if I gave you that impression. A lot of guys hit on me so I act kind of standoffish as a defense mechanism."

We ate some more of our sandwiches. I was starting to calm down. Megan seemed to legitimately want to talk to me and the bland food was helping to calm my stomach. Megan asked me a few questions about school and we were soon talking with ease like old friends. Megan has the gift of small talk and kept the conversation rolling. I even managed to say a few things that were witty. She laughed, so I guess they were witty. I told her all about RPGs and the fantasy novel series I was reading. She listened attentively.

As my monologue on dwarfs and orcs trailed off, Megan sent the discussion in a whole new direction. "So, are you going to keep wearing pantyhose when school starts in the fall?"

"I don't know. My mom said it was just for the summer."

"That must have been really embarrassing when she caught you."

"Yeah. It was but she was cool about it." I looked down at my empty sandwich wrapper. Megan seemed to be interrogating me.

"Do you want to see a movie sometime? There's a couple here I would like to see."

"You mean today?"

"I would but I have to meet my mom soon."

"Sure. I'll have to ask my mom but yeah, I would love to."

Megan looked at her watch then looked across the food court. I followed her gaze to the table at which Julie and my grandmother were sitting. I hadn't even noticed them before now. I never took my eyes off Megan while we were talking. Megan waved. Julie waved back. At least they had sat far from us.

Megan crumpled up her wrapper. "Shall we go? I really do have to meet my mom."

"Okay." We dropped our trash in the garbage and I followed Megan's lead as we moved toward Julie and my grandmother. "Thanks for having lunch with me Megan. I had a lot of fun."

Megan smiled at me. "So did I. You'll call me later, right?"

"Sure."

"Hi Megan," said Julie as we reached their table. "Looks like you two found a lot to talk about."

"We did. Jamie said that you knew where he bought his clogs."

"Oh yeah, what's its name. It's that one next to Pennys on the first level."

"Okay, I know the one."

"Isn't that MY top?" cried Julie.

How I hated Julie at that moment. "Mom wouldn't let me wear my t-shirts. She said they were too grubby." I glared at Julie.

Megan seemed to ignore the whole thing. "Well, I have to be going. I have to meet my mom. It was nice to meet you Mrs. Clark. Don't forget to call Jamie. Bye." She fluttered her fingers at me and walked away.

to be continued

up
203 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Is it real, or is it...?

Only a boy or a male cross dresser would want to wear pantyhose, and write about girls having red nail polish on their toes and fingers.

First of all, while there are some women who do wear pantyhose, most women don't. They are hot in the summer, and inconvenient in the ladies room. Women today wear stay up stockings to match our outfits. Second, red nail polish isn't always the best to wear. As a man I guess you wouldn't know, but women wear nail ploish to compliment our outfits, and our lipstick too. We wear light, natural colors in the daytime, and if we are going out at night, we wear darker colors, like maybe a maroon type of color, but never red. Red stands out too much, and makes a decent outfit look outlandish. I say outlandish because if you're wearing a nice light color evening dress to say go to dinner, or dancing, then you want your nail polish and lipstick to compliment the dress.

I read all 10 chapters of this story, because it is well written. The plot, while in the forced feminization universe, is realistic, because there are parents out there who will force their boys to wear what they were caught in. The dialogue is so real, you can actually put yourself in the conversation. The scenery is painted, rather than just written. The battle raging inside of Jamie, about whether he should call this whole deal off, or not, is what a lot of gay men, and transsexuals go through to find out who thye really are. I hope he can come to terms with who he really is.

I will read more of this story, even tho I disagree with the pantyhose thing, because this story flows nicely and even.

With super love & big as the sky hugs
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Nails and Hose

erin's picture

I get my nails done professionally every two weeks and I usually wear a dark pink polish because that goes with most of my outfits. I have worn true reds for just as long and many women do, red is the second most popular color at the nail salon I go to. Most popular? French nails which are natural pink and white. Red is more popular in the winter and pink in the summer. Young women often paint nails brown, grey, blue or black.

I can't wear stay-up stockings (thigh highs) because they give me intense leg discomfort, kneww-his almost as bad. Sometimes I wear garters and old fashioned hose, sometimes panty hose but mostly, no hose at all. Even with dresses, this is California. :)

Lots of women's romances and mystery series written by women include details about nail polish and hosiery. And stries written for teen-age girls.

Just a comment with a different view. Keep writing. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Hose in the Summer

I don't have a choice. I have to wear hose most everyday to help control swelling in my legs. I usually wear black or white pantyhose since support hose are so expensive. Though today I didn't wear hose, I wore lace up shoes laced really tight and my ankles still disappeared. Most people don't wear hose when it's warm, though there are the minority of us that have to wear them for swelling or other issues.

I do love this story. It's well written and very readable. Some of the plot lines are pretty unlikey, but hey, it's a story. Looking to read more.

*HUGS*
Robi

*HUGS*
Robi

While not my cup of tea a good well written story

I guess I was kind of bored tonight so I figured I'd read your story.I found it rather interesting and I didn't think of it as forced feminization but more of feminization by choice.When I started reading the story I figured it would be mostly a pantyhose fetish story and I'm thinking there might be a little more to it than that.Being ts myself I look at pantyhose as more of something that goes along with an outfit while at times they may feel nice at others they can be hot or itchy and I'm definetly more of a jeans or shorts girl.Anyways congratulations on a job well done you've peaked my curiousity and I'll be looking for the next chapter.Amy

Pantyhose Summer

To me, Jamie's mom went overboard when she got him girls shorts and shoes. To make matters worse, she has him wear one of his sister Julie's tops. That will make Jamie's date end badly. She should be ashamed of herself.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Mom worries me

Is she a concerned and loving mom who is helping her son discover who he/she is OR is she getting power hungry?

He has done everything she asks and she keeps ignoring his complaints when she escalates things beyond the original *punishment*. She asked him if he wanted to stop and why didn't he object when she bought this or that for him?. Of course he didn't because he is a polite child and mom has all the power at his age. I suspect deep in his mind he fears if he objected she could say he was a insolent boy and punish him worse.

So, anyways, she agrees to go no further and Foom! she goes further. Mom may be doing this for the best of reasons but her tactics are forced fem: lying, blaiming the victim, twisting the facts, changing the rules as she goes and so on.

Interesting read so far. Please continue.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Pantyhose 10

Hi,

So Jamies mother is pushing a bit mroe and Jamie was only mildly concerned. Is this because Jamie's mother would prefer Jamie to always dress as a girl (forced femme) or is it due to her wanting her child to find out what they wanted. I think this could go either way.

I look forward to reading more of this

Hugs

Karen

Having Jamie wear his sisters top

will cause a scene. It might break his heart as the accusations are made. Mom never told his sister about the top. That is cruel and mean

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Poetic License and hooked readers

Cindy Lou's picture

I agree with those who find the story easy flowing, colourful, and with depth of description. I might have stopped reading if it weren't for my attraction to the subject, though. Girls and boys both can love hosiery and gender bending style. I am one of them.

At some level, I do not want too much reality. Still, at some point any teenage boy would begin to blow circuits when pushed too hard. Peer pressure and image are so important - especially among guys who insist it isn't so. By now, I would expect Jamie to either be very resistant with Mom, having a war inside himself that is escalating and more powerful than the nerves of the Megan date, or at least having panics about reality, desire, and the other extreme of people that would seriously harm him (seems that shame is not a problem). Apparently he is more than accepting of his clothing and plight, because the excuses such as not wanting to challenge his Mom become more lame as the pressure builds inside.

Having said this, I recognize the worst thing about a story like this is that it will end. I am having so much fun and letting the plot flaws fall away simply because of the loving and accepting people around Jamie and the constant question of how others will react. So many good twists.

BTW, if Grandmother is sticking close to guard - or Jamie is really leaning towards the femme; I think little hints/expressions of their concerns would be appropriate.

Thanks so much for your gift a fun story. It is a real treat!

I wonder...

I wonder if Jamie realises what he now looks like to other boys of his own age? Apart from the coffee-colored pantyhose, he is now wearing girls flowery shorts, a girls top and girls shoes. He is walking around the mall dressed completely as a girl. How long before he is asked to try a pair of pretty skorts? After that, it will be just a small step to a mini skirt, which will look great with that pair of mary janes which his mom bought him. I'd love to find out what the other boys will say to him once he is wearing a skirt and heels around the mall!

Socially newbie

Jamie Lee's picture

Jamie has no trouble around the two who are due back from vacation. Why? They are basically like him, they like the same things, and they are boys like him. But what was it like for the three when they first met? Awkward, perhaps? But over time, they learned more about each other.

When did Jamie ever learn how to be friends with girls? When did he learn how to act around them? Now he's thrown a double whammy, meeting a girl he has an interest in while dressed in girls' clothing. It's a wonder he never hurled at some point.

One other point which should be brought up. While some girls have been obvious in their noticing how Jamie dresses, they might by other boys who have noticed but remained silent. If these same boys go to the same high school as Jamie, they could be waiting until school starts to express their displeasure of his attire. They could be waiting until a restroom break and harm him while in the restroom. The story doesn't say any boys have noticed how Jamie's dressed, but it is a possibility. One that would really hit his mom hard should he get hurt.

Others have feelings too.