You Are What You Read - Part Two Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version
YAWYR II
Chapter Three
by Freya

Disclaimer: I don't own any part of the Whateley Universe.

Author’s Note: I hope this isn’t too confusing. I know I’m not good at fight scenes but I figure if I don’t try I won’t get better.

The week went by pretty peacefully after that until Saturday. Asuna was coming back from a run and saw the demon looking kid from before Kim backed up to the side wall of Poe with an arm to either side of her head. She started jogging towards them but trying to keep calm telling herself that Kim could scream and get all kinds of help from Poe and that while she didn’t look happy she wasn’t looking scared either. When she was about a hundred yards away Asuna saw Kim lash out with a flurry of super speed punches that had no effect. Pushing her tired legs into a sprint Asuna shouted, “Leave her alone!” and “Call Security!”

A few seconds later Asuna was tackling the boy to the ground. “Get inside and round up help,” she gasped at Kim as she struggled to restrain the boy with her arms.

Kim ran into Poe at top speed and looked around for help. She saw Nikki coming down the stairs and ran over to her and explained the whole situation. Unfortunately her explanation was at too high a speed for Nikki to understand. Realizing that she grabbed Nikki’s hand and started pulling her towards the door.

Nikki couldn’t understand the girl but could definitely feel the fear and panic rolling off her. She let the girl pull her towards whatever was happening while over the spots she updated the others. Hank and Toni were on the way as backup with the others waiting for word.

Meanwhile outside Asuna was fighting with the demonic looking boy and a girl who had jumped into the fight on his side. It was clear she was the best trained of the three and the strongest but the two of them were fast enough to keep her hopping. The girl had four arms and dark blue skin. When she grinned it showed all pointed teeth like a shark. John, Bobby, and Karen were keeping four others from joining the fight but were unable to do more than that as Kim and Nikki rounded the corner.

John had his shell up and a tentacle of dark matter wrapping up a girl with long, inky black hair, very pale skin, red eyes, and fangs. Karen was using her telekinesis to lift two other girls into the air. One was a redhead who was beautiful if you overlooked the horns, bat wings, and a tail ending in a flat diamond shape. The other looked as if she’d been shaped out of clay but the sculptor had gotten bored before finishing. She wore a female uniform but had only what looked like mittens for hands and the only clear features on her face were her eyes which glared at the pretty young girl who held her suspended in the air. Bobby was gripping the forearms of a scaly, reptilian girl who was hissing at him.

Nikki pulled her hand free from Kim and shouted, “Auxiliary security! Stop right now. If you do not stop I’ll put you all to sleep and drag you into Kane Hall.”

Karen, hearing that, relaxed her telekinetic hold on two of those trying to get past her. John removed the dark matter tentacles from the third and Bobby let go of the fourth. Asuna dropped her katana and it vanished but she had to keep dodging as her attackers seemed not to have heard Nikki. The bat winged girl leaped at Karen as soon as she was on the ground again. Bobby jumped in between them and she grabbed him with glowing hands.

He felt her draining something from him and tried to pry her hands off unsuccessfully. Nikki seeing that cast her sleep spell on everybody. All but two people dropped asleep. Asuna stood there panting and sweating and Bobby stood there yawning and blinking his rainbow colored eyes. All the others were asleep as Toni and and Hank arrived with security.

“Nikki, can you tell me what happened here?” said Security Chief Delarose. “I came personally because I thought this was someone attacking Team Kimba but I don’t recognize the apparent victims here.”

“Well they are new Freshmen in Poe and two of them had reported getting flak from Dybbuk,” Nikki pointed to the boy who been harassing Kim. “Although they didn’t know his name the description matched. I didn’t see the start but Kim came and got me a little ago and was too upset to speak clearly so I let her bring me out here.” She gestures to the area, “Once we got here I saw two people attacking Asuna and three of her friends trying to keep four more from joining the fight.” She frowns, “Two on one wasn’t enough for them they were trying for 6 on one. When I saw that I identified myself as a security auxiliary and told them to stop or I’d hit them all with a sleep spell. The two attacking Asuna didn’t stop so she had to keep dodging but she stopping attacking back and her three friends, Karen, John, and Bobby, also stopped. The girl with the wings jumped forward at Karen with her hands glowing and Bobby, the boy still standing, jumped in front of her and took the hit whatever it was. Then I hit them all with the sleep spell. You guys showed up right after that.”

"So Heimdall and Reimei both resisted your spell?" Chaka said surprised. "I know it's not full power when spread out like that but that's still impressive."

Delarose looked at Kim then Nikki, "Do you want to vouch for her or should I ask if she minds a truth spell?"

Before Nikki could answer that Kim said, "I don't mind a truth spell!"

Delarose nodded and Nikki cast the spell on Kim.

Kim took a deep breath, "The boy you called Dybbuk cornered me when I wasn't paying attention. He kept saying I should date him and that if I didn't I was a bigot. I tried to tell him I don't like boys that way but he didn't seem to care. He had a hand on either side of my head and was looming over me and flashing these nasty pointed teeth as he kept telling me that I owed him one date. I tried telling him to leave and he wouldn't so finally I started punching him and it didn't do any good. His skin is too tough for me to hurt him no matter how many times I hit the same spot. I don't think he really wanted a date. I think he just wanted me scared and disgusted. Well anyway he was running a hand along my face and I was hitting him and trying not to break down and start crying when my wonderful girlfriend Sue saved me by knocking him off me. She was trying to restrain him and he was shouting something about oppression when she told me to go get somebody to help so I ran inside and I saw Nikki. I was nervous and scared so I was talking way too fast I guess if she didn't understand me but she came out with me and she told you the rest."

"Well that's harassment plain and simple," Delarose said. "I'd like to know how the rest got involved but for that I'll ask one of the others."

Heimdall sat down against the wall while he told his story. He said, "I'd been walking back to Poe with Karen and John when I heard Asuna calling for help. We rushed toward the shout and when we got there we saw her being attacked by two people. As we moved up to help we saw four more people closing from the other end of the building. Once we saw those people were planning to attack her too we blocked them. Then Nikki arrived and you know the rest."

Delarose sent a security person to go with Heimdall to be checked over at Doyle Medical, "We know the girl who grabbed him with glowing hands. She's called Succubus and she drains energy. Too much and the person can die. The docs at Doyle have found that her victims have extremely low sugar levels in the blood. Back when she couldn't control it they used to give her victims glucose either orally or, in more extreme cases, intravenously until they could eat a normal meal. He would probably be fine on his own but let's make sure. Between the drain and the spell however he shouldn't be walking alone though so I'm sending Jackson to help guide him there."

Nikki said, "Well I'll help get our people inside the dorm if you can handle the rest? They should stay sleeping for at least an hour."

"I'm sure we can manage," Delarose said. "Thanks for your help." As his men started carrying the others off he added, "If I find out anything you should know I'll tell you."

Nikki smiled, "Thanks chief."

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thuban

I can for see Thuban being pissed off if a group from his faction 3 is stirring up more resentment against the rest, over something so small too.
good chapter, thanks

Thank You!

It's nice to see another part of this story! Actually, the fight wasn't bad at all. Been trying to figure out how many of the "players" are canon. I'm pretty sure Heimdall is. Of course the members of TK are, as is Delarose. I think Dybbuk might be, but the rest I'm not sure of. I mostly read the stories involving Ayla and Nikki and the rest of TK, so I might have missed a few. John and Karen, Hmmmm.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It's always great to see

the Whateley Universe return. Love the fight scene.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I'm glad the fight scene was fine.
As for Canon characters, Team Kimba and Delarose are the only ones I count. I was straining my brain to come up with interesting antagonists so it's possible I grabbed a half remembered minor canon character but if so it was unintentional. Heimdall is mentioned in previous chapters of this story and similar characters to him appear in other fanfics of mine, such as Beholder from the Hawthornebury tales, but as far as I know he's strictly original.