The Other Other Night Before Christmas

Printer-friendly version

The Other other night before Christmas: A Jaci and Dottie Story

The time is 12:01 am December 21st.

In a little girl’s room, a little girl sat with a flashlight and a book, on top of which the girl was writing on a piece of paper.

Besides the flashlight, the only light in the room was a nightlight with a picture of a butterfly on it, and in the soft glow it produced the little girl could look around her room.

Beside the bed with its pink sheets with pictures of fairies on it, she had a dresser with a good supply of nighties, slips, panties, stockings, socks, and training bras. On the other side was a small table with a Disney Princess laptop, and a small bookshelf that was already overloaded with books.

On the far side of the room was an open closet, with a Barbie Princess Charm school dress prominently displayed. Beside the dress, it was stuffed with dresses, skirts, and very feminine pants and tops, but the newest outfit was a brownie uniform that hadn’t actually been used yet, as she was supposed to start going to brownies in the new year.

She took a deep breath, and went back to the little piece of paper on her lap, trying to get the words right.

Dear Santa,

I think I’ve been pretty good this year, except for the fight I had with Jenny, and we got punished for that and made up, so I hope that doesnt count.

But in all honesty, Santa, I cant think of much I need. I’m not having to hide and pretend I’m a boy anymore, I’m not being hurt by the Doctor anymore, I have a nice home with food, and clothes, and toys, and best of all, I have Tante, who has taken me in and let me find myself.

Plus I have the bestest big sister anybody could ever want in Jaci, and its for her I would like to make a request, if I could.

Santa, please send her something that reminds her that even if her parents cant see the girl she really is, we sure can, and we love her for who she is. Please send her something to thank her for everything she’s done for me, especially helping me with girl stuff I found hard. She did this, despite how much she wants to be boy, just for me.

Send her something to help her see how great a writer she is, how much I’ve learned from her to help make my own scribbles better.

And if you have the power, change the minds of her parents, so they can accept her as the person she is, not the person they wanted her to be.

Even if that means she goes home with them, and I dont see her again, that’s the best gift I could hope for her.

Thanks, Santa

Love, Dottie.

Dottie put the flashlight down, carefully folded the paper, put the book aside so she could get off the bed.

Then she carefully made her way to the living room, where a box marked “North Pole” was set up, and she put the folded paper inside, and went back to her room, switched off the flashlight, and crawled under the covers and fell asleep.

End.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh dear sweet girl!

That was such a lovely letter to Santa. And yes, you have been a good girl, fighting for your sister doesn't count as being bad. Your wish for your sister Jaci is sweet and thoughtful, and if it's within Santa's power, he will surely grant it, but dealing with adults, in such matters is at best difficult. So please don't hold it against Santa if he can't make it happen. Oh and by the way, you write just fine, so go forth and write! Merry Christmas Dottie! (Hugs) from that nice lady down the street with the popcorn(giggles). Taarpa

thanks, Taarpa

you got popcorn? when you having little Dottie and Jaci over for movies?

Giggles.

thanks so much hon.

DogSig.png