Paying The Price - Part 03

Printer-friendly version


 © November 2012


Part Three


Chapter Five

    Paula was woke the next morning when Kim’s alarm went off, telling them that it was time to get up and get ready for work. Well it was time for Kim to get ready for work, Paula was without a job at the minute, but she planned to change that hopefully. Paula was going to give the Rock Shack a call, and see if she could get her old job back.

     “Good morning sleepyhead.” Paula said as she watched Kim sit up in bed after turning the alarm off and having a stretch.

     “Morning yourself.” Kim said with a grin, just before she leaned down and planted a kiss on Paula’s warm soft lips. “I’m sorry I woke you when you don’t need to get up this early.” Kim added with a pout when they stopped kissing. “Maybe I should sleep in my own bed through the week?” Kim asked.

     “Looking at you in the morning is worth being woken up for.” Paula said with a grin just before she pulled Kim down for another kiss.

    Kim just smiled down at Paula after they stopped kissing again. “I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.” Kim said with moisture in her eyes. “I never liked boys, and being with girls didn’t feel quite right either, but the night I saw you serving drinks behind that bar, everything just fell into place.” Kim said as she started crying as she let Paula pull her into a hug.

     “I’ve always thought you were cute and really kind too, but I knew what I was going to do one day, so I just never thought it would happen between us.” Paula said as they hugged each other. “I’m glad I was wrong about it all though.” Paula added with a smile.

     “Do you regret saving me now, with what happened to you?” Kim asked, worried that all the things the others had put Paul through, might have muddied the waters between them.

     “If I knew back then, that I would be lying here with you now Kim, but I had to go through the last five months to get you.” Paula had pulled away from Kim so she could look Kim in the eyes as she said the next part. “I’d go through it all with a smile on my face.” Paula added just before she watched Kim start grinning as she tried to hug her to death.

     “I love you so much Paula.” Kim sobbed happy tears. “I felt so lost when I walked into the office last week and Mandy told me that you never returned to work after the weekend I got stabbed. I thought you’d just left, worried that I’d say something, but I kept your secret because I knew I was in love with you.” Kim said as she looked into Paula’s eyes. “I never realised that keeping that secret was going to cause you so much pain though.” Kim added.

     “We both went through a painful five months.” Paula pointed out. “I guess that you didn’t have an easy five months recovering from being stabbed?” Paula asked.

     “It was very painful. That asshole did some real damage to me, and I’m still recovering from it even now.” Kim said with anger in her voice.

     “I’m sorry I couldn’t stop him from hurting you Kim. I should have tried harder.” Paula said, as she tried to think back to what she could have done differently that night.

     “You were lucky not to wind up dead yourself Paula.” Kim said with fear in her voice. “The police told me that they had done that sort of thing before, and I would have been raped and probably stabbed to death anyway. They had a couple of other cases open that they were hoping to tie them to as well.” Kim told her.

     “I guess they didn’t like the odds of two on two then?” Paula said with a grin.

     “No they didn’t, and the man you kneed in the balls won’t be adding to the gene pool anytime soon either.” Kim giggled. “Seems like you broke something and he had to go to the hospital with the problem, and that’s how the police finally caught them both.” Kim added with a proud look on her face as she looked at Paula.

     “It’s nice to know that something good came out of all that then.” Paula giggled, but was soon looking all serious when she spoke again. “Kim, before we get too involved with each other, I just need to make a few things clear. I do love you with all my heart, just as you love me, but I will never be able to give you children.” Paula pointed out. She already knew that the hormones Karen had been giving her took care of that, not that she cared about it until now.

     “That kind of makes you perfect for me then Paula, because I can’t have children.” Kim said with a sad smile. “The stabbing took care of that.” She added with a sigh just before she hugged Paula a little tighter and then got hugged a little tighter from Paula.

     “You know what that means then Kim?” Paula asked sounding all serious again.

     “What?” Kim asked looking worried that Paula was going to say they shouldn’t be together anymore.

     “We’ll just have to adopt a bunch of kids instead.” Paula said with a grin.

    Kim started grinning as all the worry washed away and she started to cover Paula’s face in kisses. Then Kim saw the time and knew that if she didn’t get in the bathroom soon, she’d be waiting for one of the others to finish in there. It was times like this when Kim envied Karen having the largest bedroom in the house, with its own private bathroom. Kim slid out of bed, gave Paula one last kiss on the lips this time, and she was gone out the room with clean underwear and towel flapping around behind her as she ran.

    Paula slipped out of bed and put on her dressing gown before she made her way down to help Casey with breakfast, so the others could eat and get off to work. Paula and Casey would shower and get dressed after they had all left.

    Casey was just making a pot of tea when Paula walked into the kitchen. Paula had to grin when Casey stopped what she was doing and ran over to give her a hug and kiss her on the cheek before speaking a word. “Good morning Paula. I trust you slept well last night?”

     “Morning Case. I slept great, but it’s a shame Kim has to work today.” Paula said with a sigh as she let Casey lead the way back over to the side where she was sorting out the drinks.

     “Well we can’t all be ladies of leisure like you.” Casey said with a grin.

     “Hey! I was working two jobs before you and your band of cohorts kidnapped me and turned me into your little prisoner.” Paula said jokingly, but saw right away that it hit Casey really hard to hear her say it out loud. “I’m sorry Case; I didn’t mean it to sound like that. I was just joking with you.” Paula added as she went to give Casey a hug to show there was no hard feeling.

    Casey stepped back looking upset still. “Don’t be sorry Paula. You have every right to be pissed off with us for what we did to you. I wish I could do something to help make it up to you.” Casey said with a sigh.

     “I have one idea for you to do just that, but first I’ll need a hug from you to prove that you’re still my friend.” Paula said with a pout as she held her arms out to get a hug from Casey.

    Casey started grinning, but was soon hugging Paula, as Paula hugged her. “Okay, what is it I can help you with?” Casey asked when they broke the hug.

     “I’m thinking of going to The Rock Shack and trying to get my bar job back later today, but I’m scared to go out on my own, and was wondering if you’d come with me?” Paula asked looking nervous.

     “What time do we leave?” Was all Casey asked with a grin.

     “You’re the best Casey!” Paula shouted with a big grin on her face as she pulled Casey into another hug.

     “I know I am, but don’t let the others here you say that, or you’ll never hear the last of it.” Casey said in a matter of fact way as she finished making the pot of tea.

    Paula started giggling as she set to work grilling some bacon while Casey shredded some lettuce and sliced up some tomatoes so they could make BLT’s for everyone. They had the first batch done and on the kitchen table when Karen and Stacey entered the room.

     “Morning Casey, Paula.” Stacey said as she walked over to give them both a kiss on the cheek and a hug. “Do you need any help either of you?” She asked.

     “No, take a seat and get stuck in.” Casey told her with a smile. “Tea should be mashed by now, so you can pour everyone a cup out.” Casey added as she watched Stacey make her way over to the table.

     “Good morning Paula, Casey.” Karen said as she took Stacey’s place and gave each of them a kiss on the other cheek and then hugged them. “Something smells really good.” Karen added as she took in a deep breath through her nose.

     “Morning Karen, take a seat and get stuck in then if you’re hungry.” Paula smiled, as she loved the idea of being just one of the girls.

    Karen did as she was told and had a sip from her mug of tea, then picked up one of the sandwiches and started eating, just like Stacey already was.

    Paula and Casey were just bringing the last plate of BLT’s over to the table when Kim and Rebecca entered the kitchen. Kim started grinning at Paula as she walked over and took the seat next to her at the table. Paula smiled back at her as they all started eating.

     “So what you got planned for today then Paula?” Karen asked, just trying to make light conversation while they ate.

     “I’m going to try and get my old job back at the club.” Paula said sounding nervous about it. “I’m not holding out much hope, but it’s worth a shot.” She added with a shrug.

     “Will you be alright going out on your own Paula?” Kim asked with worry written all over her face.

     “She’ll be fine Kimmie. I’ll be going with her.” Casey said, as she tried to look all tough while she said it.

     “That makes all the difference then.” Kim said as she threw her hands up in the air. “Now I’m really worried about you.” Kim added with an even bigger worried look on her face. She was soon giggling though when she saw the hurt look on Casey’s face.

     “She’ll be perfectly safe with me Kimmie.” Casey pouted. “I have a good mind to take her shopping now, after she’s got her job back, just to spite you.” Casey added as she stuck her tongue out at Kim.

    They all started giggling as they watched Kim and Casey sticking their tongues out at each other in some strange sort of competition. They finally stopped and carried on eating their breakfast.

    Once they had all finished eating, Kim, Rebecca, Stacey and Karen all gave Paula and Casey a hug and peck on the cheek before they left for work. They all wished Paula luck with getting her job back, but also told her not to worry too much if it didn’t work out, as they would look after her until she got back on her feet.

     “I’m grateful for all the help I’m getting from you all, but if I’m going to do this real life test, then I need a job, so I can show them that I really want to be a woman.” Paula said with some pleading in her voice.

     “We owe you this much Paula.” Stacey said as she gave Paula another hug.

     “I don’t want you to feel like you owe me anything Stacey.” Paula said sounding hurt this time. “I just want to feel like one of you, like you want me to live here because you all like me, not because you all feel guilty.” Paula added close to tears.

     “We do want you here with us Paula!” Stacey shouted, but looked sorry for Paula when she saw her jump and flinch away from her looking scared. “Sorry about that Paula, but I do mean it when I say that we’re glad to have you as part of our little gang.” Stacey added as she pulled a shaking Paula into another hug.

    They could all see that Paula still had a long way to go before she was able to trust them fully. They were also happy that Casey would be with her while out in the big bad world.

    Kim stepped up to Paula and gave her an extra special hug and kissed her on the lips before speaking. “Good luck with getting your job back at the club. Promise me that you will call and let me know what happened either way.” Kim said with a stern look.

     “I promise.” Paula said with a smile just before she leaned in to give Kim another kiss. Paula had to giggle when she watched Stacey and Rebecca drag her out the kitchen complaining that they weren’t going to risk getting the sack, just so she could spend more time making out with her new girlfriend. Paula liked the sound of being Kim’s new girlfriend.

    Paula and Casey got the dishes washed, dried and put away before they cleaned up the house and got the washing machine going, and then sitting down with a bowl of soup and a sandwich each. Paula knew that their wouldn’t be anyone at the club until just after one in the afternoon, so they would leave the house at one, and give the manager of the club time to get settled in before she turned up to beg for her job back.

     “So what you planning to wear for the interview Paula?” Casey asked as they sat eating.

     “I was thinking subtle Goth. Black gypsy skirt, purple velvet peasant top, and studded chain belt and my knee high sexy boots.” Paula said with a grin.

     “Sounds super sexy girl.” Casey giggled. “You got anything for me to borrow, so I don’t look out of place stood next to you?” Casey asked with a pout.

     “You’re welcome to borrow anything of mine, any time Case.” Paula said with a grin.

     “You may live to regret that girlfriend.” Casey said with a grin.

     “It’s never going to happen Case. I love being able to share my clothes with you and the others.”

     “I hope you realise that it goes both ways Paula? You’re welcome to borrow any of my clothes as well.” Casey said as she got up from the table, so she could take her dirty dishes over to the sink and leave them to soak.

    Paula got up and took hers over so Casey could put them in soak as well. “Are you sure you want me to borrowing your clothes Casey?” Paula asked looking worried.

     “Why wouldn’t I?” Casey asked with a puzzled look.

     “Because you know that I’m not like you.” Paula said in a whisper as she looked down at her feet, or more her breasts that blocked the view of her feet.

     “Paula, you’re as much of a girl as I am where it counts in here and here.” Casey said as she pointed at Paula’s head and then her chest. “And you’ll soon alter the other little bits to match the way you feel, so please feel free to come in and borrow my stuff whenever you feel like it.” She added with a grin, just before she grabbed Paula’s hand and dragged her up to get changed ready to go out.

    Paula soon found herself stood in her room watching Casey slip out of her skirt and top so she could see what clothes she looked best in that Paula owned. Paula was a little shocked that Casey would just strip down to her bra and panties, but soon shrugged it off and started pulling things out for Casey to try on.

     “You have some really nice stuff here Paula.” Casey said as she tried on a black velvet dress with a blue lace cross on the chest area. “I think I’ll wear this, but I better change my white bra for a black one.” She added as she looked in the mirror and saw the white bra showing through the blue lace cross.

     “That looks good on you Case.” Paula smiled as she watched Casey doing a sexy pose in the mirror. “I’ve never worn that dress myself. You could see that I had fake breasts when I tried it on.” Paula added as she thought about how sad she was when she got home with it from the post office and tried it on. She’d tried a number of ways to make it work, but nothing ever made it look like she had real breasts showing.

     “You could wear it now Paula.” Casey said with a grin, as she looked down at the breasts Paula now had. They were still on the small side, but they were real breasts still. “I’ll find something else to wear.” Casey said as she slipped the dress off over her head.

     “Please wear it for me Case, you look so good in it, and I feel sorry for the dress not being worn by anyone before.” Paula said with some pleading in her voice. “I’ll get to wear it soon, but not until I’ve grown a little more.” Paula added as she stuck her chest out and giggled.

     “Okay then, but I promise you this missy; I’ll have you in it one day very soon.” Casey said with a warning look and a point of her finger. “Right, I need to see if I have any black tights to wear, I know I’ve got plenty of black bras.” Casey added as she made a mental list of what she needed, to pull off the look.

     “I’ve got some really great tights that will look perfect with that dress Case.” Paula said as she ran over and opened a draw before pulling out a stack of tights still in their packets. She was soon handing Casey a packet that had a picture on the front with a pair of legs wrapped in black tights with barbwire winding all around them. “If you have some black knee high boots, you’ll look really hot.” Paula added with a grin.

     “I have a couple of pairs.” Casey was grinning. “Thanks for these.” Casey added as she held up the packet of tights. She put the tights down on Paula’s bed before she left the room to return a couple of minutes later carrying a pair of boots and a matching bra and panty set to change into.

    Paula couldn’t help but look as she watched Casey strip naked right in front of her before picking up the panties and starting to slip them on. Casey stopped when she saw Paula looking at her. “You’ll get there one day Paula.” Casey said with a smile.

     “What? Oh sorry Case.” Paula said when she realised that she’d been stood looking at Casey’s body. “You look amazing though by the way.” Paula blushed.

     “Thanks!” Casey giggled as she struck another sexy pose as she watched Paula try to look everywhere except at her. “You really need to let Paul go and embrace who you really are girl.” Casey said as she pulled up her panties and walked over to where Paula was stood looking at a blank spot on the wall.

    Paula was still blushing when Casey lifted her hand to Paula’s chin and turned her head to look at her. “Is it okay for me to look at another woman’s body?” Paula asked looking worried and confused.

     “Hell yes!” Casey said, making Paula jump. “Sorry, got to stop doing that around you.” Casey giggled.

     “Don’t worry about it Case. I need to stop being so scared of you all shouting.” Paula shrugged. “I know you won’t hurt me.” She added with a smile.

     “We may kill you with kindness, but that’s not such a bad way to go is it?” Casey asked.

     “I could cope with dying that way Case.” Paula giggled.

     “Right! Back to the point I was trying to make.” Casey said as she got back to the subject of Paula looking at other women’s bodies. “We all check out other women hon, so just relax and enjoy the show. You’ve got the added fact that you’re head over heels in love with a girl, even though you want to be one as well.” Case added as she playfully pushed Paula’s shoulder.

     “Don’t you find it a little odd that I want to be a girl, but I love a girl still?” Paula asked.

     “We can’t help who we love hon.” Casey said with a sigh. “I have a real thing for the bad boys, even though I always get my heart broken by them in the end.” She added with a pout.

     “I have noticed that over the past five months Case.” Paula said as she gave Casey a quick hug.

     “Oh yes. I’d forgotten that you had to listen to me moan about each and every one of them, when I found out they were seeing another girl behind my back.” Casey said as she let out a sigh while resting her head on Paula’s shoulder.

     “Not all of them Case.” Paula said looking at the brighter side. There was that one guy Troy I think his name was. He was seeing another guy behind your back.” Paula giggled.

     “That doesn’t make me feel better Paula.” Casey giggled as they broke the hug and she playfully started slapping Paula.

     “No, but it made you giggle.” Paula pointed out as she tried to dodge Casey’s attack.

    Casey went to argue with Paula, but realised that Paula had a point, and she did feel better laughing about it all. “You make me feel better about myself girlfriend. Where have you been all my life?” Casey asked as she gave Paula another quick hug before kissing her on the cheek.

     “Well I’ve been hiding in the cellar for the past five months.” Paula whispered as she looked around like she was trying to keep a big secret.

    Casey saw the humour in what Paula said this time and let it wash over her. She knew she had a long way to go before she forgave herself, but she was happy that Paula was willing to let it go. “I feel lucky to be able to call you my friend Paula. I hope you feel that you’ll be able to come and talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to about anything.” Casey said as she hugged Paula a little tighter before breaking away, so she could finish getting dressed.

     “Thanks Case, now get some clothes on you tart!” Paula giggled as she playfully slapped Casey on the backside as she turned to go and retrieve the bra off the bed.

    Casey giggled as she ran over to the bed and picked up the bra and then slipped it on, seating her breasts in the cups and then hooking it shut at the back. Paula slipped out of her scruffy skirt and top before slipping on a pair of fishnet tights and then she changed her bra before she put on the velvet top and then the gypsy skirt. Paula then sat on the bed, so she could slip on her boots before getting up and going over to the dressing table she now had. She sat and added eye shadow and mascara to give her a blond gothic look before adding nearly black lipstick to finish the look.

     “What do you think Case?” Paula asked as she stood up and struck a sexy pose for Casey.

     “Wow! You look really good Paula. I think you look much better as a blond than you do with the black wig on.” Casey said as she took in the way Paula looked right now, compared to how she looked the other night when Kim got her to dress up just like she’d been dressed when she saved Kim from being raped and murdered.

     “Thanks Case, but you’re not looking to bad yourself.” Paula said as she looked at Casey, now she was wearing the dress and the barbwire tights. Paula watched as Casey sat on the bed and then slipped on the boots she’d brought back into the room with her earlier.

     “Thanks hon, but can you help me with my makeup? I love the look you’ve got right now.” Casey said as she looked closer at what Paula had done with her makeup.

     “I’ll give it a go, but I’ve never tried doing anyone else’s makeup before.” Paula warned as she got up and then let Casey take her seat so she could get started.

    Paula took a couple of deep breaths to steady her nerves before she started to work on Casey’s makeup for her. Once she relaxed and just let the picture of how she wanted Casey to look when she’d done form in her mind, Paula found it easier to work on someone else’s makeup than it was her own.

     “I could get use to having someone else do my makeup for me.” Casey smiled as she sat with her eyes shut and let Paula work on her.

     “You might change your mind when you see what a mess I’ve made.” Paula said as she added the finishing touches to Casey’s eye makeup. “All done.” Paula finally said as she stepped back and let Casey take a look in the mirror.

     “Wow girl, you’re good.” Casey grinned as she looked in the mirror at the dark moody looking eyes she now had, and the dark purple lipstick Paula had added to make her skin look even paler than it already was. “I think I could get into this Goth look.” Casey added as she turned her head from side to side, so she could take in the full look.

    Paula had teased Casey’s short blond hair into a wilder spiky look before using hairspray to hold it in place. Paula had longer hair than Casey, but they looked a little like sisters now they were stood side by side looking in the full length mirror Paula had in the corner of the room.

     “Do you really think I did an okay job Case?” Paula asked looking nervous still that Casey was just trying to be nice to her, but was about to wipe it all off and redo it herself.

     “Okay? I love it Paula!” Casey said as she leapt at Paula and hugged her. “I’d kiss you on the cheek, but I don’t want to leave a lipstick mark for you to clean off.” Casey added with a giggle.

     “Do you think I look okay?” Paula asked when they stopped hugging each other and stepped back.

     “I’ve already told you that you make a really cute blonde Goth, so stop worrying and let’s see about getting you your old job back.” Casey said as she handed Paula her little coffin shaped backpack. “I thought you’d be used to being out dressed like this by now Paula?” Casey asked as they made their way downstairs after Casey grabbed a cute little panda shaped backpack that suited the way she now looked.

     “I used to get ready, and then call a taxi to take me to the club, so I never had to be around to many people.” Paula said.

     “What about all the people at the club while you were serving them drinks?” Casey asked with a puzzled look.

     “They were more interested in getting their drinks than looking at me. And if you’d ever seen what some of the people dressed like while in there, you would think I was just a normal looking girl.” Paula giggled as she thought about some of the people she’d seen in the club.

     “So you got to see some interesting sights then while you worked there before?” Casey asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I once had to serve a man that looked like a member of ZZtops, but he was wearing a body hugging pink mini dress, black fishnets, white girlie ankle socks and pink high heels.” Paula giggled some more.

     “Do you mean the band where to two on guitars have the long bushy beards?” Casey asked as she remembered seeing a video on one of the music channels once.

     “Yep the very same.” Paula nodded with a grin. “Now picture one of them dressed in what I just told you.” Paula added with a giggle.

    Casey was soon putting her hand over her mouth as she burst out in a fit of giggles. “I’m sorry Paula, I shouldn’t laugh.” Casey said looking a little upset with herself.

     “Why not, it was a funny sight to see. He did get a couple of drinks brought for him though.” Paula shrugged as she didn’t understand why Casey was saying sorry to her.

     “I just don’t want you to think I see you in the same light as that.” Casey explained.

     “I think I felt like that for the past twenty two years dressing as Paul, when all I wanted to do was dress like you and the others.” Paula said with a sigh. “All this feels right to me now, having you and the others treating me like one of the girls.” Paula smiled.

     “That’s because you are one of the girls silly!” Casey giggled as she gave Paula another hug.

    Paula couldn’t get use to all the hugging the girls did, not that she was going to start complaining about it. She’d spend all her life trying to play the macho male and keeping a low profile, so all this touching and hugging felt good.

     “Thanks for being my friend Case.” Paula said as they hugged.

     “You’re welcome girlfriend.” Casey said in return as they broke the hug. “Right then, let’s go and catch the bus into down!” Casey added with a grin.

     “I thought we’d get a taxi to the club? I don’t mind paying for it Case.” Paula said with some worry in her voice.

     “We could do that, but we need to get you used to being out in the daylight and around people if you ever want to do this real life test you were telling me about.” Casey said playing the bossy big sister as she led Paula out the house and then locked the front door.

    Paula realised that all her stuff was in that house, and she didn’t have a key to get back in again. “Do you think the others will ever trust me enough to give me a key?” Paula asked in a whisper as she realised that she was still a kept person, no matter how friendly they all were to her now.

     “That’s one of the things I need to get sorted while we’re out today.” Casey smiled. “We already trust you Paula.” Casey said with a warm smile as she slipped her arm through Paula’s as she pulled her off down the path to the main road, and then down towards the nearest bus stop.

     “Sorry Case, but this all seems too good to be true.” Paula said with a sigh. “I keep waiting for something bad to happen.” She added in a whisper as she looked around to make sure the others weren’t waiting to jump out at her.

     “After the hell we put you through Paula, I can understand that, but all I can say is that I promise you none of us plan to hurt you in any way, other than to help you become the person you should have been at birth.” Casey said with a hand on her heart.

     “Thanks for wanting to be my friend, and helping me.” Paula smiled as she let Casey lead her down the road. “Stacey still scares me a lot, but I know that she doesn’t mean to. It’s just that every time I hear her shout...” Paula trailed off.

     “We’ve all noticed that you flinch, or jump when her volume goes up. I think Stacey has noticed too.” Casey said with a sigh. “Just give it some time, and you will see that she’s all talk.” Casey added with a wave of her hand.

    They were soon stood at the bus stop with a couple of other people, so they just took a seat and waited for the bus to arrive, and take them into town, so Paula could go to the club and see about getting her old job back, and Casey could go and sort out a set of keys for Paula to come and go as she pleased at the house.



Chapter Six

    The bus had a lot of people on it, so Paula and Casey didn’t speak much until they were in town and walking up the road towards the night club.

     “You didn’t have to walk me to the club Case! I’m sure I would have been fine on my own.” Paula said as she let Casey drag her up the road to where the club was. Part of Paula thought that Casey was just being a good friend, but another part wondered if Casey was just keeping an eye on her to stop her from running away, or going to the police and reporting them for what they had done to her. Paula’s worries about the latter part of her thinking were put to rest when they got to the night club.

     “I’ll leave you on your own from here then Paula.” Casey said as they stood at the bottom of the steps to the club. “I’ll wish you luck, and I’ll also meet you right here when you’ve done.” Casey added as she pointed at the ground between the two of them.

    Paula looked down for some strange reason, like she was going to see a little sign painted on the ground that said “Paula and Casey stand here!” There was no sign, but Paula smiled when she saw the worried look on Casey’s face. It was a worried look of a good friend, not someone worried whether or not she could be getting arrested later in the day.

     “Thanks for wishing me luck Case, I think I’ll need it.” Paula said as she looked up at a poster stuck on the wall at the side of the main entrance and saw it said, under new management. “Looks like the old manager has moved on, so I may just be wasting my time doing this.” Paula added with a sigh.

     “You’ll never know until you try hon.” Casey smiled as she turned Paula to face the steps up to the main door and gave her a little push towards them. “Call me when you get done, and I’ll come and meet you back here, so we can go and do some window shopping after.” Casey added with a grin.

     “Okay Case, I’ll see you later.” Paula said as she looked back and saw that Casey was already wandering off down the road. Casey didn’t want to give Paula any more reasons to not go and try to get her job back.

    Paula got up to the main doors and looked at the buzzer for a couple of minutes before she could pluck up the courage to push the button. When she did finally push it, it sounded loud enough to wake the dead, but Paula thought it was just her nerves getting the better of her. She took in a deep breath when she heard the door being unlocked, but she soon smiled when she saw Stan stood there looking at her with a puzzled look on his face, then she remembered that Stan had only ever met the black haired heavily made up Paula before now.

     “Good afternoon Miss, can I help you with something?” Stan asked with a smile.

     “Hi Stan. Long time, how you been keeping?” Paula started grinning when she saw the puzzled look get a little deeper when Paula called him by name. “The boyfriend still worried about his weight?” She asked, knowing that this would remind Stan of who she was.

     “Paula?! Is that you?” Stan asked as he looked the woman up and down. “Where the hell did you disappear off to? I’ve not seen or heard from you in what? Six months?” Stan asked as he stepped out of the building and gave Paula a hug.

     “Hello Stan.” Paula giggled as she let the large man hug her. “It’s only been five months by the way.” She pointed out when they broke the hug.

     “You pull a vanishing act on us, and now you’re going to stand there and argue with me over a month?” Stan asked looking a little angry with her. “You’re looking good though, a little thin maybe, but also a little more filled out in other areas.” He added as he noticed how the skirt fit better on her larger hips, and her skin looked much smoother now. Thanks to all the female hormones that Karen had been giving her.

     “Sorry about that, but something came up, and I got caught up in the middle of it.” Paula explained in a very vague way.

     “Did it have anything to do with the girl getting stabbed in the alley up the side of the club?” Stan asked with a raised eyebrow. “You were the woman that saved her from being raped weren’t you?” He asked.

    Paula went to argue with him, but saw the look in his eyes and already knew he knew the truth. “Yes I saw what the two men were about to do and stepped in to stop them, but she still got stabbed and I panicked and ran away before the police showed up.” Paula said with her head hung low in shame.

     “All water under the bridge Paula. So what brings you back to this neck of the woods then?” Stan asked as he led Paula into the club and locked the doors again.

     “I was hoping to get my old job back, but I see that the club is under new management, so I guess as soon as they find out I just up and left one night, they won’t want to give me a job.” Paula said looking defeated before she even spoke to the new manager of the club. “What’s the new boss like to work for Stan?” Paula asked, hoping that Stan would say they were good to work for.

    Paula had liked the old manager because he was pretty easy going and didn’t give any of the staff any hassle. He also let things slide that he really shouldn’t have. Paula had seen guys pushing drugs while she served behind the bar, but kept out of it after telling the old manager, and he told her she never saw anything in a way that said keep out of it if you know what’s good for you, so she did.

     “The new boss is good to work for, but they run a tight ship now. No more drugs being sold.” Stan said, as if he’d just been reading Paula’s mind. “The old boss got arrested after the club was raided one night about a fortnight after you vanished.” Stan added.

     “Is the new boss here now? I’d like to ask if they would give me a chance to come back and work here again.” Paula asked, but didn’t look very hopeful.

     “Yes the new boss is here.” Stan smiled. “I’ll take you up to their office, so you can beg your case, but I think it will be a waste of time Paula.” Stan added with a sigh as he shook his head from side to side, not looking very hopeful for her.

     “I understand that Stan, but I need to try.” Paula said as she followed Stan through a set of doors and then up some steps and down a hallway to another set of doors.

     “Take a seat and I’ll let the new boss know that you’re here.” Stan said as he guided Paula over to a sofa in the outer room. He then walked over to another set of doors before knocking and entered when he heard a woman tell him to.

    Paula suddenly realised that she didn’t know if the new boss was a man or a woman. Paula heard a woman tell Stan to enter the room, but she could just be working with the boss, and told Stan to enter while he was on the phone. Paula sat waiting for nearly ten minutes before she saw the door open again and Stan step out the room to look at her.

     “The boss will see you now Paula.” Stan said looking worried for her. Paula noticed that his eyes didn’t match the look he had on his face, but Paula was nervous and couldn’t trust what she was seeing.

     “Thanks for getting me a chance to explain my case to them Stan.” Paula smiled as she stepped into the room and looked over her shoulder just in time to see Stan close the door and leave her alone with the new manager.

    Paula turned her attention to the new manager now, and was shocked to see a blonde woman sat behind a large desk as she looked down at some paperwork. Paula took in the way the woman was dressed. She had a rock chick look to her, with a form fitting leather dress that Paula couldn’t see how long it was, but she thought the woman had a great set of legs and a to die for pair of black leather boots on. Paula knew this because she could see them through the gap in the front of the desk.

     “So you’ve come to beg for your job back?” The woman asked, not bothering to look up from the papers on her desk. “I hear you walked out feeling ill one Friday night, and was never heard from again until today.” The woman added in a cold voice. “How do I know you won’t do the same thing again and leave me short staffed?” She asked.

     “I’m sorry about that, but things happened that were beyond my control ma’am, but if you give me another chance, I will not let you down again.” Paula said with some pleading in her voice.

     “Stanley was telling me that you had something to do with that poor girl being stabbed, is that true?” The woman asked, still not bothering to look at her even once. Paula was beginning to think the woman was just wasting her time now.

     “I was there that night, and I stopped the two men from raping her, but I wasn’t able to stop one of them from stabbing her. I then panicked and fled the scene because I didn’t want to get caught by the police, as I knew the woman that got stabbed. We worked together and she’d noticed that I wasn’t what I appeared to be.” Paula explained.

     “Yes, Stanley explained that you weren’t born a girl.” The woman said in a dry cold voice.

    Paula was getting upset with the way this woman was treating her, and she wasn’t going to stand here and take any more of it. “I can see that I’m just wasting your time ma’am, so I’ll just leave now.” Paula said as she turned to leave. “I’m not really sorry I wasted your time!” Paula spat out as she walked over to the door and went to open it so she could leave. Paula stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the woman start to giggle.

     “What the hell do you find so funny?” Paula asked as she turned back to face the woman she saw as a stuck up little bitch on a power trip. Paula was just about to speak again when she saw the woman’s face for the first time, and then she just stood with her mouth open as she looked the woman in the eyes.

     “Nice to see you still have a temper on you Paula.” The woman giggled some more.

     “Tink?” Paula finally asked when her mouth started working again. “What the hell are you doing sat behind that desk? Were you and Stan just winding me up?” She asked as she let her shoulders slump.

     “Please come and take a seat Paula.” Tink giggled as she pointed to a sofa over in the corner of the room as she got up from behind the desk and made her way over and took a seat there herself.

    Paula finally got to see the full outfit Tink was wearing, and Paula thought it looked custom made just to fit Tink’s body as it hugged her waist and flared out over her hips before wrapping around her legs and ending about six inches above Tink’s knees.

     “Can I just say that you look amazing in that leather dress Tink.” Paula said as she walked over and sat on the sofa next to Tink. “Very different to the black jeans and t-shirt I used to see you wearing when you served down in the club.” Paula added with a nervous giggle.

     “I’m sorry about upsetting you just now Paula, but I was angry with how you just vanished five months ago.” Tink pouted in the same way Paula always remembered her doing when they served behind the bar together. “Thanks for the complement about the dress. This is how I normally dress; I was undercover when I was working with you behind the bar.” She added.

     “Undercover? Are you working for the police?” Paula asked looking worried now.

     “No!” Tink laughed. “Far worse than that Paula. I work for my father; he owns this night club and a lot more of them around the country as well.” Tink said with a frown. “He has some friends on the police force and they told him about drugs being sold in one of is clubs, so he put me in undercover to see what was going on.” Tink added.

     “So our friendship was just part of some cover to find out what was going on?” Paula asked looking a little hurt that Tink used her like she did.

     “No! Our friendship was real Paula!” Tink said looking even more hurt than Paula did. “I tried to track you down just after you went missing, but then daddy called the police in and I’ve been looking after this place ever since. Please believe me Paula.” Tink added with a pleading to her voice.

     “I’m sorry for jumping the gun there for a second then Tink.” Paula said with a sigh. “I’ve had a strange time of it since we last saw each other.” Paula added with a frown.

     “Do you want to talk about it hon?” Tink asked, sounding just like the old Tink did when they worked behind the bar together. “Are you on hormones now? You look a little different yourself.” Tink said with a grin.

     “No I don’t want to talk about it, and yes I’m taking hormones now, and I’m going to be seeing a doctor soon as well.” Paula said. She didn’t want to tell Tink that she’d been locked in a cellar for the past five months being punished for something she never did. Stacey, Rebecca, Karen and Casey were all doing their best to help her get over it and also help her become Paula for real. Paula didn’t want to see any of her friends get locked up for a foolish mistake.

     “How can you already be on hormones if you haven’t seen a doctor yet?” Tink asked with a worried look. “Please tell me you’ve not been buying them off the internet?” Tink looked really worried now. “You don’t always get what they say you are.” Tink added.

     “No, nothing like that Tink.” Paula smiled. “I’ve got a friend that works at the hospital, she’s been helping me out, but now she says I need to go see a doctor and get things moving properly” Paula explained.

     “It still sounds very dangerous taking things like that without seeing a doctor first hon.” Tink told her. “I also get the feeling that you’re keeping something from me as well.” Tink added with a raised eyebrow.

     “I am Tink, but I don’t want to talk about it. People could get in trouble if it ever came to light, so please just leave it alone.” Paula said with some pleading in her voice.

     “Okay Paula, but I’m here if you ever need to talk.” Tink smiled.

     “Thanks Tink, but it looks like you have your hands full running this place and I need to go and find a job.” Paula said with a sigh. “I was hoping to get my old job back so it wouldn’t affect me seeing the doctors and other people I’ll need to see as well.” Paula added looking hopeful that Tink would be kind enough to give her a job. This was soon dashed when Tink spoke.

     “I wish I could give you your old job back Paula, but I think it would be a waste of time.” Tink shrugged.

     “I understand Tink. Thanks for taking the time to see me anyway. It was great seeing you again; good luck getting this place in shape, but I need to go and find a job now” Paula added as she turned to leave.

     “What’s wrong with working for me Paula?” Tink asked with a hurt tone to her voice.

     “You just said you couldn’t let me have my old job back.” Paula said looking puzzled. “You think I’ll just up and vanish again on you.” She added.

     “That’s not what I said Paula. I said it would be a waste of time putting you back behind the bar, not because you might up and leave again, but because I could use you in a much better spot.” Tink said with a grin.

     “What are you talking about?” Paula asked.

     “I’d like you to help me run the club and keep an eye on everything.” Tink said with an even bigger grin. “I saw how you kept the bar running smoothly when we worked together, and I would like to use that in all areas of the club with you working alongside me.” Tink added looking hopeful that Paula would say yes to her.

     “How do you know you can trust me Tink?” Paula asked. “I disappeared for five months, and just now return to ask for my old job back, and you want me to help you run the place?” Paula asked, but was more trying to get it all straight in her own head.

     “Are you saying that I can’t trust you?” Tink asked.

     “No! But it’s just a shock to come begging for my old job back, and get offered a new one instead.” Paula argued.

     “I was just sat thinking about where you might be when Stan walked in and told me you were sat out in the other office. Now if that isn’t a sign that I need you working at my side Paula, then I don’t know what is.” Tink said with a giggle.

    Paula was shocked to find out that Tink had missed her when she vanished just over five months ago. Paula hadn’t thought anyone had missed her. “You really missed me Tink?” Paula had to ask with a tear in her eye. “I didn’t think anyone missed me.” She added in a whisper as she fell back onto the sofa where she’d just got up from to leave.

     “Yes I missed you silly!” Tink said as she took hold of Paula’s hand. “I tried to call you after I got your mobile number from Dean, but the stupid asshole wrote it down wrong.” Tink added with anger in her voice.

    Dean was the old manager that had been arrested for allowing drugs to be sold in the club while he turned a blind eye to it. Paula never liked the man, but he had given Paula a job without any trouble or strange looks. He’d also never asked for an address, other than her bank details to pay her wages into.

     “Dean never was the sharpest knife in the draw was he?” Paula asked with a giggle.

     “No he wasn’t. My father took him on when he brought the club. He still wishes he’d just let the guy go.” Tink said with a sigh. “I had to let some of the old staff go as well. I found that some of them were skimming the till as they served.” Tink added looking a little sad for needing to do that.

     “I never did anything like that Tink.” Paula promised her.

     “I know you didn’t Paula. I even tempted you a couple of times, but you always owned up to the till being up on what it should have had in it.” Tink added with a smile.

     “You were testing me?” Paula asked looking hurt again now. “What if I’d been tempted? Would you have got me fired, just like you did with the other members of staff you let go?” Paula snapped.

     “No! I never would have done that, not if I’d set you up in the first place Paula.” Tink said with a hand on her heart. “I only set you up after I couldn’t see you skimming from the till, so I set up my little test to see if you were maybe a little cleverer than the others that I’d noticed, but you told me the till was up and then made a note for Dean, just like you should. I knew then that you could be trusted and I passed it on to my father.” Tink smiled.

     “I’d never steal from anyone Tink. I wouldn’t like to have someone steal from me, so I would never do it to them.” Paula said with pride.

     “I know that Paula, and this is why I want you working alongside me here at the club.” Tink said with a grin. “So what do you say, do you want the job or not?” She asked.

     “When do I start boss?” Paula asked with a giggle.

     “It’s still Tink to you, and you just did.” She said as she looked at her watch before getting up from the sofa and walking back over to the desk. “I just need you to fill out all this paperwork, so we can start your insurance and get your wages going into your account.” Tink said with a smile as she slid the paperwork over to the other side of the desk ready for Paula to fill in. “It’ll be nice to have your mobile number as well, so make sure you write it down correctly.” Tink giggled.

    Paula filled it all in and gave the new address as the place she was living now. She also gave Tink her old bank account details, but she knew that she needed to get her name legally changed, so she could then get the account name changed over to say Paula, and not Paul like it did at the minute. Paula also wrote down her mobile number and watched as Tink programmed it into her phone right there and then. Paula giggled when she saw her phone ring and Tink started grinning.

     “Now I know I have the right number.” Tink said.

    Paula programmed Tink’s name in next to the number that had just called her and smiled now she knew that Tink wanted to be friends with her. Paula was building up a lot of friends now. “I’ve got your number programmed in to my phone now as well Tink.” Paula smiled.

     “I was always your friend Paula. Think back to all those times I begged you to go shopping with me, but you always shied away from it.” Tink pointed out to her.

     “I’m sorry Tink, but I was just too scared to go out dressed as a girl back then.” Paula said feeling a little upset with herself for not having the backbone to go out dressed as Paula in the day like a normal girl. She’d always been too worried about being found out.

     “What made you change your mind then Paula? Judging by the way you look now, you’d have trouble trying to prove you’re anything but a girl.” Tink asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “You could say I was forced to face who I really was.” Paula said, not wanting to tell Tink the real reason for Paula being sat in front of her.

     “Does it have anything to do with what happened in the alley that Friday night when I last saw you?”

     “Yes it does, but not because I had anything to do with what happened to that girl.” Paula said. “Well it did, but not in the way that you would think.”

     “So what did happen in that alley?” Tink asked.

     “I was just getting some fresh air after Kim worked out who I was.”

     “Kim?” Tink asked.

     “Kim was the name of the girl that got stabbed. She works at the office where I used to work during the day. She saw this necklace around my neck that night and worked out I was Paul, the guy she worked with under all that makeup and clothing.” Paula said as she held up the black heart shaped stone that she was still wearing.

     “How did all that lead to this Kim being almost raped and killed in the alley?”

     “She’d been in the club with her new girlfriend, and by girlfriend I mean girlfriend, not just a friend.” Paula said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Oh I see.” Tink said as she got what Paula was trying to say.

     “Well the girlfriend didn’t like the way Kim kept looking at me, she took it to mean Kim was liking what she saw, not realising that Kim was just shocked that a boy she knew from work was also a girl serving behind the bar at a night club she was now in.” Paula smiled when she thought back to that night, and the look on Kim’s face. “Like I said, I was stood in the alley getting some fresh air and trying to calm myself down when I heard a couple of girls arguing, and then I saw it was Kim and this other girl. It didn’t go well and the other girl stormed off, Kim went to follow, but stopped when two men approached her.”

     “Were these the two men that attacked her?” Tink interrupted.

     “Yes they were. I saw what they were trying to do, and ran over to stop them. I grabbed the first guy and kneed him in the nuts before punching him in the face. The second guy came at me, but stopped when Kim jumped on his back while trying to pull his hair out at the roots. Before I knew what was going on, I saw him pull a knife and stab Kim with it before running away.” Paula had tears running down her cheeks by this point.

     “Why didn’t you hang around and explain it to the police?” Tink asked looking upset for what Paula had seen that night.

     “I was scared that the police would work out that I also worked with her, and think she’d found out and I’d stabbed her to keep her quiet.” Paula said as she dabbed her eyes to stop the crying from doing too much damage to her makeup.

     “I had a feeling it was you that saved her that night.” Tink smiled as she reached across the large desk and took hold of Paula’s free hand. “When they said what the woman looked like, I just knew it was you, and the reason for why you’d suddenly vanished.”

     “I should have stopped and faced the police.” Paula said with a deep sigh. “It would have been far less painful that what happened.” Paula said before she realised she’d said it.

     “What do you mean by that Paula? What did happen to you over the past five months?” Tink asked.

     “Nothing I want to talk about Tink. I just want to move forward and enjoy being a girl with all my new friends.” Paula said with a grin.

     “I’m sorry Paula, but I need to know what the hell happened to you these past five months, and why you’re sat there shaking like a leaf.” Tink said in a firmer voice.

    Paula heard the tone in Tink’s voice and got scared. She knew she had no reason to really, but it was still a deep part of how she’d learned to cope over the past five months.

     “I’ve spent the last five months being kept as a prisoner by Kim’s friends.” Paula said in nothing more than a whisper. “They thought it was me that hurt Kim, so they grabbed me on the Sunday after Kim got hurt and they locked me up in their cellar until Kim came back and explained what happened that night, and why she had my necklace when the ambulance took her to the hospital.” Paula added with shame written all over her face.

     “They did what to you!” Tink shouted as she stood up and put her balled fists on the table. “I trust you went to the police when they set you free?” Tink asked as she came around the table to hug Paula as she sat shaking. Tink didn’t realise that Paula was shaking because she was shouting.

     “No I didn’t. I’m still living with them, but I have a room of my own now and I love living there with them.” Paula said as she let Tink hug her.

     “I’m calling the police right now Paula.” Tink said as she broke the hug and reached over the desk towards the phone.

     “No! Please don’t do that Tink.” Paula said with fear in her voice. Not fear for herself, but fear for her new friends and what might happen to them if they got taken away by the police.

     “They need to pay for what they did to you.” Tink argued. “Did they force you to take the hormones that made you look like you do now?” Tink asked, as she realised the reason for Paula taking the hormones without seeing a doctor first.

     “Yes, but I knew what they were dong, and I let them do it because I wanted it to happen.” Paula said as she stopped Tink making the call to the police.

     “What they did is wrong on so many levels Paula.” Tink tried to make her see some sense.

     “They all know that Tink, and they are really sorry about it all, and are now helping me get over it, and helping me to become who I want to be.” Paula pleaded. “I’ve even found out that Kim is in love with me. How will she feel if I get her friends locked up?” Paula asked. “My friends locked up!” Paula said as she thought about it some more.

     “Your friends Paula?” Tink laughed. “There just pretending to be your friends because they know what will happen when you go to the police and report what they’ve done to you.” She added with an even more sarcastic laugh.

     “They are my friends Tink! And they were just doing what they thought was right for their friend.” Paula argued. “Is it any different to what you’re trying to do now for me?” She asked, hoping that Tink would understand in part why they did what they did.

     “I could never kidnap and hold someone against their will Paula!” Tink snapped back at her.

     “What if it was me that had been stabbed and you knew the person that did it, or thought you did? What would you do then, if you thought that they could talk their way out of it if you went to the police with what you knew?” Paula asked.

    Tink went to speak, but stopped when she realised what Paula was getting at. “I still don’t like what they did to you.” She pouted.

     “I can understand that Tink, and I’m grateful that you see me as that much of a friend, but they are also my friends now, and they just want to help me become the girl I should have been at birth.” Paula smiled as she pulled Tink into another hug with her.

     “I want to meet these new friends of yours Paula, and I want them to know that I now know what they did and will go to the police if anything happens to you in the future.” Tink said looking very serious when they broke the hug.

     “That sound fair enough to me Tink. When do you want to meet them?” Paula asked.

     “Bring them to the club on Friday night and we can all meet up here in the office before going out and enjoying the club.” Tink said after giving it some thought.

     “Okay, so when do I start working with you? And what is it you need me to do?” Paula asked.

     “You can start tomorrow night, but I want to get you sorted out with some new clothes to wear, so I’ll pick you up from home tomorrow morning at eleven. That way I can see where you’re living now and then treat you to some lunch before we get you kitted out.” Tink said, sounding just like a boss should sound.

     “You sound so serious when you speak like that Tink.” Paula giggled.

    Tink was soon grinning as she spoke again. “I know I do, but I’m still worried about you and what you’ve got yourself into.”

     “I think you’ll like them all, once you’ve got to know them.” Paula said with a smile. “I trust them.” Paula added looking just as serious as Tink just had.

     “I’ll wait and see how they act when they find out that I know what they did to you.” Tink said with a raised eyebrow.

    Paula was thinking what to say when she realised that she now had a large group of friends that all worried about her. She just hoped that Tink could learn to trust the others like she had come to do in just a couple of days, Paula truly believed that Casey, Karen, Stacey, Rebecca and Kim just wanted to be friends and help her become a real woman, or as real as she ever could be.

     “I better see about making a move.” Paula said as she saw that the time was getting on. “Casey will be waiting for me outside.” Paula added as she got up.

     “I’ll walk down with you Paula. It’ll be nice to meet one of your new friends before the weekend starts.” Tink said as she led Paula over to the office door and opened it for them both to leave.

     “You don’t need to do that Tink, but I am grateful for the chance to prove myself to you.” Paula said as they made their way back down to the main entrance.

    Stan was stood waiting for them when they got down there. “How did it go then Paula?” Stan asked with a grin.

     “I start work tomorrow as Tink’s right hand woman.” Paula grinned back at him. “You could have warned me that Tink was the new boss!” Paula added as she playfully slapped Stan on the arm.

     “What, and miss out on Tink having some fun with you? Not a chance hon.” Stan chuckled.

     “I will get you back for this Stanley” Paula said in a dry tone. Paula already knew that Stan hated being called Stanley, and that was why she said it like that.

     “Think yourself lucky that I like you young lady, or I’d have you across my knee by now for calling me that.” Stan said trying to look serious, but couldn’t stop himself from grinning.

     “I’ve lived through worse big man.” Paula said trying to be funny, but she saw the look Tink gave her, and knew that she already knew that Paula had lived through worse.

    Paula hadn’t told Tink about being caned that first day they locked her up, or locked Paul up, or the fact that until just the other day she’d lost her voice because of it.

     “I still want to hear all about your time away over these last five months Paula.” Tink said with a fake smile as she led Paula out the club and down the steps to the pavement where Casey was stood waiting for her.

     “Hey Case. I’d like you to meet Tink, she’s the new boss here and I’ve got a job and I start tomorrow.” Paula said with a grin, hoping that she could stop Tink having a go at Casey in the middle of the street. “I used to serve bar here with her before I left last time.” Paula added, to explain how close the two of them seemed to be.

     “That’s great hon!” Casey shouted as she ran over to where Paula and Tink were and threw her arms around Paula’s neck and hugged her. “Thanks for giving Paula another shot Tink.” Casey added when she stopped hugging Paula.

     “No need to thank me Casey. If you knew Paula like I did, then you’d know that she has a heart of gold and was going places even before she suddenly left us high and dry.” Tink said in a dry cold voice, just like she’d used up in her office. The only difference was Paula knew she meant it this time.

     “I’m still getting to know her, but I have to agree with her having a heart of gold.” Casey smiled, but looked worried at how this woman was acting towards her. The tight fitting leather dress and large man stood at the top of the steps to the club weren’t helping to make her feel very safe either.

     “I’ve told Paula to invite you and her other new friends to the club this Friday, so I can get to know you all a little better. I hope you will all come and have a fun night of dancing and drinking? All on the house of course.” Tink said looking a little like her old self again now.

    Casey relaxed when she saw Tink smile. “That sounds like a great idea Tink. I’ll make sure all the others come as well.” Casey said with a grin at the thought of having a night out and not having to buy a single drink all night.

     “That’s wonderful Casey!” Tink smiled as she gave Casey a quick hug as she winked at Paula over her shoulder.

    Paula took the wink to mean that Tink liked this one, so it just left three to go now. Paula already knew that Tink would like Kim, and she had nothing to do with what happened to her over the five months she was being held captive.

     “I should really let you get off then now, but I’ll pick you up at eleven in the morning, so we can get you sorted out with some new outfits for work and catch up on old times.” Tink said as she gave Paula a hug. “This one seems to care for you, so she’s okay with me.” Tink whispered in Paula’s ear as they hugged.

    Tink gave Casey another quick hug before walking back up the steps and entering the club before Stan smiled to Paula and entered just behind Tink and locked the door again. Paula turned to look at Casey and saw the puzzled look on her face. “What?” She asked.

     “Why is she coming over to the house tomorrow morning? And why do you need new clothes to work behind the bar?” Casey asked.

     “I’m not going to be working behind the bar. Tink was working undercover for her father when we worked together before. She wants me to be her right hand woman helping to run the club.” Paula said with pride.

     “Wow! That’s amazing Paula!” Casey said as she took in what Paula just told her. “I take it she knows about your secret then?” Casey asked.

     “Yes I told her the first time we ever met, and she was fine with it.” Paula giggled as she thought about Tink trying to talk her into going shopping from the first ever meeting. “She’s finally going to get her wish now.” Paula added.

     “What wish is that hon?” Casey asked.

     “Tink kept trying to get me to go shopping with her as Paula from the first day we ever spoke to each other, but I always turned her down. Now she’s taking me shopping for clothes that she deems suitable for an assistant night club manager to be seen it.” Paula said with a frown.

     “See you always had another friend Paula, you just needed to come out of your shell a little sooner.” Casey said with a giggle as she nudged Paula with her shoulder as they walked down the road.

     “What can I say; I was a tough nut to crack.” Paula said jokingly as she nudged Casey back.

    Paula stopped walking when she saw Casey come to a sudden stop and look at her with pain in her eyes. “I’m glad you weren’t that tough to crack Paula. I shiver at the thought of what Stacey might have done with you, had you fought back at the beginning.”

     “Hey! It all turned out okay, and I love all this girlie time I’m getting with one of my best friends.” Paula said with a grin as she wrapped an arm around Casey and started her walking again.

     “Do you really see me as one of your best friends? Even after what we did to you Paula?” Casey asked as they started walking again. “I mean it’s not like you’ve got any other friends to gauge us against have you?” Casey added with a sad look.

     “No, but you’ve been kind to me since you all realised the mistake you made. Do I not rate high enough to be called a friend then Casey?” Paula asked feeling a little hurt. “Are you just being nice because you feel guilty over what happened?” Paul added as she came to a stop this time.

     “Yes I feel guilty over what we did to you Paula, but I would have been your friend if Kim had just brought you home after a normal night out. I love having you around, it’s like having a baby sister that needs looking after while she grows into a woman.” Casey said with real passion in her voice. “I know what we did was wrong Paula, and I’ll have to live with it for the rest of my life, but I won’t let you feel lost and alone for one more second while I can show you that you are loved.” Casey added as she took hold of Paula’s shoulders and looked her right in the eyes.

    Paula could see that Casey really meant what she said, and she was going to make sure Paula got to do as much stuff as she could now Paula was out in the open. “I wish I could help with the pain you feel over what happened, but I can’t.” Paula shrugged. “But I will say that I forgive you for it Case, and I look forward to being guided into womanhood by you and my other friends.” Paula added with a grin.

     “That does help Paula.” Casey smiled as a tear ran down her cheek. “I know this isn’t really a girlie thing, but I hope it makes you feel like part of the group, and not just a guest in the house.” Casey said as she pulled a pink paper bag out her purse and handed it over to Paula.

    Paula smiled as she took the bag off Casey and opened it to see what was inside. Paula smiled even more when she pulled out a key ring with a couple of keys attached to it. The key ring was a metal P that had pretty pink fake diamonds in one side of it and was smooth chromed metal on the other side.

     “Thanks Case, I love the key ring.” Paula said with a tear in her eye as she pulled Casey into a hug in the middle of the street. They soon stopped hugging when a van drove past and piped them as one of the men in the van shouted for them to get a room. Casey and Paula looked at each other and started giggling before they started walking again. Paula put the keys in her purse with a smile a mile wide on her face.

    Paula was so lost in her thoughts that she never noticed where they were walking until Casey walked into a office block, then Paula suddenly realised where they were. “What are we doing here Case?” Paula asked looking worried as she realised that Casey had walked them to the office block where Paul use to work and Kim, Stacey and Rebecca still did.

     “I thought it would be nice to let Kim and the others know you got a new job.” Casey said in a matter of fact way as she led Paula over to the elevators. “I’d call it your old job, but I don’t think you will be serving any drinks behind the bar somehow.” Casey giggled.

     “But Casey, I use to work here remember?” Paula said in a whisper, even though they were the only two people in the elevator.

     “You never worked here Paula.” Casey said with a stern look. “A boy called Paul worked here, and if you plan to be friends with me and the others then you need to get use to calling in and having chats with Kim and the others.” Casey added in a tone that said it was the end of anymore talk about the matter.

    Paula thought back to being Paul and all the times he’d seen Casey and Karen in the office telling the other girls some news and them all getting excited as they jumped around screaming. Paula remembered how she used to wish she could do that with her own group of friends, but Paul had no friends back then.

    Casey was soon dragging Paula out the elevator and down towards the part of the office block where Kim, Stacey and Rebecca worked. It really was a case of Casey dragging Paula down the hallway as well.

     “Paula? Casey?” They both heard Kim shout as she saw them walk into the office. Kim was soon up and running over to give the two girls a hug. Kim spent a little more time giving Paula a hug, but she resisted wrapping her arms around Paula’s neck and kissing her on the lips. “Is everything alright?” Kim asked when she finished hugging them both.

     “Yes just fine, but Paula has some good news for you all to hear.” Casey said.

    Stacey and Rebecca had appeared from some place when they heard Kim shout. Paula remembered that they had always been able to appear like that when Kim was in trouble. Not that Kim got in a lot of trouble; it was normally a computer problem that had Kim shouting.

     “So what’s the good news then babe?” Kim asked looking even more excited now.

     “I’ve got my job back at the bar.” Paula said in a lowered voice so no one heard her voice and realised that she used to work here as a man called Paul. Not that she looked anything like him anymore.

    Truth be told, Paul was invisible back then and no one ever really noticed him other than being some wimpy looking office boy that helped out where needed. He’d known a little about computers, so spent a lot of time helping to fix problems that happened while the others were working on them. Most the people working in the office were too panicked to look at the young man trying to fix the problem. Paula also knew that the tech guys made some of the computers crash so they could spend time with the girls on the office floor. Paul normally got stuck with the people the tech guys didn’t want to go and see.

     “Tell them the whole story Paula.” Casey said. “She didn’t get her old job back. She’s the new assistant manager now.” Casey added, making it all sound very important.

     “Wow that in impressive.” Stacey said.

     “I hope he doesn’t think you’ll be doing more than just helping him manage the club?” Kim said looking worried for Paula.

     “First it’s a woman running the club now, and second, I used to work with her before I was forced to leave.” Paula pointed out, not happy with what Kim was trying to say about her, and how she got the new job.

     “Don’t worry Kimmie, I’ve just met her when she walked Paula out the club, and she’s really nice.” Casey said as she jumped to Paula’s defence. “Paula starts work tomorrow, and Tink is coming to pick Paula up at eleven, so they can go and sort her out with some new clothes to wear. Oh! She also invited us all to go to the club Friday night for a free night out.” Casey added with a grin.

     “Tink? You’re going to be working for a woman named Tink?” Kim asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “Her name is Tina, but she looks a little like Tinkerbell, or she did when we worked together behind the bar, and she also loves fairies a lot.” Paula explained the reason for the nickname.

     “She looked more like a mistress Tink in that black leather dress she had on today.” Casey said as she got what Paula was getting at. “I’ve told her we’d all be there on Friday. I hope none of you mind?” Casey asked.

     “Sounds like it could be fun.” Rebecca said with a grin.

     “You can count me in for a free night of drinking” Stacey added, also grinning.

     “I’m not going to pass up a chance to meet my girlfriend’s new boss.” Kim purred as she took hold of Paula’s hand.

     “Kimmie? Can you quickly pop down to the photo copy room and run me off ten of these?” Stacey asked when she saw that Kim wanted to kiss Paula right in the middle of the office. “I’m sure Paula wouldn’t mind going with you and helping out while she’s here.” She added with a grin.

    Kim got the message and was soon leading Paula down the hall to the copy room and pushing her inside just before she stepped in and closed the door and then locked it so no one else could enter. Before Paula knew what was happening, Kim was kissing her on the lips.

     “Congratulations on the new job baby.” Kim said gasping for breath when they stopped kissing.

     “Do you mean that Kim? I was worried you were looking a little jealous out there to start with.” Paula said between gasping in a good lung full of air.

     “I trust you Paula, but not being able to show you how much I love you out there was killing me.” Kim said just before she started kissing her again. “Or should I not trust you?” Kim asked looking worried, but the moment was lost when she started grinning.

     “You’re the first person other than my mother to ever kiss me Kimmie, What makes you think I’m going to find a string of other people who want to kiss me now?” Paula asked with a silly look on her face, like Kim had finally lost her marbles.

     “You do have a good point there hon, but you didn’t look like a hot gothic princess until now.” Kim pointed out the floor in Paula’s logic.

     “Tink is just trying to be a good friend Kimmie. I’ve already told her that you and I are an item.” Paula said just before leaning in for another kiss. “Besides no one is crazy enough to put up with me for too long anyway.” Paula added with a giggle.

     “Hey! Are you trying to say that I’m crazy?” Kim asked with a pout as she broke the kiss and playfully slapped Paula on the arm.

     “You fell in love with me Kimmie. What sane person would do a crazy thing like that?” Paula giggled.

     “Very true. Well if this is being crazy, then sane is highly overrated if you ask me.” Kim purred just before letting Paula kiss her again.

    The two of them finally stopped kissing and then Paula fixed her makeup while Kim ran off the ten photocopies that Stacey had asked for. Once they were all done and Paula looked good again with perfect looking lip gloss on her lips, they both left the copy room and returned to Kim’s desk where the others were stood talking to another couple of girls that worked in the office. They were talking to Casey as they both checked out the sexy velvet dress with the blue lace gothic looking cross on the chest.

    Paula knew both the women from when she worked there as Paul, but neither of them showed any sign of knowing her, but she did look very different now to how Paul looked when he worked in the office. They all made some small talk for a couple of minutes before they needed to get back to work. Paula and Casey gave Kim, Stacey and Rebecca a hug before they left to catch the bus home and make a start on sorting out some dinner for when the others got home.

    Casey was eager to tell Karen all about their afternoon, and the invite they all had to go out to the club where Paula was now working again. Karen liked the idea of not having to buy drinks all evening, and she sat talking to Paula and Casey while they sorted out dinner.

    Kim. Stacey and Rebecca got home and they all enjoyed the meal Paula and Casey cooked. Once the dishes had been washed, dried and put away they all went to the living room to relax and chat some more about Paula’s new job. Paula didn’t have much to tell them, well not without them all finding out about her telling Tink how she came to be a member of the house.

    Casey had let Paula use her new keys to let them into the house when they got home, so that made Paula really feel like one of the gang. Paula was soon able to turn the conversation around to the subject of her going to see a doctor.

     “Have you been able to find a doctor for me to talk with yet Karen?” Paula asked.

     “Not yet Paula.” Karen said with a sigh. “I’m worried that they will all want to know where you got the hormones from, and it won’t take much for them to put two and two together and come up with me.” Karen added looking worried.

     “Please don’t go getting yourself in trouble over it all Karen.” Paula said looking just as worried. “Maybe it would be better for me to try and sort it all out. I can just say I brought them off the internet and I’m worried that I might be doing something wrong.” Paula added with a shrug.

     “You mean just play dumb?” Karen asked.

     “Yep. I’ll get told off for it all, but it will keep you in the clear.” Paula said.

     “What happens to me shouldn’t be your problem Paula. I never should have started you on them stupid hormones.” Karen said sounding angry with herself.

     “Look! While I have you all here in one place, I want to clear something up once and for all!” Paula said with anger in her voice. “We all know what you did to me was wrong, but it’s been done and I am now getting my life back in order and I have a small group of really cool friends as well.” Paula said with a grin. “I do mean all you by the way.” Paula added with a giggle.

     “I think we all worked that part out Paula.” Casey said with a roll of her eyes as she started giggling.

     “Good! Well like I told Case earlier today. You all have your own demons to deal with over it all, but please don’t think that I’m going to add any guilt to it.” Paula said in a pleading voice. “I love living here with you all, and I love one of you with all my heart, so please just stop looking for some way to punish yourself because that’s not what I want from any of you.” Paula had tears running down her cheeks as she said the last part.

    They all had a group hug and then Karen wrote down the name of the meds she’d been giving Paula, and also gave her what she had left of them, so Paula could take them with her to the doctor she found.

    It was soon time for bed and Paula smiled as she saw Kim enter her room after she’d got ready for bed. They were soon cuddled up together and falling asleep. Paula was a little worried about starting her new job the next day, even if she did know Tink.

 

To Be Continued Next Friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Paula has some

wonderful friends who have welcomed her back

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Gothic Princess

Elsbeth's picture

Tink, Love the name; Paula is really too nice, maybe too nice for her own good, I hope she doesn't get hurt (more than she already is) because of it. Therapy might be helpful as well. I'm happy she had Kim though, that will help her in the days ahead.

-Elsbeth

gothic

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Hear, hear

I agree, I still think those "friends" got off way too easy. Still think there's a little "Stockholm Syndrome" going on. I'm happy about Kim and Tinkerbell being in Paula's life though. **Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

great story

Paula acts like someone else from another story. Is this tink person someone we already know? Can't wait for the next exciting chapter you have us waiting for.

Tink

Tina (Tink) is one of the characters in YHIAW 4 - The Kids' Story, a new arrival in town and ends up as a friend of the kids in that story. Her father is an old friend of Carl's from college, whose wife lost her battle with cancer before YHIAW 4 starts.

I agree Paula is to say the least a bit too forgiving

And while it is nice to for to have a character with such a wonderful name in the story ;) she showed some pretty miserable judgement in what was done. I think a foundation of support and to say the least some acts of expatiation by the girls to say the least is necessary to justify their redemption.

Kim

As with all

your stories Sara , i just love all the detail you put into your work, And because the plots never seem rushed your characters have a chance to develop over a period of time, Not for you the quick description of someone in the first paragraph and then straight into the story, Your way in my opinion is far better for a more satisfying read.

Good to see Paula at last flowering its nothing less than she deserves after what she went through, I notice though that all Paula's new friends were happy with the prospect of a free night out, Wonder if they will all feel the same at the end of the night!

Kirri

Paula & friends...

Ole Ulfson's picture

I count two: Tink and probably Kim. Why don't I count Kim as solid in the friends list? Because Kim has that little jealousy thing going and that could be trouble: Usually is.

I wouldn't ever turn my back on the other four: what they've done once, they may talk themselves into doing again! And Stacey can never, ever be trusted!

“We all know what you did to me was wrong, but it’s been done and I am now getting my life back in order and I have a small group of really cool friends as well.” Paula said with a grin. No, no, no!!! Danger, Paula Robinson, Danger!

Wonderful writing, Sara! You make us worry about your heroes and despise your villains...

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Hmmmm

Wonder if the Dean mentioned is the same one from St. Trinian's bar that Chrissie and Jayden used to work at/ Love the series!