Tyler,Taylor Swop Days

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

Being twins was ever so much fun. When Tyler decides to swap with his sister Taylor, things get really crazy!
And Tyler's eyes get opened to a whole new world...

8171gh.jpg
Tyler, Taylor Swop Days
Chapter 1

by Julie D Cole

Copyright © 2013 Julie D Cole

 
Hi my name is Tyler and my twin sister is Taylor. Goodness knows why our parents selected names that were almost the same since over the years it’s caused a lot of confusion. Least of which is opening each other’s post but also having name tags as Miss or Ms Tyler Thompson for me and Mr Taylor Thompson for ‘sis.’

However there is always an upside as we both found out to our advantage even if it was just the laughter if I opened a set of nice underwear and ‘sis’ got the jockey shorts. She was full of fun and would keep them and wear them sometimes under her uniform teasing me and asking if I was wearing my pink or flowered panties today. But it was all good fun and I’d laugh it off although eventually I did try it out and I quite liked it. For some reason I felt something stirring that had not happened so often before so on non gymnasium or sports exercise days I’d wear them. On other days I’d just carry them in my school bag in case the urge became so strong that I had to change.

My sister also said it gave her a nice feeling and sometimes she’d even stuff a pair of ankle socks inside the jockey shorts so that ‘they fitted better.’ We’ve both shared this secret with each other these last twenty years as well as others that were even more daring and we agreed that we’d never disclose this to anybody swearing under pain of death. I’ll explain the more daring escapades a little later.

As time went by we both concluded that one or both of our parents had good foresight and the ability to see the benefits these similar names could bring to both of us that soon extended from receiving each others post to the fun and confusion it sometimes caused in lessons at school and as Taylor said her being able to use the boys bathroom rather than queue in line with the girls. Of course she made me try the experience in reverse just to see if I could last out until a cubicle finally became vacant. It was torture the first time but I won the bet.

We were sometimes mistaken for each other because mum insisted to dress us alike and invariably that meant that Taylor got to wear trousers which resulted in her looking more like a boy than I did sometimes. My features were very similar to Taylors and since our hair was the same coloring and similar length because Taylor didn’t want long hair she would persuade me to brush mine into a more feminine style with the parting to the other side of my head whilst she’d plaster hers with gel and spike it. Then she’d insist we try to spend the day like this going as long as possible without being recognized and introducing me as ‘his’ sister if we met anybody at the coffee shop or at the city shopping centre where a lot of other youngsters hang out. We steered clear of school friends but this was difficult sometimes.

I wasn’t sure why I went along with the idea at first but surprisingly we went the whole of the day on only the second attempt so she won the bet and more than the money she lost after the first time. I didn’t much fancy the idea of taking such a risk and losing a bet but I remember very clearly that I had to change my panties in the ladies bathroom in Marks & Spencers after she bought a pair to replace them. I remember stuffing the soiled ones in the waste bin. The situation was getting quite sticky after a few escapades like this.

After a few trips out together I think mum was starting to get confused about who was who. We’d return separately and she’d say ‘hi’, thinking that Tyler had just come in and gone straight upstairs. Then in I’d walk and she’d look quizzically at me as I put sis’s bag down on the hall bench, said hi and dashed upstairs in as girly way as I could, much to Taylors feigned anger and we’d then laugh until we cried. Sometimes we were almost bursting for the bathroom and we’d try to beat each other pushing and pulling until mum would shout to calm down. She said we were behaving like schoolgirls and would look over her glasses at me shaking her head.

At that time from my point of view it didn’t help me to be convincing as the brother because Taylor had grown more quickly than me in our early teenage years and she’d tease me holding things out of reach so I had to jump to get them. She had seemed to sprout suddenly and much to her annoyance she now had to hide the mounds on her chest if she wanted to play ‘TT swops’.

She offered me some of her cast off trousers and leggings and even some sneakers and flat heeled shoes for our days out that she kept for me on her side of the wardrobe. Even mum had said some things were hardly worn and too good to throw away suggesting I might use them around the house. That seemed very suspicious to me so I feigned my annoyance. Taylor told me that mum said to save them anyway so in hindsight I guess she had an idea we had our TT swop days.

Usually Taylor would suggest the days saying she was bored or that she needed to experience the freedom that presenting herself as a boy gave and if necessary she’d even try to bribe me to exchange identities and let ‘sister’ Tyler come out of ‘her’ cupboard. She even beat me at arm wrestling to win her boy day.

When I lost I also had to do her chores for a week before mum came home whilst she did mine. That wasn’t so bad really but ironing was the worst bit. Especially the pile of delicates.

When we ventured outside to lessen the risk of being spotted we’d often change bags and I’d end up with her comb and brush and bits and bobs and to my surprise one day even a small pack of pads that she insisted all girls carried. The idea was to be able to swop back at any time if we needed to and the upside for Taylor was that it gave her chance to be free and spend time playing boy games like soccer or baseball but sadly leaving me to watch on or chat or sometimes play tag or netball if the teachers insisted we got some exercise. We seemed to get away with it and if anything I was becoming more the obvious girl than Taylor was. ‘He’ was having the time of ‘his’ life with the boys and wasn’t just making up the numbers. ‘He’ did go home with some scratches and grazes and mum would say ‘Taylor Thomson just why can’t you keep as need and tidy as Tyler and keep out of the dirt.’

Well at least these years gave us different outlooks on life and I didn’t need to be the rough and tumble boy dad wanted me to be all the time. Still they started this and it wasn’t necessarily our fault if we grew to enjoy the TT reversal. We both gave them full marks for letting us both see life from different perspectives.

As a baby Taylor was always the restless noisy one and I was told she hardly ever slept the whole night through. On the other hand I was early to bed and last up and a very good baby. I was content to sleep the clock round that I can still do to this day and especially after a good night out.

Taylor and I had shared a room until we were around 14 years old because our elder sister, Jane, was spoiled with her own room being 5 years older. She wasn’t in on the TT swop days but she had her suspicions about me once saying that I was looking more like a girl and was this on purpose. I refuted it of course and Taylor intervened and switched the subject. It wasn’t until she left home that we could have separate rooms and then I had more space for the things I’d accumulated as Taylors ‘sister’.

When I moved into Janes room mum hadn’t even had chance to change the bedsheets or re-decorate it and I hung in there as long as I could with a girly room before finally I arrived home to find Dad was moving things around and stripping the wall paper. I felt sad but luckily the new décor wasn’t too butch as taylor put it.

We didn’t see Dad much because he worked overseas a lot so he left these things to mom. She was a strong and independent woman and certainly Tyler took after her. Jane was softer and I guess I was a bit the same. I missed her when she moved out because she was always gentle and kind and whilst we didn’t see much of her because of boyfriends and sleepovers she was mums favorite for sure.

She’d cover for us as we grew up and of course like other kids we took ages to settle down because we’d play games instead of going straight to sleep. She’d settle us down telling stories usually from one of her array of girls albums. When we were younger Jane would encourage us to play dress up with her and she’d dress Taylor and I up as little girls or little boys.

So I guess all this had an influence and with Taylor such a strong character she did tend to take the lead so that I did start to act more like a sister than a twin brother. But as I said it had its upsides and when I think about it very few downsides.


up
271 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looking forward....

Andrea Lena's picture

...perhaps a tale or two describing some of the more intriguing 'upsides?' Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A tale or two

or even three may be possible. I just needed to read it myself and now I will encourage the author. Or is it authoress?
How about the downsides?
Hugs

Jules

T&T swop stories

I hope this is the start of a longer story. I like it but wish more experiences were shared.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

It was just a teaser

but of course it was posted with the intention of a follow up. A little encouragement works wonders and I've started so I'll try to finish. I've lots of catch up to do with stories that need continuing but my performance varies depending upon the time of the month for some reason.
Hugs

Jules

Sounds as if T.N.T.

will make for a dynamite continuing of this story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine