Pandora's Trunk: 3

Printer-friendly version
Going out as Nicole proves not to be as fearsome as I imagined

In ancient times, when the the box owned by the beautiful Pandora was opened
all the troubles of the world flew out and could never be put back.

So what will happen when a trunk with the name 'Pandora Wilkins'
is discovered in a house in North London in 2009?

Pandora’s Trunk
Chapter 3

by Louise Anne Smithson

Copyright © 2013 Louise Anne Smithson
All Rights Reserved.

 


Image Credit: Picture from PublicDomainPictures.net. Free for commercial and personal use with restriction. Girl in Red.


 
Chapter 3: Preparations
 

Lucy didn’t seem in the least surprised by my agreeing to enter the Drag Debutantes’ competition. Whereas, to me, it seemed like an earth-shattering and life-changing decision, to her it was the most natural thing in the world for me to do.

‘I’m glad; it should be fun. Now you’d better take off the dress, tights and the shoes, before we get them dirty.

‘Yes, of course. Will you help me to remove the sticking plaster holding these breasts in place?’ I asked.

She thought for a moment.

‘No, we’ve done a good job there and so I think it might be safest to leave them in place ready for tomorrow. I’ll loan you one of my bras to wear for now, which should hold them in place until tomorrow night.’

‘But what about when I take a shower?’ I asked.

‘We’ll have to find some means of keeping them dry for tonight. Perhaps we could cover them in cling film. That way you’ll still be able to wash the rest of your body, whilst leaving them in place.’

‘Alright, I suppose, as long as you help me.’

‘In fact, now that I think about it, Nick, it might be a good idea if I find you something of mine to wear for the rest of this evening.’

‘Is that really necessary?’ I asked, almost as a reflex action, and then wondered why I had done so.

‘Yes, the more experience you can get dressed as a woman between now and tomorrow night the better. You can also keep the wig on so that you get more accustomed to having long hair.’

Before I could question or argue any more, she’d found a blue shirt-dress, another pair of tights and some high-heels for me to wear, all of which I was instructed to put on. As I was doing so Lucy began to make some detailed plans for following day as if she were planning a dinner party. Yet in spite of the fact that she was offering me exactly what I’d always wanted, I still found myself holding back and questioning to some degree rather than fully embracing the opportunity she was providing.

‘I’ll just renew your lipstick and also put a little of my mascara on to your lashes for this evening, but I think that maybe tomorrow morning we should go out and get you some make-up of your own.’

‘I can’t go out dressed like this.’

‘Well you’d look pretty strange if you go out dressed in your own clothes with those boobs on?’

‘But I thought I was going to get changed at the club.’

‘You can use the changing room at the club for any last minute adjustments or repairing your make-up, but it will be easier if we do most of the preparation to turn you into a girl here. I’ll loan you one of my winter coats, to cover up that lovely dress, and prevent a breach of the peace during our journey into central London,’ she said laughing.

‘I didn’t realise that you were expecting me to go out dressed like this, in broad daylight.’

‘Well I do so every day, so what is the problem?’

I didn’t answer as I was unsure what to say. The prospect both excited and also terrified me. She therefore finished touching up my make-up and stood back to admire her work.

‘You know, Nick, Randi was quite right, you don’t look at all bad dressed as a girl. You’ll just need a bit of practice with the way you walk and gesture and then nobody would ever know.’

‘What do you mean, Randi was right? What else was said between you?’ I wondered, but chose not to respond; so Lucy continued talking.

‘I’ll be able to provide you with some stick on false nails for the show tomorrow, but there’s no reason why we shouldn’t give your real nails a quick manicure and coat of polish in the meanwhile.’

‘Just as long as it all comes off before I have to go home on Sunday,’ I said, for the first time consciously trying to adopt feminine mannerisms, although without going over the top’

She smiled to see that I was beginning to enter the spirit of the exercise and began to file my nails. As she did so an idea came to her.

‘How would you like to go out for a drink to the pub round the corner, by way of preparation for tomorrow?’

Once again, the prospect both excited and also terrified me. In some respects there was nothing that I would like to do more.

‘No thanks, Lucy, I don’t think I should try to run before I can walk,’ I replied.

She sighed.

‘Alright Miss Scaredy-cat, I’ll do a deal with you. I’ll excuse you from going out this evening but only on condition that you promise to come shopping with me in the morning, to choose yourself some make-up. Is that agreed?’

'I can't keep turning down her suggestions.'

‘Alright then.’

We therefore spent the remainder of the evening indoors, with Lucy giving me various hints about how I should walk, talk, sit down and use my hands. It was a little odd to take a shower with my chest wrapped in cling-film, but it kept the tape holding my new boobs dry. I suppose I was also spared the discomfort of removing them before I went to bed and Lucy would be spared the trouble of putting them back for me in the morning.

‘You might find it more comfortable to continue wearing my bra in bed tonight under your pyjamas,’ suggested Lucy. ‘I’ll find you a clean one when we go out in the morning.’

This proved to be another strange sensation as was having to sleep on my back.

~o~O~o~

I woke up first the next morning realising that my chest felt different, and then remembering where I was and what I’d agreed to do. There was no sound from Lucy’s bedroom so I went ahead and dressed myself, using the clothes that I’d been wearing the night before. I even put on the blonde wig and carefully brushed it away from my face. Lucy must have heard me moving around and soon afterwards she emerged from her bedroom.

‘Good morning, Nicole!’ she said without expressing any particular surprise at my appearance. It was just what she expected me to be wearing.

Over breakfast we discussed our arrangements for the remainder of the day.

‘I need to do my week’s shopping at the local supermarket and they are also the cheapest place to buy you some make-up at the same time.’

‘How much are you expecting me to spend?’ I asked beginning to get a little anxious about the cost of this weekend.

‘You’ll just need a few items to put in your handbag but they should only come to twenty pounds or so; I’ll provide you with everything else you need from my supplies.’

‘Handbag?’

‘Don’t worry I’ll loan you one of mine, and also a winter coat to wear in the street.’

‘Are you sure that I’ll be alright going out dressed like this?’ I asked.

‘Yes, of course. I’ll help you put on some make-up first and tidy your hair before we go, but otherwise you should be fine. You never know, you may actually get to enjoy yourself.’

‘That depends on how I get on,’ I replied.

I’ll still need to go to the cash dispenser, but at least I’ll be able to use Nick’s debit card without attracting attention,’ I thought.

~o~O~o~

Half an hour later Lucy provided me with a second make-up lesson; this time she explained exactly what she was doing with each product and provided me with advice as to how it should be used. I was surprised what a difference it made to my appearance and was feeling more confident by the time we came to leave. On the way out Lucy knocked on one of the other doors in the house. A rather effeminate guy in his late-thirties dressed in jeans and a t-shirt answered. It took me a second or two to realise that it was Randi.

‘Hi Randi. I’d like you to meet my cousin Nicole, who will be entering your competition tonight.’

He looked pleased by the news.

‘Hmm, not bad at all, Lucy, you have done a good job. I suspected that your cousin would look ok with a little help from a few props.’

Randi then turned to me.

‘Well Nicole, it is so nice to meet you again, but this time more appropriately dressed. I’m looking forward to interviewing you this evening. If you come to the club at about three o’clock I have arranged for you to borrow a dressing room and then at four thirty we can go through the routine together.’

‘Thanks,’ I replied, blushing, and not knowing what else to say.

~o~O~o~

Lucy was right, once I’d got over my initial nerves and realised that everyone in the street and at the supermarket wasn’t staring at me, but rather getting on with their own lives, I actually began to enjoy our morning shopping trip. There were several new sensations to contend with, such as having to brush stray hairs out of my face from time to time, or the awareness of wearing make-up. My legs also felt quite different, but very comfortable, sheathed in nylon tights and wearing a dress. I was still a little unsteady on my high heels, and had walk carefully, but I was gradually getting the hang of them. It was also helpful that I didn’t need to interact with anyone other than Lucy on this first trip out of doors. She did all the talking to the shop assistants.

‘Unfortunately we don’t have enough time to take you clothes shopping this morning, but we can spend a little time at the cosmetics counter, if you wish,’ suggested my cousin.

‘Alright then,’ I answered trying to adopt a feminine voice.

‘You’re going to need a bright red lipstick, your own mascara wand, some eye shadow, some eye-liner and a powder compact. I’ll provide everything else.’

We spent a little time selecting the right colours.

‘What about nail varnish?’ I asked.

‘It would be best to have a colour to match your lipstick, if you do not mind the extra expense.’

I sighed.

‘Alright, I’ve come so far, we may as well do things properly.’

‘Good girl! You're beginning to have the right attitude,’ said Lucy smiling.

We added the various items to her shopping trolley and I handed over some more of my dwindling supply of money.

~o~O~o~

It wasn’t until after we’d returned to Lucy’s flat just before lunch that my nerves began to fail me. Lucy suggested that I took a quick wash rather than another shower. As I did so, I began to lose confidence in my looks and my ability to pass as a woman.

What on earth has persuaded me to enter this competition in the first place, I don’t have any chance of winning and I’ll just be making a fool of myself.

Lucy had assured me that I could back out at the last minute if necessary, but she and Randi had already invested so much time and effort into my entry, and I knew that they would be disappointed if I did so. But ultimately this was not the reason why I forced myself to carry on. I was doing this for my own sake. I would hate myself, even more, if my courage were to fail me now. My nerves must have been obvious because after I’d emerged wearing only a bra and knickers, she came over to re-assure me.

‘Don’t worry Nicole, you’re going to look really great tonight and everything will be fine.’

‘I just hope you’re right. I thought.

‘You appear to have tucked everything nicely out of sight,’ she said, referring to the vestiges of my manhood. ‘Put on a dressing gown for now and after lunch we’ll put some nail varnish on your toe nails as you’ll be wearing open-toed sandals. Then we’ll affix your new finger nails and then we can make a start on your make-up.’

I no longer sought to question or to argue. From now onwards I was going to let Lucy do whatever she needed to do with me. Once my toes were dry, I put on my tights and some slippers, and Lucy loaned me her silk dressing gown. The next hour and a half were spent on an extended make-up lesson conducted by my cousin, using both myself and herself to demonstrate. We sat down next to one another at her dressing table with a wide mirror.

‘I’ll need to do your make-up for you on this occasion, but I’m telling you what I’m doing so you can do it for yourself another time,’ she began.

’Another time?’ I thought, but said nothing.

Lucy clearly enjoyed wearing cosmetics herself and over the years had collected quite a number. She carefully explained to me what every little bottle, tube, applicator or tub of powder was intended for, how it should be used and the overall effect she was seeking to achieve. She began with my face, explaining about foundation to fill the pores and give me an even complexion, concealers to hide blemishes, blusher and the need to use a little face powder to stop my nose from shining. When she had finished she began to inspect my eyes once again.

‘I’m afraid we’re going to need to tidy up your brows a little, Nicole,’ she said.

‘Please be careful, remember that I’ll have to go back to Carol’s flat tomorrow night.’

‘She’ll never notice if I just pluck out a few stray hairs.’

The effect she had on my eyes was remarkable, turning them from a rather non-descript dull brown to ones that sparkled and stood out, whilst not looking as if they were smothered in make-up. She put on one coat of mascara, and then once it was dry, I was allowed to put on a second coat by myself. Then came the lips, which she carefully lined in red before filling in with the new lipstick that we’d bought.

Eventually she was satisfied with us both and we helped one another into our respective dresses. She then helped me to fix the blonde wig which she had borrowed for me, and brushed her own hair into a style, and I put on the shoes that I would be wearing.

‘These are borrowed from Randi, she does love to sparkle,’ she said handing me some fake diamond a necklace and a ring.

I put them on, and Lucy handed me a white handbag to match the shoes that I would be wearing.

‘Put in your wallet, lipstick, mascara, some tissues and a spare set of keys in case we get split up, but don’t worry I promise to keep an eye out for you.’

‘So Miss Monroe, what do you think of your outfit?’ she asked in a faux Hollywood accent.

‘It’s great in fact I think we both look wonderful,’ I replied, doing my best to adopt her girly voice.

I put on Lucy’s coat and was at last ready to go out and face the world in my new guise.

‘Alright then my girl, let’s go and knock ‘em dead!’

~o~O~o~

It was probably just as well for me to be wearing the coat as I received several stares from passers-by as it was. I even heard a wolf-whistle from some young lads on the opposite platform. Suddenly all of my nerves returned to me.

‘Everyone keeps looking at me,’ I whispered to Lucy, who was also looking pretty glamorous herself.

‘Yes of course they are, remember that you’re a platinum blonde and a pretty convincing Marilyn Monroe look-alike. You are bound to attract some attention. Just smile sweetly, and leave any talking to me.’

‘Why ever did I let myself get roped into this?’ I said quietly.

‘Because you wanted to,’ Lucy whispered back. ‘Now stop worrying and start to enjoy yourself.’

~o~O~o~

Fortunately, no guys sought to ‘try their luck’ by chatting to us on the train going in, and it wasn’t too long before we’d arrived at Oxford Circus and were walking towards the club. Gradually my self-confidence began to return, although my feet were beginning to ache as I was unused to wearing high heels.

‘Before we go in to the club, I’ll put on these for you. I didn’t give them to you before as they can get a little uncomfortable after a while,’ said Lucy.

She affixed a pair of clip-on earrings to my ears and brushed a few stray hairs into place.

‘OK, it is going to be Marilyn and Miss Monroe for the rest of the evening,’ she said.


 

Next time: At the club

up
237 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hello Norma Jean...

Andrea Lena's picture

...I suppose holding down the full skirt of a white dress; that updraft might expose more than just a bare leg? Thank you, dear, for this delightful present.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Wow! A platinum blond in a......

White dress. Nicole's gonna knock'em dead! So do tell us Louise, is Mr. President making an appearence also?(LOL). More please dear! (Hugs) Taarpa

If not for Lucy,

Nick would not be going out as Niki

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

This is fun Louise!

I love it, can't wait for the show and what follows next.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

As A First-Timer

joannebarbarella's picture

You really need somebody to hold your hand (metaphorically at least). Also Nicole is going into a simpatico venue.

PURRFECT

Marilyn Monroe will knock 'em dead.
Great Louise story.

Cefin