Missing Pieces Part 2

Printer-friendly version
Missing Pieces

by:
Elsbeth

Can Eric find the missing pieces in is life

magicstones

 


 
Part 2

Sitting comfortably with the grey stone in my hand, I waited for Kaylee to finish getting ready. Returning from her car, I half expected her to come in with a cauldron, robes and a pointed hat. Instead, the last thing I expected her to pull out of her purple bag was a small knife, with a white handle and a blade, which looked a lot like bronze.

“What’s that for?” Clutching the rock to my chest, I couldn't keep my eyes off the blade. So I didn’t like sharp pointy things. If this was a joke, it had going too far already.

Seeing the concern in my eyes, Kaylee smiled. “Don’t be such a baby, this is just a Secespita.”

“Sounds Latin.” I relaxed a little as she set the knife down on the coffee table.

“Roman Priestess used a similar knife for sacrifices.” Kaylee said nonchalantly, pulling out an index card with strange writings on it.

“Sacrifices?” I sort of squeaked.

“Relax; I just need a little bit of your blood. Actually, you will have to do it to finish the enchantment. Right now it’s just waiting for the ritual to be completed.”

“Does it have to be blood?”

Kaylee looked at me then shrugged but I could see she was hiding a grin. She knew me only too well, how I hated anything to do with needles or knives. “Well no, it doesn't actually; we just need some of your sacred bodily fluid. I thought this way would be less embarrassing.”

“What do you mean by bodily fluid?”

“Blood or….” She pointed to my groin.

“You’re kidding?”

“Sexual fluids or blood, both have been used as part of potent magics since ancient times, your choice.”

Right, if this is a joke I am so going to kill her. Reaching for the knife, I looked at the index card. I had no clue what any of it meant. Flipping the card over, Kaylee pointed to a transliteration of what was on the front.

“That’s it, only those three lines.”

“Yes, plus you need to cut yourself a little, and spread the blood all over the front of the stone.”

We went over the words a dozen or so times until I had the pronunciation perfect. Sitting back, she pulled out what looked like a Celtic cross. Kissing it, she nodded for me to proceed.

Grimacing, I cut my finger, didn’t feel a thing. That little knife was sharp. After trying not to make a bloody mess on my carpet, I picked up the index card while sucking on my finger.

Saying the three lines, one of them I thought said something about Athena; I waited for something. However, nothing, nothing at all happened, just me sitting with a bloody thumb and a grey rock.

“You got me good.” I started to laugh; well at least this whole thing took my mind off the divorce. Still, I planned to get Kaylee back later.

“What do you mean?” Taking the knife out of my hand, she walked over to the sink cleaned it, and then put it away.

“I’m still a guy.”

Shaking her head, Kaylee reached once again into her bag, pulled out a small bottle, sprayed it on my finger, and then covered it with a band aid.

“Eric, do you really think such a spell would instantly change you into a girl?”

“Of course, isn't that how it’s supposed to work?”

Reaching over, she kissed me on the cheek. “Only in the movies, sweetie.”

Looking into my eyes, she kissed my forehead. “Thank you, trust me Eric, it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

“Wait, where are you going? How about I make us a nice dinner? Actually, change that. How about we go out, my refrigerator is a little bare.”

Kaylee stood in front of the door with the bag in her hand. “I would love to; however you’re going to be asleep in about ten minutes.”

“Are you still going on about the spell? I got it, great joke.”

“No, I’m serious. I’ll come by in the morning and pick you up, we can do brunch together.”

Brunch? Even on Saturdays, I don’t sleep that late.

“Still don’t believe me. OK, how about this, when you wake up tomorrow and you are not a girl; I will buy you that new electronic thing-a-ma-bob you keep drooling over. Plus, I’ll pay for brunch.”

“I didn’t know selling crystal and incense paid so well.” Laughing, this really sounded like easy money to me, although funny thing I was getting pretty tired. Magic no, too much alcohol, yes.

“And if I lose, and by some miracle I wake up as a girl, then what.”

“There is a cute Fendi mini shoulder bag that I want and then you can buy me brunch instead.”

A purse for a new Windows tablet, sounded fair to me. Even if I turned into a girl, I would still come out ahead.

“Done.” Happily, I yawned. Way too much booze.

“Good night.” She sang out, closing the door.

Nodding, I headed into my room. For some reason, I couldn't remember getting into bed.

Some of the oddest dreams plagued my sleep that night, although most had vanished when I woke up. What I did remember didn’t make a lot of sense. Standing on desolate plain, covered in knee high white wheat, I stood next to a tall black tree. Atop one of the branches stood a black bird, could have been a raven maybe a crow.

Across from me, stood a young girl, like me, she wore no clothes. Next to her, a white tree and strange white bird. Surrounding the familiar looking girl, knee high black wheat. When I raised my hand in greeting, she raised her hand. When I waved, she waved. Suddenly now the girl, I looked across the white wheat, and saw my male self standing there.

The strange dreams did in no way match my first experience in waking up female. All my life, I have slept on my stomach. This morning, I lay on my back. Immediately, I noticed an odd weight sitting on my chest, strange but also familiar at the same time.

“Weird.” Sitting, up I felt the weight shift. “You have to be kidding.” Looking down, I found two perfectly formed female breasts poking out of a flannel nightgown.

Rolling out of bed, ignoring the weight on my chest, I looked around the room. The duality, hit me once more, feminine but not terribly so, it seemed ordinary and strange at the same time.

Black lacquer furniture, replaced with rosewood. The tall dresser, replaced with a lower one, with a brass mirror above it. The bed, turned into a sleigh bed. Pictures on the wall of Eric now replaced with a girl who could be my Cousin Stephanie’s twin. Photos of the new me stood on the wall, dresser and vanity. Standing with my parents at college graduation, Kaylee and me at the beach with friends, other relatives all the images the same but different.

“Wild.”

Perhaps I should be freaking out, but everything seemed so normal. Then last night’s comment on how the magic would take care of things made sense. Only being a girl for a week, freaking out about it, the entire time wouldn't be too productive. With new knowledge coming to me about how much the purse might actually cost, I was now actually more upset about losing the bet then turning into a girl.

Still, very strange.

Walking over to the closet, I opened it revealing a full-length mirror. Slipping off my nightgown, I took a first glimpse of my new self. Trust me, you would too. I poked and prodded myself a little, seemed all too normal.

Nice looking breasts, flat tummy, wide hips turning into a very feminine ‘V’ confirmed the spell worked. Staring down, I also noticed that I seemed to be clean-shaven.

“I can guess who came up with that idea.”

Although I have never seen my cousin in the buff, I did look a lot like her, not bad. If someone decides to turn you into a girl, an attractive one would be the way to go.

Still, very strange.

Slipping on a long fuzzy pink bathrobe, I walked into the bathroom to start my day. Coming out, taking much longer than normal, I had to giggle. Married twice, the differences between how men and women shower in the morning was readily apparent. Admittedly, I did smell quite nice, liking the coconut conditioner. At least for a week, I would could deal with it.

Slipping on clean clothes, ones not stuffed into drawers or thrown on the floor, I smelled freshly brewed coffee. Did my new self, actually use a timer on a coffee pot? My jeans definitely fit my body a lot better, hugging all the girly parts quite nicely. A clean bra, which all my life I had only taken off, and not on, followed by a nice light green blouse finished the outfit. Putting my shoulder length hair into a ponytail, I decided to take care of the rest later as I walked into the living room.

“What are you doing here?”

Hadn't gotten used to the girl voice yet, nor that I appeared to have lost about six inches in height. Everything seemed so much taller, reminded me of when I was in elementary school.

“You gave me the key. Wow.” Kaylee set down her coffee mug, getting a look at me for the first time. “Spin around girlfriend, let me take a good look at you.”

Grinning, I gave her the model twirl, only to find myself in her arms. “Thank you...thank you Erin, you don’t know how much this means to me.”

Stepping back, but not letting go, I grinned. “Erin’s not bad, I had a great Aunt named Erin. So who came up with that name?”

“You did silly.” Kissing me lightly on the lips, she giggled running back to the kitchen. “Want a cup of coffee?”

“Sure. You know I should be a lot angrier with you?”

Kaylee set down the coffee mug for a second, confused, and then smiled seeing that I wasn't really angry. “Why?”

“A Fendi mini shoulder bag, really, from Nordstrom right.”

“Of course.” Laughing, she set the cup in front of me. “Well, I could have said Michael Kors or Louis Vuitton.”

“Like I would have known the difference.”

“You do now.”

Taking a sip of coffee, I nodded. “Well of course.”

“Got to love magic.” She said, taking a seat next to me.

Interestingly enough the divorce papers were gone. Check, Erin had never been married to Lori. We talked for a few minutes about the change and my lack of excitement about turning into a woman. Kaylee spent most of the time wanting to hear about my dreams.

“I thought we were going to go for brunch?”

“Sorry, we need to wait for Aunt Miranda first.” Picking up the cups, she cleaned them off before putting them in the dishwasher.

“Why are we waiting for your Aunt?”

I had met her Aunt a few times, very nice person in her mid-forties. Her husband on the other hand, I knew very well. He worked on computers for a living and freelance setting up servers and the like for my company. Her Aunt, well she was a….

“Wait, you’re not telling me? No way, Kaylee, I have only been a girl for what a few hours and you’re already going to subject me to that.”

“Every woman has to have a checkup once a year. She really just wants to make sure everything turned out OK.”

I sat back confused. “Wait? How does she know, who else knows I suddenly turned into a woman?”

All manners of nightmares filled my head, people I have known for years thinking I suddenly went off to Thailand or something. What would I tell my parents?

Kaylee came over and hugged me. “Relax, it’s because she is also a member of my Circle. Only you and all those who were part of the ritual know. To everyone else, you have always been Erin.”

“Let me tell you Kaylee, I am working really hard not to freak out. However, it appears I am on some sort of magical Prozac.”

“True me sweetie, this won’t take that long and we will go to the mall for some retail therapy.”

“Retail therapy huh, I’m not really a big fan of malls.”

In, out, grab a book or electronics had always been my MO. Also, stay as far away from the mall during the holidays.

“I imagine that might have changed.”

Walking across the living room, she answered the door. I could hear her Aunt's greeting.

“Where is Erin, let me see her.”

Standing up, I waved to Miranda only to be engulfed in a hug. Did all women greet each other this way? Not that I minded.

Stepping back, she gave me a once over. “Can I cook, or can I cook.”

“You’re in charge of the Circle.”

“Circle?” Miranda rolled her eyes. “That girl has a thing for the word Witch. It’s Coven sweetie, don’t worry. I won’t be offended if you call me a Witch.”

Kaylee grumbled as she walked by.

Noticing the bag in her Aunt’s hand, I made a face. “Do we have to do this? I mean, I’m only going to be a girl for a week.” I tried not to whine but wasn't too successful.

“Yes we do, you worked with some very powerful magics last night. I want to make sure everything is OK.”

Sighing, I reluctantly allowed her to lead me to my bedroom. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have remained in my nightgown.

“Stay here Kaylee, give Erin a little privacy.”

I won’t go into what she did, trust me this is a big old black mark on being a girl. Turn your head and cough doesn't shine a light to what Miranda did to me.

Happily, as I put my clothes back on, Miranda walked out of the room to give my best friend the news.

“Congratulations Kaylee, it’s a girl.”

Author's Notes: A special thanks to djkauf for a little elvish editing. If you like the story please leave a Kudos, if you have the time I would love to hear from you. Thanks to all for reading!

Copyright © 2013 Elsbeth

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So nice!

to see more of this one already! I'm really enjoying Erin's voice. Also I see this magic has training wheels for the new girl which is always a nice bonus.

I have no idea where you're ultimately going with this as far as the one week time limit is concerned. We've already been told this spell is not easily repeatable, so what happens if that romance all of us BC readers are looking forward to blooms?

Big hugs
Grover

lol one week

my favorite part of unstable magick especially destiny magick is the unpredictability - Your one week spell could end up three weeks instead if no one is paying the price or the whip lash kicks in it makes it permanent :P

but I digress your resident mage

angel

P.s. I hope to see more I love stories that are magick based epically ones that loosely follow the rules of magick

just your average crazy person

Magic training wheels

Elsbeth's picture

Well, Kaylee doesn't want Erin to be uncomfortable. She has a agenda, of course :) Happy your liking it so far.

Thanks for reading

*hugs*

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

erin

I like the way this story going I like to see more.

Erin

Elsbeth's picture

Thanks, I'm happy your enjoying the story.

Thanks for reading

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Interesting!!

Pamreed's picture

Making her history reflect her current condition solves a lot of problems.
How long will it take for the other shoe to drop? Elsbeth I do not know
your stories so I am treading on new ground! I am intrigued!!!

Pamela

"So I’ve been a boy and I’ve been a girl and, trust me, being a girl is better"

Background History

Elsbeth's picture

It does, its just means I have to add other things to 'liven' things up :)

Thanks for reading

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

a week?

the time frame is the only problem I have with this. the energy has been expended, the transformation done. it seems to me to go back you should have to do it again or undo it, expending more energy.
other than that great story, looking forward to more.
thanks

I am wondering

If the gender change was for more than a week from the last line.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Has he been set up Elsbeth?

Sounds like it to me, I'll bet it's a very long week.

Like! Forever.

Good story thankyou.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita