Jem...Chapter 77 Little Drummer Moogle-Girl.

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Angel/Jem
Jem…Chapter 76

by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2013 Bailey Summers
All Rights Reserved.

Jem…Chapter 77 Little Drummer Moogle-Girl.

Chapter 77
 


Author's Note: Picture used with permission from *lavonia on deviantart.


 
Chapter 77
 

*Kimberly…………

The gig went off really great and it’s just amazing that I’m part of this. I mean it was actually pretty cool compared to stuff I knew when summer was with us. Angel’s changed our lives so much.

I think it’s awesome that she’s finally discovering herself with us.

I’m busy with the fans and the dads as we’re packing things up and that takes up a lot of my time too. There’s a lot of work breaking down a set of drums and everything that we need to go with it. It’s still really awesome getting to talk to people from the crowd and stuff.

And It’s really a lot of the time a non-stop flirt fest.

Seriously there’s all these people that think that drummer girls are hot…and we are but wow there’s a lot of cheesy lines from guys and getting hit on can just sorta suck. Then there’s the lesbian girls.

If the lesbian thing worked for me then I think I might’ve stepped up with Rayne after Skummer.

Oh…unless Summer messed with me instead.

Eww…Ick.

Actually Rayne’s the one person that made me think of myself going lesbian…at first. I’m not but y’know how when you have lesbian friends that you like so much as friends that when you see them hurting you kinda think… I could be such a good GF.

I guess I just like to see my friends happy maybe to the point of having those sort of dreams for them.

The girls that sort of flirt are better about it than the guys and they’re mostly shy being nice sort of flirty and I’ll admit its kinda dope to get them all hot and squirmy. I’m Asian, Japanese so there’s that whole thing and really I’m not that upset anymore about the fetish. I mean look at the Japanese themselves and big wider eyes and boobs are the must have plastics stuff and then there’s the whole love of the blondes and red haired.

I guess all cultures have a type and stuff but these cute sorta shy les-girls get this look when I’m lifting my drums and stuff. Yeah I’m Japanese and tiny but I do got great arms.

And I’m a tease sometimes.

It was really sweet for Brook to be all worried about me being a fifth wheel and stuff though and truthfully I’m kinda wanting a something with someone but honestly…

I don’t?

Dad and Mom left a bad stain there on the whole couple thing, then there’s the fact I’m not gay so that nixed that option and guys well…I like guys, I like cock…sorta? I was with my cousin’s crew when I got into sex and was with three guys and they pretty much…they kinda sucked in bed and were kinda assholes.

But while I was there one of my girls then who hooked me up with my toys and that’s when I was pretty sure I at least liked that part of them.

I do, and I like more too and there’s some really nice eye-candy out there but so far…

I’d like a guy as nice and sweet and brave like Mike or Remy or even Jason if Jase wasn’t really Angel but not be any of them.

But these guys are rare.

And like a lot of the times a good looking guy turns out to be an asshole.

But as much as that stuff’s frustrating and everything stuff’s really been good y’know.

Brook’s doing awesome and it means more than I can say that she’s getting there. I love her; she is closer to me than every member of my bio-fam and with what she’s been through…to see her starting to see herself as more than just white trash.

Hell I think she’s even stopped writing on herself. I’m not sure what that’s like called but it’s kind of like cutting but instead you write really horrible stuff about you on your skin. She used to do that, sometimes a lot but she hasn’t done that in quite awhile now.

More proof that Angel coming into the picture is like really good for all of us.

Y’know sometimes I replay that first time that Jace dressed and changed in my room and became Angel and the more I look back the more it does seem like Angel was taking Jace off instead of him putting Angel on.

God it’s nice to have extra spending cash.

Oh I get money from my folks but it’s mostly for the school and there’s a stipend at a few places like for my dry cleaning for my uniforms and stuff for school and like twenty dollars a week for spending money and that doesn’t include toiletries or make up and all the other stuff you need as a girl.

And I’m emancipated so legally until I’m eighteen I get my child tax credit. I’m lucky that way because with my folks paying for my schooling and stuff they could’ve taken it because they’re still sort of supporting me and stuff.

And they could make me live in the dorms.

I pretty much told them that I’d live on the streets before them using a school as a socially acceptable JV hall. So more or less I think that I really won because I’d just have embarrassed them too much.

But most of that money doesn’t last that long with everything really and I Do chip in and was chipping in. I even had some savings in what I thought was a safe place until Skummer swiped that along with a whole lot of our shit. I was trying to save to actually get my boobs done.

God yes I know that sounds so stereotypical an Asian girl wanting bigger boobs but I’m pretty much at my limit. Most of the women in my family are small breasted on both sides of my family and I want to be able to look hot…I want to be able to wear slinky wear and lingerie and not feel like a little kid playing dress up.

So like I’ve been saying with Angel its better. Regular gigs and we’re getting paid and all official too…Once we get our papers from the things angel have us set up with I’m sending a copy to my parents because they’re against all of this…well I’m a paid professional musician now and they can choke on it.

And as Angel says if SLB lasts only until we’re busy and into college that still means that if we’re going into the business through schooling then we have real professional experience and we’re not just some garage band.

I hope we don’t break up and we can still do gigs together and stuff once we’re in college even if we do them like I don’t know online or something? And then maybe do like big gigs on school breaks but I know I don’t want this to end.

I wanna be one of those mom’s with the guy out back and who spends her intermission gig break breastfeeding her baby and stuff.

Okay that has me smiling even though its years away and I go shopping. Yeah it’s Wally-World and stuff but they still carry neat things here like stuff that is all trendasianal stuff like Ramen types and snacks and junk and really it is mostly junk but I’m a culturally deprived Japanese girl and all that junkie stuff you see all over my Mother wouldn’t let into the house.

Apparently my Bourgeoisie mother thought that Mr. Noodles are gauche.

So I get a twelve pack of those the spicy seafood flavor and a bag of dried fermented shrimp and some packs of freeze dried shrimp and some kimchi…yes Korean but like some things it’s so good it has spread all over the world…like ketchup. I get some other noodle cups just to try them and some cans of coconut water.

No I don’t just drink Red-Bull but I do get four boxes of four of those while I’m there and a six pack of the dark coffee flavored Rock-Star’s too.

Oooh and Pocky…I love Pocky. In case you don’t know their spaghetti stick like cookies some are covered in chocolate and some are covered in frosting and my favorite are the strawberry ones.

After that it’s the pharmacy section for some bandage tape and tampons and just stuff I need some cheap make up that’s decently priced for the brand and it get an idea for the band that actually get’s me going some more and I’m sliding around on my cart like a scooter until I’m seen by one of the store clerk guys and he starts to say.

“Hey..don’t…”

I grin at him and keep going and he turns to follow me and in ride with both feet for a bit but reach back and pull my skirt up and give him an anime-girl panty flash.

Giggle…it stops him in his tracks staring.

Hey I might not have that much up top but I’ve a really cute butt and I’m wearing my VS cheeky cut lace panties and their awesome. I mean these things are like magical power panties.

Oh…..oh that’s going to be a name for a drum solo I’m so going to do one called “Magical Power Panties.”

Did I just say that out loud?

I laugh and lose him around a corner and I head to the music and video section and I peruse the stuff they have there for anime. They actually sell a fair amount of it too since some of the companies that make this stuff are making stuff pretty much tailored for the North American markets and I get some stuff that I want.

I love most of it actually.

Oh they have Princess-Princess I bet you they have no idea what it actually is they just see the title and they think it’ll sell. I snap it up and head to the cashier’s line and I’m done until we get…

Home…

Oh….hello?

I’m pulling up to the cash and there’s this guy there.

Okay…I’m almost doing the Squiggy palm-bite.

He’s hot.

Blonde long hair and glasses and he’s tall like six two or three and he’s ripped…like big muscles under his clothes and the fact that he’s wearing a tank top under a flannel shirt that’s just loose and jeans that are old and faded and work stained but do nothing to hide an amazing ass…he’s wearing old sneakers with the laces tied so he just slips them on like slippers. I can see his bare ankles a little so he’s in his bare feet.

And I’m seeing hints of tattoos too under the clothes he looks like I said hot.

I’m watching him putting his stuff up ahead of me and it’s kind of interesting. Spaghetti in the no name packs, chicken wieners which are really kind of gross and cheap, chicken coating mix and several cans of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, generic mac and cheese, milk and Oreo’s and cereal and okay there’s crayons too and a bunch of cheap coloring books and the first Naruto movie on DVD.

I look at him. “Hey…wow that’s an assortment.”

He looks at me and has this bashful look on his face a bit. “My daughter, she has this thing for chickeny things.”

………?

“Daughter?” I look him over again he really, really doesn’t look that old. “You’re kind of young to have a daughter aren’t you?”

Again the almost blushing bashful look.

“I was way less than careful with her mother when we were really too young.”

“Oh…how young?”

“Thirteen…”

“Oh wow and you’re…?”

He extends his hand. “I’m Max and I’m seventeen.”

Okay I’m blushing now. “Oh bugger, I’m sorry. I’m getting all up in your business and nosy and I didn’t even introduce myself first.”

“Kimberly right?”

My mouth drops open.

“How’d you know that?”

“You’re in Starlight Butterfly.”

“Okay no fairs how are you doing that?”

He laughs. “My daughter likes your music.”

“But she’s four!?”

“Yeah I know but she already can look stuff up on the computer.”

“Really?”

“Yeah they learn quickly these days, it’s the age of Google and point and click.”

“But…?”

He laughs. “I think my mom was watching stuff on You Tube and she clicked you girls because it said Butterflies and that’s how.”

“Oh…still cool.”

“Yeah she likes when you guys did *Because I’m Awesome* and *I want Candy* the most but she likes to try to sing along with *Walk like an Egyptian* and *Soul Sister.* too she really likes to Oh-way-oh.”

I blush and smile then extend my hand. “Well it’s really nice to meet you Max; I hope we can do it again sometime.”

He nods and runs his debit card through paying for his stuff and he gets a pen from the cashier and he writes on it. Then he passes it to me.

“I…I uhm…I’m single and her mom’s not in the picture so if you…if you don’t think you’d mind a guy with a kid who works late…call me? Or something maybe you’d like to…to come over for supper some night or go for a coffee.”

“I..uhm…I will…” I take the slip and put it into my bra and I’m kinda stunned. I mean I get asked out and stuff like I said but guys like this, with a job and a kid and all guy single dad and responsible and stuff.

That’s something else…it’s like out of my league right?

Max gives me another smile and he takes his stuff and he goes and I’m…I’m…

“Oh wow, he’s…”

The cashier girl nods watching him go like I am and we both sigh. I look at her and we both end up giggling and we don’t really know each other but we high five anyway.

I get out to the car and I’m like totally distracted the whole way home. I’m excited too and I take my stuff to my room and instead of unpacking it all right away I just end up flopping onto my bed with a sigh.

“Max…”

I roll over and pull one of my pillows over and tuck it under my head. “It was sure nice meeting you tonight.”

I take out the slip and his number’s there and his e-mail too and I stare at it just wondering.

I know the kind of person I am y’know. And as tempting as this is, as he is…do I really want to get involved with a guy like Max and a kid. It’s not like my own mom is a great example for me to like follow.

I really need to think about this.

up
242 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

LOL Yeah that really was a Kimmie thing.

I'm glad I decide to even this out with a Kim chapter.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

If your wish comes true Dorothy

You should've asked for Max!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Lyrics

I'm chuckling just thinking about the possible words to 'Magical Power Panties!" LOl!

Hugs
Grover

awsome

so glad to see the story going agian:) i so like this story :)

Thanks so much Michelle!

It's back up and running and 78's in the works too:)
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

“Magical Power Panties.”

Elsbeth's picture

Very important :) love the chapter

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Yes Magical Power Panties are very important:)

I'm definitely thinking the drum solo for Kimmie, undecided if she'll do lyrics but Angel might encourage it for her to get a songwriters credit. And there might be more in the story if there's certain powers for certain pairs.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Max and daughter

Will we be seeing Max and his daughter in later chapters I hope so and it would be nice to see Kimmy with someone who will be responsible and even if it's only a maybe something want to know more.

Thanks for another great chapter
Randi

Randi

Yes Randi I think Max might be seen

A little more here and there as Kim's a lot scared and a little interested. So's he but he been...
Well that'd e a spoiler.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Lust at first sight...

However, both have baggage - especially Max, although it sounds as though his mother is arround to lend a hand, so he's not completely on his own in bringing up his daughter.

I'd imagine they'd take their relationship very slowly - initial informal meetings to test the waters and see if there's anything between them other than lust and fandom, possibly moving onto 'just good friends', then maybe, just maybe, move onto something deeper. They've both made mistakes and probably wouldn't want to head full steam into a relationship only for it to fall apart with both crashing and burning.

Then again, as love and relationships are the most common themes for songs written in pretty much every era (heck, one even smuggled its way into the world's most read religious book...), should the relationship continue and Kim ever start feeling poetical, there'll be no shortage of inspiration for lyrics... :)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Very good points Mittfh:)

Kim has a serious like for Max and then there's the child which rather smartly scares her more than a little. We'll have to see how things work out as I write them but I was intending a romantic interest or something along that plot for Kim.

I also am thinking that Max given the back story in my head for him will be careful, really careful. He's likely had women/girls interested before and they've likely never lasted either.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

so Kimmie wants a blonde

she certinaly derserves a good one.
very nice chapter, thanks

Cool!!!

Pamreed's picture

I am so happy for Kim, I think she just met Mr. Right!! I guess we
will have to wait and see!! SLB is doing more then be a good band
it is helping each of them to find herself!! Thanks Bailey!!
One thing, I always write my comment before I read what others
have said. I do not want my thoughts to be swayed by theirs.

Hugs,
Pamela

"how many cares one loses when one decides not to be
something, but someone" Coco Chanel

It's really appreciated Pam:)

And it will really be interesting how things will go and pan out. Mostly because Kim now has Angel's dad, Mike's dad and even Mike as a measure of good guys she can look to instead of her workaholic perfection drive father.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Viewpoints

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

It's great to see Kimberly's view on how things have changed since Angel arrived as she's really been the least explored member of the quartet. It should probably come as no surprise given everything we know she did for Brook and standing up to her own folks, that underneath all that bouncy drummer girl image is a much more considered, thoughtful person who knows herself very well.

Thanks for giving us this look into Kimberly's mind. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Oh hell yeah Kimmie, take a

Oh hell yeah Kimmie, take a chance, the others will back you up if there's trouble. Saying that if he has a kid I doubt he'd cause trouble. Sounds like he'd be interesting to date, and his daughter ddoes have great taste in anime and music lol.

Big hugs

lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Oh hell yeah Kimmie, take a

Oh hell yeah Kimmie, take a chance, the others will back you up if there's trouble. Saying that if he has a kid I doubt he'd cause trouble. Sounds like he'd be interesting to date, and his daughter ddoes have great taste in anime and music lol.

Big hugs

lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I'm definitely trying with this idea for Kimmie.

I wanted to do something for Kimmie with the whole love interest possibility but also a background POV for her too which'll round out the feel for the girls hopefully as a group when reading the story.

*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...The Godfather:)

Bailey Summers

I really really love kimmie

I really really love kimmie as a character. ... and every time I read about her (especially from her pov) I find myself wishing I had a friend like her!
As a whole the Jem series just seems to centre and relax me somehow.

But the moogly one definitely deserves to have a fulfilling relationship with an s.o.

Belated wishes that you keep up the good work!
Xx

Yay! Kimmie gets so love!

Kimmie is a great character and she seldom gets comment action:)
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

It's about time

Podracer's picture

About time we saw life through the eyes of the Bubbly One. Apart from her family background and energy, how well have we known her? She seems to have been waiting in the wings for her time on stage, thanks for bringing her forward :)
This chapter made me laugh several times, including the MPPs which made me pause the Dixie Chicks while I imagined Kimmie beatin' them skins, periodically laughing, face upwards and shaking her head.

( Never done the trolley scoot. Uh - uh. Well, maybe once every alternate Asda trip, with a pair of stacked trolleys, downhill to the trolleypark, manic I-don't-care grin in place. Silly old sod.
I also wouldn't have a notably large collection of anime theme music which I play at work and in the car. The rot set in with the Bleach series. Check tenshi.ru which "doesn't" have anything there, no sir, not even a vast list of the things.)

Kimmie, recognise romance, girl, when it jogs your elbow. You even have the ice broken for you!

The poignant point for me was Kimmie seeing "..Angel was taking Jace off instead of him putting Angel on".
*Hugs* JJ.

"Reach for the sun."

It was a good thing to have a bit of Kimmie.

And I soooo have a ting about trolley's and that whole shopping having fun the romance of the everyday elusive.
*Great Big Hugs.*

Bailey Summers