I Ain't Gay! Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

I Ain't Gay! Chapter 7
Copyright 2013 by Heather Rose Brown

In this chapter, Tanner gives Mel's suggestion a try, then discovers a reason he hadn't considered for being afraid of doing so.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I followed Mel to a doorway on the other side of her bedroom, carrying the clothes she had given me as if they might detonate with the slightest bump.

"You can change in here," she said as she pulled open the door and lead the way into the darkness.

Mel reached up and tugged on something. I squinted at the light for for a moment, then looked around at the cramped space we were in. While examining all the clothes hanging from the rails on either side of me, I noticed something seemed to be missing.

"Ain't you got any dresses?" I asked when I realized what that something was.

My friend grinned as she pointed over my shoulder and said, "Yup, right over there."

I looked behind me and found a total of one dress. The sight of it shoved against the wall by a bunch of sweaters seemed inexplicably sad. I was also a little surprised. Even though I wasn't much of expert on girls' closets, I was sort of expecting more than one lonely dress.

Mel touched my arm and said, "I'll give you some privacy so you can change."

Change. Just the sound of that word made my stomach do cartwheels ... though thumbtacks ... in the rain ... acid rain. I turned back to my friend and said, "I'm not sure if I can go through with this."

"Trust me," she said as she patted my hand. I tried to not think of what I was holding in that hand when she added, "It'll be okay."

Something about the soft way she spoke helped calm some of the panic I'd been feeling. Not sure exactly what to say, I just smiled and nodded.

She smiled back as she started to slip past me. I tried moving out of the way, but we still wound up being rather close. To be more precise, we were chest to chest close. At that moment, I totally forgot everything else and went about completely dying of embarrassment.

"I'm so, so sorry," I said as I tried to back up further against the heavy mass hanging behind me.

Mel's cheeks turned a deep pink as she slid the rest of the way past me. "It's okay," she said, then nearly tripped over her own foot as she moved away from me. "If you need anything, just knock," she added before stepping out and closing the door.

Once I was alone and recovered enough to remember why I was where I was, I looked down at what I was holding. In one hand was a pair of shorts. I could handle shorts. In my other hand were ... other things.

No, they weren't just other things. They were things with names. They were ... panties ... and a bra ... and I was going to wear them.

But why?

Because my friend, someone I trusted, said it was something I needed to do.

Was there any other reason?

No. Well ... maybe. Okay ... yes, although I wasn't sure what that reason was. What I *did* know, or at least suspect, was that I was procrastinating.

After dropping the now fully named clothes, I hooked my thumbs into the top of my jeans, catching the waistband of my underpants at the same time, then pulled them both down to my ankles before kicking them off. My hands started shaking a little as I picked up the panties. I took in a deep breath to steady my nerves, then poked my feet through the leg holes and pulled the panties up over my hips.

They both did and didn't feel as weird as I'd expected. They felt like they were made of the same kind of material as my boy underpants, although a bit lighter. They also felt tighter. Not uncomfortable tight, but not-baggy tight. That last difference caused another difference.

There was a noticeable bulge up front. It wasn't as if there hadn't been anything noticeable before, but it was easier to ignore then with looser underpants. It definitely wasn't easy to ignore now. I was about ready to tell Mel I'd changed my mind when a thought occurred to me.

I lowered the panties a little to give me some room, then tried shifting thing around down there. After some experimenting, I found it looked better when I pulled everything between my legs. It wasn't exactly perfect, but I felt better about the way it looked when I pulled the panties back up.

I looked down at the other two items Mel had given me. Deciding to go for the easier one, I stepped into the shorts and pulled them up my legs. As my friend had predicted, the waist was pretty low, which meant I'd never be able to pull my shirt down to reach it. The shorts also seemed to pull things up between my legs. It didn't hurt, but it did feel a little odd.

I looked down again and saw the last item Mel had given me: the bra. Unlike the shorts and panties, there wasn't anything similar to it that boys wore. Just the same, I was going to wear one ... as soon as I figured out how to wear it.

Deciding it couldn't be too difficult, I peeled off my shirt, then boldy picked up the bra in a firm grip. After discovering bras had little metal things that could hurt if held too tightly, I loosened my grip and examined the item more cautiously.

Although I'd never seen anyone wearing a bra up close and personal, I had seen department store ads, so I did have some idea of what was supposed to go where. After finding a couple of promising looking straps, I slid my arms through them, which brought two triangles of cloth up against my chest.

Only, they weren't cloth. Or at least, not just cloth. They were thicker around the middle parts and thinner near the edges. They also had a little bit of give when I pressed a finger into them. Not being much of a bra man, I wasn't sure if that was normal or not, so I decided to ignore it for now and deal with the straps dangling on my back.

I could not get them to connect. Not for love. Not for money. Not for backstage passes to the band concert of your choice. Finally, frustrated beyond all hope, I opened the closet door and said, "Could you help me with this?"

The last time I'd seen Mel, her cheeks were pink. That color now covered her whole face as she said, "What are you doing?"

Sensing something was wrong, I hesitated for a moment, then said, "I needed help with this. You said I could ask for help, didn't you?"

"But ... but, you're naked."

I looked down at the shorts I was wearing, then looked back up and said, "No I ain't."

At first, it looked like my friend was about to argue, then she shrugged and smiled in a strange way as she said, "Okay. I guess you're right. So, what did you want help with?"

"These things," I said as I reached a hand behind my back.

"Oh sure," Mel said as she walked behind me. "That can be tricky, especially if you've never worn a bra before." I felt her fiddling with something between my shoulders before the band on the bottom of the bra tightened around my ribs.

At that precise moment, there was a knocking at the bedroom door, after which a woman's voice said, "Melissa, are you in there?"

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Busted!!

Pamreed's picture

Busted!!

Depends

Upon how well padded the bra is...

Depends?

I think Tanner is a little too young for adult diapers. ;)

As Richard Brookbank observed

As Richard Brookbank observed in a draft which didn't quite make it to the final version, we can put men on the moon but we can't find a way of supporting breasts that doesn't require women to be fucking contortionists? What exactly is wrong with having a little button at the front?

Thanks for that, Heather. LMHO.

If anyone's wondering, that stands for 'laughed my head off'. It's funnier than the American version. Think of someone's head falling off and rolling along the floor. It could happen. But their arse? I don't think so. Can't picture that at all.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

Actually... is there a reason

Actually... is there a reason why bra's don't have a button on the front?

It doesn't look very good for our poor protagonist here. Does he look girly enough to pass, or will mom call him out on it. Or will she warn him off her daughter's lesbian ways? ;)

Great story so far. Heather, thank you for writing, I can't wait for the next chapter,
Beyogi

Bra buttons

Well, there are bras that fasten up in the front. Unfortunately, our poor protagonist doesn't have one of them. ;)

Freak out?

Hrmmm ... I suppose Mel's mom could take things the wrong way. Stop by this story next week to find out! :)

dress up

will she put tights on him too with dress or makeup. good story to read.

Tight/dress/makeup?

Well, Mel does have one dress ... not sure if I'll go in that direction, though. Although I haven't said it in the story, Mel is the same age as Tanner (thirteen), so she might have makeup. That's a pretty tricky age where parents usually seem to be trying to keep you a kid as long as possible, so her parents may not have allowed her to wear makeup yet.

uh oh!

trouble?

DogSig.png

Could be trouble

::whistling innocently as I work on the next chapter::

Front Hook Bras

I have one, it's quite light weight and even with its underwires, some of my back hook bras have more support.

I've never had trouble with back hook bras, probably because all my joints are or were quite flexible and my arms are long. If I put my arms behind me, I can touch both elbows to the palms of the opposite hands. The front hook bra is a little troublesome because the back is easily twisted. Sometimes it takes 2 tries to get the cups in place with the back band flat.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Trust. Change. Mom. Yikes!

Ole Ulfson's picture

Whatever happens, Tanner will never be the same. Maybe mom will be thrilled that Mel is with a boy even if he's dressed in her clothes. Or, maybe she'll think Tanner's a girl. Either way it makes a great story.

Brilliant!

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!