Working Girl 20

Printer-friendly version

Working Girl 20

By Susan Brown

Angel

Once again my thanks go to Kristina LS for knocking this into shape

I was accosted by Ronald and Derek the instant I walked through the doors.

‘There you are, what kept you, we were all of a tizzy thinking you were bottling it.’

I looked at Derek and saw the relief on his face as he said that.

‘Don’t worry Derek, I am not bottling it. How do I look?’

I gave them a quick twirl.

Ronald sighed and said, ‘I wish I was bi.’

Derek slapped him around the head a bit.

‘You look lovely, dear. Now let’s go into the staff restaurant, as we have someone you need to meet.

‘We haven’t got much time’ I sad anxiously.

‘Time enough.’ said Derek, ‘slime ball is going to be late himself. He has a meeting with some area reps and won’t be in until 10 at the earliest.’

We walked into the staff restaurant and went over to the corner where a young girl was sitting sipping some tea or what counts for tea there.

Ronald introduced us as we arrived.

‘Jane, this is Toni, the girl we spoke about.’

She was quite tall, blond, and thin as a rake. She wore a nice white blouse and a black figure hugging skirt. She was very pretty. Perhaps I was bi, because, Percy perked up at the sight of her, though how he could think of things like that at this time, I really don’t know.

We shook hands. She looked nervous and ill at ease.

We all sat down in the leather seats to cacophony of fart sounds. I was getting bloody fed up with these seats!

Derek took charge.

‘Now Toni, we wanted you to meet Jane as she was the secretary to Roger before you arrived. Now Jane please tell Toni what you know about our little libidinous friend.’

She looked around nervously. Apart from us, no one, we were alone in the restaurant.

‘It won’t go further, will it?’

‘No,’ said Derek, ‘we promised, didn’t we?’

‘OK. Roger is the nastiest, dirtiest bastard I have ever met. At first he was nice. He was the model employer. He was considerate and kind. He treated me very well and we got on like a house on fire. Then he asked me out for a meal at lunch time. I went with him. To be honest, I fancied him something rotten so I was very happy to go. Lets face it he is drop dead gorgeous and… no lets not go there. Anyway he takes me to lunch and things were going well. Then the conversation turned more personal. He said I should start wearing more revealing clothes and that we should see more of each other outside working hours.’

‘How did you feel about that?’ said Ronald.

‘I was OK with it. I fancied him and I had just broken up with my boyfriend. Anyway he suggested that we go for dinner that night and we arranged to meet at the little Bistro off Tavistock Square, you know the intimate one where you need a torch to see the menu.'

‘Ooh we’ve been there; it’s nice, but a bit expensive.’

‘Shut up Ronald, let Jane tell Toni what she needs to know.’

‘Sorry.’

‘Anyway, I dressed up in my favourite LBD and when I arrived at the restaurant I was led to a private booth in the corner. The place was fairly empty, it was only 7 so still early and Roger stood up as I arrived, big smile on his face and a single red rose in his hand.’

She stopped and took another sip of tea.

‘The waiter helped me to sit and left us alone.’

“You look ravishing my dear,” said Roger.

‘I merely blushed to my roots as he handed me the rose.’

“I have taken the liberty of ordering some champagne, I hope you like it.”

‘He poured the drinks with practiced ease and I was soon not only drinking the heady champers but also his intoxicating personality. The conversation flowed the same as the wine as I had a fantastic evening. He was warm, pleasant, amusing and self deprecating. After the meal, I had to go to the loo. I was bit drunk but not too bad considering we had shared a whole bottle of champagne.’

Once again she stopped to drink her tea. Her hand shook slightly as she raised the cup to her lips.

‘When I came back, I saw that Roger had ordered us some brandies. I don’t much like brandy, but I wasn’t going to be rude after the nice evening we had. It went straight to my head so as we left the restaurant I was bit giddy. I had a long way home on the bus to look forward to and when Roger suggested I stay in a local hotel around the corner instead, I agreed as I felt that I might have trouble getting home by myself.’

She started crying again. I went over to get her another tea. When I returned, she was blowing her nose loudly into a tissue.

‘Here, drink this.’ I said.

‘Thanks.’

She sipped the hot drink and then continued.

‘Anyway, things got a bit hazy then. Before I knew it, I was sitting on a bed in the hotel room. Somehow, Roger had given me another drink of brandy and told me to drink it down. “Hair of the dog; make you feel better”, he said. I was too bewildered and out of it by then and I just drank it down in one go.’

She wiped her eyes with a tissue.

‘I…. I can’t remember anything else until I woke up the next morning with a huge headache. It took a bit of fumbling before I realised I was wearing a leather spiked dog collar and cuffs on my wrists, nothing else. Also I, ah… was a bit tender and decidedly sticky between my legs and I knew then what had happened. Plus I was chained to the bed and Roger was lying up against me, snoring his head off.’

‘Oh my God.’ said Derek in horror as we all gasped.

‘I shouted out and kneed him in the balls. That woke him up with a yelp and he was off the bed holding his crown jewels as if they were the most precious things in the world and looking at me like I was crazy.’

“You bitch,” he yelled, “why did you do that?”

“Look at me. Look what you’ve done, you sod.”

“But you wanted me to do it. Don’t you remember? You were the one to suggest having some harmless fun. You must remember. It’s your fault that you are trussed up like that. I was only going along with the fun.”

‘I was confused. I could not for the life of me remember what had happened. I began to doubt myself. I mean I'd never really thought about that sort of stuff but perhaps having all that drink, I had gone over the top.’

‘I shouted at him to get the cuffs off me and he slipped the buckles. Grabbing my clothes from the floor where they had been left the night before I ran into the bathroom, crying my eyes out.’

‘As I turned the knob, heading for the shower I could feel that horrible stickiness dribbling down between my legs. I knew what it was without looking and shuddered violently. I washed and scrubbed myself until I was red. I felt so dirty.’

‘After drying myself and getting dressed, I tentatively headed back into the bedroom. Roger had gone, the bastard. He just left a note saying that he had an appointment and would see me in the office on Monday.’

‘What happened then?’ said Derek.

‘I went home, went to bed and slept for 24 hours. I was numb. Unsure of what had happened but blaming myself for getting too drunk and letting my desires get the better of me. I thought that Roger would hate me, thinking I was cheap and open to anything. I convinced myself that I was at fault and decided that I couldn’t face him so when I went back to work, I asked and was given a transfer to another department. Pippa was great; she sorted things out quickly without asking too many questions.’

‘That evening, just as the office was closing for the night, Roger came up to me. He was a bit strange.’

“Jane, sorry you aren’t happy to stay working with me.”

“I was just too embarrassed Roger.”

“I can understand that. Fair enough. I don’t think badly of you. In fact, I had so much fun; I would like to do it again with you.”

‘I looked at him and then something clicked. I realised that he must have had that kinky stuff in the hotel room all along. If that was the case, the room must have been booked and paid for prior to our meeting at the restaurant. I had been set up.’

“You bastard! You did that on purpose. You, you got me in a position where I couldn’t help myself. You must have spiked my drink. Date rape was it? I am going to the police, you shit!”

‘He slapped me quickly across the face and said, “calm down, Jane. You won’t go to the police. It’s your word against mine and anyway, I have some nice pictures of you enjoying our, erm, fun, shall we say. Look, I can see that you don’t want to play so we’ll call it quits shall we? Oh and don’t go putting your notice in as it may make people suspicious of why you don’t want to stay here.”

“Are you blackmailing me?”

“No dear. You don’t earn enough to make it worth my while. Insurance is a much nicer word. Let’s just say that if you don’t want your family to see those pictures, you will stay quiet.”

“So, I’m not the first?”

“Let’s just say that there have been a few misunderstandings in the past.”

‘With that he walked out and I have been trying to avoid him ever since.’

‘You must go to the police,’ I said, ‘he mustn’t get away with it. We know a couple of coppers who would love to get their hands on a shit like Roger.’

‘No. I don’t want to go to court or anything. I feel stupid enough as it is. Just so we can stop him doing this to anyone else, that’s all I want.’

‘I’ll tell my uncle’ I said, ‘He won’t let him work here after he knows what’s going on.’

‘No please. I’ve been humiliated enough. I shouldn’t have let him do it to me.’

I went over and gave her a cuddle.

'Don’t blame yourself. He was the one who did this to you and he needs to pay, big time.'

‘Cut his balls off,’ said Ronald with conviction.

‘I’m with Ronald on this,’ said Derek, ‘ a blunt knife maybe, then he deserves to be hung.’

I looked at them all, angry at what Roger had done and what he would have done to me too, given the chance. I sympathised, but could not agree to doing him physical harm. No that would be too easy and bring us down to his sordid level.

‘It’s up to me.’

They all turned as one.

‘Pardon, said Ronald.

‘I said that it’s up to me to sort him out once and for all. I need to get him in the position of incriminating himself and then get him arrested for attempted rape.’

‘Don’t be silly,’ said Derek ‘it’s dangerous, stupid and would never work.’

‘Just listen to me. I need your help and the help of our two tame policemen. This is what we’ll do…’

Twenty minutes later, I walked back into the office, said hello to the other girls and sat down at my desk.

I had some typing to do so I got on with it.

Roger was still at his meeting so I had time to think through what we had agreed in the staff restaurant.

The others had argued with me until they were blue in the face, but I was determined. I had been a bit of a mouse all my life and now it was time that the mouse roared.

The phone rang.

Hi Toni, It’s Pippa, are you OK, hon?’

'Yes, why?’

Well, you didn’t come back to work yesterday after lunch and I was kind of wondering if there was a problemo.’

I thought quickly.

‘Um, didn’t you get my message?’

‘No,’

‘Oh, I left a message with someone about erm , my doctors appointment.’

‘Oh, are you OK; is there anything I can do?’

‘No, it was my check-up, hormone things, you know. I meant to tell you about it yesterday morning. I made the appointment before I got my job and in the excitement of starting I forgot to tell you. I'm really sorry.’

‘Oh that’s OK. Anyway, must dash. I’ve got a meeting about temp staff availability. Boring, you know? Anyway cheeriebye for now.’

With that, she put the phone down. She was a lovely lady, but just a little scattered, I guessed she hadn't a clue about what was going on under her nose.

I continued to work for a bit and got engrossed in what I was doing. Then I smelt aftershave and looked up. Roger was there looking at me with a smile, no call that a smirk on his face.

‘Hi, Toni, what happened yesterday?’

‘Um, I felt a bit sick and had to rush off. Didn’t the waiter give you my message?’

‘No, but you could have told me yourself.’

‘That’s it, I was sick and I got some stuff on my top. I didn’t want you to see me like that so I rushed off. Sorry.’

Roger smiled even more.

'Well I’m glad you are OK now. You look lovely by the way.’ He said looking me up and down as if I was a piece of meat.

I blushed and said nothing, not trusting myself to speak.

‘Can you pop into my office in a minute and bring a coffee for me and one for yourself too if you like? Thanks.’

With that, the smug bugger walked into his office and closed the door behind him.

I was shaking slightly. I wondered if I was doing the right thing. It was a dangerous game I was playing and I wasn’t too sure if I was up to it.

I had been in the girl’s loo a few minutes before and had sorted out the little mike and receiver for the bug thing that I now had on. I switched it on, so it was recording, went to get the drinks.

I took a deep breath as I put the drinks down on a table outside Rogers office and knocked on his door. I picked them back up with trembling hands and walked in.

‘Are, there you are. Put the drinks down and go shut the door please.’

I did as he said and then walked over to his desk.

‘Sit down for a minute, just got a few emails to read and then I’ll be with you.’

I looked at him as he concentrated on his screen. It seemed impossible, looking at his strong manly face, with kind eyes and slight smile on his lips, that he could be such a slime ball. But I had seen him in action myself. Also, Jane and god knows how many other women had fallen under his spell. No, he had to be stopped. I don’t know where my courage had come from, but while I had it, I thought I would use it.

He pressed the enter key with a flourish and then turned to me with a million kilowatt smile.

‘There, all done. Now let’s get down to it.’

He looked at me from my pale pink satin blouse, lingering at my breasts for a moment and then down to my black leather knee length skirt, black sheer stockings and finally to my calf length highly polished black boots. I could see a slight amount of dribble coming from the corner of his mouth and felt slightly sickened as his tongue darted out like a snake and cleaned his lips of the drool.

‘Now, you remember the conversation we had in the restaurant.’

‘Erm, about what?’

He looked slightly annoyed but continued smoothly.

‘I know I may have given you the impression that I was threatening you with blackmail, but it was only a joke. You know I wouldn’t do anything to harm you. I like you too much. My sense of humour is a bit dark sometimes. Let’s not talk about that. Let’s talk about the future. You are a lovely girl. The fact that you have additional equipment below means that we can have twice the fun. You will like wearing leather and PVC. Look, how about you and I having a bit of dinner tonight. I know a lovely little bistro that isn’t too far from here. We will have a lovely time, let our hair down and enjoy ourselves. We can discuss what I can do… I mean we can do for each other in private. It’s very, um, discrete there. It will be my treat. What do you think?’

I looked at him for a moment. He was beginning to look more and more like a reptile. This was the time to back out. I could just go. Leave the company. Find another job and forget all that had happened to me.

Then I remembered Jane and the fact that she was too frightened to do anything about her rape. Well, this girl wasn’t! (Well I was really but I was not going to admit that to myself, just then).

‘OK, I’ll come but only if you promise to be nice to me and not talk about blackmail.’

Roger beamed at me. I could see the lust in his eyes. I knew that I was in danger. I only hoped that my plan would work and that I would come out of this without harm. Looking at Roger made me wonder if I was biting off more than I could chew. Ooh, yuck, what an image…

To be continued…

Please leave comments, good or bad. I'm a big girl now...I can take it (gulp).

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Goody

joannebarbarella's picture

I'm the first to comment. Love your stuff, Sue. Keep it coming

My Vote, Too

I've just posted my vote, too. I'd like you to continue this story. Can't wait to see the reptile get his comeuppance, and hope our heroine comes out of this safely.

Working Girl 20

Thanks for your comments.

Roger is not my favourite person either. Perhaps his mother loves him but I doubt if anyone else would.

Hugs
Sue

Get the bugger !

I am not really great at dealing with suspense, so please make his eviseration take only one chapter. Were it I, there'd be a .45 Auto in my purse. Grrrrrrr.

Gwenellen

Go Get 'em Girl

I always look forward to your next chapter. It is good to see Toni "growing up". The characters are fun and the positions Toni gets herself into are always intriguing. Can't wait to see how her date turns out.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru