You Chose the Wrong Store - Part 6

Printer-friendly version
Ronnie's life took an unexpected turn

he picked the wrong store to shoplift!

You Chose
the Wrong Store
Part 6

By Jessica C
Copyright © 2013 Jessica C
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com (Photo 16615320). The model in this image is in no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model's use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed free for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.


 

 
 
Part 6
 
Joyce started to ask, “Dr. Simmons…

Dr. Simmons interrupted, “Why don’t all of you just call me Holly.”

“Holly,” Joyce began again, “Janelle is already like a sister to me and I’m usually delighted to help her. Do you have a psychologist in mind, capable and personable enough to help Janelle however her life turns?

“Let me think out loud, we have Dr. Michele Stephens, she’s been a psychologist here five years and this is well in her area of strengths; Dr. Sidney Wells is a psychiatrist who does a fair amount of counseling, I trust and like him but this may not be his area; Dr. Peter Andrews is a psychologist who has seen most everything and is very personable as you say…”

Joyce interrupts this time, “Is Dr. Michele available to see Janelle sometime today?”

“Usually it takes at least six weeks to get an appointment to see someone?”

“Well, usually doesn’t quite work in this case, nor is usually the one we want. I am sorry about being rude, but most of you keep times open for special cases and emergencies?”

“I apologize for Joyce, but I agree with her,” Mom was now in the discussion. “Would you please call her and try to get a time we can see her, today. If we need to come back before you see Janelle next week; Janelle and I will make it work.”

Holly got on her cell phone and first called Dr. Stephens office. “Okay, she’s to lunch.” Holly was calling another number, “Hello Michele this is Holly Simmons, yes. …I have a Janelle Grant here I would like to see if we can get you to see her. She’s also called Ronnie. I suspect you heard of things up in Central City. …Enough said. …No, we haven’t eaten, ...Yes, we can be right down.”

“Everyone, get your things, we are off to have lunch with Dr. Michele Stephens. If you like her I think we have our counselor.” Mom and Joyce knew the hospital and spoke as we passed the regular cafeteria. Joyce whispered, “Another prayer answered.” I wasn’t sure if she was talking about the cafeteria or Dr. Stephens.

Doctors and Staff Dining was where we entered, and Dr. Michele met us just inside the door. She got up close to me and whispered to me, “Janelle is this just your cover or who you are inside?” I smiled as I looked into her eyes, “I guess this is who I might be. I may have always been here but Ron didn’t realize it.”

“Can I give you a hug; I think I’ve just met a very neat person. Come and get some lunch so we can talk.” She was on her phone, “Macey would you call Dr. Andrews and see if we can talk around 5:30.”

We were all getting salads but Holly encouraged us to choose shrimp, spicy chicken or the seasoned beef on top. We each took something different, but instead of shrimp Mom got the crab meat.

The discussion was very profitable, as I went back to Michele’s office for an initial visit… “So what are you doing after here Janelle?”

“We were to have manicures and pedicures but we had to cancel as it was to be earlier.”

“Were you looking forward to it?” Michele smiled when I answered, “Then that won’t do.”

When I went out to Mom and Joyce we had three appointments at Glamour Styles Salon. Mom called dad, “Fred, we’re running behind schedule and still have a lot to accomplish, so take care of Faith as we will be late getting home.”

I wasn’t expecting a full salon for a manicure and pedicure, but it kind of psyched me out and I went over to a wall of women’s different hairstyles, not realizing I was pointing like a little girl to styles I liked. Mom came over to me and looked over my shoulder. “What are your favorites, Janelle?”

Two of my choices worked with my bangs and Mom said the one with wavy curls might be easy to manage. Stacy a young woman came over to us, “I agree with your mother. You have beautiful hair and a few waves would highlight your pretty face as well.”

Mom asked if she had time to do my hair now. “Yes I had a cancellation call in so I am free for a good hour and a half; if you choose a shampoo, cut and style I could have you out in forty minutes with a lesson or two for on how you to take care of it,” she smiled.

I wasn’t expecting it, but I held my breath and looked for Mom to say yes. I was soon leaning back in Stacy’s chair having my hair shampooed and conditioned. “Janelle, are you using your sister’s shampoo and conditioner?”

With a big smile, I answered, “Yes.”

“While your coloring is similar, her hair has the body and moisture that helps to hold a good wave. “You’re a pretty young teen and you need to learn what works for you. Your hair is drier than hers, so it wants the moisture and nutrients to build the body back into it.”

She gave me three different shampoo and conditioner combos as suggestions to try. While the shampoo and conditioning felt really good, I couldn’t see a difference even as she was cutting my hair. She wet my hair slightly again to put a styling gel in it. With her styling comb, brush and a hair blower, she set the task of bringing it all together. As it came together she was telling me what she was doing and I was following her pretty well.
 
 
It wasn’t even thirty-five minutes and I was enthralled as it came together. Her last touches were my bangs and a double check on the sides of my head. Then she gave me care instructions when she knew I was happy.

I was quickly swept away by a manicurist. I thought this would be a simple choice of color, have my nails cut and then the polish. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Do you want French tips, American style or… and she named more; quarter inch, half an inch, or glued on nails; regular, gloss, super gloss, a wet or flat look.

I wanted a medium plum, wet glossy look but I took the long way to get there. The manicurist had to fix two nails that were cracked or ragged, one that appeared to be chewed on, despite my claim of innocence. Mom not only gladly paid the bill but gave both women a nice tip. On our way to shop and for several stores, Joyce teased me about my sensitive feet and toes. I had given the manicurist a hard time as my feet were very sensitive to being touched and kicked a few times. Though, by the end, I enjoyed the experience as well as the look of my feet and toes.
 

 
For the next hour of shopping, I kept my pantyhose off to make sure the nail polish hardened properly and wasn’t disfigured by my pantyhose. At one women’s store, I got a pretty college salesgirl. “I would like to get nice pair designer jeans that would ride on my hips, but I am afraid I don’t have the shape for it.”

Heather smiled, “Anyone can wear them, what you are concerned about is not each pair or style is right for everyone hips. That is the nice thing about coming in and trying on as many as you like to find the right pair for you. She knelt down and looked at me from various angles. Your hips look nice and firm which will drive some boy wild, plus I think they are beginning to fill out.

I was scared as she measured my inseam, sure she would discover I was a boy. It wasn’t a problem. I wanted to look at light blue jeans as well as a nice tan pair if she had them. She selected three pairs of each in different styles for me to try. It was fun sliding the jeans up and around my hips. There was one style for which she gave me a belt. She and I agreed it gives a pretty nice tough girl look. Joyce liked the look and Mom said she could live with it.

Heather showed me some bodysuits; I bought a pink and lacey white one with short sleeves and no legs. I couldn’t believe how generous Mom was being as I purchase three skirts and two blouses and a camisole as well as the jeans. That didn’t include the panties, bras, and pantyhose of various shades and colors. “You better watch out or you will definitely cause me to become a girl.”

Joyce hugged me and whispered in my ear, “I think it’s too late, I think you already are a girl.”

I looked to Mom who was shaking her head in agreement. I asked, “Mom and Joyce can we keep that between us for now. If I’m a girl I would like some time to adjust. I’m afraid the social services would treat me like a freak or some social experiment. If I am or am becoming a girl I would like it to be a good thing for me.”

“So you’re not in denial, just being cautious,” Joyce asked.

“I was in denial until I came today and had my boy briefs kicked in the gutter. I am very glad you got me thinking about it though. Seemingly I chose the correct store to shoplift and to get caught in.”

“Mom, if we are going out to dinner it would be nice if Dr. Grant could go to dinner with us.”

“I think it is a nice idea, but why would you want Grandma Grant to come? You know you might have to eat some humble pie?”

“Somehow I think whatever she wrote to Dr. Simmons carried a lot of weight and helped me to be seen as a normal girl needing help. I probably should be eating crow, but I’m already seeing shades of pink and more pastels than boys are used too.”

“If Grandma can come I want you to wear the nice dress that we got and a pair of 2  ½” heels,” Mom said.
“…But I don’t have a pair of heels."
"…You will by the time we go to dinner.”

Joyce interrupted us, “Mom let’s get the shoes at a department store and then we can go by the cosmetic counters and get her a makeover. She needs more of her own makeup anyway.” Mom and Joyce are not Mother and Daughter; they are really the police teaming up on me.

The sad thing and I can’t say it to them; someday my world will come crashing in and I will be alone. Good, my phone is ringing to bring me back to reality. It’s Paul, “Hello Paul, what do you want?”

“Mom, Paul wants to know if he can take me out Friday night, and Saturday night with Joyce and Rick.”

Joyce is surprised and speaks up, “Rick hasn’t even asked me yet, and we can’t go out on Friday as I have an away game.”

I looked to Mom, “Friday night it would just be Paul and me and Saturday night would be with my sister if she is asked. Paul said there is a dance at the school Friday night. I need to practice dancing if I’m going to the Prom.”

“You should be proud of her Joyce; she is very good at asking for things.”

Joy smiled, “Sharing the room with me, is I’m rubbing off on her.” It was true enough; it wasn’t Ronnie trying to manipulate things, but Joyce’s schmooze talk. Mom was off the phone, “Grandma said she would meet us at Gallegos in Stonecroft. Now we’re going to get some heels.”

I was hoping I would get the saleswoman but Joyce made a point of asking a young salesman, Tim. I had chosen two shoes to try. Tim took off my right shoe and I was not ready for him to be holding my foot. My leg jumped and luckily Tim wasn’t kicked. Luckily he did get an eyeful of mm under my skirt. Unfortunately, instead of being embarrassed or upset, I held out my foot wanting him to touch it again. He had me stand and measured my feet and went to get the needed shoes.

I quickly ran to the ladies room realizing I did not have on my pantyhose. He was patient and I was back quickly. Being ready, made the experience of him slipping on the shoes actually enjoyable. I selected a mauve pink shoe with open toes and a three-inch heel. This style did not come with a 2  ½” heel. Tim warned me that it would be good if I didn’t wear it much over two hours initially.
 

 
We were making our way out of Macy’s back to the rest of the mall when Joyce paused in the cosmetic department and shared with a salesperson, I was a tomboy convert who needed a makeover. The salesperson called over a cosmetician who was happy to help me. “Please relax and don’t be surprised that others might stop to watch.” I didn’t expect that to happen but did say it would be okay.

She used a couple of cloths to cleanse my face and had quickly used a concealer and then a foundation, neither very visible. “Are you going to stop anywhere before you go home,” she asked?

I shared, “We’re to stop and eat at Gallegos on our way home.”

“Then we want to make you up for the evening which is a bit more colorful and bold than the day or going to school.” She continued to work, as Mom’s smartphone rang and she walked away talking to someone. I was thankful Joyce was here for me.

With a pretty spring dress, the cosmetician showed me how to blend the makeup and make it work with so much skin showing. The makeup was not heavy but gave a good color to my eyes, cheeks, and lips. She used a plum color on my lips that were two shades darker, a nice change from the one I wore while shopping.

She shaped my eyebrows and brought out my eyelashes to help my eyes stand out. As she was finishing, Mom came back she was smiling but I wasn’t sure she was happy. Joyce asked and, “Things are fine, we’ll visit more at home.”

The atmosphere was kind of quiet yet happy for me. By the time we made it to the car, we were looking forward to seeing Grandma and having a nice dinner out to cap the day. We arrived at Gallegos at 6:45 in time for meeting Grandma Grant.

We had a corner table that allowed us some privacy to talk freely. Mom led updating Grandma with the hospital visit and Joy and I shared about shopping. “So young lady, you look like you are more comfortable being yourself. I thought you might think it a step down to be a girl?”

“Grandma, I deserve that, but I know you are just teasing me. I don’t know what you said or wrote to Dr. Simmons but I thank you, it was very helpful in her seeing me as a girl. Do you agree it is a good move to block the testosterone? She thinks I need the experience of seeing and thinking of myself as a girl.”

“Somewhere I just felt my denial slip away and feeling more comfortable about really being Janelle.” The waitress heard some about me being a girl.

“I’m sorry for overhearing, but I can’t see how someone would question you being anything, but all girl! You look very good tonight.” I calmly thanked her.

Joyce spoke up, “She’s just been through a lot and most people don’t understand how much there is to be a woman.”

“That is very true, but you have an excellent person to emulate in Dr. Grant.” Three of us readily agreed.

Grandma, “I insist all of you order a good meal. I haven’t had a good meal in the past two days, and I don’t want to be alone in doing so or rushed because you’re eating like a bird.” So I found myself ordering a cup of soup, a small dinner salad and beef stir-fry on a bed of wild rice.

“Grandma what do you think about her going to dance alone on Friday night,” Joyce asked?

“Well it seems you might be a little upset with that, unfortunately, the eldest breaks the ice and younger sisters get the benefit. You are smart enough to realize it will be a good experience for her before the prom.”

I smiled as I enjoyed hearing Grandma’s support. “I think she needs to learn about turning a boy on and handling what that can mean.”

“Grandma,” looking around to be sure no one extra was listening, “I have no intention of turning another boy on.”

“Whether you intend it or not that could be debated, but I have no trouble thinking the boy will be however it happens. Nor do I have any trouble thinking you are getting more excited about being a young woman.”

The soups arrived and I pause to watch the others, so I did not rush through eating. When I reached for salt right away Mom, “Janelle, you should taste your soup first and then if needed to season it to taste.” I tried the soup, learning my tastes had matured.

As we were finishing the main course, Joyce asked, “Grandma do you want to get dessert?”

“Yes, I love their pies and I never make them just for me.”

Joyce turned to me, “How about you and I splitting a piece of pecan pie?”
 
 
After dessert was ordered, I mentioned needing to use the lady’s room and Grandma came with Joyce and me. I think she was amused as I had no hesitation of going into the women’s room. Upon leaving the women’s room Grandma complimented, “You both do quite well in checking and fixing your makeup and hair.” We both acknowledged the compliment with thanks.

Just as we sat back down the desserts came. Instead of us saying good-bye to Grandma there, Joyce rode with Grandma to her house and we followed along. “Mom, can you tell me if that phone call was about me,” I asked?

“It concerns us as a family dear, so we’ll talk when we are home. Don’t be afraid you are not in trouble?” ‘When someone tells me not to be scared I usually find out there is a good reason to be scared.’
 
 
It only took fifteen minutes to get to Grandma’s and after saying goodnight and thanking her as she shared the cost of the meals. It was still only nine twenty-five when we got home. Mom asked us all to the living room as the doorbell rang and Mom went to answer it.

It was Officer Teresa Roberts and I guess correctly it was all about the phone call. “Well, the phone call was from Mrs. Hammer, Ronnie’s mother. She wouldn’t tell me where she is but said she would be picking up Ronnie tomorrow after he is home from school.”

“Officer Teresa and I think it is likely she will try to pick you up at school or as you get out of school. We also think it would be a big mistake for you to go with her.”

Officer Teresa spoke, “We will have police in the school area and hope to speak to her before that happens. But we believe they are now driving a stolen car and were able to cash a check for five hundred dollars more than was in their account. So, there are these and prior felonies for which they can be arrested.”

“Janelle, we need you to have your phone set to speed dial so you can let us know when she makes contact with you.” She must have seen the expression on my face as she asked, “Janelle can we trust you to do that?”

I didn’t plan to go with my mother or dad but neither did I want to be responsible for their arrest. “Janelle, it would be better for them if we got them than those they owe the big money to. We want your help and if you go with them you too could be charged as being part of their crimes.”

“Janelle, are you planning to go with them,” Hannah asked?

“No, and if they try to force me I will tell them I have already called the police. I will call you if they do force me to go.” I asked, “Mom did my mother say if I should go to school as Ron?”

“She said you should, but they will change your appearance; so you won’t be so girly. She said your dad is still upset about how you look.”

Teresa hugged me, it felt genuine but I was skeptical. “Janelle, I know it is a hard position to be in, and our first concern is your safety. If you want you could just stay home and we can protect you here?” I wanted to go to school because Lacy would be asking about my appointment and shopping.
 
Before Officer Teresa left she placed a charm bracelet on my left wrist, from which they could track me if I was taken. The only way it would come off was with a special device or by being cut. I agreed to wear it as she put it on me.

“Officer Roberts, are my Grant family going to have protection?”

“We think they will be safe.”

“My Dad shot a Mr. De Rosa once when I was smaller.”

“Do you remember how old you were when you think your father shot him?”

“I think I was in third grade; it could have been in fourth though. It was around that time I stopped going to the doctors.” Mom and Dad Grant talked with Teresa and then she left. Faith didn’t know what to think, she just went to bed. Joy and I were apprehensive with a mix of excitement and fear.
 
 
I was taking a shower to get ready for bed when I began to cry for no reason. Joyce must have heard me and called Mom. When I got out of the shower and started to dry myself, Mom called in, “Janelle, what are you crying about?”

“Mrs. Grant, I don’t know; I just started to cry for no reason… And… and I… and I know it but, I keep crying like I am really sad.” I wrapped the towel around me and went out to see her. “I’m sorry Ms. Grant, I know I should be more mature, but I feel like a scared little girl.” I was now hiding my face in her arms. She led me over to my bed and we sat down together.

“How come you started calling Mom, Mrs. Grant,” Joyce commented to me?

“I didn’t, but I probably should, I don’t deserve her. I don’t want to lose you, but you will probably be glad when I’m out of here.” I turned and buried my head into my pillow and cried some more.

Joyce leaned down next to my pillow and Mom leaned over and her head was touching my shoulder. “Janelle, Mom and I are here for you. Speak to us, tell us what scares you. My Mom is here for you, she loves you.”

“That’s because she’s nice but I’m a… a freak and my mother and dad aren’t good. I… I… O Joyce, I’m afraid.” Joyce pulls me into her arms and I’m on the floor with her and Mom slides down next to me. I can tell Joyce is beginning to cry with me.

I look up and kinda smile laughing at her, but go back to crying. Mom is stroking my hair, and then her hand is on my back, and then back stroking my hair. I didn’t know how much time passed or much of what they said. I knew they were there; it felt good but I was afraid it would change.

I could taste the salty tears reaching my lips, my nose had the sniffles and I was still struggling to say more than three words. But I was now calm again thanks to them.

Dad came into the room, “You know Janelle if you want I could dress up like an old fuddy-duddy teacher and if your parents came I could haul off and hit them with one of Mom’s purses.”

I tried to get up but started to trip and Dad caught me up in his arms as I tried to hit him for teasing. I hadn’t realized how strong he was; I felt like a little girl being protected by him and it felt really nice. “Aw thanks, Daddy, I know you are trying to be nice.”

Mom and Joyce were now standing up as Dad set me on my feet. There was a group hug and somehow I was in the middle. Dad spoke, “Hannah why don’t you say a little prayer for tonight and tomorrow. I think this girl needs to know she’s not alone.” Mom and Dad aren’t church people. Mom’s prayer was down to earth and as Dad said, I knew I wasn’t alone.

It was then I noticed my towel was not tightly around me as Dad excused himself. Mom gave me my short robe and then started to brush out my hair. “You are going to need to wash off those salty tears from your face and then finish getting ready for bed. Come to the kitchen when you are done and I will help to get your hair ready for bed.”

“In light of more important things, it might not mean much but through all of this you still look quite cute,” Mom said. I hugged Mom because it was nice to hear. I had thought I must look a fright.

“You know Jan with your gaff if Dad saw anything it was his second daughter.” I dressed in my cotton teddy pajamas and picked up Prissy as I went to Mom in the kitchen. Mom had a cup of chamomile tea that I sipped as she put my hair in big curls and pinned them. I know having one’s hair in pins and curlers is not pretty, but as different as it was it helped me to feel like the girl I wanted to be.
 

 
 
It was midnight as I got back to the room and Joyce was in her bed with the top sheet and blanket opened for me. “Turn out the light and get in here with your older sister. I shut the light off, scooted to her bed and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I laid down with my back to her hoping her arms would snuggle around me. She cuddled me and I was soon asleep.

I awoke first and now I was facing Joyce and our legs were intertwined but I was sure nothing happened. I gave Joyce a light kiss on the cheek and started to get up. Joyce took hold of me and pulled me back. “Sis, remember you are very important to us and our love is not going away. Now pull me up we’ll get started the day together.” She called me 'lil sis', I felt proud.

I picked out a white skirt so I asked, “Joy is my yellow panties okay with this?” She smiled, “Yes it is just red or bright panties or something like red hearts that you wouldn’t want to be wearing. What are you going to wear with it?” When I told her, she told me, “I have a nice flower print blouse you could wear if you want.”

“Won’t I be too big?” “…No, it is big on me, and it will hug you and show off your shape.” She showed me the blouse and it was really cute and would go well with the skirt.

I went back to the closet as I thought my red flats would go well with the outfit. “You know Jan, your yellow shoes would look good with your outfit and the 2” heel will give your legs better shape.” She was right again and I changed them. Funny, how a girl doesn’t worry about changing if she looks better. Actually, I am spending more time checking how I look and be it my hair, makeup or clothes enjoy changing just to see how I look.

Lace and her Mom were picking me up today, so getting ready quickly wasn’t a big hurry, but it gave me time to sit and visit with Mom. I looked down as I sat and the skirt was halfway up my legs, which I didn’t mind but I needed to remember to keep my legs together.

“You are doing very well Janelle, bring a girl is becoming more natural to you,” Mom. She showed me how to lengthen the strap on my purse so I could put it over my shoulder. “We have some berries that you could eat with cereal or yogurt if you want, but you need to wait as I haven’t prepared them yet.”

“Thanks, Mom,” I got up and found the strawberries and some blueberries. The blueberries just needed to be rinsed and the strawberries rinsed, cut off the green top and sliced or cut as they were pretty big. Preparing food, making sandwiches and stuff were things I learned before, but now as Janelle, I kind of enjoyed doing it more. Mom pulled me back, not to stop me but to put an apron on and remind me to wash my hands before and after.
 
 
I was better as Janelle but when I was finished the apron still caught a few things that would have been bad news for my skirt and blouse.

Faith came into the kitchen and she was wearing a very nice outfit. But it looked like she threw it on and didn’t worry about putting herself together. “Faith, you have a pretty outfit on but I’m afraid it doesn’t look so pretty. What is your problem today?”

“I’m having my second period today and I look how I feel.” At first, I thought she meant her second class period but figured it out with a hint she gave me.

“Do you mind if I help you a bit?” She looked for her Mom but she wasn’t there. She handed me her brush. I put it down and began with her clothes. I buttoned the top of her blouse but her blouse was partly in and out of her skirt. “I think your blouse would look cute out, what do you think?” She looked down as she was disgusted with herself. I let her pull it out but I smoothed it how as well as her skirt. I brushed and shape her hair back into place.

“Faith where is your makeup,” I asked, surprised she wasn’t wearing any?

“Mom told me I’m too young for makeup at school; she said I don’t need it.”

“She is right you don’t need it but I think with your period you are grown up enough and today is a good day to use a little.” Joyce had come into the room and her skin was more like Faith’s. “Joy could you help Faith with a little makeup?”

“Hey ‘Sprout’; I guess I shouldn’t say ‘sprout’. It’s nice to have you in the ranks of being a woman.”

“If you can undo how I feel, I don’t need to be a woman.” But as the makeup went on and she looked into a mirror her spirit rose. “Thank you two, I just hope Mom won’t be upset.”

Mom was entering the room, “Upset about what?” Faith turned to her and she noticed the change and realized what was happening to Faith. “Well Honey, I am not at all upset. That is a good use of makeup. If you want after school you and I can do some shopping therapy.” Faith’s smile was now full and bright.

“Mom, Janelle was the one who helped me and then Joy.” Hannah looked over and smiled saying thanks.

Dad was impressed as he sat down for breakfast with his harem, as Mom called us, we're having a good time around the breakfast table. It was a while later Lace knocked at the door and her mom was with her. Mom had called and told them both to stop in.

Mom explained what was going on and I’m not sure Lace’s mother knew or understood I was Ronnie. “The news only mentions Ronnie, they don’t mention the daughter.” Mom explained about my parents and suggested that Violet Strong come back to the house after she drops off Lace and me.
 
 
Lace shared with me as we walked into school, “I told my Mom once who you are, but I knew she either didn’t listen or didn’t understand.” When we got to my locker Paul was there and without any warning, he gave me a big kiss. I was a bit embarrassed but liked the kiss felt nice.

I heard Lace say, “NPDA Paul, especially if I can’t.” Paul looked at her with a blank expression. “No Public Displays of Affection are allowed at school. I don’t care how long you’ve waited to have a squeeze.”

“Lace can I walk you home from school, I mean Janelle can I walk you home from school?”

I decided to give Paul grief to miss speaking. “So make up your mind are you asking me or Lace?” “...If you’re sure the answer is No, but you can walk me to Mom’s store if I’m still here.”

“What you mean still here, we have a date on Friday and the Prom next week?”

“Cool it, I’m going with you. It is just someone might try to pick me up after school.”

I didn’t explain to Paul, but I wasn’t upset that he might be looking for me after school. But it was just before lunch my Aunt Marge stopped me and told me to go with her. I played dumb, “I’m supposed to wait for my Mom?”

“She’s over there but please don’t draw attention to her.” I turned and Mom was about twelve feet away. I ran to her and gave her a hug.

“Mom, I can’t go with you like this dad will kill me,” I said.

“He’ll slap you silly sometime; you deserve it for being so girly. But your dad understands for now it might help us.”

“I don’t want to go!” Aunt Marge and Mom both took a hold of me and were pulling me. I couldn’t reach my phone…
 
End Part VI
 

 

 
To Be Continued...
 
 

Please share a comment, or acknowledge if you enjoyed the story. You are welcome to write directly to the writer as well. I respond to most of the compliments and letters to me the author. ~Jessica
up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Right Store

Wrong Mom, should have called right away instead of running to someone that abandoned them. I know next to impossible not to hope for love from your mom

Great Chapter

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Wrong Mom...

for sure,and Janelle thought she had what she thought was a good idea. But as you said, she had to reach for her mother's love.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

OMG! that's not good. .......

I certainly hope someone was smart enough to Keep an eye on Janelle. Her birth parents are scary bad. Keep'em comin' Jess! (Hugs) Taarpa

OM, it's not good...

...if Janelle is the Lone Ranger, Does someone have her back? Life is not all sugar and cream. Sometimes we need help to break bad cycles. What does chapter 7 have to hold?

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Wind blown door

Jamie Lee's picture

The Janelle crack within Ronnie has allowed the wind to blow that door wide open. As Ronnie has finally realized, and admitted, he wants to be Janelle. What she once said is so true, that the wrong store unintentionally was the right store.

The sunshine then Jasmint brought to Jenny, the sunshine Janelle brought to Faith on the day her period started, are about to be wiped out by parents running from not only the law, but people they owe big money to.

The police know Ronnie's birth mom is picking him/her up after school, so it seems unlikely they wouldn't have someone there to take her into custody when she shows up. Unless, the bracelet given to Janelle will be used to follow them to arrest all of the his family. And that includes Aunt Marge for aiding in hiding the family and forcibly removing Ronnie from school without permission.

Hopefully the police will find Janelle before her birth dad can beat the hell out of her for being who she is.

Others have feelings too.