Dave's Tiny Rouge Adventure

Printer-friendly version

Dave’s Tiny Rouge Adventure

Author’s note: Any similarity between this story and a certain British sci-fi comedy show is totally on purpose, but dont tell anybody, maybe they wont notice.

“They’re all dead, Dave.”

That was the just about the first thing I heard coming out of temporal stasis.

The whole crew, except me.

All dead.

For a couple of weeks after I wandered around the ship shuffling like a zombie, I had no place to go, nothing to do, and all the rest of my life to do it, but I would be doing it alone.

Then one day things changed.

I was going through the shopping center (I know, why does a mining ship even HAVE a shopping center? I guess when the crew was expected to be away from home for five or more years at a time, it makes sense to bring as many of the comforts of home with you as you can.), when I found myself fingering the material of a pretty dress.

And the idea came into my head to put it on.

For a while, I felt like two people arguing over this, with one saying “Are you nuts? You want to wear girl’s clothes? And you’ll look ridiculous!” and the other side saying “What’s the harm. Its not like anybody will see us, or know about it.”

Finally, I went to a change room, got out of my clothes, and put on the dress. Realizing I needed some approximation of a woman’s shape, I stepped back out, and got a bra and panty set, and stuffed the bra before putting the dress back on.

“Well, now what?” I thought.

I went and found a pair of woman’s flat shoes, and decided I would pretend like I was a female member of the crew on a day off, and do what I would think she would do. I went and watched a movie in the movie theater, and then had lunch in the food court, and finally, went back to my quarters to think about my day.

I struggled for a bit, and finally admitted to myself that I had enjoyed my day, that in fact I couldn’t remember the last time I had been so relaxed without needing crippling levels of alcohol.

Then I took a look at my life up to that point, and realized that for all the time I had spent being a man, I had in fact been playing the part of a man, rather than being one. I had taken “manliness” to an extreme - living on lauger and spicy Indian food, going out of my way to be as rowdy and messy as I could manage, all as if it was a role I felt I had to succeed at, or something horrible would happen to me.

But now, with no one to judge me, I could let that persona go, and see who I was when I wasn’t trying to fake it.

So I went back to the mall, and stocked up on feminine items, moved into a spare cabin next door to my old one, and lived as a girl.

After a week of this, the ship’s computer had a surprise for me.

A hologram of one of the crew, my old girlfriend Krissy.

Needless to say, she was rather shocked at my current appearance.

But she promised to withhold judgement for a while, and just watch me go through my new routine. And after a week, she said, “All right. Its clear you are a much better person as a woman . I’ll help you anyway I can. But first, you need a female name.”

I was stumped, so we finally asked the computer to randomly generate a female name for me.

“Keira Anne?” I said, reading the result.

“It will do.” Krissy said.

I shrugged, and said, “I guess.”

“So let me give you your official christening. Welcome to the world, Keira Anne.”

And that was the start of my adventure.

up
127 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

munches on popcorn

Well? where is the rest of the story?

brings out salad spell

Getting writing on part 2 or I'll change all your food into salads!

yay

more more more!!!!!! pleases with cheeses :)

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

giggle

at least our new girl would get some tips on style ...

DogSig.png

You realise what you've

You realise what you've started, don't you?

Ted! Ted!

What is it now, Dougal?

It's Father Jack!

He's not dead again, is he?

It's worse than that. He asked me if I'd like a nice cup o' tea.

Did he now? I bet Mrs Doyle had something to say about that.

You're right there, Ted. 'Feck off!' And 'drink!' and 'girls!' and 'arse!'

Hmmm...I think we'd better call Dr Sinnott. It was bad enough when Jack swapped with that night-club owner when he was in America all those years ago.

It was very bad, Ted. What was his name again?

I can't remember...but I'm sure the town was called Dallas.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

giggles, Nicki

you should write that one ....

DogSig.png

You asked for it...

You asked for it...

Ban nothing. Question everything.

Good start

A real good start to what could become a classic if you so desire
HUGS

me, write a classic?

I have more fun writing these little snapshots for you guys ....

Hugs and purrs from your little Kitten, Papa.

DogSig.png

BTW

btw ,do I need to ground you two??