Puppets 2 - the strings are cut

Printer-friendly version

Puppets 2 - The Strings are Cut

I stood in the smoking remains of a building, wondering what happens next.

It was two and a half years ago that I had first been taken to this place, which had served as the headquarters of a group called Real Power after they had learned about my gift for controlling the minds and bodies of others.

They placed a device in my brain to bend me to their will, and then sent me out as their agent, moving among the rich and powerful and forcing them to obey Real Power.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty ironic too. The one who could turn others into puppets was in fact a puppet as well.

For two and a half years, I had been forced to use my gift to intimidate people, doing such acts of horror that I shudder to remember them, unable to even apologize for the things I was doing.

So I stood amid the ruins, wondering what had happened here. Had some victim retalited? Was it some internal lethal power struggle? I had no idea, but as I wondered I carefully felt around in my mind, seeing if I could once more make my own choices.

Soon, I was convinced that whatever had happened, I was free. For the first time in two and a half years I didnt have a puppetmaster telling me what to do.

I should have felt relief at that, but instead I felt an odd sense of loss, and I stood there frozen for some time, unable to even conceive of what it meant to be able to make choices.

Finally, I made a decision, the first decision I had been able to make for myself since this nightmare began.

I had caused horrible pain, been a tool for humiliation and grief for the last two and a half years, and I had a lot of victims out there - men, women, even children.

And now, maybe I could do something for them.

I could offer them help, hope, healing.

It might take me the rest of my life to do this, to be an instrument for good, but it wasnt like I had anything better to do with myself.

Because my strings had been cut, at last, I could do this.

Because I am no longer just a puppet.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow

Wow

So good you've earned my two

So good you've earned my two favourite memories of 1971, Sonia Kristina's voice and Francis Monkman's mellotron.

http://youtu.be/VN4a4cK_tuA

Puppets are painting their toes
Making the most out of tea and toast
Puppets are simple to find
Strung up or glove or the kind you wind

See the marionettes making puppet plans
See he's pulling the strings
See the puppet dance

Plastic and paper and paint
Puppets are pretty, they dress so quaint

Puppets who care carry on
Dancing the dance that they danced too long

See the marionettes making puppet plans
See he's pulling the strings
See the puppet dance

Puppets with pride in their eyes
Practise the dance till it's time to start
Puppets, it's time to begin
Daylight is coming, the lights grow dim

See the marionettes making puppet plans
See he's pulling the strings
See the puppet dance

Ban nothing. Question everything.

thanks, Nicki!

cool song!

DogSig.png

Great Story

Actually a really deep &great story,my child,you knocked my socks off,sure am glad they are much lower than my britches.

giggles, Papa

nope, no britches being knocked off. (Giggles like a silly little girl)

DogSig.png

I Get It!

The first chapter was allegorical, but basically true.

The second chapter is fantasy to sooth your conscience from the horror of revealing the first chapter.

I'm impressed that you understand this and don't live in the US, London, Paris or even Toronto or Ottawa. You must get good info on line. I hope you don't have to flee to Moscow!

Please, keep up the good work, Agent Dorothy.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

the second chapter was as true as the first

in a lot of ways, it was based on my feelings right after my rapes ended. I had a sense of "what now? How do I make choices after so long of being a puppet?"

Glad you liked it, Renee

DogSig.png