Shimmer

Printer-friendly version

Shimmer

Just a little slice of life from my teen years. Enjoy!

The package of nylons says that they are “nude”, but looking at them on my legs, I would say they’re something else.

A color I would call “Shimmer.”

I wiggle my toes for a moment, and then go hunting for the rest of my outfit for the next two days.

Two whole days without parents, by myself, so I can dress as I wish.

Be who I wish.

I slip into my mother’s room, put on her bathing suit.

I like it, because it gives me the illusion of having breasts.

And as I will never have real ones, an illusion is all I have ...

Once in the suit, I walk across to the neighbor’s house.

Like my folks, she is gone for the weekend, and gave me a key so I could feed her cat for her.

I feel bad for using that privilege to borrow one of her skirts, but this need in me can't be held back.

Once I add the skirt to what I’m wearing, I go back home and dig out a pair of mules my mom has seemed to have forgotten she owns, I add a bit of lipstick to my lips, a drop of perfume behind my ears, and I feel like I’m as close to being a girl as I can manage.

Unlike the guys in the crossdressing mags I’ve read, I dont masterbate.

I just .... breathe.

I watch TV, I make and eat food, I dont do anything special, honestly.

And the day passes.

I curl up on my mother’s bed to sleep, surrounded by the pink sheets, pink pillowcases, pink blankets, and pink curtains.

My mom has a thing for pink.

And because I’m her daughter (even if she thinks I’m her son), so do I.

I wake, have a bite of breakfast, go across to check on the cat, and come back to relax.

I play quiet games in my room, watch more tv.

Once in a while I look down at myself, see my legs encased in the shimmer, and I smile a smile I dont have when I’m a boy.

Finally, reluctantly, I realize that the time is running out, so I go back over to my neighbors and return her skirt, and then come home to take off the mules and bathing suit and put them back where I found them.

Then I go to my room and sadly take off the shimmery nylons, and hide them in my dresser before finding some pants, a shirt, and some socks so I look presentable when my parents return.

I had forgotten how ... heavy these clothes make me feel ...

I shuffle through a clean-up of the house, and then retire to my bedroom to read quietly until my parents come home.

And that night, I dream of a life where I can be the girl I know myself to be ....

Not knowing that the dream will actually come true, many years from now ....

End

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some of us did...

Andrea Lena's picture

...but never smiled.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

hugs, Drea

I got luckier than I have any right to be in that the smile I smiled then I get to smile now, only much more often ...

Huggles, and thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Did you remember

Extravagance's picture

to feed the cat?

Catfolk Pride.PNG

of course I fed the kitty

I was a good .... person ....

hugs and scratches behind the ears

DogSig.png

Very nice

Have you considered collecting all your autobiographical pieces? They've all got a very nice flow, a yearning for a dream, that makes them fit together. Just a suggestion, and in any event I'm enjoying reading them. Thanks,

titania.jpg

Titania

Lord, what fools these mortals be!