The Care and Feeding of Huggles

Printer-friendly version

The care and feeding of huggles.

As a writer, I love words, language. And one of the things I love best about the English language is its flexibility, its ability to absorb new words.

Well, I have a new word for you all, and I rather hope it catches on.

Ladies and gentlemen, and those inbetween, may I introduce to you, the huggle.

Yes, I know that the word has several definitions according to the Urban dictionary, but I have a completely new one to share with you.

Meet ... a huggle.

Huggles are very odd critters, because their whole reason to be is to hug.

They take psychic energy produced in hugs as their main source of food.

Huggles come in many sizes from microscopic to as big as a skyscraper. They can alter both their shape and size as needed to arrive at their destination in time to deliver a hug.

Huggles are virtually indestructible, and are very single-minded. If they are sent to give you a hug, a hug is what you are gonna get ...

Despite these traits, huggles dont live very long when not hugging, and they also usually disperse if they fulfill a specific hugging mission if it was challenging enough.

Nobody is really sure just how many huggles there are in existence, but there is at least one huggle factory that is producing huggles night and day - and that’s me.

So if I send you a huggle, please be kind to it, and let it do its job. Otherwise, I will just have to send you lots more ...

HUGGLES for everybody !

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If you run out,

Extravagance's picture

you can have some extra from me. ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

aww, thanks, Extravagance

(sends a fleet of huggles for you to play with ...)

DogSig.png

awww

Huggles sound like just the thing to receive when you are feeling down...

:)
Xx
Amy

huggles are wonderful, yes

I highly recommend them to my friends when they are down.

thanks for commenting, Amy

DogSig.png

I Remember

littlerocksilver's picture

... the Huggle Bug stories from a number of years ago. Some of them were quite enjoyable.

Portia

huggle bugs?

giggles. I will have to look for those stories.

Thanks for commenting, Portia

DogSig.png

Huggles To You

There are nights - chilly nights here on England's north-east coast - when the duvet that's not quite wide enough to cover the bed nevertheless provides these numinous entities. Now I know where they're from. Huggles to you, my dear, and may they never cease to warm our boreal latitudes.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

thanks, Nicki

I'll send some very furry huggles to you to help keep you warm.

DogSig.png

50 pricess

Points for you Dear Dorthey

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

yay for 50 princess points!

I wonder if I can redeem my princess points for something?

Giggles.

and just for sending me the points, let me send you 50 huggles in exchange ...

DogSig.png

and to you...

((((HUGGLES)))

yay for Huggles !

no such thing as enough huggles, in my opinion.

Thanks, Sabhaois

DogSig.png

Without a doubt only from you

Without a doubt only from you could these little critters called huggles come from. Big warm Huggles from me to you

Hmmm, Huggle Monster you say?

I don't think so missy! You could never be ANY kind of monster! I say your a "Huggle Mother"! (LOL). Snuggly Huggles right back atcha sweetie, Popcorn Lady

huggle mother?

sure, like the alien queen in "Alien" ...

hugs, popcorn lady.

DogSig.png