My Super Secret Life...Scarlet-17.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-17.

Chapter 17

*Before…

He gets up and pulls a knife and comes at me and I switch my bolt to a ball of shield and think rubber and fire whacking him between the eyes with a “rubber” energy bullet laying him cold.

I lower the shields and say to the people here. “Every please just remain calm the police will be here to arrest this man and to take your statements.
The squad van isn’t too far behind either.

That’s something that we’ve got here that home you’d never see and that’s the police have an entire force of guys that all they do is come and take and transport the perps and log in the arresting officers badges and all the reports and stuff is filed at the end of their shifts and the actual officers on patrol go back on patrol instead of having to run in the crooks.
I just get my badge scanned in and leave them to it when I get another call of officer down.

I give the guys a nod and they just point go and I blast off into the night sky.

*And Now…

Officer down…

My stomach does a tightening especially since I had just spent time in The Ark building and that combined with the stuff I have been doing really takes officers out of that whole faceless police thing and into people I’ve met and might have worked with and because of some nasty and dangerous situation I might never see again or get to meet.

I call in. “Scarlet Angel logging into the back up request for officer down.”

“Granted, granted! Multiple officers down heavy scramble use extreme caution you’re entering a Meta classed situation!”

“Scarlet Angel read and clear.”

I bring everything up on my HUD power on the surface of my shield and bank off towards the co-ordinates that are in my system.

And I can see flames everywhere…there’s two of them and there’s what looks like a heavy black car that’s flipped over and it’s scorched but not on fire and there’s one really big black girl hammering away at the car and the windows denting it and spider webbing it and there’s another with flaming hair and she’s hitting the police that are there with these flamethrower like bursts. Serious fire power too and I’m not trying to be punny or anything she’s sending streams of thick flame three hundred feet easily. I hear gunfire coming from the black car and the black girl steps back and she screams something at the people inside and she picks the car up with a scream and slams it to the ground.

Okay strong, really strong because the sound the car made was off in that really heavy way like it’s seriously armored.

Courier maybe?

I circle and I’m kind of obvious since I’m glowing and that’s fine if they’re looking at me then they’re not looking at the officers that are down.

One officer looks crumpled and there’s a huge chunk of concrete beside him…I see blood. There’s two more behind one cruiser that’s burned or their suits are badly burned and one’s slumped over there’s two other police cars there and they’re scorched and the officers are hiding behind them for cover and little miss hot pants is flaming at them until I make my circle and I fire off a salvo of bolts at her.

She jumps out of the way her feet lighting up in this little thruster bunny hot and she bounces.

Like her chest bounces.

She’s…

She’s in this sort of bikini thing with knee high boots and long gloves and the bikini top has this sort of flared collar thing I guess to look all super villainy and stuff.

And that’s pretty much it…

Again no puniness but she’s smoking hot looking in that whole Meta powered better than the average super model body and so is her “friend”. The big black amazon one is wearing this racer back one piece tank suit and long gloves and boots like her flamey friend.

I fire off some pot shots at her too.

They hit and splat sizzle on her skin and singe her costume a little and she spins on me and snags a football sized chunk of concrete from this mess at her feet and she throws it at me.

I do a side roll out of the way and suddenly it’s hot!

Really hot!
I see the thermometer or something like it on my display rising fast and I can swear I can smell my costume cooking from behind my shielding.

“Yikes, shit!” And there’s fire in my face and I can’t see and Whammo!

Lamp post.

And then I go tumbling down to the ground with a slam onto the concrete. “Ooof!”

I hear. “So zif ees the Scarlet An-gel, you are not what the media say that you is not in the presence of might Volcania!”

German? French? I don’t know hot pants sounds like made up euro-trash.

“And Obsidia!” I hear the other one yelling and I look to her and she isn’t where she was?

I figure out she super jumped as soon as she lands on top of me and she smashes me with a double axe handled styled hit into the ground.

My shield does a crackle flicker at the strain.

Oh I’m in shit.

She…Obsidia sits on me and she starts to slug away at me bashing me really good, she’s really strong and my shield’s getting weaker by the blow.

“Zat’s eeet take ze bitch out.” Hot pants sneers and she does a boot thruster hop and bounce again and she starts flaming at the police again. “Ha! I seez you try to move pigglies!”

I don’t like her.

And cue my head bouncing off the ground and energy shield or not it’s like not stopping my brain from its momentum on hitting the back of my skull.

Owww…I’m seeing spots.

I fire some shots into her point blank and they just seen to piss her off and I need to do something.

Another hit and I see stars.

Bit my effing tongue some too.

My brains trying to think of something to counter her and all the tactical stuff isn’t really applying here and the day’s training isn’t either…she’s bigger than me and stronger than me and she’s at least partially resistant or maybe even immune to my energy shots.

Weakness, weakness…?

Ohmigawd…

It’s so dirty pool but…

I slip my thumbs into her bottom part of her suit and I charge the energy up in my hands and I sizzle though the lycra-like fabric down and down cutting right across her crotch taking the bottom out as well as her underwear.

Snip.

And it being stretched pretty tight with her big body and tremendous boobs it does that thing where an elastic gets cut and it shoots free and up Obsidia’s body becoming a tattered sort of sports bra.

She screams and she stops hitting me with both of her hands covering her bare crotch and with a free hand I shove it up to her mouth and use my shield to make another construct like before and there’s a muffled scream and she fish flops off of me with a force energy ball-gag in her mouth.

I get up and grab her costume by the back of it and…snip I burn through it too. She’s freaking even more and clawing at her moth to get the ball-gag out and desperately to cover her nakedness.

I know it’s cruel and likely demeaning and as a woman part of me feels really badly for her but at the same time she wore this bathing suit into a job and combat I mean come on!

You don’t see women police or soldiers doing that.

Volcania spins to see what’s going on and I hit full speed flight coming at her and she screams at me. “You slattern!”

“What?”

She gets her arms up and double stream flames me and I drop but still fly doing this baseball kind of slide at her and she does her booster thrust bunny hop bounce out of my way and I look up to track her and I open fire.

She does this roller skating thing like pushing off with each foot back and forth evading my energy blasts and I pull a bit of flight trickery and spin myself around on the ground and up. It kind of looks like I’m breakdancing to my feet and I fire another salvo at her this time with both hands and trying to focus on the moving targets and stuff on the range.

She zigs and she zags and I miss again and she opens up with this two handed flame shot but it’s swirling together and it gets all tightened up and maybe two or three inches wide and I roll out of the way of it and it burns or melts a slash in the concrete of where I was.

That’s a lot hotter. “Yikes!”

Volcania laughs like some demented euro-trash socialite.

Oh yes even now we still have them because we have the SSB (Soviet Space) and most of the wealthy nations in Europe have their own colonies as well and the EUSS (Euro-Union Space Sector.) so yeah we have Euro trash all over…not that I’m prejudiced but when she’s acting like it and can’t get her accent right…Nuff said.

I take flight myself and I need a way to get at her without her being able to evade my shots and at the same time counter her.

I see a fire hydrant and I land and use a boost of construct power and open it up and then try to aim the sudden burst of high pressure water at her.

She screams like it worked then she unleashes another one of those concentrated blasts at me. I dodge out of the way but barely.

“Foolish slattern deed you tink zat vater would stop me? Peoples can veld under ze vater all ze time.”

“Darn it so much for that idea then, you feel like surrendering?”

“To a boorish oaf-woman like you? Never!”

She opens up with another burst of her flames and I fly up and out of the way and I fire back but this time spikes of force instead of energy blasts…I make a tether with them too as fine as my powers will allow hoping that they look sort of like the other blasts I’ve been firing.

Volcania does her little thruster mid-air skater shimmy thing and honestly…she’s pretty damned good and this is really my first really powered solo fight and it’s a lot harder than I thought.

She actually smirks at me after she dodges everything and does this double handed knuckle cracking fist thing that sends shivers down my spine. When she opens her hands her eyes flare into pits of burning flames and red hot molten something. And two of these spheres of fire appear in each of her hands.

“I knows zat zee are no zee only Ark an-gel coming so I end zis now!”

“Okay but me first.”

“Wazz?”

I flare the tethers to full power and I pull them back as hard and as fast as I can and each spike I send out punched through and became anchors in as many garbage cans as I could target on my HUD…I only went for the green ones with the compostable garbage in them too.

I focus and try to maneuver the cans so they’re all coming at her. She gets a hand up and she screams and fire off one of her sphere’s blowing them apart. The can’s and my constructs go up and a good deal of the stuff too but there’s still enough stuff in the massed amount of garbage that there’s lots left over.

And well it’s still coming her way.

She lets out a well and truly good scream of rage as she gets slimed.

I can smell what she flamed…I can only imaging the smell she’s getting.

She’s…she’s throwing up.

“Aaah…aaah! I have eet in my mout!”

And she horks again.

I take the chance to build a pretty good impact ball shot and I fire it right into her bread basket.

The added force gives her a good six or seven feet on her next burst of vomit.

She falls out of the air too and everything goes out from her hands to her hair and she’s gagging and she looks up at me in between gagging.

She’s no invulnerable to my attacks and her mascara’s running and her hair’s wet and she’s dripping brownish green slime and…and I think some of what I see looks like there was baby poo somewhere in one of the cans.

I have to try not to gag a bit and I haul off and I punch her lights out.

“………………pant…wheeze…”

“Scarlet Angel two meta bogies are down…” I look over at Obsidia who’s made it into a bus shelter and is hiding and covering herself in the corner and she’s glaring at me with the ball-gag still glowing in her mouth. “Both needing pick up one is a high powered brick and the other’s a high powered blaster fire based and flight capable. We’ve got badly wounded or worse officers here we need help ASAP.”

“Roger Scarlet Angel Daystar is on route with a tag and bag team and EMT’s and Fire should be there shortly.”

“Scarlet Angel clear.”

I use a burst of power to screw the hydrant shut and then another to net down Volcania to the concrete even though she’s out. I head to the officers and point at Obsidia. “You stay put…”

They’re hurt and in bad shape…I run a burst of Scarlet energy over them thinking if I can use this to touch things and all of that then it can read body temperature and pulse rate and things and it all starts coming up on my HUD with pulse, oxygen levels, temperature.

It sort of showers out of my palms in a shimmering red cone of light as I run it over the officers that are down and I notice the ones that took cover are up and have their weapons out and are covering the two women.

The two officers hit are burned I can see the burns almost through their things I’m not sure about the condition of the officer on the ground bleeding but there’s a funny looking color that’s not heat in their abdomen but they’re still breathing.

There’s a shine of golden light in the night sky as Daystar arrives and lands beside me and there’s the flashing lights of the aero-ambulances coming in for a landing.

“You okay?”

“Likely not my head’s aching and so is my neck and my skin hurts a little.”

“Okay you stand down and just try to sit still you might be more hurt than you think.”

I sigh and settle onto my bottom. “I…I think I’ll run a self-scan.”

“You in good enough shape to do that?”

“Yeah…”

“Well better not and let Karly take a look at you back at base.”

I look at him. He shrugs. “Sorry it wouldn’t be the first person worse off than they are because they said that they’re fine.”

Sigh…

“Okay…got it.”

“Hey…good work.”

“Thanks it wasn’t easy.”

“It never is.”

The EMT’s get there and a heavier ACPD hover transport for the two women and Obsidia resists arrest and she clobbers two officers trying to place these large tech looking shackles on her because she doesn’t want to get out of the bus shelter and Daystar goes over and he talks to her and she comes out after a few minutes with his leather jacket draped over her.

She’s big but he’s a really huge guy and his jacket is big enough on her that it’s covering her up mostly and goes down on her at least as far as a mini-skirt.

They stop her in front of me. Daystar looks at me. “Scarlet you mind cancelling the thing?”

What? Oh…

I look at her and I make the ball-gag vanish.

She spits and works her jaw and glares at me as they’re leading her in those cuffs away. “I’ll get you, you little bitch, no one humiliates me and gets away with it.”

“You might want to go after who designed your get up you know, I mean wardrobe malfunctions happen and all.”

Yeah Meorr…I’m being catty and wow I have a head ache now.

Daystar gets between her and I and he guides her away. “Miss Obsidia you might want to think about using your right to remain silent.”

I snerk.

Oww…

I’m watching the EMT’s take the wounded officer’s away the first being the one that was bleeding and they took off at a serious flight speed. I think I heard them say something about internal injuries.

I blink when there’s a hand offering to help me up and it’s Daystar and he changes it when I just sort of stare dumbly at it and stuff and he picks me up gently and carries me to another aero-ambulance.

“I’m…you don’t have to…”

“Well yes I do okay I think you’re worse off than you think and this is better safe than sorry.”

“Okay…I’m too beat to argue with you.”

“Good.” He smiles at me and he settles me in and it’s…wow…I might have a thing and a serious thing for Nikki but…he’s clean shaven and he’s big, like huge in that super-human kind of way and all that muscle and the so awesome blue eyes and the long blonde hair in a ponytail and stuff.

He’s really, really handsome in that makes me feel a little funny in the girl way.

And he’s very, very married.

Man…getting used to this and being me and these super hero types is going to take a whole lot more getting used to.

I kind of get him out of my head and I’m trying to take note of the ride since I’ve never been in an aero-ambulance before and the EMT looks at me and it’s the guy that I met with the whole big thing that happened down town when I first helped out all the other AA’s.

“Hey you.” He says in quietly and nicely kinda of caring guy and gentle like…I know because I’ve used the same tones myself.

“Hey…….” Oh...oh man I can’t remember his name.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It seem so

Easy in the comicbooks! Yikes! She had one heck of a fight. However, Scarlet also is dealing with her other challeges of being a girl in the middle of all these Alpha males and movie star beautiful women.

Just as Titian had to adapt to being a male, Scarlet is adapting to the girl thing.
hugs
Grover

Diane Castle...I'm a very big fan of her fight scenes.

Smart and well thought out and sometimes dirty when they have to be. Actually I'm a fan of most of the Whately action but her stuff in her Ayla stories for me stands out.

There's still a lot of adapting to go on for Darcy.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

wardrobe malfunction!

giggles. That's why most of the costumes girls wear in the comics would be bad news in a real fight ...

DogSig.png

thats why

you start of with the armored full body stocking, then accessorize.

I hate that

when people come up to me, an know me but I haven't a clue who they are. ask me about comics, or sci fi that i've read, but names and faces, forget it. tough fight, but you fight to win.
good chapter, thanks

And a half hour after they leave you remember.

It's not getting older, well not all of it I call it relevent memory. We keep really what we like or use the rest goes to the garbage files.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Yay! Scarlet Angel!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Now that's a real fight, all down and dirty and using every trick in the book to win. Superheroes in comics tend to portray fights that are more akin to a boxing match but I think this is prolly much closer to what a real fight would look like. Darcy really does have a heart of gold, trying her best to help save lives despite the personal physical cost.

Thanks for sharing another chapter of this wonderful story Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yeah Jemima, I love writing Darcy/Scarlet Angel.

I was trying for a right feel for the fight and a huge amount of the comics don't cover that kind of thing. There's setting a standard and there's being stupid.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one:)
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Situations

Appears to me that Dale needs to take some time and decide where his life is going, who he is - male or female, and what his sexuality will be going forward. Seems like the female side will take dominance, that is what happened with the previous cross-gender Scarlet Angels after all. But then which way is her life going to go from there, secret identity or full-time hero. Her sexuality is about like a game of 52 card pick-up, which really needs to be reconciled with what she does. Lots of room for lots of tough decisions with long term ramifications.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Yes Karen J. even Dale/Darcy thinks that too.

Are they ready for the choice yet? No...but that will depend an awful lot on how things go with heroing and school but especially Nikki.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Love the Story, But........

I just read the whole story up to this chapter. Loved it. But. Every time I hear Ark Angel, all I can think of is Miss Darla Dimple in "Cats Don't Dance" and I start to chuckle.