Jihad 8.5

Printer-friendly version

Jihad
8.5 Saudi Arabia
by Red MacDonald
Copyright © 2013 Red MacDonald
All Rights Reserved.

The Faithful, North African and Middle Eastern Islamic nations, are plotting to seize the oil resources of the Middle East. By controlling the earth's oil and its major trade routes, they plan to bring the world to its knees. Then, when the entire world is kneeling, the Faithful of Allah will read to them from the Koran, preaching the message of Islam, the True Faith. The Faithful will stop at nothing to achieve their goal. But how far will they go? And how many lives will it cost?

Persian Gulf-5x75.jpg

8. Counter-Attack

8.5 Saudi Arabia

* * * * *

8.5.1 Pigs!

It was ten hundred hours, and Admiral Duncan was reporting to General Algarro. "Morning, General."

Algarro was angry. "Admiral, I've read your reports. Very good. What's all this about pigs?"

"An idea of General Carter's. He decided to make the pass at Jubayl a profane place, one worthy of extreme terror and loathing to the Iranaqis. Hopefully, we can turn the entire road into a place so odious and despicable to them that they won't dare travel on it. If so, their supply line is permanently broken."

"Admiral, had you considered the consequences for our Saudi hosts? General a-Fayd has been all over me about this, and the King is considering his options."

"What options, Sir, and what consequences? The losing the war option? The throwing the Yankees out and welcoming the Iranaqis with open arms option?

"Gator, I think that this is one hell of an idea, and one we should use. General Carter has struck gold here. The Moslems are deathly afraid of pigs. So, why don't we take advantage of their superstition? We could broadcast that we're dipping our bullets in pig's blood, and mount pig's heads on our battlements. We could scatter pig's blood and guts all over the place.

"Or, Gator, we could just tell them that we're doing it. If you lied, by telling the Iranaqis that we were using pigs in our defense, you'd almost double your effectiveness."

"Yes, Admiral, I'll take it under advisement. Anything else? OK, Dunk, go kill me some Iranaqis."

Algarro's screen went blank. He turned to General a-Fayd who had been sitting quietly off screen. "Well, there it is, General. The ultimate enemy of all Moslems is defending your kingdom."

The Saudi Chief of Staff responded angrily, "It will cause a revolt if our people find out. The King will arrest me and have me garroted. And, I will have merited it."

"Why, Mahumaddi? You did nothing. Your people did nothing. We, the Unbelievers, did it. This weapon is obvious and logical. And, it just may win the war. As long as your people aren't involved, and we clean up after ourselves, who should care?"

"No, you are wrong, Gator. For you to blaspheme is one thing. For me to condone your blasphemy or to consort with you in such blasphemy is another. I cannot allow it."

"No, Mahumaddi, don't allow it. Just say that you do allow it. The fear of a weapon is just as bad, if not worse, than the weapon itself. Tell the Iranaqis that the evil Americans, the Unbelievers, are using swine to attack them. We'll close their roads and scare their troops to death long before they reach the battlefield. The US Marines will see to that!"

"No, General, I cannot allow it. If you persist, you will be expelled from our lands whatever the cost to us."

"As you wish, General. You will never hear of another incident."

After the Saudi Chief departed, Algarro called Admiral Duncan. "Dunk, the Saudi Chief of Staff just left my office. He told me that we were to leave his country if we persisted in using pigs. I promised him that he would never hear of another incident. Admiral, I don't want to hear of another incident involving pigs. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir, I do. You will never hear of another incident involving pigs, Sir."

"Fine, Dunk," Gator smiled, "We understand each other."

Admiral Duncan knew exactly what Gator meant and was sure that regardless of what happened the general would never hear a single report of another pig incident. To make sure, Duncan would have to contact each of his major unit commanders to deliver the exact same order. They'd all follow the orders in the same way that he and Carter would follow them.

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pork and Desert Storm

After the ground fighting had stopped many of us would give pork-based MRE's to Iraqi soldiers for food and then send them on their way back to Iraq. What the Marines did in the previous episode is old-hat and something soldiers have been doing to the enemy for as long as there have been wars.

Pork & Desert Storm

Hello Payter,

Yes, but does that make it any less sweat? ;-)

Thanks for your comments. I really do appreciate them.

Red MacDonald

Stupid Air Farce Brass

As a soldier in the U.S. Army the plane I most loved seeing over the battlefield is the A-10. However, yet again, the farging idiot brass in the AF are planning to completely do away with the A-10 from it's inventory. I can actually remember back when I was still in HS back in the 70's when the numbnuts in the AF planned to replace the A-10 with P-51 Mustangs and redesignate them as A-51's. However, this time there is no plan to come up with a replacement for the A-10 besides assigning the close air support role to multiple supersonic fighters. Planes that are going to fast to actually see the target on the ground and don't have the legs to hang around keeping the bad guys off of the soldiers on the ground.

Good old hog!

Hello Payter,

I couldn't agree more. The A-10 is a superb approach to close air support.

It's slow, because it has to be for the pilot to observe the ground situation, assess it, and plan for ordnance delivery.

It's powerful, because it has to be. Eight tons of ordnance sounds like a lot, but it never seems like enough when it's a combat situation. The fact that it's mixed ordnance means the pilot has choices of weapons to use, and must select the one or the combination that will get the job done.

It has the most powerful gun to be carried by a combat aircraft. The 30-mm GAU is huge, packs an incredible punch and car wipe out armor like a hot knife slices butter.

The titanium shell protects the pilot, making it difficult for AAA or AAMs to kill a valuable, skilled and highly trained pilot. The redundant flight control systems make the plane difficult to fatally dammage.
The Hog gets you home.

Try that with an F-15, F-16 or F-18. It ain't gonna happen. Those flyboys haven't the foggiest what close air support means. Their aircraft are far too expensive, their pilots are not trained to perform that function, and their aircraft ar too fragile.

I am reminded of the experiences of WWII. The P-51, Spifire, ME-109, etc, were fine fighters, which, when manned by a skilled and experienced pilot, were death dealers to other aircraft. But, when they were down low and personal, they were incredibley vulnerable. Then, there were the Sturmoviks, Thunderbolts and Typhoons, that went in there, were shot to pieces, yet still performed their close support missions and brought their pilots home.

It's still true.

My only suggestion is if the Air Force doesn't want the A-10, then the Army should reacquire fixed-wing systems, including the Warthog.

Red MacDonald